5.8

1. Feb 25, 2015
    FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this game. if anybody likes mmo and open world this is for you. it is fun to play. you can be a goodie or a baddy . steal cars or have your own. sometimes mine lags but thats teeny. FUN!!!
  2. Jan 8, 2015
    I think is a fun game if just the cheaters don't appears, or P2W people. But anyway, is the Creator's fault, puting his game like a work first than a great entertainement for the users. I play this since almost 2 years ago, and i know it have some bugs and fail on servers, like, i was 114 rank till (HAN) server got lonely (I don't know why) and i had to move to Joker. There's a fail inI think is a fun game if just the cheaters don't appears, or P2W people. But anyway, is the Creator's fault, puting his game like a work first than a great entertainement for the users. I play this since almost 2 years ago, and i know it have some bugs and fail on servers, like, i was 114 rank till (HAN) server got lonely (I don't know why) and i had to move to Joker. There's a fail in class users too, like a "T" killing a Gold or Silver user with a simply STAR 556 without mods. I mean, WTF. But anyway, stills my favourite game, and at least i don't P2W, and i never cheated so, if maybe people kills me is because they are noob cheaters so i stay calm and keep playing. I know is a little unfair cause, i wasted most of my time on it and it's hard to level up. Maybe is because i never pay for it? Anyway, gamers first becomes P2WinFirst.
    Talking about the game physics, i don't have anything more than, it sucks, with all letters. S-U-C-K-S.
    Talking about missions, users find always the way to troll the game rules to win faster, and it have to be fair and change the way we can win or lose.
    Talking about unreal money, if you don't have premium is a little hard to get being a Cop, but being a Robber anyone can kill you when you are Five Stars Reputation. So, there's a good and bad things being a Police or a Criminal. The best thing that the game have is socialization, the character, car and symbol designer is pretty fun and creative.
    The advice is, always, stay with gold/silver people, even if a stupid bronze can be better than a gold many times, always, be with silver/gold people, and make a great team work. Great team work can be better than a stupid cheater. =)
  3. Jan 4, 2015
    Graphics, layout and good gameplay but the server is very fault, sometimes it takes more than 15 minutes to find a party. Although there are two factions on both servers the number of criminals is devastating. And PVP is unbalanced exponentially. The missions are repetitive. Anyway everything you do in the game, in addition to missions very very boring, is to destroy everything thatGraphics, layout and good gameplay but the server is very fault, sometimes it takes more than 15 minutes to find a party. Although there are two factions on both servers the number of criminals is devastating. And PVP is unbalanced exponentially. The missions are repetitive. Anyway everything you do in the game, in addition to missions very very boring, is to destroy everything that crosses your path. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2014
    One of my favourite games, and I give it the highest score-BUT...here's the issues:

1. Cheaters! Although they are still present, cheaters do not last long, as they brought in a new system called fairfight, which seems to work well, so you'll find a lot less cheaters now. 2. You need a good machine. Forget using a 5 year old PC, you need the FPS's to play this game, 60 would be good.

2. You need a good machine. Forget using a 5 year old PC, you need the FPS's to play this game, 60 would be good. The game is VERY CPU intensive so do NOT fall in the trap of getting a good graphics card but skimp on the CPU. Get an I5 or a 6-8 core AMD for this!! MAny players perform terribly because they get only 20-30fps.

3. matchmaking. Each map has around 90-100 players, 45-50 on a side, which means that you will not always be able to be matched with someone of your skill. Sometimes you will be faced with a teamspeaking team of 4 who are very experiences, and you will get destroyed. Other times you will be put against new players and completely destroy them. But most of the time I find the matchmaking ok. The worst experience is when you play solo with a random group against a team of experienced teamspeakers. If that happens just accept you will lose badly and move on to the next mission.

If you can invest the hours and become decent (learning curve is high), it is tons of fun

A word of advice is to play with friends, it's tons of fun. I play solo and although I have fun, it's not quite the same thing.
  5. Sep 21, 2014
    I really wanted to enjoy this game, I really did. But the issues of instability, rubberbanding, FPS dropping to single digits even when I can play this game at 60 FPS easily, and a playerbase that's perpetually angry drove me away.

Planetside 2, a horribly optimized game runs better than APB:R. Now that's saying something.
  6. Aug 19, 2014
    After having played this game for 3 years and put over 1000 hours into it. I can say for certain that this game is a fundamentally flawed broken unfinished piece of sh!t, no one wants to play this game and FOR A GOOD REASON.

Apb has a huge potential to be something great, It has the hands down best customization any game ever made has to offer. You can create your own cars and clothing and truely be anything you want to be with little limitation. But on the gameplay side of things, while the the idea behind the gameplay and the missions and all that stuff is solid, the fundamental design flaws prevents it from living up to that potential. On top of that, the game is littered with many bugs, imbalances and, serious client side and crippling server side performance issues. And most importantly, this game attracts and empowers a lot of duchebags to do maximum duchebaggery, they are like the soul of APB (and not in a good way)

So what are these fundamental game design flaws?

Map designs that do not take into account what this game is about and how it is played, players love exploiting the flawed map designs to cheat and the mission by placing items on high up unreachable places and obstructing or destroying the only way to get there, making the whole mission invalid and granting them an automatic win. Or putting the item in a car and circumvent the speed penalty for doing so by just pushing the car with another car and driving on the part of the map that is impossible to intercept.

Mission designs that give no consideration to the locations or nonsensical objectives that dont take into consideration the nature of the game. For example, investigating an ATM in a middle of an open 80-150m space with no cover and surrounded by sniping positions. Or pointless objectives that are impossible for one of the teams to do, like stopping a car from going through 3 unspecified checkpoints on random locations on the map. Some mission objectives are placed in locations that greatly favor one of the teams.

Almost all missions in this game require you to camp the objective, the whole game is based on camping and some combinations of map locations and mission objectives make it impossible to finish some missions because the enemy team is camping some roof top that has only one way up with guns pointed at it and is too high to be sniped.

Theres also weapons that dont belong in this game, Such as the OSMAW rocket launcher that makes any semblance of a balance in this game, hit rock bottom.

No one will ever fight fair, they will use every dirty trick in the book, any given opportunity to cheat the mission and will have no mercy for your rank 25 noob as.s.

They will be rude and obnoxious about it, they will message you without provocation just to insult you during or after the mission when they won it. The forum community is just as rotten.

I also have to mention the broken matchmaking that throws low level beginner players against high level duchebags that have unlocked every possible balance breaking gear and know every possible game exploit and are not ashamed to use all that to stomp the low level new players that dont have jack sh!t unlocked. The more game breaking gear is, the higher level locked it is, making sure that people who dont need it to win the mission have it and people who could really use it dont, witch tips the scales to a 90 angle between both sides.

If you have no job and live in your mom's basement, even you will find this game to be the biggest grind fest ever conceived, if you do not have a sh!t bucket nearby, this game is not for you. Even with premium, be prepared to put at least 400 hours to get on a level playing field with the rest of the players or your as.s will be stomped every mission you do. You will get 90% grind and 10% actual enjoyment before you get to a point where you have all the necessary gear unlocked and can start playing the game just for fun.

If all of this wasnt enough, G1" is "working hard" to add all kinds of new and exciting ways to be an **** in the game. Such as the "car surfer" character mod that allows your character to ride on top of a car and fire any bul.lsh!t weapon you want at your opposition who is chasing you and blowing up their car, eliminating every little remaining chance for the enemy team to get their hands on that item you are running away with like a **** instead of fighting, throwing out the last remaining bit of fairness and balance out the window and ensuring the victory for your team.

A car surfing OSMAW **** on top of a car with other cowboy hat duchebags is like a cherry on top of a stinking sh!t cake. It is the symbol of everything that is wrong with this game.

i also forgot to mention, the gun play is a joke, there is no proper bullet collisions with map objects, making you hit invisible forcefields and random objects you arent even aiming at, your weapons lock up and dont shoot if you pressed shoot a tiny bit too soon after you finished climbing a ladder or getting out of the car. There is no such thing as hitboxes for body parts or headshots or any of that modern stuff, the whole player is one big hitbox (usualy bigger than the player model so they can kill you without even touching you. The servers run on a 40ms (idea conditions - also never) tick rate that effects the gun play, and other aspects of the game. This means things only happen every 40ms, you can feel this delay the most when you are driving a car or pressing F to do an action, you can also see the shots you fired at lets say a car, hit it after some delay. This is kind of a problem to the gun play, you get the kill or not depends a lot not on your skill but on factors like if your shots are at the beginning or the end of that 40ms gap, witch is also greatly effected by crippling server side lag issues. It also seems that some people are favored by the server over others, they are so called lag armor users or people that kill you faster than the max fire rate of the weapon they are using. Its different from person to person, i guess the server somehow lines up people in a specific order when it processes information coming from them. There is also a big problem called ghost shots, its when you shoot but for whatever reason the server doesnt register any of your shots.
  7. Jul 31, 2014
    Insanely Fun game, I have around 700+ hours into this game. New Anti-cheat system, 212 hackers gone the first day. This game is not P2W at all. I've seen teams get ruined by the starting gun. I have a friend who forced himself to use nothing but the pistol, he started out horrible, now he takes out entire groups with just the pistol.

This game is about skill and practice. You will not

This game is about skill and practice. You will not jump in and be the greatest shooter on the planet. You will lose, you will rage, you will either sink or swim. I recommend not getting this game If you have anger issues. I am not the greatest player, I lose a lot , but I still have fun. It is those close matches where you really enjoy the game.

The customization in this game is on an entirely different level. You can pretty much make anything... I am a ninja turtle with a shotgun. I created the turtle van. I've seen some really great designs in this game. There really is no other game that can match this type of customization.

They are working on improving the matchmaking system, and will be upgrading the game engine soon as well. It's definitely worth checking out.
  8. Jul 18, 2014
    I think we can all agree the original release of his game was terrible, this re-release has fixed many of the originals problems. This is one of my favorite free to play games out there, but it can get a bit repetitive. One way to avoid this, is to get some friends, and think of some other stuff you can do. The customization in this game is some of the best I have ever seen, you canI think we can all agree the original release of his game was terrible, this re-release has fixed many of the originals problems. This is one of my favorite free to play games out there, but it can get a bit repetitive. One way to avoid this, is to get some friends, and think of some other stuff you can do. The customization in this game is some of the best I have ever seen, you can make symbols to put on your characters clothes and as paints for your car. It is a fun game overall. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    APB was a great game that died in economic fail. Then some other people bought it and turned it into the worst form of pay2win game. Paying players run around with golden guns which are far superior to anything else the game offers, completely ruining the (previously fairly good) balance of the game. Since a four-vs-four competitive multiplayer game will suffer greatly from bad balancing,APB was a great game that died in economic fail. Then some other people bought it and turned it into the worst form of pay2win game. Paying players run around with golden guns which are far superior to anything else the game offers, completely ruining the (previously fairly good) balance of the game. Since a four-vs-four competitive multiplayer game will suffer greatly from bad balancing, this intentional bad balancing will ruin it for everyone, probably even the guy with the golden gun. Steer clear of this! Expand
  10. Jul 10, 2014
    I wish i could play it but for some reason I crash randomly and my friend gets kicked for so called "hacking". I would much rather just go play some gta.
  11. Jul 7, 2014
    It is truly a shame to see a wonderful concept of a video game to turn rotten thanks to a few block-headed developers and producers that seemingly want the game to go under for a second time with their nail-point pushing of Armas Marketplace/Paid premium advantages, temporary in-game items and now years of ongoing yo-yo'ing server stability issues.

The neglect of this game by the

The neglect of this game by the creators has to be the biggest I have ever seen besides the one in Dota 2. Early attempts to connect with the community was promising with the TMC being announced (Test Monkey Crew) whereas a select few out of thousands of applications from the community were chosen to spearhead testing and feedback of test versions of APB. Alas, the "plan" was very quickly shut down due to a huge lack of planning/structure.

Live, actual communication between the crew and It's leader (Jared Parks) had to be done through scraped-together Ventrilo/Teamspeak servers that was supplied by members of the crew themselves and the way they reported bugs changed about 3-4 times under the lapse of a month, varying from sending emails to report sites to using special forum sections. It mostly consisted of everyone sending group emails which caused massive waves of spam, the traffic from a non-busy hour being enough to fill maybe 2-3 pages of hotmail's email list within an hour.

Times and plans for actual testing (You had to do it with everyone else with maybe 30-60 minutes notice on beforehand) was made up and changed frequently. Needless to say me knowing all this, I was a part of the hand-picked elite team and thus, when I say GamerFirst's ability to organize and create proper communication is putrid, It's an understatement.

There has been promises on their blog that a revamp of the game's outdated Unreal 3 Engine is under way but seeing the active and current years of neglect, I don't see the likelyhood of G1 getting back any of the respect they've lost to be very big.
  12. Jun 23, 2014
    Nice Game, but Punkbuster is GOD for them. And they do not lift Banns which are actually false positives.

The Concept is nice : Enforcers against Criminals, but Enforcers are Gangs like the Crims. So the Chaos starts in the Streets of San Paro.

So my Review gives just a one.
  13. May 15, 2014
    APB:reloaded; the promise and shell of great beginnings seldom finished. You can almost see the diamond in the ruff here... Unfortunately it falls several feet short of actually hitting the mark.

THE GOOD - Graphics, are pretty decent, especially for a game advancing in age running on an older version the Unreal 3 Engine. - Customization, hands down the best I have ever seen in

THE GOOD

- Customization, hands down the best I have ever seen in any game, ever.

- Game play is decent, like every kid's game of cops and robbers made into video game form. So, it's not bad, if a little repetitive.

THE BAD

- despite the graphics being somewhat decent the old engine they use does not support many common features, such as dynamic lighting. Which often leave the game feeling a little too.... "plastic". Not really a big deal, however.

- Most of the customization is locked behind a pay wall.

- Outside of extended character and car customization the monthly "premium" fee does not grant the customer anything of value.

- One trick pony. Quite simply once you've been through one series of missions, you've been through every mission you ever go through in APB.

- P2W one of the few legitimate cases of there actually being a culture of "pay to win". Many veterans will assert that these weapons are simply convenience "side grades" which, if true, really begs the question why every premium player rocks non-stock ARMAS (in game store) only weapons.

- Matchmaking is nonexistent. Although players are separated into three main brackets (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and several sub-brackets in each "league". At least that's the official story. In practice the matchmaker seems to match anyone and everyone for no apparent reason regardless of their league bracket. this mainly results in "Golds" farming silver shards and using the excuse that "their are no gold districts" -- Which, mind you, is true, but only because (literally) every gold is farming silver districts. basically their arguments fall flat on their face. Also be prepared for the fact that most people in the gold league are clans operating in 3 to 5 man premades "PUG"stomping silvers.

This, in my estimation, is the games biggest downfall as it breeds resentment amongst newer players as they are mercilessly stomped by these "PUGstars". Many will cite the frustration of fighting against far better equipped and much more experience opponents as their primary reason for leaving the game.

- Hacking. Is reportedly quite a prevalent issue in the game. granted, most "hackusations" (as the community likes to put it) are the result of particularly skilled players running all over PUG's. However, there are and will always be readily available hacks to anyone who cares to look for them. They are not hard to find. I have no idea just how widespread the hacking issue is -- But my impression is that it's not that bad, though by no means a total myth.

- Server stability. has long been an issue, long before G1 took the reins. Unfortunately this has not changed since then and is unlikely to ever be "fixed".

- Dwindling population. This game is hemorrhaging players like a hemophiliac stuck through the gut with a long sword. Ultimately this results in mainly the PUGstompers lingering around while newcomers quit for greener pastures.

CONCLUSION:

The games base shows a lot of potential, however, G1 has shown little interest in realizing that potential. Opting, instead, to use APB as a platform with which to sell clothes for people to play virtual dolls.

That said, it boats a truly impressing and outstanding character customization system that puts even the best MMRPG's to shame. If there's one feature in APB that will keep you coming back, its designing your character and cars. I simply cannot extol the awesomeness of this system enough.

Gameplay is decent enough, and the game is worth a romp considering its pricetag ("F2P"). I would recommend checking it out simply because it is free. It will definitely take a week of your life before you grow bored of it.
  14. May 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The character customization was absolutely beyond anything I have ever seen in a game and the graphics are decent; so, as much as I would like to, it would be unfair to give it a 0. Yes. that's pretty much the only good I see in this game. I can trick out my character and car for hours on end, making it stand out from the rest; but what good is that if the game is unplayable 80% of the time? You're probably asking yourself, "What does that mean?" Well this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjn8Hm--eMk should explain most of where the problem lies - in APB:R's NetCoding and G1's Servers; it's complete ♥♥♥♥. I'll admit I don't have the best internet, but this game makes me feel like I would be less frustrated than if I were to have no internet connection at all - it's that bad. If you're not getting disconnected every hour or two, you're probably looking like this right now: http://imageshack.com/a/img843/1781/sw1u3.jpg
    If you're lucky, you'll get a two - three hour "grace period" where instances like the video and picture doesn't happen (as often). And believe you me, that was one of the happiest moments of my life. Oh but it doesn't stop there..if this isnt bad enough, your first impressions of this game will be greeted by login errors and server crashes! Want more? Well here's something that will make you want to quit. You're in one of your "grace periods" and happily decide to K (ready) up for a mission in a bronze server. The mission starts and look who is on the other team..silver threat players. Seems legit right? Turns out all of them are deathreating gold threat players, happily stomping on your team because "Hue, dhers liek, noe 1 in da g0ld server, huhee.gg n00bz". What I found funny was that if all these deathreat rejects were to stay their threat and go into their own server, it wouldn't be quite as "empty" now would it? If that short little story was "TL;DR" for you, the basic knowledge floating around is the fact that the matchmaking is flawed; VERY flawed and the "good" players take full advantage of it. You'll see yourself facing players who are a higher threat and 100+ ranks higher than you - on a regular basis.

Cheers and good luck from Canada.
  15. May 3, 2014
    APB Reloaded is extremely fun. The only thing keeping it from a perfect 10 is the Joker tickets and rented guns. It's nearly impossible to get Joker tickets unless you buy them with real money, and the amazing guns are only allow you to have them for 7 or 8 days! That's kind of ridiculous. Overall, its a great game that is very fun.
  16. Apr 22, 2014
    This game is **** Before anybody starts flaming that I am noob or anything, I have wasted over 600 hours, 150$+ in this game and I am gold threat.
    I first started playing this game about 3 years back. The max rank at that time was 195. I was in love with the game, it was so much fun at first. So I started getting into it. Soon I realised that this game was and is far from beeing balanced. I will cover EVERY aspect I hate about this game right here, so lean back and let's get on to it.
    First: About 2 years ago the performance of the game DRASTICLY got worse. This is because (and APB offically admited this) they don't know their game. They changed a couple of codes around and **** up big time. They had no backup data whatsoever and screwed the game over completly. Irepairably. They want to fix it with an engine, but still it will take at least a year for this to come out. These lagspikes are crappy annoying as hell. If you are in a 1v1 fight you loose or win countless times not because of skill, but because of mini-lags that either you or the opponent has. A better computer changes NOTHING. It's just the way the game is programmed. This is fueled by server-lags. My record ping in one match was 1500 and I have really good internet and a download-rate of about 2MB per second. This is something UNACCEPTABLE. Most of the times the servers **** up, they could get better servers, even people offered to give away their gaming-pcs to be servers for this game, but for some religious reason or anything the APB developers don't accept that. Maybe it's too complicated for them to set up new servers.
    Next thing: Weapon balancing. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GAME HAS ANY WEAPON BEEN COMPLELTY BALANCED. The oca-Nano is still imbalanced as **** percs are crap, they now managed to ruin the Colby completly to render it useless and a SHAW > everything. I had bronze-guys kill me with a SHAW, why? Well, I came to them from behind started firing my tommy-gun and what do they do? They turn around slowly and POOM. Spray n Pray, kill. This game is about 15% Skill, 40% weapon choice and 45% hoping that the server doesn't lag. I had a pause of one year and this was the first thing I saw in this game. A year ago the same thing was with the Whisper. And it's still dang-strong. I don't even wanna mention the ACES, this is propably the most ridiculous gun I've seen in the entire game so far. Kill time of about 0.000002 Seconds, without Spray n Pray to say the least. That **** needs such a BIG nerf.
    Another thing that is still crappy: P2W. There is no REAL P2W but there is a: P2 be a douche, P2 level faster, Pay for EVERYTHING. The only thing missing is that you can buy the easter-special grenade launcher on ARMAS for 500$ and then I would be done with this game. The guns on ARMAS cost around 20-60$, depending on if ARMAS thinks it's gonna sell well or not. These guns are sometimes even ARMAS-only guns like the CR5 or the ACES. I don't understand why people think it's justified to put those guns on ARMAS only. And btw: The online-shop is the ONLY place in game where you can get a weapon for lifetime. Don't even bother wasting your money there, it's just gonna get you nothing!
    Next up: Physics. Sometimes they are funny. Sometimes they are crappy as hell. No proper physics allowed in this game.
    Now, my favourite part: Matchmaking. I get onto my criminal account (R141) and I get called as backup. I have a trainy and a bronze in my team, and then me, the goldie. Against? Correct: 3 Maxed out Golds. The game doesn't allow my team to call any more backup. So WP APB, this is a fair matchmaking. Couldn't be much worse, could it? They at least managed to get a proper definition of bronze-silver and gold through the points, though it's not really stable. I have a friend who switched from gold to silver and back for 74 times now, I am not ****ting you. This is so ridiculous. I don't even want to say anything else to that.
    This game is not just that noob unfriendly if it comes to matchmaking. If you start the game first time you will get into a server, be on auto-ready and automatically recieve a mission. Noobs don't even know what missions are or they are too ****ing braindead to realise that they are not supposed to shoot the green-guys but the red ones. And most of the time noobs don't see through a ton of flashy stuff that they even GOT a mission. So WP APB again, noob friendly like a competitive Counter-Strike server for CS noobs.

Conclusion: Try it out if you don't think I am telling the truth. The first 100 hours are really fun to play. I started playing 2 weeks ago again and the first week was actually pretty fun to get used to everything and so on. But now, I am catching myself raging about all the **** this game still contains. And I haven't even mentioned mission-running or the cheat-system punkbuster which doesn't do **** and causes trouble at any give occasion. All in all, not worth more than 2/10 points.
  17. Apr 18, 2014
    At first glance APB reloaded looks like a GTA clone with mmo aspects, but don't be fooled. Even though you can steal cars and a few other things, the game plays much more like a generic shooting game similar to COD. You are given a variety of missions, but in the end each mission is basically a team deathmatch. It is fun at first, but gets repetitive too soon. The various things you canAt first glance APB reloaded looks like a GTA clone with mmo aspects, but don't be fooled. Even though you can steal cars and a few other things, the game plays much more like a generic shooting game similar to COD. You are given a variety of missions, but in the end each mission is basically a team deathmatch. It is fun at first, but gets repetitive too soon. The various things you can do that are not a basic deathmatch are mundane and tedious. One nice thing the game has to offer is its detailed customization, but not even the diversity of outfits makes up for its mediocre gameplay. APB is fun for a while, but it is probably not a game you will end up playing for very long. Expand
  18. Apr 6, 2014
    Alright so played this thing in 2011 when it went "Free to play" ( you'll see why the quotes later ) and go bought by G1.
    Played it for about 5-6 months until the amount of hackers and P2W ( the real side of their so -called free to play ) guns made me ragequit after i maxed all contacts.
    Back then i read the reviews here, thought to myself...they are pretty mild compared to reality, and there sure are a lot of 10 for a horrid game, but i didn't bother making a review about it.

2014 - i went it to try again the game.
    Conclusion?
    It's the same cesspool i have left but now WORSE.

Oh where to begin...
    First of all the game now freezes and stutters like crazy because it keeps loading and loading your memory with every design on cars, characters etc until eventually even my 16 Gb RAM rig died...it just DIED. It froze and then blue screen.
    Second, the car driving is miserable, they still have their "innovative" server-side driving, this means you are basically piloting the Mars rover ( with the same reply time as the **** rover ).
    Basically i was bouncing from wall to wall while driving while my ping was - supposedly - 30-45ms.
    I dare not imagine how it is for those of you with higher pings.

Thirdly, the physics, dear GOD the physics.
    Cars flip over like they are made of jelly, suspension is inexistant and basically every sharp turn is a potential side-flip even if you are driving at 5kmph and turn sloooowly.
    Hitboxes remain the same idiotic "ghost zones" - meaning if you have a small character, shooting ABOVE YOU ( in the air ), you will take damage as if your character's head would still be there.
    Since the game tries to make hit boxes equal ( more likely they were too lazy to design a variable one ), your hit box "signature" in the game is that of FAT **** whose ass is visible from half a mile even if you play a midget.
    Of course this tends to be super abused by experienced veterans like crazy.

Doors cannot be opened normally, but only kicked in - which locks your character in a stupid animation for 2-3 seconds, enough for the guy on the other side to do some lead surgery on you.
    Ugh...what else..missions..oh yeah

Missions are your basic go here, kill them, get item, deliver, or a combination of these.
    The "lore" is a joke, it's basically some psychopaths waging a goddamn war over 20$ or someone;'s dog , or some other stupid **** like that.
    Nobody looks.

Matchmaking, oh boy did they **** up with this one..and they never fixed it.
    2011 i said matchmaking was a disaster.
    2014 - nothing changed.

I still have my old enforcer, but i figured i'd try the game as a new guy - BIG MISTAKE.
    I think i did like 40-50 missions, all of them ( not 90% or 95% , but ALL ) were me with some silver guy VS an army of fully loaded maxed out character.
    And yes all guns do damage, so it IS possible to kill the enemies even with starter gun pretty well.

But there are things that tip that balance.
    Deliver a car?
    They got a rocket launcher, you don't.

Get the package?
    They got a fast car, you don't.

And the list goes on with subtle ways to **** with you.

The community is a dump...oh i'm sorry...i don't want to offend the DUMP.
    Plenty of russians who seems to think their language is the new global and expect you to know it, and if you don't yell at you ( in russian, for extra comedy ) for not doing what they said.
    A lot of players who don't even look at chat. I kept writing information about enemies and they were not even replying or doing what i said, just go in there, die , rinse, repeat.
    The forums are horrible. basically if you have ANY legitimate problem with the game the forum trolls' reply is "don't like it , get lost" and to make things worse , the forum MODERATORS are chiming in...saying the same thing.

There was a whole PR disaster when it was found that several such moderators ( who by the way are allowed to play the game ) were hacking and/or covering for hackers by removing posts bashing them.
    So you can see how "unbiased" their forums are. Support is non-existent and i don't think G1 is to blame. I simply haven't FOUND a button to ask for support in game, so this is probably a RTW "feature" ( like many asian developed games, support is a foreign word it seems ) So far the only thing that is still good - and ironically keeps attracting me to the game is the amazing character creator, that no game has ever done before...and no game has done ever since. It's huge and i mean HUGE. Well, they managed to royally screw that one too. See, they release regular "patches" and in them you would expect them to fix bugs, right? But no, instead, more ARMAS crap. And yes as a F2P game they SHOULD do that, but NOT ONLY that. Main issues remain. Oh yeah it's also horrible overpriced - everything in the shop is sooo overpriced. Overall a superb character creator a good game does not make. And the rest is not a game it's masochism.
  19. Feb 28, 2014
    I really tried to like this game. I remember hearing about it for the first time and was stoked. All in all the game sounds good and looks good on paper, but that's where the good ends. I have tried three times to get into and play this game but was met with garbage each and every time.
  20. Feb 13, 2014
    Reading the reviews on this game, I am not surprised that the reviewers have rated it low.

Let's get something out of the way first; APB: Reloaded is HARD to get into. Especially when you start, the game is balls-to-the-wall batsh*t crazy hard. Don't expect an easy time, because this game will rearrange your face for days. Why? The shooting feels weird to begin with, the driving feels floaty, and you can be matched with anyone in a district (the 45 v 45 servers that you play on), and there are no restrictions to what they can bring into a fight. One minute, you could be fighting people just as green as you, and the next, you're fighting someone who's played the game for an era, tooled out with the very latest in rocket-propelled newb crushing devices. Is this a bad thing? I'd argue no, because this extremely harsh treatment forces you to learn; your enemies will teach you things without you even knowing it, and to an equal extent, so will your allies; for example, I never know you could jump-kick a door (and hence taking me out of the line of fire, and opening the door at the same time) until one of my opponents, who was wrecking me, did it (and then proceeded to wreck me, but that's a different story). Some will not like this, and that is OK, as it's understandable. This game is way better with friends, you can co-ordinate, and just generally have a good laugh.

When you invest time, this game starts to flourish. You unlock more stuff to deck out your character with, and the customization is on an extent that, to this day, has not been replicated on any other title. You can customize your character's clothes with various symbols, and the customization editor is, if you have the time to spend, not difficult to learn. Simply walking through the Social District (the place where you buy and customize) shows a massive range of customization, from the terrifying to the superb.

After a bit of practice, the combat begins to make sense; this is a fast-paced game, and the shooting reflects that. While yes, it still has a certain feel of floaty-ness, and this is a just criticism, the shooting starts to fit after a few hours. The same applies to the driving, you'll begin by crashing into walls and spinning out to no end, and within a few hours, you'll be drifting with the best of them.

For all of those people crying "PAY TO WIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN", no, that is wrong. Most weapons you can buy with in-game money is equal, if not better, than it's paid counter-part. For example, the ATAC 424 (which is a paid assault rifle), is completely outclassed past 20 meters by the N-TEC (a free-to-play assault rifle that looks like an AK). Or, a popular title for the game's most pay-to-win weapon, the HVR Scout (a sniper rifle that you can jump-shoot with and still maintain accuracy), is beaten easily by a competent player with the free sniper-rifle, the HVR-762 (way more damage, and jumping makes his path extremely predictable). The only gun that, in my opinion, is pay-to-win is the OCA Nano, which can only be obtained out of the random boxes you can buy, or in the in-game marketplace, sold by players for a lot of money. Towards the end of the game, you can get it for free from daily missions from the last mission givers, so even then, it's not really "pay" to win.

So, to conclude, APB is a hard game, played best with friends, which requests that you put time in to learn the game instead of just shouting "THIS GAME SUUUUXXXXX" and throwing mouse/controller/headset/family pet at the wall.
  21. Feb 13, 2014
    1. Game is full of lags
    2. Game is for pay to win ****
    3. Enormus amount of hackers(especially aimbots and damage increase hacks)
    4. If you tipe /fps in the square below it says you have normal ping but the game just lags and lags.
  22. Jan 24, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. This game is fun to someone who just wants to have some online action, and drive a car and run people over! But there are some fall-backs. It is hard to start off the game, and it is hard to be a beginner at level one playing against experienced players at level 50. But all-in-all, it is a good game.
  23. Jan 24, 2014
    This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing online games. Sure it takes a while to get used to the mechanics of the game and to level your characters, but once you hit that sweet spot of being able to kill other players with reasonable gear the fun is never ending. Nothing compares to blowing up a car full of enemy players with your rocket launcher and having them whisper you in aThis is probably the most fun I've ever had playing online games. Sure it takes a while to get used to the mechanics of the game and to level your characters, but once you hit that sweet spot of being able to kill other players with reasonable gear the fun is never ending. Nothing compares to blowing up a car full of enemy players with your rocket launcher and having them whisper you in a rage. The customisation is one of the best I've seen on any game, there's literally nothing you cant create. The biggest factor for me in the pvp aspect of the game as the challenge never stops because your always fighting against other players just as good as you are. The 2 cities are large enough never to get bored and the missions are varied enough to keep it interesting. The community seems consistent and its not really pay to win as there are always ways to kill enemies with paid for items, you just have to use teamwork.
    The game also features a fantastic soundtrack and you can import your own music to play in your car as you drive around.
    I have no idea why this game has a low user score and I give it 10/10, plus its free!
    The $10 sub per month gives you faster levelling and quicker access to better equipment plus more cash/exp for winning missions.
  24. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is amazing. There is lots of guns and customization with cars, guns, and characters. You can choose to be a criminal (rob, mug, commit crimes) or enforcer (PvP with the criminals). The missions are a bit repetitive. Its a fun game if you have friends, and it will take some time for you to have fun, but its great, everyone looking for a fun game that is free, install this.
  25. Nov 1, 2013
    If you haven't played this game in the last year it's definitely worth checking out again. They have made massive improvements to the overall experience that make it much more enjoyable all around. The gameplay is similar to a GTA online style.
  26. Oct 5, 2013
    Not bad, not good.
    Broken,buggy and online connectivty issues..Developers should focus on game network system rather than gameplay and graphics...Not friendly game to newcommers...
  27. Oct 2, 2013
    Somewhat interesting gameplay cannot compensate toxic community, GMs supporting exploiters against normal players horrible game engine performance, blatant pay2win weapons.
  28. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm giving it a 4 because there are no permanent guns for Free Players. Otherwise, I might give it an 8 or 9. It's like GTA but in an MMORPG, which would be good if it weren't for the fact that all free players have to rent ALL guns besides the ones they start out with. No thanks.
  29. Jul 13, 2013
    I think this game is awesome for a free-to-play game but there is one HUGE mistake that ruins the whole game, the matchmaking. Most PVP games work like this, levels 1-5 will fight each other and then 6-10 will fight each other and so on but APB Reloaded puts anyone against anyone meaning it could be a level 1 player vs a level 20 player. I had several games in row where I couldn't killI think this game is awesome for a free-to-play game but there is one HUGE mistake that ruins the whole game, the matchmaking. Most PVP games work like this, levels 1-5 will fight each other and then 6-10 will fight each other and so on but APB Reloaded puts anyone against anyone meaning it could be a level 1 player vs a level 20 player. I had several games in row where I couldn't kill anyone because it took about 3 magazines to take down one person and it only took 3 shots to kill me.

The matchmaking system is extremely unbalanced and broken so unless you have some serious patience do not play this game.
  30. Jul 3, 2013
    If you can see past the bugs, the premium balance issues and the repetitive gameplay, APB Reloaded is quite a nice game. The customization is very good (even for non-paying players) and you can customize a lot of stuff. Even though the gameplay is a bit repetitive and lacking in content, what is there is OK to keep you occupied for a couple hours every day. The worst part about this gameIf you can see past the bugs, the premium balance issues and the repetitive gameplay, APB Reloaded is quite a nice game. The customization is very good (even for non-paying players) and you can customize a lot of stuff. Even though the gameplay is a bit repetitive and lacking in content, what is there is OK to keep you occupied for a couple hours every day. The worst part about this game is really the occasional lack of balance when you keep dying to people who buy better (premium) guns and armor while you get to grind for a whole week just to get an assault rifle. Aside from that, I would recommend this game. It's far from "great" but it's good enough. Expand
  31. Jun 2, 2013
    Horrendous game. Used to be fun, but now it has degenerated into a cesspool of bigotry, racism, and garbage. Community is absolutely crap; full of hatred and endless accusations of hacking. Even if you are terrible at gaming you will probably get "hackusated" eventually. Combat is weak. Physics system is a joke. The marketplace/cash shop (Armas) is horribly overpriced. SPEND YOUR TIME ANDHorrendous game. Used to be fun, but now it has degenerated into a cesspool of bigotry, racism, and garbage. Community is absolutely crap; full of hatred and endless accusations of hacking. Even if you are terrible at gaming you will probably get "hackusated" eventually. Combat is weak. Physics system is a joke. The marketplace/cash shop (Armas) is horribly overpriced. SPEND YOUR TIME AND MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Expand
  32. May 28, 2013
    My personal favorite F2P mmo. It gives you the competitive shooter play style without the in between match menus. Matches start and flow freely through the world and in between you can explore, play mini games, or otherwise. A refreshing change from, Click Start, Shoot, Die, back to menu. I feel shooters need to do away with menu systems and follow apb's dynamic world style.
    This game
    This game also features the most extensive personal customization I have ever seen in a game. You can alter nearly every and any aspect of your characters appearance. But this is not limited to your individual character; you can also heavily customize vehicles that you can speed through the city with, clothing that you can sell to other players and start your own fashion business with, personal emblems that you can spray-paint allover the city for people to see, and even customize the paint on your guns.
    Another feature that is amazing in this game is the voice communication features. The VOIP in game works in such a way that you can hear conversations people are having close by, leading to alot of hilarious scenes. You can be standing in the street and listen to players driving by argue amongst each-other over the results of their last match.
    That doesn't mean the game is not without flaws. Server lag can get frustrating, micro transactions are overpriced, and you will frequently question the validity of someones skill.…
  33. Apr 25, 2013
    Very fun game once you really spend some time with it. unparalleled customization features, constant updates to the game and an overall fun experience.
  34. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a good game at the start, but after you have got what you want and thing that the starter gun is the best and cheapest, the constant doing the same missions about 100 times each gets a little dull, and you end up just having fun when you crash into things in a car.
  35. Apr 17, 2013
    in my opinion, this game has absolutely zero redeeming values. I came in thinking "wow! free MMO Grand Theft Auto!" what i got was a game that had terrible controls, shoddy hit detection, atrocious mission progression, and a pay to win system that completely unbalances the game. overall, APD reloaded left a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.
  36. Apr 15, 2013
    Harsh learning curve! This is very fun game if you join a clan or play with friends! Playing solo or with pubs is torture! There are hackers but most are very dumb! Think of just playing on expert mode on any shooter game. Great customization. I bought it back when Rtw was in charge so my review is legit
  37. Apr 5, 2013
    Great game it has hacker issues (but all games do now) and sometimes I rage quit because I get on a run with over powered players but I have stuck with it and gotten pretty damn good. I quit for a month or so at a time but this is the game I always come back to. Play it for fun you will like it it grows on you.
  38. Mar 30, 2013
    Not worth to play if you are not going to pay money. (Not F2P its P2W)
    Good
    - Free: You won't get all weapons for free - Customizable characters (You won't get all clothes, cars and items for free) Bad - Matchmaking fails: If you are new the game you will get owned over and over. The matchmakign is a fail system that puts you vs a max rank player (level 235 iirc). You will have to
    Not worth to play if you are not going to pay money. (Not F2P its P2W)
    Good
    - Free: You won't get all weapons for free
    - Customizable characters (You won't get all clothes, cars and items for free)

Bad
    - Matchmaking fails: If you are new the game you will get owned over and over. The matchmakign is a fail system that puts you vs a max rank player (level 235 iirc). You will have to kill him with a starter weapon while he is hunting your with a rocket/grenader launcher. Get used to it. The matchmaking system does not change if you are a higher lvl. You will be put into a team with 3 new players and have to fight 3 max rank players which is called "fair" a Gamersfirst.
    - Cheaters: Aimbot/Wallhack and sometimes exploits on auction house. Cheaters will tell you there are no cheats but there are many people with perfect aim and people who do 90° and 180° snaps. The problem is that Gamersfirst won't accept it that they have many cheaters ingame. They could be corrupted or won't lose they cheaters who pay money for inagem items.
    - Lags:Servers are lagging really hard. They said they will fix this (1-2 years ago..)
    . Nothing happened so far.
    - Premium: Premium status gives your more and better items like cars, clothes, golden weapons, double experience and double cash. If you pay money you will get golden overpowered weapons. Normal players are not able to get them. You either pay $30 for a gun or stick to the weaker ingame weapons. If you don't pay money it will "remind you" with popups after each mission and ingame spam messages to buy one.
    - No support: Don't even try to ask for support. The GMs will tell you to leave this game if you don't like it as it is.
    - Money: They only care about money. You will see many updates for cloths, cars, guns and other items. The only problem is that they are for the paying people and not for the free players. Pay for it or play the same boring game over and over with no changes at all.
    - Bugs: Same bugs ingame for years. Instead of fixing them they focus on money making.
    - Memory leaks: Its there for years. gamersfirst knows it but they don't fix it. They told the players to do't use WindowsXP, 32-bit versions and to upgrade their RAM but they didn't fix it at all. You will have small lags when you face players the first time. Even if you are with a high end system it will fill you ram and you will end up with hardware lags. The problem is every character and car looks different and it has to load it. Once it has the character info it will not remove it of your RAM. It loads and loads. Deppending on your RAM and your playtime it will cause hardwarelags sooner or later.

Conclusion: This game is fun to play but there are many problems which are not fixed for years. Free players get owned by pay to win people who spent hundreds of dollars on their golden weapons. I don't see any change since Gamersfirst only cares for money instead of their players. If you are looking for a play for fun game its ok but you will ragequit it within a few weeks.
  39. Mar 25, 2013
    this game has hackers, aim bots and no type of system that keeps them from doing it. then again it is a gamers first free game which has some of the servers on earth. if you wish to play this game and have fun you are very mistaken
  40. Mar 12, 2013
    First of all let me start by saying that I'm a rank 235 gold which is the highest rank in the game and it took me about 740 hours to achieve. This means that I'm not just a person who played the game for one day and rage uninstalled it (Most of the reviews are this kind of person) Now, This game is very unique in many ways. They're two factions in the game, the Enforcers and the Criminals.First of all let me start by saying that I'm a rank 235 gold which is the highest rank in the game and it took me about 740 hours to achieve. This means that I'm not just a person who played the game for one day and rage uninstalled it (Most of the reviews are this kind of person) Now, This game is very unique in many ways. They're two factions in the game, the Enforcers and the Criminals. To progress through the game, players level up through contacts that they can pledge to and the contacts provide various rewards. Every time a player levels a contact, he or she gains 1 rank level. (235 is the max) Although a player can purchase weapons with real money, the pay to win aspect is slowly beginning to fade away with patches. The all glorious "nano" has now been nerfed and the "op" tommy gun is now nerfed. The game's physic are actually quite hysterical and not very good at all. The game's customization is superior and one could spend hours upon hours in the social district just changing appearances of their character and cars. Now the game features four districts, financial, waterfront, fight clubs and social. Players in the financial district find themselves in more close range scenarios whilst waterfront is long range. Social is just a break from everything. Fight clubs are were most of the time the max ranked characters go to have fun while also giving joker tickets, which are also ways to get joker tickets. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY THE GAME ISN'T PAY TO WIN, you can use joker tickets to get various ARMAS weapons without actually paying for them. Although joker tickets take awhile to get, it also removes the pay to win aspect. The combat system is ok, with each player having the same hitbox no matter the character's height or weight. Some objects can be broken and shot through (This being a glitch, not the broken part) Now overall I give this game a 9 because although it may have a somewhat broken combat system, a player can enjoy it if he or she controls their anger and rage. The game may face you up with really good players but just keep in mind, effective teamwork and coordination can beat any challenging weapon or objective Expand
  41. Mar 9, 2013
    APB is a great and unique concept. Cops and Robbers in large open environments with the ability to make your own unique character and car. There's nothing really else like it at this time. That alone retains a strong player-base.

However... it is poorly executed. Combat in the game is fast but not smooth. The developers seem to have taken the Unreal 3 engine and in an attempt to make

However... it is poorly executed.

Combat in the game is fast but not smooth. The developers seem to have taken the Unreal 3 engine and in an attempt to make it work with a third person camera turned the combat system into a jerky mess with mechanics that are infuriating at times.

Most of the weapons do have a weakness. The cash shop offers versions of these weapons with that weakness removed.

Matchmaking is also poorly done. A new player should expect to be matched up against max rank players with every possible weapon and modification unlocked. Players should expect to frequently find themselves outnumbered 2:3 with the other team having equal or better players.
    Player's can also expect that opposition will exploit the games poorly developed mechanics to their advantage.

APB's community is horrible with little moderation; player's are encouraged by the developers to be disrespectful to each other.

The game's only strong point is the customization. As far as free to play games go, it is one of the most detailed. You can make a truly unique character and vehicle. This system does suffer from poor image projection and images used for decoration are low resolution and pixelated.

So sum it
    Most people, including myself, playing this game are waiting and praying for the concept to be applied to a game that doesn't suck.
  42. Mar 8, 2013
    I've heard good things about this game and I've heard bad things about this game. I'd have to say the bad won. Several months ago, the game piqued my interest when I saw it on Steam. I downloaded it and started it up without any problems...except the waiting took a while between each aspect of the game. I liked the fact that I could customize my Enforcer, but to get any of theI've heard good things about this game and I've heard bad things about this game. I'd have to say the bad won. Several months ago, the game piqued my interest when I saw it on Steam. I downloaded it and started it up without any problems...except the waiting took a while between each aspect of the game. I liked the fact that I could customize my Enforcer, but to get any of the coolest-looking accessories and other stuff, I'd have to go premium...which, sadly, the game wouldn't leave me alone about! Then came the gameplay itself in the chaotic city of San Paro. The game at least works, I'll give it that, but not much else does. The first complaint I have is that the only permanent weapons you have are very basic and very weak; everything else in the game isn't permanently unlockable because you can only *rent* weapons for only ten days at a time. If I was a Criminal, why would I want to rent a weapon when I can just steal it and keep it forever?? And no law enforcement agency in the real world EVER rents its stuff out to cops for only several days at a time. Oh, there's also something else about the guns; damage is the same all around. With locational damage being nonexistent, I've had numerous instances where I riddled a guy in the face with bullets...but he lived because he was wearing *body* armor!! (no headgear, body armor) There's no rhyme or reason to hurting other players with the guns if there's no locational damage to increase or decrease the pain you deal out. Now to the players themselves. The player community is probably just as bad as Heroes of Newerth, if not worse. There are hackers everywhere, the common being aim-botters, trigger-botters, or both (for people who don't know, a trigger bot shoots the gun for you if you simply pass the crosshairs/reticle over an enemy player, usually used in conjunction with an aim bot). The so-called "premium" players have shelled out real money to get the best weapons the game has to offer, which a good number of them aren't even available to free players for that reason only (again, more annoying advertising to get people to buy a premium account). Plus, judging from other reviews here, PunkBuster is a complete bust. There's pretty much no consequence for hacking or cheating while there's a small chance the system will randomly pick a legitimate player to ban for being a supposed hacker. The missions and matchmaking are also poorly conceived. It's really a race to see who can camp at the objective first, which usually goes to the highest-leveled players and hackers. Frequently, I found myself on a team with other similar-skilled players only to be randomly and unfairly matched against players of a much higher level. Frustration followed as we kept getting beaten to the objective every time and the only break we got was when the objective (usually the very first) spawned close to our location, causing the enemy team to race halfway across the city to find us. The mission variation is very bland and repetitive, recycling the same goals over and over again. "Open-world" in this case is very deceptive because there are a very limited number of buildings you can enter, and even then most of them serve as being nothing more than shortcuts in on-foot chases. The developers assumed the name "GamersFirst" but they are anything but. Every patch that comes out does very little to fix the game, especially the biggest flaws that people repeatedly complain about. It seems G1 doesn't really care about the players as they implied with the name of their company. Overall, the most fundamental aspects of an MMO just aren't there: the matchmaking sucks, the missions are bland and repetitive, the plot is completely bare-boned with no development whatsoever, locational damage is nonexistent, and the anti-cheating system rarely works on legitimate players only. APB: Reloaded has some merits to it, but it doesn't make up for the rest of the game, which is a stale, boring, and broken rip off of Saints Row. I very highly advise anyone thinking about picking up this title to simply steer clear of it. Expand
  43. Feb 16, 2013
    This game is the worst f2p game I have ever downloaded. I was expecting at least a 6/10 type of game, but this fell WAY short. It's an easy 0/10. You have to pay to win; the "matchmaking"/ mission system is more annoying than fun. It's a bland experience that is not worth the download. There are plenty of f2p games out there that are more enjoyable than this hot mess of a game. No wonderThis game is the worst f2p game I have ever downloaded. I was expecting at least a 6/10 type of game, but this fell WAY short. It's an easy 0/10. You have to pay to win; the "matchmaking"/ mission system is more annoying than fun. It's a bland experience that is not worth the download. There are plenty of f2p games out there that are more enjoyable than this hot mess of a game. No wonder why they shut servers down back in the day. Expand
  44. Feb 15, 2013
    The game is Addictive, I have 150 hours on it and still playing hard. You earn cash towards new guns, mods, vehicles and the coolest of all a great character customization platform. I like that my character can look like a sexy bad ass while fighting enforcers, racing through streets with my friends, chilling and planning events with my clan and just having a good time on a pretty goodThe game is Addictive, I have 150 hours on it and still playing hard. You earn cash towards new guns, mods, vehicles and the coolest of all a great character customization platform. I like that my character can look like a sexy bad ass while fighting enforcers, racing through streets with my friends, chilling and planning events with my clan and just having a good time on a pretty good game, shooting it up and making explode. Sure there are flaws, but every game has one or two to point out, and at least this game rubs me the right way to make me want to go back to it again and again. I pray that soon all the potential I see in the future will come to reality, and if not I'm still satisfied with how good it feels already. Expand
  45. Feb 9, 2013
    One of the worst games ever! Bad graphics (uses Unreal Engine 3, but the graphics s*cks), really bad physics, car driving is a nonsense. It's using too much memory (usually needs more than 2 GB so do not try it with a 32bit OS), lagging extremely. It's a bad GTA/SR multiplayer clone, nothing more. If you want to play a game like this, try out a GTA or a Saints Row game.
  46. Dcy
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't know why so many people gave bad ratings... The game is one of the best games in my opinion. You can customize everything: hair, clothes, car, music... (especially music: you can create songs with piano, drums, synth, and lots of instruments, like if it was a professional music maker)
    I really had very good times with this game last summer.
    You should all give it a try!
  47. Jan 23, 2013
    God awful, poorly optimized, ugly, pay 2 win. Its bad, stay away, or actually its free so try it out and see for yourself. Once youve been camped by a lvl 100 gold who has the best guns and the fastest cars already, you will know what im talking about
  48. Jan 18, 2013
    With 291 hours of game play i figured its about time i do a review especially after just returning back to the game after long break from APB Ok its a good game it has the makings to be good game and is in a class of its own which these days is rare i like the game and enjoy playing there is so much to do i could go on forever about its good points which really do out wight the bad TheWith 291 hours of game play i figured its about time i do a review especially after just returning back to the game after long break from APB Ok its a good game it has the makings to be good game and is in a class of its own which these days is rare i like the game and enjoy playing there is so much to do i could go on forever about its good points which really do out wight the bad The game still suffers from some serious lag and use great deal of memory which people believe the game itself has the memory leak restricted to team of four is silly team of eight would be better plus as with any multiplayer game hackers are an issue But with all out crimes VS enforcers battle for streets with all weapons and cars you can poke stick at plus high customization level of cars characters and more there is so much you can do 200 hours goes by quick Picking this score took me a while but i think its worth it Expand
  49. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is just unique. The combat is a little bit difficult to get used to at first but, doesn't ruin the experience of the game itself. The graphics are top notch and a lot of customization opportunities. The only problem, a great problem - is a cheaters. A lot of cheaters and some of them playing for a months before get banned even if.
  50. Dec 14, 2012
    Don't bother with this, hackers abound and if a legit player somehow gets banned for Hacking as happened to me, they give you no recourse as to fight the ban, I had 800+hrs into this game, all legit, one day I went to log in and it told me account blocked. I submitted a customer support ticket and got a generic sorry this account has been closed, no further ticket will be responded to andDon't bother with this, hackers abound and if a legit player somehow gets banned for Hacking as happened to me, they give you no recourse as to fight the ban, I had 800+hrs into this game, all legit, one day I went to log in and it told me account blocked. I submitted a customer support ticket and got a generic sorry this account has been closed, no further ticket will be responded to and no action will be taken on your account. No explanation no appeal process, just sorry you wasted your time and money on us, pound sand. Some f the worst customer support I've ever seen. Expand
  51. Dec 9, 2012
    The game itself is good, but the pay-real-money-for-extra-items is a very bad thing. Please, avoid it. If you want to make a free game, make it completely free and open, don't try to get money via extra items. If it didn't have this problem, I'd give it 5.7 (6), because it is pretty well done, although it isn't very well optimized.
  52. Dec 3, 2012
    G$ took over this game, and really just kept bringing new and terrible content right from the beginning. They have no interest in what the community thinks about the content they add, which have also resulted in them adding a huge amount of really badly balanced items that's only obtainable by paying real life money. So the game isn't about skill, and team play, but about whatever teenagerG$ took over this game, and really just kept bringing new and terrible content right from the beginning. They have no interest in what the community thinks about the content they add, which have also resulted in them adding a huge amount of really badly balanced items that's only obtainable by paying real life money. So the game isn't about skill, and team play, but about whatever teenager can hustle the most money out of the moms credit card. They did manage to fix a few bugs that remained from when Real Time Worlds was in control.
    They tried, but what a horrible try it was.
  53. Nov 9, 2012
    Great concept, terrible gameplay. When I was on a tutorial mission it put me up against a higher rank player with better gear... What kind of game will do this to a player? The answer is, a poorly designed game. I give it a 1 out of 10 because the mechanics are just broken. When I go into detail about this I will explain, the basic gun sucks, this is fine and all but in order to upgradeGreat concept, terrible gameplay. When I was on a tutorial mission it put me up against a higher rank player with better gear... What kind of game will do this to a player? The answer is, a poorly designed game. I give it a 1 out of 10 because the mechanics are just broken. When I go into detail about this I will explain, the basic gun sucks, this is fine and all but in order to upgrade the gun you gotta complete missions, you cant complete missions if you cant kill the enemy and your team only does so much. On top of this its a run and gun game, aiming means very little if everyone is constantly moving, most of the time the smgs are the #1 gun because they fire quickly and can be just as accurate and damaging as an assault rifle while on the move. Stay away from this game, I am giving it a 1 out of 10 because the mechanics are just broken, any game is better than this... Expand
  54. Nov 7, 2012
    If you enjoy the GTA type games this will be right up your alley. Unfortunately, what at the core could be a very interesting, even clan based game, has been infested with hackers. Playing since beta, this game has consistently gone down hill. I will chalk this one up to full of potential but ruined by the community.
  55. Nov 6, 2012
    APB was what it was at; then APB reloaded came along and it stopped being fun. Rough around the edges but a unique and unrivaled game. Then they turned it into pay-2-win and no more grief truckin'. Cryin' shame.
  56. Nov 5, 2012
    So I have a few pro's and cons of the game. I played a decent amount and I have to say that 26 hours is actually a bit. So here's my review!
    Pros-
    Really fun to play with your friends and your teammates! Game requires strategy and thinking. You need to work with your teammates to achieve an objective. You can ride vehicles! But only cars. This game is similar to GTA 4! Open world! Cons-
    Pros-
    Cons-
    The game physics are horrible! When you ram into someone with a car they don't get sent flying, instead they just go over your car and end up where they started. Another thing is when you ram a car into another car it takes forever to knock them over! And when you finally manage to do that they just go right back straight up! The community itself is horrible. Down right awful! There are people going around naked/almost naked and the thought of them being guys behind a computer screen is rather disturbing.
    Most of the higher ranked players will demolish and I say DEMOLISH you. Having access to better and modified guns is unfair for the new player. They are able to get the rocket launcher, grenade launcher, they have an over powered Tommy Gun which you need to be premium to get! Lag is a serious issue with this game, it can get really bad. And almost everyone uses the shotgun! Just like the AA-12 in MW3 they spam it faster then sonic can jerk off so it's almost impossible to get to your objective with your team with everyone else is camping and shooting their little shots. Also the unfair match making is really getting on my nerves. When I was just a beginner I was frustrated when I went up against gold rank players. The chat bar itself is full of shazbot! You see all the crying and the community is a little to hard core. Wait did I say a little? I mean a lot. I got kicked just because I made a wrong turn to get to an objective and I said whatever. Conversation went a little like this,
    Me: I'm not a great driver just letting you know
    Leader: You **** suck you scrub (18+ guy btw)
    Me: Umm okay? Look dude it's just a game just chill?
    Leader: Make a **** right!
    *Insert image of a fast speeding race car coming at you while you drive a mini van and you make a left turn*
    Me: Man that was kind of close
    Leader: Are you **** retarted? Me: No I'm just saying that car almost hit us derp.
    Leader: Just go for the objective.
    Me: Alright man, whatever.
    Leader: Did you just say whatever?
    Me: *Getting a little ticked off* Yeah so what? Is there a problem?
    Leader: *Kicks me out of the group*

I just need to say that out of everything this game is kind of like GTA 4 like I mentioned earlier. But unlike the GTA universe this game is a little different. Griefers are everywhere! You drive a car and then they crash into you making your car tip over. The enemy gets out of a car right behind you and throws a grenade. Before you can get back up your dead. I know all games have griefers but really? I liked the idea of a massive multiplayer open world idea but this is a major problem. Sometimes the game feels like it's missing something. With all the npc's that look the same it just doesn't feel right. The game feels bare. And pop up distance, when you drive you can only see about 50 meters or 30 meters away! When you drive or even walk you can't expect what's coming next when a speeding race car just pops out and just rams into you. The guns, I have no problem with but the feel just isn't right to me. I normally use the Sub-Machine gun because I find it it's the most easy to use, but unlike GTA 4 when you zoom in into a sniper rifle scope you don't see cross hairs. Instead you just look over your shoulder which just frustrates me because when I snipe and take cover behind a wall I shoot the wall instead of the player coming towards me. I know I'm comparing this to GTA 4 in most cases but this is just a GTA wanna be. It's a shot to the face and I can see why the score is so low. At first it was fun but then it just gets on your nerves. I just can't stand the game mostly because of the community which is just a shot to the face! I give this game a 3/10 at best. Even if this is a good idea it has to many flaws. The 'open world' is misused because you can't go into most buildings and the graphics aren't that great (I know this maybe good for people who have low graded graphic cards but can't they put an option to create high-def graphics?) This game needs a lot of work, I'd like to never play this game again because this is to stressful. APB Reloaded, I have to say I'm not happy. Not happy at all.
  57. Nov 4, 2012
    I like this idea of a multiplayer open-world atmosphere and I like the freedom. This game is interesting in many ways and you never know what will happen next! The only downside to this game is the FPS issues in medium-end systems. I haven't encountered any bugs and I have two characters - a criminal and an enforcer. Surprisingly, I enjoy playing as the enforcer even though it may beI like this idea of a multiplayer open-world atmosphere and I like the freedom. This game is interesting in many ways and you never know what will happen next! The only downside to this game is the FPS issues in medium-end systems. I haven't encountered any bugs and I have two characters - a criminal and an enforcer. Surprisingly, I enjoy playing as the enforcer even though it may be harder for some players. Good game overall but the FPS issues really need to resolve soon to get servers populated. 8/10 :) Expand
  58. Oct 30, 2012
    Could have been a good game, but sadly isn't. In general the character and vehicle customization are quite nice even though almost everything needs to be unlocked, and a lot of the vehicle customization appears to be pay only. However, the core gameplay is atrocious. High-level gold players with the best weapons and vehicles will be everywhere, giving new players hardly any chance. TheCould have been a good game, but sadly isn't. In general the character and vehicle customization are quite nice even though almost everything needs to be unlocked, and a lot of the vehicle customization appears to be pay only. However, the core gameplay is atrocious. High-level gold players with the best weapons and vehicles will be everywhere, giving new players hardly any chance. The third-person over-the-shoulder-view is awkward and allows sight round some corners but not others. Grenades often bounce in a counter-intuitive way. Even if you do stick it out, the missions soon become very repetitive. Criminals have the option of 'open-world crime': in practice this means spending a significant amount of time ram-raiding shops, mugging pedestrians and delivering stolen vehicles to chop shops then losing everything as some troll of an enforcer randomly strolls past at the end.

The city itself looks bad, feels small, and is dull and lifeless. Steal someone's car and they'll disappear shortly after, even if they were driving an armored bank van. There is little variety to the pedestrians.

The game constantly pressures you to upgrade, but please, don't give the cynical bastards who made this game with the minimum of effort to cash in on the success of the GTA and Saints' Row franchises any of your hard-earned cash.
  59. Oct 16, 2012
    This game was a extremely cool game idea from GamersFirst, but in my opinion, they kinda screwed it up. The things I loved about this game were: 1.) You can play as a civilian contracted police agent, or an extremely violent criminal with no cares of who the kill. (I played as an Enforcer.) 2.) The vehicle chases and the ability to fire your weapon while driving was just terrific! 3.)This game was a extremely cool game idea from GamersFirst, but in my opinion, they kinda screwed it up. The things I loved about this game were: 1.) You can play as a civilian contracted police agent, or an extremely violent criminal with no cares of who the kill. (I played as an Enforcer.) 2.) The vehicle chases and the ability to fire your weapon while driving was just terrific! 3.) Customization of your character and clothing is fun and unique. 4.) The ability to play with friends, and goof around in San Paro freely and have a good time. I mainly started playing this game just because of the vehicle chases and fun combat that I heard about, but I soon recognized how broken this game truly is. For example: 1.) Unless you pay $20.00 a month, you can barely customize your character. 2.) The combat is overrated, it's a third person Call of Duty more than a tactical game play enviroment like I heard about. 3.) When it comes time to perform PvP, the rank matching system is broken to the MAX. When I first started playing the game, me and my low level buddy got put up against four, top-of-the-game ranked players, and got miserably owned. This game lacks a sane level matching system for making the matches fair. 4.) The weapon system is total bullcrap, when you find the weapon you want, you can either: 1. Rent the weapon with in game credits for about two hours, or 2. Use $15.00 in real cash and buy the weapon for about a month. 5.) Servers are usually empty, and very laggy. I sat for three hours waiting for my game to join the server, only to find out that the server I was attempting to join banned me for not being from China. 6.) Game play isn't that bad, but the games anti-cheat system was shockingly bad. Almost every server I join had at least one person who used wall hacks or aimbot, and it lasted for about 15 minutes before he got kicked.

Overall, this game was fun, but it doesn't have that element that makes you want to keep playing it. If you do play it, be an Enforcer, the best police force on the planet!
  60. Oct 7, 2012
    First of All i was playing the game since the closed beta, and iam about to cry if you see what the game once was and now is...There so many children in it, so many hacker/macro user...
    its just sad to see how the game changed after you´ve played it over 1800 hours...and they don´t listen to the community...not even a single time
    Matchmaking is broken, Missions are

Matchmaking is broken, Missions are Unbalanced...and the worst..? Punkbuster i think i don´t need to say something more here.
  61. Sep 6, 2012
    One of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life. Matchmaking is broken. In-game FPS is a roller-coaster depending on the ping. If you're in the correct region, expect a minimum of 80-120 ping with a constant spike towards 300-400. Driving is broken. Guns are broken. Cars are broken. What have G1 done to fix it? Nothing. Over the entire time from the alpha stages with G1, theyOne of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life. Matchmaking is broken. In-game FPS is a roller-coaster depending on the ping. If you're in the correct region, expect a minimum of 80-120 ping with a constant spike towards 300-400. Driving is broken. Guns are broken. Cars are broken. What have G1 done to fix it? Nothing. Over the entire time from the alpha stages with G1, they have not made a single change that was for the better. Cops are now unable to witness actual crimes as which was the true nature of the game, turning this into a mission grindfest with the winners being the ones that camp, glitch and buy the most items from the in-game real cash store. If you lack the ability to steal your mom's credit card, simply hack like 40% of all the other players do because hey, you can't make this game any worse than it already is and that's being generous, ignoring the worst community existing today on the Internet. Missions are unbalanced, not thought through and has the appeal of scrambled eggs mixed with dog feces. Expand
  62. Sep 5, 2012
    This game is good, even better with friends! However the tutorial absolutely sucks. Once you've created your character your chucked into the world with a message. I had no problem with the finding of buttons but some friends did.
    Graphics are good for an online game, the same style as the Saints Row franchise.
    This sandbox game has a massive range of things to do from going on missions
    This sandbox game has a massive range of things to do from going on missions and killing the other faction, or stealing from shop windows to customizing EVERYTHING from every decal on your shirt to every decal on your car.
    There are only a few problems i have with this game for example there are different "Districts" for different things such as you need to log out of the main districts to go to a "Social District" where you can customize your player and their items. Secondly the stealing option could be made more realistic instead of bashing into a window with the car, maybe actually going into the shop itself and stealing would be better.
  63. Aug 31, 2012
    I came here to give this game a 10/10 to compensate for some of the just plain, horribly stupid comments rampaging throughout APBR's MC score.

First off, the game is great. It's fun. But it is not without its flaws. I'd say it's definitely a far-cry from what it was when RTW screwed up. Character customization in this game cannot be rivaled by anything else on the market. From body tweaks, hair styles, tattoos and piercings to completely customized cars and clothing - it's amazing. I love it for that. (and the newly introduced weapon skins are a plus too!)

In this game's aspect I only wish they would hurry up and introduce more clothing locker space already.

As far as gameplay goes, driving isn't as bad as it used to be. With some good practice (like actual driving) it's easy-peasy. There are latency problems here and there (which I would imagine they're working on a fix for) and since it's a bit of a resource hog, it would probably help that people complaining about this sort of lag, disable ALL background programs. You do not need to be downloading porn and facebooking while shooting people in APB.

Now, for my biggest gripe with the people who whine about ABPR.

The meaning of the term - PAY TO WIN.

When game developers make available weapons and modifications (usually powerful) that aren't already available via NORMAL GAME PROGRESSION. Yes, there are equal and greater weapon variants available to you through normal gameplay. That's right. This complaint with some of the game's playerbase holds absolutely no validity. The solution, for those of you using this as your main complaint, from me to you, is that you should simply learn to play. Make progress. Spewing venom on metacritic and other message boards only makes you look moronic.

APB:R - 10 out of freakin' 10, cause it's the most unique FTP MMO available (in its genre).
  64. Aug 27, 2012
    This game is a gem, all the idiots below that gave it a zero rating need to consider the game as a whole, the information they are giving you is wrong and its their own damn fault if they didint have fun. I have played this game long enough to know that it has a really high skillset, and that they are simply noobs that cant have fun without dominating, it is a gta like game after all, blowThis game is a gem, all the idiots below that gave it a zero rating need to consider the game as a whole, the information they are giving you is wrong and its their own damn fault if they didint have fun. I have played this game long enough to know that it has a really high skillset, and that they are simply noobs that cant have fun without dominating, it is a gta like game after all, blow some steam by greifing ramdom players with a big truck. This game is great for any serious gamer that would think Guns, Cars, Customization and super sexy girls with guns is a cool thing. Free 2 play, just dont take the game seriously untill you polish your skills, 10/10, 5 000 hours of gameplay on a f2p, many share the same story. Expand
  65. Aug 27, 2012
    A very nice idea, however with an idea alone you just don't make it sadly enough.
    While fun to play with friends, the game starts developing issues like repetitive gameplay and a lack of good quality content.

There is a reason why they couldn't keep up with the idea of "Pay to Play" and "Free to play" is not going to help this game to get any better. Also, the idea of Premium is getting a bit annoying because you get to see if everywhere.
  66. Aug 22, 2012
    The game concept is great and has room to become even greater. It contains the most amazing customization for characters and vehicles i have come across in any game as well as a music editor. There is practically no limit to what one can do with the symbol designer, their characters and their vehicles. I have always seen it as a cross between counter strike and grand theft auto, matchesThe game concept is great and has room to become even greater. It contains the most amazing customization for characters and vehicles i have come across in any game as well as a music editor. There is practically no limit to what one can do with the symbol designer, their characters and their vehicles. I have always seen it as a cross between counter strike and grand theft auto, matches mainly consisting of 4 criminals vs 4 enforcers can also become wars of 15 vs15. It does however come with important flaws, the community as has become customary with f2p games is immature and full of trolls, hackusations are rampant (accusations of people hacking, making everyone believe that everyone that kills them is hacking), players feel rage towards players who pay for weapons (most of which can be obtained without spending money) as they need to blame something for their losses. The biggest issue is the matchmaking which uses something called threat., however does not take into consideration rank nor gear which can result in some very unbalanced matches, this is even more noticeable if you attempt to play alone and end up with 3 random people with whom you do not communicate. It is important to find a clan in order to be able to group up with other players, as team work is very important. In addition to the matchmaking unlucky spawn positions can sometimes ruin a match.

Driving can initially seem unresponsive as the vehicles are all managed server side, however if you give it a chance you can get used to it easily. The starter vehicle is slow however sturdy and very maneuverable which helps new players get used to the driving.

I would urge anyone and everyone to try out this game, however keep in mind that it is more suited for groups of 4 people playing together playing alone will detract from the experience. As any game it will take time to get used to the gameplay and even longer to get to know the large maps.

TLDR : One can notice most reviews are indeed biased, people either love it or hate it, the game has great teamplay and the best customization for characters i have seen in any mmo, like any other game it has its downsides. If you are looking for a unique mmo one that attempts a cross between GTA and CS to play with your friends i urge you to try this one out. If you are looking for another wow clone or a single player game this one is not for you.
  67. Aug 14, 2012
    Having recently started playing, I have no idea about the past issues of this program, but I can see it has very far to go to be considered a game, its completely unbalanced, connection issues, and the biggest problem it has is the rampant number of players using the Punkbuster aimbot hack in game. That alone removes every bit of the fun this game could acheive. I for one cannot fathomHaving recently started playing, I have no idea about the past issues of this program, but I can see it has very far to go to be considered a game, its completely unbalanced, connection issues, and the biggest problem it has is the rampant number of players using the Punkbuster aimbot hack in game. That alone removes every bit of the fun this game could acheive. I for one cannot fathom what enjoyment someone could get out of having to cheat to win at anything, guess it speaks of upbringing but thats their problems not mine. That said I dont feel the company is doing enough to address such issues being as its free 2 play - Pay 2 win which is an automatic fail in my book, sad too because this "game" had so much potential to be great but when the cheaters are paying the bills nothing ever gets done about it. graphics and all that are really good but a moot point when gameplay is critically broken. All in all at this point its realy nothing more than a hanout for cheats and hackers but its not alone in the online game community where lack of skills can be fixed with a hack. Give it a try but dont expect anything phenominal and dont plan to get serious about the game it lacks in the player quality area mosty but the best thing about it is you can try for free and in my opinion free is all I would ever put into this my two cents is really more than its worth. Free 2 play / Cheat 2 win Failure....... Expand
  68. Aug 6, 2012
    At first this game seemed good. You could customize your character and cars and what not. GamersFirst (more like MoneyFirst lol) who run it has horrible support and you can only change account details if you buy something from them to "prove you own the account". This is quite annoying since I changed my email and I don't want to spend money on something that is free to begin with. Now toAt first this game seemed good. You could customize your character and cars and what not. GamersFirst (more like MoneyFirst lol) who run it has horrible support and you can only change account details if you buy something from them to "prove you own the account". This is quite annoying since I changed my email and I don't want to spend money on something that is free to begin with. Now to the game experiences it is all pay to win 100% if you buy premium you get a lot more money than free players and you can customize your guns to be overpowered, sure as a free player you could make your gun overpowered but it gets extremely expensive and unless you have time to play all the time you will just be wasting money. To add another pointless feature in game there is an auction area where you can sell stuff BUT there is a catch, THERE IS A SALES TAX FOR STUFF YOU SELL a 20% sales tax yup you read right TWENTY PERCENT SALES TAX!!! It is complete bs and guess where that money goes once it is taken from you it gets DELETED.They could maybe hold a lottery every week or so with that type of money getting deleted. Game-play is redundant it is simple kill these people, guard this place, no real campaign to it and it gets boring fast. Expand
  69. Jul 29, 2012
    An absolutely disgusting game. Where to start... The game is 100% pay to win, in the fact that you can buy guns that are ONLY bought with money, can NOT get by playing the game. They are also MUCH more powerful than the ones you can get by playing. Most guns are also absolutely rediculous to the point of it boggling your brain how they have not been removed. Enforcers are able to getAn absolutely disgusting game. Where to start... The game is 100% pay to win, in the fact that you can buy guns that are ONLY bought with money, can NOT get by playing the game. They are also MUCH more powerful than the ones you can get by playing. Most guns are also absolutely rediculous to the point of it boggling your brain how they have not been removed. Enforcers are able to get Tazers and stun guns, which when you get shot about 5 times, you're tazed. It gets worse. When tazed, you are STUCK, NOTHING you can do. It lasts about 10 seconds. Then they can arrest you, and again NOTHING you can do, you're STUCK, and it lasts for about 10 seconds. THEN you have to load in again and respawn. There is no counter to this at all, either, and only enforcers get it. It's better to just die, because you respawn after a few seconds. Moving on, the games performance and graphics are pitiful. They still have all the major problems from the original launch. Pop ins cause the game to freeze up for 2-3 seconds at a time. During a mission, this can get you killed quite easily. Server lag is another huge problem, it WILL lag and it WILL lag HARD, and it WILL get you killed. Randomly, the server will pause for about 10-30 seconds, freezing the game. The graphics are also something you'd expect out of a 2007 game. To give you an idea, Anti-Aliasing is in "beta" I'm not kidding. The missions are all very bland and very unbalanced, go here do this take this here do this. The enforcers sometimes get a VIP mission, where if their VIP dies X amount of times ( usually about 8 ) then the criminals win, but if X number of criminals die ( about 15-20) then the enforcers win. This is incredibly stupid because the enforcers can just hide their VIP in the top of a building and have their whole team defend them, with no penalty of death. All of the missions involve camping as well, so if you were expecting lots of team fighting going on in the streets, well, sorry about your luck. There are also a LOT of hackers in this game, and they run rampant. The hits are also server based, so you'll be tearing your hair out asking how you didn't kill that guy you just shot 5 feet from you. The worst part about this game though is the way they handle the real money system. Randomly, messages will pop up telling you to premium, saying you will get some kind of bonus. The bonus is HUGE. LOTS of extra money and standing with the NPC's. This will allow you to breeze through the unlocks, whereas the free player will have a long grind. All in all, the game is as mediocre as ever and nothing has been improved from the original release. The biggest slap to the face is that the people who bought that game are going under the name "Gamersfirst" which is most definitely untrue. Expand
  70. Jul 28, 2012
    APB Reloaded is just a disaster after G1. There is a truckload of bugs, unbalanced matchmaking system and unfair missions for Enforecers. For example fi you are a crminial you just need to destroy the camera and you can do it by shooting it from 150m!! And if you are an Enforcer you need to Raid and it takes like forever. My advice is don't waste your internet by downloading this boringAPB Reloaded is just a disaster after G1. There is a truckload of bugs, unbalanced matchmaking system and unfair missions for Enforecers. For example fi you are a crminial you just need to destroy the camera and you can do it by shooting it from 150m!! And if you are an Enforcer you need to Raid and it takes like forever. My advice is don't waste your internet by downloading this boring and stupid game Expand
  71. Jul 26, 2012
    This game is the worst **** game i've seen. So i find this right here unfair, my account got banned for no apparent reason or as they call it "Hacking" with no proof. What is it that these GM do in their office? Sitting on their computer all day watching P*rn? I don't know what the f*ck is what you guys do in the office but for once. Take your f*cking head out your f*cking a$$ because,This game is the worst **** game i've seen. So i find this right here unfair, my account got banned for no apparent reason or as they call it "Hacking" with no proof. What is it that these GM do in their office? Sitting on their computer all day watching P*rn? I don't know what the f*ck is what you guys do in the office but for once. Take your f*cking head out your f*cking a$$ because, you got better things to worry about. I get a email saying i was hacking and that their GREAT ANTI-HACK GUARD! "PunkBuster" detected me HACKING! Congratulations!! You got a faulty ban on a Legitimately player that has been playing APB and APB:R since beta. Instead of using "PunkBuster" as an excuse to ban a legit player why don't you give me a good reason? No they won't because they are lazy **** sucking each other Expand
  72. Jul 17, 2012
    APB Reloaded is a peculiar game. It's fun and completely awful all at the same time. The most controversial aspect of this game is it's usage of the Free-to-play model, a significant change from it's original incarnation as a subscription based game. However, this model always begs the question: Do you actually have to pay money to play this game against other paying players? In this case,APB Reloaded is a peculiar game. It's fun and completely awful all at the same time. The most controversial aspect of this game is it's usage of the Free-to-play model, a significant change from it's original incarnation as a subscription based game. However, this model always begs the question: Do you actually have to pay money to play this game against other paying players? In this case, the answer is unfortunately a resounding "Yes!!!" Using in-game money received from beating missions (which I have significant issues, as you'll read momentarily) only unlocks weapons for 10 days. Additionally, not all weapon types are available for purchase using the in-game money. Some of the most powerful weapons in the game (the OCA "Whisper," for example) are only available for purchase using G1 credits -- otherwise known as real money. This type of F2P model is horribly unattractive to me. If you offer a game for free, don't restrict the fun to the people that play. Why would I want to spend the time and hard drive space to download your game if it's going to play like I'm outside of your friend's list? No thanks. Now, moving on to the structure of missions: Each time you enter a mission, you are rolling the dice to play against random people of the opposing faction. This often consists of rushing to objectives, protecting, attacking, spraying the wall, defusing bombs, investigating, or any other possible extrapolation of "go there, do a thing, and then repeat somewhere else." It gets old fast. The match making system is terrible as well. Each player has a rank (Green, Bronze, Silver, or Gold) based on how many missions they win. I was Silver, and only once was I matched against other Silver players. I was consistently put against players with far, far superior equipment, more experience, and more skill, despite the fact that there were many, many people at my skill level in the "Silver" server. That being said, it was still fun because it's basically Grand Theft Auto. A Grand Theft Auto clone MMO. How did they screw that up? It's very clearly designed to make money -- not that every game isn't, but good games hide that behind skillful game design and artistry. None of that is present in APB Reloaded. Visually, the game is terrible. Performance-wise, the game is downright awful. Probably the worst I've experienced in any PC game in the history of games. I play on an i5 with 4 GB of RAM and a ATI 6970 2GB GPU. I blow the recommended specs out of the water on literally every game I play, with exception to my 4 GB of RAM. I play BF3 on max-ed settings. I've played Metro 2033 on max-ed settings. I've played Crysis on maximum settings. The one game I can't get consistently 60+ fps in? APB Reloaded. Why? Because the geniuses decided to build an MMO on the Unreal engine. They obviously didn't know the first thing about using the UDK because the game has ridiculous pop-in, DXT TEXTURE COMPRESSION IS OFF BY DEFAULT (Seriously!? No compressed textures by DEFAULT!?) and the game hogs my CPU more than anything I've ever touched outside of compiling video and maps. The game randomly freezes for 2-3 seconds, dropping my FPS to ZERO during that time. I've contacted support, read the steam forums, tried a gazillion different things, but nothing has fixed my issue and G1 never even replied to me. (A friend contacted them about changing the e-mail associated with his Realtime Worlds era account, and THREE MONTHS LATER, they replied to say, "We can't do that.") So essentially, I'm stating that Gamer's First is really 'Gamer's Money First, Support a Dead Last.' Load times are another horror. Hope you have SSDs, because this game takes a whopping 2:30 to load on my platter. This game is awful. High potential concept, but dreadfully bad execution. I don't recommend this game to anyone outside of the wealthy and sadistic. Expand
  73. Jul 13, 2012
    Such a crappy game i cant describe it, so bad. Took so long to even make my character the menu was so buggy... Mostly just a terrible rip off of GTA. Don't even bother with this game, yeah its that bad.
  74. Jun 30, 2012
    Apart from the apparent pay to win mechanic, they tried to implement a skill based matchmaking system, which FAILs on EVERY level. there are 4 skill levels APB has. Green (super bad at the game or useless) bronze (new or bad at the game) silver (about a 50% win rate) and gold (win's ore than 65% of the time) and the matchmaking is, and i say with VARY loosely made by "balancing" out thisApart from the apparent pay to win mechanic, they tried to implement a skill based matchmaking system, which FAILs on EVERY level. there are 4 skill levels APB has. Green (super bad at the game or useless) bronze (new or bad at the game) silver (about a 50% win rate) and gold (win's ore than 65% of the time) and the matchmaking is, and i say with VARY loosely made by "balancing" out this skill to make "good matching" this method may be ok, but the problem is rank 15 "silver" players, whom only have access to one gun type and no mods (medium ranged assault rifle.) can (and DO) get matched with rank 215+ golds with rocket launchers, grenade launchers, sniper rifles, and level up to 4 level 3 mods. for short there is nothing moderating what rank will match VS another. that being said there are green, bronze, silver, and gold servers, and there are (laughable) penalties for people not that color to join that server. but the penalties are SO low that high ranking golds troll EVERY server Heavily, and that makes for painful gameplay. so if i had considerations, i would say G1 need to open more servers for silver and golds. and make it where people who do go in to the wrong skill server tho get WAY MORE heavily penalized. and make matchmaking based on rank as well as skill. P.S. one more complaint you know a shooter is bad when running around like a dumb person is considered skill. and using cover is all but useless. that all being said, the character/car customization is amazing and when you do get a fair even match the game is extremely fun. me and my buds call it "aggravating fun" and the problems seem so obvious it is remarkable there has not been a fix.

p.s.s. there are hacks ALL OVER the net for this game. and yes 25% of players are hackers... and there is no way to turn people in for it.
  75. Jun 27, 2012
    It makes me want to vomit. What else can I say? Nonexistant physics, illogical mechanics and constant pressure to go premium. Yesterday I was rammed into a shop by an enforcer who then proceeded to witness me and throw grenades until my car exploded. The day before that I was on a mission in which the enemy team had no deaths due to superior equipment and spawning close to the objective.It makes me want to vomit. What else can I say? Nonexistant physics, illogical mechanics and constant pressure to go premium. Yesterday I was rammed into a shop by an enforcer who then proceeded to witness me and throw grenades until my car exploded. The day before that I was on a mission in which the enemy team had no deaths due to superior equipment and spawning close to the objective. The day before that I glitched into a wall while exiting my van full of stolen goods, then had to watch as those goods were taken and sold by other players. Get the game if you'd like, but understand the following: Bullets will go through walls. Players with better guns will kill you time and time again. Your brain cells will slowly die off as you drag them through this farce of a game, laden with idiotic "how-did-he-not-die?" moments, an inadequate physics engine and plain-out foolishness. I've only played it for a week and my IQ's dropped a good 10 points. Good thing I uninstalled it today. Expand
  76. Jun 21, 2012
    Its a pay-to-win game with dozens of aim-bots, hackers, idiots, and just flat out rude people. Although the game is partially fun when you get into a good group and then you find some legitimate enemies to fight, although the odds of that are 1-1000. So its not really worth getting team killed, having your car ran over by a garbage truck leading to it exploding, getting killed by peopleIts a pay-to-win game with dozens of aim-bots, hackers, idiots, and just flat out rude people. Although the game is partially fun when you get into a good group and then you find some legitimate enemies to fight, although the odds of that are 1-1000. So its not really worth getting team killed, having your car ran over by a garbage truck leading to it exploding, getting killed by people with high notoriety, or facing an entire enemy team using SMAWs and Grenade Launchers. All out horrible rage building game. Expand
  77. Jun 16, 2012
    This is quite a weird game to review, atleast for me, cause i don't really play the game as it is supposed to be played. The real meaning of this game was probably to complete missions to earn money and get good standing with your contacts, but i play it more for fun with my freinds. You know like racing, having car figts with eachother and robbing shops every once in a while. MyThis is quite a weird game to review, atleast for me, cause i don't really play the game as it is supposed to be played. The real meaning of this game was probably to complete missions to earn money and get good standing with your contacts, but i play it more for fun with my freinds. You know like racing, having car figts with eachother and robbing shops every once in a while. My experience with this game is that it's quite boring when you just complete missions and stuff like that, but lots of fun if you're just playing it for fun with your freinds. Expand
  78. May 24, 2012
    Ignore the "Critic" reviews. This game is great and it's free to play. You can put money into it if you want and I'm sure you will if you enjoy it, they need to make money to keep it in development obviously. Ok it has a few annoyances but which game does not? Great urban warfare with car chases thrown in, as for the mass hacking claims, I've seen a few people here and there but nowhereIgnore the "Critic" reviews. This game is great and it's free to play. You can put money into it if you want and I'm sure you will if you enjoy it, they need to make money to keep it in development obviously. Ok it has a few annoyances but which game does not? Great urban warfare with car chases thrown in, as for the mass hacking claims, I've seen a few people here and there but nowhere near as bad as people claim. Most of the time it's generally a better player out classing you.

The game does take a while to get used to due to the obscure button choices and the tutorial could be a bit better for getting beginners onto the road but all in all I'm loving this game. If you like the scene in the movie HEAT where they fight their way out of the bank and 12 v 12 pvp then this game is for you.
  79. May 23, 2012
    This game is just embarrassing. I'd feel bad if I worked on it. I have a reasonably okay computer - I play Fallout 3 on Ultra, Source engine maxed on a good day - and I can barely play this on minimum graphics. There's 101 latency issues every second, and controls feel so lethargic. You have to spend several hours deciphering what the game wants you to do or how to progress, and I haveThis game is just embarrassing. I'd feel bad if I worked on it. I have a reasonably okay computer - I play Fallout 3 on Ultra, Source engine maxed on a good day - and I can barely play this on minimum graphics. There's 101 latency issues every second, and controls feel so lethargic. You have to spend several hours deciphering what the game wants you to do or how to progress, and I have nearly 20 hours and still don't know exactly what I'm doing. The only good way to progress it seems is to buy premium - if you try and do it with a free account you'll be there all day. Objectives only work well if you get a sniper and just camp over looking it. But then again, there's barely any locational damage so you can hit someone in the face with a high velocity rifle or the foot and they'll still spout blood everywhere and take the same damage. I could have firefights at close range against people with shotguns and still win - that shouldn't be possible. Guns are complete crap, and you lose them after a few days anyway. Driving is pathetic, everything is sluggish, unoptimized, network issues, it takes forever to load a district (I have at least 40mb broadband), the menus are slow, and if you don't get it through Steam it takes a lunar cycle to download the game anyway. If you get into a good game, you'll be matched against hard opponents who will just dominate you because they have more money than sense or because the match making system thinks newbies can handle players with 100+ hours. I played this now, a few months ago, and a few months before that and it's just as awful as ever. Expand
  80. May 9, 2012
    Ive been playing this game for a while and i used to like it but there are a couple of problems with it. First the fight beetween Enforcers and Criminals sometimes isnt fair because of varity of good weapons and those pos weapons you get in the begining. Second the lag is just unbarable and i have a strong conection. Third the hacking is becoming more and more a part of the gameplay, whichIve been playing this game for a while and i used to like it but there are a couple of problems with it. First the fight beetween Enforcers and Criminals sometimes isnt fair because of varity of good weapons and those pos weapons you get in the begining. Second the lag is just unbarable and i have a strong conection. Third the hacking is becoming more and more a part of the gameplay, which its the reason i stopped playing. I just coudnt take the aimbots and the wall hacks anymore. People just cant play fair anymore. Fourth the premium stuff like cars, weapons, clothes, etc is just too much, example: a premium weapon perment costs around 3500 G1 which is 30-35â Expand
  81. Apr 6, 2012
    APB Reloaded has some redeeming qualities, such as the so far unrivaled amount of customization possible for characters and vehicles, but shoots itself in the foot with its asinine pay-to-win style of gameplay. You start with an assault rifle that can barely hit anything beyond 20 meters, and a revolver that can't seem to hit anything, let alone kill something. There were times that I wasAPB Reloaded has some redeeming qualities, such as the so far unrivaled amount of customization possible for characters and vehicles, but shoots itself in the foot with its asinine pay-to-win style of gameplay. You start with an assault rifle that can barely hit anything beyond 20 meters, and a revolver that can't seem to hit anything, let alone kill something. There were times that I was playing in deathmatch and lost only because gun was incredibly underpowered compared to the other guys gun. If the other player had played for a while and unlocked the gun as a result of becoming better at the game, then I would be okay with that. But this is where the game falls flat on its face: If you want the best guns, the creme de la creme, you have to spend money on it. There are some guns that you can "rent" for free by gaining the trust of contacts, but the most powerful stuff is reserved for the people with the deepest wallets. After looking at the online store, the average price for a weapon seems to be approximately $6 USD, or 500 G1 Points, to have a weapon for 30 days. If you want to keep the weapon forever, it costs 3500 G1 Points, or about $42 USD. That's right, to use a weapon whenever you want, you have to pay the same amount you would for Portal 2 and Counter Strike: Source (Two GOOD games, by the way).

Overall, this game has potential, but I would rather see it as a standard game, where you pay for the game, and unlock better weapons as you become better at the game, rather than just buying your way to victory.
  82. Apr 6, 2012
    Beginning are hard. But after you'll get your first modded guns or OCA. It gets way better. Customization in this game is really awesome, but on the other hand you must have premium (10 USD) and it is only for 30 days. Playing with friends is really big fun. After a while when you'll get skill in this game, you'll find out that premium players (most of them) with premium guns are reallyBeginning are hard. But after you'll get your first modded guns or OCA. It gets way better. Customization in this game is really awesome, but on the other hand you must have premium (10 USD) and it is only for 30 days. Playing with friends is really big fun. After a while when you'll get skill in this game, you'll find out that premium players (most of them) with premium guns are really lame and easy to kill. The graphic side of the game is really cool, but a lot of players have lags, because the engine isn't the best. When you reach what you want like car or max level, you will not want to make another character and start from beginning. Expand
  83. Apr 3, 2012
    At first i really enjoyed this game, saw a good amount of potential, but once you get into it the game begins to show its flaws. the biggest possibly most annoying is the lack of any type of match scaling for new players. they toss you in with vets who have some how gotten past the worthless user interface (most likely having remapped each control) needless to say you will be shot to deathAt first i really enjoyed this game, saw a good amount of potential, but once you get into it the game begins to show its flaws. the biggest possibly most annoying is the lack of any type of match scaling for new players. they toss you in with vets who have some how gotten past the worthless user interface (most likely having remapped each control) needless to say you will be shot to death quit abit before you even begin to learn how to fight back. and its not until you reach some what higher levels that you will get the chance to lease weapons so if you suck with a pistol and suck with a sub-machine gun tough luck. once you get to the point of more weapons however things start to look up. Stick with it and it can be a fun game. For new players... well good luck. Expand
  84. Mar 25, 2012
    Good Game like Auto theft gaud.. but a that game filled with aimbot/hacking wall/no life gold, lol no way to beat it.. no reason to play the game.. thank you
  85. Mar 23, 2012
    This game is one of the better out there. I really haven't seen what this game provides in many other games. This is indeed what you'd call a multiplayer version of GTA, but at the same time I prefer this. The freedom in this game is a lot bigger than in GTA. Now, I haven't played GTA all that much, I've tried it, played the first missions of GTA IV but that's all. One, if not the onlyThis game is one of the better out there. I really haven't seen what this game provides in many other games. This is indeed what you'd call a multiplayer version of GTA, but at the same time I prefer this. The freedom in this game is a lot bigger than in GTA. Now, I haven't played GTA all that much, I've tried it, played the first missions of GTA IV but that's all. One, if not the only downside is that the missions might get a little repetitive after a while. However the game provides so much else to do that it's just a minor problem. And if you decide to play it, try the street racing. It's awesome. Expand
  86. Feb 25, 2012
    Its a fun little free distraction, played it over summer break. Near infinite character customization is awesome but the game play can get repetitive. This game does have a Pay to win strategy and the matchmaking can at time be completely brain dead
  87. Feb 22, 2012
    This game shows promise but comes up short in many areas. No level playing fields, you against other players 5 levels higher than you, you can't pick your teams, have to do missions to unlock even the most basic weapons and/or clothes, other players come out of nowhere and run you over with their car. I join the game and have no idea what to do, spent almost half an hour trying to find myThis game shows promise but comes up short in many areas. No level playing fields, you against other players 5 levels higher than you, you can't pick your teams, have to do missions to unlock even the most basic weapons and/or clothes, other players come out of nowhere and run you over with their car. I join the game and have no idea what to do, spent almost half an hour trying to find my friend. There's not even a tutorial on how to play the game, I felt like a fish out of water. Played 5 hours and still have no idea what to do. Not even the amazing character customization can save this game, which was the only part I liked. I sure hope this game is still in beta mode for it needs a ton of polishing.

Pros: amazing character customization
    Cons: everything else
  88. Feb 19, 2012
    If you look past the poorly done match making and absurd prices in the cash shop the game is loads of fun and even better with friends! Firstly the bullet lag as any shooter game you would want to be on less than 100 ping at any given moment, full stop. With APB however, this is sadly not true for those outside of the US West/East and EU locations (Another server I forget where it'sIf you look past the poorly done match making and absurd prices in the cash shop the game is loads of fun and even better with friends! Firstly the bullet lag as any shooter game you would want to be on less than 100 ping at any given moment, full stop. With APB however, this is sadly not true for those outside of the US West/East and EU locations (Another server I forget where it's located) so for many Australians like myself a constant 200 ping can be a real turnoff at times, no amount of skill can make up for it at times when your opponents bullet register before you. Even worse is the people that hipfire and strafe around, commonly using an OCA (Sub machine gun) because theres clearly a 0.5-1 second delay, if you clip the edge of them and you clearly see it on your machine, the server sees it differently because of this delay, I haven't experienced anything out of the outdinary (Lag wise) just the typical lag I get in all shooters that don't have Oceanic servers available so it's not exactly something I can downvote them for.

Moving on to the weapons, at first you may think it's 'Pay to win' But thats only because of the fact you're a low rank. Let me try and explain this as best as I can, the items in the cash shop are unique but by no means are they overpowered, you can eventually get the same sort of weapons, if not better, by unlocking the weapons (Through the contacts first) and then killing people with those weapons.
    For example, you unlock basic weapons and slightly modified weapons through contact standing (You do missions to earn standing with the contacts, theres typically tiers 1-10 and once you reach tier 10 you will be referred to a new contact for new rewards, weapons, clothing, vehicles, mods, ect.) Once you unlock the basic weapons or otherwise already modified you kill opponents to rank up that class of weaponry (Sub machine guns unlock a mod that increases firerate but increase bullet spread and decreases accuracy) and in return unlocks weapons with slots to put those mods in (Up to 3 level 3 mods). So once you reach a higher rank you can easily compete with any premium and paying player, using skill you can easily kill any player reguardless.

The vehicles, you can unlock them through contacts (Mentioned above) and the ones you buy from the contacts (Or NPC shop) you can change the colour, put decals on and tailor it to suit you, the F2P player is only allowed to put on 7 decals however and premium is allowed a maximum 50. This does some what limit your creativity or increase it depending on what you do, with a creative brain you can do some pretty amazing designs although I will stress that the vehicle customisation on F2P users is very limited as i'll explain further.
    No longer can you unlock kits (Body kits, spoilers, exausts, rims, ect.) without paying, to unlock any of the physical details you need to fork out around $20 US for just 1 kit on a car (Absurd pricing, I know) but you can however just like weapons put mods into it that provide a benefit (Things such as, reduce bullet damage by 10% whilst also reducing max speed by 5%) and you will unlock more of them. On the otherside you can however, purchase already customised vehicles from the Auction house with kits and everything, all for ingame money, the only downside? You can't change it at all, only put mods in if it has slots available.

The clothing has an amazing variety of choices, you can truly customise yourself to be unique or even mimic your favourite character as I did (Shaggy character with a mystery machine van to go along with it) the choices for any user, F2P or Premium is staggering, not just clothing but changing the structure of your face, your body type and hair (Things like, making your fringe longer and the back of your hair less spikey) this is definately a strong point in APB:R.

To cap it all off
    Pro's - Amazing customisation - Fun arcade shooter
    - Good on the F2P, average if you care about vehicle customisation as much as I do
    - Great fun with friends

Con's - Cash shop is hilarious expensive, $60+ US for a permanent weapon thats no better than something you can buy later down in the game except for the model of the weapon, $10 or something for a 10 day hire
    - Match making is still very poor and unfair at the best of times which is why it's best to roll with friend(s)

The reviews seem too harsh on the game, more so about it's connection but you've got to remember, it's still a shooter in essence, you're going to get screwed over because of latency at times no matter. I would like to write more about the game (Ram raiding, the atmosphere of the game, the missions) but theres not enough space, I'll leave it at this. A fun arcade shooter in an open world enviroment that offers countless hours of fun with decent graphics.
  89. Feb 6, 2012
    This is without a doubt the WORST game I've played back in good 'ol 11, it tried to be like GTA but fails in that regard, there are basically no quests just constant PVP "encounters" Drive there kill someone click on something, get shot in the back rinse and repeat for all eternity. Your time is better spent on other MMOs. Oh and mild complaint, NONE OF THE GUNS DO ANYTHING, I felt like IThis is without a doubt the WORST game I've played back in good 'ol 11, it tried to be like GTA but fails in that regard, there are basically no quests just constant PVP "encounters" Drive there kill someone click on something, get shot in the back rinse and repeat for all eternity. Your time is better spent on other MMOs. Oh and mild complaint, NONE OF THE GUNS DO ANYTHING, I felt like I was shooting blanks at people.Go back to the Drawing board Realtime and take the GOOD aspects from the Gta games and it's college roommate Saints row. Expand
  90. Jan 17, 2012
    A very good game! but the biggest problem for me and others is that i freeze every 5 sec i play it and it returns 2 sec after its very hard to play the game Gamersfirst really need to improve and fix the problems if they want this game to continue being online.
  91. Jan 13, 2012
    APB is one of those games that when it works, it works amazingly well. Sure there are some flaws that the developers continue working on, but few games have the stunning APB moments when you with guns blazing you go around a corner just to be faced with a whole customized team hanging out the side of their van shooting you up right at the last few seconds of a mission. Maybe one of APB'sAPB is one of those games that when it works, it works amazingly well. Sure there are some flaws that the developers continue working on, but few games have the stunning APB moments when you with guns blazing you go around a corner just to be faced with a whole customized team hanging out the side of their van shooting you up right at the last few seconds of a mission. Maybe one of APB's flaws is that it actually is similar to 'real war' in that there are periods of downtime and transport, and then moments of sheer terror and 199% adrenaline. The addition of Fight Club was nice for a change of pace, and now I hope we can see the other new districts that the devs have been talking about on the message boards like the stand-alone racing game that's going to be like DeathRace 3000. Keep up the good work developers! Expand
  92. Jan 2, 2012
    While it is definitely not anywhere near the greatest game out there, Reloaded has fixed many of the infuriating issues from original version and created a fun, fast paced, and adrenaline pumping game. Things don't always go so great during the action, but faulty physics and unpredictable accidents can be entertaining enough to make up for it. It's a free to play game that's definitelyWhile it is definitely not anywhere near the greatest game out there, Reloaded has fixed many of the infuriating issues from original version and created a fun, fast paced, and adrenaline pumping game. Things don't always go so great during the action, but faulty physics and unpredictable accidents can be entertaining enough to make up for it. It's a free to play game that's definitely worth a shot... so long as you don't mind performance issues, pay-to-win mechanics, poor match making, unbalanced weapons, punk buster issues, poor support, immature community, and powerful server lag. Collapse
  93. Dec 31, 2011
    I downloaded this game, it looked interesting, but as soon as I starting playing, and I heard my headphones give off a blank noise, and my computer's fan overheated, I knew that this was a bad game.
    The lag is terrible, I can play a lot of other games and they're fan on medium/low graphics, but APB , makes my computer crash, I never had to shut off my computer for any game (Unless it was a CD, and it needed to be shutdown so that it could load) I mean seriously, the graphics aren't even that great. And the tutorial took some time for me, If they actually cut out the lag, and make everything easier to understand, i'd totally give this game a 9/10.
  94. Dec 26, 2011
    Incredible levels of customisation, good visuals, excellent presentation, the cops and robbers theme and a slew of great ideas give APB the potential to be a fantastic game but can't help but feel marred by poor combat, odd vehicle handling and a frustrating matchmaking system during objectives.
  95. Dec 25, 2011
    I like to describe this game as "Multiplayer Grand Theft Auto". You're in a large scale city environment with traffic, NPCs, and other characters, and its third person shooter style. The storyline behind the game makes it somewhat believable: the city has deteriorated and crime is rampant, in a last ditch effort to save the city the mayor deputizes anyone who wants to help enforce laws,I like to describe this game as "Multiplayer Grand Theft Auto". You're in a large scale city environment with traffic, NPCs, and other characters, and its third person shooter style. The storyline behind the game makes it somewhat believable: the city has deteriorated and crime is rampant, in a last ditch effort to save the city the mayor deputizes anyone who wants to help enforce laws, thus the creation the two major factions enforcers and criminals. Characters are grouped (typically groups of 2-4 or up to 8 if you call in backup) to help each other with missions that are assigned by a dispatcher depending on their faction. You can create your own groups with friends or be auto grouped. There will usually be around 80-100 people running around on any particular server, and dozens of servers, so you get to find a wide range of different people and skills. The missions fit well with the back story (eg, enforcers have to raid doors and crims have to stop raids, etc; criminals have to spray graffiti and enforcers have to stop graffiti, etc) but do lack some depth and can be repetitive.

However, the missions are just a pretext to battle against another group. When on a mission you may be matchmaked against a group of the opposing faction that is generally equal skill. The matchmaking is generally pretty good with matching players of like skill level. The best part about this game, in my opinion, is the squad based tactics and both weapon and tactics variety. The different weapons complement one another and generally create a balanced and exciting firefight. For example, a character equipped with a SMG will be very deadly at close range, but useless at far range. So he either needs to use cover of buildings/cars to race into the enemies face, or have a teammate cover him with a long-range rifle for his approach. Since it is an fairly open city environment, maneuvering and flanking opponents becomes viable strategy.

Another good aspect of the game is the visual customization for clothing and vehicles. With an in-game mini graphics designer, its possible to create almost any design for your vehicle or clothing.

I've played this both in beta and after its release on steam. The biggest change at official release is the introduction of punkbuster and the elimination of cheaters running aimbots, etc. Two big thumbs up in this area, almost all cheaters are out of the game and banned now.

The game can be very addictive and has lots of continual play value as you constantly unlock weapons, vehicles, and perks.
  96. Dec 21, 2011
    I'm only rating this game a 0 because of the stupid amount of 10's there is here. If it was up to me I would rate it a 3/10 because of customization and graphics. Customization is more or less the only great thing about the game and it seems as if it started out as a character customizer and then the devs just needed an excuse for it to become a game so they can make some money out of itI'm only rating this game a 0 because of the stupid amount of 10's there is here. If it was up to me I would rate it a 3/10 because of customization and graphics. Customization is more or less the only great thing about the game and it seems as if it started out as a character customizer and then the devs just needed an excuse for it to become a game so they can make some money out of it so they slapped this together. As far as gameplay goes it is unbalanced and repetitive. It consists mainly of go fetch this thing and then bring it to this location and then do that again and then just kill everyone. For the other side it just consists of camping there and waiting for the other team to come and try to do the objective so you can jump out from behind the dustbin and fill a poor unexpectant enemy full of lead. Roof tops and high places are phenomenally advantageous and in most instances, mission winners. And alot of the weapons are very overpowered and some are just very underpowered. The modifications are pretty expensive and do almost nothing other than give the weapon a nice blue muzzleflash. Unless you are prepared to pay 60$ for an even more OP weapon with modifications that are strangely more powerful than all the ones you can buy in game. The city of the game is lifeless and the pedestrians and traffic are stupid and robotic and are in all a more or less just another pointless addition to the game. The community is awful. Well you see Itâ Expand
  97. Dec 21, 2011
    Fun game, but developers only care about paid players, not free players. Why the game is F2P, who knows....I played the Original APB and the Reloaded, both were fun, but miss the point and only focus on certain player bases instead of the whole community. Game should be shut down forever....
  98. Dec 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nothing to say , you must see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!only fun fun and fun !!! spend a lot of time to it , and spend much more with no pity ! like or don"t it is you solution , but you never forget it ! Expand
  99. Dec 15, 2011
    if you love playing your gta games online then this is the game for you, at first i was quite lost in this game but after time you get use to the controls and feel of the game. over all i love this game and i support it.
  100. Jan 2, 2012

1. Aug 7, 2012
    This isn't a great game, it's not even a good game, but it is the closest thing we've got to a cops-and-robbers MMO - which is, I suspect, one of the all-time great video game concepts. One day, somebody's going to do it right, and they're going to become very rich indeed.
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    Although APB has a few good ideas, the execution just isn't fun enough. It presents itself as an online Grand Theft Auto, but in its core is nothing more than deathmatch in an open world. Shooting isn't balanced well, and the number of missions is so limited that it becomes a bore really fast.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    The immediacy of the game with fast missions and compact worlds allows constant action, which grants immediate satisfaction. However, it takes more than flowered shirts and deadly shotguns to create a committed relationship with the player.