AquaNox 2: Revelation PC

7.9

1. AlexanderS.
    Mar 14, 2009
    This game is very underrated. The story, characters and dialogues are clearly adult-themed and dark. Like Aquanox 1 it shows well the madness of a post apocalyptic underwater society. The dialogues are very hilarious too (at least in the German Original version)

The gameplay is solid, fast and furious. But there are not many ships too choose from. However you get plenty of weapons.

The graphics are nice and fit well the dark atmosphere. Sound is superb too.

The only real cons for this game are the linearity (altough it does not disturb me that much, it is a story-driven game) and the presentation. The story is told via pictures of the speaking characters and dialogue. It is not that great. However sometimes a render video plays.

Overall it is a great, adult game which small flaws.
  2. ZuffuluZT
    May 1, 2008
    Why does this game got such low scores? I really don't get it ...when this game came out I played it all the way through - twice, because it was so much fun. ;)
    And until today I have finished it probably another 10 times.
    It really is a timeless classic for me that never grows old and I am really hoping for part 3. There is still so much potential in that universe.
  3. ShawnT.
    May 22, 2006
    The storyline is awesome! If you are in to sci-fi action this is all you need! Highly detailed graphics run very smoothly even with older machines. But' yes the biggest plus is still its piece-of-art story.

1. Unless you are really hard up for a combat game or a big fan of the original I’d skip this and save your cash for whatever the future holds for this “sleeping” genre.
    The problem is that after the initial unique feeling of intrigue you may get by playing a game that takes place entirely underwater, it's just not very fun.
  3. PC Gamer
    Makes me wish more games featured adult-themed language and situations, because in this case, they actually add to the gritty feel and setting we've been delivered. [Dec 2003, p.107]