Armies of Exigo PC

8.0

1. Jul 28, 2012
    Game play is good, graphics are good, the story is good, the units are all good..what more does a game need? Apparently something new? Tho i fail to see what new every one is talking about. You mean like flying ships and units that can make mineshaft to quickly transport units from one location to the other?

This is a game people clearly have miss judged solely on the fact that it got

This is a game people clearly have miss judged solely on the fact that it got aliens and a familiar conflict in it. People see the beast men and they all yell the Hord! Riiiiiip offff!!!! aghhh!!!! then they spams and falls over. Then they notice a third faction called the fallen and notice that they got bug units and guess what....they all yell Zerglings! Riiiiiip offff!!!! aghhh!!!! then they spams and falls over.

And that seals the fate of Armies of Exigo cause after all that falling over all people see is a clone of a clone of clones?

Then comes all the complains, wahhh i can only control 16 units wahhhhh. Answer: Then make a super group with the F1 - F12 key dumbass.
    Wahhhhh heroes don't lvl up and you can't out fit them with items :( sniff , can't see how that's such a surprise as its Called Armies of Exigo and not Heroes and Armies of Exigo. In fact that comes to show that its not a copy of Warcraft 3 at least as their you can make all the love you want with your hero witch is everything in that game.

Personally i find Armies of Exigo to be a great game, units gain experience for their kills, you got flying units that not only can transport your units but your archers can attack from within them. A good variety of units in all the factions, and once again a good story. Honestly there really should not be any need for any more to be said to convince you that Armies of Exigo is a great game. Its not a copy of Warcraft and Starcraft its not, its not a lie that its similar but calling it a rip off and a copy is going to far. In the end one more thing to add, Armies of Exigo is hard and gives a challenge and deserves my personal rating of 9/10.
  2. TS
    Jun 10, 2008
    while it is rather slow and dull compared to modern games, it brought something new which has lain untouched ever since. The multi-layer maps brought a new dynamic to gameplay, and the cutscenes were well worth the wait, adding a darker feel than Warcraft 3.
    I understand the anger at the unchanging "Good guys look good, bad guys look bad" format the average RTS has taken, but remember that the high fantasy which is based upon Tolkein's works is based upon metaphor as well. If you are evil you look evil, if you are sly you have an evil feel to you but might look better. Its not complicated and really not something to get upset over.
  3. Mzzx
    Jan 16, 2005
    Really strong competitor of today's big titles. Definitely worths price.
  4. IvoY.
    Nov 7, 2004
    Very good RTS, StarCraft style. I love it.
  5. AR
    Dec 10, 2004
    Best game since Starcraft.
  6. Abu
    Jan 16, 2005
    This game rocks!
  7. Theragin'cajun
    Nov 8, 2004
    I love this game!
  8. MX
    Dec 18, 2004
    Amazing oldschool-MP. if you like starcraft, you will like this one as well.
  9. NodD.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Marvellous RTS.
    Jan 24, 2005
    StarCraft 2005!!!!
  11. NahT.
    Jun 24, 2006
    It looks like "RPG elements" in any game released nowadays have to be predictable and racist. The concept of beautiful therefore "good" races fighting against ugly therefore "evil" things is fascist at best. This isn't this specific game's fault however; we must "thank" Tolkien for all this crap.
  12. Roghain
    Jan 3, 2009
    If one were to take aside the terrible rippoff of warcraft and about any bleedin' fantasy RTS, if you ignore the fact that the sound is all but missing, if you do not care for the same-o same-o story, then still, this is a bad game. I care not for the MP part - but the single player campaign is a joke. Why? because the AI builds nothing. I swear - I have watched and watched theIf one were to take aside the terrible rippoff of warcraft and about any bleedin' fantasy RTS, if you ignore the fact that the sound is all but missing, if you do not care for the same-o same-o story, then still, this is a bad game. I care not for the MP part - but the single player campaign is a joke. Why? because the AI builds nothing. I swear - I have watched and watched the opponets, but the do NOt gather anything, they do not build anything. So, apart from the scripted attacks and the units placed on the map for the AI to start with - there is no challenge in the single player campaign.

There is no point in playing a game that challenges you not, I daresay.

I have checked all 36 maps, and on none of them is there something to be fought other than the starting units/buildings. I kid you not - see for yourself... this has to be THE most horrible AI ever to inhabit your CPU.
  13. Jan 29, 2014
    Might be good, but there's no widescreen support. The game doesn't have any resolutions higher than 1280x1024 and that really detracts from it's score.
  14. Mar 12, 2016
    While it has nothing particularly good to separate it from other titles, Armies of Exigo provides bad acting and voices.

With the sound turned off, it is still not a good game: in particular, the control of your units is terrible. In a sense, it feels more like playing a repetitive action game than a strategy game. A really bad gameplay indeed.

1. The gameplay is standard, if sometimes uneven and difficult, and the units aren’t anything we haven’t seen before.
    This is definitely a game aimed at the hardcore, old school crowd. Newcomers to the real-time strategy genre will find that the campaign is difficult to the point of near total aggravation.
  3. One good thing is that players will face little to no slow down even with a huge battle going on in the middle of the screen.