8.1

1. Apr 7, 2011
    Although ACB runs and looks much better on the PC than it did on console, the PC port brings a number of glitches and bugs with it that are notably absent from the console versions. Smooth and detailed textures, as well as longer draw distances don't seem to make up for the fact that there is a substantial amount of z-fighting on higher-end cards (that is where textures flicker as they compete to occupy the same display plane). At times this is just a mild annoyance but at others it distracts from the scene immensley, and on a number of occasions I found myself having missed key dialog because I was so bothered by it. Furthermore, Ezio and NPCs seem to pass right through each other during animations. I've watched as Assassin Guild members leap easily through their opponents as if they were ghosts, landing far behind them as the vanquished enemy slowly falls to the ground. In short, it looks absolutely terrible and makes you wince when you see it -- and it happens almost every time. This is shoddy programming at best, pure indifference and apathy at worst. In sum, I'd recommend that those who own the console version stick to that. The PC version is too marred with bugs to be worth the money and I doubt Ubisoft will bother to fix any of this with a patch. Expand
  2. May 5, 2011
    Multiplayer without LAN support, and a slightly less horrible version of a horrible and useless DRM system that only customers have to suffer through. Minuscule progress, but not enough, Ubi.
  3. Apr 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this game came out a few years ago and I believe it was called Assassin's Creed II. I used to be a fanboy, but they're too repetitive. I don't really get why these games are so successful. Oh you have three ways of being stealthy! Hide in a bail of hay! Blend with a Crowd! Or Sit on a bench! Not fun. Also this one is even more repetitive. It's one of those lame revolution stories which has become code for do the same exact thing x amount of times. Sorry, but this game just sucked. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2011
    ACB is very short, not complex story, boring world, boring mechanic of gameplay. I simply dont like it. I spent a lot of money (it costs same as AC2) and I was angry when I spent 2 days to finish the game. It is also too easy. I have seen a lot of bugs. I still thinks, that story is worst at this part of game. In a 3/4 of whole game I was telling myself "I should be sucked into gameplay already, why the hell nothing is happening?". Too many good reviews at magazines, websites. Where is demanding of great gameplay from all people. Why u counting game very high if it so weak and short? I think that people have too many games to play these days, which means that not so long gameplay = more time for other titles = good for them. But not for me, not for person who still is in total love to AC2 game. I am very disapointed. Expand
  5. Jun 18, 2011
    exactly the same as the other assassin creed games , no different ways of being stealthy, pickpocketing is unrealistic and pointless storyline is the worst ife ever seen in a game b4 .... seriously pacman has a better storyline
  6. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is a total letdown. All series looks dumb with that complex(or dumb?) storyline that really looses itself in all that killing. One advice to developers: If you having simple gameplay then you should have SIMPLE storyline. Seriously - if you can't write complex and easy to follow storyline - don't even try!
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Why do people enjoy this game? I have played AC1 and AC2 and liked them both. I liked AC1 even though many people didn't. I hated this game though. When I use the word "hated", I mean it. The story in this game has "filler" written all over it, except for the ending of course. I didn't, for one second, take any interest in the story development of this one at all.

The graphics and such
    were fine, although I personally think AC2 had a much better environment than this one did. Rome is basically a giant rundown ruined city with some farmland on the outskirts. I like the ability to dye my character's cloak, but no matter how I dye it he always sticks out. In AC1 his cloak was designed to mimic priest cloaks so he could get around in a crowd. Why is he still wearing bright white cloaks and crazy capes with a pointed hood? Is it really just to look cool? I stick out like a soar thumb when I'm walking around, how am I supposed to be stealthy?

The gameplay is where the downfall is. I don't remember any of the issues I had with AC:B being present in AC2. The first problem I have is simply running around. You hold RT+A (yeah I used a controller because keyboard support is dreadful) to run, but that is also the button combo to run up the side of a ledge or leap off a building. So while you're running, if you happen to pass by a column or building, your character will run up the side of that building and kill your momentum. Then you have to jump off of the building back down to the street and resume running. This can be an extremely annoying process if you're being chased. Another issue with running is if you're unlucky enough to run into a group of guards, which you WILL be doing if you go after Borgia captains, your character enters a "combat mode" where he pulls out his weapon and dances around like the guy from Last of the Mahicans. This also stops your momentum, but in a more annoying way. See it takes a lot of button mashing and re-positioning just to get the game to go "Oh he wants to run instead of fight!". So that Borgia captain you were chasing? Yeah, he's gone.

That leads me to another thing: Why can most Borgia captains run like 10 feet before the game decides they've "escaped"? He's right in front of me yet apparently he "got away"? That's extremely frustrating and cheap. I guess the developers decided that, in order to make some Borgia captains more difficult, they should put them directly next to their escape zone so that if you approach him he needs to only dash a yard or two before the god damn Star Trek Enterprise beams him up. Anyway, I'm going to play Revelations now and hope that this abomination fades from memory. If Revelations is any better then I just might move onto Assassin's Creed 3, but my god Brotherhood was just terrible.
  8. Jun 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Long single with only few changes between one mission and other. Multiplayer with most servers empty.
    Also poor story and have to many jumping from part to part missions.... thats boring. But in other hand have a good graphic.
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    What the hell ubisoft????
    I have the legit version of this game, and its going with 5 fps.(my system specs hit the recomended requierements).In the end I pirated it aaaand it worked like charm.YOU SHOULDNT encourage pirateing you dumb ubisoft a*****es!!!!!now I dont have the extras.About the gameplay lame, monoton, boring blah blah blah, nothing new from AC2, and story is pretty much
    predictable.If the CD would have workes it probably have gotten 6-7 maybe 8 points, but because I wasted my money it gets a 3.In my opinion if you want to play it for the gameplay then pirate it, because that is what ubisoft whants you to do Expand

Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.