Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PC

8.2

1. Dec 9, 2012
    This installment of the Assassin's Creed series is a fun game but trips fatally over a few key issues. If you're willing to overlook some plot issues and can turn a blind eye to the game mis-interpreting what you want to do on a regular basis, this game is right up your alley. However, these trips have landed this game a low score.

The city is well designed and getting around is fun.

The city is well designed and getting around is fun. Jumping from rooftops to rooftops and climbing around has always been a fun feature of the Assassin's Creed series. This game doesn't drop the ball in this departement. However, occasionally, you will find yourself frustrated that you can't reach something or grab something that you really should. Or in an attempt to jump up to a ledge that you can't grab on to, you'll frequently find yourself plummeting straight for the hard floor below. That being said, it doesn't happen often enough to really make this a huge issue.

The combat is fun, however I found myself only ever using a couple of your huge arsenal of weapons. Once you get the crossbow, the game looses a lot of its challenge as well. The city development part of the game is neat and a good way to encourage the player to explore the city and liberate it.

Managing your recruits was a key addition to Brotherhood and while innovative and neat, it did make the game a little easy. It seems like if you want a challenge in this game, you have to shoot yourself in the foot right out of the door to give the enemies that advantage they need. The game was fun. I enjoyed almost ever hour i spent running around the ancient city. However, i didn't enjoy one second running around in the present. While the concept of genetic memory is interesting, the game makes almost no effort to make you care at all about the real actual characters. Then when the huge thing happens at the end (which should have blown everyone's mind), i found myself wondering why I should care. Plus, this 'event' didn't make me feel like anything had been resolved. The ending had a nice build up, the pacing was near flawless then it just ends. Brotherhood left me with no satisfaction what so ever after finishing the game. This is the primary reason i give the game as low a rating as i did. The ending of any game is a crucial component. It is the last impression, the thing that determines whether you want to play it again or whether you want to throw it in the garbage and light it on fire for leading you along such a wonderful journey then abandoning you with no closure. Overall, fun game, bad ending. A great game if you're not the kind of person who gets hung up story stuff (like i clearly am).
  2. Nov 8, 2015
    It's a great game by itself, although improvements over AC2 are relatively small. Combat is a lot smoother but also easier at the same time thanks to the ability to chain kills. Training your little army of assassins is pretty fun too. The main story is relatively short but there is plenty of extra side content to keep busy those who want to see it all.
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    Its PC Violent perfecto~! And of course, the best of the franchise. Loads to do and more open world. The option for Weapons and Costumes is incredible, the camera is smooth, free running is great, as usual and the story is any confusing like the newer Assassins Creed. Good mission balance and good, challenging story mode. The game is highly rewarding too. There is nothing wrong with theIts PC Violent perfecto~! And of course, the best of the franchise. Loads to do and more open world. The option for Weapons and Costumes is incredible, the camera is smooth, free running is great, as usual and the story is any confusing like the newer Assassins Creed. Good mission balance and good, challenging story mode. The game is highly rewarding too. There is nothing wrong with the game actually. It just insnt perfect. Expand
  4. Jan 25, 2013
    This has refined the AC series to the near perfect point. Its a shame the next two games dropped the series on it's rear. This game had a large city to explore, lots of shops to renovate, landmarks to own, side quests to do, places to explore and a whole team of Assassin's at your command. The clothing was rich and vibrant and the scenery was stunning. The characters are loveable and theThis has refined the AC series to the near perfect point. Its a shame the next two games dropped the series on it's rear. This game had a large city to explore, lots of shops to renovate, landmarks to own, side quests to do, places to explore and a whole team of Assassin's at your command. The clothing was rich and vibrant and the scenery was stunning. The characters are loveable and the story inspiring. I highly recommend this game to any lover of the series but please please please start with AC1 and work your way up. Missing out on AC1 and AC2 does not allow you to enjoy this game to the full extent. Expand
  5. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a really good game, with the best features from the other Assassin's Creeds und more, but I have not the motivation, to collect all items.
  6. Mar 28, 2014
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

With overall improvements over everything i have mentioned in my Assassin's Creed II review, there is something that i feel that it needs to be pointed out, Brotherhood seems to have more glitches & bugs. This makes me think of whether the QA team in the past 2 titles are the same ones who have tested this game. These "glitches
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

These "glitches & bugs" aren't really small ones, but are actually ones prevents your progression in a few missions/sequences. If you play over 60hz and have vsync off, you are going to run into them. Unfortunately for this, and the frustration caused for me, deserves an even lower score than AC or AC2.

Other than that, i need not mention the pros and cons as they were similarly mentioned in my AC2 review.

Note: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood also features the free Da Vinci Disappearance (DLC), obtainable via UPlay for 0 credits. It's a well worth and fun DLC with a few extra hours to put into the game. As it is going to take place after the main story, i recommend playing this DLC only after you've completed it.
    Posted: 9 March. Last edited: 10 March.
  7. Feb 19, 2013
    More or less of Assassin's Creed 2 in my opinion, with a few new additions to the gameplay, this new installment isn't a huge step ahead from its predecessor but it is definitely worth playing
  8. Feb 23, 2013
    I'm a great fan of the Assassin's Creed series and this installment is definitely my favourite.
    Every time a new AC game comes out, and I look at the trailer, it looks so good and the first though in my head is "I wonder if it's gonna be better than Brotherhood"...
    And I end up enjoying them a lot, and I never get disappointed but they never manage to beat this one in the end. An
    An amazing story (which makes the series so great imo), brilliant characters, and really smooth and fun (even though rather easy) gameplay.
  9. Mar 18, 2014
    Not QUITE as good as ACII, but still a really fun game to play. Animations, voices, etc all seemed just a little bit lazier or rushed for this installment of Ezio's story. But regardless, it was still good quality.
  10. Jul 12, 2013
    this by far the best part of the AC series the story keeps getting better and better and will keep you dying until the very end with few twists in it they added the brotherhood and recruit system in this game which was awesome the missions in this game are awesome even the side missions you'll spend hours upon hours of fun and great entertainment
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    Generally more polished than AC2 that was already a superb game. Less bang in the story as AC2 and not definitive in the series (hence revelations, which I haven't played yet) but a wonderful addition to Ezio's trilogy. A must play for all triple A gamers.
  12. ERB
    Jul 30, 2013
    A game that you will never forget.
  13. Aug 25, 2013
    Best one of the Assassin's Creed series in the aspect of gameplay.Sophisticated,exquisite and artistic game.
    I should say that this game looks quite beautiful and can be played smoothly without unreasonable bruising of the designing.What I mean is that both the ideas or originality of the designers and the difficulty contribute to give a clean,artistic and fluent experience of playing,without too much burdensome or inflexible set.
    Music and voice are both excellent as the previous work.But I think some characters in English version speaks with a rigid accent of Italian that British and American people imitate.
    The graphics are not with so much blurring effect as Assassin's Creed II.But the sharpness with more detailed texture also looks very exquisite.
    The main plot of the story feels a bit short but worth playing,while the side missions are even more interesting and exciting.
  14. May 26, 2013
    OKAY game and good thing it is lengthy.
    Yet, I would not give it a 10 because early parts of this game were good, and now the series is more like “Soldier’s Creed”, and a new part releases every year like CoD.
  15. Jan 2, 2014
    Now take nothing away from it, the gameplay is marvelous. Fighting has never gotten easier than in this game. The story is decent and in this one I did want to kill Cezare Borgia (mainly for the same reason why Star Wars fan boys want to kill Jar Jar Binks). However like all Assassin's Creed games the ending really sinks what could have been a great game.
  16. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    First of all I would like to resume me review, BUY THE GAME NOW!!!
    Now I will like to explain why....
    First of all the game has many awesome things, that I am sure you will also like, so lets start: +Cool Borgia territories to conquer :) +System that allows you to buy different weapons, armor... +Very good customization +You can have your own Creed!!! (Train your own Assassins) +You
    First of all I would like to resume me review, BUY THE GAME NOW!!!
    Now I will like to explain why....
    +Cool Borgia territories to conquer :)
    +System that allows you to buy different weapons, armor...
    +Very good customization
    +You can have your own Creed!!! (Train your own Assassins)
    +You can make your Assassins kill someone :)
    +Cool horses to travel and move around!!!
    +Many buildings to climb!!! :)
    +Good amount of tasks, and they are not repetitive
    +Good amount of weapons, armor...
    +Awesome graphics

But, because no game is perfect, I gave a 8,5/10 because this game has some little bugs, and some things that I did not like, but still this game is awesome...}
    -Some minor glitches (Easy to solve)
    -Few cities to explore (Only two) :(
    -No character evolution (Because this game is the continuation of AC 2)

And finally my conclusion is that this game is worth buying, SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING?!?!?!?
  18. Dec 2, 2013
    A good game i enjoyed playing it a lot I think its to bad that almost nobody is playing the multiplayer anymore (they've probably moved on to the more recent ac games) because the lack of players in mp really was the reason I stopped playing it.
  19. Jul 14, 2016
    The combat system is more polished than AC2, but everything else is worse. Rome doesn't have the charm of Florence and Venice. All the interesting characters either died or disappeared. Story is boring. They should have ended the Ezio story in this game, but seeing that Ubisoft is the developer this is not impossible, of course.
  20. Dec 15, 2013
    Ubisoft has definetely made it work with this game. It is worth buying game. Good graphics overall and nice moves to learn. The storyline seem to be a bit boring since transformation of Present to Past is frequent.
    Overall 8/10
    Graphics 8/10
    Storyline 6/10
  21. Jun 16, 2014
    By far the worst game in the series and if you'd like to know why, then read on. Although it is not terrible, but the obvious just push it out the door, print it, print it now!, comes clearer with Brotherhood more than any of the other games. I might as well start with the problems that the game has. Well the main problem with the game is the auto lock-on camera which is down rightBy far the worst game in the series and if you'd like to know why, then read on. Although it is not terrible, but the obvious just push it out the door, print it, print it now!, comes clearer with Brotherhood more than any of the other games. I might as well start with the problems that the game has. Well the main problem with the game is the auto lock-on camera which is down right frustrating, like during huge missions your running to flee from an area or whatever and it locks you on to someone who tried to attack you, even though they missed and it makes you go out of track. OMG and the next one. One of the enemies, and im not even joking, is at times invinsible. you know the light armor guys. they can litteraly jump backwards any time you attack them, even if they're by a wall the sword just goes through them or they dodge it and if you try to kick them that doesen't work eighter, this becomes especially true when during big timed missions where you have to kill a bunch of guys in a time-limit. OMG and this next one is actually "GAME BREAKING" During a mission where you tail a missionary to the coloseum, "spoilers". you have to kill 2 exact guys that look identical to the other. and then the real problem addears, because you have to kill 2 more random guys again and the real problem here is that they have a pretty high chance of fleeing like a little chicken and because "Spoilers" you now have the apple of eden which kills whatever it wants, but only one guy at a time, randomly, but see why is it a problem that they flee you ask? Well because there is a barrier you can't go through, its like a invisible fench that prevents you from going futher and the problem is that they can actually surpass that "Fence" by a few feet or like 4-5 meters meaning that if you let them surpass that barrier then your basicly **** and see it's actually really hard to not make them surpass the "barrier" you might as well restart the memory, which means that you have to tail the guy and everything all over again. Now the Next problem is more of a annoyance than annything else, but it's still a thing that draws you out of the immersion. the voice acting is often eccoed in really low volume or it's not there at all, and the voices are there sometimes but it's really only in big scenes. the controls are also nothing to brag about, they are definitely designed with a controller in mind and also the way Ezio moves feel kinda sluggish like he has bad agility which for an assassin is extremely weird .i think i got everything that is negative about the game, now on to the good stuff. first of all the game has an exellent soundtrack, at times it's a little too much but usually good, not much to say on that one. and secound the climbing and the overall feel of being an assasin is really good. the world design as there is no quote on quote level design is actually really good, in fact it's amazing. the story is also very interesting, which i guess only apply to people who is generally interested in history as myself. the game has got amazing multiplayer and aftergamecontent meaning that you can be stacked for a few weeks after playing through the story. overall i'd say that this is definitely the worst Assassin's Creed game in the series. a 7/10 should do it justice. i might even be a tad bit too kind to it though. it's worth purchasing though on a market if it's on like 50% off +. Expand
  22. Sep 18, 2014
    WHY AM I JUST NOW PLAYING ASSASSINS CREED?!?!?! As my statement said this was my first ever assassins creed title and I don't know why but I procrastinated until now to try one of ubisofts very praised assassins creed titles let me just say try it when I first started playing the intro left me with my jaw on the floor the visuals are beautiful its one of the prettiest games I've everWHY AM I JUST NOW PLAYING ASSASSINS CREED?!?!?! As my statement said this was my first ever assassins creed title and I don't know why but I procrastinated until now to try one of ubisofts very praised assassins creed titles let me just say try it when I first started playing the intro left me with my jaw on the floor the visuals are beautiful its one of the prettiest games I've ever played and I don't say that lightly the music is astounding it's beautiful the soundtrack is a mix of vocalized and orchestrated pieces that fit the game perfectly the vpoice acting is very well done the main characters are acted out extremely well the side characters such as a person on the street or one of the assassins not so much its fairly poor there's just one thing that really frustrated me about this game and its the controls they are extremely annoying at times other times they work great example weapons such as the gun the crossbow and the throwing knives use automatic lock on its very annoying when in combat your gun locks onto an opponent behind a wall that farthest away from you when an enemy is right in front of you or another example is how time and time again only one opponent will be highlighted yet for some reason it will throw all of your throwing knives its this big issue that it gets an 8 out of 10 Expand
  23. Dec 13, 2015
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is, fortunately enough, a worthy sequel. The game now is deeper, wider and has almost every of its weaknesses fixed, though sometimes you still feel that it is not enough to be called perfect.
  24. Jun 22, 2014
    It's only been a year since Assassin's Creed 2, so you would be forgiven if you thought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood would feel more like a stopgap than a full follow-up. This game continues where Assassin's Creed 2 left off, with the same main protagonist, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, in the 15-16th Century. The game is not as good as the prequel but it comes very close. Assassin's CreedIt's only been a year since Assassin's Creed 2, so you would be forgiven if you thought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood would feel more like a stopgap than a full follow-up. This game continues where Assassin's Creed 2 left off, with the same main protagonist, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, in the 15-16th Century. The game is not as good as the prequel but it comes very close. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has plenty of things for you to do, the graphics improved, and there are new mechanics that will surprise you. Many of the mechanics are forced but somehow fit in throughout the game. The events in Brotherhood have many meaningful memories since the prequel. If you played Assassin's Creed 2, you would know Ezio Auditore da Firenze, the young ladies man, turned deadly assassin. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood starts exactly where the previous game left off. Ezio's nemesis, Cesare Borgia obtained the powerful Apple of Eden. Lucrezia Borgia is the only new character and she is an important one. She is charismatic and a beautiful women and has a very odd relationship with her brother Cesare. The highlight of Ezio's tales are in the small touches and side missions. A series of flashbacks are sentimental and are a good reminder of Ezio's younger days. Claudia Auditore also takes on a leading position in this game. Overall it's good to see some female characters with presence. The main plot falls flat, since it does not reveal much we did not already know. On the other hand, there is the parallel story of Desmond Miles, a bartender whose ancestor’s memories you are visiting. The player gets to spend plenty of time with Desmond. If you thought Assassin's Creed 2's ending was a shocker just wait until this one. You spend most of your times as Ezio and you might miss having multiple cities to explore, but do not worry that Rome will feel confined. Rome is a huge place, it's gorgeous and there is a ton of stuff for you to do. A standard gameplay should easily take as much time as Assassin's Creed 2 did. The basics remain the same. You run across the city on rooftops, get some swordplay with some guards, you climb towers so you can get bearing on your surroundings and then leap off of them. You blend with citizens to tail your target and all of these things are as fun as ever. Almost everything received some kind of enhancement. On the combat side, you can kick your foes so you can catch them off guard before you sink your sword into them. It's a useful feature as well since enemies don't always wait around to attack you now. It isn't as much more challenging though, since you can now put together one stab kills which sheds plenty of blood. Some of those towers you climb must be set on fire. In order to do that, you need to assassinate an officer in advance. Prowling is easier now since you can find a horse almost anywhere. The economy means even more now too, since you must purchase buildings like tailors and blacksmith shops before you gain access to vendors. You even buy famous landmarks. There are a lot of improvements and changes for the better of the series. The biggest improvement is now you can recruit Assassin's. Remember the citizens being harassed in Assassin's Creed 1? They are back but now when you save them, they will join your cause. From there you send them off to missions on a menu interface. They level up, and eventually they become full-fledged assassins. You can call them in battle and then jump out of nearby haystacks or riding on a horse and do some of your dirty work for you. In the end though, this addition feels more than a bit contrived. The game leads you to believe that recruiting these assassins has some kind of overall purpose, but the whole thing feels pointless. The combat is so easy enough that you might even forget you can call on your brothers, and once you reach the end of the game, you discover that all that time you spent on training and recruiting doesn't really culminate really anything important. Luckily there are plenty of other features that help pick up the slack. Leonardo da Vinci is back, and some quests related to his role are beyond what you may have expected. Tombs have been replaced by lairs owned the Followers of Romulus. They provide some plat forming sequences. Not all missions are awesome. Ones that require stealth can sometimes fall flat. Overall there is a ton of variety and enough gameplay surprises to keep you guessing, so the cons of the game are just blimps on the radar. Finally Assassin's Creed Brotherhood added a multiplayer and it is quite interesting. You're assigned to a target to assassinate while someone else wants to attempt to assassinate you. You are surrounded by A.I.'s going about their own business. You need to blend with the crowd preferably people who look exactly just like you so you can prep up your pursuer. At the same time, you need to follow your radar to get the general vicinity and keep your eyes open to suspicious activity. It's not action-packed but it can get really tense. You might jump onto your target and kill him or her only to have your own pursuer plunge a dagger in your throat or you might get chased along rooftops only to lose your assassination contract because your target escapes. More silent kill’s means more points so just because you got the best kill ratio doesn't mean you are going to win. As you play, you earn handsome skills like being able to temporarily disguise yourself or using eagle vision to find your victim. It's wonderful improvement for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for players who want something a little different. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is gorgeous to look at. It oozes details everywhere, from the interior of palaces, to the famous coliseum. I did run into several occasions in which you fell through the geometry and were swimming in water many stories below the city. These and a few other features make Assassin's Creed Brotherhood seem a tiny bit sloppier than the first two games but overall it's still a visual stunner. It's not that better than Assassin's Creed 2 was. However it is shocking just how big Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is and somehow all manages to add vital and polishing new mechanics and a lot of great missions. A new multiplayer mode and you have a game that does anything but rest on its morals. Not every new addition it does is a step into the right direction but Assassin's Creed Brotherhood doesn't coast. Instead it's yet another reason to take that leap of faith. Remember, "Nothing is true... Everything is permitted". "La shai wak'ion motlaq bal kollon momken". I would give this game a rating of 96 out of 100. Expand
  25. Oct 27, 2015
    I came into AC Brotherhood with no expectations, having never played anything from the series. Enduring the initial investment in learning its controls and complexities proved to be an incredibly rewarding experience!

In certain ways, this game has a lot of similarities to the over-hyped The Witcher III recently released. However, I'm still tidying up every last side mission in Brotherhood with enthusiasm, something TW3 failed miserably to deliver on.

Brotherhood had so many strong points that I kept telling myself that I would never remember how many cool things it offered.

* An amazing rendition of Renaissance Rome.
    * Great voice acting. I also include here the variety of herald speeches, shop owner comments, and ordinary people speak.
    * Diverse and unique quests.
    * Cut scenes that were incredibly well-placed.
    * Fantastic incorporation of historic material.
    * Memorable characters, Authorities that were truly petty, city inhabitants were awesome as well.
    * A sense of purpose
    * Fantastic interaction with the environment. Not only your ability to scale most everything but blending in with crowds, remaking stores, etc.

Never has a game made my stomach drop so frequently. It made an instant AC fan out of this gamer.
  26. Oct 9, 2015
    Like Assassin's creed 2, brotherhood is an upgrade from the last one. Now you have a assassins group, and the entire Roma to explore. Is good, but only this.
  27. Feb 9, 2015
    First Assassin's Creed game I ever played, absolutely loved it. I now own all of the Assassin's games (minus DLC/Unity), and ACB is by-far still my favorite.
  28. May 20, 2015
    My favourite game in the ac series!
    Why it's great:
    1.You get to use the apple!
    2.Assassin's friends help you
    3.New Antagonist:Cesare Borgia
    4.Caterina S'Forza returns
    5.More items to buy
    6.Romulus lairs
    7.Great soundtrack(My Favourite:The Brotherhood Escapes)
    and many more
  29. Jun 20, 2015
    Definitely the best in the whole series, the gameplay was extremely improved from AC2, because walking in slow motion and make your recruits kill your enemies is awesome, you can now ride horses into town (which is absolutely **** great)! the story is a bit worse but still, the missions were improved because of the diversity of Rome's areas and gameplay too, the free-running is more fluentDefinitely the best in the whole series, the gameplay was extremely improved from AC2, because walking in slow motion and make your recruits kill your enemies is awesome, you can now ride horses into town (which is absolutely **** great)! the story is a bit worse but still, the missions were improved because of the diversity of Rome's areas and gameplay too, the free-running is more fluent and responsive, so, this game deserves no less no more than 9 for me. Expand
  30. Jan 8, 2016
    scenario is not well as assassin's creed 2 but side missions and capturing city of rome is good thinking objectives. side quests have a scenario and leonardo's missions really enjoyable. you can ride a horse in city. graphics better than 2 and stealthing is more important. battle system faster and ezio use new combats because he is master assassin. saw old friends when played mainscenario is not well as assassin's creed 2 but side missions and capturing city of rome is good thinking objectives. side quests have a scenario and leonardo's missions really enjoyable. you can ride a horse in city. graphics better than 2 and stealthing is more important. battle system faster and ezio use new combats because he is master assassin. saw old friends when played main scenario. soundtrack is always good

summary: i think best assassin's creed game after 2 and black flag
  31. Jan 25, 2016
    After several hours of gameplay the game looks like nothing compared to the other two titles. So far is the worst, yet I did not get to play Revelations, III and IV. (PC does not lead more to continue the series). The end left me a little surprised because it is very strange. However there is a very poor way but worth playing.
  32. Jan 12, 2017
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood consegue manter a mesma linha de qualidade de seu antecessor, com gráficos aprimorados e excelente história e jogabilidade. É um jogo que você não enjoa, mesmo depois de quase 7 anos de lançamento.
  33. Oct 2, 2016
    Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood continues the story of Ezio Auditore in a single huge city (Rome) that is dotted with hills, ruins, narrow streets and platforming opportunities aplenty. The twin stories of Ezio and Desmond are some of the most effective in the Ezio trilogy. Marred by some poor keyboard platforming controls and bad implementation of v-sync, but there is full controllerAssassin’s Creed: Brotherhood continues the story of Ezio Auditore in a single huge city (Rome) that is dotted with hills, ruins, narrow streets and platforming opportunities aplenty. The twin stories of Ezio and Desmond are some of the most effective in the Ezio trilogy. Marred by some poor keyboard platforming controls and bad implementation of v-sync, but there is full controller support. If you’ve enjoyed other Assassin’s Creed games, this is a must-own.
    Uplay is required.
    Total size on my hard drive: 11GB

Note: If you are new to Assassin’s Creed games and wondering where to start, I’d recommend Assassin’s Creed II, not Brotherhood.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood picks up right where Assassin’s Creed II left off: Ezio is in Rome, having just fought the previous game’s final boss, and Desmond et. al. are on the run after having their hideout crashed by Abstergo. Having completed the battle in Rome, Ezio returns to Monteriggioni to have sexy times with Catarina Sforza, only to have the idyll interrupted by Cesare Borgia laying siege to the fortress. After it falls, Ezio and his family flee to Rome, determined to destroy the Borgia’s near-complete control of the city’s districts, and rebuild the Assassins (and Rome) in the process. Several popular characters return; Catarina as previously mentioned, Leonardo, Claudia and Maria Auditore, and Machiavelli. Rodrigo Borgia has a few brief scenes as well, but the primary antagonist is Rodrigo’s son, Cesare.

Now, instead of only upgrading your headquarters, Ezio is buying and refurbishing shops (and landmarks) all over Rome. Completing all the “Sons of Romulus” lairs unlocks a special dagger and armor. Completing memories with full synchronization unlocks hidden (“repressed”) Ezio memories of Cristina Vespucci’s fate. Leonardo is a minor character in the main game, but gets an entire DLC to himself (which is included). The Copernicus DLC is also included in the game files, but isn’t accessible to PC players without a mod (search the Steam forums). Add in the huge amount of loot found throughout the game which is used to unlock unique items at shops, the Animus “training mode” which is an arcade for honing your combat skills, and there is a wealth of content in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

The combat is the largest improvement to Brotherhood over the previous games. The addition of the chain-kill mechanic allows for the rapid dispatch of hordes of enemies. Combat in general flows quicker and smoother in the hands of a skilled player. A strange step backward, though, is the inability to use secondary weapons (like the pistol or crossbow) without selecting them in the weapon wheel first. Also, if you have a secondary weapon selected, doing a hand-focused act – like tearing down wanted posters – switches the weapon selection to unarmed. And the platforming was clearly designed for a controller. It’s doable with a keyboard and mouse, but not always intuitive. Expect Ezio to occasionally leap to his death without explanation.

The graphics are among the best of the earlier Assassin’s Creed games (Revelations’ are better, but are also much more demanding). Maxing Brotherhood’s graphics settings and hitting 120fps at 1080p proved an easy task (I have an R7 260X graphics card). Texture quality, detail, light, and reflections are the biggest advances over Assassin’s Creed II. Brotherhood is marred, however, by the poor implementation of vertical-sync: turning it on results in horrific frame-rate micro-stutter. There doesn’t seem to be a fix, other than not turning v-sync on. Setting v-sync on in the Radeon Crimson settings didn’t help, either.

These are small drawbacks, though. With swift and deadly combat, tons of things to do, and great stories, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic second part of the “Ezio trilogy” of games. A superb sequel and a great game in its own right. It discounts quite low, too, so if you’re a fan of Ezio or Assassin’s Creed in general, there is no reason not to get it.
  34. Nov 5, 2016
    Best Assassins Creed ever made.

Story 10/10
    Character 10/10
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 8/10
    Open world map 10/10
    Collectibles around the map
    Renovating Buildings

THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY EXCEPT-WOW!
  35. Nov 30, 2016
    Если кратко, игра мне не понравилась, почти совсем. Ниже будут бессистемные заметки почему именно.

Главная претензия к активной части игры всё та же - ну слишком легко ошибиться и устроить вместо "текущего как вода паркура и стремительной и жестокой боёвки" какой то цирк дебилов. Я очень люблю в играх погружение и мне всегда кажется, что ассасины задумывались как очень иммерсивная игра, это так и есть, но только пока не начинается экшен. Готов всё списать на свои кривые руки, но имею то что имею - почти постоянно мой экшен скатывался в "full retard mode". А в этом режиме игра уже мало что интересного представляет.

Главный виновник в вышесказанном это управление - играл на клаве (скорее всего это было ошибкой) и большую часть игры боролся не сколько с врагами, сколько с деревянным управлением.

Несколько душераздирающих примеров:

Эцио - липкий как жевачка, в процессе бега главная проблема для меня была избежать спонтанного прилипания и залезания на разнообразные объекты, встречающиеся на пути. Часто мне это не удавалось и возникали просто потрясающие по дебилизму ситуации, когда вместо погони Эцио забирался на пару ящиков стоящих по центу площади (мимо которых я хотел вообще то просто пробежать но видимо радиус оббега был слишком мал) и оттуда взирал отвесно вниз на 9000 стражников, которые его наконец догнали и радостно стали окружать. :D Кучи с сеном также требуют особого подхода если мы не хотим устроить цирковое представление с нырянием в них прямо перед носом догоняющего нас десятка солдат :)

Как то раз Эцио вылез из люка, закрыл его, и почему то встал на край крышки люка и стал отвесно смотреть вниз, на закрытый люк. :D

Погони преследования и поимки были моим самым "любимым" развлечением, вроде делаешь всё по подсказкам, жмешь лкм+шифт для того чтобы повалить на землю преследуемого, но работало это у меня через задницу и чаще всего Эцио или ничего не делал с целью или врезался в посторонних прохожих, или стаскивал проезжающего мимо всадника :blink: (там используется тот же шифт).

В боёвке мне так и не удалось понять как быстро подбегать к цели будучи уже с оружием в руках, часто бывали ситуации когда подсвеченная цель находится в трех метров, но Эцио к ней приближается как черепаха. В паре ситуаций Эцио просто отказывался атаковать стоящего в полуметре врага и в ответ на мой яростный ПКМ просто втягивал и вытягивал хидден блэйд, как будто выпендриваясь перед обалдевшим от такого представления стражником.

Попытки захвата в бою часто приводили не к захвату, а к подниманию оружия с земли или .... к подъему тела убитого стражника :blink: или... к стаскиванию проезжающего мимо всадника :D За всё это отвечает всё тот же шифт.

Когда же враги захватывают Эцио игра подсказывает, что надо мол жать лкм+шифт для освобождения, однако не пишет, что на самом деле надо сначала нажать лкм и удерживая его жать шифт, и что очень важен тайминг. У меня были ситуации, когда из захвата вообще не удавалось освободится. И в одном из таких случаев, меня так удачно схватил стражник, что я оказался лицом к стенке и его товарищи не могли меня атаковать. Это был натуральный софтлок, отпускать меня он не собирался, мне освободиться не получалось. После пары минут наблюдения этой сцены, немного округленными от удивления глазами, пришлось выходить в меню.

О всадниках - я не знаю почему, но при появлении на поле боя конного воина игра решает, что это настолько эпическое событие, что просто необходимо сделать автоматический лок на нем. Т.е. камера начинает просто сходить с ума.

О фиксировании цели - реализован этот механизм на редкость странно, казалось бы что такое лок он? Это значит, что по нажатию кнопочки подсвеченная цель фиксируется и несмотря на положением камеры именно эта цель остается подсвеченной, так?... А вот фиг! Игра считает иначе, и залоченная цель вовсе не остается таковой и может также меняться в зависимости от того куда ты смотришь. Охрененно неудобно, особенно в стелсовых миссиях. В чем смысл такого лока я так и не понял.

36. Dec 20, 2016
    Este juego literalmente me encantó, fue hermoso jugarlo. Entonces... ¿Por qué le doy un 8?, pues porque la historia principal dura muy poco y no tiene un desenlace épico, (recordemos que la historia de este juego es la continuación de un asunto pendiente que tuvo el Assasin's creed II... Esto hace que tengas que jugar este juego y esperes tras TODO assasin's creed 2 y Assasin's creedEste juego literalmente me encantó, fue hermoso jugarlo. Entonces... ¿Por qué le doy un 8?, pues porque la historia principal dura muy poco y no tiene un desenlace épico, (recordemos que la historia de este juego es la continuación de un asunto pendiente que tuvo el Assasin's creed II... Esto hace que tengas que jugar este juego y esperes tras TODO assasin's creed 2 y Assasin's creed botherhood, que la historia tenga desenlace... Pero termina de forma patética.

Esta es la razón por la cual le doy un 8.
  37. Dec 30, 2016
    Huge step up from AC II. While playing this game I felt like all my complains about the AC II were listened and Brotherhood was made right, even though I played both games in 2016 for the first time :) Not only it is a great game but itself, but it also fixes some things from AC II by going back. From storyline consistency, through graphics to character design, everything significantlyHuge step up from AC II. While playing this game I felt like all my complains about the AC II were listened and Brotherhood was made right, even though I played both games in 2016 for the first time :) Not only it is a great game but itself, but it also fixes some things from AC II by going back. From storyline consistency, through graphics to character design, everything significantly improved over AC II. No more horrible textures, game looks very clean, no more major inconsistencies in story and characters finally look good, especially Cristina and Catarina finally look as beautiful as they were described, not like some melted candles like in AC II. Combat a bit too easy but I prefer that over boring and overly long one from AC II. The best AC game I played so far (I played 5 parts so far, to AC III) Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.