Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PC

8.2

1. Nov 28, 2011
    Good game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it moreGood game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it more if ubisoft played around a bit more with the character you adopt in the animus rather than fixating on ezio. Sure he's a great character but I'm getting tired and it's obvious that Revelations will still feature Ezio... when I wish they moved on. Still it's their project and not mine, so it's up to them to deliver what they envisage. Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2011
    User kentMOsabe reported that he experienced 29-30 fps frame rate for this game. IMHO, this game has no frame rate issue whatsoever. With the graphics maxed out, I get 60 fps average on FRAPS with V-Sync on (which is a feature of V-Sync, not a game limitation) and 127 fps average with V-Sync off. My system is I7-2600, GTX 580, 8GB of RAM, 64-bit Windows 7.
    if you are a fan of the AC
    if you are a fan of the AC franchise, this installment will not disappoint you. Note that AC:B combat and graphics are noticeably better than AC2. Also note that there are some rendering issues on the PC version (flickering) and it may disturb you at times
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    I love the whole AC games. assassin's creed brotherhood (ACB) is even better, offers me more open world. I love games which are based on real history. AC or ACB continue to trigger higher attraction. I was addictive to play longer for AC 2 before. without doubt, I will fall into history again, and let me just be Ezio. graphic, environment, story, voice acting.... all these elements workI love the whole AC games. assassin's creed brotherhood (ACB) is even better, offers me more open world. I love games which are based on real history. AC or ACB continue to trigger higher attraction. I was addictive to play longer for AC 2 before. without doubt, I will fall into history again, and let me just be Ezio. graphic, environment, story, voice acting.... all these elements work together to make ACB perfect game. I don't want to talk about detail of story (it will be a spoiler). only one thing what I regret is why ACB PC version is out now after long delay. but it is worthy of every penny. from today I will enjoy the ride of adventure of Ezio again. Expand
  4. Apr 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, I want to clarify that I am playing this on the following hardware (to back up my arguments, just in case there are any doubters out there). Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4ghz, 8gb ddr3 1600 RAM, HD5770x2 crossfire, Win7 Ultimate 64bit. So basically what happens in this game is that the frame rate drops to 29-30fps and it doesn't matter whether it's maxed out or in the absolute lowest settings possible, or in between, or whatever, it's all the same. So what can possibly be wrong with this? as you see by the specs of my PC above, this should not be happening. In other words this is a poorly optimized console port, and it is going to lag terribly on anything below what I just mentioned above (that would suck to have to buy 8gb RAM just to play this game, yikes!). That is why I warn you now, there are no patches or future updates that will fix this issue, EVER. Good luck trying to play it well, if you want to play it with different hardware and you think my hardware is the issue, than you can probably try intel processors and nvidia cards, but as I have heard, the same exact thing happens with those and it doesn't matter anyway. As for myself, I'll just max it out because it's all the same. As for the game itself, its a fun game (for me), but like I said, it may be different for weaker hardware with all the lag, and poor optimization. And if you don't have at least quad core in the 3.0-3.4ghz range or 8gb ram, or an HD5770 Crossfire (the equivalent of a single hd5870, yikes! those are expensive too) than I suggest you skip this game, because according to my observations, that's the kind of hardware you require to play it at the minimal 30fps...OUCH! Expand
  5. May 9, 2011
    Assassin's creed is one of the few modern series,that only "improved" with the sequel.
    this is also true with brotherhood.even though the core gameplay has only had minor changes, the changes that were made do feel awesome.Like taking the offensive in combat,now actually rewards you with brutal attacks, and combined with the existing counter move,can make for epic fights.
    The titular
    The titular Brotherhood is disappointingly enough a negligible asset, they feel more like an additional weapon,rather then a real team, and their biggest use is to cheat you out of an challenge. In the open city of Rome,there are many Storyline missions and once you get far enough in the main storyline, you get a few choices of side quests to do that mix up the experience a bit,like missions with free running or missions that require stealth and reward you with something very awesome..
    and this is just the Singleplayer ! Brotherhood also features a Online Multiplayer Function! so all-in-all,AC:Brotherhood is a fun experience you'll be busy with for quite a while.
  6. CBZ
    Mar 29, 2011
    There are many improvements in AC:B, making the gameplay more fluid and giving a higher variety of missions. Something I noticed is that it goes back to the colorfulness of the first title of the saga, since AC2 had darker and greyer colors and made it a little more depressing for my personal taste.
    The single player campaign is short (i was wondering if i was even half way through when i got to the end) and if im not wrong there are 9 memory sequences. The campaign also lacks of a consistent story, although i really enjoyed it. I didnt find any bugs i can remember.
    The multiplayer is fun and very exciting, although it could get a little repetitive if you overplay it. However there are different types of MP games such as Wanted, Escort, Chests and Alliance that will mix it up a little.

If you are looking just for the single player, i would not pay the full price right now, but if you also want to play some fun online games it might be worth it.
  7. May 24, 2011
    one of the best games I've played, story is really interesting with characters based in real life and the most unique and awesome multiplayer out there thanks to this game I haven't touched uncharted 2 or any other multiplayer game in weeks.
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    Not without the occasional flaws (like a camera that will actively hinder you on some maps) but the improved combat system and extra stuff to break up the routine make this the best game in the series.
  9. Mar 27, 2011
    A potentially great game. The gameplay itself is repetitive, but the "fun" coming with the repetitiveness overlooks this flaw. Graphic is well done, although I have a major comment to make on this game. Its "cutscene character animation" could use more polishing, as it was a little bit too stiff. A good effort though with all the details such as the eyebrows to describe facial expression.A potentially great game. The gameplay itself is repetitive, but the "fun" coming with the repetitiveness overlooks this flaw. Graphic is well done, although I have a major comment to make on this game. Its "cutscene character animation" could use more polishing, as it was a little bit too stiff. A good effort though with all the details such as the eyebrows to describe facial expression. Other graphic elements are well done. I do not dislike the short gameplay time. In fact it's more focused and less biased that way. If the story needs to end, end it.

Alas, this game is still a must-buy and is really fun to play (especially the replay memory feature).
  10. Apr 3, 2011
    I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better . In broterhood is all good of AC 1 and AC 2 and something else . Cristic's say's "story suck's " but i like him . He was full of twists and atmosphere was exciting. Ezio is tough guy and i like him . I won't say crap's its title "must have"
  11. Mar 27, 2011
    Ubisoft has crafted it's best port of an Assassin's Creed game yet. Not only are controls firmer and much easier to understand, but they are also unique and easy to navigate. Unlike the previous ports, there are no random graphical and gameplay bugs and if there were, then I haven't managed to spot them. The Graphics have been superbly optimized, much better than Assassin's Creed 2 on theUbisoft has crafted it's best port of an Assassin's Creed game yet. Not only are controls firmer and much easier to understand, but they are also unique and easy to navigate. Unlike the previous ports, there are no random graphical and gameplay bugs and if there were, then I haven't managed to spot them. The Graphics have been superbly optimized, much better than Assassin's Creed 2 on the PC. Despite their good intentions of deterring pirates, Ubisoft did away with their DRM settings and offered a much easier to use offline mode. Nevertheless, despite initial issues with the game launcher and connection, a quick look at the Ubisoft help page for the game quickly cleared away all my issues. And despite being 3 months late, ACB comes jam packed with all the DLC thus far as well as all the bonus characters and maps, courtesy of the Deluxe edition. Most other elements of the game are running quite like its counterparts of the consoles. While my only complaint thus far is with some further multiplayer connection issues, ACB on the PC is a stunning port, one that often isn't seen these days and any issues I may have with the game I trust Ubisoft will do a great job to fix them. Expand
  12. Jun 2, 2011
    True what they say; AC:B isn't as good as the others. History-wise that is. No doubt that AC2 had a better story ("The Truth" and all that), but that doesn't make this one bad. This however has more replay value than the past 2 games in the franchise, since you have the multiplayer part. And since in our day and age people are so hooked on social networks, like Facebook, this alsoTrue what they say; AC:B isn't as good as the others. History-wise that is. No doubt that AC2 had a better story ("The Truth" and all that), but that doesn't make this one bad. This however has more replay value than the past 2 games in the franchise, since you have the multiplayer part. And since in our day and age people are so hooked on social networks, like Facebook, this also "invades" that. Ubisoft really went all in with this one and I shouldn't be surprised if future AC games will be more and more like this one. In short: Evolution.
    And I for one, can't wait till Ubisoft realeases "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" which maybe will include the one think that this one doesn't have; Co-op. And as promised will tie up all loose ends (...and cliffhangers) from "Assassin's Creed 2" and "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood".
    It will be epic!
  13. Apr 12, 2011
    Very good game. They are making it more and more and more into an rpg but not loosing sight of the action. In general i think is a standard games should have,. TIme and money was invested and a great final product produced, Buy it.
  14. Mar 22, 2011
    Amazing Game. Update to the graphics engine improves so much on the look and feel, auditory sounds in the cities make it so much more lifelike than in the past two games, the HUD has been slimmed down and the optimization of the game is just amazing. New interactions, attacks, items, weapons, city economies, additional parkour elements and a brand new storyline delving deeper into DesmondAmazing Game. Update to the graphics engine improves so much on the look and feel, auditory sounds in the cities make it so much more lifelike than in the past two games, the HUD has been slimmed down and the optimization of the game is just amazing. New interactions, attacks, items, weapons, city economies, additional parkour elements and a brand new storyline delving deeper into Desmond makes this much less an upgrade with the same characters and different storyline, but a fully new game with four times the facets as the previous one.

The multiplayer has been flawless since release day, being able to choose your own character skin and just the simple way to play multiplayer with the quick tutorial is so much fun and before you know it 2 hours have gone by in extreme fun. This was worth my $50 by a long shot.
  15. Mar 25, 2011
    In the days of horrible console ports, ACB gives a sad PC gamer a little hope. True, we had to wait several months for it to come out (like part 2 in the series), but it was more than worth the wait. Consider the alternative. If they would've released this at the same time as the consoles, everyone here would be doing nothing but yelling 'port!' and giving it negative reviews. I'm very,In the days of horrible console ports, ACB gives a sad PC gamer a little hope. True, we had to wait several months for it to come out (like part 2 in the series), but it was more than worth the wait. Consider the alternative. If they would've released this at the same time as the consoles, everyone here would be doing nothing but yelling 'port!' and giving it negative reviews. I'm very, VERY glad Ubisoft took their time and delivered us this game in this state. There's barely any bugs, and if there are any, they can be overlooked. They are not gamebreaking. The graphics are stunning as usual, and I have yet to detect a single drop in FPS. Do note I am playing this game on a PC that is by today's standards considered 'pretty old', yet I am playing this game on max (except for AA settings).
    And also, the aggressive DRM has been removed. I consider it a duty for all PC gamers (especially the ones that are complaining about excessive porting) to go out and buy this game. Reward Ubisoft for their hard work to make this PC version not just good, but the best release! Next to that the game in itself is fantastic as well and worth buying even if it was a crappy port.
    One thing though: I would have given this game a 10, but I detracted one point because I smashed my mouse during one of the jumping puzzles. Automatically adjusting cameras at diagonal angles and keyboard jumping do NOT go well together. That's my only point of real criticism; that I have to go out and buy a new mouse. The scroll wheel's busted.
  16. Mar 30, 2011
    I love this game! ive played 43 hours and cant stop playing. I believe that the actual story needs the carry on a bit more, although a brilliant game overall. Its a real improvement on Assassins Creed 2 and the multiplayer is fantastic. I belive this is a must buy game!
  17. Apr 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed Brotherhood, is a great game. but its too short... just like Assassins Creed I and II its way too short.. the story though is pretty cool, and the "assassin army" i F'n BAD ASS :D the graphics rule but the story mode is too short. MP is awesome, a little disappointing because i thought it was a big open world with assassin stuff, like SP world with other players... but this way MP still KICKS ASS! Expand
  18. Apr 8, 2011
    I've played and finished both AC2 & AC:Brotherhood, just for the comparison... AC:Brotherhood took me less time to finish the story than in AC2. New moves & actions are now available but some new things made me bored like renovating places in Rome, finishing shop quests that will really take heavy loads of time and looting treasures for shop quests (items that are very rare). THE COOL PARTI've played and finished both AC2 & AC:Brotherhood, just for the comparison... AC:Brotherhood took me less time to finish the story than in AC2. New moves & actions are now available but some new things made me bored like renovating places in Rome, finishing shop quests that will really take heavy loads of time and looting treasures for shop quests (items that are very rare). THE COOL PART is you can raise a brotherhood of assassins and send them to missions, give them contracts, and even call for their help when assassinating. In the Uplay website, there is a thing called "actions & rewards" and by doing these actions in the game, you will earn credits and you'll be able to unlock rewards such as the character for multi-player, single-player costumes, etc. The environment looks very nice, and it's somehow near to realistic.The ending will surely tell you whether there will be a next series of AC or not, so buy it now! it's really worth it. In addition, there is a multi-player wherein you'll be needing an internet connection. the concept is about, assassinating each other, testing your assassin skills, blending with other people to cover your identity, etc. You'll be earning experience and level up, unlock new skills and new costume colors. the bad part is... it will take you about 10 minutes just to complete the player slots and start the game but sometimes it's really fast. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is my #1 game :-bd Expand
  19. Apr 8, 2011
    In the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more timeIn the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more time outside the animus, this gives the story a little more diversity; my one major AC 2 complaint was that Desmond's story wasn't as prominent, because I really wanted to hear more about that. The best new feature I loved about AC:B was multiplayer. It's really intense and a great sigh of relief for FPS multiplayer games. Expand
  20. Apr 17, 2011
    Best game ever...I hope the story continues and never ends...I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better .
  21. Apr 23, 2011
    Great Game!! I haven't played a single player game that kept me playing all night since GoldenEye 64. Definitely a must have. One of my top 5 favorites
  22. Apr 27, 2011
    Assassin's creed Brotherhood is a full blown sequel to one of the best examples of evolution in video games. The AC creed series began at the eve of the new generation of consoles and stunned audiences with its unique platforming and free roaming nature. However, the final game although still fantastic, fell short of the high expectations due to repetitiveness, limited combat techniquesAssassin's creed Brotherhood is a full blown sequel to one of the best examples of evolution in video games. The AC creed series began at the eve of the new generation of consoles and stunned audiences with its unique platforming and free roaming nature. However, the final game although still fantastic, fell short of the high expectations due to repetitiveness, limited combat techniques and dumb AI. The sequel AC2 made a tremendous "leap of faith" and reached all expectations with a fantastic scope that redefined the AC series among the greats such as Grand theft auto, Halo and Call of duty. Ezio is a rich character with resolve and motives to energize the player to follow his journey. Everything from the first game had seen an overhaul: Cities were bigger and varied with a lot more lively environment; Combat was gritty and fun; Free-running was sped up and amazing for exploration. Overall, the story matched these improvements and the game ended with a fantastic conclusion leaving the player wanting for more.

As audiences looked forward to a full blown sequel, Ubisoft montreal annouched AC: Brotherhood that picks up right after AC2 in Ezio's shoes. Players were worried about it being AC2.5. But those fears can be put to rest as AC: Brotherhood is a full blown sequel with various improvements over its predecessor with every bit of care and love by the Ubisoft team that propelled the previous game to fame.

Combat is now faster with a Batman-AA -esqe combo system allowing you to lay waste tens of enemies at once. The economic system has been improved increasing the value of money in game. Missions have a lot more variety and progression through the game is tweaked for the better.

Overall, the refinements further bring AC towards being a historic and story-driven cinematic GTA.

I look forward to further instalments in the series and wait eagerly for them to release on the PC.

Varun
  23. May 18, 2011
    Having never played Assassin's Creed before AC:B, I really can't tell this one is s better than the previous ones, but I definitely liked it. Firstly, the story was great and it should have lasted longer, but at least there were enough side missions to keep me occupied for a long time. Secondly, I loved the futuristic vibe the game gave me - even though I spent 85% of it roaming about RomeHaving never played Assassin's Creed before AC:B, I really can't tell this one is s better than the previous ones, but I definitely liked it. Firstly, the story was great and it should have lasted longer, but at least there were enough side missions to keep me occupied for a long time. Secondly, I loved the futuristic vibe the game gave me - even though I spent 85% of it roaming about Rome as Ezio, the atmosphere was so 'high-tech' that I could, ahem... feel Desmond and the others all the time. And finally, that plot twist at the very end? Now I can't wait for the next AC! So, great job, Ubisoft. Well, maybe I should mention that I only recently got into playing games, so I'm not too demanding a gamer, but nonetheless, a 10 for AC:B. Expand
  24. May 17, 2011
    I'm huge fan of AC series too and must say this is another great part. Only bad thing i can think of is game difficulty. With help from your order missions are too easy. Don't think i've died more then 2-3 times for entire game. Other then that perfect game :)
  25. May 19, 2011
    The AC series has yet to let me down! After playing ACB, I await with great frustration for the next game of this franchise. The story keeps building up with great intrigue surrounding the modern day assassins.
  26. May 28, 2011
    Easily one of...if not the best games made by Ubisoft , they really have captured ancient Rome and make you feel like you are apart of the vast community within the ACB world, with improvement to the way you fight the way you move and of course the all new ability to train assassins and be more interactive beyond the story is fantastic, only complaint i would have is that the story is tooEasily one of...if not the best games made by Ubisoft , they really have captured ancient Rome and make you feel like you are apart of the vast community within the ACB world, with improvement to the way you fight the way you move and of course the all new ability to train assassins and be more interactive beyond the story is fantastic, only complaint i would have is that the story is too short, without playing the side missions or collectables, you will easily see this game finished in 3 days for the story, i do not get why people are comparing this to the console version, i have seen both versions and the console version lacks in graphics and noticeably less people walking around the streets, and possibly if there were any glitches they have certainly been patched out on steam, i have the game 89% complete and have never crashed or experienced 1 glitch, another thing i would like to see when ACR comes out is a longer story, a lot more side missions and maybe as they have shown with the "Leonardos disappearance" add on story, that maybe players can download the new missions or contracts to keep the game alive.

PC >> Graphics :10

Gameplay : 10
    Audio : 10
    Gamelife 8
  27. Aug 31, 2013
    Almost perfect. Great graphics (PC), meaty and satisfactory combat (awesome finishers!), very good gameplay mechanics and an interesting story. I really enjoyed this one!
  28. Jun 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brotherhood is great game, ,much assassinations and other fun stuff, great story... But graphics aren't even a bit better, so it looks little old. Also there is a one bug while climbing Colosseum I merged with wall. It looked funny, but starting mission from beginning wasn't funny. But game is great, awesome, long and just best Assassin's Creed ever! Expand
  29. Oct 1, 2011
    it is very good.my first game of assassin series.keeps u involvee for hours.though it a graphic demanding game it also runs on medium system.as my 512 mb gt210 handles it well
  30. Jul 22, 2011
    Great storyline and general gameplay makes the game a "must have" in everyone's collection. Unfortunately tough, the battles are very easy and you seem to be able to defeat houndreds of enemies without much trouble if you played AC2. Another bad point is in the Multiplayer mode. Although the idea was great and the execution fine, you will find it very hard to play with your friends online.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.