- Summary: The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history. [Ubisoft]… Expand
Assassin's Creed is a feast for the eyes. The views are breathtaking, and Altair moves smoothly through the Orient. For all its great setting and dialogues, the game is not as good as it could be and should be -- gameplay is repetetive and rather predictable. But it's good enough to have a few hours of fun.
The pc version of Assassin's creed is a bit better then the console version. With its extra missions the game has become less 'repeatable'. The gameplay isn't bad but also can't really blow us away. Assassin's creed is more then just a simple game, it's a game you need to experience. Assassin's Creed is also a glimpse of what we might expect from games in the future.
Nov 29, 2013Personally I love the Assassins Creed series. The story is great and is full of excitement and depth. I prefer Assassins Creed over the other games in the series. This game has a very good story line to it and i recommend playing it if you like stealth and assassinating games then this is the game for you. The story has a big twist at the end of it which keeps you on you feet. The end of the game really shows you about the continuing story from Assassin's Creed & Assassin's Creed II via Desmond Miles. Although this is a great game i cannot deny that there are some problems in the gameplay. For example there are a few bugs that get annoying in the storyline, the fighting also has problems and the occasional glitch. But overall its a great game and i recommended it to those who love these types of games.
This is AssassinReviews,
Thanks for reading :D… Expand
Mar 22, 2014Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition) consists of a small variation of different elements that helped build the franchise's foundation and success.
It somewhat fufilled it's role as a "historical adventure, open-world game", but unfortunately leaves out the "stealth" aspect away in the dirt.
Here's a list of pros and cons from my 16 hours of experience with the game:
+ Great looking graphics for a 2007/2008 game
+ Game mechanics isn't really choppy, although the character sometimes get stucked in foliages and invisible floors/walls, but other than that, it still gets the job done, decently.
+ Detailed character modelling, costumes are looks realistic and well-detailed.
+ Missions usually relate to the plot directly, no twist and turns around a corner or two.
+ Plot was intriguing and epic.
+ At least 16-18 hours of non-stop gameplay spent completing just on the story.
- Repetitive mission types, lacks creativity.
- Artificial Intelligence coding feels half-assed, e.g. enemy A.I falling off buildings, not retaliating frequently to attacks, not noticing "stealth assassinations" when closeby.
- Side missions (or known as "memories") are completely useless and takes a long time to complete.
- Game stablility issues. E.g. unable to start the game, game crashing frequently.
- Checkpoints feels non-existent.
- Stealth doesn't really work all that well in this game.
- Cliffhanger ending was disappointing. Adruptly ended with poor execution methods.
To sum it up, this game is worth a shot at. I did enjoy this game a ton during the 16 hours of playtime. Good way to start up the storyline of the series to the future games.… Expand
Mar 1, 2014Now that's different. An open world that looks like the middle east in history. I liked the atmosphere. The buildings, dresses, horses and sword fights. And I really enjoyed jumping on rooftops and doing parkour stuff. The control is good. It gives a great experience. But the story was too boring. And this affected the game significantly. I was hardly playing that game and hoping for a change. But the Muallim is such dull man. He keeps giving me the same mission every time I accomplished one.… Expand
Aug 12, 2010This game is mediocore at most. The combat system is repetitive, and the assassinations are surprisingly linear. All that is fun to do is basically the free-running, and even that gets boring at sometime. I like the concept, but it is just too repetitive to be a good game.… Expand
Sep 10, 2013This game is the worst disappointment I had in 20 years of gaming, also for all the hype around the series. The first 2 hours are great. Then it's just the same over and over again and you can't wait to complete it and get rid of it.
- graphics are great, considering how old it is.
-The cities are beautiful and interesting.
- The story is ok. Nothing special though.
- controls with mouse and keyboard are plain terrible. Just do you a favour and play with a gamepad.
- The game is REPETITIVE as hell. You do stupid tasks over and over again.
- Combat is boring, frustrating without being challenging. You have 2/3 moves in total and always have to deal with large groups. Assassin style.
- The game is more linear than Virtua Cop. Complete absence of any freedom in the storyline. There is some free roaming, but there is no reason to waste time picking up flags around.
- Hours of cinematics, and you can't skip them even if you have to replay some mission
You are an assassin. A deadly assassin. That's why the last hour of gameplay you will roleplay as a Barbarian and fight some 100 enemies in groups of 10.… Expand