7.5

1. joesphb.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I had a fun time playing it the the graphics are the best . I like ho u can steal everyons pen thing and go on the computer. My overall sayin is vantastic
  2. TimE.
    May 4, 2008
    This game is awesome! It's very funny and the graphics are insane. The gameplay reminds me a bit of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, all this interacting with the NPCs is very cool. The story is great, too.
  3. AlexR.
    May 9, 2008
    This game is ridiculously fun all you do is run around and kill people it is repetitive because your an assassin and all your job to do is to kill people and THAT my friend is what makes this video game so awesome and addictive. Some people may get bored of this but it is one of the reasons I play video games. I LOVE IT!!!
  4. DustinG.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Great story. Amazing graphics. Combat system might have one or two flaws but still overall awesome!
  5. MooMan
    Apr 14, 2008
    It has some bugs but I think its fun other than you can dodge in a corner.
  6. BrianS.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Fluid game play, awesome graphics, great story. Exciting, fun to play, a little repetitive....but worth playing.
  7. DavidD.
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have had a blast and then some with this game. AMAZING!
  8. JalexD.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Okay, I do wish that there was even more variety in the gameplay, even if it meant delaying this version some. But, I already loved the console version and the PC version does no harm to the original. It merely adds to it and that can only be a good thing. So, if you loved the game (not just liked it or thought it was 'okay') or haven't played it yet and think it looks Okay, I do wish that there was even more variety in the gameplay, even if it meant delaying this version some. But, I already loved the console version and the PC version does no harm to the original. It merely adds to it and that can only be a good thing. So, if you loved the game (not just liked it or thought it was 'okay') or haven't played it yet and think it looks good, this is a must-buy expansion to a classic game. Expand
  9. MateoG.
    Mar 12, 2008
    this game redefines what it means to be logical, unique and intense and wraps it all into a great game, Graphics (9) - beautiful life-like textures and details, the movements of all the characters seem to flow evenly throughout moving through the city, the physics combines movement with rag doll-like effects making the play experience almost realistic. though the faces of the players this game redefines what it means to be logical, unique and intense and wraps it all into a great game, Graphics (9) - beautiful life-like textures and details, the movements of all the characters seem to flow evenly throughout moving through the city, the physics combines movement with rag doll-like effects making the play experience almost realistic. though the faces of the players wernt top notch as in other games, the one thing that annoyed me the most was the post-prossesing of the game, or when the objects loaded. if you were riding a horse or running through ought the rooftops, it would be almost inevitable that you would see a object load up on screen. once is fine, but this game does it too much, otherwise, this is eye candy. AI (8) - Characters in this game ( if not disturbed ) are the closest thing to real as any game can get. but if you walk in front, not using any force or anything, it would almost be guaranteed that you would get a comment either about you being a "stranger" or you being "crazy". and when you kill assassinate, the same repetitive remarks of " who would have done this!" or " get the guards" gets a little annoying, buy it doesn't ruin the over-all game experience. Sound (10) - have you ever been in a shopping mall and herd the scuffing of the feet and the whispers of the people around you and the laughter somewhere far away? This game is just like that, showing SFX and music at its best in a game. almost everyone and everything makes a perfect life-like sound. Though the voices of the characters repeat once in a while, there is such a variety that you just don't notice. Story (9) - One of the most unique story lines in any game i have ever seen. to not spoil the fun, dreams is all I will tell you, the cut scenes may get annoying if you like the main game play, if you like getting deep into a story, this games for you. Overall (10) great graphics, great sounds, great characters, great story. Top notch game, I recommend it for everyone! Expand
  10. NoahE.
    Apr 15, 2008
    I give it a 10 because I feel that this games depth and volume more than make up for the minor rough patches. However you will want to get a controller to play it. It allows for smoother gameplay and better control of the character. It isn't perfect, first off your going to need an up to date PC to run the thing and the loud in game sounds can become distorted(although that might be I give it a 10 because I feel that this games depth and volume more than make up for the minor rough patches. However you will want to get a controller to play it. It allows for smoother gameplay and better control of the character. It isn't perfect, first off your going to need an up to date PC to run the thing and the loud in game sounds can become distorted(although that might be due to my headphones rather than the game itself). Over all the game is deep realistic with a large and detailed world populated with individual people rather than a few generic character types. Altier moves like a flowing river, his every move looks realistic while still allowing you to direct him any way you wish. You feel that you are controlling a real person whose every move is the same as it would if you were there in person. If you already have the Xbox version then your not missing out on anything but if your PC is riding solo then this game is worth a look. If you happen to buy a copy then make sure to take your time playing it. If you try to play it to quickly then it will seem repetitive. Take your time and enjoy it for what it really is, a very well designed game(except for the unskipable cut scenes). Expand
  11. RobertB.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Best conspiracy game since Deus Ex!! Can't wait for more.
  12. PlamenN.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Unique gameplay - easy and exciting! Perfect graphics, interesting storyline.
  13. FranM
    May 17, 2008
    I can say that the gameplay is repetative, but its been too long that a game has had this great a story. Not ever have I seen such a wonderful collaboration between past present and future foreshadowing in the gaming history. The sequel will be all the sweeter.
  14. JungleN.
    Aug 10, 2008
    Rarely do I rate graphics above gameplay but they are simply mindblowing in this game. Stunningly rendered detail that makes up for any lack of gaming depth and to those who said the control was a bit too simplistic - it might be but there's no way they could have rendered such classy moves without making it impossible to learn. Maybe a bit 'samey' but I can't get enough.
  15. JohnC
    May 30, 2009
    Love the game. Kind of reminds me a little of the prince of persia trilogy mixed with a good sand box game like GTA. Great graphics, weird but entertaining story, fun gameplay, cool acrobatics, and plenty of fun objectives all in a pretty large open world.
  16. Ralph
    Jun 22, 2009
    It's one of the best games I have ever played in my life. Amazing graphics, amazing story, amazing gameplay. I loved it, and I hope you will love it too.
  17. JamesM
    Jul 10, 2009
    I loved this game! It's my favorite computer game of all time, I think.Sneaking up on people, quietly stabbing them, and then calmly walking away...lol It's just an all around fun game, good story (so far), fun game play, though the controls still give me a hard time, sometimes. All around... Amazing! 10!:)
  18. LisaF.
    Apr 26, 2008
    More bang for the buck. If you waited to play this gem you really should pick up the director's cut right now. It's got more missions and costs less than the console versions of the game, a nice gift to us PC users who had to wait longer to see the game released.
  19. HarryC.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Feared, respected, deadly. This game makes me feel dangerous. Playing the main character is so immersing in this one that you will thrill to stalking your victims, feel the terror of being hotly pursued or just feel plain MEAN when fighting your way out of a sticky situation. I love this game, I can't wait until part 2 of this trilogy come out.
  20. NateJ.
    May 31, 2008
    A wonderful and beautiful game. The graphics, the story, and the combat are top notch. I know some find the side missions repetitive, but I found out that I don't mind them at all. A must play indeed.
  21. OakleyP
    Dec 12, 2009
    Best game I have ever played on the PC. If you like any kind of Assassin or stealth games, this is for you!
  22. Mar 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Those guys who gaves scores below 5 they didn't even finished the game.. The reason? they say ots bad ported, bugs, lag...
    Well hello, if you want to play a mans game, then buy a dam **** mans PC...
    Assassins creed was th best game ever released, thank GOD somebody had the idea releasing such a beautiful game, thnak you.. The game is PERFECT. There are some repetitive missions but killing people is repetitive too isn't?? Every game has to be repetitive with something.. I enjoyed the game and i bought Assassins Creed 2 6 month later and now i bought assassins Creed Brotherhood and i already completed it... Dam, thats what i call a Game!!! Assassins Creed for Ever!!!
  23. Jun 8, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played, and much better then the second.This game is full of action, semi liinear (You may need to do the storyline to unlick certain things, which is pretty common, such as areas and items) VERY underated, should be at least an 8.6 or higher.The repetetive part of the game is veiw points when you first enter the city.Many beleive the investigationsOne of the best games I have ever played, and much better then the second.This game is full of action, semi liinear (You may need to do the storyline to unlick certain things, which is pretty common, such as areas and items) VERY underated, should be at least an 8.6 or higher.The repetetive part of the game is veiw points when you first enter the city.Many beleive the investigations repetetive, but this is fixed with the director's cut.A must have. Expand
  24. Sep 11, 2012
    Assassin's Creed İs Getting You Back To 1191 So İts A Rare Game.Map İs Very Big.Cities Are Very Big.Atmosphere is Good. Graphics are Very Good For 2008.And Assassinating Someone İs Enjoyable.You Can Climb Everywhere So İts Enjoyable Game.
  25. Nov 29, 2013
    Personally I love the Assassins Creed series. The story is great and is full of excitement and depth. I prefer Assassins Creed over the other games in the series. This game has a very good story line to it and i recommend playing it if you like stealth and assassinating games then this is the game for you. The story has a big twist at the end of it which keeps you on you feet. The end ofPersonally I love the Assassins Creed series. The story is great and is full of excitement and depth. I prefer Assassins Creed over the other games in the series. This game has a very good story line to it and i recommend playing it if you like stealth and assassinating games then this is the game for you. The story has a big twist at the end of it which keeps you on you feet. The end of the game really shows you about the continuing story from Assassin's Creed & Assassin's Creed II via Desmond Miles. Although this is a great game i cannot deny that there are some problems in the gameplay. For example there are a few bugs that get annoying in the storyline, the fighting also has problems and the occasional glitch. But overall its a great game and i recommended it to those who love these types of games.

This is AssassinReviews,
    Thanks for reading :D
  26. IanK
    Jan 1, 2010
    good game overall, i played it on the xbox 360 at my friend's a couple times and it was GREAT! I absolutly loved it! Graphics were amazing, gameplay was semi-repetative but think thats possibly what an 12th century assassin had to do. deep story line very fun to play. The reason i played this the first time was to see if i could get any ideas for free running ie. parkour, and was good game overall, i played it on the xbox 360 at my friend's a couple times and it was GREAT! I absolutly loved it! Graphics were amazing, gameplay was semi-repetative but think thats possibly what an 12th century assassin had to do. deep story line very fun to play. The reason i played this the first time was to see if i could get any ideas for free running ie. parkour, and was shown so much more then i was hoping for, I was sucked into the story and couldnt walk away. GREAT GAME! Expand
  27. BrianS
    Aug 3, 2008
    This game was very fun. Great story and graphics and the combat can be challenging as well. I would like everyone that complains about the controls to read the reccomended specs for this game.. Yes a xbox360 gamepad makes all the difference in the world when playing this game and I highly reccomend everyone picking up a gamepad if they buy this game.
  28. NDrakesden
    Apr 12, 2009
    I think this is a fantastic game, especially if you go into it keeping in mind the criticisms others have had, but also remembering the first time you heard or saw anything about the game in previews. The way you get around and interact with the world is ingenious. There are a limited number of things you can do in a very large world, but you do those things incredibly well--the way a I think this is a fantastic game, especially if you go into it keeping in mind the criticisms others have had, but also remembering the first time you heard or saw anything about the game in previews. The way you get around and interact with the world is ingenious. There are a limited number of things you can do in a very large world, but you do those things incredibly well--the way a master assassin would. The game itself is gorgeous; you just have to remind yourself to look around when you're jumping from the top spire of a gigantic cathedral, or jumping over the Dome of the Rock. Combat can get deadening if you let it; but if you try new strategies (like drawing opponents into side streets by throwing a dagger) you can keep it interesting for a long time. I'm starting my second round through (on a much more powerful computer than my first time) and am finding it very entertaining--even the story grows on you--just don't let yourself get tied down by the less interesting elements, such as the flag "achievements," and when something gets repetitive, find another way to do it. Expand
  29. Dool
    Jan 10, 2008
    Amazing graphics of course, it reminds me of the prince of persia series. especially the fact that unlike the Prince of Persia series, your free to run jump and face plant 6 stories down and the worst thing that will happen to you is you will get booted back to the future. the one thing i dont get is if your running around on your hores in the countryside the guards tweak and all think Amazing graphics of course, it reminds me of the prince of persia series. especially the fact that unlike the Prince of Persia series, your free to run jump and face plant 6 stories down and the worst thing that will happen to you is you will get booted back to the future. the one thing i dont get is if your running around on your hores in the countryside the guards tweak and all think your up to no good, but if you hold down a button that makes you walk slightly slower, all is well. But I really did like Assians Creed, even when it did shit all over itself but its something new and different. Expand
  30. MikeK.
    Apr 13, 2008
    A wonderful game that has a new twist on the classic "Stealth Action Game"... the ability to hide in plain site. A few technical glitches such as the rediculous menu system or the tedious Desmond Miles scenes hold this game back from being a classic. It seems that many professional critics have rated this game based on the quality of the port to PC rather than the game itself, which is A wonderful game that has a new twist on the classic "Stealth Action Game"... the ability to hide in plain site. A few technical glitches such as the rediculous menu system or the tedious Desmond Miles scenes hold this game back from being a classic. It seems that many professional critics have rated this game based on the quality of the port to PC rather than the game itself, which is both ridiculous and unfair. Which is ultimately holding the meta-score score down. Expand

1. PC Format
    Playing as gaming's most agile character is joyous, which outweighs the lengthy cutscenes and disappointing final hour. [Apr 2008, p.38]
  2. Assassin’s Creed for the PC is a pretty compelling action game that benefits from huge environments and an interesting story. While the main campaign can get a bit repetitive, the new Director’s Cut features add some nice variety.
    What you're left with is a repetitive side-quest requirement for completing each primary mission, though the issue is alleviated somewhat with the PC version's additional content.