- Summary: Assetto Corsa is a new PC-based racing game for Windows, expected to be released in 2012. Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments. Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.… Expand
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Nov 14, 2013I've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their own charm. Assetto Corsa raise the bar by providing the fun of Live for Speed, the moduling of rFactor, the laser scanned tracks of Iracing with the career mode of any AAA racing game on consoles. Most of these features are not in the game yet as the early release is of course Beta which means you get the game without all it's final feature earlier at a discount price. Did I mentionned AC have a license for Ferrari cars? Plenty of games in the past had Ferraris and high brands but this is the very first time I actually have the feeling of driving one of these cars. You can play the game using a gamepad (with thumbstick!) but for the most immersive feeling, a proper wheel is highly recommended. You might see some people online bashing the game without even trying it. Most of these trolls are fanboys of other racing games and simply cannot accept than something much more realistic does exist. Don't listen to them, give it a try yourself. This is a must buy for any serious simulation fan. I hope this review helped you a little… Expand
Nov 16, 2013ISI might as well give up developing rFactor 2. Even after 5 more years they couldn't match what Assetto Corsa has already done in Early Access. The User Interface alone makes rFactor look like Super Puke Brothers on the NES. rFactor 2 is not available on Steam, uses an ancient renderer and is years behind schedule. ISI do a very poor job of advertising and nobody even knows what rFactor is. But if your graphics card can only handle DX9, you will have to settle for that.
Assetto Corsa will be the leading racing simulation for years to come.… Expand
Nov 16, 2013This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.
Assetto Corsa truly woke up the racing desire in me! One would say AC has good points but ignores others. I am amazed that Kunos managed to really make an almost perfect racing sim for PC!
Right now it's EARLY ACCESS BETA. But they stated that when the game goes FINAL and beyond, they will finalize AI, multiplayer, add damage model features, a career mode and some other exclusive contents.
Anyway what i liked in Assetto Corsa :
- overall great controls for a racing simulator game. These italian guys use exact vehicle data from car makers such as Ferrari, Lotus, Pagani, BMW, you name it. Handling data files are even encrypted as requested by car makers. So it's 100% guaranteed that the car you drive, will behave the same as the real life car.
- the graphics are simply amazing! car models/interiors are on par with Forza 4 or GT5. The scenery looks great too.
- good optimization. The game runs and looks great on medium PC's.
- the sound design is sweet. From the car engines, the tires, the exhaust pipe back, the wind while going at high speeds, to the little rocks hitting the car body when going of-course. Very good job on the sound too.
- developers stated that they will continue to support this game with DLC´s years from now on.
- laser technology scanned tracks which is the most authentic method for making a track in-game.
- TRACK IR support
- Oculus Rift support
- replays support
- Forza showroom mode like
- and probably the best feature. MODS SUPPORT! people already started making their own car models, car skins, sounds, UI modifications, even new tracks for AC, you name it. (Not to mention they can simply import other cars from other games). So dont be surprised if one day you will see a car from Forza 4 added to Assetto Corsa by the modding community.
Finally a PC racing sim that caught my attention. No wonder the developers said they had a great launch on Steam. The game is simply superb. Thank you Kunos for releasing Assetto Corsa for PC! looking forward … Expand
Nov 19, 20139 scores for the current stage, and there's a huge space of improvement that still could be done. Do not trust the steam discussion sections, there are plenty and pretty significant amount of players don't even know what a driving simulator is and whining about everything. AC is a very good title, and will probably lead the simulator market to the next level. Along with another title, ProjectCARS, they would start a new war like the war between COD and Battlefield.… Expand