AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. SilasCalzas
    Nov 6, 2008
    i dont really understand why everyone rates this game skyhigh. i couldnt help but getting the impression, i'm watching at a screensaver from itunes or winamp. for the game itself the music is barely necessary. it is like you're playing tetris with your mp3-library as backround music. if you want to play a music-puzzlegame i recommend amplitude or or even frequency, but this gamei dont really understand why everyone rates this game skyhigh. i couldnt help but getting the impression, i'm watching at a screensaver from itunes or winamp. for the game itself the music is barely necessary. it is like you're playing tetris with your mp3-library as backround music. if you want to play a music-puzzlegame i recommend amplitude or or even frequency, but this game is definitely not worth the money or the time spend on playing it. Expand
  2. A.R.
    Apr 3, 2008
    Fresh, ingenious gameplay? Did we play the same game? It's an uninspired falling block game combined with a buggy beat-detecting media player. It's cute, but it's not awesome - even per dollar spent.
  3. RomanH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    Yes, nice idea ... but this is NOT A GAME! It's an interactive screensaver, which i can download for free from all over the internet. Charging money for this "media player module with attached online ranking" is ridiculous. Portal ... man, THAT was something entertaining. Because it was A GAME!
  4. JacobS.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Yeah...it's ohkay. It's just not that fun. You start it up and you wonder, "Why did I pay for this?" It's like Guitar Hero...with worse controls and terrible syncing. It took my music...and basically randomly arranged notes. Yeah, it went with the beat, but it didn't scale with the notes at ALL! It was just plain terrible. I was expecting Frets on Fire, but got Yeah...it's ohkay. It's just not that fun. You start it up and you wonder, "Why did I pay for this?" It's like Guitar Hero...with worse controls and terrible syncing. It took my music...and basically randomly arranged notes. Yeah, it went with the beat, but it didn't scale with the notes at ALL! It was just plain terrible. I was expecting Frets on Fire, but got something a lot worse. I wish Steam gave refunds. Collapse
  5. Oct 26, 2010
    Not very imaginative - there are better games out now, this one is a bit stale and does not measure up to traditional standards and performance of game play that I would associate with an enjoyable game. Save your time and money.
  6. PolarniM.
    Mar 6, 2008
    This game actually has no real point. you drive and along with the music you choose... synchronization with it is there, but it's not absolute to be worthy enough since there is no goal to this. it's so generic and meaningless sometimes... that I can't give it more than 3/10.
  7. BetoS.
    Feb 29, 2008
    IT was so boring! it should be a freeware not worth $10 bucks.
  8. Oct 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A bit boring really but there are better rhythm action games out on the market now. I agree with what a lot of other people are saying that it looks just like Guitar Hero, not a lot of thought gone into that - I canâ Expand
  9. Oct 18, 2010
    Was told to play this gameâ
  10. Dec 2, 2011
    A fun and relaxing way to make listening to music interactive. But other than that, there is a complete lack of innovation. I recommend turning iTunes on in the background and playing something else.
  11. Jan 4, 2011
    No no no no no. Guitar Hero without the guitar, so a lot less fun, OBVIOUSLY. Once you have played it a few times the backgrounds get a little boring to watch with no actual end goal.
  12. May 3, 2013
    Just for being a Steam-only game.
    Just for being a Steam-only game.
    I bought this years ago, before I made many bad experiences with Steam. Had a lot of fun with it and would have played it for countless hours for sure. But of course, instead of releasing some version free of that virus called Steam down the line, instead the developers basically tell people who don't want to use Steam you" on their forums. Well you in return then! One should actually sue game companies who only release Steam-exclusive games for not holding up their end of the deal of delivering the actual game. Because when you rely on a platform where you know that people cannot count on getting what they paid for, it virtually amounts to fraud.
    Plus, there are basically NO efforts to fix essential problems with the game. If you browse the forums, you'll often find comments like "Yeah, it's a known issue" or "It's been discussed to death". There is obviously no willingness to address issues and threads simply get locked.
  13. Jan 30, 2013
    Audiosurf is definently a casual game. It has no real purpose or what to achieve, but worldwide stats make this more enjoyable. Most enjoyable when just want to listen to music loud and surf with the beat.
  14. Oct 2, 2011
    It's a decent game and works with any song, but playing as any class other than mono can be a bit hectic and confusing. After a few songs it gets really boring and repetitive. It's not at all addicting, and not actually fun. 85 critic and 9.2 user is way overrated, but the concept of it isn't bad.
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    I really loved this until Beat Hazard came out and I realized how dated it felt. The menus are still in 4:3 aspect ratio in 1920x1080 rez and there's been no updates for years outside of "Audiosurf Radio" playlist changes. Pick up Beat Hazard instead if you're looking for a rhythm game on Steam.
  16. Dec 7, 2012
    也许它的音乐分析能力非常强大,但是游戏机制上是通过接触和躲避彩色方块来进行,结合了方块消除游戏的规也许它的音乐分析能力非常强大,但是游戏机制上是通过接触和躲避彩色方块来进行,结合了方块消除游戏的规则,容易让人手忙脚乱,从而缺失了传统音乐游戏中的节奏感和产生无错连击时的爽快感。因此,我认为它不能称为一个好游戏,而只能算作带娱乐功能的单曲音乐播放器。 Expand
  17. Jul 23, 2013
    The Idea is great: Experiencing music more intense while actually playing the song. Game speed adapts wonderfully to the music.
    But there are nine bad game modes instead of a single good one. Two game modes are boring. The others are totally complicated.
    If you want to play with a friend one will have to play with mouse and the other with a controller. The problem is that controllers can't compete with mouse.
    Sadly the lack of elementary functions like the ones above ruin the game.

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.