8.8

1. AndersN.
    Mar 8, 2008
    The game is pretty good, but they should have added more gamemodes than there currently is to get a 10 from my side. Another feature the game needs is profiles so you could see which songs you're friends have played instead of only seeing the highscore list. The game is rather addictive if you like music so you keep coming back for more.
  2. Athanar
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are a few minor bugs (specifically, clicking in the background as you log in) but they're nothing that takes the fun out of the game, and can easily be worked out in the future. (And do not cause problems in the meantime.) For $10, I would recommend this game to anyone who likes music and can afford it. Expand
  3. BrandonP.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Amazing game. This is one of the few games in my library I can pick up again and again, and know that far into the future it'll still be getting some serious playtime. And if I hear one more person try to classify this as a "guitar hero clone" I'm gonna freak...
  4. JimS
    Jul 17, 2009
    Wonderfully addicting, intuitive gameplay that appeals to everyone who isn't easily susceptible to motion-sickness. Rating at an 8 since this simple game runs much heavier than it needs to, but for the price and broad appeal it simply cannot be beat.
  5. BlakeB
    Mar 19, 2008
    Brilliant.
  6. ChrisJ
    Jul 27, 2009
    great game, simple, lets you do something while listening to music, can entertain for hours
  7. May 29, 2012
    Get it on sale if you can, but honestly I just got it at full price, and I'd probably gladly pay double. This game is more addictive than crack (but a lot cheaper). And as a bonus, you can link it to last.fm to scrobble.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    The ultimate casual game. Playing to your own music, your scores are entered to international leader boards. There's nothing more satisfying than getting the number one score on a track, knowing that you played better than anyone else in the world. Except perhaps the satisfaction of beating a friend's score, knowing that they'll receive an email advising them of the fact.

Initially you

Initially you can play with the "casual" characters, which provide a nice, relaxed way to learn the ropes, or simply a new way to enjoy your favourite music. As you improve there are increasingly difficult levels to test your skills.

There is a lot of depth here for those willing to find it. Especially if you have a number of friends playing the game to compete against.
  9. Mar 1, 2012
    If you have the Money and like your Music, I'd suggest buying this. It has quite a few different modes to play, including Multiplayer, Looks great, and most importantly, it makes the levels to your music very well! Slow songs makes a slow level, Faster songs makes a Fast and Hard Level! Overall it's a nice Casual game that can be what you make of it.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    I love this game, its so fun and so relaxing! The game also works good with the music. If you like listening to music, then just buy this game, its DEFINITLY worth the 10 bucks.
  11. OlleY.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Best "music" game ever made. Especially cool that you can pick you own tracks!
  12. MurphStar
    Mar 21, 2008
    With 4000 songs in my music collection, I'll be playing this game for a month regularly.
  13. YukuaiI.
    Mar 6, 2008
    A game that make me crazy, a very fun game!
  14. ArdithM.
    Apr 29, 2008
    I love this. Best chillout game ever. So insanely addictive too!
  15. AshU
    May 20, 2008
    It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it appears that when you saw AudioSurf, you expected a game with an awesome storyline and physics engine better than Source. Expand
  16. RandallH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    It is just a game I can see myself coming back to years from now. And for how cheep it is, you would be a idiot not to get it, the possibilities are endless. With new songs coming out EVERY WEEK, this game will always be in use!
  17. WiltonJ>
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game kicks open the door for the future interaction of Music and Game.
  18. TomS.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game. Nothing beats the sensation of "riding" your favorite songs. A must have! Especially for $10!
  19. Maciej
    Mar 1, 2008
    Good game, I've purchased the full version, but it's getting boring quite fast. Anyway worth the price.
  20. ShadowHawk81
    Mar 20, 2008
    This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will want to collect as many hot colors as you can (red, yellow) and sometimes avoid those gray blocks. It's a real fun challenge, and you can listen to your favorite music at the samw time. I prefer anything with a good beat, techno, industrial, industrial core, Vavle tracks, etc. For a game that is a almost futuristic recer techno and industrial seem to fit it best. But Heavy Metal could probably be a lot of fun too. Maybe soem Opeth. Man I'm thinking about trying some classical Bethoveen or Bach too. Classical Thunder maybe. Expand
  21. JasonM.
    Mar 2, 2008
    More fun than such a simple game should be.
  22. StuartS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Ingenious idea, addictive game play. All for less than 10 dollars. Ignore the naysayers and guitar hero fan boys, this game is where it is at!
  23. CJSmith
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is, hands down, the most fun/addicting game I have ever played.
  24. NicolaiP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Great game indeed! Audiosurf just has so many game modes and possibilities, that everytime you play it, it's an all new experience! The fact that you can use your own music, a multiplayer mode, and an online highscore just adds more to it! That is what raises this game from mediocre to simply genius! Definately one of the best casual games of this decade.
  25. KrisB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game deserves all the hype it gets, perfectly priced casual gaming genius. Reminscent of F-Zero and Klax.
  26. Funkeystu
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a perfect experience and makes you look at songs in a whole new way. It's not directly comparable to any games I've played before and I probably view it probably fits outside my standard definition of "game", but its a truly great way to kick back and listen to music - at $10 its a top buy!
  27. AliR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Best free time game EVER! I loved how you can choose your own music and it makes the game different! Every single song you play makes the game so different that you will never get tired of it! If you like free time games I would buy this game Immediately! (P.S. I think it beats Peggle by a long shot!)
  28. [anonymous]
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think this game is really awesome and it's addictiveness is just asking for perfection each time you play your favorite music track. but one thing annoys me about it though since I bought this I have had no time for counter strike or guitar hero.
  29. JAcobB.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Excellent game. Great for waiting at the airport if you listen to music there. Addicting.
  30. Izzythecubemaster
    Jan 1, 2010
    it, unlike any other music playing game, atomatically generates notes to ride on without you having to make them yourself.

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.