5.5

1. Jun 21, 2012
    A stunning game-- no doubt about it. The art style compliments its gory features; the gameplay is well exercised by fun puzzles; its entertainment value is unmatched. I recommend it to everyone of all ages.
  2. Apr 16, 2011
    These rats are unbelievably bad! This game will expand your mind in ways that you would never otherwise think possible. Bad rats is a complete entertainment package that will NOT disappoint.
  3. Dec 31, 2012
    I can only hope that the previous reviews were jokes. This game is horrible. The story, graphics, concept, are all wretched. The attemptively violent graphics prove once again, that blood does not make a good game.
  4. Aug 8, 2012
    These rats love a few things. What are those things? Well, look at their tattoos! Mom, cheese, Lucy Liu's face. I don't know about you, but I would not get a tattoo of Lucy Liu's face on my face, covering it just perfectly so that it looks like I have transformed into some weird unflinching Lucy Liu zombie! A tattoo of a hairy mole somewhere where I might have a hairy mole could be very humorous. Maybe I could even get a tattoo of a big, hairy mole right next to a big, hairy mole on my arm or my something and whip it out and parties and have people try to guess which one is real. That would have to be a pretty realistic tattoo, though, or the game would not be much fun! To sum up, Bad Rats might be a video game, or it might be something totally unrelated, like a clown car driven by thousands of little green army men. Beef Jerky. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    For a long time I was looking for a game that would fulfill my need for more Incredible Machine, and Bad Rats is that game, and more! Charming puzzle game where you have to find solution by placing a variety of colorful rat characters and the main thing is you'll have a blast while doing it! But this game is by no means a kids' game, as it features rather graphic cat killings. Truly this is a game for the adult gamers who demand excellent games with mature themes. Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2013
    This really is a very bad game, almost everything about it was bad. Graphics, story, concept, game-play. Everything, but i got it for 50 cents on a steam sale so there really is nothing to complain about. I recommend you do not get this game full price, but if the game is ever on sale again for 50 cents buy it, its worth the try for 50 cents.
  7. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is a cancer in the Steam game library. It is bland beyond relief. The maps are absolutely disgusting, and make me want to vomit. The physics are terrible, and objects tend to get stuck in the floor. The music is generic stock music, and the sounds are terrible.

Let's talk about the physics. For this type of game, physics are supposed to be the best aspect, but it isn't! The
    game is a platform game, so the objects should stay on the platforms. But the ball can roll off the front of the platform! HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO REACH IT IF IT ROLLS OFF THE FRONT AND OUT OF THE SCREEN? It's a 3D platformer! So why is the ball going everywhere and breaking the fourth wall?
    Objects tend to get stuck on the floor, and you have to reset the level to play it. This is not a puzzle game, it offers almost no thought whatsoever. There's a level that involves getting the ball to hit a button to microwave the cat. You can bypass this by placing a dozer rat on the platform and it moves into the button and you win that level.

Why is this game on Steam? Why are there so much fantastic indy games on Greenlight, and such awful games on the store (like Day One: Garry's Incident.)

I cannot stess how hideous the maps are. They are repulsive and tedious, offering almost no variaty whatsoever.

For those who think the art style of this game is good? Want to see the same art style? GO dunk your head in a toilet bowl full of diarhea and drink it in. Even that is better than this crappy game

DO NOT EVER get this game. If you want to be a bad friend, gift it to someone during Steam sales, it's always 49 cents, but even that is expensive for this putrid game.
  8. Jul 18, 2014
    All the positive reviews here are poor attempts by TotalBiscuit fanboys to be funny. This game is horrible, make no mistake. You will be tasked with a puzzle, and you have to set rats and other items in a certain way that you get a ball to the end of the level where it then triggers some event which then kills the cat. The graphics are 2003 quality, the puzzles are hit and miss, the game has a huge problem where if you press Esc while in a menu, the entire HUD will disappear and you have to alt+f4. The only positive the game has is the music which is actually decent. It's a terrible game that you will not enjoy at all. Expand
  9. Aug 24, 2014
    The people who say this game is great are obviously trolling. This is perhaps, the stupidest, most idiotic game to make it's way into gamers' Steam library. The only reason people buy it is because it usually costs about 50 cents during sales, yet not even a penny would be worth playing this horrible, gory, ugly game... If you can even call it a game. Seriously, stay way... unless you want to have night terrors every night... -1/10 Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    10/10 best game ever. recommended for children. . . .
  11. Nov 20, 2013
    Bad Rats is a clear joke game that everybody seems to own yet has no idea how it found its way into their library… The game itself is built on pure luck! The idea is to use the objects provided to kill the helpless cat… Yeah, that’s pretty much it! The downside is nothing works, it’s ugly and it has absolutely no grasp of general physics! You can place objects in one place run the game to see the result and then should that fail, if you were to leave the objects in the exact same place and run again it would produce a completely different result where you may kill the cat! How does that actually work… Avoid this game at all costs! Expand
  12. Dec 28, 2013
    There is no game that betters represents how bad rats can be! This game revolutionized the puzzle industry wt it's difficult and intellectually inclined puzzles that strain the mind of even the most intelligent. I highly recommend this game to anyone who is looking or a difficult yet difficult puzzler that will challenge them. HAVE FUN!
  13. Oct 27, 2014
    Oh, my ****
    This game, an absolute masterpiece of programming and art direction.
    There are few games that are true 10/10's, this is undoubtedly one of them
    Buy it, NOW

There are no critic reviews yet.