Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn PC

9.2

1. Lev
    Aug 20, 2008
    Favourite RPG, especially with all the mods out there nowadays. The only thing I don't like about is that even though you get to choose the alignment for your PC, you're forced to play the good guy all the time since it's more rewarding and also it makes more sense storyline wise. So it's kind of hard to really build up a personality for your characters, which Favourite RPG, especially with all the mods out there nowadays. The only thing I don't like about is that even though you get to choose the alignment for your PC, you're forced to play the good guy all the time since it's more rewarding and also it makes more sense storyline wise. So it's kind of hard to really build up a personality for your characters, which distracts from the overall enjoyable game. Expand
  2. AndyC.
    Aug 9, 2006
    The best game I have ever played. It turned me into a drooling BioWare fanboy.
  3. JoshA.
    Mar 18, 2003
    From the epic storyline to the superb graphics and environments to the flawless and never-gets-old battle system, this game is one of the greatest role-playing games ever made. It will make you want to take up D&D just to be a part of the world of Faerun!
  4. OK
    Apr 20, 2003
    Quite simply, the greatest game I've ever played.
  5. KarlG.
    Jun 15, 2008
    The best RPG ever, and quite possibly the greatest game ever made. Rather than a 'game' it's an experience that will suck you in and change your perception of gaming forever. I guarantee it will become the standard you judge other games by.
  6. MichalK
    Oct 14, 2009
    Even now, after nine years, there is no hardcore RPG game that will be better, or only equal to this little diamond... Best RPG ever.... And even one of the best games ever made...
  7. dd
    Feb 10, 2009
    Every now and then i feel the urge to replay the whole baldur's gate story. every now and then i feel how much work and how much time that game needed to be build. every now and then i feel the masses of detail and art within this game. every now and then i feel ... minsc should STFU! but still i like him. reminds me of giving him that sword with verbal diarrhoea.
  8. ChrisL.
    Jun 10, 2002
    This game is by far the best I have ever played. There is so much you can do in it that you can literally play it for hours and hours. The best!
  9. GunhanK.
    Aug 1, 2002
    Quite possibly the most immersive and fun RPG I have ever played to date. Well-balanced, entertaining, challenging enough, looks good, has nice music... What more can one ask for?
  10. ChristopherH.
    Oct 1, 2003
    It's great!
  11. MinscB.
    Aug 4, 2004
    Maybe the best RPG I've ever played. This is coming from a guy having never heard of the series then poped it in and then played it. Of course by doing that I was saying good bye to a good 2 months of my life.
  12. AndrewB.
    Oct 5, 2005
    This game has and still is the best game i have played.
  13. NikosP.
    Feb 17, 2006
    The RPG that elevated an astounding title (Baldur's Gate) to the level of perfection is undoubtedly one of the most significant computer games of all time. No true RPG fan can call himself that without having played this game.
  14. SamuelP.
    Dec 21, 2007
    BG2 takes away your breath, your time, your conceptions of a good RPG, and last but not least, your life. Its 2008 and I still play this game once or twice a year, and its completely new everytime...the magic just never dies. The graphics are pure ART, the soundtrack could come from a Peter Jackson movie, the gameplay is perfectly adjusted, the challenge is up to you, but it is always a BG2 takes away your breath, your time, your conceptions of a good RPG, and last but not least, your life. Its 2008 and I still play this game once or twice a year, and its completely new everytime...the magic just never dies. The graphics are pure ART, the soundtrack could come from a Peter Jackson movie, the gameplay is perfectly adjusted, the challenge is up to you, but it is always a tough battle throught it. Try doing the firts BG, then importing your poweful character in BG2, then, as it wasn't already enough, go throught the Throne Of Bhaal expansion pack for BG2. You'll probably need some protection for your balls, though. Expand
  15. Thullraven
    Jan 28, 2007
    I have been playing RPG's forever. Have all the DND CRPG's. This is the best by far. Even new releases can't compare depth wise, NWN2 comes to mind. Anyone rating this low is doing so just to be different.
  16. A.K.
    Mar 11, 2007
    After seven years after its release, I still play this game compulsively. A compelling plot, a huge, extremely well detailed and varied gameworld, amazing tactical depth, non-linear structure, great freedom of action and a stunning attention for particulars make Baldur's Gate 2 skyrocket to the Olympus of videogames: the best CRPG to this day.
  17. OleH.V.
    Apr 11, 2007
    At this point, there have been no better RPG games released.
  18. Jarno
    Jul 15, 2007
    Quite simple the best RPG I've played in 20+ years of gaming. Immersive storyline, looooong game play, exceptional writing, and a still active community (7 years after the game's release) creating mods and populating the official forums for the game. That must tell you something. Of course BGII can't match up in graphics to modern games, but in pure gamplay, it beats them all.
  19. JamesF.
    Jul 31, 2007
    Just superb, even today in 2007 it still holds it own in the sheer game play stakes, and by far the best RPG I have ever played. Makes you wonder what the games developers of new RPGs have been doing for the last seven years really. If you didn't get this the first time around, go get it! It doesn't cost much and will last you years (as long as you don
  20. Simon
    Mar 30, 2008
    If you haven't played it, you should. The best in RPG.
  21. TomA.
    Apr 21, 2008
    This Is A Fabulous Role playing game, I love everything about it. And The Humor and story. It was one of my first crpg's and I love it to this day.
  22. JohnR
    May 6, 2008
    Along with BG1 and Planescape : Torment the best cRPG of all time. My only criticisms are that : Bioware/Black Isle decided to dispense with the wilderness (i.e. non-essential, connecting) areas that were present in BG1 ; and I reckon BG2 could have done with perhaps five more playable NPCs. But everything else about the game is as good as and quite often better than the original, which Along with BG1 and Planescape : Torment the best cRPG of all time. My only criticisms are that : Bioware/Black Isle decided to dispense with the wilderness (i.e. non-essential, connecting) areas that were present in BG1 ; and I reckon BG2 could have done with perhaps five more playable NPCs. But everything else about the game is as good as and quite often better than the original, which was already easily the best cRPG of all time. The level of imagination, the quality of writing, the inexhaustibly involving tactical combat, the incredibly human characterization, the moments of sublime drama, great humour and of almost religious awe (e.g. when entering the Watcher's Keep area ) - make this ,along with BG1 and P:Torment, to computer games what The Iliad and The Odyssey will forever be to poetry. I will vow always to keep a machine to play these games on and they MUST be kept compatible with all future hardware to come. Expand
  23. Mr.K.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Too bad they don't make games like this anymore. I already signed off Fallout 3.
  24. EdS.
    Aug 23, 2001
    Quite easily the greatest game ever.
  25. PubaH.
    Feb 24, 2002
    Greatest Game ever.
  26. RobertC.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I've been playing RPGs eversince NES's Zelda, and this is the best game ever. I know that no reviews can be completely objective, but no other game I know is as fun, intricate, beautiful and once again fun as Baldur's Gate 2. Play it!
  27. TimS.
    Mar 20, 2003
    Wow! This is a fantastic rpg! D&D has never been so fun! Throne of Bhaal add-on is just as good!
  28. FrancoP.
    Sep 10, 2003
    This game is very good, i like it. I don't now english very well, I'm from argentina.
  29. AlexL.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Quite easily the most entertaining RPG I have ever played. This game comes with a boatload of side quests and an entertaining main storyline, and will take a while to beat. There are also some fantastic mods to download.
  30. DaveG.
    Jan 23, 2005
    This game ia great there always something to do.

1. Antagonist
    I'd like my life back, Black Isle.
  2. For the first time in a single player game, I truly felt I was playing my way through a pen and paper fantasy campaign.
  3. GamePower
    It's not just vast, but flooded with quests and side adventures. There is always something to do in this game and, after that, there's always something more.