Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal PC

8.9

1. Simon
    Mar 30, 2008
    Unsatisfactory ending to a great story. Throne of Bhaal should have been made as a Baldur's Gate 3 instead.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Too much combat, linearity and not enough exploration, the pacing has gotten worse for the expansion pack. The ending, and story itself, are great though and bring a much needed conclusion to the fate of the children of bhaal, and the new dungeon, shrouded in mystery, Watcher's Keep, is one of the greatest addition to the franchise, much like Durlag's Tower for Baldur's Gate 1.
  3. Dec 24, 2016
    As said before, too much combat. And the combat is too difficult; playing your mages etc. well requires an amount of planning and thinking that borders on work, not play. I played on normal setting.

1. I noticed that Bioware substantially improved (optimized) the Infinity engine. At one point, I found my company fighting with about forty Drow slaves without slowing the game or frame-rate down.
    I just can't help thinking that the "Final Chapter" should have had a little more to it.
  3. A nearly perfect conclusion to the Child of Bhaal saga, combining deft storytelling , an intelligent abilities system, and the trademark high quality fans of the series have come to expect into one superlative package.