6.8

1. Jun 19, 2012
    Meets in a excellent way the goal of any DLC, "add what is missing in the game and make it better" (even better than it already is), it offers what the game needed, small spaces, faster action, another level of strategy compared with the big ones, new and beautiful improvements in both modes as graphical improvements. Now BF3 have the whole package to offer about maps & selection of fun.

The bad thing is that you can't play all mods in this small maps, but BF3 offer bigger maps for that and, in the future, new DLC will be added to make this game better and better. No doubt that this DLC make it jobs and works very well.
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    I mistakingly forgot to enter my score for my review. Don't worry though it is definitely not a "0".....LOL I give this 9 out of 10 just because nothing is perfect though this game is about as near perfect as I have seen to date in a shooter. Kudos to Dice for not just going the money grab route and actually giving us some real substance.
  3. Jun 6, 2012
    Epic! Good added value. Incredible inhouse fights, great entertainment. Faster access to servers is also very much appreciated. PLatoon ranking i am still missing but overall i am happy. USD 50 is not cheap but acceptable. Looking forward for the next DLCs to come........
  4. Jun 13, 2012
    Words cannot not even describe how awesome this expansion is. I personally prefer fast-paced close-quarters combat so this expansion was right up my ally. Competitive players from all FPS realms (Quake, Half-Life, Unreal, etc...) will love this. The maps are thoroughly built, extra destructive, and just look amazing. Gameplay is a blast and it's much quicker to earn points and awards. If you have the money get this...no questions asked. Expand
  5. Jun 13, 2012
    I find the new DLC very entertaining, I especially enjoy new destruction system and very well designed new maps and gunplay gamemode. Destruction just looks amazing and also introduces completely new play styles that i didn't experience in any fps multiplayer before. In my opinion this DLC alone introduced much more innovations to battlefield franchise than any annual Call of duty game introduces innovations to call of duty franchise. After playing for sometime Operation 925 map Modern warfare 3 looks like a retro game. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2012
    I didn't know what to expect of this DLC. Overall though, I knew that it wouldn't affect the quality of the game, even if it sucked, as it was just an add on to an already great game (that goes to you haters & complainers). This is an honest rating of 10, for those of you who gave it a 0, shame on you as the quality of this release based on my last few days of playing is unparalleled. The maps although quite small (but not too small) are detailed and very well designed; the new modes, although completely different to what battlefield is, add a breath of fresh air and some good breaks in between the main games. Yes they have introduced similarities to the Modern Warfare games, but they have done it in a way that does not take away the feeling that you are still playing Battlefield. In some ways, it incorporates the best things about Call of Duty, and leaves behind all those annoying grievances such as bad spawns, the need to camp, overpowered kill streaks, arcade gun fights, an old engine, repetitive maps, corner jumping, **** maps... etc you get the gist. This add on is awesome, and I would recommend for people who don't mind something different, and not to those who want to just play Battlefield for exactly what they already offer... Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of Team Deathmatch in any game and didn't enjoy it in Battlefield either - give me large maps and a tank anyday. I always do Conquest or the like because it didn't feel like I was trapped within four walls. I was planning on passing this expansion and get back to the vehicle maps with my buddies but decided to give it a shot via Premium since I'd probably like some of the expansions.

Wow. It is as if the TDM maps were layered and seamed together to make a great sandwich. The level design is beautiful and the destruction is amazing but the reason I keep going back for more is the play style - it's original. There's no place to hide. There's no place to camp. You can and will be flanked wherever you are. The best you can do is check as many corners as you can and keep moving.

It's an evolution of the tactical shooter. My squad (real life buddies) move around a map as one unit - front checks ahead, second checks one side, third the other side, last watches our six. We are unstoppable because we work as a team and work with each other's strengths. What a rush. Again, TDM bores me but I can play the new maps all day long because it feels like a dungeon crawl rather than two sides of a small map. Gun Master is a good time too because it is different. We've had a lot of fun with that one. If you don't like fast paced action, play a different game. This one is fast and ferocious - you'll be out of breath and hungry for more at the end of the match.
  8. Jun 27, 2012
    Can it get any better than this? The Graphics are absolutely awesome! The Shadows and Physix Particle perfect! Even the sounds... every few steps the sounds change to the environment - one second you hear a working machine, next second you hear glass breaking, then you step outside a building and hear a smooth wind rush followed by outside sound feeling. this is all so realistic and the gun game mode is as good as known from counter strike. But these maps are much bigger and nearly everything can be destroyed. BUT this is just an add-on to Battlefield, which in the normal game, is not so fast paced. Dice wants to fullfill every kind of shooters wishes with these addons. It iscalled CLOSE QUARTERS, because it´s playing mostly in short ranged combat. I don´t understand why people rate this game bad, because of the fact that they obviously are to stupid to understand that. Battlefield 3 is the perfect shooter experience to date and with these addons, dice is really stepping the game up every time! it´s 30 euros and it´s worth every cent or buy the premium package and save on the other upcoming addons. There will be one focused on vehicles and a lot of new maps and so on... if you are a real soldier - this is your place to fight! kids and retarded people who play shooters with pads, like in mw3 , better not touch this manly weapon :) Expand
  9. Jun 27, 2012
    Absolutely love this new DLC I'm a huge metro fan and this DLC with the extra destruction and small maps I'm racking up over 100 kills a game on Ziba tower and I love the graphics, the guns, and the new game modes.. It's just awesome!
  10. Jul 3, 2012
    The Battlefield 3 Close Quarters DLC is a must have for all Battlefield fans. I love the way they amped up the graphics and destruction. This DLC is just breathtaking and to me is even better than the multiplayer experience of the B2K DLC.
  11. Apr 1, 2013
    Close Quarters is usually recognised as a bad expansion. But I disagree, Close Quarters is an amazing expansion at what it is meant to do, get up close and personal. And it does this extremely well. It does have traces of Call of Duty, but I don't find this bad; I find it interesting. Interesting to see what Battlefield could be like. I think DICE had a full intention of doing this when they released this. Close Quarters is not horrible, it is quite the opposite, and I encourage people to play it. Expand

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Battlefield goes Call of Duty and does it actually pretty well! [Aug 2012]
  2. Aug 8, 2012
    It's worth buying if you're sick of getting shot by premium players' overpowered new weapons on regular servers and want to equip the new arsenal yourself, but Battlefield 3's hectic fighting fails at CoD's smaller scale. [Oct 2012, p.71]
  3. Jul 6, 2012
    If you love with Battlefield's team deathmatch mode, you must get this DLC. [August 2012, p.76]