7.4

1. Oct 28, 2011
    multiplayer lacks skill and teamplay, russian announcer speaks english, and battlelog is a satan's gift. ....................................................................................................
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    I have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses originI have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses origin and battlelog compleatly. Only problem with that is i cant frickin go online, only single player is availible.
    Single player is a total joke to, my rig runs 2 GTX570s graphics cards in SLI (with new Nvidia driver) but the graphics are frickin awful, what is with that water droplet/dirt effect on screen during game play?? Another bug bear i have as well is the poor gamepad support, i have by PC rigged upto my 55" TV so i use a wireless 360 controller, now the game recognises that i have the controller attached and lets me play with it in game, however there are some parts in the game which i have to press a certain button at certain time, only problem is these buttons arent on the gamepad but rather on the mouse or keyboard!! What is the point of that?? After speninding 15 mins remapping the keys, i carry on playing the game only to be prompted with a instruction to press Z to go into the prone postion, having gone into prone by pressing a remapped button on the gamepad the message stayes on screen, during this time i am unable to pick up a RPG to blow up the hotel in the first level, only when i press Z on the keyboard am i allowed to pick up the RPG!!! Sloppy Dice sloppy. i am giving this game a low score purely because of origin and a very poor single player plus the points mentioned above. I refuse to have origin on my PC and am sure i will miss other EA games because of it, there loss not mine. If the game ever makes it's way to Steam i will be happy to reload it and give multiplayer a go. Rockstar tried a similar thing with GTA5 and Social Club and we all know how that eneded. For now the game has been uninstalled and will be heading back to the store for a refund. Cmon EA i love some of your stuff, but for the love of god, get rid of the mandatory use of origin and battlelog please!!!!
  3. Nov 2, 2011
    Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly.Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly. Infantry combat is well done, vehicles and aircraft are an embarrassment to Dice. All in all a waste of £40. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is great...when multilayer works. The origin launcher is dumb and web interface is even worse. When I join games it works only about half the time, sometimes i get a illegal operation or it just freezes. They have turned this game into a console first pc second title which is messed up because it started on PC.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Very horrible game, origin puts viruses on your computer, and downloads your files.

Game is not as good as good as they said it was, the trailer and all the video are a lie, it's buggy, filled with cheaters and retarded admins.

Stay away.
  6. Nov 12, 2011
    Installing and running EAs very own spyware, Origin, is compulsory in order to play. Origin scans your personal data, including documents and tax returns. According to the EULA, EA can use this data however they want, including selling it to other companies. This is unlawful, outrageous, absolutely, totally unacceptable!! Also, the game isn't that great, either.
  7. Oct 31, 2011
    The game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simpleThe game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simple spyware, which is violating most western countries laws, e.g. consumer and data safety laws in Germany. If you don't mind about privacy and your personal data at all or using a second PC solely for gaming, where no personal data is stored, you may still buy and install Origin to play it. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2011
    Pretty much disappointed in all the nonsense of tossing silly medikits around, sniper scope glares and brighter-than-sun flashlights. Also, the game is ugly. It's hiding it all behind a mass of light effects and bloom and hdr. Gameplay is nothing to write home about - it's BFBC2.5. Single player sucked balls, that's enough said.
  9. Oct 28, 2011
    Preorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this wasPreorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this was after a 40 min wait to speak to them and 5-10 min wait between each response that was written to them which dragged out the conversation.) When I asked the last to answer the question I posed, they actually hung up on me and I spent another 40 minutes waiting to talk to another agent who took over an hour and a half (due to the 5 to 10 minute delays in their responses) to eventually escalate a complaint to a supervisor.... who wouldnt be addressing the issues until next week(28th of October was the date of the conversation). Completely have no interest in the game now because of this experience and wish I'd never bothered with it. Expand
  10. Oct 30, 2011
    Great game! BUT Origin is the worst thing that ever happened to pc gaming! Dont need an ingame backdoor!
    STOP scanning our privacy!
    JUST let us play!

check this:

theorigin.de
  11. Nov 1, 2011
    You know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to theYou know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to the extreme. Sure, it makes you feel great when you get a ribbon, but this is nothing more than a grind to keep players coming back for more of the same garbage served on EA's Origin (which has issues as well). The game looks fantastic and sounds equally fantastic, but core game design and levels are not well thought out and only exist to keep you grinding away. Expand
  12. Nov 3, 2011
    Those who see this "0" score may wonder why I'm starting with what, I think, are good - or great - features of the game, so let me start:
    -no more jumping in order to overcome, say, a 2" step on a ladder (or level difference in terrain, for that matter). Now really, does anybody jump 3 steps in order to climb one? In all other games of this franchise, it's a constant annoyance. Not this time, though;
    -sound. Realistic. Awesome. Not one negative comment on this one.
    -now, something that may be controversial: the flashlight. Either love or hate it, I consider it something more realistic than before, and even though there were means to do it, it was not built-in;
    -physics/destruction: maybe I should address them separately, but, from what I saw, it looks like physics come from destruction in this game, not the other way around. And don't tell me they are two completely separated things, or it'll get worse! I'll stress the good one: destruction. It's good. I really appreciated it. But when it comes to physics, things are somewhat odd (ask those "jet pilot" players...), to say the least.

And that's all the good things I have to say about BF3 (or should I call it BC3?). Battlelog? Everyone I know is complaining about it. Lack of VoIP? Same. Where are the big ships DICE has promised? Naval battle? I had hopes that this wasn't a bad joke, but it is; a dirty one. Commander? No longer. -member squads? Only if n=4. Commo rose or F1-F8? No option: the worst commo rose I've ever seen (not that I haven't complained about it in BF2; it was bad enough already, but they managed to make it even worse). Graphics? Really, it's a mixture of great vehicle and soldiers textures, with mediocre (or less) terrain graphics. I was wondering if "ultra" meant "ultra-LOW" instead of "ultra-HIGH" graphics quality; to be fair, it's better than DN Forever, and comparable to ET:QW. What about towing vehicles (or vehicles towing objects)? Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry if you haven't played BFV, then (and really, I feel really sorry on this one, since you probably can't buy BFV in stores now). Chat screen filling 1/3 of it? C'mon, DICE, you can do better than that! In-game server browser? No more. More unlocks than classes? Then what's the point on classes anyway!!?? And what about that **** of "play it the way you want"? The way I want is more like this: MOD tools, so I can put ideas into practice without having to convince DICE's CEO to allocate a fair amount of time and $ of their team to do it for me (for us). Instead of MODs, which extend the game's life cycle, one will gonna have to put up with DLCs, which divide the community (into those who have and those who don't) once for each DLC. The way I want to play is without Origin, launching the game like any other I've ever installed, not via web browser.
    I'm not done, but I don't want to extend myself much (more than I have already) on this one.
    Clearly, the bad side of it by far out-passes the good one.
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad copypaste from CoD in single player and from BF:BC2 in mulitplayer. But single sooo boooring... So many bugs, stupid Origin, but much much PR. Not true.
  14. Oct 30, 2011
    Great game for multiplayer (as expected) but Orign is awfull : you need to start the game from a browser, the interface is slow, ugly and if you don't have a 1080P screen you7 have to scroll to launch the game. Origin is heavier than steam, without game, without content and promotion, ... What's the point of doing another steam if there is nothing better in Origin...
  15. Oct 30, 2011
    The first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sportsThe first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sports franchises. The campaign is a non inspired copy of COD Black Ops, with bad writing and bad acting. As fas as I'm concerned, the Vietnam expansion of the second game on the row was the pinnacle of the BF experience. Don't lose money and time on Battlefield 3, persist with BC2 and/or wait for MW3. BC3 is a frustrating experience. Expand
  16. Nov 2, 2011
    As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3.As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3. It's a pity, it could have been a great game. That coupled with EA's crappy connectivity client, which makes using Gamespy in the old days a joy compared to what they've presented for 2011, makes the experience very disappointing.

I guess I'll move to other games and check back in a month or two to see if they've managed to fix the experience at all.
  17. Nov 2, 2011
    I sold my copy after 15 hours of MP.Repetative,dull,boring and full of glitches.Plus all the other negative comments already posted.Whats the point of massive nice looking enviroments if you cant use them,oh yea corprate eye candy.God forbid players should do anything else except die,respawn,kill,fuse/defuse bombs by pressing a button over and over just to get weapons and upgrades.
  18. Nov 3, 2011
    Nothing New in the West!

1. Origin: general business terms what, a cheek! Do I have to pay for this or do they have to pay me for selling them all my informations. The software "origin" itself not very comfortable, just one more source of trouble. All in all useless. 2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why? The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge,
    Nothing New in the West!

All in all useless.

2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why?
    The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge, everything, the whole communication design, everything is very confusing and buggy.

3. Battlefield 3:
    The graphics are very elaborated and textures are realistic, (except the many bug which I hope will be fixed soon) sometimes the effort to be as most realistic as possible ruins the gameplay, like the flashlight and all the laserpointers, just annoying.
    All in all the graphics in Bad Company 2 appeared more realistic to me.
    Character Design is just stupid, e.g. russian soldiers with giant watches and why do the engineers wear gas masks all the time??? Please don't try to be realistic at all cost.

Gameplay:
    Nearly all of the new inventions in the gameplay are reinventions of older battlefield versions like: weapon fire mode, lying on the groung, jets, or things that I could even remember since "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory" (even there it was possible to time your grenade). Frostbite promissed that it's possible to destroy nearly everything, I dreamed of having bomb crates, but sometimes it's hard to just cut down a tree with a tank or roll over a guardrail. The whole point system is just made for all those addicts, it disadvantages those who don't want to spent all there private life playing FPS and as I think it's another loss for a balanced gameplay, it doesn't provide ability in first place but attendance. Tactics or teamplay are not really necessary if you have the beter weapon. Go on an trie to get a high rank, next year there will be a new game and there you start at zero. It's just to keep you gaming and gaming even though the basic gameplay is nothing special. Let me call it just swagger like the whole mock battlelog wolf in sheep's clothing facebook. Sorry.
    Maps are confusing, maybe I'm not used to it or it's snipers wonderland. And as far as I can see, good night modding, looks like this is the end of all Battlefield Mods.

ASO ASO

Sorry I've had more fun playing BC2 or BF2, my critic would have been better if there had been some real new inventions except better graphics.
  19. Nov 3, 2011
    Origin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and openOrigin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and open doors is not exciting. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2011
    Before anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI andBefore anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI and gameplay in single player to date. If you hated Red River or Medal of Honor, you will equally hate the single player in this game. Just sad. Also, it is buggy, glitched, and very linear. I waited so long for this game, got it asap, and I would just as quickly return it if I could. It breaks my heart. Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    I have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history ofI have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history of gaming. Dice need to focus on creating good games, not to insult competitors Expand
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Despite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping informationDespite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping information available in game, no commander. cluttered screen, sniper shotguns! List goes on. Periodically its impossible to join a game due to "you have been disconnected from ea online". Strangely the beta ran fine for me... Overall its not even close to release quality. Last purchase I make from EA/Dice Expand
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    The best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. PeopleThe best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. People are playing Battlefield 3 and saying that is the best game in the series but this is a lie. Wait a few months to see a change of opinion, when the fever of Battlefield 3 has passed and those same people will stop comparing Modern Warfare 3 with Battlefield 3. No Battlefield game will have the same experience of Modern Warfare and vice versa. These two franchises are completely different and for those who have not noticed, Battlefield 2 is a War Simulator, more realistic and complete than any other war game. As we would say, a Gran Turismo of shooter games. Battlefield 3 is good, fast, modern, has an updated arsenal, great looking BUT.. you will play it for hours and you will not have that "Battlefield 2 feel" . In other words, you will not feel that has found your place in the battle. And that you are part of a team and an Army. These things, my friend, make Battlefield 2 better than any other FPS game outhere! I personally expected more of Battlefield 3 and I not believed when I saw this game was not a sequence. No commander, terrible aircrafts, bad spot and squad features AND the huge hole in BF3: the Battlelog Server Browser, most uncomfortable feature I have ever seen for years! DICE have so much time to create the sequel to Battlefield 2 and the help of Frostbyte Engine of Bad Company 2 and yet, they release a game full of errors, because even change the configuration of the mouse or joystick in the game can be a problem! You press a button on the mouse and nothing happens! I really sorry, I am a Battlefield 2 core fan, and in my point of view, this game stinks! This game is not worthy of fame and big sales he is having. Wake up people!! Buy Battlefield 2, buy Modern Warfare 3, buy Crysis 2, but don't buy **** because it will stinks later! Expand
  24. Nov 4, 2011
    People who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an callPeople who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an call it innovation. When BC2 came out it was like no other game. You could do and destroy anything!! You think you're gonna camp here for the whole game? WRONG, there's no wall behind you! Drive tanks, fly ATTACK helicopters, 4 wheelers, UAVs and turrents! You name it BC2 provided and then. BF3 was announced and we got word of all the wonders that would befall us in this game. And show the COD franchise how real developers and networks stand by their fanbase. I refer to all this is to emphasize how utterly disappointed I am in BF3. I realized from Beta that this is NOT the BF I knew and loved. This felt cheap. And EA chose the absolute worst map to allure players from COD as it was not displaying BF's to its truest. We all know of the annoying network outages and glitches that happened in the beta stage and EA assured us that what we were playing was not the final product so I shrugged it off. Now that the final game was released I hoped it would be the same as BF2, IT IS NOT. Those users saying the game play is the same WRONG. The game play is no where near as smooth as BF3 and that game could have been smoother. This game is a pretty mess. I will only be referring to Multilayer as Campaign got me so angry I had to take 2 xanax (I think I've made my point here).

From a simple thing as the inability to walk over a tiny object on the ground to the daunting task of getting out of a room, this game has become what I hoped it wouldn't... COD with vehicles. EA if you cant do something right, dont bother doing it at all. How is it that you can shoot a person square dead in the head emptying TWO clips one from you main and the secondary after switching to you side arm and your opponent will have enough time to stop. turn. shoot you once and you are dead.? EA can you PLEASE explain this cause I am stumped. I have had folks massacre me on 0%. 0%!!!!! I was killed by a ghost y'all!!!! Why can't I cook a grenade?? Why is player mute either you mute the entire squad or none so if I have a team member that is actually benefiting to the team and a kid screaming at his mommy I have to deal with all of that or mute them all? HOW do I end up in an entirely different class when a new game starts? WHY the **** does it take to goddamn long to get up from prone!!??? WHY all the theatrics to knife someone??!!! You have to ensure NO ONE is around you if you're knifing someone cause the length of time it takes to do that crap will get you shot! I have to wonder if EA just focused all their energy into just making the game look pretty and sounding fantastic and just left out the heart of the game. Cause that is what I got from the store. So thanks EA, thanks for ruining a great game! And replacing it with cheap, marketing MESS! Xoxo!
  25. Nov 6, 2011
    Graphic is astonishing despite moderate system requirement. All other aspects of SP are plain, boring and inexcusably worthless. MP at a first glance is good, but not excellent.
  26. Nov 17, 2011
    Worst ever Battlefield game. I love BF2 and still play it, occasionally BFBC2 as well. Since this game was named "BF3", I expected improved gameplay with new features BFBC2 has presented. But this happened to be BFBC3, not BF3. Except for that, the game itself isn't bad. Maybe it was just my expectations of the Battlefield (not Bad Company) franchise.

EA should learn how to name their

EA should learn how to name their games before releasing them.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    O jogo é lento, a história é ruim, falta emoção e a inteligência artificial é fraca, de modo que o jogo é massivo e chato, os gráficos são bons, mas a jogabilidade é ruim.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    For those who only play solo, save your money. It is not worth more than $7.00. I'm sure the multiplayer rocks, but the single is quick and boring. Both this and the new COD are not worth purchasing for solo.
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    Unfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technicalUnfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technical deficiencies is even more obvious. Mainly clipping is a issue where you can be shoot because from you point of view you are in cover, while you opponent has an unobstructed view for a kill. If you are new to the first person military shooters there are other more balanced games available. Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Ea sux

bf3 sux

origin sux

battlelog sux

bf3 fanboys sux

0 for u mr bf3! thats what u deserve! why spend time making a single player that sux with a multiplayer that is worse than bad company 2?
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    The servers are crap. The fact that vehicles are present is crap. The lag is crap. The fact that you have to buy the game new or pay 10 bucks to play online is also a load of crap.
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    EA sold out. Battlefield tries to emulate COD, instead of being its own game.Reeks of if you can't beat them, join them. Come back when you're going to make an original game dice, rather than emulating someone else.
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    Waste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruinsWaste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruins the game, its a 'Predator mode' forget about hiding people see you with this scope from other part of them map !!!! No need to hide because YOU CAN NOT HIDE - you light up like Christmas Tree, everybody sees you ! Without the scope its very difficult to see enemies because they are too dark and there is too much contrast so everybody runs in the 'Predator Mode' aka Noob Mode.There is autohealing for vehicles and soldiers, game is incredibly dumbed down - just run and spray.No tactics, no possibility to hide,to sneak etc.Maps are very weak and too small.Origin spyware is uncomfortable to use you need to quit/start game anytime you want to change server. And its all because they didnt make BF3 they made some CoD/MW clone to try to make more money. But they failed. Battlefield is dead. Expand
  34. Dec 2, 2011
    It's incredible to see such a system on a PC game !!!
    Origin, browser, plugin browser, impossible to change your nickname, a EA service.... hummm. I prefer stop here.
    It's not the game which is really bad, it's the global system all around. intolerable.
  35. Apr 18, 2012
    The beta was fun even with no destruction and the occasional floor-glitching but once it hit release, it was unplayable with a dozen different kinds of connectivity issues hitting you at the same time along with overall huge amounts of lag and delay.

Something that Is not welcome in a FPS so I asked for a refund on the same day I bought it. That was 6 months ago. I've now been ignored by their support over 4 separate times with no hope of seeing my money. Thanks EA.
  36. Sep 20, 2012
    Too many bugs, cheating is rampant, weapons and vehicles are unrealistic. Most of the DLC is worthless, or content that should have been provided with the original version.
  37. Nov 9, 2011
    The only worthwhile part of the game is the multiplayer --- and even that isn't that fun. DICE abandoned their roots and took on a Call of Duty style.
  38. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm just gonna give this review because I'm childish and like to bash other, more succesfull games than the ones I play (end of sarcasm here)

The developers aimed for a realistic gameplay as opposed to the more 'arcade' type gameplay. To be honest, I don't like it, the graphics are really cartoony, not realistic. You have to pump a whole mag into someone to kill em and get into vehicles to be competitive, seriously is this for real? The whole 'everything can be destroyed' is the only thing new in this series, but not even worth one point, because it's about the gamplay, not the ability to destroy buildings. In my opinion it's more worth it to spend your time on the the bigger game in this genre, because unlike what the BF3 fanboys giving 0 points to MW3 seem to suggest, it's a great game.
  39. Nov 26, 2011
    I give this a 2, not because of the game play which I find great but because of all technical glitches I have had to play this game when every other game that I have including MW3, works. I haven't been able to play BF3 since the last patch.
  40. Dec 2, 2011
    I'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and theI'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and the new bullet drop animation can be a nuisance to tell where the bullet is hitting. The game has frequent issues such as 'stopped working' which i've noticed has been an issue for some people since launch, yet all they offer in response is 'google chrome's fault, or x-fire's fault'. Essentially what could have been a great game is still fairly beta quality, presumably due to trying to release before MW3. While this move may have worked for sales of this game, it will hurt long time followers of the battlefield series who, at this point, want nothing more to do with them. Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2012
    Hello, my first time to rate a game I didnt play, because I refuse to buy it. Battlefield is my favourite title and I played the BF2BC like 490 hours... So I was a pretty big fan, but then when the EA started it's massive media massage I lost the interest completely. There were two messages: 1. Battlefield 3 is flat-out superior to COD - which speaks about some very serious complex outHello, my first time to rate a game I didnt play, because I refuse to buy it. Battlefield is my favourite title and I played the BF2BC like 490 hours... So I was a pretty big fan, but then when the EA started it's massive media massage I lost the interest completely. There were two messages: 1. Battlefield 3 is flat-out superior to COD - which speaks about some very serious complex out there in EA studios. 2. It's the best game and you have to own it. Personally, I don't believe that the best people are those, who say they are best. BF got raped massively, and the result is unbelievably expensive game, which no one of my first-person shooter friends actually plays. It's not on steam. So sure about themselves. Damn EA.

It was just the dummiest most stupid kind of mass marketing I've ever seen. And behind it a game full of bugs, half-finished at the release, for astounding 50 euros... C'mon, you can't be serious.
  42. May 8, 2012
    I feel somewhat like a cry baby, but this is the third EA game I bought in the last month and they ALL SUCK! This crashes regularly on my 3.16 GB Intel Duo w/ 4 GB ram and dual Nvidia Gforce 9800 GT. When it doesn't crash the single player campaign leaves you trapped in a hallway with no doors to open. It starts out great, don't get me wrong, but the crashing and bugs make the singleI feel somewhat like a cry baby, but this is the third EA game I bought in the last month and they ALL SUCK! This crashes regularly on my 3.16 GB Intel Duo w/ 4 GB ram and dual Nvidia Gforce 9800 GT. When it doesn't crash the single player campaign leaves you trapped in a hallway with no doors to open. It starts out great, don't get me wrong, but the crashing and bugs make the single player a class A turd. Friendlys drop dead for no reason. The sound cuts in and out. Save points are poorly designed. The person in charge of QA should be eviscerated. I'm done with EA. When is Valve coming out with something new? Expand
  43. Feb 15, 2012
    Graphics are great, sound fx are great. But the game have a lot of bugs and crash all the time. It is hard to find a good server with people playing and the battlelog system sucks. I paid 50% of the price and still dont worth the money.
    EA and DICE made a good scam with this game.
  44. May 16, 2012
    Battlefield games used to be about using your skills, the vehicles and the environment to play a strategic way to finish of a round so that your team will get the victory. Now with Battlefield 3 that is thrown in the dumpster. Now Battlefield is about as strategic as a fish bowl animation. Bought the game at launch and it took almost 2 week before the game was playable during to the factBattlefield games used to be about using your skills, the vehicles and the environment to play a strategic way to finish of a round so that your team will get the victory. Now with Battlefield 3 that is thrown in the dumpster. Now Battlefield is about as strategic as a fish bowl animation. Bought the game at launch and it took almost 2 week before the game was playable during to the fact that you must have a online connection to play the game, Even the singleplayer mode yes. The multiplayer is almost Modern Warfareish with bigger maps and not that fun to play actually. +Graphics
    +Audio

-No commander mode
    -Server issues from hell
    -No strategic gameplay elements
    -Horrible game balance between vehicles and infantery, yes it's more real but less fun because it takes a billion rockets to blow up a tank.
    -No battlerecorder even thou it's announced
    -Non interesting singleplayer.
  45. Gar
    Jul 14, 2012
    So I waited nearly 9 months to buy this game, finally I would get to play a Battlefield game that has been balanced with patches. Well, thats what I tought. Reality is this is my worst battlefield expirience ever. First of all, it took me 3 days to actually get the game started. Since Origin is a worthless piece of junk, my account registeration failed 2 times in a row. I made an account,So I waited nearly 9 months to buy this game, finally I would get to play a Battlefield game that has been balanced with patches. Well, thats what I tought. Reality is this is my worst battlefield expirience ever. First of all, it took me 3 days to actually get the game started. Since Origin is a worthless piece of junk, my account registeration failed 2 times in a row. I made an account, no error messages. I couldn't login so I tought they must have sent me a confirmation email of something and waited a day for that. Nothing happened so I made another account. Same thing. I decided to disable my firewall and try again. Magically a new screen appeared after registeration and it worked. How incompetant do you have to be to write a piece of software that doesnt work with a firewall and doesn't give an error message when it fails to connecto to EAs servers? Fine EA, I wont ever use Origin again. Steam FTW.

Now to the game. You would think that after months of patching the game would be pretty balanced and good. NOPE. Battlefield players always complain if their precious tank/helicopter can actually be destroyed. DICE has once again folded and made jets/helicopters impossible to hit with an RPG. Maybe the balance would be ok IF the pilots were newbies playing with a keyboard and mouse. Guess what DICE. After 9 months only hardcore players are left and pilots are using joysticks and know every trick in the book after playing the game for 100-300 hours. If you are like me and want to play battlefield as infantry, STAY AWAY from this game. To make matters worse, EA/DICE dont run official servers anymore so most servers are fan run servers with rules that make the balance even worse. Rounds that last for hours, faster vehicle spaws, ban if you use and RPG and so on.

But perhaps the worst offender in this game are the maps. They are so large that you cant do anything without vehicles. There are also so few maps that you cant arrord not liking a map. A map can be used with 3 different names for different modes, but the level is the same. Metro for example is just a camp fest, because of poor design. The game always stops in the same hallway, because there arent proper flanking possibilities. EA did the same as Activision did with COD. Start the series by shipping with tons of maps and only sell a few as DLC. Now both have started shipping the game with less and less maps and ripping you off by selling overprice map packs. I'm not going to buy back to karkand, close quarters or BF premium, because I hate the game. Give me more free maps and I might actually like the game if they are any good. Then I might buy DLC. I wont however support you ripping me off, EA.

Coming in as newbie is made even more frustrating by the awful unlock system. Not only am I playing an unbalanced game, I'm playing it against players with hundreds of hours of expirience and way better equipment. NO anti-air RPG is really nice when the enemy has air dominance. Need to play for hours to unlock even the most basic equipment. Reflex sight for example is a weapon specific unlock.

Pros
    - Looks nice

Cons
    - Origin...
    - Unbalanced (air vehicles are overpowered)
    - Frustrating, because of ridiculously slow unlocks
    - Not nearly enough maps and vanilla version maps are bad (be prepared to pay for back to karkand if you want any content)

So my advice is, buy all the content you can for Battlefield Bad Company 2 instead of buying this awful sequel. I put in over 100 hours into BC2 and loved every minute of it. BF3 at its best struggles to match BC2 at its worst. Bad Company is the proper refined version of the BF formula. BF3 goes back to a broken BF formula. Pretty graphics don't make up for a broken game.
  46. Feb 19, 2013
    That is not game at all, that's a trademark, a beautifully wrapped piece of s**t, a game with zero fun. There is no difference between beta version and finished game over year after release. Same bugs, same little glitches. Feels like developers only cares about sellings. Players? F**k them they are just wallets, they already bought game and will buy all 5 stupid dlc's for price of fullThat is not game at all, that's a trademark, a beautifully wrapped piece of s**t, a game with zero fun. There is no difference between beta version and finished game over year after release. Same bugs, same little glitches. Feels like developers only cares about sellings. Players? F**k them they are just wallets, they already bought game and will buy all 5 stupid dlc's for price of full game. Total destruction? Hell no, only holes in some walls. No campers? Lol, this game is about camping, campers are everywhere. Disgusting SP and Co-op. "LOOK! THERE IS WAVE OF ENEMIES! KILL THEM ALL FROM YOUR CAMPING PLACE!" or "SHOOT BY CLICKING ONE BUTTON FROM THE HELICOPTER/JET As always on metacritic, rating was bought and only user score is almost correct. It must be 5 or 6. P.S. Fu*k EA for stupid buggy battlelog and origin. i would never buy EA games again and will distribute pirated version of EA games Expand
  47. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is always saddening when a game over-hypes itself. Not only will it be impossible to live up to the expectations, but the workforce will also have to try to create this "perfect" game. This is exactly the life style of Battlefield 3. Between the flame wars they started with Activision, and EA quickly becoming more and more greedy, the idea of a perfect game was much more fantasy than reality. Now, with that said: the gameplay is mildly solid, the maps are fairly good, and the weapons are far more diverse than ever. However, the game's multiplayer itself is not at all solid. The game boasts several animation glitches, very poor servers, and the same amount of overpowered weapons as the Call of Duty series. In addition, the destructibility of the maps are nowhere near the usual amount for a Battlefield game. Bad co. 2, the prequel if you do not know, had the ability to obliterate entire buildings with explosives, crush walls with tanks, and destroy several walls with vehicle guns. In this game, all buildings will remain standing magically. While I can understand this from some perspectives, this adds more problems then it solves. Campers are now a problem in Battlefield, the battlefield becomes stoic and unchanging, and hiding from vehicles is easily possible. Now, when it comes to story, as interestingly told as it is, it's still the same thing as every single modern game just rehashed and labeled "Battlefield 3." Here it is: Soldier goes to some war-torn place, gets evacuated, enemies steal a nuke, there's a betrayal, one nuke goes off, other is sent to NYC, you chase it, defeat the person who stole it, and walk away as the only survivor... The end. See? The same story as almost every single FPS game. It gets boring.

While the game is fun for a while, on PC, that is, it gets boring, stoic, and less than fun. Unless the price goes down immensely soon, or it comes to steam, I would highly not recommend it.
  48. May 19, 2013
    Save money, this game is a disgrace to battlefield. You will spend half the time wondering how the hell did that drop you in 3 rounds when you literally just spent half a mag on some retard only to find out you did 42 damage on an assist because of client side lag. Look at user score, and critic score, it is obvious the critics got paid.
  49. Nov 25, 2012
    The ones giving this game anything above a 5 are most likely call of duty converts and finally see the light. Sadly for them they realized it one game too late. B3 is a horrible hybrid of call of duty and what used to be battlefield. Battleild 2, 2142, bad company, and especially bad company 2 where some of the most amazing and fun games Ive ever played and each one had the traditionalThe ones giving this game anything above a 5 are most likely call of duty converts and finally see the light. Sadly for them they realized it one game too late. B3 is a horrible hybrid of call of duty and what used to be battlefield. Battleild 2, 2142, bad company, and especially bad company 2 where some of the most amazing and fun games Ive ever played and each one had the traditional battlefield signatures such as huge maps, great class variety and importance, a large focus on TEAMWORK and STRATEGY and WORKING TOGETHER, but not in this one! Nope, instead what you get is a free for all slayer match every round despite what the objective is. They made health realstic like COD and the gameplay very "twitch" like. Strategy is meaningless in this game. If you like COD get this youll feel at home, if you hate COD like I do dont waste your money like I did on this crap and just wait for bad company 3 playing BC2 while you wait. Expand
  50. Sep 14, 2012
    Another bad game made by EA With useless support, The game is almost unplayable and even if you can get to play, the game soon crashes along with origin half the time, another useless idea by EA, Origin doesnt work, and their game doesnt work.. It's constantly crashing and bluescreening my system and a few of my other friends systems,
  51. Feb 27, 2013
    The single player is so bad its a disgrace, some of scenarios are just so poorly scripted that you want to cry. I deeply regret buying this game and supporting such a miserable piece of work.
  52. Nov 4, 2012
    If this game was called Bad Company 3 I would give is an ok rating.. Unfortunately as it is meant to be a sequel to Battlefield 2, it got everything wrong.. I cannot think of anything in this game that I truly like, so much so I stopped playing it after about 60hrs of forcing myself to like it.. This from someone who racked up thousands of hours on BF2 over the years.. Bad Job EA..
  53. Dec 17, 2012
    I preordered this game hoping to get teamwork. It felt balanced to me and I played this happily with my friends. Then DICE started patching this game and it has gotten worse ever since. They claim that they fix stuff that they dont fix. Sometimes Í fall from 2 meters and die, other times I can jump from the third story and survive. Then they did the complete overhaul making everyI preordered this game hoping to get teamwork. It felt balanced to me and I played this happily with my friends. Then DICE started patching this game and it has gotten worse ever since. They claim that they fix stuff that they dont fix. Sometimes Í fall from 2 meters and die, other times I can jump from the third story and survive. Then they did the complete overhaul making every weapon behave differently than I had gotten used to. The release of Premium made me quit playing all together after playing about 400 hours. DICE screwed me over by telling me it was developed for the PC first, even though it was not. It does not have ingame VOIP, no dedicated servers, and no moddability. Last I heard they where going to release a patch to remove the blue tint, but they canceled it. If the game would have been developed for the PC it would have been the best BF to date, and I would probably still play it. Expand
  54. Dec 24, 2012
    Эта игра явно показывает,что современным игрокам кроме графикиЭта игра явно показывает,что современным игрокам кроме графики ничего не нужно,никакого сюжета и геймплея,просто очередной распиаренный продукт,каких много. Expand
  55. Dec 28, 2012
    For the amount of money you spend on the game, one would expect it to work. I have spent more time figuring out bugs rather than playing it. They should advertise it as an online multiplayer game because it certainly isn't a singleplayer game. My experience with BF3 leaves me only to say, this game sucks.
  56. Ndi
    May 6, 2013
    When I first picked up BF3, I was pretty amazed. Dynamic campaign, starts off strong, with a few linear stuff to show off, the throws you into jet, tank, on foot, plenty of weapons, and with a decent framerate. Wow, I thought, where have you been all my life?

But then it started to show how much they really put into it. It's a bad port. Controls revert to defaults mid game, in cutscenes, in quick time events. I HATE quick events. HATE!!! When I mapped my keys to arrows, right shift, right control and mouse and you ask me to quickly press "E", I am going to miss it. Again. And again, And again.

Here's the thing. If you make me mash the keyboard in anger, you are not a fun game. Period. I don't care you threw in a SP just to make a dent. If you wouldn't have, I would never have picked it up. I want single player to see the game, then, if all is right, I go on multiplayer. And SP is a disappointment. Unfinished story, annoying characters, tons of names, what is this? I died 4 times in the story. Who am I? Why am I fighting? Am I Miller? Jim? Bob? Jim-Bob? I'm Jim-Bob, aren't I? Dear God, I'm Jim-Bob.

The Russian guy said to shoot the other guy and all I thought was "Ok. Who's he?" Then other people start screaming. "Go left". Who are they? Seriously, I need a notepad to keep up. Also, they give bad advice. I died doing what they said. Also, what is this "left mission area" stuff? You sent me to flank and the side of the road is off-limits? What am I, 7 again? I'm not allowed to the end of the driveway?

By the last mission, I died 3 times. In the last mission, I died maybe 20 times. Poor scripting, poor controls, someone simply could not be bothered to finish it.

And I don't agree that you are a multiplayer game so I should eat the SP and shut up. You used that as a selling point and now it sucks. If you serve me a nice steak with moldy potatoes, I'm sending it back. I don't care the steak is the selling point.

I guess multiplayer is OK,which is why it gets a "barely" score. 8 for the MP, 5 for the SP, and a big fat zero for not taking the time to make sure CONTROLS WORK in a game.

Seriously, game has been out a year and a half. I STILL have to go to the forums to find a way to pass a 4 hour campaign. Can anything be any more of a middle finger to me giving you my money?
  57. Oct 2, 2013
    Finally decided to play the game to see if its any good, well its not. I got a game breaking bug and had to download a savegame to get past it. (airfield bug, you can find it on youtube easy). The game also has audio problems. Missions are annoying at best, you get bounced around different characters and in the end don't know who you are or what's going on any more. If it weren't for theFinally decided to play the game to see if its any good, well its not. I got a game breaking bug and had to download a savegame to get past it. (airfield bug, you can find it on youtube easy). The game also has audio problems. Missions are annoying at best, you get bounced around different characters and in the end don't know who you are or what's going on any more. If it weren't for the bug that breaks the game I would of given it an average score instead of 0. (there are far worse games out there). Expand
  58. May 27, 2013
    The game itself is decent, but the online servers that they use to run the game is very poor. A lot of times, you try to log in to play and you get all kinds of errors, and there is never any information or help. Until they fix these problems, buyer beware. Expect to be frustrated.
  59. Jun 30, 2013
    Getting Stuck on Rocks: The Game
    Tanks Slowed Down By Hills: The Game

No single player
    Childish server admins
    3rd world trash hackers ruining your experience
    Hyper Stacked servers with no balance
    ZERO new-player friendly servers.
  60. Nov 1, 2011
    This game requires you to have an EA Origins account to play, if you previously registered a game with EA then you already have one of these accounts. Then you must download a 10gig install for the digital version, install Origins and a webbrowser plugin before you can even play the game. Then you have to wait for the updates, after downloading the files, the setting up of the game and itsThis game requires you to have an EA Origins account to play, if you previously registered a game with EA then you already have one of these accounts. Then you must download a 10gig install for the digital version, install Origins and a webbrowser plugin before you can even play the game. Then you have to wait for the updates, after downloading the files, the setting up of the game and its requirements took me 90 minutes last night the first time around, in what has to be described as a complete nightmare.

By the end of it I was already extremely frustrated and annoyed with EA and this game. Not a good first impression.

To get to this point I had to agree to no less than 3 different Eulas, one of which, the one for origins required me to give EA permission to collect data about me. No opt out option, if you want to play battlefield 3, you have to agree to this.

Once everything was installed, I was presented with a webpage that is Battlefields main menu. That is right, Battlefield 3 has no standard in game menu. It is the ultimate in "you must have an internet connection to play" system, because without one, your not even going to get to the options screen to set things up. Even multiplayer games need the player to set up the game so it works best on their system and gives them a smooth frame rate. Unfortunately the best EAs auto system could do was Auto everything and set the screenmode to max, which is generally not good for a brand new shooter on my computer. Btw max res here is 2048 x 1152, that was the res it choose for my 3 year old Quadcore computer. I meat the requirements easily enough but I think you have to agree, that is a little extreme. Next I set up the server filter to give me a list of games that should have a good ping and tried to join one. 20 minutes later, I was still waiting for it to load the server. And that should have been a warning for me to give up and go and play Mount and Blade Warbands but I failed to take the hint and kept trying until 4 am by which time I gave up and went to bed. Just like the old gamespy system that added a few minutes to the join server process and often leads you to being disconnected because a server has filled up before you even get your game loaded, this has the same problem. Only this time its much much worse. The login process is basically downloading a list of players in the game. Only players join and quit so fast, it is out dated before you get a full list or even see the server.

Once you get beyond the login and connecting messages, it starts to load the map, it is at this point you either see a black screen, or a loading map screen or a flashing white dot in the corner. If this works you can be connected in around 4 minutes. That was the time it took to let me join a server for the only 10 minute laggy game I managed to get in too since buying this game. I have literally only managed to play this for 10 minutes and then the map changed and I was disconnected and have not been able to join any more servers since then. The single player is joke, most of it a movie with parts where you have to hit space bar like crazy. Not the battlefield experience we buy the game for, thats for sure.

The web interface plugin needed to join the game crashes out, Battlefield 3 crashes out, being able to join games at all seems to be a luxury reserved for the chosen ones, the lucky players that manage to play Battefield 3 without issue.

After spending a total of 4 hours over 2 days to get in to the game, and only managing that one 10 minute game. I went searching the net for solutions and found this issue is pretty common. There are lots of people with this issue. The internet is literally full of reports of people who paid £40 for a game that does not let them join any servers. And none of the solutions posted actually work. Now I hate giving 10 scores or 0 scores but if a game does not work at all, then a zero score is all I can give it. So a zero score is what this is getting. If you buy this game, you may find it is a cause of frustration and anger more than fun, never has a system been such a nightmare to setup and install, so invasion in what it demands from YOU, and never has a game that needed all that been so unforgiving buggy and unplayable. Take my advice, do not throw £40 away, do not wait for the bugs to fixed, just write this one off as a bad job and cheer Ubi for their excellent online copy protection system that everybody hates because compared to this, that is pure joy!
  61. Oct 28, 2011
    Summary: Battelfield 3 + Origin = Fail! This game is really the last. I was really looking forward to it such a long time but realizing what EA is trying to do with me and my PC is more than bold. I couldn't even install it as I don't agree with Origin. At least, i could send it back to Amazon. Sometimes I really wonder what the publisher think about us, theirs costumers ...
  62. Oct 29, 2011
    What could have been an otherwise great FPS has been utterly marred by the road to its release and the marketing wrapper that it has been smothered with. The game itself looks/sounds fantastic and is fun, if not a bit samey (though the single player may as well not have been there as its more of a movie/tutorial than anything). That being said, what users were forced to endure because ofWhat could have been an otherwise great FPS has been utterly marred by the road to its release and the marketing wrapper that it has been smothered with. The game itself looks/sounds fantastic and is fun, if not a bit samey (though the single player may as well not have been there as its more of a movie/tutorial than anything). That being said, what users were forced to endure because of EA's bullheadedness is unacceptable. Between the privacy concerns and the the fact that EA has decided to use their publisher clout to strongarm their failed and rebranded EA Store into relevancy by forcing it on everyone by making big name titles like this require it, is just short of a direct attack on the sensibilities of the gaming community. I only wish the gaming community was united enough to send a message to these people and let them know this is not competition, this is leveraging power to remove choice, and that between removing our options and not having the decency to ask us to opt in, rather opting to invade our privacy, this whole scenario has been egregiously NOT OK. Expand
  63. Oct 28, 2011
    The lag is unbearable, The non-existent hit-reg they claimed to have fixed is not fixed, The graphics suck, The game is less optimized than it was in beta, The Comma-rose is useless, The game constantly crashes for A Lot of players, There is no way to play co-op with friends, There has been 0 ZERO 0 communication from Dice on when how or even if they are fixing the issues
    The game is
    The game is currently kicking players from servers that do not have the latest version of Punk Buster, But PB does not automatically update, The Campaign is all but 30 minutes of pure cut scenes,
    The Guns do ZERO damage, The game has become a sit and stare and mortar game, The maps all suck, they are just bc2 ports, This game is not a sequel to bf2 its a sequel to bc2 and should therefore be renamed Battlefield: Bad Company 3, Sniping is pointless because they added this stupid scope glare that lets everyone know your position, I don't understand why the game was working fine in beta then they went ahead and broke so much stuff
  64. Nov 2, 2011
    Even the best food is no good if it is served poisoned. It is the same with Battlefield 3, served with Origin, one of the most devious, impudent and malignant pieces of spy-ware the game industry had the spite to come up with. Where I live, most of what they put into the EULA is not even anywhere near legal.
  65. Oct 30, 2011
    BF3 created so much frustration for me that I just had Origin give me a refund. The online battlelog and server browser is beyond annoying. One simple rule of "keep it simple" was completely ignored to force this new platform on customers. The game itself isn't horrible but in my opinion it's not the best Battle Field. I don't expect a new game to play completely like another version butBF3 created so much frustration for me that I just had Origin give me a refund. The online battlelog and server browser is beyond annoying. One simple rule of "keep it simple" was completely ignored to force this new platform on customers. The game itself isn't horrible but in my opinion it's not the best Battle Field. I don't expect a new game to play completely like another version but the mechanics feel dumbed down and the air vehicles are lackluster. The recon class was changed for the worse, and over all I'm not a fan of a lot of the map designs or load outs. I'm not a Modern Warfare fan boy trying to write a bad review, I just think this game has implemented some very poor choices. Expand
  66. Oct 30, 2011
    I'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope isI'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope is reflecting the Sun to the Enemys, so the Sniper is easy to spot. A Crappy Game..... The CoD Hype has won, and killed BF... Expand
  67. Nov 1, 2011
    SP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushedSP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushed into the ground if you haven't been playing the battlefield series. If your a gay casual gamer and like it up the butt than you will surely love the ass rape that is battlefield 3, otherwise I would stay away. Expand
  68. Nov 4, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a better game in every respect, that's all you need to know, how can you take such a big step backwards? It's even buggier than BC 2, one can only wonder if it was Dice or EA who's responsible for making this game a mess. The game industry is taking everything that's bad about Hollywood and incorporating it.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    With the inclusion of the crapware Origin, this game deserves the ZERO it gets. Boycott EA has worked! Already, after 2 weeks of sales, BF3 has sold less than a million. This spells out an absolute disaster for EA games. Good. Its not the game that sucks by itself. No... Its probably a 9 otherwise. Combine the game with EA's poor relations to gamers, (treating gamers like crap) putting outWith the inclusion of the crapware Origin, this game deserves the ZERO it gets. Boycott EA has worked! Already, after 2 weeks of sales, BF3 has sold less than a million. This spells out an absolute disaster for EA games. Good. Its not the game that sucks by itself. No... Its probably a 9 otherwise. Combine the game with EA's poor relations to gamers, (treating gamers like crap) putting out Alpha's riddled with bugs so they can make money now, and fix problems way into the future, makes for a poor gaming company. MW3 has nothing innovative, but has sold 9.3 million on launch. Is MW3 better than BF3? No, not really. Its not about who's game is better designed. Its all about who treats their customers better. BF3 should have sales in the 5 million figure by now. But its just not going to happen. EA didn't listen to their customers, and now they are going to find out how much people hate EA, not BF3 in particular. With absolute dismal sales for BF3 and a word record on MW3.... The numbers tell the story. Not the reviews, but sales numbers. EA, here is a suggestion. Fire all the bigwigs, turn EA back into a gaming company instead of trying to monopolize on the gaming industry. Its not going to work. Steam is still the king of hill, and Origin is hated by most gamers. Listen to the numbers... Or you will find yourselves out of business, just like you destroyed so many independent gaming companies. Expand
  70. Nov 4, 2011
    battliefield series is a game that promotes team play how ever a lack of in game communication have rendered team play as non existant

vechiles upgrades are a problem as you need to play in that vechile to get them this is noticeably a problem in jets as you have no counter for the lock on missles that come your way. vechile control is useless more noticable in the air craft however you can get a tank stuck going up a hill that has less then a 10 degree radiant the commander fuction has gone come on guys this is not a battliefield game this is a console cod
  71. Oct 28, 2011
    Origin even spies your return of tax or cellphone backup, battlelog is the biggest crap ever. The game is full of bugs, the Singplayer is watching most of the time (without being able to do anything) boring - stolen from other FPS - scripted scenes and missions. The MP offers nothing new compared to BC2 and MoH - besides Maps, Perks for every crap, Textures and some (ok they are good)Origin even spies your return of tax or cellphone backup, battlelog is the biggest crap ever. The game is full of bugs, the Singplayer is watching most of the time (without being able to do anything) boring - stolen from other FPS - scripted scenes and missions. The MP offers nothing new compared to BC2 and MoH - besides Maps, Perks for every crap, Textures and some (ok they are good) animations. Overall the game would be O.K, but Origin and Battlelog let the score crash into the negative (if it would be possible). 0/10 Expand
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    Single player game. Looks very very impressive, they are graphics outstanding. Unfortunately game play (which, letâ
  73. Oct 30, 2011
    SP only review. Worst single player campaign I've played in ages. Homefront was more enjoyable... For starters, the auto-save system saves at the totally wrong times. Say you've got to climb four flights of stairs then kill enemies...instead of auto-saving before the enemies it saves at the bottom so you have to repeat the boring stair climbing. This happens everywhere. Next, say you haveSP only review. Worst single player campaign I've played in ages. Homefront was more enjoyable... For starters, the auto-save system saves at the totally wrong times. Say you've got to climb four flights of stairs then kill enemies...instead of auto-saving before the enemies it saves at the bottom so you have to repeat the boring stair climbing. This happens everywhere. Next, say you have to kill one RPG enemy...the game will spawn infinite hordes of enemies until you kill that one guy. Totally unrealistic. And like everyone else said, the game won't let you even open a door without some idiot NPC doing it for you. Horrible. This is a textbook example of how to ruin a SP campaign. Expand
  74. Nov 8, 2011
    Battlefield series fans were promised a sequel to battlefield 2. What we got was a sequel to bad company 2, with its lack of vehicle combat, small maps, non existent in game voice communication, modding tools and horrible user interface for PC. On top of that, the game requires battlelog to be able to be played, setup (controls, graphics).
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    This is not BF3 in any real sense of the title. It is a lousy rendition of bad company 2 or as its come to be known in the interwebs, bad company 2.5. It's CLEARLY a console port with weak and very limited controls. Origin is a nightmare and battle log is terribad. No main menu, no squad voip built in so multiplayer is chaos.

Additionally, this was promised to be a BF2, not a BFBC2 sequel

Additionally, this was promised to be a BF2, not a BFBC2 sequel yet, there is no commander mode at all or for that matter even a squad leader. No more air drops or artillery. No orders so its basically become an every man for himself boom headshot fest of lame wanna be CoD players. I would give this game a 6 if it was actually named bad company 3, as it stands, its a BF3 and it disgraces the namesake of one of the best FPS games in history. 0/10.
  76. Oct 31, 2011
    Amazing possibilities, but horribly let down by the poor execution. It appears they simply wanted to beat MW3 to market and pushed out a game much too early. The bugs that exist in the retail product mirror those of the beta. Save you money and wait for a few weeks. This experience has seriously tainted my love for the battlefield series. I will now try MW3 in the hopes that I won't haveAmazing possibilities, but horribly let down by the poor execution. It appears they simply wanted to beat MW3 to market and pushed out a game much too early. The bugs that exist in the retail product mirror those of the beta. Save you money and wait for a few weeks. This experience has seriously tainted my love for the battlefield series. I will now try MW3 in the hopes that I won't have to deal with this nonsense again. Expand
  77. Nov 6, 2011
    A uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half aA uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half a minute with the loading screen.
    The multiplayer mode may or may not be ok, but after the campaign I don't want to see any more of this game.
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon)A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon) spoils the experience. People rant on about how great the jets are, but no one knows how to fly one and they rarely add to the team's score. Also people rant on about how great the 64-player action is but all it is is really a big chaotic mess where no one knows what the hell to do. Expand
  79. Nov 19, 2011
    game is crap , engine is like MOH from dice and with great browser game choosing fail. also you live 1 sec if youi r not using sniper. graphic is crap also .MW3 is bad also so better pass both games if you can.
  80. Dec 12, 2011
    cannot be patched unless you use EA. Also, this is a port to the PC rather than a true build... I don't game on the PC to get the poor quality of a console. FAIL
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete let down, the graphics took a back seat, the multiplayer is laggy and clunky,and the story mode is a rip off from black ops. Don't believe the reviews and save your money, rent it and experience it for yourself. Not to mention the servers suck, i hope EA gets their act together next time.
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    Great graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to beGreat graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to be a hater but makes me feel like they focused more on the Frostbite 2 engine then anything else. Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Only 4/10, Why? Not good singleplayer. Stupid history, but amazing graphic, good soundtrack,good sound.
    I don't like BF's multiplayer, so i rate only singleplayer.
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    LOL!!!! EA bought critics and hired people for bad user's reviews for CoD MW3. BF3 has Bug on Bug, not finished and still raw, but it have so "Wonderful" reviews. It's so obviously, that EA just use black piar for their money makig machine, parasite on franchise.
  85. Nov 22, 2011
    I was really looking foward to this game, but it kinda disappointed me. It is an OK game but apart from the graphics, there wasn't very much that convinced me to keep playing.
  86. Dec 9, 2011
    Battlefield 3, despite all its flaws, is a pretty neat game. The online play looks like fun, the weapons look like they would be great, and the scenery looks like it would be fun to hide in. I say looks like, because since the release date I've only been able to play for at most 2 or 3 rounds at a time...constantly plagued by CTD's, Lag, Rubber Banding on some servers and disappearingBattlefield 3, despite all its flaws, is a pretty neat game. The online play looks like fun, the weapons look like they would be great, and the scenery looks like it would be fun to hide in. I say looks like, because since the release date I've only been able to play for at most 2 or 3 rounds at a time...constantly plagued by CTD's, Lag, Rubber Banding on some servers and disappearing textures. My rig is below recommended but far above minimum. It seems that DICE, defying all logic, has released two client side patches which nerf/buff certain weapons in game, but have introduced a host of new issues with game stability - the game will freeze within a few minutes of entering a server, and then hard lock my system.

Origin, EA's Steam like service if fine - I really don't care about running it...what bothers me is the restrictive access that EA gives you when it comes to your ownership of the game. You are forced to tie your game account to your origin account, which binds your email to both accounts. Your game is launched through Battlelog, EA's web browser based server system and social network. Here's where the fun really begins.

Battlelog is, as far as I can tell, the most bloated piece of software ever created. The server browser in a webpage model is utter lunacy. You need to have Origin running, to launch the browser which launches the game. Not too mention that if you should be in breach of EA's TOS on their Battlelog forum, welcome to the banhammer. Swearing or any other minor infraction will get you an unexpected 72 hour forum ban WHICH ALSO MEANS YOU CANNOT ACCESS ANY OF YOUR PAID GAMES FROM EA! In some cases, users have been reporting permanent bans for no reason, other than comments posted on Battlelog. Permanent bans mean YOU LOSE ALL YOUR PURCHASED EA GAMES!

This for me is the most distracting problem with the game. Please be warned before purchasing Battlefield 3, your EA games can be at risk if you choose to visit their forums and break the rules. In conclusion, wait until this game is in the bargain bin. There are better companies to support with your hard earned cash, and better games which don't have the glaring technical problems that BF3 has.
  87. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is pretty, and has good sound.
    when you are in a squad of your friends it can be really fun online.
    The problems is the games story mode is really subpar. When you are alone online the multiplayer feels cold and isolating. Other then everyone running around the world feels lifeless. It feels like you are in a cold computer render world, instead of feeling like you are in a
    This game is pretty, and has good sound.
    when you are in a squad of your friends it can be really fun online.
    The problems is the games story mode is really subpar.
    When you are alone online the multiplayer feels cold and isolating.
    Other then everyone running around the world feels lifeless.
    It feels like you are in a cold computer render world, instead of feeling like you are in a real world.
    The environments don't feel like places people ever functioned in.
    If you love online shooters, don't care about the story, and have a lot of friends online all the time to play with it can be great.
    But that is a HUGE "if"...
  88. Nov 7, 2011
    If you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happenIf you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happen when you see the other guy first and the visibility is such there is too much chance that a guy will see you through chance rather than skill. Played it for a bit and got bored. I regret paying money for this and reccommend others dont. Expand
  89. Nov 9, 2011
    They specifically made the game this way to benefit their own marketing and to hurt their customers. I will never buy a DICE or EA game ever again................
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    All may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really goodAll may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables.
    Grat game
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    pros: nice visuals. vehicles in mp are good

cons: singleplayer is lifted almost directly form the mw series, mp battles are slow and only 5 maps? really?
  92. Nov 9, 2011
    Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again! Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash theTerrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again! Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again!Terrible game. The single player is nearly nonexistent the multiplayer is trash the mechanics are terrible and unrealistic. Looks like MW3 wins again! Expand
  93. Nov 6, 2011
    This is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......IThis is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......I could list 20 other engineering flaws in this game, but I won't waste the time. Save yourself 60 bucks, get it used and turn it back in when you get tired of it (which shouldn't take but a couple of games). Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Well... They said it will be awesome, new and i expected for something more. Game is bugged and it annoys me most. Mouse problems, Graphic problems (i mean green screen, problems with some newest graphic cards) or Battlelog. Im dissatisfied.
  95. Nov 29, 2011
    The game tried to hard to be realistic and gameplay should always come first. There's flashlights that blind your screen from across the map in broad daylight. The particle effects went so overboard the game is one big dust cloud most the time. The muzzle flash from enemies and infared both blind you, If you look face the direction where the sun is overhead you get blinded, and i thoughtThe game tried to hard to be realistic and gameplay should always come first. There's flashlights that blind your screen from across the map in broad daylight. The particle effects went so overboard the game is one big dust cloud most the time. The muzzle flash from enemies and infared both blind you, If you look face the direction where the sun is overhead you get blinded, and i thought they were wearing helmets and goggles.....

The maps are too big and too much time is spent wandering around doing nothing, the maps are poorly designed and if they were designed better it would force ppl into conflict more often.

The knife never works unless you press up against the player, it's like the guy has no arms.

The biggest issue and what makes this the worst campfest around is you get killed in 2 shots by any gun and the red flash you get when being shot blinds your entire screen so reacting is taking out of the equation.
  96. Nov 12, 2011
    For a game that's has amazing graphics, DICE has sure made it in a way that it affects playing the game negatively. There is such a thing as too much glare and lightning, there is such a thing as too much screen shaking from a grenade exploding across the map. Campaign was boring, drawn out, more linear than Final Fantasy 13 and it was just utter pointless. MP is alright when it works butFor a game that's has amazing graphics, DICE has sure made it in a way that it affects playing the game negatively. There is such a thing as too much glare and lightning, there is such a thing as too much screen shaking from a grenade exploding across the map. Campaign was boring, drawn out, more linear than Final Fantasy 13 and it was just utter pointless. MP is alright when it works but with rampant day 1 cheaters and DICE's choice to use PUNKBUSTER the situation wont get better anytime soon. PC port has it's problems, especially for a FPS that's suppose to be played using a mouse and keyboard but the console versions of BF3 are superior without a doubt. I feel as if I paid more than I should have for a game that I know I was only going to play for MP, especially since DICE made it so obvious that they slacked off on the PC port and the single player. Disappointed greatly Expand
  97. Nov 19, 2011
    Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools,Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools, neither game is realistic get a grip. Expand
  98. Nov 30, 2011
    Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3,Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3, its not. Destruction isn't an integral part of the game anymore which leads me to the most important problem of bf3... the camping. Every map is won by camping which makes it a really unsatisfying and boring multiplayer experience. After about 20 to 40 hours of game play you'll manage to get good at this but although, you'll find yourself easily in top 5, you are recognising, that you haven't had any fun at all.

Considering origin as the most evil piece of software in the history of men, I'll give the biggest fail of 2011 a zero out of 10. Nicely done DICE.
  99. Dec 6, 2011
    I feel this game was quite a disappointment on many levels... I think you should just stick with Bad Company 2. Might be worth a $20 buy later down the road.
  100. Aug 24, 2012
    Screwed over by EA/Dice, changed in game content drop to pure content drop and gave us PICTURES.
    Obviously could not be bothered and have made their money - now just going through the motions and delivering any old tarp in an effort to meet their commitments. Glad I found out now about to pre order MOH, special editions not worth anything anymore.

Never again.
  101. Nov 8, 2011
    Played this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where goodPlayed this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where good gameplay was defined by skill, and not the ridiculous amount of over the top killstreak rewards and perks someone can have? This game, no, this franchise is scarred and beyond repair... A waste of my money. Collapse

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]