Battlefield 3 PC

7.5

1. Nov 14, 2011
    Battlelog ruins this game. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial.I would have loved to write a review about the actual game because I'm sure it's quite good. Lack of server browser and so on. R.I.P old BF welkome new COD friend.
  2. May 22, 2014
    Delete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my review
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons ofThis game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons of potential. Little bit of a disappointment, but hoping for a better game next time. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- burn out contrast/bloom/hdr and no way to town it down , it hurts yours eyes and its impossible to spot enemies which look most of the time like background (way to dark uniforms) or like your teammates, people shot you out of nowhere, you need eagle eyesight to spot them - blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers, even streetlights are too bright - very annoying and lame - most of maps is tiny with chokepoints, lighting is too dark or too bright
    - soldiers and vehicles move too fast - autohealing for vehicles,no cool down for repair tool which makes many vehicles undestructable
    - recon useless - no camouflage for recon, silly scope flare giving your position away
    - ugly gray/bluish color cast on some maps - env. not as destructive as in BC2 !
    - noisy, too much bang-bang, at the same time you cant hear footsteps of enemies Most of maps are tiny, graphics is not gameplay friendly (contrast bloom hdr way over the top) and hurts your gameplay and eyes, difficult to spot enemies because of too much contrast and and too dark shadows.I was big BF series fan owned BF2,BF2142,BFBC2 but BF3 totally sucks, tiny maps make you feel you play Unreal Tournment and not battlefield. Disappointment of the year :( I suggest you stay with BC2 its much better game.
  5. Dec 18, 2011
    One of the worst game I ve ever player. Too much bugs !!! It's shame ... Most of the time the characters disaspear. I had to start again each mission because of scripts that didn't launch ...
    What a very bad experience. DICE shows us how they can do very dirty job. Don't buy this game if you don't want to waste your money ...
  6. Jan 3, 2012
    Beware. Battlefield 3 isn't a bad game, it can be enjoyable (great graphics/audio, a balanced combination between realism and fun, and the best shooting experience ever seen on this franchise), but it was clearly done in a hurry. The game has huge flaws and is haunted by bad decisions. There is no voice communaction at all on the PC version; they have abandoned the VoIP system, whichBeware. Battlefield 3 isn't a bad game, it can be enjoyable (great graphics/audio, a balanced combination between realism and fun, and the best shooting experience ever seen on this franchise), but it was clearly done in a hurry. The game has huge flaws and is haunted by bad decisions. There is no voice communaction at all on the PC version; they have abandoned the VoIP system, which worked great on Battlefield 2, and all you can do now is talk to people who are on your friend's list. So teamwork = zero. Maps (with the exception of the Back To Karkand DLC) are disappointing: they are few, small, have few vehicles and get boring really fast. The destruction system, which was great in Bad Company 2, is ridiculous; there are way too many walls/buildings that fail to break/go down, and it's nothing like what was shown on the pre-launch videos. Sniper class? Dead. They added a sun beam to the rifle scopes so that anyone can quickly find and kill them. Vehicle collision is horrible; there's no collision damage for land vehicles, and when you hit something, it feels like you're teleporting (that also applies to soldiers on foot, when another player is close to you). Aircraft gameplay is really nice in my opinion, but, again, there's the collision problem. Sometimes they just bounce instead of exploding when you hit the floor/trees/etc at high speed. And the netcode is a joke. I could go on, there are many other bugs/glitches/flaws and, from what we've seen so far, I don't expect DICE to fix them; but that's enough. Some people may not care about these problems. I, however, am not satisfied whith a game that COULD be great but instead was released like a beta (well maybe aplha would be more appropriate) product. If you can't release a decent product in time, postpone it, I don't care, just don't give us crap. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This game has the worst fanbase... resorting to review bombing an undeserving game (MW3).... Shame on you. Every one of you that resorting to the shameful tactic of review-bombing MW3 should be ashamed of yourself!
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm sure that this game was made with the best intentions in mind. The singleplayer looks tight and well made, the multiplayer looks to be the best this year, and the graphics are fantastic. Why, then, did I rate this game so badly? It is, simply, unplayable. Due to bugs still left in the game 2 weeks after release and after beta, the game requires over 2GB vram to be playable at all (thisI'm sure that this game was made with the best intentions in mind. The singleplayer looks tight and well made, the multiplayer looks to be the best this year, and the graphics are fantastic. Why, then, did I rate this game so badly? It is, simply, unplayable. Due to bugs still left in the game 2 weeks after release and after beta, the game requires over 2GB vram to be playable at all (this is not mentioned in the recommended settings, which ask for a paltry 1GB), and without it, the will play smoothly for a few minutes before utilizing all the ram in the computer at once. Leaving a bug in that makes the game unplayable for so long makes me more than a little mad, and so, I am forced to dock more than a few points. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Awful game. Not worth buying this pathetic excuse of a game. Save your money for a game that is actually worth playing. I could not get myself to play more than an hour of this game
  10. Dec 27, 2011
    This game is extremely high quality. The graphics are amazing, the physics are nice and the combat is just incredible. Everything about this game is absolutely perfect.

Too bad there are so many millions of errors involved in installing the game few people actually get to play. **** you, EA.
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    There are no in game menus and it makes you do everything in a web browser. If you can get the game to connect to a server there are tons of cheats and exploits. It has good graphics but the single player story is so bad it made me throw up.
  12. Nov 5, 2011
    What a disappointment. I, like many before me, signed up to write this review exclusively! DON'T BUY THIS GAME - yet! On the positive side:

1. graphics look fantastic 2. cool new login system and matchmaking 3. launch of yet another digital distribution system on the negative side: 1. the game is riddled with bugs like graphics, physics, connections to server, lag. 2. the online

1. graphics look fantastic
    2. cool new login system and matchmaking
    3. launch of yet another digital distribution system

on the negative side:
    2. the online matchmaking system is as of yet crap as there are no proper servers available
    3. launching from a browser is fine, but if the game is not preloaded it takes time(got a SSD setup and the works) and if the server for some reason is no good (lag, ping, players, map) then you'll have to quit the game and go back to the browser, just to start over again.
    4. did I mention that finding actual servers where there is room to play is limited? Early probably for sure...
    5. The settings do not remember your choices even though you confirm three times that "YES I WANT IT". I simply cannot recommend this game, I have seen no changes from the beta to the launch and distributing this game is way too early. Look at the amount of negative feedback, and look how oddly consistent the review sites are in their praise... bought off? I'm probably a conspiracy theorist, but it seems odd that 40% of users reporting on this game is NEGATIVE and further 10% have mixed feelings.

Waste of money because you'll either fail:
    1. your computer does not meet the requirements(mine is top of the line)
    2. your location is not close enough to the few EA servers available (free servers are not possible, paid service - to ensure "product consistency" probably... sure it's consistently ****
    3. your particular OS, drivers, chip set, graphics-card makes the game act just the wrong way.

This game needed another 5 months of re-factoring and code stabilization, as well as some performance measurement and analysis. And the firing what ever sales idiot who pushed this to market ahead of Call of Duty: modern warfare 3.
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Poor and unsatisfying single player, that feels rushed out in order to beat MW3 to the shops. However the big issue for me is the required installation of "Origin", and offensive and bug ridden piece of privacy-invading software. Do not buy.
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is a gutted shell missing half the best features of the series. The awesome graphics engine is let down by the graphics which have been butchered by overdone contrast, global tinting, excessive light glare, flare, and bloom.
    The game features less of everything that matters, factions, maps, maps are smaller, less control points, less vehicles, less classes, etc. etc. Sure new content is there but in no way can it account for what is missing.
    The single player and coop are nothing compared to the original sp and coop of the series. They do little to prepare you for the actual mp gameplay. While they do demonstrate the capabilities of the game, they are a very poor cousin of the original game modes.
    It is much more closer to the Bad Company series and even carries all of the unresolved bugs of the Bad Company series. It's a good game - sure, but that's a let down when an epic game was expected.
  15. Dec 23, 2011
    There are very few FPS games I hate. This is #1 of that 1 game list. I can't say that I don't love the concept, but when applied to the glitchy, craptastic software we're given, I'm left disappointed and severely disgusted. Campaign: I began by trying to set up my keys to how I usually bind them. I've always been able to bind mouse keys, until BF3. So now my knife attack is somewhereThere are very few FPS games I hate. This is #1 of that 1 game list. I can't say that I don't love the concept, but when applied to the glitchy, craptastic software we're given, I'm left disappointed and severely disgusted. Campaign: I began by trying to set up my keys to how I usually bind them. I've always been able to bind mouse keys, until BF3. So now my knife attack is somewhere else on the keyboard, leaving it useless in a melee situation. A bigger problem with the campaign was that I couldn't even play to the ending! For some reason, I have a glitch that kills me on the subway on the last level every time. I played that damn subway about 60 times before saying F-it, I give up. At which point I picked up the multiplayer, which is why I bought the game in the first place.

Multiplayer: Here's where I lost my shyte. First off, the graphics on a map this large are completely lacking. In fact, I felt the graphics brought me back to 2001 Ghost Recon type stuff. I wasn't happy, but figured it was due to the epic size of the map, so I overlooked it. Then the game play fail started. Let me begin by saying that I'm a good first person shooter on multiplayer. I'm usually a top 3 team player on whatever game I pick up. This game left me with a negative kill/death ratio all the time. I understand there's a learning curve, but the slower I go and stop from "runnin n gunnin" the more I got picked off. The vehicle controls plain out suck, so I stopped using them. Must take a crackhead to figure that crap out and it's totally counter intuitive. I pick up a sniper rifle, take aim, BANG, a bloody hit! But wait, the guy's still running, BANG BANG, two more hits! Wait, still running? WTF? 3 second later, I'm running to cut him off and take one sniper bullet and I'm dead. Really? REALLY???

Sorry, I will never buy another BF game. Origin can take the money and stuff it, I'm uninstalling and I'm giving the game and my account to someone I hate.
  16. Jan 9, 2012
    Only one Word: Horrible!
    Only one Word: Horrible!
    lack of taste, lack of effort, all of the scenes are played at night or at least in very dark atmospheres so with a cheap trick you add more dramatic flavor and a (doubtful) sense of reality. Is just like filming a movie in black & white to increase the dramatics. Horrible. The game is not more than a shooting corridor. I believe PackMan had more options in the way to play. The so talked engine... where is it? The enemies are always the same guy and do always the same thing over and over. So much for AI. Ugly, the graphics felt so much better, but so much better in Battlefield Bad Company. The campaign in Call of dutty 2 Modern warfare is a hundred times better and a million times more entretaining. This campaign looks like a game from 1996. How could this happen? O M G what a terrible way to ruin a reputation. Total fiasco. I'm not even gonna try the game on line after this.
    Khorgan
  17. Jun 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In this review im going to talk about Battlefield 3 and the other 2 "expansions".
    This game is suppose to be a competitor of CoD, although i havent played that game ( apart from world at war ) so i cant judge that.
    Battlefield 3 however i can judge after spending more hours then most "professional" reviewers from websites like IGN or whatever they call them.

Frostbite 2

Battlefield 3 introduces the new Frostbite 2 engine which is nothing more then a updated version of the frostbite version we seen in Bad Company 2.
    This engine had serious hitbox issues in multiplayer making multiplayer not worth the effort for a esports community.

Frostbite 2 has fixed this issue as much as they can, however since its a update they will never fix this completely.
    Frostbite 2 did help alot with updating the graphics while keeping the game run smooth, you can run this game on a average pc and still make it look pretty good while having a stable fps.
    On consoles the fps might be a bit lower and the graphics a bit less, however consoles are pretty much outdated now.
    So its not really a suprise the graphics are that far behind, this is just one of the big disadvantages console users have.

Gameplay

This is where a multiplayer focused game like BF3 has to shine, since we all know one of the major rules in online gaming: Graphics last for a week, gameplay lasts forever.
    It seems EA has never heard of this rule though, since the gameplay is where this game is absolute pathetic.
    First of all they went with the failed concept in the new so called "FPS" games and that is putting vehicles in the game.
    Something not a single professional esports game ever had, ( seen any vehicles in counterstrike ? )
    Also the so called "normal" mode the game is just pathetic aswell, health points on players is way to large basicly making the game "he who sprays first sprays best" game.
    Taking about 15 bullets to 1 clip for 1 kill on normal isnt really helping.

On hardcore however the game is pretty decent for this and the gameplay pretty much fixes this, making the normal mode more of a "newbie" setting and hardcore the "pro" setting.

The 1st "expansion" is nothing more then a DLC with a few maps and guns so no point in going into detail there.

The 2nd "expansion" is basicly the same, however this is where they want to directly compete with CoD by making a cqb focused game.
    EA however have never heard of gameplay it seems, CQB expansion is the biggest load of **** and even worse then the orginal BF3 game.
    A huge amount of "lucky spawn" happening in the game also not disabling certain weapons.

What you can see in the expansion in SC2 they learned one other lesson which is "less is more", they remove a unit because its overpowered combined with a other unit.

This is something EA should have done aswell with the latest expansion, by removing weapons like shotguns in the CQB mode/maps you would have created a bit more balanced game.

The biggest problem in that expansion however though is the spawning in the maps, its simply pathetic that something like that passed the beta.
    Clearly shows that EA has put 0% effort into testing that "expansion" with regards to gameplay, they basicly pulled of the same trick activision.
    Which is release a new "expansion" with just a few maps and weapons and cash in.

Community support

What makes or breaks a multiplayer focused game also depends on the community support the developer gives.
    This however is a bit lacking in this game, they could have introduced a bit more support on their website for clans and tournaments.
    At least something like a ranking system, which basicly every serious multiplayer game has.
    A game that doesnt isnt a serious game for a esports community.

Recap:

Graphics : 8
    Sound : 7
    Gameplay : 4 Community support : 4
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    I like the self- affirming idiots who haven't actually played this marketing scam but give it 0's anyway. It is brain dead button mashers like these reviewer's who are so "awed" by trailers, special effects, "perks", ranks, ladders, etc. who sway the game developers to market this drivel. No squad voip? Who else remembers getting in the zone, in a good squad on a weekend and sneakingI like the self- affirming idiots who haven't actually played this marketing scam but give it 0's anyway. It is brain dead button mashers like these reviewer's who are so "awed" by trailers, special effects, "perks", ranks, ladders, etc. who sway the game developers to market this drivel. No squad voip? Who else remembers getting in the zone, in a good squad on a weekend and sneaking behind enemy lines, while talking to the commander about spotting in the back of 64 player Karkand on your favorite server where you recognize everyone? You can't do any of that in bf3. The interface is complete trash. Don't buy this game until they patch the crap out of it. Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    Dissapointing short single player mode , so the graphic i expected better.
    Nice climatic multiplayer mode. I thing the things reach limits are to small.I would like to play longer to ecomplish a target. Very hard to fly jets. Very easy to destroy a tank with bazooka .
    Why soldiers survive hit in chest with dragunow ?
  20. Nov 19, 2011
    This game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the uniqueThis game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the unique ability to "generate" crashes based on calendar dates. Your machine can be sitting idle and one day it would have no crashes, and the next it might generate a cool crash, and some time later, a new unique crash would occur. This program has expanded my computer knowledge by showing me legendary-pokemon-rarity crashes of great magnitudes of awe and amazement. I am truly blessed to witness a failure in such unmatched proportions.

On top of this, the amount of security clearance required to run the game is ridiculous. You must disable antivirus for battlelog to work and lower User Control Settings lowest to stop any potential crashes, and despite all this, the game's ability to generate crashes prevails. I have not spent more time "fixing" a game than this one.

All in all, the game is a good, but before you purchase it, you need to assess your risk. There is a high risk that your machine will not run the game, or will run the game, but crash out frequently. You also run the risk of being hacked (unlikely, but very possible). If your machine runs the game fine, then the game would score a healthy 8-9/10, but if there is any technical difficulties (highly likely), that score would decrease to 0. Weighing into it the probability of technical difficulties, I give a 2.
  21. Mar 24, 2012
    I was always a heavy DICE fan, right since the early days and before with Codename Eagle. But I've been saddened to see them let themselves go, and turn away from creating new, exciting, original and inspired content, and instead have got on the "if it sells, then milk it" bandwagon. Yes, Battlefield 3 will sell, and BF4 and BF5~ will sell, but this game lacks all the love and soul ofI was always a heavy DICE fan, right since the early days and before with Codename Eagle. But I've been saddened to see them let themselves go, and turn away from creating new, exciting, original and inspired content, and instead have got on the "if it sells, then milk it" bandwagon. Yes, Battlefield 3 will sell, and BF4 and BF5~ will sell, but this game lacks all the love and soul of its predecessors, and if I were a DICE developer, I would try to remember why I started making games in the first place.

Battlefield 3 is formulaic, gives the player no control over what they want to do, repeatedly puts you through ridiculous scripted events where your only goal is to "HIT E NOT TO DIE".

The SinglePlayer campaign is also ridiculously short. I started and finished it within the space of maybe 4 hours.

This is not a Battlefield game. Don't be mistaken by the title. This is a CoD clone. If you really love the way CoD is going, then you'll like this. If you want something that makes you feel alive to play it, look somewhere else.

I beseech you, DICE, next time scrap the SP campaign, and replace it with the AI version of multiplayer, as you had in BF1942 and others.
  22. May 20, 2012
    Cowboys-Rednecks-Evil Russians-Evil Muslims-Good Guys American Army-Hollywood story is so bad image that this game radiates is just sickening you can see this in movies in music Mtv... where is the art?
  23. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is terrible,one of the most regretted purchase i've ever made in my life,let's start with pros:Beautiful graphic,gun attachments,many guns and that's all. Cons:Unplayable bugs,memory leak,laggers. BF3 is just pure unplayable,its gameplay is bad as call of duty,campers are everywhere camping the base with a barrett,a very frustrating bug would be another lagger...my bullets neverThis game is terrible,one of the most regretted purchase i've ever made in my life,let's start with pros:Beautiful graphic,gun attachments,many guns and that's all. Cons:Unplayable bugs,memory leak,laggers. BF3 is just pure unplayable,its gameplay is bad as call of duty,campers are everywhere camping the base with a barrett,a very frustrating bug would be another lagger...my bullets never registering laggers,yet 2 bullets could kill you. And worst of the all is that the game is unplayable itself because of the random CTDs,not only it has extremely high CPU,it lag spikes really bad and even CTD. Save your money on that game. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    As much fun and action packed as the smaller maps can be, trudging across a map the size of Nebraska, only to be picked off by a sniper, or shot by a seemingly INVINCIBLE helicopter just doesn't seem like an enjoyable multiplayer experience to me. Campaign = YAWN.
  25. Nov 5, 2011
    The Good: Gun Customization, Vehicles, Graphics, Soldier Camo, Individual/Squad Perks, Suppression System (decreases your accuracy/vision when being shot at), Squad System (minor bugs in it)

The Bad: Hit Detection (major game breaker, no fix yet), Weapon balancing (example: assault rifles beat sniper rifles), Random Game Crashes (no fix yet), Destruction System is decent, but not fully implemented yet (wtf, beta part 2?), Map redesigning required (alot of "meat grinder" areas on maps), bad community, user-interface needs a redesign, Vehicle Perk/Unlock rebalance, Server stability needs improvement, more co-op missions needed (only 6 right now)
  26. Sep 15, 2013
    Making a lengthy comment about what exactly sucks in this game would be a pure waste of time so I will make it short. Battlefield 3 is all about visuals and forgetting the most important thing in an FPS game netcode and hit detection. Sure, other online FPS games have their share of problems when it comes to hit detection but never in my twenty five years of gaming have I seen such poorMaking a lengthy comment about what exactly sucks in this game would be a pure waste of time so I will make it short. Battlefield 3 is all about visuals and forgetting the most important thing in an FPS game netcode and hit detection. Sure, other online FPS games have their share of problems when it comes to hit detection but never in my twenty five years of gaming have I seen such poor implementation of it. You will get one-shotted by a shotgun from 100+ meters away which is a huge stretch even for buck ammo and loose a chest to chest fire fight with an MG against a 9mm gun. You will also experience sudden deaths even a second or two after you've reached safe cover because the client-side hit detection system does a poor job of synchronizing what happens on both players sides the one that is shooting and the one that takes cover. How can anyone expect to play a fast action game like an FPS when what I am seeing is not what the other guy sees?

If it wasn't for this huge problem Battlefield 3 would probably get a score around 8/10 or even 9/10 but when you screw up such an important thing like hit detection in a game that is primarily meant to be played in multiplayer... Well.. 3/10 for me.
  27. Nov 9, 2011
    The singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they'reThe singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they're pieces of brick video geomotry) even worse whenever they have a path to follow they don't go around you they just push your avatar out of the way, it's the most embarrassing video game story to follow I've ever seen in a game of this generation with all of the spectacular visuals going on around you you can't navigate around your squad and they can't navigate around you. When you see your squad member running right at you then just continue the running animation right in your face as your avatar pushes out of the way you'll know what I mean.

On the other hand if battlefield war is what you want then the multiplayer is inexplicabaly incredible, the best capture the flag that you can get right on your computer. Nothing like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it has a completely different flowy feel to it. There's nothing like seeing a squad run across a road you're guarding waiting for cover from your squad knowing they're real people on the other side of the computer and if they see you it's completely unpredictable what any of them might do.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    I do not understand why everybody thinking that game is nice, super, great itc. In my opinion this is medium game. I do not like bf3!!!!! Sound effects is so bad, but graphics is ok.
  29. Nov 19, 2011
    I buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engineI buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engine etc. but it`s much faster and more enjoyable. ; ) Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed previous BF titles and was looking forward to getting my derriere kicked in this one too. However I do not pay £30+ for the privilege of EA giving me a digital cavity search. As long as spyware and ham-fisted installation procedures are compulsory with EA titles I'll take my business elsewhere.
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2. 2. Single Player feels like a Movie sequel's, there's no depth just a sell out of big explosion and lots of disorientating camera movement that tricks the average joe. 3. It's using Punk buster 4. Battlelog 5. Origin 6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched 7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2.
    3. It's using Punk buster
    4. Battlelog
    5. Origin
    6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched
    7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service to the game is poor
    8. Disconnections
    9. Stuttering
    10. Character movement and feel is inferior to Call of Duty. It is heavy and very slow.

There's little to make up from this game and I don't care about how graphically insane it is. Unplayable is just unplayable.

This game does warrant a demo and try and buy, however, let me warn everyone their service is lousy and it took them 6 months plus to clean out Bad Company 2 and that started off better than BF3. BF3 started off way worse...be warned it maybe a year and a dead community before it can be considered clean.
  32. Dec 22, 2011
    Graphics are good,love campaign and location, but bf3 on console is a flopp, and no matter what platform the sound is horrible it is the worst sounding fps i have ever played i felt like i was at the carnival trying to shoot out the entire red star they all sound like pellet guns WTF!!environment destruction seemed to be turned down and all the hype ea (not dice) and the bf die hard tryGraphics are good,love campaign and location, but bf3 on console is a flopp, and no matter what platform the sound is horrible it is the worst sounding fps i have ever played i felt like i was at the carnival trying to shoot out the entire red star they all sound like pellet guns WTF!!environment destruction seemed to be turned down and all the hype ea (not dice) and the bf die hard try hard fanboys and trolls shoved down everyones throat was all for nothing...movement is horrible at least for console and the overall fun factor( being in gunfights which is the whole point of a FPS) is completely lacking with the majority of my time running to the action just to be sniped or laid out by a 9 yr old prone just camping away or trying to get teammates to actual help complete objectives so unless they are friends it is every man for himself 95% of the time..this was a complete waste of money i def expected more this is EXACTLY just a newer MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5!!!! same sound same movement same look down to the T... Expand
  33. Nov 9, 2011
    This game has the most awful balancing ever. Sniper rifles rule, vehicles feel really poor (at least on the pc) and the community itself is really awful. This makes the game very hard to get into. On top of the singleplayer being probably the worst I've ever played. Multiplayer is just as bad and just as boring. It's been done before in other games. The game doesn't really have theThis game has the most awful balancing ever. Sniper rifles rule, vehicles feel really poor (at least on the pc) and the community itself is really awful. This makes the game very hard to get into. On top of the singleplayer being probably the worst I've ever played. Multiplayer is just as bad and just as boring. It's been done before in other games. The game doesn't really have the identity the original franchise had. A lot of hype and not much else. The game does absolutely nothing evolutionary and definitely not revolutionary, it's just stagnant in terms of moving the "realism" shooter forward. Expand
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    Everyone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everythingEveryone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everything in a FPS game(or any kind of game).Few years ago everybody played commandos(although its a strategy game) and enjoyed it(Like i did)but it wasn't full of lighting or ANT tech....dah dah dah....so??It's true that everyone doesn't like run and gun.BUT....you have to remember that-----COD IS THE BEST......... Expand
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    Look, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    Didn't live up to the hype. The graphics are sub-par and the controls are slow. Multiplayer is plagued by 12 year old girls. The UI makes me want to die.
  37. Feb 17, 2012
    Game simply doesn't work. Punkbuster kept kicking me until the game became unplayable. Lots of people have been experiencing the same thing and DICE refuse to/don't know how to fix it. It recently attempted to make me redownload 4GB of the game files for no reason, there hadn't even been an update released. After weeks of trying to get it to work I uninstalled the game and the terribleGame simply doesn't work. Punkbuster kept kicking me until the game became unplayable. Lots of people have been experiencing the same thing and DICE refuse to/don't know how to fix it. It recently attempted to make me redownload 4GB of the game files for no reason, there hadn't even been an update released. After weeks of trying to get it to work I uninstalled the game and the terrible Origin DRM that it came with. What an absolute waste of time and money. Also the online community is plagued by rude teenage fanboys who'll attack you at the very suggestion that the game isn't working, possibly on EA's payroll /shrug Expand
  38. Jan 13, 2012
    I regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because theI regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because the opposite player has more equipment than you. There is so much customization that it completely destroys balance. Out of all the Battlefield games I've played, no, out of all the FPS multiplayers I've played this has to be the biggest pile of ridiculous I've been on. Where with previous Battlefield games destruction was a staple in the Battlefield diet it's now just a simple appetizer offering barely any destruction. With the ridiculous amount of customization, limited destruction, and huge maps where it would take hours to actually find any action you are left with just the spawn screen due to the incisive problem of camping. You thought it was bad in *insert game* you have no idea how bad it is in this game. You're expected to find someone prone on the ground in a bush on a map the size of Texas and only after you had to run 3 mile to a place just to get killed, sent back to GO, do not collect $200. Some people may argue "Oh you're not playing it right, be patient, don't leave your base", I bought this game for the action element in a First Person Shooter not a First Person Hide and Seek in a bush for 2 hours. Players on other FPS don't nearly camp this hard, not even in Modern Warfare! Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT waste your money on this game! There are plenty other brand new games coming out and if you were thinking about getting rid of Bad Company 2, DON'T!!! Bad Company 2's multiplayer game-play is 100x better than Battlefield 3. Expand
  39. Nov 9, 2011
    This game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about manyThis game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about many things. They dont care anymore, they just pretend to care. They made a game to make money by reaching COD community but they lost their roots by doing that. VERY sad... R.I.P. Battlefield series. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2012
    Untill you bring us back the previous way to play the game is COMPLETELY useless!!! Guys don't let you be blackmailed by the game dev. Simply because the wake-up one day and thought:"Oh, lets make some more money, from the gamers!!!" Great game, ruined by its creators!!! TRAGIC!!!
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short.I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short. The only thing that made it feel longer was the stupid keystrokes to get through certain maps (hit space, then left mouse botton). Man I miss the old BF days when you had the enemy AI drones running around. Multiplayer is larger, but that is it. The interface is awful, looks and feels disjointed from the game. Since there are so many other posts about gliches and poor release quality, I'm not going there. Overall, diappointed. Expand
  42. Nov 19, 2011
    Given the state of this game, now I understand why BF3 released a Beta before the BF3 or MW3 release. BF3 is loaded with bugs, to include serious video issues; I cannot play using SLI. Very demanding game as hardware is concerned. Spawn camping makes multiplayer unplayable. I just wasted 60 bucks for this garbage that looks great!
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm a big fan on Battlefield but both Bad Companys and this abomination are not worthy enough to wear the name Battlefield. Everyone who voted 10 have obviously never played real FPS games.
  44. Mar 27, 2012
    This should have been the best FPS ever. Single player is average, but I only bought this game for the multiplayer. And at first it met expectations, plenty of unlockables the steep learning curve I love it gives a real sense of satisfaction, rare in games today. HOWEVER this game was far from finished before release and full of bugs. Where to start issues range from niggly-not being ableThis should have been the best FPS ever. Single player is average, but I only bought this game for the multiplayer. And at first it met expectations, plenty of unlockables the steep learning curve I love it gives a real sense of satisfaction, rare in games today. HOWEVER this game was far from finished before release and full of bugs. Where to start issues range from niggly-not being able to join a online game as a squad with friends, crashes plenty too, Annoying-lag and hit detection.. To damn RAGING the game became unplayable due to glitching - spawning WITHOUT a gun. This is the worst experience of gaming in my life. I am not alone, the battlelog forums are crammed with complaints and can only advise not to touch this game. Shame. one word review-BROKEN I personally feel DICE have taken a big dump on their customers heads and an apology/explanation is long over due. Expand
  45. wr2
    Nov 5, 2011
    The game's SP campaign clearly represents the rare case when you hate your comrades more than your enemies. Oh, wait, you hate not your comrades, you hate the stupid programmers who scripted them to become unstoppable bulldozers pushing you out of cover and right under enemy gunfire. Seeing a good firing position behind a reliable cover? Wait, don't rush to it yet, there is a very goodThe game's SP campaign clearly represents the rare case when you hate your comrades more than your enemies. Oh, wait, you hate not your comrades, you hate the stupid programmers who scripted them to become unstoppable bulldozers pushing you out of cover and right under enemy gunfire. Seeing a good firing position behind a reliable cover? Wait, don't rush to it yet, there is a very good chance that bot scripting guy saw it too. Because, you know, his bots are more valuable than your stupid character, and he hadn't bothered to think about your natural moves, so you will be squeezed out indefinitely. The real problem is quite simple: there is no advanced AI for NPCs. Or, rather, there is no AI at all. Bots from both sides follow predestined routes, kill each other at predestined times, your actions don't affect anything at all, and playing at hard difficulty means that in tight spots you have to memorize bots' moves, then carefully maneuver among them. If you break the script somehow, say, by staying behind your squad, you will eventually find out that enemy stops moving. They are out of scripted moves and have no idea what to do next. I know this is a multiplayer game, all right. But what's the point of adding a single player campaign if its only accomplishment is total frustration among gamers? Expand
  46. Nov 5, 2011
    Callofdutyfield: Bad Company. Dumbed down in every respect. CoD style gameplay (CoD is a bad word for any serious pc gamer, and deservedly). Might be considered a successor for Bad Company but certainly not for bf2. Hardcore mode feels like easy/normal.
    Singleplayer total joke.
    Singleplayer total joke.
    Killing of medic class worst idea ever. Now everyone has either medpack or paddles. They boast they promote teamplay by killing off medic class, the only dedicated team player???!!!!??
    Destruction worse than bc2. Building collapse still heavily scripted and debris is not persistent or interactive. Can't destroy a fcking chair with tank shoot.
    Jets fly at speeds you never know if pilot isn't doing a free fall kamikaze suicide run.
    Sound is realistic. So realistic it hurts the game. Explosions sound a lot worse than bc2 and most guns sound similar or downright same.

...and many many many more flaws...

I cannot see this game be played for more than 2 years from now. Compare that to bf2 which is still actively played today (6 years after release). Mark my words in 2 years time there's bf4, and then 5,6,7,8,9.....lack of mod tools is meant to deny the community to prolong the lifespan of this game by correcting fundamental flaws so that EA can dish out new battlefield every 1/2 years (CoD). The excuse they made for not releasing the mod tools is a total insult....I could go on like that forever. Not touching any other EA game, only through torrents.
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    best multiplayer to date!!! its a fantastic game that after playing 160 hours, doesnt get old. the multiplayer is just so awesome!!!! there are tons of vehicles, weapons and accessories. the maps are awesome and mostly have great design. there are few places were the design feels a bit flawed but overall its great and every map feels unique. in its launch the game had a lot of stabilitybest multiplayer to date!!! its a fantastic game that after playing 160 hours, doesnt get old. the multiplayer is just so awesome!!!! there are tons of vehicles, weapons and accessories. the maps are awesome and mostly have great design. there are few places were the design feels a bit flawed but overall its great and every map feels unique. in its launch the game had a lot of stability issues but it s ok now. the netcode (some kind of code in the game) isnt so good. for instance you can get shot even if you got into cover or the game wont do your reload even if you just saw the animation. this moments arent so bad, but in my opinion thats what holds this game back. the game is also a bit glitchy (though they patch it a lot. the multiplayer also has these amazing epic scenes that you get from playing (theyre name is battlefield moments). theyre not artificial and thyre really awesome and epic.
    the campaign is good, though pretty linear. the story is told in flashback (i dont really like this and isnt really special but its good enough to keep you in it. the missions are cool, even if near the end they can get a bit repetetive (the way shooters tend to do). the game is also beautiful, and one of the best looking games i have ever seen both in multiplayer and singleplayer). the games textures and effects are amazing, and they the game to a new level. there are also 6 co op missions, which are pretty fun.
    overall an extremely good game and one of my favorites. it has the best multiplayer to date!! the campaighn is also pretty good, if you want a multiplayer game buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  48. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefied 3 - is a pathetic parody of Call Of Duty. The plot is identical to the campaign in Call Of Duty: Black Ops, special operations copied from Modern Warfare 2. The only plus is the multiplayer, but it's full of bugs and flaws. EA and Dice have to work and work.
  49. Apr 22, 2013
    Horrible singleplayer and coming to the game at this stage the dlc and additional "catch up" packs that have to be paid for mean that to stand any chance at all in current multiplayer games you have to spend at least another 30 bucks...no F(*&ing way i'm paying extra just to play on a level playing field, GJ EA...FU
  50. Mar 6, 2013
    Should be renamed to call of field bad company 3.
    Plays nothing like the pre- bad company battlefields.
    Trying too hard to make itself look serious by attracting casual audience from call of duty.
  51. Nov 8, 2011
    Really. Boring. Gameplay. Takes forever just to find a guy to shoot. no, this game is TERRIBLE. At least call of duty is better than this crap. fast and nice gameplay, and MW3 got rated better than this crappy thing. hahaha,
  52. Nov 12, 2011
    general assessment: the graph of the game is simply fantastic and the sound is just as good.
    The interesting thing about this "revolution" is that it pushes the next game to another level and that is good for us players. Regarding the sound, I just remember another game that made â
  53. Nov 16, 2011
    Realism just doesn't seem to work for a game. It ruins all the fun, which is why I chose MW3 over BF3. MW3 is fun and fast-paced, and you'll play it a lot longer than you think. As for Battlefield 3, there's nothing to unlock. Basically the game remains on the same level from start to end. You start to feel frustrated along the game, because it feels like you're stuck and you're notRealism just doesn't seem to work for a game. It ruins all the fun, which is why I chose MW3 over BF3. MW3 is fun and fast-paced, and you'll play it a lot longer than you think. As for Battlefield 3, there's nothing to unlock. Basically the game remains on the same level from start to end. You start to feel frustrated along the game, because it feels like you're stuck and you're not reaching anything. You're not being rewarded. No titles, no emblems, nothing. It's boring. Expand
  54. Mar 18, 2012
    Everything that Kislen said +1, apart from i think after this event i WILL be boycotting EA and DICE games, this was their last chance to redeem themselves.

The netcode is absolutely terrible, and i class the game as unplayably broken. The game is now 6 months old since official release, and still in this poor state. I would employ anybody reading this who also suffers form this

I would employ anybody reading this who also suffers form this appalling netcode issue to write their own zero-score review... who knows it may actually push DICE to fix the damn client side hitreg.

Unfortunatly as it stands the game has very favourable reviews, and i was suckered into believeing them on here, as i understand it, not everybody is suffering from the netcode issues, but enough people are for it to warrant some serious attention from DICE.

But i know from playing for the last 2 months that even if the netcode is fixed, the game is still very boring at heart, it looks good, but thats about it, once you know the maps and have unlocked about 3 guns with each class, you have seen it all really.

If i were to write a list of things that need to change in this game to make it worth even a $20 price tag it would look like this: LIST OF THINGS THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE; EVERYTHING! Origin client sucks... battlelog sucks..... glitchy hoping over walls not working 50% of time sucks..... getting stuck joging on the spot because a slightly large pebble is at your feet sucks..... glitchy knife not working 50% of time sucks..... really horrible gun recoil sucks....... overpowered vehicles sucks...... unfair net play due to high pingers gaining an advantage sucks...... downgrade in environment destructibility from BC2 sucks...... bland weapon unlocks sucks..... repetitively bland unlocks sucks....... unlocks just suck anyway...... mouse lag in jets sucks..... 99% of players being campers sucks...... no sniper cap sucks.... suppression sucks...... All the things mentioned are issues you will experience all the time in every single server you play on... The game is just bad... Avoid it if you still can, and if you bought it and are having any of the issues, don't forget to rate it negatively, and help warn others unfortunate enough to even be contemplating purchasing this CON of a game.

The 'game' gets a zero from me, and i usually believe that no game in the world deserves 0 points, however this is an exception for me, because of the false promises that EA and DICE fed the pc community; (the very people that funded their earlier games, and put them where they are today)
    EA announced that the pc version would recieve special attention vs it's console counter parts, that was complete BS! yeah, we get 64 player servers..... that's all... and it's a shame we can't even enjoy those 64 player matches with such bad netcode..... The truth is that EA are just a money hungry corporation, and really don't care about your experience in their games, they have my money now for bf3.. and they don't give a damn about my (or any other customer's) problems, i would give this game a minus figure if i could, and for the experience i've had playing this POS, I don't think i'd even play it if i was getting paid to.... it's just not worth risking my mental health
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    Played this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where goodPlayed this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where good gameplay was defined by skill, and not the ridiculous amount of over the top killstreak rewards and perks someone can have? This game, no, this franchise is scarred and beyond repair... A waste of my money. Expand
  56. Nov 18, 2013
    Nothing of this game is good. The story is written so poorly, with a cut scene every five minutes. This game is filled with Quick Time events, and even if you fail the quick time event your buddy will come and save you. The game is so easy, I died only once, due to unfair enemies just to make the game seem harder. The voice acting is poor. I feel like I am playing a dumbed down version ofNothing of this game is good. The story is written so poorly, with a cut scene every five minutes. This game is filled with Quick Time events, and even if you fail the quick time event your buddy will come and save you. The game is so easy, I died only once, due to unfair enemies just to make the game seem harder. The voice acting is poor. I feel like I am playing a dumbed down version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, yeah, I said it! The story is the same as all First Person hand Holders, bad people kill people so we have to kill them. I feel as if I am controlling a robot, this game feels like I am incapable of doing anything myself and has to hold my hand. This game is so short, it is sad. I could spend more time in the first level of Deus Ex than playing this entire game. They pad this just to make it longer. AI characters have to follow you everywhere, treating you like a child! They have to open doors for you! The enemy AI is even worse, walking into your gun fire.
    There is a mission that makes you think you are going to fly a jet, but it is just on rails shooter! Not a good one either. I got so board after five seconds of this piece of crap! I am so offended by this game, why did I spend money on? I want to destroy this game.
    I feel like my computer is about to shoot itself for me just playing this game.
    The shooting just sucks, there is no power to the weapons. All of the weapons are the same, they all fire the same, take the same time to reload, the same amount of ammo to kill an enemy. They all sound as if a cat is sneezing.
    There is regenerating health, are you a star fish x10000 or something?
    Your AI partners are so incapable of killing anyone, I don't even want them there! All they are doing there is just to further the story.
    This game has none of the wakey over-the-top stuff from Call of Duty. Most of the time in this game you are ducked behind cover because the enemy AI shoot a never ending stream of bullets at you. Not that it matters because you are a starfish x10000.
    I feel this game is a step back in human evolution. Yeah the reverse of the Theory of Evolution.

I know a bunch of fan boys will say "Oh this game is for the multiplayer that is what it is the multiplayer is good it is good play the multiplayer it is good"
    BULL CRAP!
    I played the multiplayer, it sucks. It is the normal multiplayer of this generation of First Person Hand Holders. You start with a load out. One thing I can say is load outs suck! Play Half Life's multiplayer where you have to pick up weapons on the map, and if you die you start with a pistol. Load outs make it so you don't have to look around the map. It also gives higher level players an advantage over others because the have better equipment. The whole leveling system sucks anyway I wish games would take it out. They should take a Que from Halo which had a good multiplayer (For this gen)with no load outs!
    It is the same thing over and over, you die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, die.

I think this game should be renamed 3"
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    Bland. Single player is just bleh boring and stale; left a bad taste in my mouth. Moving from that into the multiplayer it's just the same as Battlefield 2. Literally nothing new is included in this game that isn't in BF2 or BFBC2. If you've played those games don't buy this one.
  58. Feb 17, 2012
    the singleplayer have good graphics and gameplay.
    but the multiypalyer are just awful with full bugs and feel like World War 2 combat.
    vehicles and tanks not gives realism feeling and the physics are very not real...
    totally spend of 50 bucks
  59. Mar 19, 2013
    Looks beautiful, but gameplay is not very well thought trough. It allows teams with squads supported by voice communication and superior unlocks simply steamroll the team with random players. No effective autobalancing, no voice chat for the random team... simply turns them into sheep for slaughter for the sake of several people's fun. Also cheap fun... cause winning against team whoLooks beautiful, but gameplay is not very well thought trough. It allows teams with squads supported by voice communication and superior unlocks simply steamroll the team with random players. No effective autobalancing, no voice chat for the random team... simply turns them into sheep for slaughter for the sake of several people's fun. Also cheap fun... cause winning against team who struggle to do even smallest of cooperation is hardly fun... its as fun as winning tennis match against blindfolded opponent. Also the overnerfs of stuff in this game making it only cosmetic (like the new plane AC130 or something like that... overnerfed main gun is as strong as throwing pebbles from very far on the vertical move on moving targets instead of making the plance a monster above battlefield even if only for a while now and then; or the snipers halogens mounted on scopes). But the poor autobalancing is the main thing that kills the game for any non-hardcore player that is playing with "clan". Expand
  60. Mar 15, 2012
    If you've played Battlefield 2 and/or 2142, and not just the Bad Company spinoff series, you will be dissapointed with the way the franchise is headed with Battlefield 3.
    The game is by no means made for the fanbase that helped DICE get big as a company, rather it has become a generic shooter without any teamplay features or depth.
    Singleplayer: ------------- The singleplayer campaign

Singleplayer:
    -------------

The singleplayer campaign is one big ripoff of all earlier CoD campaigns, and even so it's lacking immersion.
    It's simply too linear and too restricted in it's gameplay, and you'll find yourself being a spectator while the game plays itself before you. At some point you'll complete an entire mission just by pressing space...

I found the difficulty to scale alright, although the AI seemed quite clumsy, a fact that DICE has tried to correct by giving them aimbot. - They'll basically oneshot you from across the map with shotguns...

Co-op:
    ------

Is fun during the first playthrough, but get bland very quickly, as there is very few missions, and the ones that you get are very little creative, not to mention the fact that you'll have to grind them in order to unlock some weapons. - All in all this gamemode seems unfinished and should probably not have been in the game at all, coop can by no means be compared to the "specops" of CoD.

Multiplayer:
    ------------

This is where DICE/EA really went wrong, in my oppinion.
    Instead of taking the features that made the Battlefield series great, they've thrown 80% of the features out of the window and simplyfied the rest to uselessness. I'll list a few of the things that made the game fail, as far as I'm concerned:

- Only way to play the game is to start it through Origin, EA's alternative to Steam, no biggie you might think, but you'll actually have to allow said program to scan not only the game folder, but your entire computer for who knows what reason. Also if you want to get the game listed in Steam, you'd end up having to start Steam which would then start Origin, which again would start Battlelog and only then you'd be able to start the game, that is if both Origin and Battlelog decides to work that is.

- With the Commander position out of the game, only the Squadleader would able to organise the team, but all that the role is given is giant bullseye on it's back; tools for giving orders and even a useable map are nonexistant in the game.

- The game of course has vehicles, but they have been weakened to the extent that they are now little more than a quick "killstreak", and no longer an important tool that might help a team win.

- The game is all about the fast paced closequarter action, and this would be fine had they finally gotten the hang of getting hit recognition to work, but alas this works as bad as in all earlier installments. - No VO-IP and an unfinished Commo-rose makes it next to impossible to communicate with your team, at least to the extent of making a tactical difference.

- If you plan on playing with buddies you're in tough luck, as it is next to impossible to get all on the same team, let alone in the same squad.

As mentioned the battlefield series is no longer for people who wants a casual war simulator, but is now more and more becoming a generic CoD clone. A fact that becomes more apparent with each DLC. If you're part of the Call of Duty fanbase this game is actually made for you, and as such you could very well consider this game, though in my oppinion youd probably still be better off with CoD, as they simply are better at what they do. And this pains me very much, the fact that had DICE continued to improve on the features that made them great, they could probably have made the best shooter of all time, but instead they decided to go for the casual crowd, and through them some easy money. The result of this is at best a mediocre game, that attempts too much but accomplishes too little.
  61. Apr 9, 2012
    I played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. II played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. I choose normal difficulty and most of the time i got myself killed. Quess that is the reality of war, you are stupid and die...It was boring. Overall campaing left me bored and i quited it couple of times before finishing. Like bad company 2, most of it just repeated itself over and over. Multiplayer wise game is awesome, sadly i dont enjoy that type of gameplay. It´s awesome, but not for me. Was some solid action for couple of hours, but that´s it. Expand
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I feel I need to write this view as a big group of gamers are being ignored in relation to this game and many other FPS games. COOP gamers that want to play as a team against the computer. I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many hours. This latest version has a pretty dreadful 2 player only coop mode and no bot mode like the other games had. I find this disappointing. I admit I am not the best player in the world, nor the worst but I find the player vs player modes too frustrating on this game and get fed up of being killed without even seeing where the shot came from.

EA if you want to see what consumer base you are missing out on having as customers, look at world of warcraft for example. It is a game with both player vs computer and player vs player modes. Which is more popular? Player vs computer.

This is made all the more frustrating by the fact this game looks incredible, sounds incredible, has great vehicles and weapons. Unless I am willing to partake in the steepest learning curve ever and get repeatedly destroyed by some 'uber' 13 year old I am basically unable to take advantage of this.

This makes this game the most frustrating currently in existence.
  63. Mar 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game bothers me so bad! I am one of the most die-hard fans of modern war games out there but this game was just a major disappointment... I think the lowest point is the part where you are forced to take part in an air assault that begins with a 15 minute uninterruptable cutscene where you are forced to perform mundane manuevers. This is then followed with a level that is unexciting and annoying at the same time. Really you mean I can't control the plane? Just fire flares when I'm shot at and try in vain to shoot other planes down even though I can't aim at them. Stupid! The ground combat is fun and I think the portion involving tanks is great, until they have you get out of the tank to do someone else's job. This is just dumb because in real life a tanker would not get out to blow up mines while the rest of the army stays safely behind him. I know this is supposed to be a heroic story but come on....

I know that the multiplayer is where this game is supposed to shine but it just doesn't do it for me. I am annoyed that they still use a health bar that doesn't regenerate. I understand the need to be different but that sure seems like an outdated way to do things. Especially for a top of the line game like Battlefield. There are not enough people out there with team spirit to allow me to believe that when I"m hurt a medic is going to come along and heal me. I played this game for like 3 days and don't think I was once healed by a medic when I was close to death. I found that it was just easier to run off and die and just try to respawn closer to the objective. Played the campaign once and played the online for like 3 days. Now the game is on a shelf collecting dust and it will stay there for a long long time.
  64. Apr 15, 2012
    Downgraded Battlefield 2. This game was to be continued where Battlefield 2 ended. However, this game was truly great in the alpha. There was no blue layer, it was more yellow/brownish saturation which everyone loved, but DICE thought it was a good idea to make it more consolized than it already is.
    The suppression was balanced and most of the guns were close in terms of balance. Now when this new patch released, the entire game went to a horrible direction. It makes no sense whatsoever to introduce bullet spread during suppression.

To Summarize: DICE really went to hell.
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    Battlefield 3 was supposed to be the
    game of the century. It was supposed to bring
    with it the best graphics and the best story of any first person shooter in recent history, but it didn't. Electronic Art's Digital Illusions CE (EA- DICE) has long led the sector in realism, drawing you into the war, evoking emotions previously reserved for games scripted almost as much as movies. In
    Battlefield 3 was supposed to be the
    game of the century. It was supposed to bring
    with it the best graphics and the best story of
    any first person shooter in recent history, but it
    didn't. Electronic Art's Digital Illusions CE (EA-
    DICE) has long led the sector in realism, drawing you into the war, evoking emotions previously reserved for games scripted almost as much as movies. In Battlefield 3's campaign mode, however, the gameplay is slow, predictable and doesn't make you feel as though you are making a difference. The multiplayer game is sculpted so carefully that it would be concievable to forget that it was pre-made at all.
    The multiplayer game is incredibly chaotic, often trancending the constraints of a traditional video game, with small actions radically changing the simulated world and rendering some strategies and equipment useless, while simultaneously granting opportunities people using others. Many items in the maps are destructible, so a well placed RPG can destroy almost any sniper nest, an accutate pistol shot can destroy a helicopter, and a exellently piloted helicopter can take on a small army. Boats, Planes, Anti-Aircraft Guns, Helicopters, Tanks, JAVELIN missiles, and hundreds of guns are ready for use, a well put together social interface (BattleLog) allow for infinite combinations, and the scoring system favors teamwork over kamikaze raids.
    Battlefield 3 brings with it many annoyances, and thousands of quirks. The beautiful graphics and chaotic multiplayer almost outweigh the lack of a decent campaign mode, but alas this game fits into the category filled with thousands of games made for quick and easy fun, lacking challenge, and full of cliched elements. Battlefield 3 was expected to be the next iteration of the interesting and innovative game-play of the previous Battlefield games, not the repetitive and annoying habits of cheap action books, movies and games. The wow factor of the graphics can almost overcome the problems, but DICE has grown weary of the fight, and has decided that one botched campaign cannot possibly cause them to lose their grip on the gaming battlefield.
  66. Dec 5, 2012
    Battlefield 3, for me was a huge waste of time. Sure the graphics were pretty, but the single player was an utter bore and a shadow of a familiar plot line. The plot line reeks of "we couldn't really be bothered". As for the multiplayer, I purchased the Limited Edition and found I could not activate back to Karkland. When I tried to get it activated they never bothered to do anything aboutBattlefield 3, for me was a huge waste of time. Sure the graphics were pretty, but the single player was an utter bore and a shadow of a familiar plot line. The plot line reeks of "we couldn't really be bothered". As for the multiplayer, I purchased the Limited Edition and found I could not activate back to Karkland. When I tried to get it activated they never bothered to do anything about it despite contacting them about the issue. Furthermore, the comments about how great the multiplayer is are a fantasy cooked up in the minds of those craving another battlefield title. Battlefield 1942 was amazing and innovative on release, Battlefield 3 is another same old, same old with the added ability to fly planes and drive tanks. While entertaining at times, I'd hardly call it 'original'. It really was nothing special for me and has further disinterested me in the first person shooters that are spewing out of the publishers these days. Expand
  67. Jan 13, 2013
    I want to like this game, I really do, but there is ONE thing that keeps that from happening: I can not play it on my computer because I use an Intel HD graphics card. It says it can run at around a medium-high setting, but it lags horribly, even with the graphics settings as low as they can be. Sure, most games don't recognize the card, but they still run very well when I adjust theI want to like this game, I really do, but there is ONE thing that keeps that from happening: I can not play it on my computer because I use an Intel HD graphics card. It says it can run at around a medium-high setting, but it lags horribly, even with the graphics settings as low as they can be. Sure, most games don't recognize the card, but they still run very well when I adjust the settings to what the card can do. The last time a game lagged like this it was because of dust getting on the card. You could have a card+processor that can run Total War: Shogun 2, but if it's Intel, you will have 3 FPS on low settings. While looking at the ground. Expand
  68. Jan 31, 2013
    What"going casual" means: to refocus from enjoying the challenge and competition of a game to unlocking items and gaining [redundant] levels in the form of "ranks"; neither are tangible, but only one brings me back, again and again.

I don't even know why you'd change a game so, did they think it'd be capable of competing with Call of Duty? Terrible.
  69. Mar 7, 2013
    This game can deliver some great moments particularly in multiplayer. Graphics are fantastic also. The thing that lets it down is the client side collision detection, which makes things a lot more of a lottery than they should be. Ducking behind a wall only to die afterwards just creates a sense of dissatisfaction that is hard to work with.
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    Multiplayer is boring and rife with wallhacks and aimbots. Single player is basically a movie you get to participate in occasionally. I got it for free as a bonus for another purchase, so I guess I didn't waste anything but my time. I might play the upcoming BF for free!
  71. Jan 27, 2015
    This game is devoid of anything like "Battlefield 2" calling it Battlefield 3 is the first mistake.

Squad chat voice chat
    Rose menu
    Servers and Latency with the netcode == punched in the face with sloppy spaghetti.

This is more like a Bad company game with Net play
  72. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  73. Dec 17, 2014
    Not a good game, EA is doing their best to earn money by releasing a broken game

Please avoid this or any next BF game. Because they have ruined so many franchises.
  74. Sep 30, 2016
    Battlefield 3 campaign doesn't compare to battlefield 4 campaign, The multiplayer may be good but....
    I found the campaign just plain boring, the story was poor and the weapons are no way near as good as battlefield 4.
    The optimization is fantastic and graphics are supreme for its days!
    I only recommend this for the pvp not campaign
  75. Nov 19, 2011

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]