7.5

1. Jan 31, 2013
    What"going casual" means: to refocus from enjoying the challenge and competition of a game to unlocking items and gaining [redundant] levels in the form of "ranks"; neither are tangible, but only one brings me back, again and again.

I don't even know why you'd change a game so, did they think it'd be capable of competing with Call of Duty? Terrible.
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After being disgusted with Bad Company 2. I was very dissapointed with Battlefield 3 and the way the Battlefield franchise is going. Just so you fanboys can flag this and leave here's a summary:

+Good Graphics and Sounds
    +Co-op
    -Bad SP storyline
    -dull gameplay
    -Rent a Server
    -MP not staying true to the series
    -Overall Fanbase

Let me say that the graphics are at it's best, though I had a problem running it on high, I was still immensly satisfied with the looks of the game. But good graphics don't make or break a game. The single player campaign is a bland storyline where you play as a marine in custody in New York as your main character. The story is flashbacks of his recent career as a marine with every generic thing we've seen in a Modern Military FPS: Nukes and Russians. The story of blackburn is really taken from Call of Duty: Black Ops and every major moment in the game is inspired from a Call of Duty Game.

The Co-op was very enjoyable with a friend, though very short. Each mission requires much teamwork and strategy. You play through a series of 6 missions each requiring you do different things from different milliaries.

The multiplayer was very dissapointing, many glitches and hackers can be found. Teamkillers and trollers are often always present. And when they aren't, you can often be expected to be spawn-killed and quickscoped. The health system is terrible. If you stand 100m away, you can spray a full clip into your enemy and he will survive. If you stand 50m from your enemy, we will die with 2 bullets to the legs. Very unrealistic and just flat out bad hit detection. Though weapon balancing is okay, many players will hide in front of walls so their legs can be hidden in the walls, very easy to solve but DICE doesn't have any attention to solve it.

In conclusion, if you're a long time fan of the Battlefield Franchise, you will be very dissapointed with this game. DICE has made the game to attract casual audiences to attempt to make a "Call of Duty Killer" which is very dissapointing considering Battlefield was very good in it's own way before BC2.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    Multiplayer is boring and rife with wallhacks and aimbots. Single player is basically a movie you get to participate in occasionally. I got it for free as a bonus for another purchase, so I guess I didn't waste anything but my time. I might play the upcoming BF for free!
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    Getting Stuck on Rocks: The Game
    Tanks Slowed Down By Hills: The Game

No single player
    Childish server admins
    3rd world trash hackers ruining your experience
    Hyper Stacked servers with no balance
    ZERO new-player friendly servers.
  5. atd
    Oct 11, 2013
    Well DICE is on the wrong horse: called EA

The Winner of the worst company trophy in the past 4 years in the row! The game is all about milking the customers! DICE wants your money or the game, but not your feedback's or criticism! On ''Battlelog froum'' DICE continuously censorship`s most of the negative comments just pathetic! - the worse hit detection ever - poor
    Well DICE is on the wrong horse: called EA

The Winner of the worst company trophy in the past 4 years in the row!

The game is all about milking the customers!

DICE wants your money or the game, but not your feedback's or criticism!

- the worse hit detection ever
    - poor net-code
    - Visual glitches
    - Poor Map designs
    - Cheaters
    - Hackers
    - nubs
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    SP is pretty poor. GFX are very nice but gameplay and story is nowhere near as compelling as the MW games.
    I can't play the MP because Origin doesn't want to work for my PC and EA don't seem to do customer support, so I'm left with a game I can't play or trade in because I've used my code. This will be the last EA game I ever buy.
  7. Oct 29, 2011
    What could have been an otherwise great FPS has been utterly marred by the road to its release and the marketing wrapper that it has been smothered with. The game itself looks/sounds fantastic and is fun, if not a bit samey (though the single player may as well not have been there as its more of a movie/tutorial than anything). That being said, what users were forced to endure because ofWhat could have been an otherwise great FPS has been utterly marred by the road to its release and the marketing wrapper that it has been smothered with. The game itself looks/sounds fantastic and is fun, if not a bit samey (though the single player may as well not have been there as its more of a movie/tutorial than anything). That being said, what users were forced to endure because of EA's bullheadedness is unacceptable. Between the privacy concerns and the the fact that EA has decided to use their publisher clout to strongarm their failed and rebranded EA Store into relevancy by forcing it on everyone by making big name titles like this require it, is just short of a direct attack on the sensibilities of the gaming community. I only wish the gaming community was united enough to send a message to these people and let them know this is not competition, this is leveraging power to remove choice, and that between removing our options and not having the decency to ask us to opt in, rather opting to invade our privacy, this whole scenario has been egregiously NOT OK. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2011
    It's a team based, squad focused, tactical shooter. The year of its release is 2011. It's on the platform that invented online multiplayer and pioneered real time voice chat. And you can't talk to your squad.

How are you supposed to work as a team when you can't communicate? It's quite a shame really. The graphics are amazing, the gunplay feels good, the maps and objectives seem like

How are you supposed to work as a team when you can't communicate?

It's quite a shame really. The graphics are amazing, the gunplay feels good, the maps and objectives seem like they could be fun. I'd probably rate the game an 8 or higher if it had this absolutely essential feature. But without communication, I might as well be playing a single player game with bots. I'm deeply disappointed.
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is too buggy. There are still many people like me can't even start the game or crash pretty easily after some updates. We are not buying a game to "fix" it or keep finding solutions on the Internet.
  10. Nov 4, 2013
    Disappointing and falsely advertised. Typical EA.
    Most features which DICE talked about aren't even in the game.
    A huge step backwards from Battlefield 2 in every way.
  11. Oct 25, 2011
    After a few hours of playing it is really obvious that this is a bad company game.

large maps, killed by small boundries clustered flag positions poor vehicle balance no public server files no mod tools more focus on graphics and unlocks, not core gameplay.
  12. Oct 25, 2011
    great graphics but its NOT what i excepted from a FROSTBITE 2 engine. single player is failure all the way. in my opinion game was developed too fast to fit just before next call of duty...
  13. Nov 5, 2011
    Callofdutyfield: Bad Company. Dumbed down in every respect. CoD style gameplay (CoD is a bad word for any serious pc gamer, and deservedly). Might be considered a successor for Bad Company but certainly not for bf2. Hardcore mode feels like easy/normal.
    Singleplayer total joke.
    Singleplayer total joke.
    Killing of medic class worst idea ever. Now everyone has either medpack or paddles. They boast they promote teamplay by killing off medic class, the only dedicated team player???!!!!??
    Destruction worse than bc2. Building collapse still heavily scripted and debris is not persistent or interactive. Can't destroy a fcking chair with tank shoot.
    Jets fly at speeds you never know if pilot isn't doing a free fall kamikaze suicide run.
    Sound is realistic. So realistic it hurts the game. Explosions sound a lot worse than bc2 and most guns sound similar or downright same.

...and many many many more flaws...

I cannot see this game be played for more than 2 years from now. Compare that to bf2 which is still actively played today (6 years after release). Mark my words in 2 years time there's bf4, and then 5,6,7,8,9.....lack of mod tools is meant to deny the community to prolong the lifespan of this game by correcting fundamental flaws so that EA can dish out new battlefield every 1/2 years (CoD). The excuse they made for not releasing the mod tools is a total insult....I could go on like that forever. Not touching any other EA game, only through torrents.
  14. Jun 4, 2013
    Terribly linear single player, multiplayer horribly optimized and quick match making is awful, I would rather play the older BF series than this hunk of crap.
  15. Oct 25, 2011
    If you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-systemIf you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-system for the game is all based online which makes you feel like you really got ripped off because it looks cheap trust me the only thing nice about it is Battlelog which is kinda cool but it's EA's way of saying here run Origin or Don't play the game.

This is an OK game as it sits for the time being but yet it deserves a 40% rating due to several issues right now - First being that EA has released a game that has many graphical, gameplay, multiplayer, map, vehicle issues for instance green-flickers and being able to glitch through maps on multiplayer its nowhere near as smooth as it was shown in the previews that im sure everyone has seen. Granted it is a new game but the vehicle issues and the unrealistic nature of Battlefield 3 due to vehicles not producing realistic amounts of destruction and damage really hurt this titles reputation.

To best describe Battlefield 3 would be a cross between Homefront and Modern Warfare 2 - Homefront being due to the graphical and sketchy gameplay and Modern Warfare 2 due to BF3 trying to cut in on some profits from MW3 which currently sits at a total loss to people who have bought this game (and yes I bought the limited edition BF3). I bought 2x EVGA GTX-580 SC cards specifically for this game and yet the texture draws and polished look this game should have isn't there and not to mention the annoying lag on multiplayer games that are supposedly low-ping.

It has potential to be an awesome game but as it sits currently I wouldn't invest in it until it at least drops $20-30 or they fix hundreds of bugs and errors. Well that's all I have to say hope you found this somewhat useful.
  16. Oct 26, 2011
    Poor game and not anything like BF2, on PC it's a console port in gameplay terms, no in game ping, no in game VOIP, crap aircraft mechanics, crap squad management where you can't create a squad without going through some **** commo-rose is a joke, maps are a joke with clustered flags, it's like playing COD on a big map. Aircraft/ vehicle controls are shockingly bad and feel like they justPoor game and not anything like BF2, on PC it's a console port in gameplay terms, no in game ping, no in game VOIP, crap aircraft mechanics, crap squad management where you can't create a squad without going through some **** commo-rose is a joke, maps are a joke with clustered flags, it's like playing COD on a big map. Aircraft/ vehicle controls are shockingly bad and feel like they just imported the xbox 360 system. On top of that there are way to many bugs to list, poor hit reg because of the broken ass netcode that lets cheats rule the server because of the client side hit detection. In summary BF3 is nothing more than Bad Company 2.5 but not as fun as even BC2 and not a patch on BF2. Fans of BF2/2142 stay away, find something enjoyable to play, leave this **** to the COD generation, those that appreciate teamplay and proper vehicle combat on proper big maps will have to look elsewhere. Expand
  17. Oct 26, 2011
    This is not a true sequel to bf2 at all

Lack of teamwork Small map Squad management broken Common rose is garbage and broken No VoIP Battle log is **** Origin is **** Vehicles were underpowered Jets are slow and always die by stingers Stingers weapon is overpowered and stupid Motar is overpowered and seriously ???? Unlimited weapons Horrible net code Scope glint Contrast are way to
    This is not a true sequel to bf2 at all

Lack of teamwork
    Small map
    Squad management broken
    Common rose is garbage and broken
    No VoIP Battle log is ****
    Origin is ****
    Vehicles were underpowered
    Jets are slow and always die by stingers
    Stingers weapon is overpowered and stupid
    Motar is overpowered and seriously ???? Unlimited weapons
    Horrible net code Scope glint
    Contrast are way to high....

Horrible game and should not name "battlefield 3" because it's not a true sequel to bf2

Largest map my ass...
  18. Oct 26, 2011
    EA ruined another great franchise. I hope they go bankrupt ASAP. After they trolled Activision so hard... they release this unfinished game. The singleplayer is so lame, you have no idea. The multiplayer has more bugs than the open-beta phase.

No squads, origin stupid system, battlelog instead of an in-game menu, lag, bugs and stupid design decisions have ruined this game. :(

I miss BF2
  19. Oct 26, 2011
    Potentially great game, completely hamstrung by the epic fail that is Origin and Battlelog. I wish I could get a refund. Hell, battlelog doesn't even recognize the install if you have BF3 Limited Edition instead of BF3 standard.
  20. Oct 26, 2011
    Lets just begin by stating that i joined metacritic just for this review. I have been waiting for this game for awhile and have been stoked just to play it. After playing the beta, i was severly disappointed. The glitches galoore made it insane and more frustrating then fun to play. I figured since it was a beta they would fix it, well they did fix some of the beta glitches, just not nearLets just begin by stating that i joined metacritic just for this review. I have been waiting for this game for awhile and have been stoked just to play it. After playing the beta, i was severly disappointed. The glitches galoore made it insane and more frustrating then fun to play. I figured since it was a beta they would fix it, well they did fix some of the beta glitches, just not near enough for a final copy. The multiplayer feels rushed at best and hardly seems to work. The game is fun when its not glitching and the servers aren't crashing (which happen about every hour for the xbox). I give this game such a low rating because of the hype and expectations that the critics and trailers it gave, it hardly lives up to expectations. I love battlefield more then call of duty, but i will definently be picking up CoD now and probably tossing this game off until they fix the issues, which with EA's poor community service skills, will take quite awhile. Expand
  21. Oct 27, 2011
    a checkmark next to everything fps communites have not asked for, including the BF community and not all maps are avail. for 60+ usd. EA's stock price is more important than you and they have shown it with this "game".
  22. Oct 28, 2011
    I have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses originI have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses origin and battlelog compleatly. Only problem with that is i cant frickin go online, only single player is availible.
    Single player is a total joke to, my rig runs 2 GTX570s graphics cards in SLI (with new Nvidia driver) but the graphics are frickin awful, what is with that water droplet/dirt effect on screen during game play?? Another bug bear i have as well is the poor gamepad support, i have by PC rigged upto my 55" TV so i use a wireless 360 controller, now the game recognises that i have the controller attached and lets me play with it in game, however there are some parts in the game which i have to press a certain button at certain time, only problem is these buttons arent on the gamepad but rather on the mouse or keyboard!! What is the point of that?? After speninding 15 mins remapping the keys, i carry on playing the game only to be prompted with a instruction to press Z to go into the prone postion, having gone into prone by pressing a remapped button on the gamepad the message stayes on screen, during this time i am unable to pick up a RPG to blow up the hotel in the first level, only when i press Z on the keyboard am i allowed to pick up the RPG!!! Sloppy Dice sloppy. i am giving this game a low score purely because of origin and a very poor single player plus the points mentioned above. I refuse to have origin on my PC and am sure i will miss other EA games because of it, there loss not mine. If the game ever makes it's way to Steam i will be happy to reload it and give multiplayer a go. Rockstar tried a similar thing with GTA5 and Social Club and we all know how that eneded. For now the game has been uninstalled and will be heading back to the store for a refund. Cmon EA i love some of your stuff, but for the love of god, get rid of the mandatory use of origin and battlelog please!!!!
  23. Oct 30, 2011
    What an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utterWhat an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utter embarrassment for Dice. In the word of Jonny Rotten: "Every get the feeling you've been cheated?" Expand
  24. Oct 30, 2011
    Great game! BUT Origin is the worst thing that ever happened to pc gaming! Dont need an ingame backdoor!
    STOP scanning our privacy!
    JUST let us play!

check this:

theorigin.de
  25. Oct 30, 2011
    I'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope isI'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope is reflecting the Sun to the Enemys, so the Sniper is easy to spot. A Crappy Game..... The CoD Hype has won, and killed BF... Expand
  26. Oct 31, 2011
    Amazing possibilities, but horribly let down by the poor execution. It appears they simply wanted to beat MW3 to market and pushed out a game much too early. The bugs that exist in the retail product mirror those of the beta. Save you money and wait for a few weeks. This experience has seriously tainted my love for the battlefield series. I will now try MW3 in the hopes that I won't haveAmazing possibilities, but horribly let down by the poor execution. It appears they simply wanted to beat MW3 to market and pushed out a game much too early. The bugs that exist in the retail product mirror those of the beta. Save you money and wait for a few weeks. This experience has seriously tainted my love for the battlefield series. I will now try MW3 in the hopes that I won't have to deal with this nonsense again. Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2011
    SP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushedSP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushed into the ground if you haven't been playing the battlefield series. If your a gay casual gamer and like it up the butt than you will surely love the ass rape that is battlefield 3, otherwise I would stay away. Expand
  28. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is great...when multilayer works. The origin launcher is dumb and web interface is even worse. When I join games it works only about half the time, sometimes i get a illegal operation or it just freezes. They have turned this game into a console first pc second title which is messed up because it started on PC.
  29. Nov 2, 2011
    As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3.As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3. It's a pity, it could have been a great game. That coupled with EA's crappy connectivity client, which makes using Gamespy in the old days a joy compared to what they've presented for 2011, makes the experience very disappointing.

I guess I'll move to other games and check back in a month or two to see if they've managed to fix the experience at all.
  30. Nov 2, 2011
    Origin sanctioned spyware installed, check! PunkBuster client installed, check! Web browser plugin installed, check! Logged into Battlenet, check! Hit a Humvee with a RPG and 4 GI's exit the vehicle to gun me down, check! Fire 4 tank shells into a 3 foot bush and the bush just waves in the wind undisturbed, check! Enemy with a surefire gun mounted flash light makes my monitor go fullOrigin sanctioned spyware installed, check! PunkBuster client installed, check! Web browser plugin installed, check! Logged into Battlenet, check! Hit a Humvee with a RPG and 4 GI's exit the vehicle to gun me down, check! Fire 4 tank shells into a 3 foot bush and the bush just waves in the wind undisturbed, check! Enemy with a surefire gun mounted flash light makes my monitor go full bright white during a mid-day battle and he kills me, check! Fire shoulder rocket at the enemy who turns around and kills me with his 9mm submachine gun while he stands within the impact crater from the fired rocket, check! ... If you like realistic imagery but not realistic, balanced, or stable gameplay, BF3 is the game for you. Expand
  31. Nov 2, 2011
    I sold my copy after 15 hours of MP.Repetative,dull,boring and full of glitches.Plus all the other negative comments already posted.Whats the point of massive nice looking enviroments if you cant use them,oh yea corprate eye candy.God forbid players should do anything else except die,respawn,kill,fuse/defuse bombs by pressing a button over and over just to get weapons and upgrades.
  32. Nov 3, 2011
    Nothing New in the West!

1. Origin: general business terms what, a cheek! Do I have to pay for this or do they have to pay me for selling them all my informations. The software "origin" itself not very comfortable, just one more source of trouble. All in all useless. 2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why? The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge,
    Nothing New in the West!

All in all useless.

2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why?
    The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge, everything, the whole communication design, everything is very confusing and buggy.

3. Battlefield 3:
    The graphics are very elaborated and textures are realistic, (except the many bug which I hope will be fixed soon) sometimes the effort to be as most realistic as possible ruins the gameplay, like the flashlight and all the laserpointers, just annoying.
    All in all the graphics in Bad Company 2 appeared more realistic to me.
    Character Design is just stupid, e.g. russian soldiers with giant watches and why do the engineers wear gas masks all the time??? Please don't try to be realistic at all cost.

Gameplay:
    Nearly all of the new inventions in the gameplay are reinventions of older battlefield versions like: weapon fire mode, lying on the groung, jets, or things that I could even remember since "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory" (even there it was possible to time your grenade). Frostbite promissed that it's possible to destroy nearly everything, I dreamed of having bomb crates, but sometimes it's hard to just cut down a tree with a tank or roll over a guardrail. The whole point system is just made for all those addicts, it disadvantages those who don't want to spent all there private life playing FPS and as I think it's another loss for a balanced gameplay, it doesn't provide ability in first place but attendance. Tactics or teamplay are not really necessary if you have the beter weapon. Go on an trie to get a high rank, next year there will be a new game and there you start at zero. It's just to keep you gaming and gaming even though the basic gameplay is nothing special. Let me call it just swagger like the whole mock battlelog wolf in sheep's clothing facebook. Sorry.
    Maps are confusing, maybe I'm not used to it or it's snipers wonderland. And as far as I can see, good night modding, looks like this is the end of all Battlefield Mods.

ASO ASO

Sorry I've had more fun playing BC2 or BF2, my critic would have been better if there had been some real new inventions except better graphics.
  33. Nov 3, 2011
    Battlefield 3 looks great and the infantry combat is solid, but it lacks key gameplay elements that set the franchise apart and contributed to its success.

Gone are the huge, wide-open maps and replaced with more condensed combat zones. It's clear that the hardware restrictions of consoles have stunted map size of BF3, despite the PC being the "lead platform". BF3 will be loved by

BF3 will be loved by player who enjoy chaotic infantry combat with non-stop hail of gunfire, but disappoint those who enjoyed the aircraft and enormous maps of BF1942 and BF2.
  34. Nov 4, 2011
    battliefield series is a game that promotes team play how ever a lack of in game communication have rendered team play as non existant

vechiles upgrades are a problem as you need to play in that vechile to get them this is noticeably a problem in jets as you have no counter for the lock on missles that come your way. vechile control is useless more noticable in the air craft however you can get a tank stuck going up a hill that has less then a 10 degree radiant the commander fuction has gone come on guys this is not a battliefield game this is a console cod
  35. Nov 6, 2011
    This is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......IThis is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......I could list 20 other engineering flaws in this game, but I won't waste the time. Save yourself 60 bucks, get it used and turn it back in when you get tired of it (which shouldn't take but a couple of games). Expand
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    Poor and unsatisfying single player, that feels rushed out in order to beat MW3 to the shops. However the big issue for me is the required installation of "Origin", and offensive and bug ridden piece of privacy-invading software. Do not buy.
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    Really. Boring. Gameplay. Takes forever just to find a guy to shoot. no, this game is TERRIBLE. At least call of duty is better than this crap. fast and nice gameplay, and MW3 got rated better than this crappy thing. hahaha,
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    This game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about manyThis game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about many things. They dont care anymore, they just pretend to care. They made a game to make money by reaching COD community but they lost their roots by doing that. VERY sad... R.I.P. Battlefield series. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    Single player game. Looks very very impressive, they are graphics outstanding. Unfortunately game play (which, letâ
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    Despite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping informationDespite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping information available in game, no commander. cluttered screen, sniper shotguns! List goes on. Periodically its impossible to join a game due to "you have been disconnected from ea online". Strangely the beta ran fine for me... Overall its not even close to release quality. Last purchase I make from EA/Dice Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    The best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. PeopleThe best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. People are playing Battlefield 3 and saying that is the best game in the series but this is a lie. Wait a few months to see a change of opinion, when the fever of Battlefield 3 has passed and those same people will stop comparing Modern Warfare 3 with Battlefield 3. No Battlefield game will have the same experience of Modern Warfare and vice versa. These two franchises are completely different and for those who have not noticed, Battlefield 2 is a War Simulator, more realistic and complete than any other war game. As we would say, a Gran Turismo of shooter games. Battlefield 3 is good, fast, modern, has an updated arsenal, great looking BUT.. you will play it for hours and you will not have that "Battlefield 2 feel" . In other words, you will not feel that has found your place in the battle. And that you are part of a team and an Army. These things, my friend, make Battlefield 2 better than any other FPS game outhere! I personally expected more of Battlefield 3 and I not believed when I saw this game was not a sequence. No commander, terrible aircrafts, bad spot and squad features AND the huge hole in BF3: the Battlelog Server Browser, most uncomfortable feature I have ever seen for years! DICE have so much time to create the sequel to Battlefield 2 and the help of Frostbyte Engine of Bad Company 2 and yet, they release a game full of errors, because even change the configuration of the mouse or joystick in the game can be a problem! You press a button on the mouse and nothing happens! I really sorry, I am a Battlefield 2 core fan, and in my point of view, this game stinks! This game is not worthy of fame and big sales he is having. Wake up people!! Buy Battlefield 2, buy Modern Warfare 3, buy Crysis 2, but don't buy **** because it will stinks later! Expand
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    general assessment: the graph of the game is simply fantastic and the sound is just as good.
    The interesting thing about this "revolution" is that it pushes the next game to another level and that is good for us players. Regarding the sound, I just remember another game that made â
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    Waste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruinsWaste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruins the game, its a 'Predator mode' forget about hiding people see you with this scope from other part of them map !!!! No need to hide because YOU CAN NOT HIDE - you light up like Christmas Tree, everybody sees you ! Without the scope its very difficult to see enemies because they are too dark and there is too much contrast so everybody runs in the 'Predator Mode' aka Noob Mode.There is autohealing for vehicles and soldiers, game is incredibly dumbed down - just run and spray.No tactics, no possibility to hide,to sneak etc.Maps are very weak and too small.Origin spyware is uncomfortable to use you need to quit/start game anytime you want to change server. And its all because they didnt make BF3 they made some CoD/MW clone to try to make more money. But they failed. Battlefield is dead. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2011
    I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short.I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short. The only thing that made it feel longer was the stupid keystrokes to get through certain maps (hit space, then left mouse botton). Man I miss the old BF days when you had the enemy AI drones running around. Multiplayer is larger, but that is it. The interface is awful, looks and feels disjointed from the game. Since there are so many other posts about gliches and poor release quality, I'm not going there. Overall, diappointed. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    Battlelog ruins this game. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial.I would have loved to write a review about the actual game because I'm sure it's quite good. Lack of server browser and so on. R.I.P old BF welkome new COD friend.
  46. Nov 15, 2011
    Dissapointing short single player mode , so the graphic i expected better.
    Nice climatic multiplayer mode. I thing the things reach limits are to small.I would like to play longer to ecomplish a target. Very hard to fly jets. Very easy to destroy a tank with bazooka .
    Why soldiers survive hit in chest with dragunow ?
  47. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is a gutted shell missing half the best features of the series. The awesome graphics engine is let down by the graphics which have been butchered by overdone contrast, global tinting, excessive light glare, flare, and bloom.
    The game features less of everything that matters, factions, maps, maps are smaller, less control points, less vehicles, less classes, etc. etc. Sure new content is there but in no way can it account for what is missing.
    The single player and coop are nothing compared to the original sp and coop of the series. They do little to prepare you for the actual mp gameplay. While they do demonstrate the capabilities of the game, they are a very poor cousin of the original game modes.
    It is much more closer to the Bad Company series and even carries all of the unresolved bugs of the Bad Company series. It's a good game - sure, but that's a let down when an epic game was expected.
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    I buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engineI buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engine etc. but it`s much faster and more enjoyable. ; ) Expand
  49. Nov 19, 2011
    This game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the uniqueThis game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the unique ability to "generate" crashes based on calendar dates. Your machine can be sitting idle and one day it would have no crashes, and the next it might generate a cool crash, and some time later, a new unique crash would occur. This program has expanded my computer knowledge by showing me legendary-pokemon-rarity crashes of great magnitudes of awe and amazement. I am truly blessed to witness a failure in such unmatched proportions.

On top of this, the amount of security clearance required to run the game is ridiculous. You must disable antivirus for battlelog to work and lower User Control Settings lowest to stop any potential crashes, and despite all this, the game's ability to generate crashes prevails. I have not spent more time "fixing" a game than this one.

All in all, the game is a good, but before you purchase it, you need to assess your risk. There is a high risk that your machine will not run the game, or will run the game, but crash out frequently. You also run the risk of being hacked (unlikely, but very possible). If your machine runs the game fine, then the game would score a healthy 8-9/10, but if there is any technical difficulties (highly likely), that score would decrease to 0. Weighing into it the probability of technical difficulties, I give a 2.
  50. Nov 19, 2011
    Given the state of this game, now I understand why BF3 released a Beta before the BF3 or MW3 release. BF3 is loaded with bugs, to include serious video issues; I cannot play using SLI. Very demanding game as hardware is concerned. Spawn camping makes multiplayer unplayable. I just wasted 60 bucks for this garbage that looks great!
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I feel I need to write this view as a big group of gamers are being ignored in relation to this game and many other FPS games. COOP gamers that want to play as a team against the computer. I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many hours. This latest version has a pretty dreadful 2 player only coop mode and no bot mode like the other games had. I find this disappointing. I admit I am not the best player in the world, nor the worst but I find the player vs player modes too frustrating on this game and get fed up of being killed without even seeing where the shot came from.

EA if you want to see what consumer base you are missing out on having as customers, look at world of warcraft for example. It is a game with both player vs computer and player vs player modes. Which is more popular? Player vs computer.

This is made all the more frustrating by the fact this game looks incredible, sounds incredible, has great vehicles and weapons. Unless I am willing to partake in the steepest learning curve ever and get repeatedly destroyed by some 'uber' 13 year old I am basically unable to take advantage of this.

This makes this game the most frustrating currently in existence.
  52. Nov 22, 2011
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2. 2. Single Player feels like a Movie sequel's, there's no depth just a sell out of big explosion and lots of disorientating camera movement that tricks the average joe. 3. It's using Punk buster 4. Battlelog 5. Origin 6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched 7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2.
    3. It's using Punk buster
    4. Battlelog
    5. Origin
    6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched
    7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service to the game is poor
    8. Disconnections
    9. Stuttering
    10. Character movement and feel is inferior to Call of Duty. It is heavy and very slow.

There's little to make up from this game and I don't care about how graphically insane it is. Unplayable is just unplayable.

This game does warrant a demo and try and buy, however, let me warn everyone their service is lousy and it took them 6 months plus to clean out Bad Company 2 and that started off better than BF3. BF3 started off way worse...be warned it maybe a year and a dead community before it can be considered clean.
  53. Nov 25, 2011
    If this game actually launched even after their patch, I could rate it on it's merits, but so far it has none. If any sane person was working at EA, they wouldn't of launched one of the biggest games of the year with a spyware like launcher like Origin (beta), yes that's right it says beta, it is software that is still in the testing stages yet, they make it a must have to play BF3, didIf this game actually launched even after their patch, I could rate it on it's merits, but so far it has none. If any sane person was working at EA, they wouldn't of launched one of the biggest games of the year with a spyware like launcher like Origin (beta), yes that's right it says beta, it is software that is still in the testing stages yet, they make it a must have to play BF3, did the Project manager for EA ride the shortbus to work? Really, Coupling BF3 with a beta version launch software is a big fail for EA, and I still can't play the damn game. Expand
  54. Nov 26, 2011
    I give this a 2, not because of the game play which I find great but because of all technical glitches I have had to play this game when every other game that I have including MW3, works. I haven't been able to play BF3 since the last patch.
  55. Nov 30, 2011
    Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3,Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3, its not. Destruction isn't an integral part of the game anymore which leads me to the most important problem of bf3... the camping. Every map is won by camping which makes it a really unsatisfying and boring multiplayer experience. After about 20 to 40 hours of game play you'll manage to get good at this but although, you'll find yourself easily in top 5, you are recognising, that you haven't had any fun at all.

Considering origin as the most evil piece of software in the history of men, I'll give the biggest fail of 2011 a zero out of 10. Nicely done DICE.
  56. Dec 2, 2011
    I'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and theI'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and the new bullet drop animation can be a nuisance to tell where the bullet is hitting. The game has frequent issues such as 'stopped working' which i've noticed has been an issue for some people since launch, yet all they offer in response is 'google chrome's fault, or x-fire's fault'. Essentially what could have been a great game is still fairly beta quality, presumably due to trying to release before MW3. While this move may have worked for sales of this game, it will hurt long time followers of the battlefield series who, at this point, want nothing more to do with them. Expand
  57. Dec 2, 2011
    It's incredible to see such a system on a PC game !!!
    Origin, browser, plugin browser, impossible to change your nickname, a EA service.... hummm. I prefer stop here.
    It's not the game which is really bad, it's the global system all around. intolerable.
  58. Dec 3, 2011
    the game started with a lot of potential and I loved it at first. (I solely point my arrows on the multiplayer) everything seemed balanced, I needed to find my place in the chaos.

but once I found my place in the chaos I found al those little things that bugged me. 1. jets are practically indestructible when there isnt A) a anti air vehicle present B) another good pilot c) a **** load of engineers with stingers.
    2. engineers should be nerfed or make all classes engineers. the reason I say this is that they can kill everything. they can equip mines and rockets. there carbines are insane. they are what you say one man army's
    3. recons are raped in this game, I played recon in BC2 and its a difficult class to play I loved the snipes across the map considering the bullet drop and determing the path the player would walk. the mortar was a game turner. what we get now is the soflam only usefull when there is a engineer with a stinger. and is paying attention. and that is the problem with this multiplayer game, they expect it to be teambased combat. but it isnt most of the players are lonewolfs. one can blame the players. I blame the developer for creating a environment which allows this. I am still a fan of minus points. are you being a dickhead and you want to kill a lot of ppl instead of getting to the target you get a penalty. that is what I call realistic. in the army they arent happy with triggerhappy nutsacks.

last thing I have to say is that the so called destruction in this game is at a minimum, remember in bc2 where you can level almost a whole map.. that isnt in bf3 and that was for me such a let down. if there was lots of destruction in this game I could live with my earlier made points. but the lack of it , I cant play it anymore it gets on my nerves more then I enjoy it. back to BC2 I say.
  59. Dec 6, 2011
    Absolutely the most horrid game to install and play using Origin. After 4 hours of loading and getting instructions from others on the web, I finally got to play the game. After an update on 12-7-2011, the game would not load and could not be played. Their help center was as frustrated as I was and told me to start all over again, by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This afterAbsolutely the most horrid game to install and play using Origin. After 4 hours of loading and getting instructions from others on the web, I finally got to play the game. After an update on 12-7-2011, the game would not load and could not be played. Their help center was as frustrated as I was and told me to start all over again, by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This after completing completing half of the game.. They were of little help, but offered to sent me a 15% coupon off my next purchase of an EA game. This will not happen. The worst game to manage I have ever encountered in my life. When it did play it was OK, but nothing like Crysis or Crysis2. Expand
  60. Dec 9, 2011
    Battlefield 3, despite all its flaws, is a pretty neat game. The online play looks like fun, the weapons look like they would be great, and the scenery looks like it would be fun to hide in. I say looks like, because since the release date I've only been able to play for at most 2 or 3 rounds at a time...constantly plagued by CTD's, Lag, Rubber Banding on some servers and disappearingBattlefield 3, despite all its flaws, is a pretty neat game. The online play looks like fun, the weapons look like they would be great, and the scenery looks like it would be fun to hide in. I say looks like, because since the release date I've only been able to play for at most 2 or 3 rounds at a time...constantly plagued by CTD's, Lag, Rubber Banding on some servers and disappearing textures. My rig is below recommended but far above minimum. It seems that DICE, defying all logic, has released two client side patches which nerf/buff certain weapons in game, but have introduced a host of new issues with game stability - the game will freeze within a few minutes of entering a server, and then hard lock my system.

Origin, EA's Steam like service if fine - I really don't care about running it...what bothers me is the restrictive access that EA gives you when it comes to your ownership of the game. You are forced to tie your game account to your origin account, which binds your email to both accounts. Your game is launched through Battlelog, EA's web browser based server system and social network. Here's where the fun really begins.

Battlelog is, as far as I can tell, the most bloated piece of software ever created. The server browser in a webpage model is utter lunacy. You need to have Origin running, to launch the browser which launches the game. Not too mention that if you should be in breach of EA's TOS on their Battlelog forum, welcome to the banhammer. Swearing or any other minor infraction will get you an unexpected 72 hour forum ban WHICH ALSO MEANS YOU CANNOT ACCESS ANY OF YOUR PAID GAMES FROM EA! In some cases, users have been reporting permanent bans for no reason, other than comments posted on Battlelog. Permanent bans mean YOU LOSE ALL YOUR PURCHASED EA GAMES!

This for me is the most distracting problem with the game. Please be warned before purchasing Battlefield 3, your EA games can be at risk if you choose to visit their forums and break the rules. In conclusion, wait until this game is in the bargain bin. There are better companies to support with your hard earned cash, and better games which don't have the glaring technical problems that BF3 has.
  61. Dec 18, 2011
    One of the worst game I ve ever player. Too much bugs !!! It's shame ... Most of the time the characters disaspear. I had to start again each mission because of scripts that didn't launch ...
    What a very bad experience. DICE shows us how they can do very dirty job. Don't buy this game if you don't want to waste your money ...
  62. Jan 9, 2012
    Only one Word: Horrible!
    Only one Word: Horrible!
    lack of taste, lack of effort, all of the scenes are played at night or at least in very dark atmospheres so with a cheap trick you add more dramatic flavor and a (doubtful) sense of reality. Is just like filming a movie in black & white to increase the dramatics. Horrible. The game is not more than a shooting corridor. I believe PackMan had more options in the way to play. The so talked engine... where is it? The enemies are always the same guy and do always the same thing over and over. So much for AI. Ugly, the graphics felt so much better, but so much better in Battlefield Bad Company. The campaign in Call of dutty 2 Modern warfare is a hundred times better and a million times more entretaining. This campaign looks like a game from 1996. How could this happen? O M G what a terrible way to ruin a reputation. Total fiasco. I'm not even gonna try the game on line after this.
    Khorgan
  63. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is nonsensical. Spawn, run, gun, die. Repeat ad nauseam. What is the point of having a "game" when there is no actual game - only interaction with an environment? An environment which is pretty cutting-edge with superb sound-effects, graphics and all, but surely you need more than that to make a game?

I was foolish enough to buy this game because of the hype, and it's really sad

I was foolish enough to buy this game because of the hype, and it's really sad to see the direction FPS-games are going these days. 20 years from now we'll be playing shooters with built in aimbots and pre-scriptet behaviour making it more like a movie - no game, skills or thinking, just mindless clicking and even more mindless players.
  64. Mar 27, 2012
    This should have been the best FPS ever. Single player is average, but I only bought this game for the multiplayer. And at first it met expectations, plenty of unlockables the steep learning curve I love it gives a real sense of satisfaction, rare in games today. HOWEVER this game was far from finished before release and full of bugs. Where to start issues range from niggly-not being ableThis should have been the best FPS ever. Single player is average, but I only bought this game for the multiplayer. And at first it met expectations, plenty of unlockables the steep learning curve I love it gives a real sense of satisfaction, rare in games today. HOWEVER this game was far from finished before release and full of bugs. Where to start issues range from niggly-not being able to join a online game as a squad with friends, crashes plenty too, Annoying-lag and hit detection.. To damn RAGING the game became unplayable due to glitching - spawning WITHOUT a gun. This is the worst experience of gaming in my life. I am not alone, the battlelog forums are crammed with complaints and can only advise not to touch this game. Shame. one word review-BROKEN I personally feel DICE have taken a big dump on their customers heads and an apology/explanation is long over due. Expand
  65. Apr 15, 2012
    Downgraded Battlefield 2. This game was to be continued where Battlefield 2 ended. However, this game was truly great in the alpha. There was no blue layer, it was more yellow/brownish saturation which everyone loved, but DICE thought it was a good idea to make it more consolized than it already is.
    The suppression was balanced and most of the guns were close in terms of balance. Now when this new patch released, the entire game went to a horrible direction. It makes no sense whatsoever to introduce bullet spread during suppression.

To Summarize: DICE really went to hell.
  66. Oct 2, 2012
    Battlefield 3 was supposed to be the
    game of the century. It was supposed to bring
    with it the best graphics and the best story of any first person shooter in recent history, but it didn't. Electronic Art's Digital Illusions CE (EA- DICE) has long led the sector in realism, drawing you into the war, evoking emotions previously reserved for games scripted almost as much as movies. In
    Battlefield 3 was supposed to be the
    game of the century. It was supposed to bring
    with it the best graphics and the best story of
    any first person shooter in recent history, but it
    didn't. Electronic Art's Digital Illusions CE (EA-
    DICE) has long led the sector in realism, drawing you into the war, evoking emotions previously reserved for games scripted almost as much as movies. In Battlefield 3's campaign mode, however, the gameplay is slow, predictable and doesn't make you feel as though you are making a difference. The multiplayer game is sculpted so carefully that it would be concievable to forget that it was pre-made at all.
    The multiplayer game is incredibly chaotic, often trancending the constraints of a traditional video game, with small actions radically changing the simulated world and rendering some strategies and equipment useless, while simultaneously granting opportunities people using others. Many items in the maps are destructible, so a well placed RPG can destroy almost any sniper nest, an accutate pistol shot can destroy a helicopter, and a exellently piloted helicopter can take on a small army. Boats, Planes, Anti-Aircraft Guns, Helicopters, Tanks, JAVELIN missiles, and hundreds of guns are ready for use, a well put together social interface (BattleLog) allow for infinite combinations, and the scoring system favors teamwork over kamikaze raids.
    Battlefield 3 brings with it many annoyances, and thousands of quirks. The beautiful graphics and chaotic multiplayer almost outweigh the lack of a decent campaign mode, but alas this game fits into the category filled with thousands of games made for quick and easy fun, lacking challenge, and full of cliched elements. Battlefield 3 was expected to be the next iteration of the interesting and innovative game-play of the previous Battlefield games, not the repetitive and annoying habits of cheap action books, movies and games. The wow factor of the graphics can almost overcome the problems, but DICE has grown weary of the fight, and has decided that one botched campaign cannot possibly cause them to lose their grip on the gaming battlefield.
  67. Jun 30, 2013
    It makes me cry. Such a good franchise, just milked by EA. BFBC2 was already something different from the BF series, well that was ok, because it was a spin off.
    But BF3, which is the original sequel to BF2, is just rubbish. Well ok, you can have fun like in Call of Duty, shooting people mindlessly.
    So the good facts: Graphics, yes, those graphics are good, which makes a 8/10, why? Because of those unnatural effects.
    Destruction, It is scripted and nothing new, but anyways it is one plus point.
    Sounds, they are the best in the game.
    But all that "atmosphere" doesn't count as much as gameplay.
    Bad things: Gameplay: Compared to the other Battlefields in the series, its gameplay is the worst. It is really like Call of Duty, just with recoil and vehicles. But well. Far too dynamic, HP regeneration. Only positive thing is the destruction.
    Marketing: Yes, I count the marketing, sell price etc. as something important, so it will get a score of 0 out of 10, because of these DLCs, and the Ripoff Premium Version. (110€)

I know many will hate me, but I wanted to give this game a chance, give it a 3 at least. But nope. DLCs is one minus, the another minus is just for the balance here, because everyone is rating it 10, without real reason.
    1/10 from me.
  68. Nov 9, 2012
    After loading it 3x and spending hours on the phone trying to get to play and researching stuff, it finally played, and I was very impressed
  69. Dec 28, 2012
    For the amount of money you spend on the game, one would expect it to work. I have spent more time figuring out bugs rather than playing it. They should advertise it as an online multiplayer game because it certainly isn't a singleplayer game. My experience with BF3 leaves me only to say, this game sucks.
  70. Jan 13, 2013
    I want to like this game, I really do, but there is ONE thing that keeps that from happening: I can not play it on my computer because I use an Intel HD graphics card. It says it can run at around a medium-high setting, but it lags horribly, even with the graphics settings as low as they can be. Sure, most games don't recognize the card, but they still run very well when I adjust theI want to like this game, I really do, but there is ONE thing that keeps that from happening: I can not play it on my computer because I use an Intel HD graphics card. It says it can run at around a medium-high setting, but it lags horribly, even with the graphics settings as low as they can be. Sure, most games don't recognize the card, but they still run very well when I adjust the settings to what the card can do. The last time a game lagged like this it was because of dust getting on the card. You could have a card+processor that can run Total War: Shogun 2, but if it's Intel, you will have 3 FPS on low settings. While looking at the ground. Expand
  71. Feb 16, 2013
    Great graphics. However, this game isn't as great as its the earlier battlefield series. The game was changed many ways to attract COD players. Teamwork is missing. Simply a huge letdown for battllefield fans.
  72. May 27, 2013
    The game itself is decent, but the online servers that they use to run the game is very poor. A lot of times, you try to log in to play and you get all kinds of errors, and there is never any information or help. Until they fix these problems, buyer beware. Expect to be frustrated.
  73. Jun 22, 2013
    Absolutely pathetic, bought the game and it literally took a whole week to download from origin. Their content servers are insanely slow. By the time it was finished, I couldn't launch the game. Verify download and it downloaded and extra 2 gb that took another day. It was finally finished, I ran the game and it was initializing forever. It didn't work. It took ages until I found a fixAbsolutely pathetic, bought the game and it literally took a whole week to download from origin. Their content servers are insanely slow. By the time it was finished, I couldn't launch the game. Verify download and it downloaded and extra 2 gb that took another day. It was finally finished, I ran the game and it was initializing forever. It didn't work. It took ages until I found a fix where I had to manually edit registry and remove the TM from file name (wtf right?). The game finally worked. What's worse than origin is the 'battlelog' interface which is nothing more than a website half covered with ads. To launch the game you have to go through a web interface (pathetic). It doesn't even show server pings for me (known issue for a lot of people). Most of the time I try to play coop with my friend it says no friends found online. Overall, the actual game is good but I can't get past the terrible interface and the glitches. Expand
  74. Sep 8, 2013
    I have BOUGHT Battlefield 3, and have possibly been able to play it for a few hours in the last few months, entirely due to the utterly frustrating and completely useless "Origin" program that controls it. For those that don't know, Origin is the equivalent to Steam, except, instead of managing your playing stats and launching the game for you, it keeps opening a website which requiresI have BOUGHT Battlefield 3, and have possibly been able to play it for a few hours in the last few months, entirely due to the utterly frustrating and completely useless "Origin" program that controls it. For those that don't know, Origin is the equivalent to Steam, except, instead of managing your playing stats and launching the game for you, it keeps opening a website which requires you to log in, in order to play the game. However, only twice in the possibly 2 dozen times I've tried to play the game that I BOUGHT, has Origin actually allowed me to play the game. Otherwise, it either tells me I need to install the game, or simply farms me to another login window, despite me ticking the box to remember me. The only thing that I am guaranteed to see every time I TRY to play the game, is advertising for Battlefield 4, which I will clearly never buy since I have not been able to get any reasonable time in for Battlefield 3 that I PAID for. Which is why I am writing this review, to warn everyone that this is most likely going to be a frustrating experience. If you don't believe me, read many thousands of other reviews in Google about Origin. Expand
  75. Feb 9, 2014
    Why so people are confident that Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer shooter?Why?

From all other multiplayer projects it is largely different, I do not argue, but to call it the best multiplayer shooter is overkill.What does it do this? Battlelog terrible,balance commands zero,terrible suppression system.Behavior terrible weapons, particularly no damage,graphics oiled soap.Why this game is a game to be the best? I'm not understanding.

As well there is the single player campaign, which has a good sense of presence, but that its pros zakanchivayutsya.Syuzhet Pressed again Russian bad, Americans are saving again all gameplay zero-shooting stupid stupid bots, diluted scripted scenes

Conclusion: Do not buy because you do not get fun playing it, it's better to leave something useful.
  76. Jun 13, 2014
    I seldom give a ugly 0 to any game indeed, but I have to give BF3 a 0 because I really can't start a game properly. Internet in Australia is metered, and I spent 21GB of data to download this game. Fair enough, I got it for free. I can't help my thrilling to start the game, and it opened a browser window? Battlelog? WTF? Oops looks like they think start the game with browser is cool,I seldom give a ugly 0 to any game indeed, but I have to give BF3 a 0 because I really can't start a game properly. Internet in Australia is metered, and I spent 21GB of data to download this game. Fair enough, I got it for free. I can't help my thrilling to start the game, and it opened a browser window? Battlelog? WTF? Oops looks like they think start the game with browser is cool, although I can't agree with them. I started to get annoyed when the game asks you to install a plugin for browser. And I can't start a game. The game simply crashed. I asked my friend they said it's pretty common and they encountered different error message so just try logging in for another some time. Alright alright fair enough fair enough. But the problem resisted. I tried searching for remedy for this issue, and they said battlefield 3 has some compatibility issue with operating systems whose system locale are not in English. I switched my "language in non-Unicode software" to English. Although it caused some troubles but so far so good, I logged into the game! Hooray! Then I tried to queue for multiplayer, and I got kicked for some "PunkBuster" issue? The game asked me to go to a site called evenbalance to update my PunkBuster, I bloodily just installed my copy today and you asked me to go to a site whose design is like in mid-90s and manually update this bloody malware-like stuff which was released on 2012? Fine, fine. Even it's like 10 steps to update this stuff I still proceeded with great effort and humblest patience, with several restarts and file-copying. And PunkBuster itself crashed constantly with a dialog with a lot of question marks which is totally unreadable. I just couldn't bear so I gave it up. Maybe if I didn't get it for free I'll try harder to tackle these problems. I am totally surprised for the amount of bugs it contains even it has already been released for 3 years, EA still hasn't fixed them. Although SimCity for which I paid $60 was a nightmare, BF3 seems has a reasonably higher critic score. But I spend like 3 hours trying to start playing but I can't. I didn't get this game for training my skills to find solutions to various bugs. Goodbye EA I wouldn't buy anything from you in the future and good luck. Expand

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]