5.9

1. Nov 3, 2013
    I have to agree with other reviews. Riddled with bugs, missing textures, audio issues (clipping & sound lags), server crashes, soldiers die instantly upon respawning, etc. If you don't want the game to be judged on these things, then don't rush it out unfinished! It's ***WAY*** overpriced for what it is (basically another unfinished CoD arcade shooter pretending to be a "serious" militaryI have to agree with other reviews. Riddled with bugs, missing textures, audio issues (clipping & sound lags), server crashes, soldiers die instantly upon respawning, etc. If you don't want the game to be judged on these things, then don't rush it out unfinished! It's ***WAY*** overpriced for what it is (basically another unfinished CoD arcade shooter pretending to be a "serious" military game with massive pre-release over-hype). I loved Call of Duty as a game in its own right, but the obsession with trying to turn every... single... shooter/franchise... into a "scripted cinematic experience" is getting very tedious.

+5% GFX improvements do not seem to correlate with +100% higher system requirements. GFX somehow manage to look *worse* in some areas. The issue is not "everyone has slow hardware", it's simply a badly optimized inefficient engine in terms of quality/performance ratio. 4-5hr bug-ridden single-player campaign. "Levolution" just marketing speak for "dynamic map scripting" which is hardly unique.

"Ooh look! Pretty pre-scripted building collapsing" seems to be the beginning and end of BF4 'improvement' over BF3. It seems the more "cinematically scripted" new games become, the less fun they are to play in terms of actual gameplay. And given the game was released by EA (enough said), you can bet all of the premium priced DLC's will take priority over bug fixing...
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    I have been playing Battlefield games since Battlefield 2 and have liked every one of them, but this, this is so dumbed down its not funny. Nothing feels precise, movement just feels "off" and the unbelievable amount of bugs and crashes is just amazing. Why release a game that OBVIOUSLY isn't finished!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING DICE!!!
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    Broken crash-fest of poorly programmed prematurely released trash. EA/Dice should be beyond embarrassed by this garbage. Their stock prices should plummet.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    The beta was far more stable than this junk. Crashes every round. Full of bugs. Single player campaign is horribly glitched. An all-around FAIL. FAIL!
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    The game is a huge disappointment because it resembles Battlefield 3 and the single player campaign is less than 5 hours long. The core multiplayer mechanics have barely changed, the graphics haven't been truly updated enough to call the engine Frostbite 3, and the multiplayer maps are lacking. Not to mention that you have to shell out 120 dollars for the base game and premium just to getThe game is a huge disappointment because it resembles Battlefield 3 and the single player campaign is less than 5 hours long. The core multiplayer mechanics have barely changed, the graphics haven't been truly updated enough to call the engine Frostbite 3, and the multiplayer maps are lacking. Not to mention that you have to shell out 120 dollars for the base game and premium just to get the entire experience. EA has truly ruined the Battlefield series. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2013
    It's impossible to complete campaign because of critical bugs. Bugs everywhere. I can't play multiplayer because of lags and crashes. Game at alpha stage right now. How they could release this piece of This game not worth a penny i paid for it.
  7. Nov 1, 2013
    The critics must not have played the game past what the studio wanted them to see. I was looking forward to this game so much and have been a Battlefield fan since BF1942. Unfortunately, this game is a big disappointment. Not only does it feel like a repackaged BF3 but it is buggy beyond belief. I honestly cant remember the last time I played a game with this many issues. Sounds clipping,The critics must not have played the game past what the studio wanted them to see. I was looking forward to this game so much and have been a Battlefield fan since BF1942. Unfortunately, this game is a big disappointment. Not only does it feel like a repackaged BF3 but it is buggy beyond belief. I honestly cant remember the last time I played a game with this many issues. Sounds clipping, rubber banding, server and game crashes. I realize they want to beat COD to release but this game is no where near ready. I really enjoy gaming when it can be done with friends. But after two days of trying to play this game and spending 40% of our time recovering from crashed servers and game clients my friends are trying to return the game. It's really not worth the headache. Looks like we may have to dust off BF3 again. Expand
  8. Nov 3, 2013
    WARNING, HONEST REVIEW

Battlefield 4 is certainly one of the bigger FPS titles in the year 2013 but it is also one of the biggest disappointments. Major selling point of this game is as you probably already know vehicular warfare, team oriented gameplay, level destruction and beautiful graphics. It does all that, however, not to a point this game would be enjoyable. The first
    WARNING, HONEST REVIEW

The first impression is very good, you start off on a what looks to be decently engineered map in a beautiful environment. The real disappointment starts when you begin actually playing. There is no co-operative gamemode (which to be honest is partially a good thing as it was terrible in the previous game), the campaign is disappointing and there is a lot of issues with the engine at the moment of writing this review.

Pros:
    - Decent graphics
    - Many weapon unlocks for your soldier
    - Decent voice acting in the campaign

Cons:
    - The campaign is much shorter and much worse than in it's predecessor (it feels as if not much effort was put into it might have just skipped the campaign altogether instead of releasing a disappointing one)
    - Vehicle unlocks are still around (yes, your jet fighter will be a pathetic piece of junk with nothing to fight with when you get inside)
    - No hardcore mode on release
    - All guns are toys, they deal almost no damage (at the moment of writing this review, hardcore mode is not implemented yet)
    - Map scale too large (in Conquest mode and similar) for the amount of players supported by the engine (active fighting is usually in only one point of the map, whereas the remaining points are half the time empty, one starts to wonder where is that all out war gameplay)
    - Numerous engine issues such as broken shaders (objects appear completely black at times), crashes, campaign at certain points unplayable due to bugs (requires checkpoint/mission restart)
    - "Levolution" (level destruction/environment changes) is always the same and gets boring rather quickly

In addition to the above, it seems polish/russian players cannot play the game in English without downloading localization and cracked exes which is ridiculous (polish players can pick Russian, but not English???).

NOTE: I have been trying to debug some of the issues on my end such as doodling with drivers and so on, this is not a dumbfire review
  9. Nov 3, 2013
    There are so many disappointing things about BF4 to me. I had such high hopes for this game. First of all, this game was not ready for release, there are so many bugs and glitches that need to be patched. The beta was clearly a monumental waste of time because I am pretty sure that most people had less issues with the beta than the actual main release. That problem by itself however wasThere are so many disappointing things about BF4 to me. I had such high hopes for this game. First of all, this game was not ready for release, there are so many bugs and glitches that need to be patched. The beta was clearly a monumental waste of time because I am pretty sure that most people had less issues with the beta than the actual main release. That problem by itself however was not enough to make my opinion of BF4 so bad. Although I could write for an hour or two about all of the bugs, I am just going to leave it at that.

The other main problem that I see is that DICE seems to have forgotten its fan base. Us Battlefield fans are very loyal and I feel like we stick with BF even when times are tough. However, this game is such an abomination and bastardization of previous renditions that I could hardly call it part of the Battlefield franchise at all. BF4 is basically tailored to COD and Halo fans. The remnants of military realism that BF3 had are gone. What we are left with is an arcade type shooter that could be equated to COD with vehicles. All my life I have known the saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Why did DICE take a franchise that was essentially not broken and just about perfect in numerous ways, and change everything about it?

With all that being said, I still think there are many great things about BF4. I am just very disturbed by the direction that the Battlefield franchise is going in and I hope that the true Battlefield fans stand up and make their voices heard.

OH AND ONE MORE THING!!! Any moron who complains about single player isn't a true Battlefield fan. If you were a real BF fan you would appreciate that there is a single player in the first place because Battlefield isn't about single player AT ALL. Who cares about the campaign? All that should matter in a Battlefield game is the multiplayer. PERIOD. I am pretty sick and tired of seeing crappy reviews based on single player. The first game that even had a single player in BF was BFBC I think. So seriously, stop whining about the campaign.....if that is really all you got the game for then you are an idiot for wasting $60.
  10. Nov 3, 2013
    Absolutely terrible release. The beta was more stable. Crashes all the time. Sound fades in and out. Several key binds are hard-coded and unchangable. Campaign is full of bugs.
  11. Oct 31, 2013
    Do not buy! Just save your money and keep playing BF3 until this game is fixed. I updated my AMD drivers to the latest beta and I still have constant issues with the campaign freezing on level 3 no matter what I do. I also have issues in multiplayer with huge server lag and stuttering. My ping is very low yet I still experience these problems. Wait until they release the first patch thenDo not buy! Just save your money and keep playing BF3 until this game is fixed. I updated my AMD drivers to the latest beta and I still have constant issues with the campaign freezing on level 3 no matter what I do. I also have issues in multiplayer with huge server lag and stuttering. My ping is very low yet I still experience these problems. Wait until they release the first patch then think about buying.

*Will update based on later patch release*
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm getting tired of playing these "modern" combat games. I really hope this is the last time they can get away without significant improvement in gameplay/graphics.

Gameplay sucks because of lack of interactivity/sandbox feeling that Crysis 1 introduced. In this game, you are just going ahead in a tunnel, and almost everything is scripted. I though at least the graphics will be

I though at least the graphics will be fine, but that was another disappointment. The only thing that looks good are the characters and lighting.
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    Another attempt by a big publisher to release a beta phased game. I paid a crapload of money for this garbage. Buggy as hell. Wait awhile before you buy this!
  14. Nov 2, 2013
    EA is basically selling a (relatively large) map pack for Battlefield 3 that costs 110€ (base game dlcs). There's literally nothing in it that justifies this price (or the game's title, for what it's worth it should be Battlefield 3.1). Plus there are a lot of people reporting random crashes of the game so it's yet another reason to stick with Battlefield 3 until this title gets patchedEA is basically selling a (relatively large) map pack for Battlefield 3 that costs 110€ (base game dlcs). There's literally nothing in it that justifies this price (or the game's title, for what it's worth it should be Battlefield 3.1). Plus there are a lot of people reporting random crashes of the game so it's yet another reason to stick with Battlefield 3 until this title gets patched and shows up on sale. Expand
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    Cant give it more then 3. Why? Because client and/or servers crash so frequent you cant enjoy it. There is nothing but constant crashes. Over and over and over again. Its too bad, because the game looks fine otherwise. But right now, stay away from it.
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    Out of the five hours I've spent playing this game, less than an hour has been actually in-game. It's been a terrible combination of crashing, server disconnects, severe load times, and choppy performance (once I do get to play). My computer isn't the greatest, but I'm still surprised that this game runs like total junk on a mixture of low- and medium- settings (and ends up looking far,Out of the five hours I've spent playing this game, less than an hour has been actually in-game. It's been a terrible combination of crashing, server disconnects, severe load times, and choppy performance (once I do get to play). My computer isn't the greatest, but I'm still surprised that this game runs like total junk on a mixture of low- and medium- settings (and ends up looking far, FAR uglier than BF3). Compared to the hundreds of other PC games I own, this one is too much work to get it to even run.

The actual game seems okay, from what I've played, and steps up the series gameplay in some subtle ways. Paracel Storm (one of the few maps I've been able to get onto and play) really impressed me with the way that changes in the environment affect gameplay (rocking waves, changing weather, and a nice level of continuous player-driven destruction). But, that's beside the point. I can't even run this game.
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    First of all, let me just say that I am a huge Battlefield fan. In fact some might call me a fanboy. I simply love this series to death. But even I have trouble stomaching the quality of this product. I have never seen such atrocious server issues and netcode in a AAA release title. This game has huge production values and yet they can't seem to run a steady gaming session withoutFirst of all, let me just say that I am a huge Battlefield fan. In fact some might call me a fanboy. I simply love this series to death. But even I have trouble stomaching the quality of this product. I have never seen such atrocious server issues and netcode in a AAA release title. This game has huge production values and yet they can't seem to run a steady gaming session without servers crashing on you and wiping all your unlocks and xp. You will get shot after running behind cover because your opponent saw you out in the open due to the discrepancies in the netcode. It seems that this lack of care and quality is a trend nowadays. Large companies are shoving games out the door before they are polished just so they can hit that holiday sales window and rake in more dough. It is shameless and predatory and this has caused me to lose all respect for the developers. Expand
  18. Nov 2, 2013
    Welcome to Betafield 4.

I have played campaign for 4 hours, not because its that long, but because i had to repeat 1 mission four times, because i glitched under the map, teammates blocked the door and refused to move, and so on... After rage quitting the campaign mode i switched to multiplayer, Shanghai map, and game kept freezing after about a minute in. So what i got? Overpriced
    Welcome to Betafield 4.

So what i got? Overpriced game not tested at all. But... it have MANY DLCs planned, great right? NO! Fix your game before asking customers for more money. If the game was at least playable i would think about buying any of them but now? Not a chance.
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you played Battlefield 3 you know what to expect from Battlefield 4's multiplayer but the singleplayer is even WORSE this time around, it's not original in any way it's just a generic FPS story with things like "i just survived a nuclear explosion and somehow ended up in a Chinese war criminal prison and now i will break out of my cell with my BARE HANDS!" and "im a strong independent woman who beats down two fully trained soldiers and because every other woman in every other game have giant boobs i will have no boobs at all! fight the power!" it's just overdone.
    It seems like every AAA developer think they can just make the same games over and over and think people will be stupid enugh to buy them, oh wait they can do that because you are stupid enugh to buy them!
    If you already have battlefield 3 just stick with it because there is no other difference then "levulution"
  20. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is seriously overrated, and indeed i was one of those people who overrated it before it came out.
    Beginning with campaign ,we all know that bf3's was awful ,but this one is absolutely rubbish as you don't even get a chance to try out jets or helis. The story itself is not interesting at ALL, maybe it is better than flashbacks in bf3 but its far away from an decent story.
    Now

Now to the real part MULTIPLAYER. Jesus ,i was dissapointed so much i unistalled game itself right after 4-5 hours of gameplay. The new weapon mechanics are so boring and frustrating ,mostly snipers.
    Vehicles are obviously nerfed down and jets/helis are powered up to the max ,therefore its more safe walking on foot and hiding in the bushes to avoid jets/helicopters.

I could keep on writing ,but i am too dissapointed because i would rather give this game a positive rating ,i really wish i could.

I'll give that one point for the graphical improvement.
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    campaign with some of the worst character development in a game with extended long drawn out shooting galleries taking too long.
    Multiplayer is a joke with 50% crash rates on both client and server sides and dices refusal to acknowledge all the they have done. The maps are not designed to work with all the gamemodes they are available for.
    Battlepack edition is poorly implemented with
    Battlepack edition is poorly implemented with no real information being added.
  22. Oct 31, 2013
    EA and Dice released an inexcusable broken product, the game is filled with glitches and bugs that they won't address. I would be fine with the product if they admitted their mistakes however they are just ignoring major problems that affect over 50% of users. The game freezes and crashes on 4 "problem" maps and when they don't crash on the other maps extreme rubber banding occurs asEA and Dice released an inexcusable broken product, the game is filled with glitches and bugs that they won't address. I would be fine with the product if they admitted their mistakes however they are just ignoring major problems that affect over 50% of users. The game freezes and crashes on 4 "problem" maps and when they don't crash on the other maps extreme rubber banding occurs as well audio loss and audio looping that render it unplayable. Completely disgusted by their support and refusal to address the issue, never buying an EA or Dice product again. Expand
  23. Nov 2, 2013
    Alright Bad Company 2 was a good game, Battlefield 3 was a good game too, BUT Battlefield 4 is crap.

Why?

1. You need to connect to Origins to play
    2. If you want to play online you have to go to their website and search there for a server
    3. The game crashes ways to much (I have a good PC)
    4. The singleplayer campaign is bad
  24. Nov 2, 2013
    The game is filled with glitches and bugs that they won't address (sound bugs, constant rubberbending, sound loops, freezing etc.)
    There is constant crashing and you are unable to finish single round.
    They sell us half-made product
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    I'm absolutely disappointed with this game. I've completed single player in about 4h and was full of bugs and glitches, which is a joke, since you promised us a really good campaign. Multiplayer is not any better, every single map is overwhelmed with campers and bugs, and on top of that there are horrendous lags. To be honest, I much preferred the BETA version of this game, at least theI'm absolutely disappointed with this game. I've completed single player in about 4h and was full of bugs and glitches, which is a joke, since you promised us a really good campaign. Multiplayer is not any better, every single map is overwhelmed with campers and bugs, and on top of that there are horrendous lags. To be honest, I much preferred the BETA version of this game, at least the gaming community was much more pleasant. Expand
  26. Nov 1, 2013
    Rushed to launch before the next Call of Duty, as EA always does, Battlefield 4 returns with even more DLC schemes and console ports, ready to take your money and charge you every step of the way.

It's quite literally Battlefield 2 for the mindless modern gamer.
  27. Nov 2, 2013
    "Something went wrong" that is a message you will (often) see after your game will crash. Considering all that is happening with multiplayer, that is: not possible to join, disconnections from servers, crashes every couple of minutes, and many, many other annoying issues, I would say that something went wrong in DICE.

At the moment I am writing, BF4 multiplayer is simply not playable.

At the moment I am writing, BF4 multiplayer is simply not playable. Also graphics are not much improved compared to BF3, yet performance impact is significat. I would say game is not to good optimized (yet). To sum-up: Product is not complete and need lot of patching. UUnfortunately.

PS: I judge this game based on multi, I did not finish singleplayer campaign.
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is utter nonsense compared to Battlefield 3. It is best to wait and not ruin the experience, before the bugs are out and developers have maid the game again from the scratch. i consider this waste of my money and time, but hey... maybe they use it to make the game better.

Graphics are not better than in BF4 than BF3, actually by playing both in Ultra settings i consider that BF3 is better looking game.

The way i see it, Developers have read all the requests and wishes from us... laughed, and the done the complete opposite. Don't get me wrong, this game could become a masterpiece, but i requires ALOT... and i mean ALOT of work.

As a customer, i'v grown tired of companies releasing unfinished products. get a grip!
  29. Oct 30, 2013
    Another unfinished product full of bugs. Horrible singleplayer story. After finishing it I still don't know what the story was suppose to be about. Multiplayer is plagued with bugs, disconnect issues, horrible netcode (which seems to be standard for BF series) and headache inducing screen shake 24/7.

This game should be a DLC for Battlefield 3.
  30. Oct 30, 2013
    Playing Battlefield on Pc since BF1942, i'm officially done with this licence. This is a BF 3.5, the TV missiles in viper is now useless, levolution is just some script, netcode still very bad. I've spotted the same bugs than in BF3, and experienced so many crash in multiplayer that i'm disgusted of Battlefield.
    Thanks for your previous Battlefield games Dice, was great.
  31. Nov 2, 2013
    For a regular shooter there are 10 of 10, but after bf3 this max only 3

poor performance(on medium and ultra always 27-35 fps), bugs, glitch, graphics(after bf3 i want better graphic), hardcore servers always full(i find only 5 rush HC servers and all full), levelution for a one time, destruction like in bf3(similar to bf3), price for game+premium to big.
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    There is honestly barely any difference between bf4 and bf3, and i have over 300 hours of gameplay in battlefield 3. This whole "levolution" thing is just a gimmick that rarely has a strategic purpose. On some maps it even makes the whole gameplay worse in the shape of flooding the map or ruining a fun strategic position. Don't encourage dice to keep making the exact game over and overThere is honestly barely any difference between bf4 and bf3, and i have over 300 hours of gameplay in battlefield 3. This whole "levolution" thing is just a gimmick that rarely has a strategic purpose. On some maps it even makes the whole gameplay worse in the shape of flooding the map or ruining a fun strategic position. Don't encourage dice to keep making the exact game over and over please. I'll stick to bad company 2 for my multiplayer fps gaming. Expand
  33. Oct 31, 2013
    I have no played single player, nor tried out commander mode. I however extensively played the beta.
    I rate games on three points. Graphics, Gameplay, Sound. Over BF3, the graphics and gameplay have not been improved. However, the sound has immensely. It is why I give this a three. "Levolution" is simply a catchphrase used to win over naive drones who don't know all it means is a little extra scripting in each level that has never been hard to achieve. I did not pre-order. I have not bought it and never will. I have been wanting the strategy & gameplay of BF2 & BF2142 to be the starting point and be improved upon. Despite the gunplay, graphics & sound all improving the gameplay has unfortunately followed Call of Duty formula: Ultra fast TTK and Ultra fast gameplay. TTK is so low and life time so short that you are really just dying constantly. The only way to survive is to fly or drive around with your friends repair spamming, but even then when you get focused everything is so weak your destroyed. Don't bother. At this very moment they're already working on BF5 which they'll announce 6 months from now and the same drones will thoughtlessly fork out the cash.
  34. Oct 30, 2013
    The single player is ok, very short and forgettable, but everyone cares about the multiplier. However, on PC the multiplier constantly crashes after 5-20 min of game play, which wouldn't be to bad but you lose all your exp for that match. I have played a ton, and well over 75% of my games i have crashed to my desktop and lost all of my exp and the games that haven't are usually onesThe single player is ok, very short and forgettable, but everyone cares about the multiplier. However, on PC the multiplier constantly crashes after 5-20 min of game play, which wouldn't be to bad but you lose all your exp for that match. I have played a ton, and well over 75% of my games i have crashed to my desktop and lost all of my exp and the games that haven't are usually ones almost over where i gain nothing. After putting 7-8 hours into the multiplier, i am only just hitting level 5 which is so much fun. You buy these games for the multiplier, and with the multiplier being completely broken, the game is utter trash. Expand
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    Hey kids you know what i want for Christmas! yeah a half finished broken buggy crash ridden pile of horse that will be milked for every last dime until the game is beaten into the ground and whipped until it is unprofitable...actually that may be an over reaction, buuut seriously this game is no shape or form to be released, its very buggy, bugs so many that I don't care to mention themHey kids you know what i want for Christmas! yeah a half finished broken buggy crash ridden pile of horse that will be milked for every last dime until the game is beaten into the ground and whipped until it is unprofitable...actually that may be an over reaction, buuut seriously this game is no shape or form to be released, its very buggy, bugs so many that I don't care to mention them all, the single player is throwaway, nice tech demo thats about it....but you know what, there is a good game here, hell even a great game...buuut in its current state i cannot recommend this game for pc users, perhaps in the future after a few patches and dice and Ea get their together, but RIGHT now....give this a pass, save yourself the disappointment... Expand
  36. Nov 2, 2013
    This game isn't even finished. Characters and spawned away from the current objective, massive amounts of texture "errors" or in other words they just didn't bother to give it a texture, and it isn't even the first big blunder by EA, a multi-million dollar company nonetheless. The story has no depth and it's just mindless killing. NPC's aren't animated. And the biggest fault I have foundThis game isn't even finished. Characters and spawned away from the current objective, massive amounts of texture "errors" or in other words they just didn't bother to give it a texture, and it isn't even the first big blunder by EA, a multi-million dollar company nonetheless. The story has no depth and it's just mindless killing. NPC's aren't animated. And the biggest fault I have found is that it is just too much like Call of Duty. The only good selling point that I could find is that SOME buildings are destructible. The game just bland killing and explosion to make things seem cooler. The people who play tested this game need to be fired because they OK'ed a tech demo. Expand
  37. Oct 30, 2013
    I wanted very much to like this game. I wanted very much, in fact, to PLAY this game. But unfortunately, after spending over an hour troubleshooting, not only following the steps on EA's site, but researching on the Internet, I'm unable to get the game to even launch without crashing. I haven't even seen the title screen.

This is after being forced to install both Origin and some

This is after being forced to install both Origin and some asinine browser plugin just to launch the single player game. Think about that. I needed to install a browser plugin to play the single player campaign.

How can I give this anything but a fat zero?
  38. Oct 31, 2013
    BF3 run perfectly on my system, and I get excellent frame rate in BF4 too, the only thing is, since I have a 32bit Vista (it pertains to all 32bit systems), I am forced to play on low settings not one feature can be changed. And then, the game looks worse than BF2 or 1942 did. It's absolutely ridiculos and the first time I've seen such limitation in a game. My hardware let's me run anyBF3 run perfectly on my system, and I get excellent frame rate in BF4 too, the only thing is, since I have a 32bit Vista (it pertains to all 32bit systems), I am forced to play on low settings not one feature can be changed. And then, the game looks worse than BF2 or 1942 did. It's absolutely ridiculos and the first time I've seen such limitation in a game. My hardware let's me run any recent release at high settings so it's only poor design strategy from developers. At the very least, they should write that on the box, or include such information in previews.
    Now I see, thats why demo was limited to 64bit machines. Great move EA, I've a couple thousand dollars worth of pc games but from now I guess no EA game will be bought at launch. Ever.

Additionally, I am screwed by a horrible, and again forced, localisation (Polish).
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    More old stuff packed in an awesome new engine.
    Just wait til they use this engine for a real games, not this hamburger abomination, dont spend a cent on it.
  40. Nov 3, 2013
    If you enjoyed Battlefield 3; stick with that BF4 is actually a step backwards with a campaign that is so poor it's a wonder they bothered including it. The maps aren't really designed for specific modes such as Rush and none of which are overly thrilling to play either. The overall product is riddled with bugs and many matches suffer chronic stutters in play with bursts of lag or justIf you enjoyed Battlefield 3; stick with that BF4 is actually a step backwards with a campaign that is so poor it's a wonder they bothered including it. The maps aren't really designed for specific modes such as Rush and none of which are overly thrilling to play either. The overall product is riddled with bugs and many matches suffer chronic stutters in play with bursts of lag or just general dreadful texture issues.

The bullet detection is laughable with many players throwing hacking accusations when actually it's the game that is woefully inconsistent. With the poor map design; many matches just decline into complete carnage and adding the bugs to the equation, multiplayer just becomes tiresome and tedious. Frostbite 3 is barely a noticeable improvement compared to the jump BF3 made with its new engine. The destruction ceases to impress after a while and as matches become more erratic and chaotic; you'll barely have time to notice the alleged spectacular scripted crashes and bangs.

Kudos to EA though they have done a marvelous job of conning people with a glitzy presentation at E3. The finished product is nothing compared to the impressive portrayal that we saw at the show with the numerous gameplay videos. Battlefield 4 still feels as if it's in alpha-mode as this product is clearly not finished and is far too broken to deserve to be one sale. EA and DICE should be blocked from distributing any DLC until they rectify the bugs but even if this is done, the core game and its gameplay is extremely cumbersome, exhausting and shallow.
  41. Oct 31, 2013
    Buggy piece of Regular crashes, and I can not even go through the campaign. Bugs with the sound, he always lost. The much-vaunted levolution really crap, its not. And it does not affect the game.
    Whis game big piece of bugged
  42. Oct 30, 2013
    This should be Battlefield 3 DLC. I was hoping so badly for this game to be good, to be something different, to finally make up the difference between it and the CoD franchise. But, it has fallen way short.

Really, still no pregame lobby? Really, still no damage balance? Really, all you added to the franchise was some structures collapsing?? EA is a giant, money grabbing joke.

EA is a giant, money grabbing joke. They put out one decent game, and then bleed their customers dry with mediocre sequel upon sequel.

This game will be getting traded in tomorrow and replaced with Ghosts.
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    Сhange my mind!!! The game always crashes, falls server, sound disappears and the plot in a custom game worse than b3!!! free money well spent!!! b5 not buy!!!
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    I have not been able to start the game without my whole computer freezing. I have tried reinstalling every possible driver, reinstalling the game, punkbuster and even windows. But it still doesn't work. I have no problems with any other game and my PC is well within the recommended systems specs.

This is not ok for a game you paid money for.
  45. Oct 30, 2013
    The game is barely a graphical update over BF3... and that is about it. Same gameplay, the leveling and unlock system is even less friendly than in BF3.

a typical match goes like this. "Spawn, run for 2 minutes to objective, get sniped, spawn, run for 30 seconds get sniped, spawm, get sniped at spawn." I have played many matches where it was all snipers from all angles meaning all

I have played many matches where it was all snipers from all angles meaning all you did was die as these elite players cleaned the field.

The game is altogether un-fun at the best of times, when these exploits are occuring is is simply enraging.

The game wants you to support your team and work together, but the fact is, if you do not get a kill you are not getting much XP, if any.

If they really do want the game to be about working as a team, then they need to re-work this entire game from the ground up.

It requires team work to play, but what about all of us solo players?
  46. Oct 29, 2013
    For players looking for Rush gameplay, this BF4 is a sore disappointment. The problem are the maps, seeming more like the Armored Kill and End Game maps. There are no maps like Grand Bazar, Seine or Aftermath.

There are serious problems with the spawn on the defensive team of a few maps, resulting in many instant kills after spawn. The unlocking of several weapons is locked to

The unlocking of several weapons is locked to completing the camping. Since the campaign is very weak and boring, this is a problem for the multi player component.

Levelution is just PR. It is just a change in the map, more aesthetic than anything else, that little affects the tactics.
  47. Oct 31, 2013
    pew pew, bloody screen so real, hey look at those destroyed buildings doing nothing more than eye candy, so gimmicky so real. want the full game? pay over 100 euros. want to skip leveling, instead of starting up with all unlocks like in the good old games? pay even more!! This game is a disgrace.
  48. Oct 30, 2013
    Where to begin? I realize that this is not a simulation style game, so realism is not the top priority for the devs, however... in a world of tanks, planes, smaller tanks, dune buggies etc. the balance of the weapon systems is way off. Anyone who has experience firing larger caliber weapons will notice right away the ridiculous drop off the 25mm cannon and the MBT cannon is not only notWhere to begin? I realize that this is not a simulation style game, so realism is not the top priority for the devs, however... in a world of tanks, planes, smaller tanks, dune buggies etc. the balance of the weapon systems is way off. Anyone who has experience firing larger caliber weapons will notice right away the ridiculous drop off the 25mm cannon and the MBT cannon is not only not realistic, but you'll fire much smaller caliber weapons and laugh when you see how much more accurately they shoot. The game forces ground vehicles to close to 25m of a target before you can start hitting consistently. Expand
  49. Oct 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Even ignoring the disappointment of the campaign. The multiplayer could have been a DLC for BF3.The problem are the maps, seeming more like the Armored Kill and End Game maps Expand
  50. Dec 20, 2013
    The game does have its shortcomings, but overall if you play it with friends, you can have a reasonably fun time. However it doesn't feel like the game changed much since BF3.
  51. Oct 30, 2013
    I don't understand dog enthusiasm about the release of the next unfinished crap from EA and DICE. Such a horrible single player campaign, I have not seen yet never, the plot does not exist it is incomprehensible what started it all and end all. During the game the opponents appear out of nowhere right in front of you in ten meters, only that no one was about, and that's under the nose ofI don't understand dog enthusiasm about the release of the next unfinished crap from EA and DICE. Such a horrible single player campaign, I have not seen yet never, the plot does not exist it is incomprehensible what started it all and end all. During the game the opponents appear out of nowhere right in front of you in ten meters, only that no one was about, and that's under the nose of two tanks and two dozen soldiers! Materialized out of the air. Techniques and soldiers do not go and fly above the earth, artificiality of what is happening is complemented by the behavior of weapons. Feel no shooting, no difference, you shoot from a pistol or a gun, a lack of feedback don't understand, hit you or not! All this against the background of the advertised Frostbite 3 with his deathly pale flowers and blue grey scheme, from which you want to puke. Why such an attitude to the customers? Probably not have enough money and time, and probably just don't care about players and so will devour! And for that ask for 50$, and as much again for premium! EA, you absolutely insolent. It can hardly be called a DLC for the previous part of the game, but not a new product. Put ZERO, this year is the worst game of all that I had!!! And do not say that the main multiplayer. Mode commander is a big nonsense. Technique unbalanced, system revivals horrible sound lags behind the events. I want to see the finished game, but not a beta test. This is a step back compared to the last part of the game. EA, return the money!!! Sorry for my bad English! Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2013
    I literally can't play the game right now. I'm at a known glitch/bug in the game where I can't even progress in single player. So, I got onto multiplayer, and I can't even play because it automatically crashes 30 seconds into any match. It's happened 4 times back to back, I have a top-notch computer and all the drivers.
  53. Feb 13, 2014
    10 points. Great game when it works.

10 points. Great game when it works.

-9 points for the worst supported game I've invested money up-front for, including "premium". Still crashing months after release. I hope people in quality assurance at EA / DICE were fired over releasing an incomplete game (as of Feb 2014). I'd get a refund except I was naive enough to trust them when they said they'd fix the problems. Now I'm outside EA's "great game guarantee" time period... what a joke.
  54. Feb 13, 2014
    this game doesn't even deserve a 1.

Games should be about having fun and this game clearly prevents you from having any. Going from BF3 in its fixed state to BF4 has been a nightmare. I went from averaging 4.3 KDR to a mere 1.6. I record all my matches and realized that the problem was due to the game. The game has HORRID hit detection and netcode is at its worst. I empty full
    this game doesn't even deserve a 1.

I record all my matches and realized that the problem was due to the game. The game has HORRID hit detection and netcode is at its worst. I empty full mags on enemies with their backs facing me and there are many hit marks on the crosshair. Yet they take 0 damage, turn around and instant kills me quite often.

I wouldn't have a problem if BF3 was still alive and kicking. However, only 2 servers that ever show up on Battlelog for BF3 and it really **** everything up.

I instead tried out some other FPS's like CS:GO and even TF2 and realized how much more fluid and crisp the gameplay was. None of this uncertainty of netcode and hit registration.

This literally **** up the battlefield franchise for me because there is no good battlefield to play atm with people playing in them.
  55. Feb 15, 2014
    After asking for several months: I was given a refund for battlefield 4 + premium. Dice released a game full of bugs, with awful performance, and with constant crashes. I spent longer trying to play the game than actually playing it.

Dice cancelled premium events without notice, and compensated players with an unannounced (and short) event. Dice postponed content due to their own delays and incompetence. Dice released patches that broke the game further for myself and others.

It's obvious this product was rushed to market to compete with call of duty and to meet 2 console launches. I might give this game a try in 2 years once all the expensive dlc and bug fixes are released and the game costs less than $20 (with maps).

I can't believe a major publisher is trying to charge for basic content in 2014 for a broken game. Shame on EA and shame on Dice.

This game was so terrible it convinced me to pass on titanfall. I don't trust any ea games anymore.
  56. Feb 15, 2014
    What a joke of a game. EA is the most greedy company in the world. DLC, DLC, DLC, AND MORE DLC. Hope whoever started this make half a game trend dies.
  57. Feb 21, 2014
    I can't understand how pro dev could release a game with a so bad netcode, and more patch are released more the game crash often !.
    But they are so lucky because there are no other alternative to BF4, FPS warfare with vehicules.
    Buy this game under 20$
  58. Feb 22, 2014
    Absolute junk. The game will not launch since last update. DICE has NO customer support. Game has been unplayable for all of February. It funny that they celebrate "customer appreciation" month by making the game unplayable. Save your money and done buy this garbage
  59. Apr 17, 2014
    Had high hopes for this game however it was a bit of a letdown. Not to say it is all bad though, when the game works, its amazing. But more often than not you spawn into game without a gun, get killed seconds after hiding behind cover, audio cuts off, unload a whole magazine into someone 2 feet away looking the opposite direction yet not getting 1 hit marker, rubber banding every coupleHad high hopes for this game however it was a bit of a letdown. Not to say it is all bad though, when the game works, its amazing. But more often than not you spawn into game without a gun, get killed seconds after hiding behind cover, audio cuts off, unload a whole magazine into someone 2 feet away looking the opposite direction yet not getting 1 hit marker, rubber banding every couple feet ect.

What could have been an amazing game was clearly pushed out the door before it was complete. So you essentially paid full price for a game that is still in development, and even now 6 months after they are the game is still full of bugs that have not been addressed. And if you were part of the unlucky ones who paid 60 dollars for a "full" game plus another 50 for the premium service you paid 110 dollars for a game that 6 months after launch is still not fully functioning as intended, something that should have been sorted out before they take your money.

But as I said, when it works, its amazing. Graphics are beautiful with some additions that just seemed like gimmics and where poorly thought out. Outside of operation locker your screen will go completely white as the snow storm kicks in which doesn't allow you to see anything. The sandstorm while looks cool from a gameplay perspective is completely pointless as you are just looking at a dirty screen with little triangles off in the distance. Gunplay is inconsistent you can get 1 shotted by someone yet at the same time you can empty magazine landing every bullet and not 1 hit marker. So the gunplay doesn't boil down to skill but rather is determined by luck and the engine if it wants to work properly or not.

I wanted to like this game so much however I cannot justify the price tag of a AAA title that is nonfunctioning. Before the game was released I was one of those who watched the interviews and read up all about it about how much better BF4 is going to be than BF3. About how much more responsive the gameplay will feel and how much better the netcode is. It was described as "magic", "snappy", and "responsive". All of which was a lie, that is what BF4 feels like to me, a lie. What was promised and paid for in full price was never delivered.
  60. May 5, 2014
    Dear god the gunplay is the most atrocious I have ever experienced in any first person shooter ever. The netcode is TERRIBLE, it has largely remained unchanged since launch. I highly doubt DICE will ever be able to fix it due to complex technical issues being so deeply rooted into the game code.
    To add to the above, there is a suppression mechanic which involves screen blur, weapon recoil increase and optic sway. Then there is visual recoil where your optic doesn't actually reflect where your bullets are going. Then there is flinching which makes your gun randomly jump every time you're hit. The combination of all of this means BF4 completely fails the "shooter" part of "first person shooter".

3/10 for the sheer ambition, scope and variance in gameplay and vehicle combat. I will not forgive DICE/EA for knowingly releasing a massively unfinished product, then following it up with claims that the game was ready for release. As of May 2014, Battlefield 4 is still unfinished (in my opinion) and has some way to go before it could be called a polished product.
  61. Feb 13, 2014
    Bad.... what this..................................
    i think very bad

................................................................................
  62. Feb 20, 2014
    Bugged Version Bf3 but with more guns and even more weapons not so much added expect the levelation that adds even more buggs you are better off playing BF3 as BF4 is almost the same just diffrent charachters new story and no blue filter
  63. Feb 25, 2014
    what a shame
    to all my fellow gamers please stop accepting BROKEN games
    the game is broken and whats with this dlc thing are we supposed to be millionares now and buy games in peices do i have to pay 120 dollars for a game now? i had a blast with bf 3 but this one is just a complete mess and on top of this this dlc stuff is driving me crazy i have no words to describe the greed of
    what a shame
    to all my fellow gamers please stop accepting BROKEN games
    the game is broken and whats with this dlc thing
    are we supposed to be millionares now and buy games in peices
    do i have to pay 120 dollars for a game now?
    i have no words to describe the greed of these companies
    please boycott this product
  64. Apr 4, 2014
    Naval Strike Update: Oh look, the third DLC is out and the game is buggier, laggier, and crashes more than ever. Knocking off what few points I had given it before.
  65. Mar 25, 2014
    For the stupid naval strike delay for pc users.First they announced, than they deleted it 3 hours before release, and said that there some huge mistake, **** you dice!
  66. Mar 26, 2014
    I have to give Battlefield 4 a low rating, DICE/EA promised a lot and presented extra fancy trailers but in the end they failed miserably in the deliverance of a working product. Not only has the launched been the worse I've remembered for a game but in addition to it the DICE/EA has continued to show themselves incapable of delivering a working product.

For them to still be having

For them to still be having problems to this day with various bugs, and now for the second time being forced to delay the DLC for the PC players is plain unacceptable. DICE/EA has definitely lost me as a future pre-ordering player. I won't fall for hype any further in any games they put out. I'm afraid the BF series has definitely been destroyed and I have no excitement about BF5.
  67. Apr 9, 2014
    Nice graphics and audio, but horrible gameplay. Games won't load, hits won't register, guns don't fire and maps randomly crash/forces you to restart. Many months after release, bugs are still all over the place. Netcode feels like you're playing Quake on a 28.8 baud modem in 1995.

There's hardly any difference compared to BF3 either, so if you own that there is little reason to upgrade, except for the new maps.
  68. Apr 14, 2014
    Another great example, that EA is a money-grubbing company. They have taken BF3, have done a 1.5 hours singleplayer-campaign which has 5% Gameplay 15% Bugs and 80% Script Sequences, then they have taken the old Frostbite-Engine and have integrated 2 new codes in it, then they have copied the old multiplayer (only bugs and a few maps were added). At the end they have placed it in theAnother great example, that EA is a money-grubbing company. They have taken BF3, have done a 1.5 hours singleplayer-campaign which has 5% Gameplay 15% Bugs and 80% Script Sequences, then they have taken the old Frostbite-Engine and have integrated 2 new codes in it, then they have copied the old multiplayer (only bugs and a few maps were added). At the end they have placed it in the market. I pay 60€ for the game (Yes i am european) and then 60€ for Premium. And then 80€ for "new" (Day One....or two) DLCS. Wonderful.

Sorry for translation errors.
  69. Apr 15, 2014
    This game has so much DLC map crap that it's a pain in the ass trying to find a server for standard edition. The server recommendation is always sending me to empty servers despite checking that there should be 1-5 slots left. Game runs like dog **** for a computer that exceeds the recommended computer specs. On medium settings it looks like a playstation 2 game. The game plays and feelsThis game has so much DLC map crap that it's a pain in the ass trying to find a server for standard edition. The server recommendation is always sending me to empty servers despite checking that there should be 1-5 slots left. Game runs like dog **** for a computer that exceeds the recommended computer specs. On medium settings it looks like a playstation 2 game. The game plays and feels like BF3. I wouldn't and couldn't even play it if it was given our for free. Expand
  70. Apr 16, 2014
    My god this game is so fuking broken and a bug fest.This game is an hybrid between BF and Cod.........
    If you are an old school battlefield player DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!
  71. Apr 21, 2014
    I loved battlefield 3. I logged over 200 hours in it. Then they came out with this unfinished steaming turd, and never finished it. I hate almost everything about this game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not even a person I hate. The worst people on earth don't deserve having to play this god awful **** stain on gaming. I normally make informed decisions about games. I've loved, or atI loved battlefield 3. I logged over 200 hours in it. Then they came out with this unfinished steaming turd, and never finished it. I hate almost everything about this game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not even a person I hate. The worst people on earth don't deserve having to play this god awful **** stain on gaming. I normally make informed decisions about games. I've loved, or at least really liked almost every game that I've paid full price for. This is the one exception. I can't believe that I pre-ordered, and was actually excited for this game at one point. My hopes were completely dashed. And I can't even resell it because it's digital. This is the only game I've paid full price for that I regret buying 100%. And I bought mercenaries 2. At least that game had some fun elements to it. I don't know if I'm getting the next battlefield game or not. But either way, I'm approaching the next game with caution, not enthusiasm. Expand
  72. May 28, 2014
    This game is full of problems. I don't even know where to start.
    How about the fact that I got this with my Radeon R9 graphics card for free and it still is horribly flawed and it's on the border of hatred?
    The main reason this game is horrible is because this game is carrying a **** ton of bugs that DICE and EA are ignoring. Oh, and also, the single player is a broken piece of ****.
    This game is full of problems. I don't even know where to start.
    And also the maps are boring and the levolutions are nothing to **** your pants over.
    Basically, what I'm saying is to not buy this game.
    There are only a few things holding this game up, such as the graphics and the fact that it's not as bad as Call of Duty.
  73. Jun 15, 2014
    After buying BF4 with Expansion packs, I've had to endure rampant bugs and broken promises. Enough is enough. Not worth a dime. Dice lies over and over and fails to make any meaningful fixes to the game.
  74. Aug 10, 2014
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try. Well this is basically BF3.5. Netcode still crap, origin is a total joke, no lobby, as less userfriendly as possible in 2014, "premium" things to buy (read : pay2win), no balance, a nightmare for new players, etc. etc. Thanks EA for yet
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try.

Thanks EA for yet another licence you kill. You guys are really good at it !

Thanks programmers for all the fun in BF2, last good game in the franchise. We had a blast. Memories are eternal.
  75. Nov 26, 2014
    You could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour aYou could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour a steer clear of this game. Expand
  76. Feb 22, 2014
    You know the problems in battlefield 4? What if I told you these problems were in battlefield 3 and STILL ARE! Only idiot's would defend battlefield 3 or 4 and dice/EA I hate you more than any other company even more than Microsoft which is saying something for me!
  77. Feb 26, 2014
    Utter crap. A buggy piece of **** where nothing seems to be working. Getting shot behind cover, bullets suddenly taking off in random directions, hits not registering, hits not registering with proper damage, pistol one-shot kills etc. etc. Ever second kill in this game is caused by some weird bug. At least. Do a Youtube search for "Battlefield 4 netcode" if you don't believe me.
  78. Mar 2, 2014
    It's a 10/10 when it works. You can kind of figure out the rating, then. Guys, this is a really crappy thing to do to players. Though, I suppose EA is mostly to blame. You can take your Titanfall and shove it, I'm never buying anything from you turkeyneck smokers ever again.
  79. Mar 16, 2014
    Crashes way too much, and DLC is being released before the game is stable already splitting the economy up. I for one do NOT buy DLC until the game stops crashing, I don't see how people can fork over more cash for a broken game.
  80. Mar 20, 2014
    After Battlefield 1942 the second BF that i played. The Campaign ist okay, because the story is not good. Gamplay is typical Battlefield, nice!

Multiplayer is still alpha (2014-03-20), not even beta! every third round occurs an error, the game stops. Its not really playable. I'm happy that I haven't bought Premium, because 50€ are too much for this singeplayer. Multiplayer is not

I'm happy that I haven't bought Premium, because 50€ are too much for this singeplayer. Multiplayer is not really playable alpha.
    I'm sure that this is my second and last Battlefield!!!
  81. Apr 9, 2014
    EA is the worst american company and that is a very good reason for that. They put a lot of effort to win that title and Battlefield 4 is a great example of that.
    EA released a game that they knew was full of bugs and broken a lot of investors sold their companies shares right before the release.
    They don't care about you they are the cancer of this industry and if you buy this game you are just telling them: "I like to f*cked in the ass with a fire extiguinsher".
  82. Apr 14, 2014
    Can be a good Game .. but is not a good game.

To many Bugs and Cheaters.

And EA/Dice is ignoring the whole community They wont and do not improve or fix the game.
    EA / Dice just wants players monay.
  83. May 23, 2014
    Well if you are starving for a full released game BF4 is not the game you are looking for. In comparison to BF4, BF3 Netcode seems near perfect even if it isn't any close to it.
    So this beta-state game BF4 with 100$ pay to rage guarranty because all guys have to be like these guys in "wanted" and shoot around corners.
    In the end you just make up excuses for all this money why you haven't
    In the end you just make up excuses for all this money why you haven't already stopped playing this ****

May serve all graphic whores but nothing more. Campaign is also pretty "meh".
  84. Jun 3, 2014
    I tried to give it time, hoped it would be patched, but no that hasn't happened yet. It's a buggy piece of **** very frustrating to play. BF3 was excellent this is not, last time I will purchase a BF game.
  85. Jun 3, 2014
    BUUUUURN EA/DICE for making this CRAP!!!!! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrnnnnnn!!!!!! I will never forgive them for making a game THIS halfassed! . .
  86. Jun 8, 2014
    Game has terrible netcode. I am making this update after the much talked about netcode update. It's still a bad game overall, a few good ideas like carbines and DMR's for all classes but really nothing is improved in this game. BF3 is better in every way, and goes on sale often. Get that instead, more people populate the BF3 servers than BF4 at any time anyway.
  87. Jul 18, 2014
    Unplayable multiplayer... which is the only reason to actually buy this game in the first place...therefore a total waste of money. Netcode issues mean you frequently experience awful rubberbanding, one hit kills and most ridiculously of all the total inability to hit enemies.

I loved BF3 so much, I thought this game was going to be great from the beta, suffice to say it broke my heart. £80 down the swanny and not even any fix for the issues 12 months on. Shameful way to treat customers. Never going back to EA/Dice ever again.
  88. Dec 13, 2014
    This took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without aThis took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without a support, you wont do jack... The map design is terrible, as well. Has some neat little features but its still a bad design. Rush mode is still as bad as it was in bf3... They took a mode that was fun and great in bad company 2 and completely screwed it up. Having to unlock guns and accessories makes the game very unfriendly towards newbies, even veterans of the battlefield franchise. The premium edition... dont get me started... You pay extra for perks like... moving to the front of the queue, for full servers... Its a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. This game is a joke, ever since they codified it they killed off the fun factor of the game... They need to go back to the old system and remake bf2 and 2142 with better graphics, but the same gameplay as before... Too bad, this game should be great, looks great, but the mechanics are just terrible... Expand
  89. Mar 30, 2015
    Crashes regularly after 2 years of patches. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    BF3 is a lot better than BF4, seems like a half arsed console port to the PC. Maps look like they were created with an Etch-A-Sketch. Blocky and not much detail in them at all. Oversized and blurred text and HUD, awful netcode and spawns. I have a feeling that the BF3 DICE team did not make this game. Attention to detail is poor. There is something really wrong with mouse movement, I can'tBF3 is a lot better than BF4, seems like a half arsed console port to the PC. Maps look like they were created with an Etch-A-Sketch. Blocky and not much detail in them at all. Oversized and blurred text and HUD, awful netcode and spawns. I have a feeling that the BF3 DICE team did not make this game. Attention to detail is poor. There is something really wrong with mouse movement, I can't put my finger on it.
    Graphic effects are overdone, balance feels wrong, snipers are too effective. Not happy with the state of this game at all and I'm a BF fan over COD. I was thinking of giving this 6/10 but after a 2 year wait and what I thought was going to be an awesome game i'm going to have to give it 4/10.
    Must do better, shocking and piss poor from EA and DICE.
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    Singleplayer never got my interest, and the AI feels a bit stupid sometimes, probably more then average. But its the multiplayer I was after.
    And that is a pretty good experience.. when you don`t loose connection to the server that is. Or when you don`t freeze and crash.
    Just too sad that one month after release, and several patches out, Its an achievement to complete 2 matches in 2h. Spoils the fun of ranking up, and the multiplayer experience in general (you loose all xp gained during the match)
  92. Mar 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 - basically a dumb down and even more casualized (yes I made that word up) version of BF3 except with more customization.

This review is going to be directed toward players coming from BF3 and will be multiplayer focused, more of a comparison if you will. Pro's compared to BF3 in my opinion. -More variation and customization across the board including weapon

Pro's compared to BF3 in my opinion.

-More variation and customization across the board including weapon accessories, weapons themselves, kit upgrades and gadgets.

-Improvement in overall sound quality (gun report echos etc)

-More game modes

-strengthened naval combat presence.

Now the Con's compared to BF3 in my opinion.

-Serious hit reg and lag issues (apparently being worked on alongside all the typical expensive EA DLC)

-Average projectile speed about 50% the speed of a comparable projectile in BF3 (everything that can be fired moves much slower then it's BF3 counterparts to the point of feeling as if some weapons are more similar to space weapons (see halo series covenant weapons). This makes for much more drug out fights over medium to long distances especially with most vehicle weapons.

-Bullet spread and inaccuracy even higher then in BF3, (you want to see a newer FPS game doing small arms right?, give Insurgency a try.

-Even more conquest uncap spawn rape then BF3 matches normally experience.

Now taking these con's into consideration from what I've experienced in-game this has turned BF4 into more of an imprecise game of chance and guesswork where your PDW and carbine bullets move at the speed of your average pellet gun (meaning firing at a guy 50m away running to the side requires you to shoot an absurd and unrealistically far distance ahead of him to hit) and your 120mm tank cannon acts more like an over-sized potato gun or T-shirt launcher rather then a real cannon. (No biggie at 1 kilometer you only have to aim approx 100 feet above target to be on).

Now I know this game isn't mean't to be all about realism etc but they definitely took an even bigger step away from reality, competitiveness and skill based gameplay with BF4 compared to BF3. Obviously they're choosing to make it more approachable and tolerable to lower skilled and casual players so as to sell more but this version is beyond something I can enjoy playing online. Its much harder to consistently hit targets with most weapons at further ranges, thus forcing players to get very close to each other before being able to engage semi-reliably.

This game will do just fine as the market for casual gamers is huge. (see last 5 years of COD clones for proof) But for those of us that enjoy a stronger level of teamwork, realism and skill in our games It's safer to stick with BF3 or even better yet BFBC2, both are much better games then BF4 in my opinion even with their age and lack of refined customization and weapon variety.
  93. Mar 14, 2014
    Just another poorly designed game that hackers tear apart. If you like first person hard contact games
    you'll hate this one unless your a cheat user and have a foul mouth
  94. Mar 17, 2014
    Este juego esta rotisimo, la campaña es basura sin sentido y llena de bugs, el online esta lleno de camperos y noobs que solo saben poner claymores y c4, y ademas falla constantemente, no es normal que una simple pistola quite mas que un revolver eso es simplemente estupido
  95. Mar 19, 2014
    This game has too many flaws from date of release now 4 -5 months later and getting worse. The M1911 pistol is missing 3x scope, the gold battlepacks dont drop dog tags(only emblems and xp boosts. The missions are screwed up and not rewarding dog tags upon completion. There are 6 vehicles which wont registrar progress and cant get dog tags for them. Assignments no longer offer silver andThis game has too many flaws from date of release now 4 -5 months later and getting worse. The M1911 pistol is missing 3x scope, the gold battlepacks dont drop dog tags(only emblems and xp boosts. The missions are screwed up and not rewarding dog tags upon completion. There are 6 vehicles which wont registrar progress and cant get dog tags for them. Assignments no longer offer silver and gold battle packs as was in beginning. Battle pack dog tags not being released if no silver or gold packs can be given for assignments. This game is literally just for spare time gamers and not for the dedicated dog tag seekers. Expand
  96. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is a barrage or problems and bugs. Levolution is a gimmick as each event is scripted and uninteresting. Hit detection is horrid and getting shot behind walls a constant reminder that the game is indeed broken. It has been nearly 6 months since its release and there are still major bugs, like rubber bandingThis game is a barrage or problems and bugs. Levolution is a gimmick as each event is scripted and uninteresting. Hit detection is horrid and getting shot behind walls a constant reminder that the game is indeed broken. It has been nearly 6 months since its release and there are still major bugs, like rubber banding (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-bf4-rubber-banding-issues/).

Save yourself some frustration and pass up on this game.
  97. May 2, 2014
    I'm basing the game off the multiplayer experience. The single-player was a half-hour Call of Duty trailer where you keep wondering what the hell the mission is about.

I give the game a 1. PROS: - Beautiful graphics Cons: -Dying behind corners constantly -"Trading kills" 95% of the time I die. -I've seen my sniper bullets literally go through my enemy's head, he wasn't even

I give the game a 1.
    PROS:
    - Beautiful graphics

Cons:
    -Dying behind corners constantly
    -"Trading kills" 95% of the time I die.
    -I've seen my sniper bullets literally go through my enemy's head, he wasn't even injured.
    -Vehicle collisions are the worst. A dirtbike could slightly nudge your tank and you would go all over the place. Mario Karts on the N64 has better vehicle physics
    - The Attack Helicopter is still a flying coffin to this date
    - AA can destroy air vehicles at enemy spawn, even when the AA is at his own spawn on most maps.
    - AA is still overpowered
    - Developers have given up on the game and are going to announce a new one. Last patch was 2 months ago and this game has an endless list of bugs
    -Childish, Hello Kitty and Spongebob vehicle camos. I didn't buy BF4 to watch other kids live out their anime dream in a military shooter.
    - Most people either crash, freeze, or have low FPS (not me anymore)
    - AC130. Why? Not only is it on like every map, it is almost unstoppable. There is still a glitch (that lasted 2+ patches) where you're AC10 rockets don't register on the enemy and where enemy jets/helis can't damage you even when direct shots are fired.

I GIVE UP, DONT BUY ANYMORE DICE GAMES.

They had countless opportunities to fix the game even if EA did "rush them". Still haven't. Do not ever pre-order an EA or DICE game.
  98. May 27, 2014
    Battlefield 4 makes it obvious from the get-go that it values graphics over everything else. And the graphics are nothing short of stunning. But as EA should know by now, stunning visuals and sound effects don't make a game. And Battlefield 4's HD experience is ruined by the unstable game engine, slow matchmaking and server connections, dodgy connections in general, and the constantBattlefield 4 makes it obvious from the get-go that it values graphics over everything else. And the graphics are nothing short of stunning. But as EA should know by now, stunning visuals and sound effects don't make a game. And Battlefield 4's HD experience is ruined by the unstable game engine, slow matchmaking and server connections, dodgy connections in general, and the constant pestering to give EA more money.

I don't believe for one second that microtransactions and DLC are inherently bad. But how they're implemented can either enhance the game and make the developers a lot more money, or can completely ruin the experience. In Battlefield 4, it's the latter. It's one thing to include a microtransaction system in a free-to-play game. But when your game costs $60 USD, you're already pushing it. BF4 continues to be updated with expansion packs, which cost $15 each. Sure, you can just not buy them- but good luck finding a server that doesn't require them! Even servers playing on stock BF4 maps still regularly reject players who do not have the expansion packs installed. Players can also pay money to skip leveling (a feature common across almost all next-gen titles, unfortunately) and get a "premium membership" where their XP earned is doubled. This trend of "double XP" modes in games has already made the EXP/leveling system pop up in games where you'd least expect it as a cheap cop-out way to add microtransactions into the game. The worst part of paying to skip leveling is the massive number of inexperienced little kids running around with all the best weapons in the game because they got a hold of their mom's credit card. It totally ruins the balance of the game.

On top of all that, Battlefield 4 just isn't that much different from its predecessor to warrant me forking over $60, or more like $100+ if I actually want to play. Levelution is naught but a gimmick. 90% of the time, levelution-based changes to the map are purely aesthetic and hardly affect gameplay at all. And when you consider how slow the server connections are, even on the fastest fiber optic connections, and how buggy and unstable the game is, you're better off sticking to BF3.
  99. May 30, 2014
    I've pretty much boycotted E.A. after DA2 and the mess that was ME3 but I got this game free with a graphics card. It has good things; graphics, physics and sound (although slightly bugged sometimes). However the gameplay is a step back form BF2 and 3 (also got 3 free) and wiffs too much of Call of Duty. In single player if you shoot an enemy in the face be prepared for them to getI've pretty much boycotted E.A. after DA2 and the mess that was ME3 but I got this game free with a graphics card. It has good things; graphics, physics and sound (although slightly bugged sometimes). However the gameplay is a step back form BF2 and 3 (also got 3 free) and wiffs too much of Call of Duty. In single player if you shoot an enemy in the face be prepared for them to get straight back up and shoot at you and this is more irritating than the Ai possessing the ability to warp in new baddies like something from bloody star trek. So sod the single player (gave up half was as it was too mind numbing - story wasn't engaging enough to warrant such miserable whack-a-mole game mechanics). The multi-player is better but still not great (I have more fun on Planetside2 or Ghost Recon for example), something about the gun mechanics and movement just don't fit right (weapon feedback seems more like COD than previous games to me). Although I haven't experienced the worst of the "netcode" issues, i've seen enough to put me off playing any more. And I will get on record that running a game through your web browser is still not as easy as booting THE BLOODY GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE! Honestly no joke dice, just stop it. A UI is supposed to be easy and intuitive, not hidden between layer of useless stats and DLC adverts. Battlelog needs to die in a fire. Expand
  100. May 30, 2014
    Don't waste your time on this glitchy and badly optimized ****
    Battlefield 3 was few times better and worked perfectly (i7 3770k, gtx 770, 16gb ram, etc.)

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.