5.9

1. Feb 6, 2016
    At its launch, this game unstable and unplayable, especially on PC. Now, over 2 years after premiere, this is one of the best FPS I've ever played. Okay, campaign is awful, but Battlefield is all about multiplayer, which one is awesome. Bf4 has batter gun balance than Bf3. Some maps are great, I love Flood zone and Siege of Shanghai. Levolution is not as great as it could be, butAt its launch, this game unstable and unplayable, especially on PC. Now, over 2 years after premiere, this is one of the best FPS I've ever played. Okay, campaign is awful, but Battlefield is all about multiplayer, which one is awesome. Bf4 has batter gun balance than Bf3. Some maps are great, I love Flood zone and Siege of Shanghai. Levolution is not as great as it could be, but destroying skyscraper in Shanghai or destroying dam in Flood zone really change the map and gameplay. I've been playing games almost since its launch, but I'm still not bored with at all. Expand
  2. Feb 4, 2016
    This is the worst and more unstable game I have ever played. After years of updates, there is only one thing that's sure: new patch = new crashes.
    Then, game play and physics are crap I am not buying any DICE game or EA ever again.
    Good job!
  3. Jan 3, 2016
    Battlefield 4 is an upgraded version of Battlefield 3. You will get alot of new perks and EA really listened to the crowd on this one. However, while trying to make the public and majority of players happy with perks, this game totally lacks feeling. The game play feeling from Battlefield 3 is just gone and with the launch of the game the netcode was terrible. Trying to play this game 3Battlefield 4 is an upgraded version of Battlefield 3. You will get alot of new perks and EA really listened to the crowd on this one. However, while trying to make the public and majority of players happy with perks, this game totally lacks feeling. The game play feeling from Battlefield 3 is just gone and with the launch of the game the netcode was terrible. Trying to play this game 3 years after it's launched I can still feel the netcode issues lurking in my brain and makes me want to launch Battlefield 3. Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2016
    Had a lots of fun on this game but unfortunately with new patches and 'fixes' comes new bugs. Further more 'net code' sucks from day one. There has been 'fixes' for 'net code' but actually they didn't fix anything. What they did is nerf weapons damage so when someone starts shooting at you, you'll be able to notice it but there is still that one shot death present despite nerfs.
  5. Dec 30, 2015
    Pretty neat game with decent graphics and a nice soundscape.
    The netcode is still a big problem but overall it is fun to play this game with friends.
  6. Dec 28, 2015
    Dear God, how **** awful nowadays multiplayer FPS are.
    My last true multiplayer FPS experience was with UT2k4. After that, seeing how awful Call of Duty was, I gave up on online gameplay. This Christmas however, I saw Battlefield 4 on sale, the title everyone I asked about masturbates on, and decided to give it a try.
    Jesus **** Christ. I cannot even comprehend how **** awful multiplayer
    Dear God, how **** awful nowadays multiplayer FPS are.
    Jesus **** Christ. I cannot even comprehend how **** awful multiplayer in this game is. I could write dozens of pages of how **** bad this game is and why, but truth to be told, it all boils down to absolutely **** **** this game's gameplay is. This is the right word: the ****. Remember BF1942? Well, it's everything upside down in here. People spawning everywhere, falling on cap zones, atrociously bad hitboxes and what retards love the most: a **** of irrelevant crap on the screen, medals, badges, unlockables! Play 1000 hours to unlock that awesome skin or a dogtag! If the gameplay is about RNG killing/getting killed at the moment of spawning, delude yourself with that another tasty Super Seargant of Cool badge! Run around doing nothing and get 10000 points! Try to play with others - get stomped by a camper that spawned behind your zones in tasteless, designless levels!

I feel dirty after playing it for few days. Unfortunately it's too late to get a refund.

But, holy **** how bad this game is. Guess it's time to get back with LAN Quake 3 parties.
  7. Dec 24, 2015
    Campaign is a joke. But we don't play BF for the campaign so I'll skip to the multiplayer. This is an inherently good squad FPS game, probably the best of it's kind. Solid shooting mechanics and a very robust leveling system. It is let down by bad map design, too few infantry-based maps, and a terrible web browser based matchmaking system. 6/10.
  8. Dec 16, 2015
    The jump from console to PC is unforgiving. Controller support seems to be completely abandoned and useless, game breaking bugs that ruin all matter of game play.

The new maps are nice to see, because it lets me know that DICE is still working on this, but they shouldn't STILL be working it.. I do like the maps though, because they're big and immersive. Levolution is great to include in them, but those only lead to more bugs.

And the whole "Buy to win" factor makes the multiplayer very boring. Whats the point in advancing in this game if you can have rich kids drop $100+ just to give them a "fair chance"
  9. Dec 13, 2015
    BF4 is finally the game it was suposed to be back in 2013. For a good price you can get the full version (with all DLCs), Dice is still implementing new content like maps etc, I dont see any bugs anymore, all is working as it should. And its a lot of fun - much better then with BF3. Even though not everybody wants to play as a team, some people just run around and dont care, the system isBF4 is finally the game it was suposed to be back in 2013. For a good price you can get the full version (with all DLCs), Dice is still implementing new content like maps etc, I dont see any bugs anymore, all is working as it should. And its a lot of fun - much better then with BF3. Even though not everybody wants to play as a team, some people just run around and dont care, the system is awarding you for team play and you can have some great expericence from time to time, with your team mates. If you want a full game at incredible price - go for it! Expand
  10. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 8
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  11. Dec 10, 2015
    I got this game in 2014 , i was true what they say (bugs and more bugs),but with the time this game got fixed , and DICE added new maps and free DLCs .Now(December 2015) it costs around 5-10$ and the premium 30$ on G2A , IMO : NOW its a good game and its cheap , thx DICE and f*** you EA .
  12. Dec 4, 2015
    It's been almost 3 long years since the release of Battlefield 4, and still hard to believe. I remember purchasing it the week it came out. A game that was once mass riddled with bugs, crashes, glitches, latency, and hit detection issues, is fixed to its proper state. Not 100% but it runs great on most PCs now. After the flak that EA and DICE got concerning these problems at launch and theIt's been almost 3 long years since the release of Battlefield 4, and still hard to believe. I remember purchasing it the week it came out. A game that was once mass riddled with bugs, crashes, glitches, latency, and hit detection issues, is fixed to its proper state. Not 100% but it runs great on most PCs now. After the flak that EA and DICE got concerning these problems at launch and the high competition between Call of Duty, DICE decided to buckle down and promise players that they would fix the game, and so they did, and they did a good job at it by adding even more so than originally promised. However it does not mean they should do it again and hopefully they learned their lesson through this game. They still continue to deliver. Which is why BF4 holds up to this date, and hundreds of people are still playing it after flocking from Hardline and even the newly released Battlefront game. Lots of modes, maps, teamplay, gun play, graphics, are all fantastic. It is worth a buy right now since it is quite cheap along with the premium pass. Very fun game, especially when playing with friends in a squad. Expand
  13. Dec 1, 2015
    At first, this game was a shambles. Full of crashes, bugs, horrible performance and balancing issues. But DICE thankfully fixed most of these issues. I say most, because some people still experience some issues here and there, thankfully i haven't had any. The game runs great, the graphics are really good, the gunplay is solid and there are a lot of maps, tons of variety. Many guns, eachAt first, this game was a shambles. Full of crashes, bugs, horrible performance and balancing issues. But DICE thankfully fixed most of these issues. I say most, because some people still experience some issues here and there, thankfully i haven't had any. The game runs great, the graphics are really good, the gunplay is solid and there are a lot of maps, tons of variety. Many guns, each one has a lot of modifications you can use, there are 3 factions that you can play as, fun game modes and the game rewards you for teamwork. Campaign is still nothing special, just like in Battlefield 3. However, the multiplayer is incredibly fun and you will soak up a lot of hours into this game. I've played about 200 hours so far, and i come back constantly for more. A solid modern Battlefield game. Expand
  14. Nov 28, 2015
    I came to BF4 after loving BF3. This game is very similar, but the maps and weapons give it a new, more modern vibe that i really like. I personally do not experience any of the bugs people mention (using an i5 and radeon HD 7770), though i do experience the annoyingly long loading times. Also, the story doesn't get to me at all. I don't even bother with it. I really enjoy the realisticI came to BF4 after loving BF3. This game is very similar, but the maps and weapons give it a new, more modern vibe that i really like. I personally do not experience any of the bugs people mention (using an i5 and radeon HD 7770), though i do experience the annoyingly long loading times. Also, the story doesn't get to me at all. I don't even bother with it. I really enjoy the realistic multiplayer. Large maps are incredible. If the story was good I would have given it a 9 or 10. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2015
    This is a great game, and when i say a great game, i mean that it is one of the best online shooters i've played. You have to buy it, i have more than 180 hours in this game, which 110 of it are without the seasson pack, please, do yourself a favour and buy fo the love of god.
  16. Nov 19, 2015
    Bare in mind, I'm reviewing this game in 2015. Yes, I was playing it during its launch. It wasn't so bad at launch, but then again, I was running this with two GTX Titans at the time, so things were quite smooth. This is easily the most complete shooter on PC. It's not a pure test of the reflexes like Call of Duty or Counter Strike. Strategy matters in Battlefield. The name says itBare in mind, I'm reviewing this game in 2015. Yes, I was playing it during its launch. It wasn't so bad at launch, but then again, I was running this with two GTX Titans at the time, so things were quite smooth. This is easily the most complete shooter on PC. It's not a pure test of the reflexes like Call of Duty or Counter Strike. Strategy matters in Battlefield. The name says it all, as every map is literally a Battlefield. There are so many ways to approach a situation in this game that there's always a thirst for more.

The single player may be lackluster, but who purchases Battlefield for the single player? I'd honestly be happy with a Battlefield game that doesn't have a single player, but rather a well-polished multiplayer. Specialization is a much better approach rather than an attempt to make a game that's a "Jack of all trades." That's just one man's opinion though.
  17. Nov 16, 2015
    The was very good. Good graphics and smooth. the developers could work better in the story part mostly the end of the game was not i expected or could be. It was not good enough at the end could be very better but over all it was fun playing it and one more thing it was a short game.
  18. Nov 14, 2015
    The best large scale multiplayer FPS out there. BF4, like most of the Battlefield games that came before it, are the perfect combination of FPS, RPG, and RTS. I love how they took the deep progression and unlocks of an RPG, and the commander control and strategy of an RTS, and built this on top of one of the most massive scaled FPS's. This game is just so fun. Also, please ignore the jokeThe best large scale multiplayer FPS out there. BF4, like most of the Battlefield games that came before it, are the perfect combination of FPS, RPG, and RTS. I love how they took the deep progression and unlocks of an RPG, and the commander control and strategy of an RTS, and built this on top of one of the most massive scaled FPS's. This game is just so fun. Also, please ignore the joke of a campaign. Battlefield campaigns have always been laughably bad. I've played about 200 hours on this game, and about 200 on each core Battlefield game since 2142, and never noticed the netcode or rubberbanding issues that so many people whine about. Not sure what the big fuss is about. I also love how much post-sale love EA has given to this game. They are constantly releasing new maps and new weapons that they give away for free. Really neat to see the developer doing that. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2015
    At release I would have rated this a 4. Poor hit detection made game unplayable. Now it is more or less an extension of BF3. There are some balance issues but Dice still patches game and delivers free content to make up for the **** launch state. I will give them a pass on this one since they did do the players right and get the game in a good state, but I will not be as forgiving ifAt release I would have rated this a 4. Poor hit detection made game unplayable. Now it is more or less an extension of BF3. There are some balance issues but Dice still patches game and delivers free content to make up for the **** launch state. I will give them a pass on this one since they did do the players right and get the game in a good state, but I will not be as forgiving if taking 6-12 months to glue and duct tape their game becomes the norm. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2015
    Скучнейшая в мире сингл-кампания (в отличие от Колды даже кинца и падающих вертолётов нет). Сетевой режим только более глюченный стал. Изменений в графике мало. В общем-то игра неплохая, но по сути топтание на месте, больше простое использование наработок 3ей части не прокатит.Скучнейшая в мире сингл-кампания (в отличие от Колды даже кинца и падающих вертолётов нет). Сетевой режим только более глюченный стал. Изменений в графике мало. В общем-то игра неплохая, но по сути топтание на месте, больше простое использование наработок 3ей части не прокатит.
  21. Oct 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 기단
    김블로그

세븐님-11.2(18)
    만두님-12.1(19)
    김블님-12.12(21)
  22. Oct 27, 2015
    NO point for negative rating without some bug.....

Gameplay is fantastic...

Finished in hard difficulty......

Totally amazing for FPS lovers......
  23. Oct 12, 2015
    The 13 year old predecessor managed to have a catchy soundtrack, bots and the possibility to play coop on the huge maps!
    It even had U-boats and mods-support!
    Battlefield 4 on the other hand feels like a hamsterwheel and grindfest replaced good gameplay! This was the game that made me quit online-gaming and continuing playing only cooperatively with friends! If you thought
    It even had U-boats and mods-support!

If you thought Battlefield was an alternative to the annoying and kiddy-riddled Call of Duty you are wrong!
    Be prepared for annoying waiting-queues and sometimes totally unexplainable loading times!
    It looks fantastic!
    and yes:
    It sounds even better!
    In fact: There is no other game that has this absolutely astonishing sound-design! But it's nothing more than a facade!
    In fact it consists of an annoying and totally hollow game-mechanic!
    A XP-System that deludes you into achieving something, and is obviously a cover up for the bug-riddled gameplay and hostile game-enviroment with more random deaths and unfair gameplay every round!

The servers are filled with cheaters and death-squads who overrun and deliberately hunt newcomers!

If you thought: "Just have to get better", there is no way to get really better. You just earn xp and more guns and attachments (that's the Hamsterwheel that can get you into wasting time very fast! How often did you realize: NOT PLAYING FOR FUN, BUT FOR MORE XP AND BAGDES?)

Tactical approach is often missing totally and it's "everyone for themselves!"

Weapons are a joke!
    It makes NO DIFFERENCE if you shoot with a SMG or a Heavy MG!
    What should obliterate anyone coming through the hail of bullets, often doesn't do a scratch and you wonder if you even hit!
    Just to make you understand: The LIGHT MG farts 20 DMG and the HEAVY makes the same amount of stink!
    Pathetic!

A game that will make you hate campers and online gamers in general!
  24. Oct 8, 2015
    Still a fun game with active servers well after release. It had a buggy start but is now a lot better. It's gameplay feels even more smooth than battlefield 3, the maps look amazing and the gun play is quite fun. For normal mode the game irritates the heck out of me but I enjoy playing Hardcore which feels perfect to me.
  25. Sep 12, 2015
    It's a really good game. EA needs to permanently lower the price of the base game to a level that will guarantee the game grows on all platforms. I started out hating the game because no one was playing on PC. So you only had the idiot one map (the block), 2,000 ticket TDM servers that are absolutely horrible to play. A couple of sales later and there are plenty of multi mode, multiIt's a really good game. EA needs to permanently lower the price of the base game to a level that will guarantee the game grows on all platforms. I started out hating the game because no one was playing on PC. So you only had the idiot one map (the block), 2,000 ticket TDM servers that are absolutely horrible to play. A couple of sales later and there are plenty of multi mode, multi map servers. Now that I've had a chance to play most of the game modes and maps, I think it's incredible. TTK is closer to BF3 and not the BS TTK in BF4. And the map design puts BF4 to shame in every regard. Again, closer in quality to the BF3 map designs. For $24 or $28, depending on the edition, you can't go wrong. It's just a cool game. Expand
  26. Sep 10, 2015
    Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst.Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst. Suppression blur is removed. there is only a gun sway when you are suppressed without any accuracy hit and blur. guns and vehicles are more open to customization like you have more accessory slots for weapons and vehicles. Map design is very good. there are no choke points so far. you can always come back in game with alot of flanking ways. Expand
  27. Sep 2, 2015
    after all that **** that happend with the launch of bf4. its now good and its still playable to play on pc right now. sure the campaign is still dull. but the mulitplayer makes bf4 a fantasic experince to play.
  28. Sep 2, 2015
    Full of bugs, even in the current version of the game. AI teammates are complete worthless, the campaign isn't hard, or stupid hard, just stupid in design.
  29. Sep 1, 2015
    I've played Bad Company 1, Bad company 2 and battlefield 3. But battlefield 4 was just horrible. I never felt so ripped off by a game before. Battlefield 3's multiplayer was alright at best, but battlefield 4 took everything battlefield 3 screwed up on and made it even worse. I mean the upgrades (to guns, vehicles and etc.) It's getting out of hand at this point. So many upgrades I cannotI've played Bad Company 1, Bad company 2 and battlefield 3. But battlefield 4 was just horrible. I never felt so ripped off by a game before. Battlefield 3's multiplayer was alright at best, but battlefield 4 took everything battlefield 3 screwed up on and made it even worse. I mean the upgrades (to guns, vehicles and etc.) It's getting out of hand at this point. So many upgrades I cannot even keep track. There are upgrades for pretty much everything... so it makes Max Rank players ridiculously overpowered compared to someone else who is just starting out.

And multiplayer maps aren't anything special. It looks like a bunch of battlefield 3 maps that were left out in the final version of battlefield 3.

Campaign has gotten even worse... none of it literately makes sense. Sure there were a few epic moments but nothing really memorable unlike Call of duty modern warfare series. Battlefield 3's single player was tolerable, but this is a joke. And I'm pretty sure Battlefield 4 was a joke. Thanks a lot EA and DICE. You completely destroyed a franchise that could never be revived from this steaming pile...
  30. Aug 25, 2015
    Takes the franchise into a completely wrong direction. Battlefield 2 was the peak of the series. Battlefield 3 was fun but limited in the potential experience that could have been had because DICE had to make one game for a range of platforms with difference hardware. Battlefield 4 is simply a rehash of Battlefield 3 with no interesting add ons or improvements and what's even worse is theyTakes the franchise into a completely wrong direction. Battlefield 2 was the peak of the series. Battlefield 3 was fun but limited in the potential experience that could have been had because DICE had to make one game for a range of platforms with difference hardware. Battlefield 4 is simply a rehash of Battlefield 3 with no interesting add ons or improvements and what's even worse is they made the same game for older consoles like PS3 and Xbox 36. Boring corridor shooter that tries too hard to compete with call of duty. Can't wait for Squad to come out. Expand
  31. Aug 2, 2015
    This game is now 2 years old, and it is still littered with game breaking bugs. I am still unable to finish the campaign due to a game breaking glitch that prevents progression. But of course, no one plays Battlefield for the campaign, but fear not, there is a vast selection of bugs and glitches in the multiplayer as well 2 years later!

The game can't even install its own cheat

The game can't even install its own cheat prevention properly, prompting me to reinstall punkbuster (manually) seemingly any time I try come back to the game, trying to get someone to show up on your friends list can take anywhere between 30 seconds to... Never. And most recently, the audio cut out in the middle of a game.
    As if that's not bad enough, when BF4 killed its own audio, it also killed the audio for my entire PC, forcing me to reboot to get my sound back.

I would not recommend this trash to anyone, and would STRONGLY recommend avoiding all future games developed by DICE. It's a shame that they got their hands on Battlefront, I would have been greatly looking forward to playing it if it was being developed by anyone BUT DICE.
  32. Jul 29, 2015
    Más de lo mismo que el bf 3, con mapas menos memorables y con varios errores de jugabilidad como por ejemplo reaparecer en zonas no oportunas. Un modo historia aburrido y también con errores de jugabilidad.
  33. Jul 27, 2015
    Quite a time has passed after the game release, and most of the issues are fixed by now. However, you can't escape the past and after all patches which have came out the core of the game can't be changed.

So what is about it? There are so many gadgets and weapons in this game that around 40% I have not and would not use at all. Why? Because most of them are purposeless or there are other options of weapons of perks which are far superior to the rest of the content in the game.

Map variation is OK, there are a lot of them and you certainly will find a couple which perfectly suit your style or preference.

Graphics? Nothing too special, even though Shanghai tower falling looks really cool.

Gameplay and stability? If you look back at the launch state, this game was absolute crap, as I was spending on average 10-15 minutes looking for the server which was not crashing. Moreover, **** net code was adding fuel to the flame confirming that EA pretty much does not care about quality of the product at the release state.

As I am writing this review now most of the issues were fixed and there are loads of people playing this game, as it is far more attractive than BF Hardline and most of the people are tired of BF 3.

So, If I was writing this review in 2013, I would give 1-3 just because how bad this game was, but after 2 years passed even bunch of crappy programers could manage fixing big issues, therefore leaving BF 4 at OK state, still with problems like reload bug and unbalanced weapons present.
  34. Jul 25, 2015
    Bringing large server populations and vehicles and large maps and squad play into a game has been a good formula for the battlefield series. The level/building destruction is nice but as it plays out in the gameplay mechanics is still not a main feature and offers mostly cinematic value. Where as if someone was hiding behind a wall from your tank in the pre-destruction battlefield gamesBringing large server populations and vehicles and large maps and squad play into a game has been a good formula for the battlefield series. The level/building destruction is nice but as it plays out in the gameplay mechanics is still not a main feature and offers mostly cinematic value. Where as if someone was hiding behind a wall from your tank in the pre-destruction battlefield games the only difference now is that they will have to hide further back or retreat behind another wall or object to gain protection. In a way this is balancing, but it still feels like there's not much point to leveling a building in BF 4.

When it came out this game was a non functioning POS and even when it did function the servers would only update the clients 10 times a second which as it turns out is the worst thing you could do to a visceral FPS experience. EA titles should always be approached with caution knowing that their first priority is revenue and having a decent (or functioning) gaming experience is NOT a priority at all. The only reason it got fixed is because nobody would have bought their subsequent battlefield games if their last one was still broken 2 years after release.

That said... today battlefield 4 is a polished functional and GOOD experience. The formula has been mostly graphically upgraded from BF 3 but the formula remains true. Unfortunately there has really not been enough innovation in modern mainstream video games to render this obsolete.

So if you're looking for a FPS that involves large numbers of troops fighting as infantry and in vehicles, on good maps, includes some creative strategic thinking, with great graphics, and offers squad play as it's key dynamic its hard to go wrong with battlefield 4.

The only thing to take note of is that you will encounter in almost any game, players who use cheats to see positions of other players. This is not the same as using the minimap. The most common type shows boxes around each enemy even behind walls and across the map. It is extremely obvious who these players are and often nothing is done about it. Because of this, I'm giving this game 1 point lower of a score. It cannot be overlooked however in the end it is not gamebreaking.
  35. Jul 17, 2015
    Ok, first I played this game from the time of its release 2013, until now 2015.
    And I have to say, they changed a lot,
    not only the gameplay itself, also they added the so called CTE(Community Test Environment) and they added new night maps and are in development for other free maps, which are remakes from the older Battlefield's(the community could decide which ones). The
    Ok, first I played this game from the time of its release 2013, until now 2015.
    And I have to say, they changed a lot,

The singleplayer is.. Not good.. No, not only "Not good" it's like.. Did you ever wondered how leukemia would taste like if it is a food? Yeah, sounds accurate.

In 2013 it was a Battlefield 3.5 more or less, I have to admit that, it had bugs, like a lot of bugs, like wow, so many bugs.
    The netcode was just laughable, the only good things were the gunplay, the designs, the animations(although they could add some new levelution animations, because the current ones are getting annoying) and that's it.
    Most of those problems may be because of its early release, but now after almost 2 years later the game plays completely different.
    (I still hate the unlock system and the **** ship-trash, but atleast they offer you something for your money, 4 new maps, new weapons, new gamemodes and now after the release the whole thing is a lot of cheaper, and definetely worth it).

They overworked the netcode, now it has a better netcode than any CS, which was always praised for its Netcode, 60Hz servers are now common(at least in CTE).
    A lot of patches overworked the bugs and missing gameplay features and unbalanced weapons.

Everything has been overworked, even the loading times, which annoy some people as it seems.
    (Don't join a full server, or get rid off your bad Internet).

The unlock system is still bad and I hate it, but it's a modern multiplayer game and sadly it's common to do that in such games.

They are still developing a lot of new content, apologizing for its bad release.
    DICE LA is trying hard to get the best experience out of this game and the managed it, now (2015) it's awesome and one of the best multiplayer games and Battlefield's of all time.

I hate like 90% of the community, but that's irrelevant for you.
  36. Jun 22, 2015
    Although accompanying many bugs and balancing issues, this is still one of my favorite FPS games so far. The game has been so popular that there are still updates, patches, and DLC coming out.
  37. Jun 3, 2015
    1942, BF2, BC1, BC2, BF3. This is the last of my cash DICE will ever get to see.

Single campaign (hello CoD) is a joke, that ends in (spoiler alert) deciding which one of your squad to send on a suicide run. And whats the best thing? Kill all of them once because for each different dead buddy you'll unlock a new weapon. I don't think I have ever seen something this tasteless in a AAA game. You see, when you pull stunts like that in GTA at least noone claims it is a good thing. I don't care for having a SP campaign so I don't care if it is good or not. What I do care about is when those resources are so obviously needed to finish and fix the part of the game that actually matters.

Even now, after all the patching and fixing it is still easily the low point in the series and for DICE. I bought Battlefield 1942 on release. The only game I did not play intensively in the series is Vietnam.

To put it short: the game has a netcode (basically the underlying data highway of the game) that still cannot handle what is going on on the server. You'll die long before the game actually tells you that you are being shot at. In addition to that DICE had to reduce fire rates of weapons and damage outputs simply to mascarade the problem. Pathetic.

Next: not a single map is systematical or well designed for ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. It is either a clusterf*ck of objects where a camper hides every 10 yards or there is no cover at all for infantery for 1000 yards. Nothing in between. You will find no classics like Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, the Aftermath Pack or Sharqi Peninsula here. There are no lanes, no tactical gameplay. Because even if you try to do so, one stupid press of "Q" by an enemy and you are marked on the minimap for the next 15 secs. So much for realism, community. Tons of idiots will tell you the maps have realistic design. But that does not make for fun gameplay. If I want a realistic experience, I'll play Insurgency, Verdun or maybe ARMA.

A bunch of gadgedts are so out of place and unbalanced you'll want to punch your screen. Have fun getting killed by people across the map flying some toy remote airplanes with C4 on them. FUN!

What happened here is EA (I presume) decided to integrate the CoD (and actually Halo - superweapons) formula into BF to get those brands slowly and surely of the market. What the managed by doing so is utterly blur and wash out what was once a great series. I've put nearly 300hrs into this game since launch and uninstalled 4 times out of pure frustration.
  38. May 26, 2015
    For me this is the best game in the series. I compared with BFBC2 and BF3. The game just disgusting even after many patches. The feel of the MP gameplay is very bad. I do not trust DICE.
  39. May 24, 2015
    Story: You play as Sgt. Daniel "Reck" Recker--leader of the US Marine squad, Tombstone. With US and Russian conflicts at an all-time high due to the events of BF3--and with China on the verge on siding with the Russians due to the assassination of their leader being blamed on the US--it's up to you and your squad mates to help prevent war from breaking out. As a story, it's not that bad.Story: You play as Sgt. Daniel "Reck" Recker--leader of the US Marine squad, Tombstone. With US and Russian conflicts at an all-time high due to the events of BF3--and with China on the verge on siding with the Russians due to the assassination of their leader being blamed on the US--it's up to you and your squad mates to help prevent war from breaking out. As a story, it's not that bad. The voice acting is once again great; the characters are slightly better and more memorable this time around compared to BF3; and the settings are still nice and varied. Unfortunately, you're still a boring silent protagonist with no personality. Overall, the campaign is better than BF3, but it could still be improved upon. 6/10

Gameplay: The shooting remains largely the same as in BF3 (although with no stupid panic-knifing enemies), but with the added addition of squad gameplay. Since you lead Tombstone squad, you can spot enemies for them to shoot, and have them enter vehicles and fight with you. You can also change what weapons and gadgets you use in the campaign to suit your play-style. All of the improvements are nice, but the gameplay is still largely the same as before. 6/10

Graphics: In short, the graphics are everything that made BF3 gorgeous, but made even better and without the annoying blue tint. Although, the vehicle collision and character models can still be better. 9/10

Sound: DICE is excellent at creating realistic sound designs in their BF games. The sound here is everything from BF3, but once again, made even better. Simple as that. 10/10

Multiplayer: Unfortunately, the MP here is disappointing when compared to BF3, and it's not because of its launch issues. For starters, the 4 infantry classes from BF3 return with some tweaks made to their arsenal. One big new feature is "Levolution"--a mostly gimmicky feature where each map has a scripted large-scale destruction sequence (like a building collapsing) caused by player action, and it only affects one part of the map. There are also an abundant amount of vehicles--land, air, and sea--to use from with improved unlock orders; Commander mode--a mode where 1 person steps away from the battlefield and gives orders to all squads on a team in hopes of leading them to victory--returns from BF2 with a few new features that might be considered balance issues like highlighting areas with radar; Assignments--challenges from BF3 that rewarded you with guns and customization items--are also available to add more replay value to the game; the suppression was balanced; and there are still a plethora of gadgets to use. There's a lot to like about BF4, but there are also some MAJOR flaws in its system. The game does have 10 maps, but these maps aren't as fun as 3 and often feature plenty of camping spots like the rooftops of buildings where the only way you can get up there is usually with a helicopter; but even then, you'll probably have to deal with a few squads of campers which might lead to a death. Outside of conquest, these maps mostly SUCK for other modes like Deathmatches or Rush. And speaking of modes, there is a lack of new game modes here. Besides Conquest, Rush, Deathmatches, and Domination (rip-off of CoD's domination mode), there are only 2 new ones, and both flopped. There's Defuse--BF4's attempted response to CoD's Search and Destroy mode that failed--and Obliteration--a "CoD Sabatage-style" mode with 3 bombs on both sides that flops because of the large map size, and the limitation of only 1 bomb carrier; so if you spawn far away from him, the mode becomes a running simulator since you'll have to get up to where the action's happening. The counter-knife system--where if you knife a guy in the front, a QTE pops up--sucks, but 4's BIGGEST sin is it's progression system. For starters, there are an excessive amount of guns to choose from, and while it's good for allowing more customization for the player, there's so many guns that they all start to feel the same. Why would I need 9 different sniper rifles if they all perform the same? It's like DICE copied and pasted several gun stats and merely changed the looks. And unlike BF3, you DON'T unlock guns by progressing your class as the 2 are separate. This means you HAVE to get kills with that gun class in order to unlock more guns. With all classes that have the last gun at somewhere in-between 48K-83K, you would need HUNDREDS of gun kills and assists in order to progress. This is all on top of that same stupid attachment progression system from 3. There are also Battlepacks--packs of random loot from attachments to XP boosts--that are very much unnecessary and almost pay-to-win due to the awful progression system. This game, essentially, is a major GRIND-FEST that only gets fun once you have everything you wanted unlocked, and good luck with that. 6/10

Verdict: The game had promise, but with a grind-y progression system, and maps that only work for Conquest, Conquestfield 4 disappoints.

Rating: 6/10
  40. May 12, 2015
    LOVE THIS GAME
    played for +300hours, incredible maps, guns, equipments, vehicles, kills all together with levolution and huge maps, all the dlcs worth the money,everytihng is new and the graphics + the jogability = the best game from this decade
  41. RSG
    Apr 30, 2015
    The best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. AndThe best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. And the mistake is launching both games before they were finished, just to compete with (let's not say CoD) other titles releasing at the same time. But after year and a half, the game is finally what it should've been at the launch. And that is the best Multiplayer experience you'll ever have, Expand
  42. Apr 16, 2015
    Campaign mode is unplayable, full of bugs, it suddenly crashes the game, and it is 20 GB of size on disk Pathetic. I´m now stuck on the same level because the game does not know how to recover, even if i restart the game.
  43. Apr 4, 2015
    do not buy !!! very poor re spawn policy . Magnum bullets don't have any special effect you cannot turn off the morons easily who insist you listen to their music and their kids in the background. And the enemy spawn right behind you
  44. Apr 3, 2015
    only thing I know of that game and has many bugs installed this game when I started playing password asked to play but I had not wanted eai not provide password scrotum game
  45. Mar 30, 2015
    Crashes regularly after 2 years of patches. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  46. Mar 12, 2015
    One of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
    This isn't something I say lightly, as I've been a fan of this series and of DICE since Battlefield 2.
    This has to be their worst offering yet. The maps have no flow and it is entirely impossible to predict where your enemy will come from. No matter how quick you are with your gun, if the enemy always shows up
    One of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
    This has to be their worst offering yet.

No matter how quick you are with your gun, if the enemy always shows up behind you there is no tactical element to speak of.
    In Battlefield 3, the previous game in the series, even losing a match was a lot of fun.
    In Battlefield 4, there is not a minute of enjoyment to be had, win or lose.

The specialization mechanic is frustrating, causing you to have too little ammo until you reach the mandatory number of squad paddy cakes.
    Because the upgrade paths are already set, there is no way to have both extra rockets and extra ammo for the engineer class, causing you to either run out of your ability to defeat tanks or run out of your ability to fight infantry.
    The gadgets are designed to be frustrating and involve no tactics or skills.
    The UCAV in particular comes to mind.

Do not pick up this game.
    I would go even further and suggest that you should not buy any more games designed by DICE until they've proven themselves to be worth the money and your trust.
    The trajectory of DICE shown by Battlefield 4 is a truly unfortunate one indeed.
  47. Mar 5, 2015
    What a horribly buggy piece of ****.

- Bugs galore
    - Hackers that never seem to get banned
    - Netcode that gets worse after each patch
    - Crashes all the time
  48. Mar 3, 2015
    After a year of patchs it is now in a place as it should have been when the game was released. I would recommend this game now as it is in a good place but I am very bitter it took over a year to do. I would not advise anyone to buy games from EA until reviews come out for the game you're interested in.
  49. Mar 3, 2015
    They have finally released the winter patch. It does improve alot of things but this is OVER A YEAR to fix these issues that they've since launch. I still would not buy Battlefield 4. Save your money or go buy a more solid shooter like Rising Storm or many of the other Fps's on the market.
  50. Feb 27, 2015
    I turned to Battlefield 4 because I am tired of the COD **** then I found it is even worse than COD !!!... The single player campaign task designs are so bad.. no Bots to play before I can join in Multiplayer.. how can I practice??? I will never buy any battlefield again. I played battlefield 3 before, it was slightly better than this latest crap.
  51. Feb 15, 2015
    None of the top critic reviewers really had to balls to mark this game down to something which is a bit more reflective of the state of the game. yes when it works it is good, but you can't keep awarding high scores to games which are just plain broken. it really does seem like the creators of this game are taking the piss charging this sort of price and then having the cheek to get theirNone of the top critic reviewers really had to balls to mark this game down to something which is a bit more reflective of the state of the game. yes when it works it is good, but you can't keep awarding high scores to games which are just plain broken. it really does seem like the creators of this game are taking the piss charging this sort of price and then having the cheek to get their players to buy dlc when the game isn't even fixed. its a sad reflection of where we are right now with videogames, someone has to make a point and take a stand because with the way things are going right now if you keep rewarding games with high marks that aren't in a state to even be released then the industry will never get better! i'm looking at you ign, gamespot and destructoid! stop giving these broken games so much credit! because if you do then what happens, people buy it regardless of the faults it has and it encourages similar behaviour within the industry, suddenly everyone thinks "hey its ok to release a game that really isn't finished properly because that triple A game did and it still got high marks". and what happens with games with high marks? they sell well and nothing changes.
    I know this game is all about multi player but someone should really address just how bad the campaign was, it was a woefully bad experience! it was like watching one of the worst movies you've ever seen.
    the single player campaign could have done with much more work. and again, this is something that most reviewers just don't care to mark down, like this part of the game never exists. its still a component of the game, even if most people buy it for the multiplayer the solo side should still have a large amount of consideration. when you add these two bad gameplay experiences together it should impact the overall score significantly enough to drop it down from good to average.
    i'm not going to give this something ridiculous like 0 because it has merits and there are a lot of good things that reviewers did pick up on and that I agree with but I am giving this a lower score than what the average critics gave it as I think thats correct and fair in light of its flaws.
    I seriously hope they fired the people responsible for dragging this game down and employ some people who can do the job properly to work on hardline. if hardline is anything like this then make a point of NOT buying it. they've got to win people back by showing they are capable of providing a gaming experience that is worth your money.
  52. Feb 14, 2015
    So i bought this game very late right when Hardline was announced. I figured by now with Hardline around the corner and all the expansions released that all the bugs would have been addressed, but this turn out to be a false assumption.

One thing I did like right off the bat is the amount of customization available to players. i really enjoyed this from camos, to emblems, however the fun is only half enjoyable as half of the goodies are locked via battlepacks which simple is a extra grind and another cash grab for EA.

What was horrible to be is the fact there is still bugs present in the game, though they are random and hard to replicate in most cases they do exist. Sometimes I even wonder if my strange death was due to a players skill or simply a bug.

The guns, though have a new flavor to them, I really felt over all disappointed in the fact all the guns were generally poor in handling leaving a select few guns everyone uses... 416, M60, AWS, SRR61, ACE 23... Vehicle combat thought added new customizations once again most dont have any advantages, leaving players once again to pick the same load outs. I tried to like this game I really did, but after a month i felt I have seen enough to dislike this battlefield installment.
    Lastly BF4 just like BC2 has become a Recon/Snipers play ground. Half of everyones team are recons, to counter a recon you need another recon and the slippery slope continues. If you attack... sniped, if you defend... sniped.. if you snipe... eventually you get sniped. I'd honestly would rather go back to the M320 spam of BF3... and I have.
  53. Feb 11, 2015
    Excellent graphics, gameplay and sound works well with my 360 controller also. Dropped my texture settings down to medium on my old GTX 570 and it churns along nicely - sp 8/10 mp 9/10
  54. Jan 29, 2015
    Game is laggy and still crashes for me almost 2 years after, i bought it at launch. it's just not worth listening to the **** dubstep everytime I load into a game. play battlefield 3 or bad company 2 if u want to actually have fun
  55. Jan 24, 2015
    What can i say. i was booted from a single player game because my internet connection went down. are you having a laugh EA. SINGLE player. even if you are collecting data and metrics don't boot me because my connection went down. I wonder if they realise that the internet does not equal test LAN servers they operate in there dev studio.
  56. Jan 24, 2015
    So Here My Break Down for BF4

Story:5/10 In BF4 Your job would be much more difficult if the evil Russian and Chinese soldiers has learned a modicum of tactical awareness. But maybe the ease of which you pick them off and sneak by them is on purpose. They swarm as if they were pins at the end of a bowling ball lane, next to combustive barrels, no less. You create a wall of bullets and
    So Here My Break Down for BF4

Story:5/10
    In BF4 Your job would be much more difficult if the evil Russian and Chinese soldiers has learned a modicum of tactical awareness. But maybe the ease of which you pick them off and sneak by them is on purpose. They swarm as if they were pins at the end of a bowling ball lane, next to combustive barrels, no less. You create a wall of bullets and they keep walking into it, as if they were simply the catalysts for your explosive creations.But Sadly Campaign So Short And Uninteresting Like BF3 With Problem With AI Issue.

Multiplayer 7/10
    Like BF3 This Thing Is a Selling Points Even without the 64-player count, the fact that every mode in BF4 has more players means there are more enemies for you to shoot at, more people to heal, and resupply you – and probably the most important part: people squatting on vehicles won’t bog down a match to molasses.

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics In BF4 Blow My Mind Gameplay and graphics are both beautiful and Sound So Realistic Even On Low-PC Gaming Spec

Performance 6/10 (5.5 If Possible)
    Unfortunately,the most annoying and nasty issue that lots of players have been harping on about – and with good reason – is the game just not working as intended. By this, I mean, the big “Battlefield 4 Has Stop Working” crash that will boot you out of the game completely. Another issue related to this is Sever Crashing, booting you out of matches for no good reason, and the occasional Unbalanced Gameplay,Overpowered Weapon and Netcode Issue Mostly On PC.

Final Verdict : 7.3/10
    The BF4 Is a My Great Shooters Of all Time Unfortunately With All Problem In BF4 As BF Hatred Bandwagon Grow Stronger In Fact DICE have thrown the game out into the public with a lot of broken strings that after 1 Years and 3 months after release DICE LA has fixed Most Problem it in the newest update. They really do their job well and are saving BF4 from being a buggy unbalanced disaster That Only Time Will Tells Fate of BF.
  57. Jan 21, 2015
    I have played this game and it is very buggy. Random FPS spikes and weird glitches. I only played this game for multiplayer. I experience the long loading screens which takes somewhere around 1-3 mins. The worst part is the game breaking glitch which is when you join a match it disconnects you. You have to connect to the server 2-5 times in order to join a game. There is no fix for thisI have played this game and it is very buggy. Random FPS spikes and weird glitches. I only played this game for multiplayer. I experience the long loading screens which takes somewhere around 1-3 mins. The worst part is the game breaking glitch which is when you join a match it disconnects you. You have to connect to the server 2-5 times in order to join a game. There is no fix for this bug. I recommend to not expect a good time when playing this game on pc. Expand
  58. Jan 16, 2015
    This is the worst multiplayer FPS game I have ever played. Gameplay is just random, arcade-ish, buggy as hell (even in 2015), has bad netcode, full of hackers, bad maps = DICE. Need to say more?
  59. Jan 11, 2015
    The multiplayer of BF4 is as of jan 2015 still plagued by a netcode that can only be described as 'broken', the experience can be summed by haphazard hit-detection issues and recurring 'lag like' spikes even as ping and latency to server is in the green. All in all Battlefield 4 still feel like playing a beta rather than a finished product.

The singleplayer segment is a 'looking trough

The singleplayer segment is a 'looking trough a shoebox' experience with a abysmal fov locked at 55.
  60. Jan 4, 2015
    An incoherent mess of a game.

The Good: Graphics (when on high) The bad: Everything else Spawn system: Enemies materialize off on their squad leaders when being engaged. Enemies materialize on points under capture at random areas. Enemies spawn out of the sky from choppers and fall down onto points. There is no semblance of a frontline. Enemies can be anywhere at any time very
    An incoherent mess of a game.

The Good: Graphics (when on high)

The bad: Everything else

Spawn system: Enemies materialize off on their squad leaders when being engaged. Enemies materialize on points under capture at random areas. Enemies spawn out of the sky from choppers and fall down onto points. There is no semblance of a frontline. Enemies can be anywhere at any time very easily.

Unlocks: Right off the bat you'll be playing against experienced players with access to better weapons and vehicle perks that completely dominate over the base guns/vehicle loadouts. Want to compete? Either be fodder for a few weeks and level up or pay to win by buying unlocks outright. Merit counts for very little in this game. It doesn't matter if you are an experienced, team oriented FPS gamer with a working microphone and a will to work with other players.... it counts for nothing in this game.

Maps: Small. Lots of geometry which makes it difficult to spot enemies on the lower non anti-aliased detail settings. No real choke points. Lots of maps with many stupid high sniper points which basically ensures that you will often get killed from very high unexpected. Due to the spawn system, and the large number of entrances on every capture point, you'll have enemies coming at you from every direction and there is little you can do to play defensively to hold a point. It's Unreal Tournament deathmatch with capture points.

Vehicles: All vehicles feel weak and underpowered without the unlocks. The way the choppers fly is a definite downgrade from BF2. Not agile one bit. Planes dominate and spawn frequently.

Damage system: Baffling... to say the least. Once again unlocks have far better handling than the default weapons and are overall more effective. Guns seem to either be grossly overpowered or underpowered.

As an original fan of the BF1942 and BF2, I find this game to be truly a piece of crap. It is an insufferable cash-grab. It has turned a once merit-driven team-based FPS into a pay-to-win clusterfu__ sh__fest with absolutely no redemable qualities. The type of game design you would expect to see on a free-to-play cell phone game and not on a $50 game that requires an expensive machine to play.

Utter... complete... sh**. A disgrace to the team-based FPS genre. Par the course for EA Games published title.
  61. Jan 2, 2015
    تخمی ترین شوتر عمرم این بتلفیلد 4 داستانش بدرد shaun the sheep میخوره مرحله هاش تنوعش فوق العاده کمه همه بازی یه چیزه فقط انلاینش بدرد میخوره بقیش به گرد پا نسخه قبلیش نمیرسه worst shooter in all time
  62. Dec 29, 2014
    Only good thing about this game is nothing really..
    **** balance,Terrible maps (DLC maps too) Terrible weapons
    Most gadgets are useless,Rush is a joke,Unstable EA servers and netcode,, oh boy that netcode It has to be the worst netcode in the history of gaming.You make 30 damage to tanks with grenades but you only do 25 damage to tanks with mines.Levolution is just badly scripted
    Only good thing about this game is nothing really..
    **** balance,Terrible maps (DLC maps too) Terrible weapons
    the worst netcode in the history of gaming.You make 30 damage to tanks with grenades but you only do 25 damage to tanks with mines.Levolution is just badly scripted building that falls and ruins the map.You
    can't even kill infantry with zuni rockets or damage tanks,ifv with active radar missiles.There are still
    few bugs and glitches after millions of patches and fixes.Community is worse than League of Legends community.Most admins are **** that kick you for stupid reasons.
    I thought Battlefield games are supposed to be mix between reality and arcade but I guess I was wrong.
    And graphics are just less blue I can't really see much difference with BF3
    Battlefield is dead for me GG Dice GG..
  63. Dec 20, 2014
    It's sad how this fantastic game gets bad reviews. The community here is full of haters who don't know their game and keep claiming that every BF game after BF2 is bad.

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs". BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs. BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1. BFBC1 is bad

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs".
    BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs.
    BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1.
    BFBC1 is bad because it's only for consoles.
    BF2142 isn't as good as 2.
    BF2 is the best BF.
    Seriously, this is ridiculous. I will go as far as saying BF4 is the best BF yet, as it is currently clean of bugs, but still receiving updates for balancing issues, which are mostly fixed now. BF4 was, at the start, completely unplayable, but is now 100% functioning, and now they've balanced out the weapons and vehicles, and this is all because of a hard-working team called DICE LA-they're in fact the most supportive/active developers I've ever seen. In fact, if I read a new forum post or watch a new Lvlcap video about balancing issues, a week later, DICE LA has fixed it in the newest update, which makes me think that they check absolutely every corner of BF4 hate on the internet. They really do their job well and are saving BF4 from being a buggy unbalanced disaster
    Sure, BF4 has had the worst launch of any BF game, but it sure is one of the best multiplayer FPS out there now (If not THE best). It's a game that improved on everything amazing BF3 did wrong, and sure put every CoD game ever made to shame.
  64. Dec 17, 2014
    Yes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplayYes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplay is perfect (it's hard and rewarding). Expand
  65. Dec 14, 2014
    Campaign: Nice but completely unecessary add-on for BF4. In every location you have to kill every enemy just to move forward. This make this game campaign almost unplayable, i was discusted after 2 missions. No More of BF single-players please.
  66. Dec 13, 2014
    This took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without aThis took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without a support, you wont do jack... The map design is terrible, as well. Has some neat little features but its still a bad design. Rush mode is still as bad as it was in bf3... They took a mode that was fun and great in bad company 2 and completely screwed it up. Having to unlock guns and accessories makes the game very unfriendly towards newbies, even veterans of the battlefield franchise. The premium edition... dont get me started... You pay extra for perks like... moving to the front of the queue, for full servers... Its a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. This game is a joke, ever since they codified it they killed off the fun factor of the game... They need to go back to the old system and remake bf2 and 2142 with better graphics, but the same gameplay as before... Too bad, this game should be great, looks great, but the mechanics are just terrible... Expand
  67. Dec 11, 2014
    DICE stuck to their roots with Battlefield 4. The game felt like a pretty fresh experience, at least for an FPS, that was until I realised how unfinished the game is.

First, this game is flawed. The gameplay is good, the maps are very hit and miss, but generally very enjoyable and the graphics are very nice. However, DICE have thrown the game out into the public with a lot of broken strings that, even after 14 months after release, still haven't bothered to fix. Instead, they decide to waste time whining on how EA robbed them while releasing mediocre DLC's that most people do not care for. This game is technically good and my negative views on it may be seen as nit-picking, but trust me, it is not. Many times I have had to give up playing due to problems that have overly complicated fixes that numerous purchasers have become victim to.

Despite this, the game is pretty much everything it looks on the outside. Its your typical addicting, eye candy military shooter. I admit that I didn't play the campaign but after Battlefield 3 it was clear where the ambition was, which is the multiplayer. If you know anything about modern FPS game's you probably know how the successful Battlefield formula works. Each map has typically about 32 to 64 slots, depending on the gamemode. The most popular gamemode is the conquest gamemode where two opposing sides must hold as different points of the map as they can to decrease the amount of tickets lost, the first team to reach 0 tickets loses. The maps are large and look stunning. As previously mentioned the map designs are very hit and miss. Some maps are very well designed, such as the brilliant Siege of Shanghai, a typical city map separated by the incredibly large and well designed skyscraper in the middle. This maps standouts out as it accomplishes the feeling of challenge when trying to capture or defend each point, all of which are very well designed. However, even this map if flawed after the skycraper falls as a 'levelution' which definitely was a poor design choice. The desert/warehouse setting of Zavod is also an excellent map which held some of my most intense and fondest moments of playing these games. These aside, BF4 suffers from a lot of poor map design, ranging from the messy and incomplete Hainan Resort to the claustrophobic and dull Operation Locker. The maps really don't balance out and the brilliant maps do not make up for the embarrassingly shocking ones.

The new content is also limited. Not much feels new, this may be a bit unfair since I did not play Battlefield 3 that much, but I felt as though I wasn't getting my $90 worth playing it. This point feels a bit unfair as it's pretty much what's expected for a sequel to a successful multiplayer FPS but its jump from its predecessor feels small compared to what BF3 did from BF2.

As negative as this review may feel, I actually had quite a blast playing this game. It definitely won't a game I see myself coming back to in the near future but it served it purpose well in delivery a fast paced, gorgeous FPS that I can see fans enjoying. For me however, the games bugs and numerous problems make the game more frustrating than it should be.
  68. Dec 10, 2014
    Battlefield takes the crown as the worst multiplayer FPS I've ever played.
    Netcode is absolutely abysmal, the bullets seem to travel through time, you can often feel like you got killed before your enemy even saw you. and the gameplay is terrible, the whole thing looks like rabbits running and hoping around with guns.
  69. Dec 7, 2014
    BF4 is basically a patch for the previous game - nothing innovative here. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent as before, even on low-end rigs
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying experience with good sound effects
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - stuttering, lag, and crashes

Overall, average game.
  70. Dec 6, 2014
    No Capture the Flag mode by default :( Only with paid DLC can you get Capture the Flag, and this is the most fun mode in my opinion. Good game, taxing on computer so is a little laggy. In general, hard game I die quite a bit. Hard to get into on multiplayer, bleh will move to Guild Wars 2
  71. Dec 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Pros:
    As of Dec '14, BF4 is mostly playable. Tickrate is low and there's still remnant bugs, but that's to be expected in ambitious titles like these. Undoubtedly this game has the best sound design in the gaming industry; props to DICE for hiring great sound engineers. Sound is 50% of a game and not many developers realize that. Overall, I think DICE found sweet spot between military-sim Arma and CoD.

Cons:
    Rocky launch probably drove away lots of paying customers. Major issues took way too long to fix. Vehicles feel a tad too arcadey.
  72. Nov 28, 2014
    buyer beware possibly the worst FPS game of all time this game single handly ruined battlefield franchise don't believe the hype Ea pays for reviews.This should have been a DLC of battlefield 3 its a copy paste of it highly regret buying.
  73. Nov 26, 2014
    You could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour aYou could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour a steer clear of this game. Expand
  74. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a very good game, just don't bother with any of the expansions/dlcs which no one plays 1-2 months after release. If you only want to play Conquest mode on the stock maps then go ahead and get this game, though 1-2 years from now (fall 2014) you will only be able to find a dozen servers running.
  75. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. ItThis game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. It was bearable by all means but compared to BF3 or even Call of Duty, it falls horribly short. I found myself pushing my way through it just for the gamerscore. Moving on, the multiplayer was a big improvement. Not huge - but big enough to give it a new feel. The larger, more open maps made the game better. The weapons and customization options were pretty good but it still feels the same. The gameplay didn't take too much of a step forward. Still, overall its a fun game and people should still be playing it a lot for now. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2014
    Alright so I've played this game over half a year now and I'd like to share my pro's and con's with you.
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Pro's: Improved graphical fidelity More destructive terrain More weapon customisation Cool phantom achivements Improved movement on foot Faster combat Lot's of game modes Con's : Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Improved movement on foot
    Faster combat
    Lot's of game modes

Con's :
    Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest
    Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    Ground suppression is way too high
    Ballistic shield and other gadgets are really weak
    Vehicle collision is really really bad
  77. Nov 12, 2014
    Tanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this gameTanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this game is a definite exercise in WTF game design. It is as if the intentionally made it unfun. Note to game designers: try to remember what fun is like, then make a game with that in mind. Expand
  78. Nov 11, 2014
    Gameplay (of 10) : 8
    Story (of 10) : 6
    Graphic (of 10) : 9
    Sound (of 10) : 8

Total : 7.6 / 10

Total score is weighted average of four factors, respectively Gameplay, Story, Graphic, Sound.
  79. Nov 10, 2014
    AWESOME Graphics. short but good singleplayer. multiplayer is awesome. controls are VERY responsive ! and the gameplay feels like your really there but there's few problems also. glitches and A LOT of time waiting for a loading screen. anooying but i can forgive
  80. Nov 10, 2014
    Great multiplayer. Poor Short campaign. Stunning visuals and graphic. The sound is great and realistic. You can experience huge battles in great BF multiplayer. the biggest problem of the game is bug.
  81. Nov 7, 2014
    Revising my initial review after the latest patch. The movement and weapon handling are much better. Still issues with hit reg but not nearly as bad.

The maps are probably the biggest issue for me, they just don't flow as well as previous games. However BF4 is a good game in many ways. Suggestions for future releases: 1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available,

Suggestions for future releases:
    1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available, community favourites.
    2. Allow the music to be turned off please! It's depressing.
  82. Nov 6, 2014
    I have been playing this game for 5 hours. The game is extremely unfriendly for new players in multiplayer getting constantly killed each time you spawn. Moreover, I can not see any significant improvements since BF3. For that reason, I fully agree with other reviews that this game should be released as a DLC for BF3 or just named BF 3.5.
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of commander mode. However, I need to achieve level 10 to unlock this feature. It's a torture for me.
  83. Nov 1, 2014
    I created a profile just to review this game. I doubt this review will be read, but honestly writing it just feels like the right thing to do in case I can save anyone out there hard earned money.

Just know that yes, this is a pretty good game. I do not have the experience with the series that many do have, but to me the game is pretty to look at, has great shooting and driving mechanics, and a fantastically grandiose setting. However, I do not feel that I can give the game anything other than a zero because for me it is simply not playable at any graphics settings.

I want to like this game because of the huge spectacular battles. The destructible environments and large maps really provide great eye candy. However, if you are playing on a large server and actually want to join the fray, you will quickly find yourself getting stuck in place repeatedly (rubber banding), and the game will basically become your own personal suicide simulator 2014. These issues are further exacerbated when you are in the middle of a firefight; however they remain if you are far away from the fighting.

I initially believed that this was simply due to my computer or internet for whatever reason, but a quick internet search will immediately show that not only are my issues not an isolated incident but also that they have been in existence and unsolved for over a year now. Many generous individuals have provided possible fixes online, but none of them have worked for me.

If you think you are better at solving computer issues than me, you may very well be correct. Just know that I have spent more hours trying to fix this game than actually playing it (if you could call it that.) I have tried everything from installing on an ssd to smart port forwarding. But still even when I have extremely low ping and join a local server with low ping, I find myself glitching my way across the map like an idiot.

If you buy this game, know the risk you are taking. It simply doesn't work for many people such as myself. You will get a lot of people on these review sites denying that this is even happening, but even Dice has admitted there is a problem.

If you think I am full of it it is your right to have that opinion, and I will defend that right with my life. But it is your hard earned money on the line. And speaking of money, the DLC for this game is out of control. If you want to be able to play any map on any server you will have to spend $70 (in my location). When the game is on sale. For a game that is a year old. For a game that does not work.

Note: I was around for the release of Rome 2, and I never considered even that game "unplayable" if you need some kind of scale to understand how broken this game is to me.
  84. Oct 20, 2014
    The game sadly still has problems after just over a year of release. It looks great and when its actually playable (when bugs dont crash your system) its really enjoyable. Sadly EA forced Dice to release BF4, something damaging to the next releases for the series. Care for your customer first then profits.
  85. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally reviewed favorably when this game came out. However, after a year before they finally fixed the bugs, that was a premature review. I really thought they would have been more diligent in the fixes. As well, since the Expansions are all forced on you and no permission for open modding was ever implemented, I have to revise my original review.
    The expansions are more apt to lag and experience tech problems
    Other Cons are Spawning Locations, Melee Takedowns/Counters, OP Armor/Air, Small squad sizes and limited commander functions/communications and most of all, the Game Modes. In Regular, their is no Friendly Fire, and in Hardcore, the game is unplayable on the expansive maps thanks to snipers being so OP. If you set a server to Custom to tailor the game to your liking, it becomes unplayable due to lag. If you have a Ranked server, you will not populate as fast as an Official server, but if you are an Official server you cannot Admin to maintain fair play or customize a map rotation. Unfortunately, none of these issues were ever addressed or fixed.
  86. Oct 8, 2014
    Where to start... I'll start with the good features of battlefield: 64 player multi-player, good weapon customization, and platoon based clans / large player grouped communities.

Here is what they got wrong: They pushed the game out in an unfinished state back in October of 2013; ever since then it's just been one giant beta test (funny story, they already did a beta test before releasing the game) to try to get the game in somewhat decent condition. It's been a full year now since the release of the game, and they managed to fix "some" of the bugs and glitches. (For some reason, they also had their Battlepack micro transactions perfectly intact during launch, but the game was broken). The single player campaign is a joke, as it's only purpose is showing off the features of the game's features and capabilities, rather than gameplay. A great example of this is with the 3rd mission "South China Sea", you enter the remains of an aircraft carrier to find a data stick. during the mission, you have to go under water to get to another area of the mission. This segment had no effect on the gameplay or story, but only served to show off the underwater physics and effects. As of October 8th, 2014, they have release nearly all of their dlc; so I might as well review those pieces of content as well.

China Rising: This dlc is OK, as it provided maps that appealed to all the classes in the game. However, the "Levelutions" are missing from these maps; they either rushed this expansion out as well, or decided that levelution was just to much for the engine of the game (or to much of a gimmick for anyone to care about).

Second Assault: This is basically a couple of maps from Battlefield 3 that they implemented into Battlefield 4. This map pack is actually pretty good as it added weather "levelutions" to some of the maps and improved on the already well known maps.

Navel Strike: oh my god; what didn't they mess up on this map pack (this is where I started to really have problems with their game). First of all, the weapons in this expansion are either over powered (AWS, AR160), ore are the weakest, most worthless guns in the game (SR338, SW40). Textures would start rendering as i played (on all their maps including vanilla maps), and for some stupid reason, my FPS was throttled down during gameplay (unless i restarted my PC every time I wanted to play BF4). These aren't the only issues I had with this expansion pack; the map designs sound cool (with island warfare and attack boats ), but fails in gameplay. Traversing the maps are a chore if you don't have a boat or an air craft. objectives are easy to hold once you clear the island of enemy players (cause boats and choppers are sky-lined in the big empty water). Also this expansion had the BIG reveal of the mystic Megaladon; honestly, they put more work into a prehistoric shark, than they did fixing their own game.... let that sink in...

Dragon's Teeth: Same as China Rising, but with levelutions.. so it's an OK expansion.

Conclusion: Do I want to play a game that requires me to restart my computer in order to get maximum performance?

Do I want to play a game where the developers put more effort into Easter Eggs and forum events than fixing the game?

Do I want to play a game that's still in beta testing (yes it's still in beta testing, it's called Battlefield CTE. CTE = Community, TEST, Environment)?

The answer is no. I did have high hopes for this game, I really did. However, this game ultimately failed to deliver. DICE should be ashamed of themselves for: 1.) releasing the game in a broken state. 2.) failing to fix the game in a timely manner. For me, Battlefield 4 ruined the reputation of DICE as a development team. I'm sorry DICE, but i'll never play one of your games again, not after what I experienced with BF4.
  87. Oct 5, 2014
    The game is finally fixed. Ignore the reviews saying it is broken, it now all works. My only complaint is that rush was my favourite game mode in BF3 but I just don't like it on BF4. The maps just aren't right for it.
  88. Oct 4, 2014
    I am very disappointing about this game. The game looks like BF3, hasn't killer-features and has a big balance problem. This game was the worst experience with a BF game.
  89. Sep 29, 2014
    This game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy forThis game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy for trailers, after a few hours of playing you don't really notice the "dynamic elements" anymore. Graphics improved slightly but the hardware requirements got a lot higher too. If your PC can run BF3 without any problems you shouldn't think it can run BF4 too. The netcode got even worse than in BF3. You have to play the sp to unlock some of the weapons, which wouldn't be so bad if the developers could program properly. Sometimes the story just doesn't continue and you have to restart the game, sometimes you fall through the ground. It's programmed so badly it's even a pain to start the game because it keeps crashing. I blame EA because they wanted to release to game so early to make some more money. Expand
  90. Sep 27, 2014
    Best FPS ever atm.

Have many issues but there is no better one to counter it.

My main problem with this game that their development is going towards COD.
    ANd thats not good sign.
    They try to take COD market while ignoring their fanbase.
  91. Sep 23, 2014
    On PC, the game is really beautiful!

The bug is corrected , and it became a pleasure to play ! The " evolution " is really well done

And is game immersive and very fun
  92. Sep 22, 2014
    Coming from a long time Battlefield player, simply put, this is the best Battlefield ever made. It had a rough start because of crashing issues, but the actual game play is flat amazing. At this point you can ignore all of the early negativity because it doesn't apply anymore anyway. If you're a battlefield fan on the fence about getting this, its easily worth it. Great game.
  93. Sep 21, 2014
    While the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worstWhile the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worst launch of a Battlefield game to date, at least speaking from personal experience. Expand
  94. Sep 13, 2014
    Is this a joke? Just only big joke. Totally disaster, i like to see little developing not just graphics. Battlefield 2 was a game and i wait it a lot next ones but next ones was only disappointments, just a big jokes with nothing to do good fbs.
  95. Sep 9, 2014
    Having played around 250 hours of BF4 multiplayer, I feel I have a good view of the game.

The Pros: Good choice of weapons Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class Good graphics decent load times Large maps Large map choices The Cons: Netcode is still messed up Some weapons are overpowered. Plenty of bugs even after a year. Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't

The Pros:
    Good choice of weapons
    Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class
    Good graphics
    decent load times
    Large maps
    Large map choices

The Cons:
    Netcode is still messed up
    Some weapons are overpowered.
    Plenty of bugs even after a year.

Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't really comment too much on the Normal version. but I feel that Battlefield 4 is a great first person shooter, that falls a bit short in some areas. Compared to its predecessor, BF3, Battlefield 4 doesn't stand out.
  96. Sep 7, 2014
    With Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayerWith Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayer has map designs that frankly made me wonder if the map designers at DICE were replaced by mentally challenged monkeys for this specific game. The netcode has been, and continues to be, a nightmare that's been unprecedented, not to mention the incredibly crappy balance and spawns. Congratulations, DICE, for making perhaps one of the worst games of the current console generation, and easily the worst Battlefield ever produced. I don't know why people say Hardline isn't fit for the battlefield name and reputation, when it's so obviously this one. Expand
  97. Sep 5, 2014
    The game in theory is good, but the execution, and follow through is horrible. They promised the universe and gave us a rock. The multiplayer is what 99% of the people buy the game for and it's impossible to play competitively. If you're playing around with some friends then it can be fun but serious gamers need to run away.
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix the "netcode" twice now and still horrible. Games from the 90s have better tic rate than this game. 10 tic rate is laughable. Along with the overkill sun glare that blinds you half the game. I would love to have my money back since I paid for a full game and got a broken one instead.
  98. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:
    I wasn't expecting much of the game and now that it's finally available for only 20 bucks (unless you want to get the Deluxe Premium whatever edition) I checked out a Gameplay vid and was like: yea, looks nice, let's give it a shot.
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:

Now - the first 15 minutes of the game look quite promising and atmospheric, and then it starts to get really cheap. And it only gets worse and somewhere along the line you wonder if they simply stopped the SP guys from blowing money on it because most of their money comes from MP DLCs anyway.

Besides that the story is really dull, wasn't expecting much anyway, they really didn't care this time around (compared to BF3) to setup a campaign that is satisfying.
    To me it looks like they started trying to make something nice, and then their budget was cut and they came up with half-assed action sequences... and not even that - you are left to imagine that something fancy just happened because animating the destruction of a dam/ship was too expensive so they just let your character black out.
  99. Aug 24, 2014
    I still remember the old BF1942 that used to actually be fun. Everytime I try to get into this game I just end up closing it. The maps suck and I just dont like it. Please make a game that is fun like in the old days.
  100. Aug 23, 2014
    The only good thing about this game is it's graphics. And graphics counts for nothing if the single player is horrible and the multiplayer is broken and unplayable.
  101. Oct 31, 2013
    EA and Dice released an inexcusable broken product, the game is filled with glitches and bugs that they won't address. I would be fine with the product if they admitted their mistakes however they are just ignoring major problems that affect over 50% of users. The game freezes and crashes on 4 "problem" maps and when they don't crash on the other maps extreme rubber banding occurs asEA and Dice released an inexcusable broken product, the game is filled with glitches and bugs that they won't address. I would be fine with the product if they admitted their mistakes however they are just ignoring major problems that affect over 50% of users. The game freezes and crashes on 4 "problem" maps and when they don't crash on the other maps extreme rubber banding occurs as well audio loss and audio looping that render it unplayable. Completely disgusted by their support and refusal to address the issue, never buying an EA or Dice product again. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.