8.3

1. May 29, 2016
    I was told back in 2011 that this was one of the best games of 2010. So I bought it. Boy, was disappointed to say the least. If this is the best they can do, then the game industry is in a terrible shape when it comes to creativity.

The gameplay is the same crap as it's always been, just run and shoot some people, take cover, reload, shoot, next level. Repeat. And I mean like fine, it's not easy to come up with revolutionary gameplay, so at least make a good story and characters. Nope, the story is crap and none of the characters are memorable. The missions are boring, and when I played half of the game I thought 'when will this crap end?'.

I will praise the game mechanics to a degree, as I like the movement of the main character that you play and that he's not on steroids like in every COD game, and the guns are somewhat fun to shoot. Graphics were pretty good for that time. And these are the only reasons I'm giving this game a few extra points and it lands on a 4/10. Just another Run-And-Gun no brain game.
  2. May 25, 2016
    This game is best game in BF Series, even better than BattleField 3 . I like BF BC 2 for amazing multiplayer which the much better than in BattleField 4 . Graphics in BattleField Bad Company 2 is very good for 2010 and in this game many different rifles and machines . BattleField Bad Company 2 very good game .
  3. May 16, 2016
    I can easily say that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the best military FPS ever made, at least IMO. It has a fantastic multiplayer, that screams innovation, mainly because of the game's excellent engine that is perfectly integrated into the multiplayer. And, what I mean by that is that the destructibility in this game is incredibly realistic and chaotic, making the multiplayer matchesI can easily say that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the best military FPS ever made, at least IMO. It has a fantastic multiplayer, that screams innovation, mainly because of the game's excellent engine that is perfectly integrated into the multiplayer. And, what I mean by that is that the destructibility in this game is incredibly realistic and chaotic, making the multiplayer matches intense and fun. And, it's weird, but I play this game more than I play Battlefield 4, because, even though Battlefield 4 is fun, it just lacks an aspect that BC2 has, and that is immersion. Whenever I'm playing BF BC2, I always feel like I'm in the battlefield. The soldier that you control actually has weight and I dare say that the sound design in this game is better than BF4's one. And, of course, the shooting is great and the weapons are very well designed. Also, the maps are beautifully designed too, and they are really fitting for epic gunfights. The vehicles are varied and very useful for all the classes. And, unlike BF3 and BF4, this game features an actual organic single-player that's really interesting, even though it's definitely not perfect. Do I recommend it nowdays? Yes... and no. It has a great single-player, but the multiplayer isn't the most populated and is slightly dead, to say at least, even though there are hundreds of people playing the game. But hundreds isn't enough. Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2016
    O melhor Battlefield já feito, é o FPS que é exemplo pra esta geração e as seguintes. Ótima campanha, trilha sonora, mapas online, gameplay espetacular ! É um game tão bom que está vivo até hoje !
  5. Jan 25, 2016
    Battlefield. A good series, but unfortunately, this game really left me with a bad impression. The missions are not wow, the story is meh (just to be there), as characters, are really disappointed. The only thing I liked about this game is to destroy buildings.The multiplayer saved the game.
  6. Dec 13, 2015
    This game is more like a 9.5, but I must spare the coveted "10" rating for only those games that revolutionize the industry. This is a great game, to be sure, but it's not worthy of the "10."

I've been playing this game for years. I just recently picked it back up after upgrading my system to modern standards. Obviously, it rips through this game like a beast, though DX10 is still inappropriately taxing. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Anyway, you simply won't find a multiplayer experience better than this one. I think BC2 is better than both BF3 and BF4. To be fair, EA deleted my BF3 account because it had a different screen name than my BC2 account. There was no appearance of impropriety on my part - they just wanted me to have only one PC EA account. They essentially wiped over a year of BF3 progress, so I stopped playing the game. That likely colored my opinion of BF3.

But I digress...BC2 is awesome. The game control feels a lot better than that presented in both BF3 and BF4. In the latter two, I always felt like my character was a little drunk or high or something. He seemed to lag when aiming down the sights, and pretty much everything else for that matter. The squad system is great, and is pretty identical to that in BF3/4. The weapon upgrade system is great. It gets pretty tough to get promotions once you get into 30s, however, that might be my fault.

The graphics and sound are great. The maps are huge. Hit detection is top notch. Even when you feel like the odds are totally stacked against your team and you scarcely stay alive for more than 10 seconds, there's always another angle or kit to play that will provide you the edge you need to not only survive, but thrive. I highly recommend this game to any person who's a fan of FPS multiplayer games.
  7. Nov 27, 2015
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 offers everything from every aspect, the single-player campaign is really great that i really liked the story, in fact Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield game which has great single-player experience as i also play Battlefield 3, but the campaign doesn't as good and also not as fun as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The multiplayer is the winner thatBattlefield: Bad Company 2 offers everything from every aspect, the single-player campaign is really great that i really liked the story, in fact Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield game which has great single-player experience as i also play Battlefield 3, but the campaign doesn't as good and also not as fun as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The multiplayer is the winner that made this game really great, lots of destruct-able items, lots of vehicle to drive, lots of fun, and more. The world on this game also looks very real, as the graphics are very much improved Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  9. Nov 4, 2015
    One of the best battlefield campaigns of all time!
    To be 100 pecent honset it leaves BF4 and BFH to dust. even in 2015
    Every part of the game feels so real! Kudos to the dev team! Good job guys
  10. Sep 10, 2015
    I really have been into first person shooters for as long as i could remember and all i could say is that i enjoy this game.The whole multiplayer is by far the most exciting and entertaining part of the game, even tho the campaign was lacking.
  11. Apr 6, 2015
    This game deserves the place as the best online multiplayer first-person shooter ever made IMO, because of it's tactical properties and visual flare, presenting it's destructible environments in it's highest level. It's all about the beautiful and smooth design, that kept me going. It has a good single-player with nice characters, so If you're looking for a good single-player experienceThis game deserves the place as the best online multiplayer first-person shooter ever made IMO, because of it's tactical properties and visual flare, presenting it's destructible environments in it's highest level. It's all about the beautiful and smooth design, that kept me going. It has a good single-player with nice characters, so If you're looking for a good single-player experience then you'll not be disappointed, but don't expect too much from it's single-player. The multiplayer is the cake at this game, and it's outstanding! Expand
  12. Apr 3, 2015
    This game has surprised even me. This military shooter even combines many features that I have not seen another game. Single player is not much, but multi-player is superb.
  13. Mar 30, 2015
    HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH IT IS THE BEST BATTLEFIELD FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THE MULTIPLAYER I LOVE THE MULTIPLAYER YOU GET TO CONTROL DUNE BUGGYS AND HELICOPTERS TANKS TRUCKS AND OF COURSE TURRETS THE TURRETS ARE THE WEAKEST VEHICLE IN THE GAME BUT I CAN GET PAST THAT ALTHOUGH IT DOES GET ANNOYING WHEN YOU WANNA BE A TANK TURRET BUT YOUR FRIEND IS ZOOMING ALONG nd you need toHOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH IT IS THE BEST BATTLEFIELD FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THE MULTIPLAYER I LOVE THE MULTIPLAYER YOU GET TO CONTROL DUNE BUGGYS AND HELICOPTERS TANKS TRUCKS AND OF COURSE TURRETS THE TURRETS ARE THE WEAKEST VEHICLE IN THE GAME BUT I CAN GET PAST THAT ALTHOUGH IT DOES GET ANNOYING WHEN YOU WANNA BE A TANK TURRET BUT YOUR FRIEND IS ZOOMING ALONG nd you need to just keep chasing after it until finally you get your wish the guns work perfectly the first map i played shot me into the chest with a slamdunk of video gaming excellence.there is nothing wrong with the game at all and i had a fun time if you find it at gamestop for saaaay $50-20 i reccomend picking it up Expand
  14. Dec 2, 2014
    As you could probably tell, the multiplayer is the draw for this game. The multiplayer is great, and one of the best online shooters made. The story was actually really good as well.
  15. Nov 18, 2014
    Time in game as of this review: 172.9 hours according to Steam.

I'd recommend this game, but it has some major problems. 1. WAY WAY too much smoke and dust clouds. Even a short spray of bullets will cause a cloud of dust that takes awhile to disappear, even when you shot at something like a window frame, wall corner, door frame, etc. 2. The vehicles suck, for the most part. 3.
    Time in game as of this review: 172.9 hours according to Steam.

I'd recommend this game, but it has some major problems.

2. The vehicles suck, for the most part.

3. No option for team deathmatch, only Squad Deathmatch. (4 teams of 4 against each other)

4. No option for free for all deathmatch.

5. Every Squad Deathmatch map has one tank that continues to spawn. It's annoying and wasn't a good choice of vehicle for Squad Deathmatch. Humvees or 4-wheelers would have worked better. Maybe a few boats on the maps that have water.

6. Only sniper rifles can be equipped with a sniper scope.

7. Heli control(s) suck, and minigun control (that the heli's are equipped with) also suck.

8. Way too few maps for Squad Deathmatch option, and the maps for the other gametypes are often large with not enough buildings/cover/good landscape for a battle. Why not just spawn us all in an open field?

9. Extreme lack of good urban environment maps.

10. This is one of the worst things about the game. Accuracy is ridiculously crappy when you aren't looking through your sights/optics. You can fire at a stationary guy 20 feet away and maybe get 3-6 out of 30 of your shots to actually hit him. If you need to be looking down your sights to get more than 1/10-1/5 accuracy from 20 feet away, then you probably shouldn't be anywhere near a battlefield. In real life if I was shooting from that distance, every one of the those shots would have met their target. Seeming as how most of the assault rifles used by assault class are chambered in 5.56mm, they should by little to no issue with recoil. The game's designers, however, thought that it best to give rifles chambered in 5.56mm the accuracy and recoil of an automatic shotgun being fired by a small child with Muscular Dystrophy.

11. This one isn't as big of a deal to me, but there's no option to go prone.
  16. Oct 27, 2014
    Fantastic athmosphere. Inuitive gameplay, a pretty good leveling system, and the sound and visuals are just incredible. Maybe especially the sound. Get temporary tinnitus from a tank firing its main gun, and wake up to your medic reviving you with a "You're good to go, soldier!" (or any of the many other well acted voices recorded), this game draws me in. Would be better if it was on SteamFantastic athmosphere. Inuitive gameplay, a pretty good leveling system, and the sound and visuals are just incredible. Maybe especially the sound. Get temporary tinnitus from a tank firing its main gun, and wake up to your medic reviving you with a "You're good to go, soldier!" (or any of the many other well acted voices recorded), this game draws me in. Would be better if it was on Steam but well. Great variety of classes and vehicles to drive. One the best FPS's ever made. Expand
  17. Aug 29, 2014
    the best battlefield in the whole planet earth..........................................................................................................
  18. Aug 17, 2014
    One of few military shooters with an interesting singleplayer! Thumbs up for that! But still, the grab of the game is multiplayer, and although battlefield 3 may feel more extensive, bc2 feels more fun. Better sounding, bigger guns, and more powerful bullets make the weapons extremely fun to use. Also I felt as if destructiblity was much greater in this game than the later games. All inOne of few military shooters with an interesting singleplayer! Thumbs up for that! But still, the grab of the game is multiplayer, and although battlefield 3 may feel more extensive, bc2 feels more fun. Better sounding, bigger guns, and more powerful bullets make the weapons extremely fun to use. Also I felt as if destructiblity was much greater in this game than the later games. All in all a must get. Expand
  19. Aug 15, 2014
    Очень хорошая игра, сетевая игра как всегда на высоте. Мне ещё понравилась кампания, там представляют Россию очень сильной страной. А в конце кампании становится ясно, что Россия захватила весь мир ! 10/10.
  20. Jul 13, 2014
    This is the best multiplayer shooter of all time! I have played lots of FPS. And BBC2 is the best. It’s better than any cod, Counter Strike and latter battlefields like BF3 and BF4. It's frenetic, tactical, with lots of destruction and a unique atmosphere and gameplay. It has the best maps ever seen in a videogame. Awesome game!
  21. Jun 25, 2014
    So superior to the Newer BF3's and BF4's. They are very good looking but can't compare with the FUN of playing Bad Company 2!

I don't know why but it's just more fun. Also you can destroy anything in the game and the sound is awesome! Best BF game in my mind. I've uninstalled Origin and re-installed BF: BC2!
  22. Mar 26, 2014
    BFBC2 is probably the most over-rated games in the series, many people saying that its a great game, while bf3/bf4 are bad. Both of the latter are superior to BFBC2, atleast on PC. I honestly dont see anything positive in the MP of BC2 when comparing it to BF3/BF4, damage values are(even more) **** up, 32 max players on relatively small maps, no jets(not that big of a deal for me TBH),BFBC2 is probably the most over-rated games in the series, many people saying that its a great game, while bf3/bf4 are bad. Both of the latter are superior to BFBC2, atleast on PC. I honestly dont see anything positive in the MP of BC2 when comparing it to BF3/BF4, damage values are(even more) **** up, 32 max players on relatively small maps, no jets(not that big of a deal for me TBH), poorer graphics, less stuff to unlock, worse netcode(atleast when compared to bf3)... Vietnam DLC is fun, for a while tho...

Nonetheless, its still a decent game, and thats why im giving it a 8. Was a hard decision between 7 and 8, would've given 7.5 if I could
  23. Dec 15, 2013
    This is best FPS I have played in years. It is not perfect, but is ton of fun and outclasses newer games like Battlefield 3 & 4, especially CoD games. Great class and vehicle balance, weapon variety, beautiful maps and mod variety can keep you entertained for hundreds of hours. I think it would shine even more if you had a squad full of friends to mess around with, but it was certainly funThis is best FPS I have played in years. It is not perfect, but is ton of fun and outclasses newer games like Battlefield 3 & 4, especially CoD games. Great class and vehicle balance, weapon variety, beautiful maps and mod variety can keep you entertained for hundreds of hours. I think it would shine even more if you had a squad full of friends to mess around with, but it was certainly fun for me free roaming. Expand
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    The begining of the amazing battlefield multiplayer series this game contains the best first person shooting experiences ever.. only thing im tired of doing is running across the huge map for kills
  25. Nov 15, 2013
    Best Battlefield game ever played. I hate it that the eingineer weapon is degraded in BF 3. I don't like the muddy style texture and buggy web plugin in BF3 either.. Why can't you guys make an in-game server filter as well just like BC2?
  26. Oct 16, 2013
    Single player campaign was essentially sellotaped on and didn't work so well. The multiplayer however built exceptionally well on its roots and made it both a familiar and great place to be.
  27. Oct 4, 2013
    Great game, I enjoyed it a lot. Lots of action, good gameplay, some funny dialog here and there, not much of a story could of been better but definitely worth your time.
  28. Aug 18, 2013
    Best game ever made. The netcode is the best and the hit registration is perfect. The maps are all big and well designed. The classes are a lot and well balanced. The infantry gameplay require a lot of skill but it's very satisfying. There are also a lot of good mods. Definitely a must have!
  29. Aug 12, 2013
    A good first person shooter i would say not as good as battlefield 3 it lacks content with weapons etc it also have some bad movement controls, other then that it's simply amazingly fun to play.
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im not COD fan, but i hate this game. Singleplayer is SUCKS, AI SUCKS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyFPyD0xYw), multiplayer, was good but not so. Story is worst BF ever made, i want to forget this crap Expand
  31. Jul 21, 2013
    Bad Company 2 is phenomenal. It is perhaps the greatest multiplayer FPS on PC. I've sunk over 350 hours into it so far, and for $5 on a steam summer sale, it was an absolute steal. Hands down the best game purchase I've ever made.
  32. Jul 10, 2013
    BF: Bad Company 2 does not deserve the word "Battlefield" in the title. When it comes to gameplay the game is a step backwards compared to the predecessor. Made strange medic class, only 4 people in squads, not possible to go prone etc. For Esport is not suitable for playing. It looks like the game was made ​​for consoles only. Thanks to the Frostbite engine, the game looks nice and it isBF: Bad Company 2 does not deserve the word "Battlefield" in the title. When it comes to gameplay the game is a step backwards compared to the predecessor. Made strange medic class, only 4 people in squads, not possible to go prone etc. For Esport is not suitable for playing. It looks like the game was made ​​for consoles only. Thanks to the Frostbite engine, the game looks nice and it is the only plus to this game. Expand
  33. Jul 4, 2013
    I love this game for being enjoyable to very great levels. It's a cult game in my opinion and I just like the way it plays. BF:BF has an infinite replay value for sure.
  34. Jun 10, 2013
    Very fluent playing experience..I should not say that this is another COD clone, but it was absolutely influenced by COD series..An impressive one..Except for a few moments when there was not enough instructions on your UI and may lead you to repeating frustrating deaths..but after all, it's a brilliant game..DICE has shown their potential in developing an FPS game in another way..
  35. May 30, 2013
    Solid Battlefield game Was abit disappointed when it released since it was made for consoles and had no jets poor flight mechanics but overall it was pretty good
  36. May 19, 2013
    BFBC2 is a game really based on multiplayer so im gonna say this once the campaign isnt good no worse it even steals scenes from call of duty 4 ok thats all im going to say about the single player.
    the multiplayer is where its at if your not a fan of close quarters and lone gunning stop reading this review and get this game right away simple the multiplayer has 4 classes assault, engineer, medic and recon the assault class is more up close and personal and it gives a wide variety of guns to use the engineer is more defensive, the engineer has the choice of sub machine guns and shotguns but it also has rocketlauncher on his back and mines are available you also have a screwdriver to repair damaged vehicles, the medic allows you to have heavy machine guns and a deffibrilator which allows you to heal dead teammates who havent respawned yet this is handy to put pressure onto the enemy team so you can further advance, the recon class allows you to use sniper rifles this class is more for the supportive person and can help with both defense and offense (if your a good aim).
    say you just got the game and is looking for team deathmatch be asured dont, bad company 2 is more about freedom of choice and teamwork so the selection of modes it has are objective based.
    overall battlefield bad company 2 is a both visualy gameplay impressive game
  37. May 3, 2013
    A nice game except the bugs, little bugs, but is very good to play with all groups. A nice thing is the squad management! Very guns and ranks to up....
  38. Apr 28, 2013
    I bought this game after EA's stupid Origin failed to let me buy battlefield 3, so I took the latest battlefield on Steam. Even though I have no background on the battlefield series I do play some real games and I used to Play CoD, and leaning on experience in both types I can say this game is in the sweet spot. Not too real, not too arcade-ish.
    Team play is the best I have ever found. 32
    Team play is the best I have ever found. 32 players are enough to fill a battlefield but teams are not too large so you can get to know the players.

Solid core gameplay and servers with rules that prevent annoying kid's tactics (like way too many recons, camping and base-raping) provide awesome gameplay experience. Not to mention well balanced weapons and vehicles.
    Graphics are good, not amazing (textures are rather low-res), and yet you'll have so much fun playing it you wouldn't notice.
    Let's hope next BF is BC3...
    of course this is a MULTIPLAYER review. Singleplayer was boring and the story is messy and confusing. Got bored after 2 hours (and I'm rather patient.)

bottom line worth those 30$. Go buy it.
  39. Mar 28, 2013
    I would give it lower score if the multiplayer weren't so great! So my final score for "Battlefield Bad Company 2" is 7/10 (PC version, i haven't play this on any console yet)
  40. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is amazingly good. Maybe it's just the one you find in it a little bit of pixel graphics (on the ground). But the graphics are not as important as the gameplay.
    Can destroy houses, a lot of weapons in varied gameplay, really cool last mission. Perhaps one of the best BF, but they may be better in the third part, have not played with it, but then I want to get. However, BFBC2 is a very good game.
  41. Mar 8, 2013
    Despite the non exciting single player plot, this game is very attractive. It has very realistic graphics (especially the light), very challenging but interesting style of shooting, and very magnificent destruction system which allows the player to destroy any buildings. Although the story of the campaign is not fully satisfying, the scene is terrifically designed, it is justDespite the non exciting single player plot, this game is very attractive. It has very realistic graphics (especially the light), very challenging but interesting style of shooting, and very magnificent destruction system which allows the player to destroy any buildings. Although the story of the campaign is not fully satisfying, the scene is terrifically designed, it is just unforgettable. The best part of this game is multi-player. The perspective and the view is wonderful, the atmosphere is tense, but still enjoyable. I think the online experience is much better than Battlefield 3, although the latter is also very amazing. Bad Company 2 is the peak of FPS in 2010, even today it is still unbeatable, and at some point, it is even better than Battlefield 3. Expand
  42. Feb 18, 2013
    One of the most well-done first person shooters in a long long time, good job.
  43. Dec 17, 2012
    I'm not really into brown & bloom but I was able to enjoy this class-based modern FPS thanks to some friends. You really need good communication and teamwork to win rounds because the classes & weapons are well balanced. There's lots of customization and plenty of cheesy loadouts but all the balancing in the world will still have FOTMs. Amazing sound design and great use of destructibleI'm not really into brown & bloom but I was able to enjoy this class-based modern FPS thanks to some friends. You really need good communication and teamwork to win rounds because the classes & weapons are well balanced. There's lots of customization and plenty of cheesy loadouts but all the balancing in the world will still have FOTMs. Amazing sound design and great use of destructible environments. Worth picking up if it's on sale and your friends are still into it. Expand
  44. Sep 7, 2012
    Despite the gripes I have with Bad Company 2, it is still a very solid multiplayer game with some fun maps and engaging gun play. The single player isn't much to write home about: the characters are fun, but the story itself is weak & shallow and is peppered with frustrations. The multiplayer is limited to 32 players, which is a little disappointing, but the maps are still quite large andDespite the gripes I have with Bad Company 2, it is still a very solid multiplayer game with some fun maps and engaging gun play. The single player isn't much to write home about: the characters are fun, but the story itself is weak & shallow and is peppered with frustrations. The multiplayer is limited to 32 players, which is a little disappointing, but the maps are still quite large and the vehicle battles feel gritty and intense. The weapons feel much more punchy than BF2, even it the amount of recoil can sometimes be off-putting to my enjoyment, especially as longer ranges. The guns are fairly well balanced, although the tendency for everyone else to rush off with a sniper rifle remains; leaving you with the sole responsibility of actually doing the work. Another gripe I have is that the vehicles handle extremely badly and are frustrating to control; often flipping over if you so much as lean it too far. Overall though, I like Bad Company 2: it has it's frustrations and gameplay issues, but for the most part is destructive, well-made and sometimes entertaining multiplayer experience. Expand
  45. Aug 15, 2012
    The moderately destructible environment is a fun gimmick in both singleplayer and multiplayer, making BC2 a noteworthy experience. The singleplayer campaign is good enough for multiple playthroughs, multiplayer can draw you in with the relationship between infantry and ground vehicle combat. Chopper maps are quite messy, as you're either being shot at by, waiting in line for, or hidingThe moderately destructible environment is a fun gimmick in both singleplayer and multiplayer, making BC2 a noteworthy experience. The singleplayer campaign is good enough for multiple playthroughs, multiplayer can draw you in with the relationship between infantry and ground vehicle combat. Chopper maps are quite messy, as you're either being shot at by, waiting in line for, or hiding from one. I forgive the chopper mess thanks to the weaponized UAV. With half the maximum players of BF2, low weapon damage, and no prone, this is a very arcade experience. Expand
  46. Aug 4, 2012
    This game has only two advantages. Cool the engine and high-quality multiplayer. Everything else here to see prices at the secondary level. By the end of the game you start to miss (especially the last level). But damn! How can you not go past the building and smash it to hell!
  47. Jul 7, 2012
    The first thing I'm going to say is this is way better than Call Of Duty. There are many things and elements why it is better. First: The graphics, the graphics are much better. The frostbite engine makes the game look refined and very fresh and realistic. The destruction is very well done, it looks great! There are a lot of vehicles to drive the other faction has completely differentThe first thing I'm going to say is this is way better than Call Of Duty. There are many things and elements why it is better. First: The graphics, the graphics are much better. The frostbite engine makes the game look refined and very fresh and realistic. The destruction is very well done, it looks great! There are a lot of vehicles to drive the other faction has completely different designs for the vehicles. The game play is great for a FPS shooter. Everyone is balanced, even a level 50 is easy to kill because they are not overpowered. The only things they get is new guns and items which only help a little bit. The spawning is great, you rarely get spawn camped unlike Call Of Duty where you sit and get spawn killed. The squad is fun and great, playing with friends or public is extremely fun, conquering flags, killing players, shooting vehicles down, riding tanks, flying helicopters. It's so much fun! The destruction: If you shoot a building with a rank or shoot RPGs, rockets, grenade launchers, etc it will break windows, doors, fences, objects, and blow holes into the building, after the building has enough damage, it falls Vehicles also have parts to come off if hit in certain spots, such as the tank. When the tank is hit on the side, the armor plating falls off, if hit in the back, the parts on the rear parts fall off, etc. All vehicles are balanced, the 4x4 is fast but weak, the jeep is useful for traveling and shooting down helicopters and shooting players quickly and running them over, a tank is useful for destroying buildings and killing players, helicopters are good against tanks and are good for destroying players and buildings. There are also stationary weapons and sea vehicles that add on to the wonderful experience. Almost everything about this game is good. The 1 element that is missing though is customization, you can't change your color, you can't select your face or helment or armor or anything like that, although all characters look different. Overall I give it a 9, the game is very close to perfect. Expand
  48. Jul 4, 2012
    BFBC2 is a great game the singleplayer experience is not that impressive but if you want to buy this game for multiplayer this is a great game. The multiplayer gameplay is one of the best you'll ever play. The destruction is breathtaking and there is no lack of teamwork either and the maps are huge. The vehicle battles are exquisite and the map layout is great. The only bab aspect is theBFBC2 is a great game the singleplayer experience is not that impressive but if you want to buy this game for multiplayer this is a great game. The multiplayer gameplay is one of the best you'll ever play. The destruction is breathtaking and there is no lack of teamwork either and the maps are huge. The vehicle battles are exquisite and the map layout is great. The only bab aspect is the lack of gamemodes. Expand
  49. Apr 25, 2012
    This game used to be awesome, but now there are so many rules for individual servers, and behaviours that are frowned upon such as base raiding, that it is just too easy to get kicked or disconnected. I used to enjoy sneaking up on my enemies, but now I find myself getting kicked for doing that or for using a weapon that they don't like. The game is becoming pathetic, and BF3 is even moreThis game used to be awesome, but now there are so many rules for individual servers, and behaviours that are frowned upon such as base raiding, that it is just too easy to get kicked or disconnected. I used to enjoy sneaking up on my enemies, but now I find myself getting kicked for doing that or for using a weapon that they don't like. The game is becoming pathetic, and BF3 is even more annoying. I have gone from being a fan to a harsh critic. I guess it's time for me to move on from DICE games. Expand
  50. Apr 5, 2012
    This was the first game that I have ever bought and played. The good part about the game is that allows to be run from a virtual drive with an image and the graphics are awesome. The single player campaign is kind of short and gets over in around 8 hours.

The best part about the game is multiplayer though for a new comer it is very hard in the beginning as the maps are huge and it requires a lot of in-game time before you become really good. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who is looking for some good FPS action.
  51. Mar 31, 2012
    lets keep this siply: Best game
  52. Mar 10, 2012
    First of all, let me just say that DICE have done a great job on making the game's graphics accessible to everybody. The multiplayer is not too dissimilar to Bad Company, albeit a few minor improvements and some more game modes. It's a lot easier to find action now even on 8 player servers in Squad Deathmatch. Impressive, considering the scale of the maps. You'd almost be lucky to get awayFirst of all, let me just say that DICE have done a great job on making the game's graphics accessible to everybody. The multiplayer is not too dissimilar to Bad Company, albeit a few minor improvements and some more game modes. It's a lot easier to find action now even on 8 player servers in Squad Deathmatch. Impressive, considering the scale of the maps. You'd almost be lucky to get away with not being spawn killed. I'm still personally divided over the Battlefield concept. On one hand, the graphics, big maps, vehicles, sense of teamwork and simulating realism make every kill satisfying, every win earnt, every point of XP rewarding. But on the other hand, I rarely die in a gun-on-gun firefight knowing that I died because I deserved it- because a mistake was made. Deaths feel so random due to the large maps and the nature of spawn points. That said, the game has a strange, addicting allure to it. The class-based multiplayer and progression/unlock system does make it a bit unfair on new players who don't have all the best weaponry and upgrades, but the game is still playable and balanced for the most part. This game does what many people want in an FPS- as close to realism as possible but without making the game unplayable. For that, it deserves credit. As for the campaign, it is very much similar to Bad Company 1 but with less emphasis on large-scale battles and more focused on variety of environments. The campaign is fairly linear, lacking ambition and the plot is almost non-existent. Overall, if you can't afford a supercomputer to run Battlefield 3 but want something just like it, you can't go wrong with BC2. There are lots of servers and people playing it, and the campaign isn't great but worth playing if you're bored. You just have to be patient with the multiplayer to start enjoying it. The multiplayer makes use of rewarding you for staying loyal to one of four classes, with upgrades and some iteration of perks. While it's still easy to understand what you're doing in the battlefield, the game could do a better job of explaining the unlock progression. Perhaps Bad Company 2's greatest achievement is its uncomprimising combination of stunning graphics, wide variety of maps and modes and gives the player incentive to play to unlock new gear and rank up. The game is rewarding, yet for such a demandingly hardcore and realistic shooter, it's remarkable that one can enjoy this game after a short period of game time online. By its very nature, teamwork is promoted and feels satisfying. The title of the game is Battlefield, yet you can take a break from long-range, vehicular combat in Rush and engage in more hectic, seemingly arena-based mix of free-for-all with teams in Squad Deathmatch. Whatever the case, Bad Company 2 does nearly everything well. Certainly it differentiates itself from other shooters but still implements some of the conventions of modern shooters without losing its identity. Expand
  53. Mar 3, 2012
    While the BFBC2 was painful to play in its early days with crashes-to-desktop a few times a day and a myriad of other bugs/issues, several patches later and it became a good value-for-money multiplayer FPS.
  54. Feb 26, 2012
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the best multiplayer online game out of the world. The idea with the squads is a good idea to play in a team. Working together with squadmates to achieve an objective make this a rewarding and compelling gaming experience
  55. Feb 22, 2012
    While I thoroughly enjoyed the game, it's a shame that they had to resort to bashing COD:MW2 in the game when I consider COD to be more fun, expansive and intense than BF:BC2. The levels follow and narrow path and is not expansive. I loved the characters however and can't wait to play the Vietnam expansion. In the end, the need for EA to bash COD:MW2, while it did make me laugh, wasWhile I thoroughly enjoyed the game, it's a shame that they had to resort to bashing COD:MW2 in the game when I consider COD to be more fun, expansive and intense than BF:BC2. The levels follow and narrow path and is not expansive. I loved the characters however and can't wait to play the Vietnam expansion. In the end, the need for EA to bash COD:MW2, while it did make me laugh, was unnecessary and childish which is why it gets an 8. Expand
  56. Feb 20, 2012
    The only thing keeping this game from a 10 are some unaddressed bugs, the annoying excessive bloom, the shaky but not too bad net-code & the bad patches they've introduced. Overall, it's quite a nice shooter worth tons of fun with a good vehicle balance.
  57. Feb 5, 2012
    I find this game much better than battlefield 3. Many more buildings are actually destructible, the player count is tight and focused as well as the quality of the maps. What happened to free map updates DICE? strike at karkand is a remastering of older maps, yet you charge 15$ for the map pack? Bad company 2 is the superior game. Vietnam is worth the 15$, not strike at karkand.
  58. Jan 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just the best shooter game I ever played. Unbelievably dynamic and adequately fast, so it gives you time to recharge your batteries before re-spawn or escape when you get under fire, but don't bore you with minutes of running through the desert. For the fans of realism, there are hardcore servers â Expand
  59. Jan 20, 2012
    This game rocks. Single player is decent but that's not where the hours will be spent. That is if you enjoy playing multiplayer. Many weapons to pick from, many vehicles. It's great. There have been many people that bought BF3 and come back to play this game. I'm 800+ hours in.
  60. Jan 17, 2012
    Simply spectacular. It's like being immersed in a real war, everything breaks, everything moves, and bigger than the maps are, there is something that keeps you busy. Very varied weapons, vehicles, tools and levels. Graphics and sound are spectacular, the graphics engine allows the map to be 100% moldable and is very well optimized (even on the "LAG"). The campaign is a bit boring, justSimply spectacular. It's like being immersed in a real war, everything breaks, everything moves, and bigger than the maps are, there is something that keeps you busy. Very varied weapons, vehicles, tools and levels. Graphics and sound are spectacular, the graphics engine allows the map to be 100% moldable and is very well optimized (even on the "LAG"). The campaign is a bit boring, just run and shoot, the story does not draw attention, is simply a "tutorial" for the multiplayer, but definitely the online is one of the best out there. Really recommended. Expand
  61. Jan 16, 2012
    For those of you complaining about this game, your a **** that refuses to adjust or has bad internet or a **** computer, this game runs fine and is perfect (almost), the gameplay is fun enough to keep you sated and you will love this game (better than bf3 and its ea origin). The only complaint I have is for some reason I can't turn up shadowing or effects because my screen will blinkFor those of you complaining about this game, your a **** that refuses to adjust or has bad internet or a **** computer, this game runs fine and is perfect (almost), the gameplay is fun enough to keep you sated and you will love this game (better than bf3 and its ea origin). The only complaint I have is for some reason I can't turn up shadowing or effects because my screen will blink rapidly, but I don't lose frame rate at all, its weird but still great game! Expand
  62. Dec 29, 2011
    Great PC shooter i get lots of fun with them. Maps are good, some maps was added by DICE for free. Game is still supported, by patches and fixes. Frostbite engine so buildings are destroyable. Small number of vehicles. Single Player is added to force. Ohh and that is just console port so we have only 32 players, every real PC Battlefield have 64players. Gives 7 for 3 negatives.. smallGreat PC shooter i get lots of fun with them. Maps are good, some maps was added by DICE for free. Game is still supported, by patches and fixes. Frostbite engine so buildings are destroyable. Small number of vehicles. Single Player is added to force. Ohh and that is just console port so we have only 32 players, every real PC Battlefield have 64players. Gives 7 for 3 negatives.. small number of vehicles, console port, not good sp campaign. Expand
  63. Dec 21, 2011
    While it was not as good as I hoped it would be, this is still quite a game. The humorous singleplayer is much better than BF3, but the multiplayer suffers from unreliable hit detection and other minor things as the lack of going prone. 64 player support, along with bigger maps would have been nice aswell.
  64. Dec 7, 2011
    After many attempts to enter my CD key (no copy and paste) and log on to the EA account, I still get "connection error" whenever I try to play the game, even single player. I have not been able to get anywhere near the actual game, not even in single player mode, so restrictive is EA's account management and so flaky their network connections. It seems I am not alone in this experience.After many attempts to enter my CD key (no copy and paste) and log on to the EA account, I still get "connection error" whenever I try to play the game, even single player. I have not been able to get anywhere near the actual game, not even in single player mode, so restrictive is EA's account management and so flaky their network connections. It seems I am not alone in this experience. What a waste of money. EA seem to spoil everything they touch. Expand
  65. Nov 28, 2011
    This was the beginning of the end for good quality PC shooters. This was the first sign of battlefield being infected by COD aids. Every time I played, I couldnt help but notice that it was a tremendous gameplay downgrade console a-tized over bloomed version of battlefield 2, face it, the campaign is never where battlefield was good, the single player in this game is REALLY, REALLY,This was the beginning of the end for good quality PC shooters. This was the first sign of battlefield being infected by COD aids. Every time I played, I couldnt help but notice that it was a tremendous gameplay downgrade console a-tized over bloomed version of battlefield 2, face it, the campaign is never where battlefield was good, the single player in this game is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, bad, like, worse than COD bad, so im going to grade it on multiplayer, yes, the multiplayer is insanely fun for the first few hours, but it will take you a good 90 hours of game time to get every weapon for every class, and those 90 hours will involve you being killed over and over and over. By the time you have all the weapons, you know what you are doing and your not making stupid mistakes anymore like running out into the middle of nowhere with no cover. But the main problem is, once you have all the stuff, you get bored.
    OH, and there are tremendous balance problems, like helicopters, a good pilot in one of those things will spawn camp your entire team and will be invincible.
  66. Nov 25, 2011
    It's a pretty fun game for a short while then it just gets boring running back over and over after constantly getting killed a 1000 feet away with some guy rank 50 with a pistol. The single player campaign was about alright, nothing revolutionary.
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    By far my favourite FPS at the moment. The single player is a solid 8. The need to focus more on the fun aspect of Bad company, and not try to make it serious. But the fun I had in multiplayer in this game is beyond words. You can literaly record 10 minutes of gameplay and turn it into an awsome Trailer! The sound in this game is compaired to no other game. Can't wait for Bad Company 3.By far my favourite FPS at the moment. The single player is a solid 8. The need to focus more on the fun aspect of Bad company, and not try to make it serious. But the fun I had in multiplayer in this game is beyond words. You can literaly record 10 minutes of gameplay and turn it into an awsome Trailer! The sound in this game is compaired to no other game. Can't wait for Bad Company 3.
    Dice has done what activision could not provide. 10/10
  68. Nov 16, 2011
    Single Player is boring and pretty linear.
    Multiplayer is unabalanced,filled with people abusing certain weapons to win and the MP is dumped down compared to older BF games.
    Single Player is boring and pretty linear.
    Maps are small,only 32 players,no jets,no modding support,terrible optimization,maps are unbalanced and let teams spawncamp each other all the time and it's impossible to see anything thanks to the high amount of ugly bloom and 'realistick' dust. The community in BC2's is garbage, it makes the COD community look polite and mature.
    DO NOT BUY BC2, it's the worst BF game ever. If you want a true BF exp. then buy BF2,3,1942,vietnam or 2142.
  69. Nov 12, 2011
    Great 7.1 surround sound support, Great 3D stereoscopic support (iz3d), very fun Multiplayer experience. The graphics are the best I have seen, even better than crysis and for me that's saying a lot. I also like the upgrades in multplayer, overall great game!!!
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome game with lots of actions. Great story line come with the single player. Though the multiplayer isn't quite as good as battlefield 2, but the graphics are ten times more amazing.
  71. Nov 12, 2011
    I love that game giving you so much the feeling of "being-in-the-action" with lots of realism and destruction. If you want to go to war (not really of course but to have an war-like-adventure) buy that game. A must-have!
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    Alright, this is truly one of the greatest games i have ever played (mostly because i dont have BF3 yet). It is orchestrated perfectly, and it is much better than CoD's up in your face action. I just finished the MW3 campaign, played multiplayer for 30 minutes, and thought "i would much rather be playing Battlefield right now." it kills me to waste that 60 bucks for the not so good MW3Alright, this is truly one of the greatest games i have ever played (mostly because i dont have BF3 yet). It is orchestrated perfectly, and it is much better than CoD's up in your face action. I just finished the MW3 campaign, played multiplayer for 30 minutes, and thought "i would much rather be playing Battlefield right now." it kills me to waste that 60 bucks for the not so good MW3 campaign, but i'm not reviewing MW3, i'm reviewing this game. The people who gave this game a 0 are just CoD fanboys. This game immerses you in the battle, to the fullest extent. tactical thinking is required, not just fast reflexes (unlike SOME contemporary InfinityWard titles). if you stop shooting your extremely realistic gun for just a few seconds and look forward and up at the sky for a little bit, you see what real soldiers see: mortar shells falling from the sky, anti-aircraft fire being thrown back up at the sky, helicopters demolishing enemy infantry and armor, or ironically being shot down by that same infantry and armor. snipers are laying down suppressing fire on the enemy team, vehicles and helicopters are skirmishing with each other or moving towards new targets. stray shots, from rifle or cannon, are flying around, hitting whatever they can find. after staring at such destruction and war with awe, your senses come flying back to you and you immediately take cover, supporting your teammates in their attempt to move forward on the front, or moving forward yourself. you might be repairing a tank, or driving one. you could be laying down fire from a Blackhawk helicopter's mounted miniguns, or shooting down that same helicopter in a gunship. you might be calling in a mortar strike, skirmishing with an enemy squad, outnumbered 4 to 1, or attempting to take out a hidden enemy sniper in a battle of not only aim, but of wits. you could be advancing in a quad bike, or suppressing enemies with a Humvee's 50. cal. i give it a 9 because EA couldn't maintain the servers for a full week to save their life, and the singleplayer campaign. is a pile of sh*t. But its cost today of roughly 20 bucks on Steam makes it an ENORMOUSLY good purchase idea. If you are wondering if you should get it or get MW3, GET THIS GAME! MW3 is a royally screwed piece of crap compared to this game. at one-third the price of MW3, its the deal of a lifetime. i would buy this game for $70. Expand
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    I couldn't try out the mulitplayer mode, but I can already tell from the single player that this is one **** awesome game. The story is kinda what Slyvester Stallone would come up of (with all those macho man), but that doesn't matter in "Battefield: Bad Company 2". The graphics are just sweet as hell; the light textures and destructable environments just makes Black Ops look like aI couldn't try out the mulitplayer mode, but I can already tell from the single player that this is one **** awesome game. The story is kinda what Slyvester Stallone would come up of (with all those macho man), but that doesn't matter in "Battefield: Bad Company 2". The graphics are just sweet as hell; the light textures and destructable environments just makes Black Ops look like a steaming pile of crap. Overall, a great game that I definitely recommend. I don't know if the multiplayer's good, but at this rate, I'll assume it's at least better than COD. Expand
  74. Oct 30, 2011
    My favorite shooter since BF2142 and Counter-Strike. The classes feel solid, the team work is great, and the maps are fun. My only complaints are the use of punk buster since it doesn't seem to prevent obvious hackers and EA doesn't do anything to remove these players. But good server admins can quickly sort this problem out. It's not that common of a problem for me to remove any pointsMy favorite shooter since BF2142 and Counter-Strike. The classes feel solid, the team work is great, and the maps are fun. My only complaints are the use of punk buster since it doesn't seem to prevent obvious hackers and EA doesn't do anything to remove these players. But good server admins can quickly sort this problem out. It's not that common of a problem for me to remove any points from the rating. Expand
  75. Oct 28, 2011
    The multi-player is brilliant, highly-addictive FPS. Does particular well with it's 4-man squad-based mechanics - you are rewarded for working as a team with your squad but you are free to play lone wolf if that's what you want. Graphics is good, but not brilliant. Some aspects of the interface design are a bit clunky. And I became very bored with the single-player campaign and only playedThe multi-player is brilliant, highly-addictive FPS. Does particular well with it's 4-man squad-based mechanics - you are rewarded for working as a team with your squad but you are free to play lone wolf if that's what you want. Graphics is good, but not brilliant. Some aspects of the interface design are a bit clunky. And I became very bored with the single-player campaign and only played it for a few hours. The story kind of interesting, but I find these kind of linear scripted campaigns boring anyway. I just played the campaign for a few hours to get the hang of the weapons, then jumped into the multi-player. Expand
  76. Oct 28, 2011
    Bad company 2 is a average-good shooter. First, the single player campaign is very bland as it puts you in a very linear story and featured with too many cut scenes which are not needed in a FPS game. It does not have too much fun to be honest and seems like it's trying to copy Call of Duty style which in my opinion is always mediocre. I prefer the older single-player modes in theBad company 2 is a average-good shooter. First, the single player campaign is very bland as it puts you in a very linear story and featured with too many cut scenes which are not needed in a FPS game. It does not have too much fun to be honest and seems like it's trying to copy Call of Duty style which in my opinion is always mediocre. I prefer the older single-player modes in the Battlefield series where you can practice your skills on various maps and play with different toys that you would find in multiplayer. Yes, Battlefield is always about online play and that's why people like it. Multiplayer mode, however, is good. The online action is intense and you must be smart on choosing a squad because if your team did not coordinate right you are going to lose. Also the game provide tons of the unlocks and achievements, so you could just dig them out for months. Final words, I will say BC2 is a good multiplayer shooter harmed by mediocre SP campaign, yet it's definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed online shooter games. Expand
  77. Oct 28, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer games out there, and a much better alternative than Battlefield 3. It simply feels very polished and the network code is amazing.
  78. Oct 26, 2011
    I've been playing the game for 20 hours, it's very hard to control, it's so unbalanced as it can be, starters can meet people at the highest lvl, so you just keep running around and getting 0 points. There is no such thing as teamwork in this game, it's like CS;S people just think about their kills. It deserves it's 0 points, because the campaign is short and boring, the online gameplay isI've been playing the game for 20 hours, it's very hard to control, it's so unbalanced as it can be, starters can meet people at the highest lvl, so you just keep running around and getting 0 points. There is no such thing as teamwork in this game, it's like CS;S people just think about their kills. It deserves it's 0 points, because the campaign is short and boring, the online gameplay is so unbalanced and well, I thought that vehicles would be awesome! It's not, if you're not an engineer, and you meet a tank, you're done for sure, and in most maps people only use tanks. I can only recommend this to people, who got so much money that they just want to trow them in the garbage. Expand
  79. Oct 23, 2011
    Considering the crazy amount of time I spent in this game I have to give it a 10! It's the best multiplayer you can find. it understands that non-team players that make up most multiplayer games these days and channels them into fighting for the team anyway (unless they really really fight it!).

I miss the older MP experiences of BF:Modern Combat, etc but BC2 is still awesome fun! BOOM house fall down. How can you hate on that?
  80. Oct 17, 2011
    Im a fan of egoshooters. But this sux. As a beginner in this online world youre not welcome. Players, who played it a long time are better then noobies ofcourse. But in Battlefield you got it even harder: Because of the maps beeing bigger and the horrible bullet mechanics (bullets drop) it is even for good css players hard to aim. But the biggest newcomer nightmare is your class firstIm a fan of egoshooters. But this sux. As a beginner in this online world youre not welcome. Players, who played it a long time are better then noobies ofcourse. But in Battlefield you got it even harder: Because of the maps beeing bigger and the horrible bullet mechanics (bullets drop) it is even for good css players hard to aim. But the biggest newcomer nightmare is your class first weapon. In fair games like tf2 you got weapons which are good, playable, just basic guns you can even use when youre a pro. In Battlefield you got only rubbish. Just think about: you dont know the map, dont know the hitboxes with the damned bullet drop and then you not even have useable weapons. Thats not fair. All houses are destroyable, but the rests of them cant be moved, does that make sense? I dont got the wood doors, which you destroy with your knive. Thats not realistic. This whole (world) destruction-> only stupid houses(!) goes on my nervs. Its a playable game with a kind of achievement system which unlooks youre weapons, but its a hard deal as a bloody newcomer. If youre an old Battlefield Player, then buy it. If you never played Battlefield DONT BUY IT! It wont satisfy you... Expand
  81. Oct 13, 2011
    Not a great campaign, since it's very short, but the multiplayer makes this a purchase. Some great cinematics, with great shootouts blend in to make a worthy contender to the likes of Call of Duty and even surpasses the multiplayer experience.
  82. Oct 12, 2011
    I was never a fan of games in this genre and type until I got into playing BC2 multiplayer. I have spent a great deal on time on it since then and it has been one of the best games I have ever bought. A real classic. True, it is plagued by a mass of hacking in terms of people trying to gain advantage with aimbots and the like. Unfortunately, there are lot of very tragic people out there,I was never a fan of games in this genre and type until I got into playing BC2 multiplayer. I have spent a great deal on time on it since then and it has been one of the best games I have ever bought. A real classic. True, it is plagued by a mass of hacking in terms of people trying to gain advantage with aimbots and the like. Unfortunately, there are lot of very tragic people out there, so just view it as charity. This game is brilliant fun and comes with maximum immersion. Expand
  83. Sep 27, 2011
    Bad Company 2 is a breath-taking experience that will hopefully be upgraded in the highly-anticipated Battlefield 3 coming October 25th. Bad Company 2 re-unites us with Bad Company 1 (2008) squadmates Private Preston Marlowe (your character), Sergeant Samuel Redford, Private Gordon Haggard and Private Terrence **** as they go deep into enemy lines to stop the villianous Kirilenko fromBad Company 2 is a breath-taking experience that will hopefully be upgraded in the highly-anticipated Battlefield 3 coming October 25th. Bad Company 2 re-unites us with Bad Company 1 (2008) squadmates Private Preston Marlowe (your character), Sergeant Samuel Redford, Private Gordon Haggard and Private Terrence **** as they go deep into enemy lines to stop the villianous Kirilenko from unleashing his "black weapon" on the United States and possibly the entire world as well. The multiplayer experience is somewhat slow but satisfying at best, and feels realistic as it should be, compared to other overrated titles such as Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) and the other highly-anticipated Treyarch game which is Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 (November 8, 2011). Bad Company is a true winner. Expand
  84. Sep 27, 2011
    Priznam se, ze jsem nikdy nehral Battlefield 2. Parkrat jsem okusil Vietnam. Takze jako nedotceny jinymi Battlefield hrami muzu s klidnym svedomim rict, ze je to jedna z nejzabavnejsich multiplayer her. O singleplayerove kampani se zminovat nebudu, protoze jsem u ni stravil jen par chvil - asi do treti mise a radeji jsem se rovnou vrhnul na multiplayer, ve kterem mam k dnesnimu dni neco kePriznam se, ze jsem nikdy nehral Battlefield 2. Parkrat jsem okusil Vietnam. Takze jako nedotceny jinymi Battlefield hrami muzu s klidnym svedomim rict, ze je to jedna z nejzabavnejsich multiplayer her. O singleplayerove kampani se zminovat nebudu, protoze jsem u ni stravil jen par chvil - asi do treti mise a radeji jsem se rovnou vrhnul na multiplayer, ve kterem mam k dnesnimu dni neco ke 200 hodin. Hra ma i par chybek - napr. pokud KIA a medik vas ozivi, stejne se vam smrt zapocita a vetsinou umrete hned znova, protoze nemate prehled o tom kde je nepritel ... Expand
  85. Sep 24, 2011
    One of the best First Person Shooters ever! The Single player campaign is great and the multiplayer is very good. It's a must have. Go buy it, trust me, you will not regret it.
  86. Sep 21, 2011
    Absolutely a great game. The single-player is well done and the characters are something to remember while running through and immersing in-depth story line. The music is fantastic. The game play is very stratifying and BF:BC2 brings more things to the table like vehicles that other current FPS's lack. Also a Vietnam DLC that is better then most complete games! Truly outstanding. The onlyAbsolutely a great game. The single-player is well done and the characters are something to remember while running through and immersing in-depth story line. The music is fantastic. The game play is very stratifying and BF:BC2 brings more things to the table like vehicles that other current FPS's lack. Also a Vietnam DLC that is better then most complete games! Truly outstanding. The only flaw is the multiplayer is highly effected by snipers AKA Recon class. This game is really sniper heavy, but if you can get over that annoyance this game is truly a work of art. Earning this game a 9. Expand
  87. Sep 19, 2011
    This game is superb. I spent a lot of time playing it before I got finally bored to death. It's the best realistic-style multiplayer fps there is. Why 8 then, you ask. Because it's a port from PS3, and it's a poor one. It has bugs, bugs not ever fixed.

Nevertheless, it's awesome. Waiting for BF3
  88. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is the worst battlefield experience i have ever had. Battlefield 2 was awesome. It had the original CS experience out of the box with kickass vehicles that felt like vehicles. Dont ever buy this game, its bugged, its filled with exploits, and the helicopter can move less then in a simulator. Crap game - dont buy.
  89. Sep 8, 2011
    Amazing. As expected from the Battlefield franchise, a superbly executed game that shows other devs what they should be aiming for. Better than Call of Duty by a long shot.
  90. Sep 4, 2011
    I'm not the kind of person who plays FPS games, i tend to stick to more of the action/adventure genre, but battlefield 2 kept me entertained for a good 40-50 hours in online play, and thats more than i can say for any FPS game, including a certain piece of crap (cough cough black ops cough). normally i rate shooters very low on my lists of favorite games, and despite them all losing myI'm not the kind of person who plays FPS games, i tend to stick to more of the action/adventure genre, but battlefield 2 kept me entertained for a good 40-50 hours in online play, and thats more than i can say for any FPS game, including a certain piece of crap (cough cough black ops cough). normally i rate shooters very low on my lists of favorite games, and despite them all losing my interest in a short period of time, i know if i liked shooter games i would put this one up near the top, i'd give it a 9. sorry, 10 is reserved for ocarina of time, and ocarina of time only. Expand
  91. Aug 30, 2011
    Awesome game with a really entertaining single player mod and a great multiplayer with great graphic and gameplay, BUT! it's pretty annoying to play as a "newbie" even though I am an experienced FPS player. Without the special weapons and gadgets it's impossible to have fun so you have to play at least 10 hours to star enjoying the game.
  92. Aug 29, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the first game of DICE's long line of games of the same name that I ever bought and played, so I can't compare how much has changed between this one and the older entries in the serie. The singleplayer was a little bit short and it didn't leave such a big impression, still it was solid and I didn't encounter a single bug or error while playing through it. WhatBattlefield Bad Company 2 was the first game of DICE's long line of games of the same name that I ever bought and played, so I can't compare how much has changed between this one and the older entries in the serie. The singleplayer was a little bit short and it didn't leave such a big impression, still it was solid and I didn't encounter a single bug or error while playing through it. What really caught me, however, was the multiplayer. I've been playing some CS and CoD before this, but never really enjoyed their cramped gameplay, but the open areas and vehicle battles was a good change. The graphics are good, most of the maps are OK although some of the Rush maps seem to have been poorly designed as there are alot of chokepoints were you'll quickly loose if you're team is slow moving. The squad gameplay is a nice addition, which is even better if you play with friends and can infiltrate enemy spawns just to wait for them to spawn on you and then make your move together. Most of the maps are also open enough to let you find your own way, not just simply alley A or B to reach C and you know there'll be someone with either a machinegun or a sniper rifle aiming down that killzone. If you enjoy playing multiplayer FPS games over large maps this is definitely a game you shouldn't miss out on! Expand
  93. Aug 24, 2011
    I had been severely disappointed in BFBC, so I was hoping that DICE had finally got their game together to make something amazing again, and again I was disappointed. I have noticed that most of the big fans of the original line of BF games (BF1942, BFV, BF2, BF2142) have been very disappointed in the mediocrity that DICE has been spitting out recently, seriously DICE, you used to winI had been severely disappointed in BFBC, so I was hoping that DICE had finally got their game together to make something amazing again, and again I was disappointed. I have noticed that most of the big fans of the original line of BF games (BF1942, BFV, BF2, BF2142) have been very disappointed in the mediocrity that DICE has been spitting out recently, seriously DICE, you used to win "Game of the Year" awards back in the day as if they were a dime a dozen, we all expected at least something good. enough about that, on to the actual game. Its mediocrity at its most mediocre. its still puny groups of people fighting on maps where visibility is near nothing due to all the dust/snow thats flying all over the place. not only that, but I find a hacker at the rate of 1/3 of all the games i play in, people who somehow manage to headshot a bunch of players PERFECTLY in rapid succession from the other side of the stupid map without missing a single shot. and about the visibility, DICE decided to focus on their game engine more than the gameplay... again... I can understand how destructible environments is nice, but the hyperbolic destructive power of all explosives in the game is just nuts, along with the ridiculous amounts of dust that explosives create. having a 40mm grenade blast a hole in a concrete wall 6 feet wide makes no sense, it seems like all the structures in this game are made of Styrofoam filled with compressed dust inside... adding to the list of things i want to complain about is the lack of a comm-rose, combined with the fact that you can only call out a single enemy every 10 or so seconds, which doesnt help when you have spotted a group trying to flank you, you cant even make it clear that you want ammo, or a medic, or even say thanks, that combined with no prone position makes it immensely frustrating to try to scout enemy locations... the last major thing i want to complain about is the regenerating health... I dont get it, WHY does EVERY FPS game HAVE to have regenerating health? even in Multiplayer? how does running away and sucking on your thumb for 3 seconds equate to growing your legs back all of a sudden? it kills the point of being a medic, and encourages heroism, where the very good players run into a enemy stronghold, picks off a couple guys, then runs off for 3 seconds and repeats, and theres no way of killing that player even when they took 30 bullets to the chest over the span of 20 seconds, the idea of working with your team is almost non-existent in BFBC2. Though with all that said, the game is moderately enjoyable, and the thing I am most impressed by is the fact that its closer to being an actual BATTLEFIELD game when compared to BFBC. At this point, I have lost all hope in DICE, and I think its only a matter of time before they turn out like the old amazing game producers like RAREWARE(Goldeneye007,Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie) and WESTWOOD(Command & Conquer), both were swallowed into the maw of EA, never to produce another great game. I am not expecting great things from BF3 at this point, from what Ive heard and seen of the game, its still going to be a far cry from the greatness of the old BF games, since apparently, FPS games are all about entertaining 10 year old kids with ADD these days with all the flashy graphics and explosions and none of the depth and strategy they used to contain. Expand
  94. Aug 24, 2011
    I roughly played BFBC2 for about 200 hours. So it goes without saying that I loved this game. The mere fact that you can destroy your environment to totally change how you play is an idea that needs to be pushed to the limit. That is what gamers want. To be able to feel as though we can be inside our games and interact with object how we actually would. That is was BC2 brings to the table.I roughly played BFBC2 for about 200 hours. So it goes without saying that I loved this game. The mere fact that you can destroy your environment to totally change how you play is an idea that needs to be pushed to the limit. That is what gamers want. To be able to feel as though we can be inside our games and interact with object how we actually would. That is was BC2 brings to the table. It gives you a small taste of what being able to play in a battlefield is like. This game like any other doesnâ Expand
  95. Aug 18, 2011
    One of the least enjoyable FPS games I've played in a while. Graphics and sound were okay, but the campaigns themselves were terrible, and controls were almost unbearable. Really wish I had saved my money for something not made by EA.
  96. Aug 10, 2011
    Muy buen juego, a la altura del Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, ya que es muy similar, tanto el modo single player, con una historia corta en ambos titulos pero intensa y con momentos epicos, y en el apartado multijugador, la posibilidad de usar vehiculos le da un punto positivo extra, por la diversion que produce manejar un tanque o jeep. Por ultimo destacar que casi todo lo que hay en elMuy buen juego, a la altura del Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, ya que es muy similar, tanto el modo single player, con una historia corta en ambos titulos pero intensa y con momentos epicos, y en el apartado multijugador, la posibilidad de usar vehiculos le da un punto positivo extra, por la diversion que produce manejar un tanque o jeep. Por ultimo destacar que casi todo lo que hay en el escenario se puede destruir. Expand
  97. Aug 8, 2011
    For a console port, this game is excellent. The single player is enjoyable enough, though not as fun as the Bad Company 1. The multiplayer is definitely the big point of this game. The maps are big enough to be fun, the vehicles are fun but not overpowering. Each of the classes have their uses and are all enjoyable. This game isn't anywhere close to BF2, but it holds it's own if you don'tFor a console port, this game is excellent. The single player is enjoyable enough, though not as fun as the Bad Company 1. The multiplayer is definitely the big point of this game. The maps are big enough to be fun, the vehicles are fun but not overpowering. Each of the classes have their uses and are all enjoyable. This game isn't anywhere close to BF2, but it holds it's own if you don't consider it a true Battlefield PC game. Go into it with this in mind, and it's terrific. Expand
  98. Aug 6, 2011
    This is a very visually unpleasant game to play. Blowing snow, blowing sand, smoke or haze obliterates what must be some good graphics behind the scenes but you can't see anything. The multiplayer action must be awesome for the game to get such good reviews. I wouldn't know about that as online gaming is not for me any more. Singleplayer action is confined to just one linear thread throughThis is a very visually unpleasant game to play. Blowing snow, blowing sand, smoke or haze obliterates what must be some good graphics behind the scenes but you can't see anything. The multiplayer action must be awesome for the game to get such good reviews. I wouldn't know about that as online gaming is not for me any more. Singleplayer action is confined to just one linear thread through the game with almost no variability. Many missions are just plain stupid like running from building to building to keep from freezing, really? There is absolutely no replay potential for me in this game. Expand
  99. Aug 1, 2011
    Not as good as the first, but still very good. Frostbite 1.5 proves to be the leader in destructive environments (sorry Breach!). The campaign lacks as most people would say but the multi player is lengthy and fun.
  100. Jul 31, 2011
    No immersion, very little teamwork (everyone is just running around doing their "thing"), weapons are unrealistic (nothing but giant, over embellished chunks of metal with exaggerated functions), player team models make no sense (a mix of future U.S. Army soldiers, English soldiers, terrorists with masks, and this ape thing) -- the enemy has the same models too, too many screen markersNo immersion, very little teamwork (everyone is just running around doing their "thing"), weapons are unrealistic (nothing but giant, over embellished chunks of metal with exaggerated functions), player team models make no sense (a mix of future U.S. Army soldiers, English soldiers, terrorists with masks, and this ape thing) -- the enemy has the same models too, too many screen markers (forget using the map environment tactically and taking cover and knowing you're safe -- the enemy knows you're their because of a giant red marker on their screen), the buildings make no sense (a maze of identical, empty, box houses with that goofy Victorian wallpaper), tanks and vehicles always getting stuck on objects (a tank can't move an empty blue container or knock down a wooden post?), what's the point of breaking down those wooden doors?, etc... The list goes on -- but the graphics were nice (the developers should try doing cgi for Hollywood instead). Expand
  101. Jan 6, 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of FPS games (i can't stand call of duty) but this game is the most addicting FPS i have ever played, Multiplayer is awesome, singleplayer is pretty good, Amazing game, just bought the vietnam expansion which is also awesome, i also love the ranking up system, how you have an overall rank but at the same time you can level up kits, ill be playing this game for a long time!

1. The new single-player mode isn’t that interesting, but the multi-player part is fantastic. With new destructable environments and new game modes Bad Company 2 is the best Battlefield game so far.
  2. Do you like first-person shooters? If the answer is yes, buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. If there's a weakness it lies in the slightly brief single-player campaign, but the brilliant, potentially Modern Warfare 2 beating multiplayer more than picks up the slack.
    Though it occasionally stumbles, there's one thing that Bad Company 2 clearly demonstrates: DICE has graduated from the, "can only do a multiplayer FPS" class, and is perfectly capable of making a great all-around game.