1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 208 Ratings

1. Jan 13, 2014
    To be honest, this game has some fun in it, but sadly, it is indeed a Pay2Win game. You can only choose a max of 2 classes you want to keep, otherwise you must pay for the rest. Plus, there are still so many issues with the game, like lag. Sure you can buy weapons forever with virtual currency, but it's ridiculously high. It's easier to pay with real currency, and even then why would youTo be honest, this game has some fun in it, but sadly, it is indeed a Pay2Win game. You can only choose a max of 2 classes you want to keep, otherwise you must pay for the rest. Plus, there are still so many issues with the game, like lag. Sure you can buy weapons forever with virtual currency, but it's ridiculously high. It's easier to pay with real currency, and even then why would you spend money on this when the title clearly says "Play4Free". I'm not saying that everything should be made free, or that we are entitled to free stuff. All I'm saying is that those who pay has a VERY HIGH advantage over those who don't. I'm glad the base game is free, cause if it wasn't, I would be much harsher than this review.

UPDATE: For some reason I can't start up the game, which is very strange since I had no problems is the past. What's happening, EA?
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    Generally speaking, I could not play correctly. So I must judge this game as game failure. I describe detail below.

- In my PC, many online games like Pangya, Phantasy Star Online 2 are working correctly. But, this game has many errors. For example, a message "LOADING" is being showed for a long time. - This game has little information. For example, I cannot get information which

- This game has little information. For example, I cannot get information which country I belong to. At Battlefield 1942, I could get more information. So Battlefield series is degenerating.

- My communication environment is 1.5 Mbps. So, my environment satisfies the recommended environment. But, the game stopped frequently. The recommended environment is falsehood.

- I looked at words "easy" in my display, so I thought that it is easy mode. But it meant "Easy Studios". It is ambiguous. They should have decided their company name seriously.

- There is not any operation manual.

- Black colored Icons like "SETTINGS" are described on black back-ground. So they are hard to find.

- At SETTING, there are many odd signs, like "-M0" and "sft". I cannot understand them.

- Every character in the game is too small to read.

- The game has very long time until the game starts. Maybe because of loading time. But, Battlefield 1942 multiplay can start soon. So, Battlefield series is degenerating.

- The following error occurs frequently. Although there is many space in my 4GByte memory.
    ----------------------------------------
    BFPlay4Free Memory Error memory.dll: all alloc attempts failed for size 2419200
    ----------------------------------------

- The game has an inferior system. For example, when loading time finished, already battle has started. I cannot understand the situation, or which team I belong to. At Battlefield 1942, when the loading time finished, the game never starts until I push a "Start" button. So, Battlefield series is degenerating.

- It is displayed an error message "LEAVING GAME" in the game, and I am suddenly returned to a title screen. The malfunction occurs frequently.
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    This game is very well made, it has helicopters, jets, jeeps, APC's, and tanks! It is a very fun FPS game. But it says "Play4Free" but you start out with the crappiest guns ever! so its wanting you to pay for the good guns. ive been playing for quite a while now, but now our of nowhere it says leaving game. and its pissing me off! its worth the download, and worth the money to pay forThis game is very well made, it has helicopters, jets, jeeps, APC's, and tanks! It is a very fun FPS game. But it says "Play4Free" but you start out with the crappiest guns ever! so its wanting you to pay for the good guns. ive been playing for quite a while now, but now our of nowhere it says leaving game. and its pissing me off! its worth the download, and worth the money to pay for guns etc. but play for about 3 months before buying funds. to make sure it wont kick you from the game for no reason. so download it and play4yourSelf Expand
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    realy nice game but, you cant buy much with points. if you dont pay you still have default clothes and i dont wanna pay. it would be better for players that dont have the money
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    Battlefield play4free is essentially Battlefield 2.5, it uses the battlefield 2 game engine but adds some interesting extras such as gun customisation. Unfotunately, the same bugs from BF2 carry over 8 years without being removed, that really sets the scene for how EA treats it's customers here.
    Honestly though, these gripes pale into comparison with the spawn system issues you have 2 choices, in battle or at base. If you choose in battle, it will spawn you repeatedly at the same point, often for multiple rounds, ignoring the fact that your team controls more than one flag. This creates a spawnkilling nirvana, so you will often find a team of 16 players with 10 snipers, all just sitting around the recognised current enemy spawnpoint, happily spawnkilling away and ignoring the other flags playing the objective isn't even on the cards.
    From the other side of this ridiculous spawn system you have the issue of trying to take the flag assuming you aren't a sniper and actually want to play the objective) you find yourself 1 guy against 16 as ALL the enemy will be spawning at the same point.

The devs really don't care as long as they are raking in the cash so my advice is to steer clear of this game for the sake of your sanity.
  6. Mar 9, 2015
    This game was great at 2011-12, since then it only went straight downwards. The developer doesn't bother to release any new maps (except for reworked and often really bad Rush maps), no news, nothing. The game is full of cheaters (wallhackers, aimbotters are daily bread), whiners, hackusators, people who smash team vehicles for fun and so on.
    But the main problem are class limiters and
    But the main problem are class limiters and level limiters and weapon limiters and I dont even know what else limiters. You spend connecting all the time (which is slow), then you get kicked because you happen to be sniper (which is probably the last class in form of influence on battle (for example engineer is far more important imo)), and then you take some other class, reload everything again, reconnect again and get kicked for some stupid weapon limitation for your gun (which you usually invested money to).
    Not to mention the constant repetition of the same maps (sharqui (rush) and oman, which gets boring reeealy fast. I know its not much problem of game developers, rather people who run the servers, but still... Avoid this game, used to be fun, now it's boring disaster and waste of time with no perspective.
  7. Dec 7, 2014
    pay to win. easy no play this game guys, pay, pay, when your have big money, and no problem cashing game this is for you. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  8. Feb 14, 2015
    An other pay-to-win , i can't understand why?, is battlefield. i hate it , is like you want a weapon you have to choose, or use hacks or spend all your fraking money! and away of the "micro" transactions, it's bad...
    and graphs like battlefield 2 ... ?!?!!??

1. Oct 20, 2011
    With graphics, gameplay and an approach to female gamers from the past, this game is just average. Battlefield: Play4Free is free to play, but my time is worth a lot more than this and I want my money back.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    Sink in some moolah or you'll struggle. [July 2011, p.93]
  3. Oct 20, 2011
    A decent core game despite its stripped down status.