Bionic Commando Rearmed PC

7.0

1. QuentinC.
    Jul 29, 2009
    This is one of the best videogame remakes out there. the graphics are amazing and the controls are just like they were on the NES. (with the additonal controls for the new features of course) multiplayer is awesome and is good for hours of fun. and the plot is a nice revamp of the original. the music is AMAZING! and the new powerups and bosses put a nice toutch on a game that was already This is one of the best videogame remakes out there. the graphics are amazing and the controls are just like they were on the NES. (with the additonal controls for the new features of course) multiplayer is awesome and is good for hours of fun. and the plot is a nice revamp of the original. the music is AMAZING! and the new powerups and bosses put a nice toutch on a game that was already awesome. and for the people with " frame skipping" on a computer that supposedly "can play the newest games" i think you need a lesson not only in what makes a good game, but in basic computer skills. Expand
  2. JohnL.
    Sep 4, 2008
    100% pure enjoyment. Had my misgivings but the the ratings were huge.. so I tried it and I get it. Games don't have to be epic when they are so perfectly realised.
  3. RafaelD.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Great remake , a dream for anyone who enjoy classics , and probably the first NES classic on HD !
  4. JonasT.
    Sep 4, 2008
    The multiplayer for this game is amazing fun, though it's disappointing that there is no online/network play. The singleplayer is a blast and the cheesy storyline works incredibly well. It takes a while to get used to the controls and the lack of a jump but, surprisingly, they actually work to its advantage. I look forward to the inevitable sequel, especially as there was talk it The multiplayer for this game is amazing fun, though it's disappointing that there is no online/network play. The singleplayer is a blast and the cheesy storyline works incredibly well. It takes a while to get used to the controls and the lack of a jump but, surprisingly, they actually work to its advantage. I look forward to the inevitable sequel, especially as there was talk it would include online play. Collapse
  5. MikeS.
    Aug 31, 2008
    For $15, I expect to have some misgivings, and even some acceptance of fatal flaws. BCR has little of either, it delivered what I wanted and kept what gave the old game it's flair. The music is pretty awesome too. And for a price that competes against it's oldschool predecessor, most 8 Bit Nintendo games were around $20s.
  6. QcChopper
    Aug 31, 2008
    I played and liked the classic NES game so I had to try this game. It's a good game, true to the original with some nice touches. The multiplayer aspect of the game is what does it for me. It's really a blast to play with friends.
  7. shanghaied
    Nov 3, 2008
    It's rare for a remake to simultaneously show due respect to it's origins while making itself relevant in the midst of modern technology and audiences. Bionic Commando rearmed accomplishes both. This is how classic remakes should be done.
  8. Oct 20, 2011
    simply put, if you like classic games from the NES and SNES era, you will love this game

i would rank it in my top 10 games of this decade, its simple, challenging, yet tirelessly addictive 10/10 for the soundtrack 10/10 for controls 10/10 for overall gameplay graphics imo are nothing special, but what do you expect from a sidescroller? its still very in-keeping with the retro 8-bit

10/10 for the soundtrack

10/10 for controls

10/10 for overall gameplay

graphics imo are nothing special, but what do you expect from a sidescroller? its still very in-keeping with the retro 8-bit theme, but the graphics are obviously far improved

alot of effort went into making this game, and it really shows

not to mention the multiplayer mode! its not the main feature of the game, but get 4 wireless 360 controllers hooked up to your rig and play against your friends, it always results in serious fun :D

and to add an extra challenge to the game, try playing coop on super difficulty! its rediculous!
  9. Oct 16, 2013
    It's a good game! I enjoyed it till the end! The controls felt a bit hard at the beginning, but this can be due to the fact that I never played this game before (the old version). This includes the area selection, I had problem going to 1 diagonal. My last complain is that the game on easy felt a bit difficult, apart from the bosses. But since I haven't played arcade games in a while, thisIt's a good game! I enjoyed it till the end! The controls felt a bit hard at the beginning, but this can be due to the fact that I never played this game before (the old version). This includes the area selection, I had problem going to 1 diagonal. My last complain is that the game on easy felt a bit difficult, apart from the bosses. But since I haven't played arcade games in a while, this can be only my problem.
    Except those little details, I had great fun! I really enjoyed the game, playing with my gf x]
  10. Dec 24, 2013
    Ups i thought i was in the 3D-bionic section when i wrote that earlier review which started like After completing the outstanding 'Bionic Commando: Rearmed', I was eager to see if Grin, the developer, could transfer the swing mechanic into the third-dimension. 8 hours later to beat the game on Hard difficulty, I can confirm they did. No other game does it better, n...."
  11. Dmitry.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Pure oldschool fun. Great music. Reminds me of Jets&Guns.

The soundtrack to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is a fantastic piece of work, a deft contemporary reworking of classic 8-bit NES tunes. In fact, it's so good that Capcom put it up for sale on the iTunes Store months ago to build hype for the game.
    From top to bottom, Bionic Commando Rearmed is an incredible game that's well worth owning.
  3. BCR is at once beautifully reminiscent of its era, and polished enough to be palatable to a modern audience. The core grappling and swinging mechanic is satisfying, the weapons a joy to wield and the levels are imaginatively designed.