6.3

1. Aug 15, 2013
    In direct response to a review by Captiosus, I will defend the merit of buying a season pass but also give a solid reason to include this DLC in your collection. First of all, BUY THE SEASON PASS. Why? BECAUSE IT INCLUDES THE BURIED AT SEA DLC, that's our man Dewitt with Elizabeth IN RAPTURE. Nuff said.

Now Clash in the Clouds. If you in anyway enjoy the concept of vigors, you'll

Now Clash in the Clouds. If you in anyway enjoy the concept of vigors, you'll enjoy this wave based DLC arena. If you're a fan of infinite and wish to play through it again to notice all those little details you missed in the beginning (which I highly recommend because you'll be beating yourself up on how you couldn't possibly notice the ending coming) then this DLC is right up your ally.
    Why?
    Because now you have the freedom of trying out different combat styles that you would otherwise have reserved in order to progress the plot. Shotgun Charge like Mass Effect? Explosives only loadout? Snipe every single head? You get to try these out in combat then hop back into Columbia and let loose on some story driven baddies.

I'll admit the fun of this DLC isn't really worth the stand alone price of 5 dollars. For that just go to the steam store and buy Knights of the Old Republic and enjoy an RPG with a story line by all means equal to Infinite.
    But if you're like me, and jumped the gun for the Season Pass. Hold on just a little longer, Buried at Sea will make it worth it and since Clash in the Clouds is already along for the ride, we can't just hate on it just because it allows us to experiment with tactical strategies now can't it?
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    The combat in Bioshock was never really any good. The fact that they made this DLC focus completely on combat means that it's not any good. Sure, it has its moments. I mean the combat isn't terrible, but there isn't anything particularly fun either. You go through 4 different arenas of 15 waves each, Your basic goal is to get a high score to compete with friends. Does anyone actually careThe combat in Bioshock was never really any good. The fact that they made this DLC focus completely on combat means that it's not any good. Sure, it has its moments. I mean the combat isn't terrible, but there isn't anything particularly fun either. You go through 4 different arenas of 15 waves each, Your basic goal is to get a high score to compete with friends. Does anyone actually care about high scores anymore? Each wave has a challenge which, if completed, will grant you bonus money and score. You use your money to upgrade weapons and vigors in between waves and also unlock artwork and models in the hub area. The bad part about this is if you fail a challenge, you can't retry the wave, you have to start all the way at the beginning of the arena. Also, if you die without buying a 1 time respawn thing, your score gets reset and you can't retry the wave. It's a poor mechanic meant to artificially inflate your game time. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    It's very much worth the $5, but it's not exactly the world's greatest DLC. It's a good time killer, and you get to tinker around with every weapon, vigor, their upgrades, different gear and skyline attacks to your liking, and even more so than in the original game itself if you want.

Because the gameplay is focused on just completing waves of enemies without any backing story, it can dry out pretty quickly. If you played the Borderlands DLC, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, you probably already know what I'm getting at. There are little unlockables you can get that help keep you playing, but it doesn't boost the DLC to any great heights.

There are some bugs that can occur in between waves that are very annoying and unavoidable, and I would have given this a 7 or 8 if not for that. Still, if you're an extreme BioShock fan, you'll enjoy it. I'm sure better DLC's will come along anyway.
  4. Jul 31, 2013
    The combat mechanics in Bioshock Infinite were widely lamented by critics and users alike as the worst element of the game. Gunplay and vigors were complained about as being clunky and an obstacle, but worth putting up with in order to experience the story and the characters. Meanwhile, purchasers of the game have been complaining that DLC is slow to come, though many defended the timeThe combat mechanics in Bioshock Infinite were widely lamented by critics and users alike as the worst element of the game. Gunplay and vigors were complained about as being clunky and an obstacle, but worth putting up with in order to experience the story and the characters. Meanwhile, purchasers of the game have been complaining that DLC is slow to come, though many defended the time frame because they had been led to believe by Irrational Games that all DLCs would be story-based (this only made sense as the game lacks multiplayer).

So the first DLC finally drops and it's a hackneyed horde mode containing no story elements and a focus on gunplay and vigors, the two elements of the game most lacking. Worse still, this $5 DLC is considered part of the Season Pass. It's clear this was a quick and dirty cash in by Irrational in order to placate the people complaining that they are taking too long to get DLC out the door.

Someone from Irrational Games, I can't remember whom at the moment, once stated that they had enough content cut from the game which could have constituted a full second game. It seemed implied that this content would end up being the story DLC. Given this lackluster first effort, I find myself wondering: Where's all that extra "cut" content? Were they just blowing smoke to sucker people into buying Season Passes?

Once again we see why buying Season Passes for vaguely promised content sight unseen is a bad idea.
  5. Aug 26, 2015
    Pretty good DLC. Short but good. Worth only when bought with Season Pass. I got a good 5 hours out of it but I didn`t care about the ribbons.To anyone interested in it I`d recommend doing Clash in the Clouds before the main game playthrough. Here the player gets aquainted with combat a lot quicker yet it is still gradual. You get 5 different maps, each with 15 waves of various enemies. YouPretty good DLC. Short but good. Worth only when bought with Season Pass. I got a good 5 hours out of it but I didn`t care about the ribbons.To anyone interested in it I`d recommend doing Clash in the Clouds before the main game playthrough. Here the player gets aquainted with combat a lot quicker yet it is still gradual. You get 5 different maps, each with 15 waves of various enemies. You collect money plus special blue ribbons for meeting requirements ex. kill one wave using shotgun only. There is no difficulty setting, so it is quite hard, especially at first when all you have is standard health/shield/vigor/equipment. The maps are great for combat arenas, so you can use multiple combat styles. Eventually when you beat all the levels you get to compete on the leaderboards - not my cup of tea though. There`s a room where you can unlock some songs, some pics and development stage concept art - quite interesting but there`s only few of them. That is all there is.Since this is a separate DLC, a higher score cannot be justified. Expand
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    For 5$, I don't think you could go wrong. It's a fun horde mode offering lots of content (4 maps of 15 waves, with several challenges and enemy variety) in terms of gameplay. But, that's exactly the problem with this add-on. No story mode. This is a story driven game. The gameplay is usable, but nothing special, and can be repetitive at time. However, for 5 dollars, I have to say the DLCFor 5$, I don't think you could go wrong. It's a fun horde mode offering lots of content (4 maps of 15 waves, with several challenges and enemy variety) in terms of gameplay. But, that's exactly the problem with this add-on. No story mode. This is a story driven game. The gameplay is usable, but nothing special, and can be repetitive at time. However, for 5 dollars, I have to say the DLC is worth it. Expand

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is a fun additive for the original game, but it’s not what Bioshock fans had hoped for. The collectors’ items in the museum are a good idea and it’s fun to look around, but this is not the DLC we were expecting.
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is not exactly what we expected from the first Bioshock Infinite DLC. Anyawy it’s an intriguing DLC that shows one of the best horde modes around.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    The four challenge maps will get a little tiresome for all but the most competitive players after a couple of hours, and unless you have friends on the leaderboard that you’re trying to beat it’s a small distraction at best.