6.1

1. Jul 31, 2013
    The combat mechanics in Bioshock Infinite were widely lamented by critics and users alike as the worst element of the game. Gunplay and vigors were complained about as being clunky and an obstacle, but worth putting up with in order to experience the story and the characters. Meanwhile, purchasers of the game have been complaining that DLC is slow to come, though many defended the timeThe combat mechanics in Bioshock Infinite were widely lamented by critics and users alike as the worst element of the game. Gunplay and vigors were complained about as being clunky and an obstacle, but worth putting up with in order to experience the story and the characters. Meanwhile, purchasers of the game have been complaining that DLC is slow to come, though many defended the time frame because they had been led to believe by Irrational Games that all DLCs would be story-based (this only made sense as the game lacks multiplayer).

So the first DLC finally drops and it's a hackneyed horde mode containing no story elements and a focus on gunplay and vigors, the two elements of the game most lacking. Worse still, this $5 DLC is considered part of the Season Pass. It's clear this was a quick and dirty cash in by Irrational in order to placate the people complaining that they are taking too long to get DLC out the door.

Someone from Irrational Games, I can't remember whom at the moment, once stated that they had enough content cut from the game which could have constituted a full second game. It seemed implied that this content would end up being the story DLC. Given this lackluster first effort, I find myself wondering: Where's all that extra "cut" content? Were they just blowing smoke to sucker people into buying Season Passes?

Once again we see why buying Season Passes for vaguely promised content sight unseen is a bad idea.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    This is why we all hate DLC: lured blindly into buying something we presume to be an expansion upon the original. Especially following the hype of the Season Pass and further story driven content! Don't know about the rest of you, but Nowhere in the Description did it mention that *You’d start out naked as Adam: stripped (or rather, prevented, from utilizing your hard-earned inventory) ofThis is why we all hate DLC: lured blindly into buying something we presume to be an expansion upon the original. Especially following the hype of the Season Pass and further story driven content! Don't know about the rest of you, but Nowhere in the Description did it mention that *You’d start out naked as Adam: stripped (or rather, prevented, from utilizing your hard-earned inventory) of guns, vigors, and infusions…only to endure 60 (yes, sixty!) waves of VoxPopDuckHunt and, for no greater gain than to earn them back. Worse, when I heard that the first Bio.Inf.DLC ad-on arrived on XLive, I raced to ‘S-Mart’, dropped twenty four bucks (yeah, 2000 points remain in my inventory, but that’s beside the point) just to get the 400 points needed to download. Should have used the points (a.k.a. Money!) to purchase that Dead Space theme art for my console. [Dear Xbox Live: PLEASE ALLOW COMMENTARY ON ALL DLC, on the Network, SO WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE BUYING.] Expand
  3. Aug 15, 2013
    In direct response to a review by Captiosus, I will defend the merit of buying a season pass but also give a solid reason to include this DLC in your collection. First of all, BUY THE SEASON PASS. Why? BECAUSE IT INCLUDES THE BURIED AT SEA DLC, that's our man Dewitt with Elizabeth IN RAPTURE. Nuff said.

Now Clash in the Clouds. If you in anyway enjoy the concept of vigors, you'll

Now Clash in the Clouds. If you in anyway enjoy the concept of vigors, you'll enjoy this wave based DLC arena. If you're a fan of infinite and wish to play through it again to notice all those little details you missed in the beginning (which I highly recommend because you'll be beating yourself up on how you couldn't possibly notice the ending coming) then this DLC is right up your ally.
    Why?
    Because now you have the freedom of trying out different combat styles that you would otherwise have reserved in order to progress the plot. Shotgun Charge like Mass Effect? Explosives only loadout? Snipe every single head? You get to try these out in combat then hop back into Columbia and let loose on some story driven baddies.

I'll admit the fun of this DLC isn't really worth the stand alone price of 5 dollars. For that just go to the steam store and buy Knights of the Old Republic and enjoy an RPG with a story line by all means equal to Infinite.
    But if you're like me, and jumped the gun for the Season Pass. Hold on just a little longer, Buried at Sea will make it worth it and since Clash in the Clouds is already along for the ride, we can't just hate on it just because it allows us to experiment with tactical strategies now can't it?
  4. Aug 3, 2013
    For a $5 DLC this is a great time killer to play while waiting for the story driven Bioshock Infinite DLC. If it had cost more I would have given it a lower score. Pretty much you fight waves of enemies across 4 different maps. There are challenges to complete and after each wave you unlock items. you earn a score and cash during the matches which you can use to purchase Vigor of WeaponFor a $5 DLC this is a great time killer to play while waiting for the story driven Bioshock Infinite DLC. If it had cost more I would have given it a lower score. Pretty much you fight waves of enemies across 4 different maps. There are challenges to complete and after each wave you unlock items. you earn a score and cash during the matches which you can use to purchase Vigor of Weapon upgrades or you can purchase items to place in a museum showcase. The addition of the leader boards was a nice touch. It is part 1 of a 3 part $30 Season pass its Value on its own is $5. I expect the next 2 DLCs for Bioshock Infinite to have more content if they wish to justify a higher price. Expand
  5. Aug 28, 2013
    This is not exactly the kind of content I would think most Bioshock fans would want, nor myself, and that is why I am not shocked about the negative reviews. But I cannot deny that for 5 bucks they offered up a decent experience.
    If this was a stand-alone game without the Bioshock tag, it would be a huge hit, a 10/10 for its price. But its not. It is DLC for another game with a base price of 40 bucks, and the people who purchased Bioshock were not expecting content of this kind.
    So if I were to rate this purely off content and gameplay over the price it would be a 10/10, but I am considering the fact that this was included in the season pass, and had a lot of people thought that the season pass would contain an arena/horde mode, they probably would not have bought it. I definitely did not personally expect this kind of content from a Bioshock game when I dropped 20 bucks for the season pass.
    Despite the decent experience, I have been unable to figure out any possible way of resetting the progress of the DLC which is just annoying since I made a few experimental choices when first starting, and cant undo them.
    Slashed a point for creating content as part of the season pass that they should have known Bioshock fans would not find very desirable, and a point for making it impossible to reset your progress without altering game files, which if you have Steam is against tos.
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    It's very much worth the $5, but it's not exactly the world's greatest DLC. It's a good time killer, and you get to tinker around with every weapon, vigor, their upgrades, different gear and skyline attacks to your liking, and even more so than in the original game itself if you want.

Because the gameplay is focused on just completing waves of enemies without any backing story, it can dry out pretty quickly. If you played the Borderlands DLC, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, you probably already know what I'm getting at. There are little unlockables you can get that help keep you playing, but it doesn't boost the DLC to any great heights.

There are some bugs that can occur in between waves that are very annoying and unavoidable, and I would have given this a 7 or 8 if not for that. Still, if you're an extreme BioShock fan, you'll enjoy it. I'm sure better DLC's will come along anyway.
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is not exactly what I expected from the first Bioshock Infinite DLC. Anyway it’s an intriguing DLC that shows one of the best horde modes around.
  8. Oct 5, 2013
    @Big_Smella: You're an idiot, you're just complaining non sense. It WAS WELL KNOWN that the first DLC for Bioshock Infinite would be a non story driven one, if you're a retarded it's not developers' fault. You whiny little idiot.
  9. Sep 22, 2014
    The combat in Bioshock was never really any good. The fact that they made this DLC focus completely on combat means that it's not any good. Sure, it has its moments. I mean the combat isn't terrible, but there isn't anything particularly fun either. You go through 4 different arenas of 15 waves each, Your basic goal is to get a high score to compete with friends. Does anyone actually careThe combat in Bioshock was never really any good. The fact that they made this DLC focus completely on combat means that it's not any good. Sure, it has its moments. I mean the combat isn't terrible, but there isn't anything particularly fun either. You go through 4 different arenas of 15 waves each, Your basic goal is to get a high score to compete with friends. Does anyone actually care about high scores anymore? Each wave has a challenge which, if completed, will grant you bonus money and score. You use your money to upgrade weapons and vigors in between waves and also unlock artwork and models in the hub area. The bad part about this is if you fail a challenge, you can't retry the wave, you have to start all the way at the beginning of the arena. Also, if you die without buying a 1 time respawn thing, your score gets reset and you can't retry the wave. It's a poor mechanic meant to artificially inflate your game time. Expand
  10. Dec 4, 2014
    For the price, this is a fantastic DLC. New maps and 60 challenges. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 9/10 - excellent as the original game
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - satisfying gameplay, great replay value
    3. Extras: 7/10 - museum with unlockable content and story tidbits

Overall, amazing DLC.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    There's alot of hate going around about this dlc, but you know what? For just 5 bucks, I had fun. If you enjoyed the excellent combat system of Infinite, or simply want to check out the sweet developer art and easter eggs in the museum, then I'd recommend it.
  12. Aug 31, 2013
    This DLC is $5, is it worth the money? This is a great expansion for Bioshock and a lot of people will be happy with the results. It pitches you with a choice of 4 maps to play on that are new, they look amazing. When you enter you will be in hoard mode and you must make it through the rounds on different difficulty levels. If you do a good job you'll get a blue ribbon which will give youThis DLC is $5, is it worth the money? This is a great expansion for Bioshock and a lot of people will be happy with the results. It pitches you with a choice of 4 maps to play on that are new, they look amazing. When you enter you will be in hoard mode and you must make it through the rounds on different difficulty levels. If you do a good job you'll get a blue ribbon which will give you virtual money which you can spend on random items to decorate the menu system, which is pretty badly design, like a Fable 3 menu system. You have to walk up to individual maps to select them, it takes way too long and can become tiresome. But that's a small complaint. You can also pick which enemy types you can go against. This will take you only a few hours to complete. But it's only $5, so go out an buy it! Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    Mindless fun and shooting for hours and hours, plus lots of content and story information at the archaeological society. Different challenge maps will keep you interested and challenged for hours on end. Well the $4.99.
  14. Feb 22, 2014
    For 5$, I don't think you could go wrong. It's a fun horde mode offering lots of content (4 maps of 15 waves, with several challenges and enemy variety) in terms of gameplay. But, that's exactly the problem with this add-on. No story mode. This is a story driven game. The gameplay is usable, but nothing special, and can be repetitive at time. However, for 5 dollars, I have to say the DLCFor 5$, I don't think you could go wrong. It's a fun horde mode offering lots of content (4 maps of 15 waves, with several challenges and enemy variety) in terms of gameplay. But, that's exactly the problem with this add-on. No story mode. This is a story driven game. The gameplay is usable, but nothing special, and can be repetitive at time. However, for 5 dollars, I have to say the DLC is worth it. Expand
  15. Jun 30, 2014
    You should buy this in the season pass, that way it has a higher value
    It is a great mode if you enjoyed the fighting mechanics and unlocking things (which i love to do)
    You start from zero, given every weapon to choose each wave and you earn money to upgrade them or buy new vigors (or upgrades for them). You can also use the money to unlock kinetoscopes

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is a fun additive for the original game, but it’s not what Bioshock fans had hoped for. The collectors’ items in the museum are a good idea and it’s fun to look around, but this is not the DLC we were expecting.
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is not exactly what we expected from the first Bioshock Infinite DLC. Anyawy it’s an intriguing DLC that shows one of the best horde modes around.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    The four challenge maps will get a little tiresome for all but the most competitive players after a couple of hours, and unless you have friends on the leaderboard that you’re trying to beat it’s a small distraction at best.