8.5

1. May 13, 2013
    This game is a very intriguing game, however, the actual gameplay isn't all that great. An FPS has to be mostly rated on the action experience. Nevertheless, a great storyline, good experience, and barely overrated is overrated at all.
  2. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think that this game was great though a little easy and you were in the clouds the clouds and clombia was great but the game couldve been longer and couldve made more sence about the story like the cage i think theres another ending Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is like a party which seems great at the time that the hard partying is taking place, but once the clock strikes midnight and you get back home you wonder why you were enjoying yourself so much. The gunplay is very satisfying as the weapons ping and pang on all fronts. Coupled with the vigors this makes for a brutal and adrenaline fuelled murderous bonanza. Graphics are wonderful, as is the voice acting (esp. the guy playing Booker.) The AI of the enemies is good and Elizabeth is a technological marvel as she never gets in your way and responds rapidly to the situation at hand.

The plot (whilst being lauded by most of the population) is really contrived and didn't do it for me. If you want to get bent in the mind (tastefully) then go read Asimov or Bradbury. There were signs along the way that seemed to point to where it was heading... When you did eventually get there it wasn't particularly satisfying or eye-opening.
    ---
    SPOILER
    To sum up the plot in one sentence It is what is(n't).

That's all.
    ---

As a gaming experience Infinite is masterfully executed and heaps of fun but I wish it didn't take it's own stupid plot so damn seriously. There is little replay value but you will find yourself being drawn in that crucial first time around.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    A masterpiece, here is not just to shoot silhouettes soulless.
    Magnificent story, artistically speaking is wonderful audio, graphics, history, design everything.
    This is the future of video games.
  5. Aug 3, 2013
    Only the begin of the game say's much, with only a few words. The storyline is what make's this game be taken by most as game of the year at the half of the year. The game's storyline makes you feel even more amazed by playing the game another time knowing what is going to happen. Combat needs to be improved, you can't ignore it, you only have two guns and the vigors are not so useful asOnly the begin of the game say's much, with only a few words. The storyline is what make's this game be taken by most as game of the year at the half of the year. The game's storyline makes you feel even more amazed by playing the game another time knowing what is going to happen. Combat needs to be improved, you can't ignore it, you only have two guns and the vigors are not so useful as it seems ata a first look. But it's the ending of the game what makes you really think about the game months after finishing it. Expand
  6. May 17, 2013
    The story and characters deserve a perfect 10. Unfortunately, I can't say the game for gameplay. It is only so-so, and I even found myself bored at times (and I've played my share of shooters in my life). The combat, despite others' claims, is not that diverse. I found myself going through the game using only 2 powers and 2 of my favorite guns. Combat areas feel small and scripted, and ofThe story and characters deserve a perfect 10. Unfortunately, I can't say the game for gameplay. It is only so-so, and I even found myself bored at times (and I've played my share of shooters in my life). The combat, despite others' claims, is not that diverse. I found myself going through the game using only 2 powers and 2 of my favorite guns. Combat areas feel small and scripted, and of the interesting confrontations there is only a handful. I also had to crank up the difficulty to Hard because the combat was a bit too easy. While there are some really awesome moments when fighting some of the tougher enemies, I didn't feel very excited about playing the game. What really drove me forward was the desire to advance the story. Elizabeth, you (Booker DeWitt), and the supporting cast of characters are thoroughly fleshed out. The quality of dialogue and acting puts many movies to shame. The story is very interesting and the ending is just breathtaking. Starting this game without finishing should be a punishable offense. It is a beautifully crafted epic with gritty undertones (racism, Americanism, and such) and a complex structure. Now if the gameplay was just on par with the story... Expand
  7. May 18, 2013
    I was very shocked when I played this game. I loved the first 2 Bioshock games and thought they were incredible! It may have been the floating city that turned me off Bioshock Infinite. I just completed the game and will say this is one my top 10 games I have ever played. There hasn't been a game in awhile (2 years) that really captivated me into it's story and game play. Infinite was aI was very shocked when I played this game. I loved the first 2 Bioshock games and thought they were incredible! It may have been the floating city that turned me off Bioshock Infinite. I just completed the game and will say this is one my top 10 games I have ever played. There hasn't been a game in awhile (2 years) that really captivated me into it's story and game play. Infinite was a fantastic mix of fps with a small bit of an rpg element. I was very pleased at how well done they had done Elizabeth. When I realized that I would be taking her around the place for 90% of the game I thought this was gonna be another resident evil 4. However the fact that she can't get downed is fantastic and then she chucks ammo and salts at you. I was rather confused at the end though, could anyone help me out by emailing me here (austendcmccoleman@hotmail.com) Very pleased with this game can not wait for the sequel! Expand
  8. May 18, 2013
    A must have for any collector. A visual novel playing out with its own musical number. This is the game that should define the standard for any developing game. Bioshock Infinite will have you wanting more. "If you can't shine on them with brilliance, baffle them with intelligence."
  9. May 19, 2013
    Gameplay wise, this game is great and you wish it never stopped. It's action packed and exciting to play, although some parts I believe to be a bit repetitive. The story is mostly fun to follow until a few parts I don't want to spoil, I fond a bit...stupid? The ending itself was kid of disappointing and weird. Overall this game was actually fun to play and very enjoyable.
  10. May 19, 2013
    Comecei a jogar não sabendo nada a respeito do roteiro, o que ajudou (e muito!) a me fazer um grande FANÁTICO por esse jogo. Roteiro estranho, mas muito bem pensado, daqueles que te deixam pensando por vários dias. Tentar entender o roteiro difícil, absurdamente complicado, como um cubo mágico que se aprende os códigos mas não se sabe por qual lado começar a montar. E nisso eles merecemComecei a jogar não sabendo nada a respeito do roteiro, o que ajudou (e muito!) a me fazer um grande FANÁTICO por esse jogo. Roteiro estranho, mas muito bem pensado, daqueles que te deixam pensando por vários dias. Tentar entender o roteiro difícil, absurdamente complicado, como um cubo mágico que se aprende os códigos mas não se sabe por qual lado começar a montar. E nisso eles merecem 100! Quer um game de pura ação e tiros? Talvez vá se decepcionar. Bioshock Infinite abriu a minha mente, conseguiu inovar usando a direção de arte e o roteiro como armas e sem dúvida alguma: vai permanecer como um marco na história dos games. Expand
  11. May 20, 2013
    one of the or the best shooter ive played in years AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! must buy in my opinion simple as that PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please make more
  12. May 20, 2013
    Bioshock offers a combination of a thrilling story and a rich world. An outstanding game in terms of plot and characters. Offers different perspectives of world and a not trivial ending. Best game ever
  13. May 24, 2013
    BioShock in 2013 much more adult and integral work than ever before. The game got rid of unnecessary conventions, such as the silent hero, the need for moral choice, and other mini-games with locks, and therefore become easier rather than because it has moved from the closed spaces under the vault of heaven. There was more to life details and events, and the action does not stop for aBioShock in 2013 much more adult and integral work than ever before. The game got rid of unnecessary conventions, such as the silent hero, the need for moral choice, and other mini-games with locks, and therefore become easier rather than because it has moved from the closed spaces under the vault of heaven. There was more to life details and events, and the action does not stop for a second. Infinite is not even perceived as a game, an adventure, a different life, or even (almost spoiler!) Several lives. It's a great story that can and should live on their own, and in which all converge together what is love video games in general. Expand
  14. May 23, 2013
    While I enjoyed the style of the game, the clever addition of modernity, and yes, even the story, there were definitely certain things I didn't like. Vigors you don't even touch, no physical changes to the weapons you've modded, VERY linear, and despite being a city, it felt empty and not the slightest bit creepy. The plot to me was like a top at the apex of it's spin. Intriguing at theWhile I enjoyed the style of the game, the clever addition of modernity, and yes, even the story, there were definitely certain things I didn't like. Vigors you don't even touch, no physical changes to the weapons you've modded, VERY linear, and despite being a city, it felt empty and not the slightest bit creepy. The plot to me was like a top at the apex of it's spin. Intriguing at the beginning, it slowly spins out of control and falls. Things were not quite as neatly wrapped up for me as what I had been expecting, based on the first BioShock. While it was something I didn't see coming, it wasn't quite enough for me.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance of the first BioShock, and the main characters were excellent. Infinite however seems bright and sunny all day long, and aside from the beginning "tutorial" very empty of life. The Voxophone messages didn't even give any hint into the regular life of this city like in the previous games.
    And as a little pet peeve, I was pretty much forced to use the guns they wanted me to. I had modded up a few guns to their max, but was always running out of ammo and forced to switch up, using guns I hadn't bothered to mod. And while some may say I suck at playing, I found the fights with a particular spirit to be absolutelyridiculous, to the point where I just died... over and over and over just to whittle away any bit of health I could between deaths...or maybe I was just using the wrong, non-modded gun.
    Overall, I was happy to see another BioShock game, even if it didn't quite feel the same. No regrets buying or playing
  15. Jun 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, Some people say brilliant, I say Master piece. I can't say much about the game other then that if I do it would only spoil the intensity of experiencing the game for ones' self. its a must own and a must play.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    So lets keep this test now with a bit of distance after playing it through for about 2 Months.

Story: The story is simply the best that we currently have on the market. Even though not all Characters are perfectly described the story lets us feel the emotions and things that come with the plots in the game. Also it has one of the best Endings I have ever seen in a game and most of

Story:

Also it has one of the best Endings I have ever seen in a game and most of the audience had a really hard WTF moment afterwards with lots of room for explain the ending in your own understandings.

Audio:

From the audio side the game is pretty solid. I played it with German synchronization which usually is not the best, but in this case it was very well done. Also the weapon Sounds and in general the perfectly written and played dialogues were on a high level.

Gameplay:

So from here on we come to the part where Bioshock Infinite suffers in my opinions. So the gameplay for a shooter is also very solid, but does not come with any groundbreaking new mechanics or stuff. The only thing that makes at least a bit of a difference is the ability to hook on the air rails and thats all.
    On PC you have the advantage that your Vigors are placed on the 1-0 keys but the lack of getting them sorted as you wish makes it a bit complicated to play with them. Although if you play it with gamepad you have the same issue as console gamers and will propably only use up to 2 or 3 Vigors.
    So there is the next critics. The Vigors are basically useless! Also they are not captured in any describing story element.

Graphics:

So this is the thing what makes me mad when thinking afterwards about the game and its competition on the Shooter Market.
    Irrational Games has in fact tricked us! Not in a really bad way, but they put a comic look onto the game which allowed them to work with poor textures being covered by eyecatchers like the fog and the bright statues and the story. If we would analyze the graphics we would see, that this game looks really bad in comparison to f.e. Battlefield3, Far Cry 3 or Metro Last Light.
    Anyways for the ability to trick us I can accept that as excuse ^^.

Verdict:

If I was asked if Bioshock Infinite is a must play game I'd definitivly answer with yes.
    If I was asked if Bioshock is the game of the year until now, I'd definitivly decline it!
    For me this is an awesome game but I want to stay honest. So for me Metro Last Light is almost at the same Meta Score, becauseit makes everything that Bioshock has not done well much better, and if we focus on the genre Bioshock lags in almost every Shooter relevant topic! Story was never the relevant topic of a shooter but Bioshock made it relevant in his case!
  17. Jun 22, 2013
    I had to read up to understand the ending but you really have to play the game twice to understand it all. The middle of the game gets repetitive as most games do but it all connects to the story. Similar to writing an essay a good thesis hooks you in the middle explains everything and the ending sums it all up. Basically if you are looking for a game with a great story play this game, ifI had to read up to understand the ending but you really have to play the game twice to understand it all. The middle of the game gets repetitive as most games do but it all connects to the story. Similar to writing an essay a good thesis hooks you in the middle explains everything and the ending sums it all up. Basically if you are looking for a game with a great story play this game, if you want a Call of Duty like shooter this is not the game for you. Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    I absolutely enjoyed this game. I did miss the splicers and the underwater atmosphere. I wasn't scared playing this game, which I was while playing the original game. I still recommend this game, it's beautiful, the story is amazing. I fell in love with the characters and was rooting for them. The fighting mechanics were fun, but nothing revolutionary from the original. I didn't mind theI absolutely enjoyed this game. I did miss the splicers and the underwater atmosphere. I wasn't scared playing this game, which I was while playing the original game. I still recommend this game, it's beautiful, the story is amazing. I fell in love with the characters and was rooting for them. The fighting mechanics were fun, but nothing revolutionary from the original. I didn't mind the wave after wave of enemies, because I enjoyed experimenting with my different abilities. I still think about this game daily, when I hear music on commercials I'm right back in the game, just like I feel with fallout and elder scrolls. So all and all this game is worth the play. Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2013
    I can't remember the last time I got a game I literally couldn't put down. I spent the better part of two days completely engrossed in the story, the scenery, the characters, everything. Everything from combat to searching every nook and cranny for Voxophones and silver eagles was absolutely fun. My only regret is not buying it the moment it launched.
  20. Jun 16, 2013
    Irrational Games have done it again with imersive graphics, amazing and quirky characters, a vibrant and interesting world and a gripping story.
    Bioshock Infinite is a one of a kind game Elizabeth is one of my favorite character in gaming yet. The gameplay gives you choice, you can tackle each task however you want.
    If you have a good enough pc rig to run Bioshock then get the pc
    If you have a good enough pc rig to run Bioshock then get the pc version.
    But if you get the console version you'll still get the same great game just with a lower frame rate.
    Overall: 10/10
  21. Jul 18, 2013
    Ignore any ones bad reviews about this game the story in this game is better than most movies the combat is fun and while there are some problems only being able to hold two guns it is still enjoyable the developers focused more on story and they nailed Elizabeth is great the game doesn't feel like one big escort mission she is helpful and never gets in the way
  22. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  23. Jun 29, 2013
    It has been a long time since I enjoyed a game so much that it sticks in your mind. Ocarina of time did that, along with Sands of time, Half Life 2, Beyond Good and Evil, and Bioshock 1. But since 2008 I have played many games, some which were critically acclaimed to be a masterpiece, some which were immensely popular.

I enjoyed those games, but since the original bioshock, not a

I enjoyed those games, but since the original bioshock, not a single game impressed me enough to enter my top 5. (mentioned above) And to be honest, I wasent that impressed by the countless trailers and gameplay vids of this game.... It just felt like a scripted piece of junk.

Man, was I wrong..... Because Bioshock infinite has not only entered my top 5, it also made my jaw drop many times.

Lets get one thing clear, This is not what you would expect from a game with 'shock' in its name. Its not scary, or a survival shooter. It provides you with a completely different experience, and that is why its so good.

From the moment you open the gates to Columbia, you will be so lost in this game that you will never want to stop playing. Yes, its a slow shooter with a lot of emphasis on exploration and experimentation. But thats exactly what I want from a bioshock game. You will be confused, lost and puzzled. You will try to piece together different events with the help of audio logs and your personal interpretation. You will try to experiment with vigors all the time. My favorite was using devils kiss to throw a grenade and then using murderous crows to use burning crows on the enemies.

But its not the gameplay that hooked me. It was the characters, the outstanding setting of the game, and of course The story. Let me tell you, This is the best story I have experienced in a first person shooter ever. And I have played a lot, seriously A LOT... Elizabeth and the Lutece twins will always be my favorites. And the way the the game concludes: Holy s***....

However this game isn't for everybody. If you hated the first bioshock, there's no way you will enjoy this one. Also if you hate backtracking, "your princess is in another castle" moments, and collection quests, understand that these has been the normal features in the shock series since the legendary System Shock 2, and if you hate these things to death, please don't play this game.

But that being said, Bioshock Infinite is a spectacular achievement in terms of storytelling, characters and the setting a game can present us with. For me, I enjoyed it even more than its acclaimed predecessor.
  24. Jul 22, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I have played so far. It is a bit narrative heavy if that sort of thing bothers you, I would still recommend that you get it. It is highly engaging and more than worth the $30 I played for it. It is not at all repetitive as many shooters can become. Furthermore you get dispatch minions with a buzz saw made of hooks...enough said
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    I played the game before, and I just watched a playthrough of it. It has the most beautiful story ever. Everyone should play it. I like the gameplay too. Some people had problems with the combat, I didn't, I really liked it; I usually don't play first person shooters, I don't really like them, but in this game, I enjoyed it. Best ending ever, best game ever, 10/10.
  26. Jul 9, 2013
    The world of Columbia is absolutely beautiful detailed and creative you will stop every 5 minutes to admire it. The characters have a strong personality and the story is rich, satisfying and it touches on many different themes with a strong and satisfying ending. What makes the game play unique are the skylines and the tears which offer fluid and dynamic action and adds strategicThe world of Columbia is absolutely beautiful detailed and creative you will stop every 5 minutes to admire it. The characters have a strong personality and the story is rich, satisfying and it touches on many different themes with a strong and satisfying ending. What makes the game play unique are the skylines and the tears which offer fluid and dynamic action and adds strategic elements. Elizabeth's A.I. and personality are resourceful and makes her a solid companion. But songbird is an interesting character and I wanted to know more about him he's not properly used. There's not that many puzzles as the first one had the choices you make won't affect the ending in the original there was 3 endings in this one there is only 1. Recycled boss fights and useless gear. Expand
  27. Aug 3, 2013
    One of the best games in my life trully a masterpiece. There wasn't before in my life a game which I still think about after 5 months of finishing it. One sad thing after you finish it you now that something one of a kind is gone forever...
  28. Jul 8, 2013
    This is a beautiful, greatly written and greatly executed game. From the moment you begin to the minute you finish, it is fun, gripping, mind boggling, even scary at times but overall an almost perfect game, did lack exploration and freedom of choice but the storyline and ending are so damn good.
  29. Jul 9, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game. Characters and environments are beautifully designed. Game is perfectly scripted every minute is another solution, and it does not overshadow a gameplay on a contary, it makes it more dynamic. Voice acting is also splendid you can hear real emotions in it. Gameplay reminds first Bioshock, but it is much more dynamic and open. Even if it's not aBioshock Infinite is a fantastic game. Characters and environments are beautifully designed. Game is perfectly scripted every minute is another solution, and it does not overshadow a gameplay on a contary, it makes it more dynamic. Voice acting is also splendid you can hear real emotions in it. Gameplay reminds first Bioshock, but it is much more dynamic and open. Even if it's not a sandbox, game is very big and it has lots of entertaining details in it. All in all, i agree with the theory: Yes, Bioshock Infinite is an electronic entertainment Messiah! Expand
  30. Jul 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am confused that people can give this game less than a 7. IMO the story telling in this game is close to being a masterpiece. yes there are strange plot holes, but there always are when you start crossing dimensions. Gameplay is close to stellar for me, it has a great mix of run and gun and gives you nice tactical approach with Elizabeth's powers if need be. And how can people say this game looks bad graphically? Do you have your eyes shut when you play?? The art styling just oozes charisma along with Booker, Elizabeth and Comstock.

If your like me and love a great storyline, are not in it to 100% the game or beat it on the highest level and just want to enjoy a world in all its glory. Infinite is about the best thing your going to get for a very long time. I rate this game as high as Half life 2. YES I SAID IT!
  31. Jul 15, 2013
    A very entertaining story-driven game which is thoroughly enjoyable. However, the gameplay seemed a bit repetitive and tedious sometimes, despite its relative depth. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next and didn't care much for all that fighting. Overall, a great experience and a great story, without too many glaring plot holes even though the setting had to be quiteA very entertaining story-driven game which is thoroughly enjoyable. However, the gameplay seemed a bit repetitive and tedious sometimes, despite its relative depth. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next and didn't care much for all that fighting. Overall, a great experience and a great story, without too many glaring plot holes even though the setting had to be quite complex to work with. Expand
  32. Jul 15, 2013
    Good game in general with very nice scenes but too short. Also I had the feeling that the battles are a little bit empty.

I thing it would be much better with one more year of development.
  33. Jul 15, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the best of the BioShock games, and arguably the best rail-shooter (literally) of its generation. This is not an open world game, although it does a better job than most of its ilk in allowing some exploratory freedom and side-questing in its various zones. As a shooter it is above average, although with some annoying quibbles, particularly involving Sky-Lines and theBioShock Infinite is the best of the BioShock games, and arguably the best rail-shooter (literally) of its generation. This is not an open world game, although it does a better job than most of its ilk in allowing some exploratory freedom and side-questing in its various zones. As a shooter it is above average, although with some annoying quibbles, particularly involving Sky-Lines and the collision detection of some of the Vigors. None of that really detracts from what is a remarkable story line with some of the best realized characters of this generation. Elizabeth is not only unforgettable, but makes for an excellent side-kick in gameplay mechanics as well. There is little else to say, but buy this game, especially during the season of summer sales. Grab the other two BioShocks while you are at it. Expand
  34. Jul 16, 2013
    Game is OK. When I saw a 94 on reviews I thought I had to buy it, but I am disappointed to see it's not that good. Really overrated. If you want a casual shooter, buy when it has discount. But you can definitively can live without it.
  35. Jul 17, 2013
    Let me start off by saying this game caught me completely off guard. I had seen the trailers for this game and being a semi-steam-punk fan I needed to give it a whirl. And i can overall sum up my experience in 2 words, "loved it". The skillfully progresses from being a run-of-the-mill shooter with barely any back story but slowly progresses into a masterpiece full of elements like timeLet me start off by saying this game caught me completely off guard. I had seen the trailers for this game and being a semi-steam-punk fan I needed to give it a whirl. And i can overall sum up my experience in 2 words, "loved it". The skillfully progresses from being a run-of-the-mill shooter with barely any back story but slowly progresses into a masterpiece full of elements like time travel, quantum mechanics and the love/loyalty between a father and sun. Booker Dewitt and Elizabeth make a beautiful team as the slowly find out about the people around them and themselves. The Lutece's in this game add a hilarious satirical humor to quantum physics, and could easily inspire people to become interested in the subject. The game play is nothing short of a good FPS game and Elizabeth's ability to give you health, coins and ammo help rid of the giant escort mission feel that might have appeared otherwise which this game is not. It is shy of a ten since the story is a bit hard to understand on its own and some glitches here and there that keep it away from being "The Perfect Game". Nevertheless I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Bioshock Infinite as soon as you get the chance. Expand
  36. Jul 20, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is definitely one of the best fps games that I have ever played. The only thing that I don't like about the game is that I had a lot of ammo trouble, and patriots and rocket people take way too many shots to kill, even in the head.
  37. Jul 21, 2013
    Probably the best game of 2013.
    The story is awesome, like the intrigue.
    It's a game where you need to think a little, if you want to understand the end.
    Elizabeth is the first npc who are useful and not boring.
    Now, the problem is the I.A, the no-liberty, the "on-rails" game where you can go nowhere except to the good place.
    But it worth the 10 score.
    A must have game in your collection
  38. Jul 22, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Its story is complex (and makes your head hurt at points) but you never feel like you aren't Booker. Visually the game is stunning and their is a generous array of weapons and abilities at your disposal. The only reason this game is 9 and not 10 is a couple of points when I wanted more interaction with the world and peopleBioshock infinite is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Its story is complex (and makes your head hurt at points) but you never feel like you aren't Booker. Visually the game is stunning and their is a generous array of weapons and abilities at your disposal. The only reason this game is 9 and not 10 is a couple of points when I wanted more interaction with the world and people in it. The amazing beauty of the world seemed to disappear too quickly, I wanted to watch more of it and be a part of it. But still an awesome game Expand
  39. Jul 25, 2013
    Needless to say that the actors, story telling and graphics are perfect. I missed some changes that they made since they first showed the game to the public though, apparently to make it simpler to play and develop, which is fine, they probably tested it over and put it the best way in the final game.

The real problem for me was the 2 weapon system. That's complete BS, I'm playing on a PC, why would I need to be limited on the way I play like people on a controller? I have 10 number buttons for weapons for Christ sake. Besides, the weapons mechanics suffered a real downgrade from previous games, lacking real interesting upgrades, and the weapons themselves are boring, unlike previous Bioshock's. Other than that, I think that the tapes and side stories were a lot less interesting than in the first game, but maybe that's just me.

It's a great game, you can miss it, but the feeling I got after playing it all is that the first Bioshock was better.
  40. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was made with such an addiction to perfeccionizm that you will feel it trough the whole game. Stunning story, great art style, perfect combat with mutliple Vigors and guns. One of the best side characters in game ever. Its true, its not such a blow to your face as Bioshock 1 was but its still a must have title. One of the best games in history.
  41. Aug 13, 2013
    More than just a game this is a work of art! The story is twisted and the ending unexpected. I’m a sci-fi geek, parallel universes and time travel have always fascinated me and BSI really shocked me in the best possible way.
    Combat and gameplay in general are fun and the characters are deep and complex (especially the Lutece twins), the retro atmosphere, the weapons, the stylized graphics, everything is in the right place.
    Bioshock Infinite is simply breathtaking, playing it is a must.
  42. Sep 6, 2013
    BioShock Infinite further proves that video games can be an excellent medium for story telling, having possibly the best story ever told in a video game. Bioshock infinite's use of vigors, skylines and more make the combat fun and repayable. After beating the game you will want to go back through and get all of the collectibles. The game also includes some of the most interestingBioShock Infinite further proves that video games can be an excellent medium for story telling, having possibly the best story ever told in a video game. Bioshock infinite's use of vigors, skylines and more make the combat fun and repayable. After beating the game you will want to go back through and get all of the collectibles. The game also includes some of the most interesting characters to ever have been in a video games including Elizabeth who is a helpful companion that never gets in your way unlike in other games where you had to escort someone. The social commentary in bioshock games has always been a great addition to a game and it is no different here. The city of Columbia is both interesting and beautiful yet dark and mysterious. This game is a MUST OWN! Expand
  43. Jul 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a fantastic game by the developers of System Shock and the first BioShock that deserves to be played by everybody. While I agree with many complaints that, yes, the game is WAY overhyped; it is nowhere close to as legendary as the first BioShock.... But that does not mean in anyway that this is a bad game. The graphics are amazing, with one of the coolest color palletsBioShock Infinite is a fantastic game by the developers of System Shock and the first BioShock that deserves to be played by everybody. While I agree with many complaints that, yes, the game is WAY overhyped; it is nowhere close to as legendary as the first BioShock.... But that does not mean in anyway that this is a bad game. The graphics are amazing, with one of the coolest color pallets of any game I've seen in a long while. The only real problem with the graphics is the character models are a little weird looking.The gameplay is phenomenal. My only problem is it feels more like an FPS than any of the previous BioShock games, that had some RPG elements mixed in with the FPS shooting. Now, here comes the part that most of you will disagree with. The story in BioShock Infinite was good, but not great. At many points it became ridiculously convoluted, and would seemingly just add twists and turns for the sake of being confusing, instead of making sense in the long run... kind of like the Matrix sequels. In the end though, this game is fantastic and everyone should play it. No matter the price. Expand
  44. Jul 31, 2013
    A brilliant narrative with a memorable story and an unforgettable ending. Simply put, Bioshock Infinite is as much of a landmark for storytelling in games as the original Bioshock was. The sky city of Columbia is both gorgeous on a technical scale and an artistic one. The gameplay itself is reminiscent of an old-school shooter, though the action is suspenseful and rarely has a dull moment.
  45. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing graphics coupled with an amazing storyline. Set in a thought provoking and detailed world. As a shooter it is okay, although with many unique mechanics such as Elizabeth assists and Vigors. Has carried over some horror and supernatural type elements from the original Bioshock games, but is rare enough that it shouldn't deter anyone but the most faint hearted gamers. BioshockAmazing graphics coupled with an amazing storyline. Set in a thought provoking and detailed world. As a shooter it is okay, although with many unique mechanics such as Elizabeth assists and Vigors. Has carried over some horror and supernatural type elements from the original Bioshock games, but is rare enough that it shouldn't deter anyone but the most faint hearted gamers. Bioshock Infinite has a level of finesse that is rarely seen in video games. Expand
  46. Aug 2, 2013
    Miałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niżMiałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niż staremu, jednak tej klimat wydaje się być tak samo dobry, nawet nie będąc mroczny. Do tego dochodzi Elizabeth, postać która napędza tą grę, jej pomoc przy walce, jej charakter. Można zakochać się w niej jak w Larze. No i fabuła, muszę przyznać bardziej zaskakującego zakończenie nie widziałem od...od...tak, takiego zakończenia jeszcze nigdy nie widziałem. Całkowicie pobiło ono zakończenie Assassin's Creeda 2 i ostatnio ukazanego Walking Dead'a. Gra co prawda nie jest idealna. Pojawiają się mniejsze bugi, graficznie mogła by wyglądać odrobinę lepiej, i parę elementów można by było zrobić lepiej(np. rozwałkę pod koniec gry).Dla mnie na razie FPS roku jak i kandydat na grę roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  47. Aug 4, 2013
    the game was stunning and had great story line with and love of Bioshock had a great vibe playing it over and over again to look for secrets and more i give an 8 to it
  48. Aug 4, 2013
    This is the best game that I ever played! Everything worked out just to cheer! Developers thank you so much! I repeat, this is the best game that I ever played!
    Sorry for my English, translated by Google...
  49. Aug 5, 2013
    [GERMAN]
    Unvergesslich!
    BioShock Infinite ist nun schon der dritte Teil der Reihe und auch wenn die Vorgänger immer noch zu meinen Favoriten unter den Computerspielen zählen ist Infinite noch immer beste Teil! Da es so in der Anzeige "So schreiben Sie ein gute Rezension!" steht beginne ich nun mit der Handlung. Infinite spielt nun nicht mehr in Rapture sondern in Columbia, einer
    [GERMAN]
    Unvergesslich!

Infinite spielt nun nicht mehr in Rapture sondern in Columbia, einer epischen Wolkenstadt und Heimat einiger radikalen Christen, betrügerischen Propheten und seltsamen Mädchen... Man selbst spielt den ehemaligen Pinkerton Agenten Booker Dewitt welcher sich Schulden bei den falschen Leuten gemacht hat und nun die junge Elizabeth entführen und nach New York bringen soll. Weiter will ich gar nicht erzählen denn ich will auf gar keinen Fall die absolut Unglaubliche und Unvergessliche Story Spoilern... :)

Damit komme ich zum nächsten Punkt: Was gefällt mir am Spiel! Wie bereits genannt hat das Spiel bei einer angemessenen Spielzeit von ca. 12 Stunden eine tolle Story! Mit bedeutungsschwangerem Intro, einem epischem Aufstieg nach Columbia und einem unvergesslichem Ende! Zudem muss man nicht die Vorgänger des Spiels gespielt haben um mit der Story mitzukommen auch wenn man sich falls man BioShock 1 und 2 gespielt hat umso mehr über Zitate (und Elemente die ich nicht Spoilern darf) freut. Desweiteren bietet das Spiel neben der eigentlich für das ganze Spiel ausreichenden Story noch ein tolles Gameplay da man im Vergleich zu vielen anderen Shootern (Call of Duty, Sniper, etc...) auch selbst Spielen kann und auch verschieden Taktiken hat welche man trotz niedrigerem Schwierigkeitsgrad auch benötigt. Ich kann leider nicht alle guten Seiten des Spiels aufzählen weil sonst niemand dieses Review lesen würde aber etwas was noch unbedingt gelobt werden muss ist die Grafik und das Mapdesign. Im Gegensatz zu den ersten beiden Teilen sind diesmal auch die Menschen sehr gut gelungen und bis auf wenige Texturfehler habe ich nichts entdecken können also auch Grfisch TOP!

Bevor ich zu den negativen Punkten komme möchte ich noch sagen, dass ich das Spiel auch mit einem Singlecore Prozessor und einer Integrierten Intel HD Graphics gespielt habe!

Auch wenn ich das Spiel liebe gibt es trotzdem noch kleinere Mängel wie zum Beispiel die Schuhputzer welche nur so tut als würde er Putzen denn seine Hand ist 10cm über den Schuhen, oder das nicht vorhandensein der Fluchtmöglichkeite aus Kämpfen, doch obwohl ich es Versucht habe konnte ich keine größeren Fehler entdecken...

Als nächstes steht auf der Liste steht "Besonderheiten des Spiels". Also als erstes: Es ist ein BioShock! Auch ohne Rapture, es ist immer noch BioShock! Faszinierende BioShock eigene Texturen sowie BioShock eigenes Gameplay.... Bioshock!

Zu den technischen Problemen will ich nur sagen: Es läuft (wenn auch mit Minimalgrafik) ohne größere Probleme auf meinem 5 Jahre altem Laptop mit 2GB RAM, Pentium Prozessor, Integrierter Grafik,... Jeder normale Rechner sollte es gut zum laufen bringen!

Zu der Frage ob ich das Spiel nochmal kaufen würde: Natürlich! Ich habe das Spiel sofort nach der Bekanntgebung auf Steam vorbestellt SeasonPass und ich habe momentan NICHTS bereut!

Wer das Spiel nicht besitzt: Kaufen! Wer es besitzt und nicht spielt: Warum nicht?! Wer es nicht mag: .....

Hoffe das mindestens Irgendjemand bis hierher gelesen hat LG Sol!
  50. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the game where I have lived every moment. I consider myself to be the most luckiest person ever to play this game. The character of Booker and Elizabeth are simply a piece of mind blowing craft work. An exceptional game I have ever played in my life. This game, I shall remember until my death. BIOSHOCK INFINITE has taken me to the next level in my life. This game literally has itThis is the game where I have lived every moment. I consider myself to be the most luckiest person ever to play this game. The character of Booker and Elizabeth are simply a piece of mind blowing craft work. An exceptional game I have ever played in my life. This game, I shall remember until my death. BIOSHOCK INFINITE has taken me to the next level in my life. This game literally has it all. 10 on 10. Expand
  51. Aug 6, 2013
    Its a good game,They have given so many features interacting with new objects.It has a new story in it which makes things interesting which booker must bring elizabeth in order to save his son but in the end he fails.But the story is not interesting as its previous sequels Bioshock and Bioshock 2 I like the graphics of Colombia the people and etc Will be looking forward to newIts a good game,They have given so many features interacting with new objects.It has a new story in it which makes things interesting which booker must bring elizabeth in order to save his son but in the end he fails.But the story is not interesting as its previous sequels Bioshock and Bioshock 2 I like the graphics of Colombia the people and etc Will be looking forward to new Bioshock game if it comes out Expand
  52. Aug 6, 2013
    I would give it a 8,8. This is my favorite game of all time, and i've played a LOT of games. the carachters are very likeable, the vigors are really fun, the gun play can get really repetative, but a lot of fun. The story is Beautifull. the enemys are interesting. it just got everything i would have hoped for it to be.
  53. Aug 9, 2013
    Best. Game. Ever.
    It's not overrated. It's all about the story, gameplay, and music.
    Graphics? Everything but face expressions are one of the best things i have seen in this gen. Story: I can't describe it. It's like reading a Haruki Murakami book. I'm not talking about the plot: this game twists my emotions and make me feel like a whirl. Music. Oh my god. Epic. Incredible. I want to
    Best. Game. Ever.
    It's not overrated. It's all about the story, gameplay, and music.
    Music. Oh my god. Epic. Incredible. I want to hear it over and over again.
    What else can i say? It's underrated. That's the problem. The Last Of Us sucks. Sorry, but it sucks. I have played it, i know what i'm talking about. Play this. NOW.
  54. Aug 12, 2013
    simplemente fantástico ambientes maravillosos un gran paso despues de los anteriores bioshock ya que el pasar de lugares cerrados y oscuros a escenarios abiertos y coloridos le dio una vuelta total al estilo de los juegos anteriores pero eso no lo hizo un mal juego si no todo lo contrario le da un toque fresco la narrativa es similar pero esta claro que no es la misma historia pero sisimplemente fantástico ambientes maravillosos un gran paso despues de los anteriores bioshock ya que el pasar de lugares cerrados y oscuros a escenarios abiertos y coloridos le dio una vuelta total al estilo de los juegos anteriores pero eso no lo hizo un mal juego si no todo lo contrario le da un toque fresco la narrativa es similar pero esta claro que no es la misma historia pero si tiene las mismas baces en fin el juego es toda una obra de arte, gráficamente precioso una trama increíble y una excelente jugabilida. Expand
  55. Aug 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Prime example of story-telling at its finest. The characters are very well developed, mysterious, and complex. The story has THE GREATEST ending lasting roughly twenty minutes of jaw dropping conclusions. Infinite might just have to be one of the best games i have ever played, right next to the original bioshock.
  56. Aug 14, 2013
    Great game! Incredible story and characters. Unfortunately the game play is very repetitive and doesn't feel unique to other shooters. The story itself made me give this game an 8.
  57. Aug 16, 2013
    The first Bioshock game introduced me to a place called Rapture, where self-made men could rule in an un-oppressed environment. When playing through the beautiful settings of Bioshock 1&2, all I could imagine would be how beautiful the next game would be. Infinite far exceeded my expectations on beauty, and amplified the game with a twisting story that connects to Rapture at the end.
  58. Aug 16, 2013
    Colombia is a beautiful city. The story is amazing and I really liked the ending, it got me thinking for weeks. Some things may not be fully explained but that just makes it better and more mystical.
    Vigors make combat much better which is good but overrused A lot of the gameplay is just *go to this destination and kill all the bad guys on the way*. There could've atleast been some puzzles.
    I also missed a map which would been very helpful to complete the few sidemissions.
    But every game has its issues and Bioshock infinite is a must-buy if you like FPS.
  59. Aug 19, 2013
    Amazing graphics, addictive (but simple, I confess) gameplay, perfect atmosphere and a MIND BLOWING history. Seriously, just the history would be reason enough to buy this game.
  60. Aug 23, 2013
    Great game, but overrated. I feel very chocked that the meta-critics gave nothing but 100. I mean, no game can be perfect. There is always something that could be better.
  61. Aug 24, 2013
    Damn, it's one of the best games I've played, the graphics are not great, anyway I love the graphics, has some beautiful colors and can perfectly capture the beauty of Culumbia.
    The dialogues, the maps, the sound, Elizabeth and the history of this game are absolutely amazing
    the only thing I can say about this game is (NOT SPOILER):

The end is everything.
  62. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is my favourite game I've played this year. However, before I talk about why, I will say that GTA V *might* push it aside. This game is basically everything that's great about the BioShock series without the compromise. Stunning visuals, an incredible story (with an INSANE ending), very enjoyable and intuitive combat and, last but not least, a game world that's somehow moreThis game is my favourite game I've played this year. However, before I talk about why, I will say that GTA V *might* push it aside. This game is basically everything that's great about the BioShock series without the compromise. Stunning visuals, an incredible story (with an INSANE ending), very enjoyable and intuitive combat and, last but not least, a game world that's somehow more interesting and thought-provoking than Rapture was (and that was no easy task). It has a little bit of a slow start but I assure you if you are a fan of the first two BioShock titles, or even if you enjoyed the original BioShock but was put off by how repetitive BioShock 2 was, you will LOVE this game. I am eagerly awaiting the 'Burial at Sea' downloadable content which seems like it will continue Infinite's gripping narrative and ridiculously entertaining gameplay. Expand
  63. Aug 28, 2013
    I have doubts about Half-Life 2 being the Best Game Ever Made now... Can´t decide :)
    The gameplay is even better than bioshock 1... You feel like you are in a complete open world because of the skylines. Vigors (plasmids) never get old.
    Art/Graphics are just beautiful/amazing... I was blowned away all the time.
    The best game ever in therms of story.
    Get it. It's sooooooo GOOD
  64. Aug 31, 2013
    I was hooked on this game right from start to finish, an artistically and visually brilliant game, with smooth gameplay and a depth of story and lyricism. I played it extremely slowly, taking in every small an laboured-over detail. Looking around and just after you open the gates, can't put into words how great it looks. A refreshing game against ones of late.
  65. Sep 2, 2013
    theme,details,world design,characters,dialogues,story everything about this game is just beautiful
    definitely one of the best game ever made
    cant wait for DLC and another sequel of bioshock
  66. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I last played Bioshock 1 5 years ago, it was amazing. For some reason, I felt I should skip Bioshock 2 and go to Infinite. Infinite is an AMAZING game. Brilliant graphics, the most mesmerizing story, stunning effects, weapons, vigors.
    This game was really spot-on.
    The only thing I would fix with this game is that it's kind-of limited in a sense that the game ending shows you SO many possibilities, and yet the scene goes on without any interaction you could make with other worlds. this game could of had been expanded SO much and have a LOT more content. I'm hoping Burial at Sea 1+2 will fill in some gaps with you entering another world Lighthouse.
    all in all this game is amazing and you should play it no matter if you dont play shooters.
  67. Sep 4, 2013
    Atmosphere and art :
    Is nothing short of phenomenal :10/10 Immediately pulls you into the world and has a sense of place
    Soundtrack and Score: 9/10: Well crafted and not overpowering during gameplay Graphics: 7.5/10: Great artwork and atmosphere sometimes let down by muddy textures Story: 8.5/10 Interesting plot and ending however some obvious plot holes let you down now and
    Atmosphere and art :

Soundtrack and Score: 9/10:
    Well crafted and not overpowering during gameplay

Graphics: 7.5/10:
    Great artwork and atmosphere sometimes let down by muddy textures

Story: 8.5/10
    Interesting plot and ending however some obvious plot holes let you down now and then

Gameplay: 7.5/10

The achilles heel of the game the shooting mechanics are poor verging on worse, whith weak sound and little visual oomph. Gameplay is uneven with some areas being too repetetive, that said it has some great parts and riding rails makes up some for the poor gun mechanics
  68. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion, Bioshock Infinite is the best PC game that I've played by far.The graphics seems smooth on my PC and the gameplay was quite amazing.The best part of the game that i like is the storyline of the game.It is full of twist,mind-bending scenes and lastly that 'feeling' when you truly participate in the game :D Expand
  69. Sep 8, 2013
    Simply Amazing. If you want to play BSI, don't read anything about it, otherwise, the story will be spoiled. The gameplay is great, but gets a tad bit repetitive towards the end, its okay though because it keeps the player occupied, and makes it really satisfying when you fully upgrade a skill. The unique, gorgeous environment in a historical steampunkish setting is the second mostSimply Amazing. If you want to play BSI, don't read anything about it, otherwise, the story will be spoiled. The gameplay is great, but gets a tad bit repetitive towards the end, its okay though because it keeps the player occupied, and makes it really satisfying when you fully upgrade a skill. The unique, gorgeous environment in a historical steampunkish setting is the second most stunning aspect of the game, after it's story. Bio Shock: Infinite is truly unforgettable. Expand
  70. Sep 18, 2013
    Having not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wanderHaving not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wander around and restock ammo, vigors, etc. and take in the beautiful visuals. I did encounter a few bugs that caused me to re-launch the game, but they're excusable and didn't affect this score. The reason that this score got a 9 instead of a 10 is because of the end. I won't spoil it, but if you didn't pick up any of the voxophones (and even if you did find them all) the ending may be quite confusing. However, ending is what makes this game so great. Even months after playing, I found myself from time to time still trying to wrap my head around complicated/glorious plot. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Expand
  71. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be aThis game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be a terrible waste). All in all, this is definitely one of the most memorable shooters of the decade, if not of all time. Expand
  72. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the greatest games I have played this decade. Draws you in emotionally and delivers on a much bigger scale, up to the nail biting end. With Beautiful visuals, and great character development, this game has reached my top 5 games of all time.
  73. Jan 3, 2014
    Amazing story and the level/character design is just perfect! The story might not hold if you analyze it too much, but its really complex and mesmerizing. The way it levels out when you play is just fantastic. And after you have played it through it makes you think back.

Sadly the game-play "shooter-experience" was pretty dull, and at times really bad. But you dont even think about when you play cus you are so caught up in the visuals and the story.

But dont for the love of god play the DLC. Some rate it high, but I just think its a shadow of the "original" game.
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  75. Nov 6, 2013
    This story and the theme is great the graphics made me cry from the lighting so pretty but i just couldnt get past the boring gunplay all i wanted was just more story so im rating it 8 for the story but 5 for the gunplay
  76. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at whatI'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at what had happened.

The gameplay is good. It plays smooth as a shooter. The only problem I had that kept me from giving it a perfect score is how boring it got looking for stuff. Of course you don't have to look for stuff but if you do there won't be much to find. There seems to be not as much recordings to find compared to the big world your in and most of the time you only find health and vigor when you were already full. Your vigor and health fills up fast too so you'll find yourself constantly leaving behind that stuff and not needing it. In hard mode it might be a different story but I only tried it in normal mode. All that stuff I mentioned though is minor. What really got to me was how useless the different types of powers you get. I literally only used around three of the 12 or so you get and once I got the electric one I stuck with that for the rest the game. I am sure others might find them useful since it feel like the game is trying to offer variety but the other powers literally felt useless to me. The gear you can equip is a nice addition but I had the same problem as the powers in that I found only a few of the gear useful of the plenty of gear that you find. I literally only used the first pieces of gear until the end when I finally found gear that was worth putting on to replace my old ones. The gameplay is smooth though and never had a problem moving around and shooting. Shooting is pretty accurate as well.

The graphics are the most noticeable part about the game. They are gorgeous and you can just stare at awe at the city in the sky right when you get there. Especially on a good pc running on high settings. The characters look great as well and are really believable.

Overall this is a gorgeous looking game with a great story where you will get mindblown away. The gameplay plays really well also. A great example of showing that story game aren't dead and hopefully inspire other developers to come up with other great stories.
  77. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.
    After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun.
    Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.

Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock.
    the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  78. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  79. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  80. Mar 16, 2014
    Good game, good story line and good graphics though i don't kinda like the way it looks.. they just need to improve the gameplay a little bit and make it less repetitive, coz repetitive will bring you to boredom..
  81. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?).One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  82. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  83. Oct 4, 2014
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
  84. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  85. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  86. Mar 12, 2015
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  87. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  88. Apr 28, 2013
    I just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great asI just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great as both a character and an NPC. I found her to be both realistic and helpful without ever being annoying... which is pretty rare for a companion NPC. The gameplay is pretty similar to the original Bioshock and is perfectly adequate when compared to other top-tier FPS games. I did find that certain vigor/equipment/gun combinations were completely overpowered though, so there could have been a bit more balance. I also wish that the textures were higher resolution and that the game put more emphasis on exploration, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall it was an amazing experience. Expand
  89. Apr 22, 2013
    Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore.Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore. Highly recommend, as this game is brilliant. Expand
  90. Apr 20, 2013
    My rating is based on the super graphics and the somewhat unique approach to the coming of the messiah. The shooter end of the game is okay, but somewhat annoying. I would like to find at least one game where you can kill an opponent with one shot. Still, the game lives up to the hype, but personally I prefer the first two Bioshocks.
  91. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full.
  92. Jul 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level ofBioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level of detail put into it's graphics and audio is second-to-none. It's rare also to see a game so well-researched, and so sure if it's ideas and to stick to it's convictions so thoroughly, to trust it's audience with serious themes, in particular racism, in such a way that neither waters it down or trivialises it with melodrama. And then there are quantum mechanics applied in an intelligent, complex manner inevitably, these themes are not for everyone, but once again this is something Levine and co should be applauded for sticking with so consistently, to believe in the intelligence of their fans and not be put off at risk of alienating those more used to Call of Duty's cod-melodrama.

Perhaps the most striking component for me when playing Infinite is the character of Elizabeth. I haven't yet seen a game do an AI counterpart so effectively she is a consistent part throughout the game, a dynamic character with an authentic rapport with DeWitt that works seamlessly with the game's busy and less busy periods (though to be sure, this is a considerably more action packed game than Bioshock ever was). Some players have criticised the simplification of some mechanics such as lockpicking, which is now handled by Elizabeth (upon the player's request). This is a great deception by the game you are still initiating the action, you are still in control, but the game is using a character who responds believably to fulfill the action, whilst often using the opportunity for a quick dose of exposition. Other features, such as finding codes or keycards are essentially removed, and this is clearly for the benefit of the flow of the game this is pretty much entirely a journey taken with someone else, and to have a bunch of mini-games would distract from this relationship.

These elements have been attempted (and not badly done, necessarily) before, most notably in Half-Life 2 (and increasingly in it's following episodes), but this so far is the apex of the design principle of AI counterparts it feels right, it's consistent, it's never, ever in the way of combat. There is no friendly fire, Elizabeth doesn't fight your enemies, but rather assists with health, ammo and salts (essentially ammo for the tonics, the more general variant of Bioshock's plasmids). Combat is fast, furious, bloody and dynamic with the inclusion of rails that twist amusingly like interactive rollercoasters throughout the games larger exterior combat areas an interesting point to make too, in that Bioshock's claustrophobia is largely replaced with vertigo, and this is reflected in the combat appropriately.

To summarise, Bioshock Infinite is the apex of the action game with increasingly streamlined RPG elements, an interesting path considering the classic predecessor of System Shock 2, an altogether more complex, slower paced and more scary title. But what Infinite places instead of the slow creeping dread of System Shock 2 and Bioshock is a grander sense of horror, the horror of racism and revolution, with all of it's moral ambiguities intact. It is superb.
  93. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  94. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who didn't really enjoy the first two games that much, I found Bioshock Infinite to be an incredible experience. It has some strong satire that I found to be shocking and refreshing. The campaign is fairly long, voice acting is excellent, production value is absolutely insane. The PC version runs and looks the best by far.
  95. Sep 12, 2014
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  96. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom,An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  97. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kindThere's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  98. May 1, 2013
    I have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural thatI have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural that there is no way to dislike her. And these two things create propably the best game I've ever played! Now I'm getting familiar with previous parts of Bioshock. Expand
  99. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave theThe best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  100. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make youBioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make you feel at ease or tense your spine from the hardcore action. It changes from the walking around under the ocean to mid sky battles on the rails. I rather find it interesting what they have done with the game and was worth the hype and money. Not perfect since of some minor bugs in the game, but definitely better than a 7. Give this game a go, and see what the game has to offer. Its beautiful, brilliant, and a must have. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]