8.5

1. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  2. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at whatI'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at what had happened.

The gameplay is good. It plays smooth as a shooter. The only problem I had that kept me from giving it a perfect score is how boring it got looking for stuff. Of course you don't have to look for stuff but if you do there won't be much to find. There seems to be not as much recordings to find compared to the big world your in and most of the time you only find health and vigor when you were already full. Your vigor and health fills up fast too so you'll find yourself constantly leaving behind that stuff and not needing it. In hard mode it might be a different story but I only tried it in normal mode. All that stuff I mentioned though is minor. What really got to me was how useless the different types of powers you get. I literally only used around three of the 12 or so you get and once I got the electric one I stuck with that for the rest the game. I am sure others might find them useful since it feel like the game is trying to offer variety but the other powers literally felt useless to me. The gear you can equip is a nice addition but I had the same problem as the powers in that I found only a few of the gear useful of the plenty of gear that you find. I literally only used the first pieces of gear until the end when I finally found gear that was worth putting on to replace my old ones. The gameplay is smooth though and never had a problem moving around and shooting. Shooting is pretty accurate as well.

The graphics are the most noticeable part about the game. They are gorgeous and you can just stare at awe at the city in the sky right when you get there. Especially on a good pc running on high settings. The characters look great as well and are really believable.

Overall this is a gorgeous looking game with a great story where you will get mindblown away. The gameplay plays really well also. A great example of showing that story game aren't dead and hopefully inspire other developers to come up with other great stories.
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.
    After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun.
    Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.

Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock.
    the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  4. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  6. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?).One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
  9. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  10. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  11. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  12. Apr 28, 2013
    I just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great asI just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great as both a character and an NPC. I found her to be both realistic and helpful without ever being annoying... which is pretty rare for a companion NPC. The gameplay is pretty similar to the original Bioshock and is perfectly adequate when compared to other top-tier FPS games. I did find that certain vigor/equipment/gun combinations were completely overpowered though, so there could have been a bit more balance. I also wish that the textures were higher resolution and that the game put more emphasis on exploration, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall it was an amazing experience. Expand
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full.
  14. Jul 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level ofBioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level of detail put into it's graphics and audio is second-to-none. It's rare also to see a game so well-researched, and so sure if it's ideas and to stick to it's convictions so thoroughly, to trust it's audience with serious themes, in particular racism, in such a way that neither waters it down or trivialises it with melodrama. And then there are quantum mechanics applied in an intelligent, complex manner inevitably, these themes are not for everyone, but once again this is something Levine and co should be applauded for sticking with so consistently, to believe in the intelligence of their fans and not be put off at risk of alienating those more used to Call of Duty's cod-melodrama.

Perhaps the most striking component for me when playing Infinite is the character of Elizabeth. I haven't yet seen a game do an AI counterpart so effectively she is a consistent part throughout the game, a dynamic character with an authentic rapport with DeWitt that works seamlessly with the game's busy and less busy periods (though to be sure, this is a considerably more action packed game than Bioshock ever was). Some players have criticised the simplification of some mechanics such as lockpicking, which is now handled by Elizabeth (upon the player's request). This is a great deception by the game you are still initiating the action, you are still in control, but the game is using a character who responds believably to fulfill the action, whilst often using the opportunity for a quick dose of exposition. Other features, such as finding codes or keycards are essentially removed, and this is clearly for the benefit of the flow of the game this is pretty much entirely a journey taken with someone else, and to have a bunch of mini-games would distract from this relationship.

These elements have been attempted (and not badly done, necessarily) before, most notably in Half-Life 2 (and increasingly in it's following episodes), but this so far is the apex of the design principle of AI counterparts it feels right, it's consistent, it's never, ever in the way of combat. There is no friendly fire, Elizabeth doesn't fight your enemies, but rather assists with health, ammo and salts (essentially ammo for the tonics, the more general variant of Bioshock's plasmids). Combat is fast, furious, bloody and dynamic with the inclusion of rails that twist amusingly like interactive rollercoasters throughout the games larger exterior combat areas an interesting point to make too, in that Bioshock's claustrophobia is largely replaced with vertigo, and this is reflected in the combat appropriately.

To summarise, Bioshock Infinite is the apex of the action game with increasingly streamlined RPG elements, an interesting path considering the classic predecessor of System Shock 2, an altogether more complex, slower paced and more scary title. But what Infinite places instead of the slow creeping dread of System Shock 2 and Bioshock is a grander sense of horror, the horror of racism and revolution, with all of it's moral ambiguities intact. It is superb.
  15. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who didn't really enjoy the first two games that much, I found Bioshock Infinite to be an incredible experience. It has some strong satire that I found to be shocking and refreshing. The campaign is fairly long, voice acting is excellent, production value is absolutely insane. The PC version runs and looks the best by far.
  17. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom,An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  18. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kindThere's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  19. May 1, 2013
    I have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural thatI have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural that there is no way to dislike her. And these two things create propably the best game I've ever played! Now I'm getting familiar with previous parts of Bioshock. Expand
  20. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave theThe best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make youBioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make you feel at ease or tense your spine from the hardcore action. It changes from the walking around under the ocean to mid sky battles on the rails. I rather find it interesting what they have done with the game and was worth the hype and money. Not perfect since of some minor bugs in the game, but definitely better than a 7. Give this game a go, and see what the game has to offer. Its beautiful, brilliant, and a must have. Expand
  22. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to

If anyone out there has played the first to games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should.
  23. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  24. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game ever made to my taste. After seeing the ending my mind was absolutely blown, both on the story and on how legit the game actually is, even in laws of physics and quantummechanics. I have finished it a month ago now and I am still talking about it and thinking about it, creating memory's where none exist about how things could have happened that are not explained in-game. Expand
  26. Apr 19, 2013
    Grab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the storyGrab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the story and you will enjoy it much better. This storyline starts with a bang and then jumps around more often than you can count. I would of liked more weapons, the vigors (spells) were plentiful though and got more interesting as the game went on. Overall this game is a go, as in go out and buy it this is better than anything that has come out since Skyrim and is worthy of your time. Expand
  27. Nov 16, 2013
    This is one of the best shooters I have ever played in my life. On a par with Half-Life 1 & 2 for me.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a title I liked so much so I wasn't overexcited for this (maybe that was their plan haha!), but they built this gorgeous looking mindhump of a game. The story is phenomenal, even all this time on I absolutely cannot forget the story, it's one of those ones that sticks with you, and the characters are so likeable isn't the word. I love these characters, but they aren't necessarily likable...

Overall, like I said, on a par with Half-Life and Half-Life 2, give it a go.
  28. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game, and great story. The FPS combat wasn't anything too special, but everything else really makes up for it. The story is what I love most of this game. The graphics are pretty nice, although not the best.
  29. Sep 12, 2014
    Well, from the flawless gameplay to the amazing visuals, from the fantastic writing and extremely interesting plot to the great work of the voice actors - Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of the BEST video games of 2013.
  30. Apr 30, 2013
    This game blew me away flawless story, gorgeous direction, addictive game play as near perfect a FPS as possible. The pace is just right eases you into the world lets you absorb the environment, play with the controls, then jumps you head first into the action/story. Highly recommend even if you haven't played the first two Bioshocks.
  31. Mar 4, 2015
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  32. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  33. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It isThis game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  34. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is the inception of a new kind of game rarely ever seen these days. from the Amazing story to the impressive game play, it feels fresh and new.
  35. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voiceBioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  36. Jun 6, 2013
    the game only falls in the aspect of letting you interact with a city (you only do it once) otherwise it would be perfect, Colombia is otherwise a cool place and the gameplay just like the last game makes you feel baddass not just because of the vigors but the more open environment to fight in (skylines/liz), good game
  37. Apr 25, 2013
    If not for the weak shooting mechanics Infinite would likely be in my top 5 games all-time. As it stands the story is griping and the atmosphere is stunning. The music and audio choice (aside from weapons) is top notch and adds layers to the story. Elizabeth is my favourite AI companion in a game ever. First game I purchased for $60 in some time and it's worth it. I am very excitedIf not for the weak shooting mechanics Infinite would likely be in my top 5 games all-time. As it stands the story is griping and the atmosphere is stunning. The music and audio choice (aside from weapons) is top notch and adds layers to the story. Elizabeth is my favourite AI companion in a game ever. First game I purchased for $60 in some time and it's worth it. I am very excited to see what the season's pass of DLC brings. Expand
  38. Apr 23, 2013
    This is definitely one of my favorite games this year. I don't want to write a long review so I'll just say that I had fun playing it, the story was certainly more complex than your average game, and the music was awesome. Whether you like the way the story wraps up or not, the entire game was great to play.
  39. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favourite game for the pat 5 years I think. Characters of this game are like living persons. You can feel the world of this game and it's great. Also liked the change of depth of ocean to the skies. Graphics and music are really nice, and the minus of this game it's short. even in comparison with previous games of the franchise.
  40. Apr 27, 2013
    Everyone already said the game is great, and they're right. Graphic is excellent, the characters are well voiced and well developed, music though is problematic since every battle is always with that horror violin themed music which is kind of a letdown since the battles are so epic, and gameplay wise it's Bioshock 1 all over again except you can use the great skyhook. The ending creeps meEveryone already said the game is great, and they're right. Graphic is excellent, the characters are well voiced and well developed, music though is problematic since every battle is always with that horror violin themed music which is kind of a letdown since the battles are so epic, and gameplay wise it's Bioshock 1 all over again except you can use the great skyhook. The ending creeps me out, good twist but scary as hell. Too bad there's no new game because I would love to play the game again with my upgrades so I can own enemy asses and kick them out to the bottom of the sea. Expand
  41. Apr 19, 2013
    I don't want to spoil anything but this game is that awesome that everybody should play it. There are nothing negative about this game that i can think of. Just go ahead buy the game and play it. Support developers because these type of games are coming out really rarely.
  42. Apr 23, 2013
    This is the best shooter I've ever played. Every scene, and part of it was absolutely thrilling and haunting! I was expecting something from the level of the first Bioshock. But this one is better, more emotional, more brutal and much better acted!! AMAZING!
  43. Apr 22, 2013
    I changed my mind about previously fgiving this game a 0. it is actually a 10/10 game. I can't believe how good this game was after i got baptised. i didn't realize 99% of the game was after the baptization and i didn't really wanted to go through with it at first because of my religion but i got my friend to do it and now i'm playing it and it's really good.
  44. Mar 30, 2014
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    BioShock: Infinite is an amazing game that's incredibly well thought and enjoyable from start to finish.
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    Like I started the review for the original BioShock, I'll talk about the world. Irrational Games manages to keep the tradition of making the world a character and make it tell it's own story. Although the world tells it's own story, it has a lot more diminished impact, considering that now you are a speaking character (Booker Dewitt) accompanied by a talking character as well (Elizabeth) which distract you from admiring the world and just staring at it at times. The story. This game's shorter than the first BioShock, but much more focused, with better witing (and BioShock's writing wasn't bad at all), much more interesting and relatable. It was filled with emotions that few games achieved last year (The Last of Us, Gone Home). The Graphics aren't as realistic in 2013 as BioShock's were in 2007, but that's because Irrational takes a much more artistic approach and one that pays off. The music in this game is extraordinary, and really make emotional moments 10 times much more meaningful. The sounds are very good as well, no complaints there. The gameplay. Now, everyone thinks that this is a weak part in the game, but it really isn't. Although plasmids (now called vigors) don't make much of a difference in combat, and it doesn't change the first person shooter genre (like BioShock did), it's a satisfying gameplay and it's a lot of fun (although you might want to play it in hard like I did, because normal and easy difficulty don't bring any challenge). AI is great and Elizabeth really changes combat, by helping you with supplies.
    After all BioShock: Infinite is an incredible ride with an ending that will make you want to replay the game from a whole new pespective.
    Average score: 9.7/10
  45. Jul 14, 2013
    I played the whole saga of bioshock, and I really liked it except the second chapter. Released Bioshock infinite I played there for a long tempo.La graphic was not as sophisticated but does not count the graphics but the game that the game account. I am now speaking of history, the beginning has been copied to a little 'Beginning of the first chapter, however, the result of the game II played the whole saga of bioshock, and I really liked it except the second chapter. Released Bioshock infinite I played there for a long tempo.La graphic was not as sophisticated but does not count the graphics but the game that the game account. I am now speaking of history, the beginning has been copied to a little 'Beginning of the first chapter, however, the result of the game I loved it. The finale was difficult to understand. My vote is 9 out of 10 Expand
  46. Apr 27, 2013
    The best overall experience I've had since Mass Effect 2. Holds many of the good thing about the original Bioshock, while improving on others. Sounds and graphics are just as good as the other Shock games and the combat is very fun.
  47. Apr 17, 2013
    wow whats really left to say.... ive been a gamer all my life and i have to say this is the best game ive played so far i give this a solid 10! sure the game was not that long but we have to consider games are art! and this one is a masterpiece the story is great the gameplay is really superv! the graphcics are amazing (if you played it on pc) so t here you go i dont have anything leftwow whats really left to say.... ive been a gamer all my life and i have to say this is the best game ive played so far i give this a solid 10! sure the game was not that long but we have to consider games are art! and this one is a masterpiece the story is great the gameplay is really superv! the graphcics are amazing (if you played it on pc) so t here you go i dont have anything left to say!! buy the game and enjoy it like i did!! Expand
  48. Apr 19, 2013
    Simply put everything i wanted out of the sequel after the slight stumble of the the second game. Game play is as good as it gets, music is engaging and relevant, looks outstanding brilliant artistic direction and the plot does just enough to keep you guessing then utterly pulls the rug out from under your feet to remind you that your a mere mortal after all. Would you kindly play this game.
  49. Apr 20, 2013
    Honestly this game will satisfy you with amazing graphics great story and great characters. You won't be sorry for buying this great game. The gameplay is much more smoother then the other two bioshock games also the atmosphere of this game is the complete opposite of the other two I love this idea so far so good with this game but the only thing that is a flaw with my opinion is that theHonestly this game will satisfy you with amazing graphics great story and great characters. You won't be sorry for buying this great game. The gameplay is much more smoother then the other two bioshock games also the atmosphere of this game is the complete opposite of the other two I love this idea so far so good with this game but the only thing that is a flaw with my opinion is that the game can be consistent sometimes but over all the game is great you should honestly pick up a copy or rent because this game is great :D Expand
  50. Apr 20, 2013
    I believe that this game fails to be a 10 out of 10 due to two reasons.
    1. Your gear and weapons:
    - Only two weapons can be carried at any one time. - Most of the gear you find is never used due to the limitation of when its effects are really placed in effect and well... vigors can seem really underpowered sometimes. This last observation probably to make placing vigor traps more
    I believe that this game fails to be a 10 out of 10 due to two reasons.
    1. Your gear and weapons:
    - Only two weapons can be carried at any one time.
    - Most of the gear you find is never used due to the limitation of when its effects are really placed in effect and well... vigors can seem really underpowered sometimes. This last observation probably to make placing vigor traps more attractive.
    2. The game is COMPLETELY linear!:
    That you're taken out the option to explore and see the various consequences of what has been going on takes out so much of the game. It is basically a storyline game as some have put it. I don't find this as important though as what I mention on point 1.

Overall this game deserves the scores it is getting. A 10... no. But definitely between it and 9.
    Bioshock's infinite story and characters are very well made. Its graphics are incredible with an ambience that can have you looking at every little detail of the floating city.

It is a daring proposal from its makers when you realize they bet most of the game's attraction on Elizabeth. And well... daring proposals is what we need... not the same things layed out differently.

This is where the game really stands out and has done it beatifully. Elizabeth can just capture you without notice.

So basically if you want to experience something different. BUY THIS GAME!
    Unless you're enclosed to what the gaming market wants you to be enclosed in then you will definitely enjoy this game.
    Is it a linear first person shooter? Yes... but a damned good one.
  51. Apr 21, 2013
    Starting in the doom and gloom was suddenly contrasted when I entered the beautiful world of Columbia. I have never been so engaged in a game in my entire life. Could not put this game down until I finished it. Worth a replay. A prime example of a storyline done right.
  52. Apr 22, 2013
    All around great game! if you did not buy it go ahead and buy it you will be happy.if you decide to get the game play it on hard mode or just unlock 1999 mode and take your time enjoying the game.
  53. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant, whilst i do agree that the combat may have been 'lacking' considering this as an FPS. It is also a story, a movie, an RPG. The pacing of the story was excellent, allowing one enough time to figure out what is happening without having too much of a break between to dilute the experience. The character development is phenomenal, i've never experienced such a strong feeling of loss when Elizabeth was captured. The realization of how useful Elizabeth has been in throwing you supplies during combat and the fact that she in a way, sacrificed her freedom in exchange for your life.
    It is only truly at the end of the game do you realise that everything you have encountered was masterfully crafted, one complete story. Every voxophone you played, the opening scene, even the phrase 'Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt'. It turned out not a monetary debt, but rather one that of morality and duty. The story and presentation of the game ITSELF (I don't give a damn if this wasn't even a shooter), coupled with excellent visuals itself, has me decidedly giving this game a 10/10.
    Crush on Elizabeth anyone? Lol
  54. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game play runs smoothly nothing too different from the 1st game except a very limited shield which takes a couple of hits and a 2 gun limit which makes it a little more challenging. Liz's AI is very well done. The character development, the scripting and interaction works perfectly. The story is great as well, and worth a replay to catch the subtleties which are weaved through out the games. A very well imagined world which ropes you in, and levels which are linear in a fashion but also allow a lot of free will. Also graphicly beautiful even running on Low, not realistic graphics beautiful, but that wouldn't work for this game style. Well optimized. Over all I thought a brilliant game which left me in awe at the end. Expand
  55. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All that i can say its that Bioshock Infinite is a huge success. And its even good for a change in a flying city instead of a underwater city. The graphics are so beautiful and the world in Bioshock Infinite is so alive that it will keep you watching its wonderful things it has to offer. I have spent hours enjoying myself at the start of the game when you enter the flying city of Columbia. Even the carnival is so attractive that you will be forced to do the amazing games in it. But seriously why can you only carry 2 weapons? It should be allowed to carry an UNLIMITED weapon limit! If you are clever you will also stick to the 2 best weapons through the entire game. That still doesn't bother me, this game is amazing and if you still don't have it, spend your freaking money on it its worth it. I give this game a glorious 10 out of 10! Its so good that you just must get it! There are already a few DLC'S planned for the game and i believe that they will make this game a even bigger success! This is the best game of 2013 hands down everyone, hands down! Expand
  56. Apr 23, 2013
    this game is one of best and maybe best video game that I have played already. graphics, sounds and story is perfect... and at the and is "game of the year".
  57. May 2, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. It's not superior than other top games in a particular way. The game as a whole is just astonishing, and it's artistically so great that you'll probably overlook its technical flaws. And that's actually good, since a game is just entertainment. Games that are technically perfect but fail to deliver an unique experience (like Bioshock series) areOne of the best games I've ever played. It's not superior than other top games in a particular way. The game as a whole is just astonishing, and it's artistically so great that you'll probably overlook its technical flaws. And that's actually good, since a game is just entertainment. Games that are technically perfect but fail to deliver an unique experience (like Bioshock series) are actually kinda boring, there's no purpose to finishing the game. Expand
  58. Apr 23, 2013
    Certainly has one of the best told stories in video game history and the world is incredible (imagine a Pixar world that has gone horrible wrong). I'd say the game is near perfect, but the combat, while vastly improved upon compared to the original BioShock, is still shy of fantastic. It feels splashing, chaotic, and arcade-ish. As many options as you have, the game never feels tactical.Certainly has one of the best told stories in video game history and the world is incredible (imagine a Pixar world that has gone horrible wrong). I'd say the game is near perfect, but the combat, while vastly improved upon compared to the original BioShock, is still shy of fantastic. It feels splashing, chaotic, and arcade-ish. As many options as you have, the game never feels tactical. This is likely because there is literally no stealth element at all. Not that every game needs stealth, but being able to engage enemies and then evade and flank, etc. is part of the best shooters (Crysis 1, the Halo series, Far Cry 3). It is still excellent, but it is the story and setting that will stick with me for a very long time, not the gameplay. Expand
  59. Apr 23, 2013
    I remeber buying a game several years ago called "Bioshock". It seemingly popped up out if nowhere and was very well recieved at the time. I enjoyed the experience, since it was a creepy, dark, atmospheric game, which many fans consider to be a modern masterpiece.

"Bioshock Infinite" isn't your average Bioshock gams. No wrenches, Big Daddys or Little Sisters. You're sent to the floating city of Columbia to find a girl, Elizabeth. That's all I'll say, to avoid the spoiler police.
    Completing the game was an immersive and fun experience. The city was absolutley beautiful, the action was intense, and the plot was simply addictive. The developers at Irrational have reinvented Bioshock from the ground up. And what came out was one of the best experiences playing games in a long time.

60. Apr 25, 2013
    Great game, beautiful graphics, best storyline this year so far. Elizabeth is the best AI character in video games. Sadly this game's combat isn't as fun as previous "Bioshock" games, but still gets the job done.
  61. Apr 25, 2013
    Good story, good characters excellent ending to the so called savior of the Bioshock series, the best A.I. companion in a game and the amazing and smooth controlling of the sky-lines.
    But there was no combat improvement from Bioshock 2 to Bioshock Infinite just a like tweaks on the controls and not that many guns to use.
  62. Apr 27, 2013
    I greatly enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so I was looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and I am very pleased to say that it has lived up to and totally seceded my expatiation. The graphics where great, but maybe not all together mind blowing. The game play was great, but also not all together mind blowing. The story on the other hand, the story was not only great, it was all together mindI greatly enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so I was looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and I am very pleased to say that it has lived up to and totally seceded my expatiation. The graphics where great, but maybe not all together mind blowing. The game play was great, but also not all together mind blowing. The story on the other hand, the story was not only great, it was all together mind blowing. I don't have words to describe how great the story of this game was but let me tell you, I only understand half of it!
    Games nowadays are mostly simple in story and design in order to reach a broader range of consumers. In these times it is absolutely wonderful to play one of the rare games that can fascinate you, keep you deeply emerge and then blow your mind to bits.
    The ones that wrote the script of this game are either insane or brilliant, regardless this game is well worth the price if only for the story in it.
    I did however also find it to be very entertaining in it's game play. Jumping around Skylines, hook-device in one hand and my gun in the other, dropping down on my enemies and unleashing hails of bullets, murderous crows or shocks blots was in it self very entertaining. Though the game is linear and some what repetitive in game play and story it succeed in never making me feel like it was. I never wanted to stop playing and only did so when reality needed my attention.
    (Damn reality... always messing my game up)
    I recommend this game to everyone whose got at least half a wit to think with and desire to challenge it. I dare you to make sense of what happens/happened/is happening/will happen/"happenth"? to you in Bioshock Infinite.
    (You'll 'get' that last reference if you complete the game)
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    Loved the story and the characters (Booker and Elizabeth, the other characters aren't very interesting),the ending, the atmosphere (artistic design and music), the gameplay was not as good as the other elements I've mentioned but it was fun. It's definitively worth playing at least one time, I played it twice to get the story better
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    Pros: 1) Outstanding story, with satisfying ending! 2) Beautiful city of Columbia (visuals)! 3) Skyline adds dynamics to the game! 4) Elizabeth as NPC probably done the best in history of gaming! 5) Plasmids (vigors) & guns still fun!
    Cons: 1) less plasmids than in original! 2) Boring upgrades! 3) Unnecessary violence, unclear motivation of antagonist!
    Conclusion: Strong contender for
    Conclusion: Strong contender for Game Of The Year!
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    While I find the plot line and visuals ABSOLUTELY stunning. The big reveal at the end jaw-dropping and leaving me awestruck and staring at the screen for several minutes after the game ends. the Game play is only a little above average with skyline fights, Vigors and Elizabeth finding stuff for you being some of the highlights of the game play besides your typical shooter. When I firstWhile I find the plot line and visuals ABSOLUTELY stunning. The big reveal at the end jaw-dropping and leaving me awestruck and staring at the screen for several minutes after the game ends. the Game play is only a little above average with skyline fights, Vigors and Elizabeth finding stuff for you being some of the highlights of the game play besides your typical shooter. When I first heard about this game I thought it would be another dreaded escort mission game but I found out I was completely wrong on that aspect. One of my biggest appeals of the game was Elizabeth. she was definitely a far cry from your typical dead faced NPC you find in almost all games and made me actually feel for her during game play rather than in a cut-scene like you find in most game and when she was in danger rather than take my time and look around to find hidden objects like in L.O.Z. I would run after to rescue her. while I do see the points that some critics like The Spoony One make. I find this game so good that I can see past most of them. With game play being a little above average for me. So for my personal score I give is Plot/Story a 10/10 the Game-Play a 7.5/10 making Bioshock Infinite a 9.5/10 and a must-own Game. Expand
  66. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock infinite entered 2013 as one of the most hyped-up games of the year. After spending 17 hours on this game, I am proud to say it is lived up to the hype 100%. The atmosphere is provides is excellent, and will drag players in with a great story that will leave you staring at the screen as the credits role. Elizabeth and Booker feel like real characters, and even the villains of theBioshock infinite entered 2013 as one of the most hyped-up games of the year. After spending 17 hours on this game, I am proud to say it is lived up to the hype 100%. The atmosphere is provides is excellent, and will drag players in with a great story that will leave you staring at the screen as the credits role. Elizabeth and Booker feel like real characters, and even the villains of the game are fleshed out. The game also touches on many themes. In addition to the story told up front, there are 80 or-so "voxophones" that provide additional back story and insight to the characters and history of the floating city of Columbia. And speaking about Columbia, it is a brilliant creation. Created in a very different art style than the original bioshock's rapture, Columbia is no less visually appealing and carefully created than the former. Graphically, besides the wonderful art direction, Infinite's graphics are only average, even on highest settings on the PC. Gameplay wise Infinite is only above-average. Many of the guns are near-useless because of the ability to only carry 2 weapons. The vigors are very enjoyable to use, and I enjoyed experimenting with them until i found a combination that I liked. Hard mode is definitely the way to play, as it makes Infinite seem much more fast paced. Gameplay is also varied slightly with the addition of an AI "follower", Elizabeth, one of Infinite's main characters, who will provide you with health, ammo, and vigors. I never found that Elizabeth was annoying or infringing on gameplay. One more thing that annoyed me was the fact that the FOV was pretty low, mouse sensitivity was too high, and the game relied on a checkpoint system. All considered, Bioshock Infinite's scores are:
    Gameplay: 9
    Graphics: 8.5
    Story: 10
    Other (UI, options): 9
    This is a great game that deserves to be bought and played by all.
  67. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is a must play. If you love games and haven't played this you are missing out on an amazing game. The graphical details of this game will blow you away.

The game play is fluid and the fights are challenging (depeding on your skill and setting
  68. Apr 28, 2013
    It is a excelent, ambitious, wonderfully designed, almost bug-free, stunning looking game, and the voice acting is also superb. The only downside in my opinion, is the lack of different consequences, to your actions in game, and the story is a lot confusing, if you really got interested in the world of Bioshock Infinite, you will have to probably replay the game, very carefully, listen toIt is a excelent, ambitious, wonderfully designed, almost bug-free, stunning looking game, and the voice acting is also superb. The only downside in my opinion, is the lack of different consequences, to your actions in game, and the story is a lot confusing, if you really got interested in the world of Bioshock Infinite, you will have to probably replay the game, very carefully, listen to all voxophones, pay attention to as many dialogues as possible, an the list goes on. I agree, it is a bit overrated however. I also didn't found the story to be long enough. Expand
  69. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock is an amazing game, and beautiful to look at. I couldn't look away because it was so beautiful. It was like "I WANT TO BE THERE!" and they DEFITNELY did a good job at it. Irration games took a huge risk in Bioshock Infinite to take the setting from, the deep seas of Rapture to the floating sky of Columbia, almost the complete opposite. But they completely stunned me, and I wasBioshock is an amazing game, and beautiful to look at. I couldn't look away because it was so beautiful. It was like "I WANT TO BE THERE!" and they DEFITNELY did a good job at it. Irration games took a huge risk in Bioshock Infinite to take the setting from, the deep seas of Rapture to the floating sky of Columbia, almost the complete opposite. But they completely stunned me, and I was happy with the new setting. The AI has also improved tremendously, but I sometimes I felt like they weren't really playing tactical, and they were just rushing my position. Another thing to think about is how Elizabeth interacts with you, and how they set it up. Elizabeth's AI is AMAZING, she is NEVER annoying and never really gets in your way; its also never one of those escort missions were you have to keep her alive and I hate those. The gameplay as improved, but is almost the same as Bioshock 1 and 2, without much change. The ending sort of has you thinking about the whole story line, and is a bit trippy. The game is sort of easy, even on hard difficulty. Another thing to take not on is the skylines. The skylines, in my opinion, are the BEST thing the developers, have EVER thought of. Soaring through the sky like you're on the rollercoaster! It got me into the game much more, and I felt as if I was THERE. The bad things, which are in very litter number, are that the game no longer has multiplayer, which I can understand, would of delayed the game a bit more. But it gave you something to do after you finished the game. This game defitnely deserves the metacritic score it has, and if you have the money GO BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  70. Apr 30, 2013
    very good game, i even made my friend to buy it even he is not a gamer he told me that he finished it in 2 days because he couldn't stop playing. BUY IT
  71. Apr 30, 2013
    It is an awesome game. i like it very much. The graphics are a little bit old-fashioned compared to tomb raider and other games. It sucks that you can only carry 2 weapons at a time. I have 3 favourite guns and i can only carry 2 of them. That's the only thing I have to say.
  72. Apr 30, 2013
    Very good Graphics are nice, a New world above the clouds with new weapons and Story's I would suggest this game To all my heart its amazing! Oh forgot Your Partner witch is a AI actually Doesn't annoy you I would buy a game just for that! The Story is also very Well written well to me.
  73. May 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me start with this Bioshock Infinite was a great game, there is no doubting that. From the minute I landed in Columbia I was hooked. Now I may be a little bias, this being the only bioshock game i've played, but after playing this one I defiantly want to go back and play the first two games.
    From the first line to the last note played I was amazed. I had never felt so much for a game. I found myself sitting down and planing to play for an hour but then realized that when I had finally turned off my Xbox it had been four hours. I just wanted more and more. Knowing that there was a great twist ahead all I wanted to do was to see it unfold. I also wanted to see if the game could deliver a twist. Now I did call 2/3 of the ending. I had guessed that Elizabeth was his daughter and that he was Comstock, but when the ending came around I found my self awestruck and dumbfounded.
    Now some one thing that I found wrong with the game was minor thing. I think that the fact that I was on my xbox held the game back from looking as good as it could have been if I had to play on PC, and thats really the only thing I found wrong with it. I know that the middle part has you going back and forth, but I didn't find a problem with that.
    Now I think that somethings that were looked over in the game where choses. My friends say that they wish they could change the outcome of the game. When in fact you have. This game deals with time travel as well as parallel universal travel. Which means by picking the bird or the cage you have altered the universe you are in to be the one where he picks the bird.
    I thought that the game had great flow with no stupid loading screen every time I died and trust me I died a lot. A problem I had with that was that sometimes I would be brought back in room where there was no bad guys and found my self confused as to where they went, but with a push of a button I could figure out where to go. I thought that it was better than any map they could have given. I don't really enjoy maps as I find my self checking them every three seconds. enemies were hard to kill at some points and defiantly were smart as the would follow me where ever I go. Now I found enemies hard but something that balanced them out was that I had vigors and they didn't which gave me a little bit of the upper hand.
    Elizabeth a.k.a Anna dewitt was amazing. she didn't get in my way and I never had to worry about her safety, because the game is set up that they want to kill booker and not her, and I love that she would give things such as ammo, salts, and health. but even better not all the time as she had to look for them. Which made a game about a floating city in the sky very realistic.
    I would be happy with this being the last game of the series, and it defiantly felt like it was. This game doesn't need another sequel. This game did its job. It showed up when people were doubting it and provided a great story and an even greater twist, and it revitalized the series.
    Thats why I give this game a 9/10 (for consoles). This is a must own must have game.
  74. Wim
    Dec 27, 2013
    Wow just finished it and I am speechless. Absolutely fantastic game. The story has great pace, unpredictable, did not expect the end. The action is fantastic as well. Some slower bits with some action packed scenes as well. Had to remember to start breathing again after some parts. If you're tired of all the 'assembly line' FPS shooters this one is definitely for you.
  75. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what to say. I am blown away. This game nearly does everything right. It has a good story. You really care about the characters like Elizabeth is one of the best characters i have seen in gaming. And Booker which is the one you play as also have a interesting back story. The world/level design is just so beautiful. And you often get distracted by things around you. The combat is fun and the vigors and airline (i think it's called) makes it different. The ending is amazing, well though through and confusing. And the whole game will stick with you some time after you finished it. Of course there is something that i didn't like or just though could have been done better. Like: There is a boss in the game you have to kill 3 times. Or the level isn't open anymore. But the game is still the best single player FPS i have ever played. And i will give it the highest rating i can. Expand
  76. Jun 6, 2013
    2K returns with this installment of Bioshock, and does not disappoint. The game begins vaguely much like the original. You play as Booker DeWitt, and all you know is you have to find a girl in order to repay a debt. You find yourself dropped outside a lighthouse, and eventually find yourself in some sort of rocket, and you blasted into the sky, and are eventually dropped in the city of2K returns with this installment of Bioshock, and does not disappoint. The game begins vaguely much like the original. You play as Booker DeWitt, and all you know is you have to find a girl in order to repay a debt. You find yourself dropped outside a lighthouse, and eventually find yourself in some sort of rocket, and you blasted into the sky, and are eventually dropped in the city of Colombia.

When you first see Colombia, you immediately know this game is special. The city itself is full of detail and is truly a treat for the eyes. The attention to detail the developers had is very apparent and immersing yourself in this world is very easy. The voice acting of the main characters is exceptional making the characters feel real.

The gameplay is very similar to the original Bioshock. You have your weapons in the right hand, and your "vigors" in your right. Vigors are special powers you find through out the game. While these powers are very useful, the seem to take a back seat to the guns, usually not dealing as much damage as the weapons. I also feel as if there were not enough vigors. The game left me wanting more powers as these powers were fun to use. A big difference in gameplay from the original game is the fact that you only carry two weapons at any given time. This adds a challenging dynamic to the game, as you will have to pick and choose which weapons to use and when, knowing that various weapons may not be available when you need them.

The original Bioshock was famous for its atmosphere and story. This game provides a greatly different atmosphere than the original. As opposed to a dark fear inducing atmosphere, this game varies between a light and beautiful atmosphere, and dark and melancholy. The story of this game is fantastic, yet confusing. It will take a couple of runthroughs to fully understand and appreciate. All in all this game is fantastic and should not be missed by anyone, yet just misses perfection.
  77. Jun 7, 2013
    Bioshock: Infinite is a masterpiece. There are some faults here and there, mostly in gameplay, but the game still manages to freshen it up at some point, where it just gets a bit dull again. But the gameplay isn’t really important, you play Bioshock: Infinite for the story, which is absolutely incredible, even though it’s linear. So if you’re the kind of person who likes having meaningfulBioshock: Infinite is a masterpiece. There are some faults here and there, mostly in gameplay, but the game still manages to freshen it up at some point, where it just gets a bit dull again. But the gameplay isn’t really important, you play Bioshock: Infinite for the story, which is absolutely incredible, even though it’s linear. So if you’re the kind of person who likes having meaningful choices, play it anyway. It’s an absolute must have.
    Final score: 9/10

Full review: http://sebskyo.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/bioshock-infinite-spoilers/ (SPOILERS)
  78. Jun 9, 2013
    The first thing I wanna say about BioShock Infinite is that is a very overrated title: it's not better than the original BioShock at all. So, does it make it a bad game? Of course not! Actually, it's a pretty solid shooter and a breath of fresh air into the genre. I don't wanna spoil anything, but the game would be a 10 if the main character would be a woman. Once you finish the gameThe first thing I wanna say about BioShock Infinite is that is a very overrated title: it's not better than the original BioShock at all. So, does it make it a bad game? Of course not! Actually, it's a pretty solid shooter and a breath of fresh air into the genre. I don't wanna spoil anything, but the game would be a 10 if the main character would be a woman. Once you finish the game you'll find out. Oh, and the plot is very confusing, it take me two playthroughs to fully understand it. If you like a good and very frustrating challenge (1999 Mode), but at the same time a great story and characters, BioShock Infinite is probably your game. Expand
  79. Jun 10, 2013
    Like the first bioshock, this game is a masterpiece. The story, narratives are great, once you get passed the first half, the game just takes off. My only one complaint was that I wish the there were cooler powers, although some were quite fun to use. I don't know why people are complaining about the game being too linear, that complaint is used way too much. People are alwaysLike the first bioshock, this game is a masterpiece. The story, narratives are great, once you get passed the first half, the game just takes off. My only one complaint was that I wish the there were cooler powers, although some were quite fun to use. I don't know why people are complaining about the game being too linear, that complaint is used way too much. People are always complaining about exploring, exploring, exploring, sometimes I think its okay to just let the developers take you on an adventure the way they intended it to be which is what I think bioshock infinite does amazingly. Expand
  80. Jun 17, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is a fantastic game. The graphics and story are really great. If you don't know what bioshock infinite is here's a summary, Booker goes to a place called Columbia a city in the sky there he must find Elisabeth to wipe away a dept. But he as the story goes on him and Elisabeth find out the secrets of Columbia. Pretty neat story for a game. The game play is great and theBioshock infinite is a fantastic game. The graphics and story are really great. If you don't know what bioshock infinite is here's a summary, Booker goes to a place called Columbia a city in the sky there he must find Elisabeth to wipe away a dept. But he as the story goes on him and Elisabeth find out the secrets of Columbia. Pretty neat story for a game. The game play is great and the controls are pretty good. The reason I gave this a nine is most of the vigors weren't very good compared to bioshock 1's plasmids, some of the vigors such as devils kiss or shock jockey are very great. Overall Bioshock infinite is a awesome game and I recommend buying it Expand
  81. Jul 14, 2013
    The best story I've ever gotten to play, though a little short.

9.5/10

Pros:
    -Amazing story
    -Characters well made
    -Very good music and ambient sounds
    -Original setting and environments

Cons:
    -Too short
    -Graphic quality of character faces was too low for a FPS story driven game
    -Combat game-play could of been more complex
  82. Jul 12, 2013
    Probably the single greatest feat of storytelling a game has ever accomplished. This game will leave you begging for more, and wishing you could forget everything about the game just so you can play it through again and relive the experience.

I played the game through on Hard, and was super completionist. I unlocked every locked door and safe, explored every possible nook and cranny, found every single kinetoscope, telescope, infusion, voxophone, and tried my best to die as rarely as possible. I was rewarded with 20 hours of amazing gameplay and story.

When Elizabeth was taken away from me (as seen in the demo), I nearly cried. I fought tooth and nail to save her and bring her back, and I have never felt as emotionally connected to a support character as I did with Elizabeth. Being a hopeless romantic, I had hoped that the game would end in a slightly different fashion, but nonetheless I remain satisfied with the end result, and I am not disappointed in the brutal one-two hook and gut shot that the game delivered to me at the end.

In the end, there are only two true cons that could ever bring down the rating.
    1) The object collision in this game is pretty terrible. Very small and insignificant things seem to stick out and 'hook' onto the player, and this can often end in death (and sometimes some gamer rage) when it happens at a particularly inopportune time. It doesn't happen every level, and you account for it after some play time, but it is a definite con.
    2) The gameplay feels detached from the story. Sure, it's a pretty fun run-and-gun style of gameplay, and the Sky-hooks make you feel as though you are in control of the situation, but it felt almost too repeated and annoying by the end. Perhaps that was because I knew that I was playing the game almost entirely for the story, but the only thing keeping me from turning down my difficulty to kill a few of the pseudo-"boss-encounters" was my pride, since the encounters themselves almost seemed tedious at times, as if I wanted to just skip over them and get on with the story. I never felt particularly rewarded when playing through on Hard, and beating the game through on 1999 Mode was almost suicidal. In the end, this isn't a REALLY big deal, since you're playing this game mostly for the engrossing story, and the combat is just a kicker to the deal.

The verdict:
    Plot/Story -
    15/10 (it was THAT good)
    Emotional Connection -
    15/10 (I stayed up an extra hour so I could save Elizabeth, even though I was deadbeat tired)
    Combat -
    Overall -
    10/10, would recommend to a friend.
  83. Nov 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is maybe the most beautiful game I've ever played. The graphics, environment and the story is just magnificent (almost perfectly done). Only weekness is that it will end too early! Nothing more I can say.. The best game of 2013! 6/5
  84. Oct 7, 2013
    wow i haven't got words to describe this game, it's just too beautiful and the story is jusk way better than many movies nowadays.. the game is just incredibly amazing and well made.
  85. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent,This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent, which I mentioned before. Sometimes I just looked around how cool is this. It's a good game, it needs a try. But don't be disappointed, if you wanted some new things in the gameplay. It's a really good story-oriented game, that's it. Expand
  86. Jul 14, 2013
    The ending makes this the best storyline to one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life.
    I don't even know what to do with myself after playing this.
  87. Dec 11, 2013
    Personally I loved the entire storyline and the mind-blowing concepts of the Bioshock universe. The settings never ceases to fail in creating the awesome feeling of being in Columbia. This game is a must play for the story and visual experience.
  88. Jun 13, 2014
    Everything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game withEverything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game with a small tweak. And a very well one that is! The feedback makes a very lovely shooting experience. It seems that most people are dissatisfied with the over all combat gameplay and argue that the mechanics are weak. I strongly dissagree and think they consider what they believe is a good FPS combat game and why. Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2014
    This game blows your mind. As any of the Bioshock series. And this one in particular is so beautiful, the lights are very polished, the colors, the beautiful scenery, the soundtrack and the hard difficulty level gave me 12 hours of great gameplay. Totally recommended.
  90. Dec 13, 2013
    IN SPANISH:

IN SPANISH:

El Bioshock Infinite es un juego excelente. Es verdad que bebe bastante de los antiguos Bioshock, respecto a los vigorizadores (antiguos plásmidos). De resto, tiene una gran jugabilidad, el tema de los aerocarriles y desgarros añaden una gran maniobrabilidad al juego y las mejoras que se pueden comprar de las armas y los vigorizadores también (aunque estos dos últimos sean del primer Bioshock). El juego en sí es para mí un poco fácil. La IA en fácil es bastante... de risa, pero en difícil es bastante mejor, y en modo 1999 es un reto bastante atractivo. A la jugabilidad, yo le daría un 8/10

En el apartado gráfico es increíble, un diseño espectacular y un aprovechamiento extremadamente bueno del Unreal Engine. Me encanta sobre todo los primeros 15 minutos del juego, cuando se nos presenta Columbia como un paraíso y todo es precioso. También hay que decir que está muy bien optimizado en relación calidad gráfica-rendimiento. Elizabeth, que es la chica que nos acompaña en todo momento está increíblemente bien hecha. La animación de su ropa, la animación de su cara, sus emociones su pelo... es fantástico. Me encanta el momento en la Bahía del Acorazado cuando te la encuentras bailando, ese momento es donde mejor se puede apreciar lo bien hecha que está, sus expresiones faciales, como de confusión y de impresión, etc. Y además, no es un personaje de estos que molestan, que si le matan tienes que empezar otra vez. No, ella sabe cuidarse sola y no será un incordio, de hecho, no ayudará en los peores momentos lanzándonos botiquines, sales, munición o dinero. Aquí le doy un 9,5/10

Y la historia, este es el punto más fuerte del juego. Es difícil hablar de ella sin hacer spoilers. La historia es magnífica, cuando te lo pasas por primera vez, no entiendes la mayoría de las cosas, y piensas que están ahí porque sí, porque no las entiendes. Pero cuando te lo pasas por segunda vez es: ¡Ah! eso estaba ahí por eso! ¡Ah! esto otro estaba aquí por aquello! En todo momento se te está contando el final del juego... subliminalmente y es fantástico. La narrativa visual, los voxáfonos y kinetoscopios aportan un montón a la historia. El final por supuesto es lo mejor, un final que te da para pensar la noche entera, y luego ver un vídeo de alguien explicándolo bien para que las piezas terminen de encajar. La historia es sencillamente la mejor que he visto en mi vida, en películas y juegos 10/10.

Al final le daría un 98/100, es un juego que marca bastante diferencia en los juegos de esta generación, sobre todo por la historia, que es algo que se está perdiendo lamentablemente.
  91. Jul 8, 2014
    This is one of the most truly brilliant games I have ever played its one of those games that cements video gaming's status as an art form and the backgrounds are so insanely complex and detailed.Oh and 1 more thing:Would you kindly go out and buy this game.
  92. Apr 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a visual masterpiece with solid and fun game play. The story and outcome is similar to past Bioshock games, sadly Ken Levine is somewhat of a one-trick pony in that regard. That being said, the game on its own is an experience and can be enjoyed thoroughly without the older games.
  93. Sep 16, 2013
    The shoter I've enjoyed most since HL2. That should be enough explanation.
    This game is a good example of what happens when you mix great artistic skills with good story telling. Must have in my opinion.
  94. Nov 21, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I ever played. I admit I am not the biggest fan of shooters but like to play one once in a while and this one totally got me. Fantastic and challenging gameplay paired with a beautiful and exciting story that I would not have expected from a shooter and really interesting characters which you will remember for a very long time. I could not name a single flaw in thisEasily the best shooter I ever played. I admit I am not the biggest fan of shooters but like to play one once in a while and this one totally got me. Fantastic and challenging gameplay paired with a beautiful and exciting story that I would not have expected from a shooter and really interesting characters which you will remember for a very long time. I could not name a single flaw in this game. So even if you are not too much into shooters, you should definitely give this one a try. Expand
  95. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shotly, it has an amazing graphics: good shadows light has good efects and water is quite well designed, it doesnt requieres a hight perfomance to play on ULTRA. The story is very original and has goods DLCs with more types of games and a new story to conttinue. The atmosphere is unique you feel like inside the game.When you finish it.......no words.
    Its difficult to say but is a very good game, for those how like good stories and good sound and graphics.
  96. Sep 10, 2013
    One of the most loved games of 2013 it had an amazing (But confusing) Storyline I fell in love with all the characters it was as much fun as the first two games but together. It's worth every penny
  97. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    The story line is EXTREMELY COMPLEX. It will make your mind blow.There are multiple events all happening at the same time(You would not even realize it until the near end) and alot of mysterys that can only be solved by you,the player, thinking and processing what has been happening in Columbia(Bioshock's setting).YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING THIS GAME.Especially the next DLC coming up, Burial at Sea whereby it will TAKE YOU BACK TO RAPTURE(Setting of the first Bioshock game). Personally, I'd recommend you take a day off and play the entire game at one go,so as to not make you confused by the story as it will be alot of inferences that you will have to make.
  98. Sep 14, 2013
    Best Bioshock ever It beats up its previous sequels in all aspects mainly the graphics. The storyline was a whole bunch of wonders to explore. It was totally a new mesmerizing experience. The magic, weapons, were all amazing. The way we interact with Elizabeth was mind blowing. Great game!!! Best graphicssss!!!! Best gameeplay and everything!!!
  99. Sep 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows forThis is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows for the most thinking and enjoyment throughout. A near perfect story I can't wait for the DLC burial at sea!

My only gripe is that there wasn't more! I would love more detailed background on the city and character, this stuff is very much existent but I feel like it could of played even better. Some of the AI characters you meet are not fully interactive, and they could of really added in a lot more side content. There is enough but just not that extra extra that would of made it 10!

I loved how now they have added the living world, which no longer requires all that imagination like in BIoshock 1 and 2 where rapture was a destroyed/ ruined environment already. The game really progresses quite well, but never really goes backwards.

[SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT] One part I loved but wish was expanded further, was a bar you get to walk in, kinda a side objective. Inside are all theses brutally murdered guys, soldiers and rebels. The place really tells a brilliant story of a fight and you can see the details in to how each man was killed and really imagine what happened. Too some extent you can piece together exactly what happened, especially if you find the nearby rebel hideout in the cellar. A couple cops walk in, discover the hideout and are brutally murdered, cops call backup and completely decimate the place You get to really picture what the place was like, and how it became so distraught and ruined. Even to the tiny detail of how each man was killed, wether with a knife over the counter from a bar man, to a bottle over the head. I love that you get the old tape recording, which really adds to the story there, of how this lieutenant was called up as backup, eventually being tortured and executed by rebels. One thing I sort of wished for however would be say you get to walk in this bar, see all of the described, and really get a picture of the place. Perhaps then when you go back through the area a second time you see that same place but now being cleaned up. Get some detective in whose analyzing what happened, have the player interact and help with the case, add more recordings and really make something of it. Maybe even a choice the player makes, a side to pick etc. They could even perhaps add lots of extras like this. This sort of thing does exist in the game, you do see changing environments, but they just aren't as dynamic as one could hope for or imagine, and they only occur on occasion with a few of the areas.

Never the less, this is definitely worth a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I loved this game and already cant wait to play it through a second time. Not before I play bioshock 1 & 2 again first. Thank you irrational games, you have delivered a truly exceptional experience!
  100. Sep 12, 2013
    This is truly a masterpeice, no joke... Like any other bioshock game, it delivers non stop with great detail where ever you look, this is a game you have to play before you die.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]