8.5

1. May 20, 2013
    Bioshock offers a combination of a thrilling story and a rich world. An outstanding game in terms of plot and characters. Offers different perspectives of world and a not trivial ending. Best game ever
  2. May 24, 2013
    BioShock in 2013 much more adult and integral work than ever before. The game got rid of unnecessary conventions, such as the silent hero, the need for moral choice, and other mini-games with locks, and therefore become easier rather than because it has moved from the closed spaces under the vault of heaven. There was more to life details and events, and the action does not stop for a second. Infinite is not even perceived as a game, an adventure, a different life, or even (almost spoiler!) Several lives. It's a great story that can and should live on their own, and in which all converge together what is love video games in general. Expand
  3. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what to say. I am blown away. This game nearly does everything right. It has a good story. You really care about the characters like Elizabeth is one of the best characters i have seen in gaming. And Booker which is the one you play as also have a interesting back story. The world/level design is just so beautiful. And you often get distracted by things around you. The combat is fun and the vigors and airline (i think it's called) makes it different. The ending is amazing, well though through and confusing. And the whole game will stick with you some time after you finished it. Of course there is something that i didn't like or just though could have been done better. Like: There is a boss in the game you have to kill 3 times. Or the level isn't open anymore. But the game is still the best single player FPS i have ever played. And i will give it the highest rating i can. Expand
  4. Jun 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, Some people say brilliant, I say Master piece. I can't say much about the game other then that if I do it would only spoil the intensity of experiencing the game for ones' self. its a must own and a must play.
  5. Jun 22, 2013
    I had to read up to understand the ending but you really have to play the game twice to understand it all. The middle of the game gets repetitive as most games do but it all connects to the story. Similar to writing an essay a good thesis hooks you in the middle explains everything and the ending sums it all up. Basically if you are looking for a game with a great story play this game, if you want a Call of Duty like shooter this is not the game for you. Expand
  6. Jun 6, 2013
    2K returns with this installment of Bioshock, and does not disappoint. The game begins vaguely much like the original. You play as Booker DeWitt, and all you know is you have to find a girl in order to repay a debt. You find yourself dropped outside a lighthouse, and eventually find yourself in some sort of rocket, and you blasted into the sky, and are eventually dropped in the city of Colombia.

When you first see Colombia, you immediately know this game is special. The city itself is full of detail and is truly a treat for the eyes. The attention to detail the developers had is very apparent and immersing yourself in this world is very easy. The voice acting of the main characters is exceptional making the characters feel real.

The gameplay is very similar to the original Bioshock. You have your weapons in the right hand, and your "vigors" in your right. Vigors are special powers you find through out the game. While these powers are very useful, the seem to take a back seat to the guns, usually not dealing as much damage as the weapons. I also feel as if there were not enough vigors. The game left me wanting more powers as these powers were fun to use. A big difference in gameplay from the original game is the fact that you only carry two weapons at any given time. This adds a challenging dynamic to the game, as you will have to pick and choose which weapons to use and when, knowing that various weapons may not be available when you need them.

The original Bioshock was famous for its atmosphere and story. This game provides a greatly different atmosphere than the original. As opposed to a dark fear inducing atmosphere, this game varies between a light and beautiful atmosphere, and dark and melancholy. The story of this game is fantastic, yet confusing. It will take a couple of runthroughs to fully understand and appreciate. All in all this game is fantastic and should not be missed by anyone, yet just misses perfection.
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    Bioshock: Infinite is a masterpiece. There are some faults here and there, mostly in gameplay, but the game still manages to freshen it up at some point, where it just gets a bit dull again. But the gameplay isn’t really important, you play Bioshock: Infinite for the story, which is absolutely incredible, even though it’s linear. So if you’re the kind of person who likes having meaningful choices, play it anyway. It’s an absolute must have.
    Final score: 9/10

Full review: http://sebskyo.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/bioshock-infinite-spoilers/ (SPOILERS)
  8. Jun 9, 2013
    The first thing I wanna say about BioShock Infinite is that is a very overrated title: it's not better than the original BioShock at all. So, does it make it a bad game? Of course not! Actually, it's a pretty solid shooter and a breath of fresh air into the genre. I don't wanna spoil anything, but the game would be a 10 if the main character would be a woman. Once you finish the game you'll find out. Oh, and the plot is very confusing, it take me two playthroughs to fully understand it. If you like a good and very frustrating challenge (1999 Mode), but at the same time a great story and characters, BioShock Infinite is probably your game. Expand
  9. Jun 10, 2013
    Like the first bioshock, this game is a masterpiece. The story, narratives are great, once you get passed the first half, the game just takes off. My only one complaint was that I wish the there were cooler powers, although some were quite fun to use. I don't know why people are complaining about the game being too linear, that complaint is used way too much. People are always complaining about exploring, exploring, exploring, sometimes I think its okay to just let the developers take you on an adventure the way they intended it to be which is what I think bioshock infinite does amazingly. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    I can't remember the last time I got a game I literally couldn't put down. I spent the better part of two days completely engrossed in the story, the scenery, the characters, everything. Everything from combat to searching every nook and cranny for Voxophones and silver eagles was absolutely fun. My only regret is not buying it the moment it launched.
  11. Jun 16, 2013
    Irrational Games have done it again with imersive graphics, amazing and quirky characters, a vibrant and interesting world and a gripping story.
    Bioshock Infinite is a one of a kind game Elizabeth is one of my favorite character in gaming yet. The gameplay gives you choice, you can tackle each task however you want.
    If you have a good enough pc rig to run Bioshock then get the pc
    version.
    But if you get the console version you'll still get the same great game just with a lower frame rate.
    Overall: 10/10
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is a fantastic game. The graphics and story are really great. If you don't know what bioshock infinite is here's a summary, Booker goes to a place called Columbia a city in the sky there he must find Elisabeth to wipe away a dept. But he as the story goes on him and Elisabeth find out the secrets of Columbia. Pretty neat story for a game. The game play is great and the controls are pretty good. The reason I gave this a nine is most of the vigors weren't very good compared to bioshock 1's plasmids, some of the vigors such as devils kiss or shock jockey are very great. Overall Bioshock infinite is a awesome game and I recommend buying it Expand
  13. Jul 18, 2013
    Ignore any ones bad reviews about this game the story in this game is better than most movies the combat is fun and while there are some problems only being able to hold two guns it is still enjoyable the developers focused more on story and they nailed Elizabeth is great the game doesn't feel like one big escort mission she is helpful and never gets in the way
  14. Jul 14, 2013
    The best story I've ever gotten to play, though a little short.

9.5/10

Pros:
    -Amazing story
    -Characters well made
    -Very good music and ambient sounds
    -Original setting and environments

Cons:
    -Too short
    -Graphic quality of character faces was too low for a FPS story driven game
    -Combat game-play could of been more complex
  15. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no
    emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  16. Jun 29, 2013
    It has been a long time since I enjoyed a game so much that it sticks in your mind. Ocarina of time did that, along with Sands of time, Half Life 2, Beyond Good and Evil, and Bioshock 1. But since 2008 I have played many games, some which were critically acclaimed to be a masterpiece, some which were immensely popular.

I enjoyed those games, but since the original bioshock, not a
    single game impressed me enough to enter my top 5. (mentioned above) And to be honest, I wasent that impressed by the countless trailers and gameplay vids of this game.... It just felt like a scripted piece of junk.

Man, was I wrong..... Because Bioshock infinite has not only entered my top 5, it also made my jaw drop many times.

Lets get one thing clear, This is not what you would expect from a game with 'shock' in its name. Its not scary, or a survival shooter. It provides you with a completely different experience, and that is why its so good.

From the moment you open the gates to Columbia, you will be so lost in this game that you will never want to stop playing. Yes, its a slow shooter with a lot of emphasis on exploration and experimentation. But thats exactly what I want from a bioshock game. You will be confused, lost and puzzled. You will try to piece together different events with the help of audio logs and your personal interpretation. You will try to experiment with vigors all the time. My favorite was using devils kiss to throw a grenade and then using murderous crows to use burning crows on the enemies.

But its not the gameplay that hooked me. It was the characters, the outstanding setting of the game, and of course The story. Let me tell you, This is the best story I have experienced in a first person shooter ever. And I have played a lot, seriously A LOT... Elizabeth and the Lutece twins will always be my favorites. And the way the the game concludes: Holy s***....

However this game isn't for everybody. If you hated the first bioshock, there's no way you will enjoy this one. Also if you hate backtracking, "your princess is in another castle" moments, and collection quests, understand that these has been the normal features in the shock series since the legendary System Shock 2, and if you hate these things to death, please don't play this game.

But that being said, Bioshock Infinite is a spectacular achievement in terms of storytelling, characters and the setting a game can present us with. For me, I enjoyed it even more than its acclaimed predecessor.
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I have played so far. It is a bit narrative heavy if that sort of thing bothers you, I would still recommend that you get it. It is highly engaging and more than worth the $30 I played for it. It is not at all repetitive as many shooters can become. Furthermore you get dispatch minions with a buzz saw made of hooks...enough said
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    I played the game before, and I just watched a playthrough of it. It has the most beautiful story ever. Everyone should play it. I like the gameplay too. Some people had problems with the combat, I didn't, I really liked it; I usually don't play first person shooters, I don't really like them, but in this game, I enjoyed it. Best ending ever, best game ever, 10/10.
  19. Jul 9, 2013
    The world of Columbia is absolutely beautiful detailed and creative you will stop every 5 minutes to admire it. The characters have a strong personality and the story is rich, satisfying and it touches on many different themes with a strong and satisfying ending. What makes the game play unique are the skylines and the tears which offer fluid and dynamic action and adds strategic elements. Elizabeth's A.I. and personality are resourceful and makes her a solid companion. But songbird is an interesting character and I wanted to know more about him he's not properly used. There's not that many puzzles as the first one had the choices you make won't affect the ending in the original there was 3 endings in this one there is only 1. Recycled boss fights and useless gear. Expand
  20. Aug 3, 2013
    One of the best games in my life trully a masterpiece. There wasn't before in my life a game which I still think about after 5 months of finishing it. One sad thing after you finish it you now that something one of a kind is gone forever...
  21. Jul 8, 2013
    This is a beautiful, greatly written and greatly executed game. From the moment you begin to the minute you finish, it is fun, gripping, mind boggling, even scary at times but overall an almost perfect game, did lack exploration and freedom of choice but the storyline and ending are so damn good.
  22. Jul 9, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game. Characters and environments are beautifully designed. Game is perfectly scripted every minute is another solution, and it does not overshadow a gameplay on a contary, it makes it more dynamic. Voice acting is also splendid you can hear real emotions in it. Gameplay reminds first Bioshock, but it is much more dynamic and open. Even if it's not a sandbox, game is very big and it has lots of entertaining details in it. All in all, i agree with the theory: Yes, Bioshock Infinite is an electronic entertainment Messiah! Expand
  23. Jul 12, 2013
    Probably the single greatest feat of storytelling a game has ever accomplished. This game will leave you begging for more, and wishing you could forget everything about the game just so you can play it through again and relive the experience.

I played the game through on Hard, and was super completionist. I unlocked every locked door and safe, explored every possible nook and cranny,
    found every single kinetoscope, telescope, infusion, voxophone, and tried my best to die as rarely as possible. I was rewarded with 20 hours of amazing gameplay and story.

When Elizabeth was taken away from me (as seen in the demo), I nearly cried. I fought tooth and nail to save her and bring her back, and I have never felt as emotionally connected to a support character as I did with Elizabeth. Being a hopeless romantic, I had hoped that the game would end in a slightly different fashion, but nonetheless I remain satisfied with the end result, and I am not disappointed in the brutal one-two hook and gut shot that the game delivered to me at the end.

In the end, there are only two true cons that could ever bring down the rating.
    1) The object collision in this game is pretty terrible. Very small and insignificant things seem to stick out and 'hook' onto the player, and this can often end in death (and sometimes some gamer rage) when it happens at a particularly inopportune time. It doesn't happen every level, and you account for it after some play time, but it is a definite con.
    2) The gameplay feels detached from the story. Sure, it's a pretty fun run-and-gun style of gameplay, and the Sky-hooks make you feel as though you are in control of the situation, but it felt almost too repeated and annoying by the end. Perhaps that was because I knew that I was playing the game almost entirely for the story, but the only thing keeping me from turning down my difficulty to kill a few of the pseudo-"boss-encounters" was my pride, since the encounters themselves almost seemed tedious at times, as if I wanted to just skip over them and get on with the story. I never felt particularly rewarded when playing through on Hard, and beating the game through on 1999 Mode was almost suicidal. In the end, this isn't a REALLY big deal, since you're playing this game mostly for the engrossing story, and the combat is just a kicker to the deal.

The verdict:
    Plot/Story -
    15/10 (it was THAT good)
    Emotional Connection -
    15/10 (I stayed up an extra hour so I could save Elizabeth, even though I was deadbeat tired)
    Combat -
    Overall -
    10/10, would recommend to a friend.
  24. Nov 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is maybe the most beautiful game I've ever played. The graphics, environment and the story is just magnificent (almost perfectly done). Only weekness is that it will end too early! Nothing more I can say.. The best game of 2013! 6/5
  25. Oct 7, 2013
    wow i haven't got words to describe this game, it's just too beautiful and the story is jusk way better than many movies nowadays.. the game is just incredibly amazing and well made.
  26. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent, which I mentioned before. Sometimes I just looked around how cool is this. It's a good game, it needs a try. But don't be disappointed, if you wanted some new things in the gameplay. It's a really good story-oriented game, that's it. Expand
  27. Jul 14, 2013
    The ending makes this the best storyline to one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life.
    I don't even know what to do with myself after playing this.
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am confused that people can give this game less than a 7. IMO the story telling in this game is close to being a masterpiece. yes there are strange plot holes, but there always are when you start crossing dimensions. Gameplay is close to stellar for me, it has a great mix of run and gun and gives you nice tactical approach with Elizabeth's powers if need be. And how can people say this game looks bad graphically? Do you have your eyes shut when you play?? The art styling just oozes charisma along with Booker, Elizabeth and Comstock.

If your like me and love a great storyline, are not in it to 100% the game or beat it on the highest level and just want to enjoy a world in all its glory. Infinite is about the best thing your going to get for a very long time. I rate this game as high as Half life 2. YES I SAID IT!
  29. Jul 15, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the best of the BioShock games, and arguably the best rail-shooter (literally) of its generation. This is not an open world game, although it does a better job than most of its ilk in allowing some exploratory freedom and side-questing in its various zones. As a shooter it is above average, although with some annoying quibbles, particularly involving Sky-Lines and the collision detection of some of the Vigors. None of that really detracts from what is a remarkable story line with some of the best realized characters of this generation. Elizabeth is not only unforgettable, but makes for an excellent side-kick in gameplay mechanics as well. There is little else to say, but buy this game, especially during the season of summer sales. Grab the other two BioShocks while you are at it. Expand
  30. Jul 17, 2013
    Let me start off by saying this game caught me completely off guard. I had seen the trailers for this game and being a semi-steam-punk fan I needed to give it a whirl. And i can overall sum up my experience in 2 words, "loved it". The skillfully progresses from being a run-of-the-mill shooter with barely any back story but slowly progresses into a masterpiece full of elements like time travel, quantum mechanics and the love/loyalty between a father and sun. Booker Dewitt and Elizabeth make a beautiful team as the slowly find out about the people around them and themselves. The Lutece's in this game add a hilarious satirical humor to quantum physics, and could easily inspire people to become interested in the subject. The game play is nothing short of a good FPS game and Elizabeth's ability to give you health, coins and ammo help rid of the giant escort mission feel that might have appeared otherwise which this game is not. It is shy of a ten since the story is a bit hard to understand on its own and some glitches here and there that keep it away from being "The Perfect Game". Nevertheless I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Bioshock Infinite as soon as you get the chance. Expand
  31. Dec 11, 2013
    Personally I loved the entire storyline and the mind-blowing concepts of the Bioshock universe. The settings never ceases to fail in creating the awesome feeling of being in Columbia. This game is a must play for the story and visual experience.
  32. Jun 13, 2014
    Everything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game with a small tweak. And a very well one that is! The feedback makes a very lovely shooting experience. It seems that most people are dissatisfied with the over all combat gameplay and argue that the mechanics are weak. I strongly dissagree and think they consider what they believe is a good FPS combat game and why. Expand
  33. Jul 20, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is definitely one of the best fps games that I have ever played. The only thing that I don't like about the game is that I had a lot of ammo trouble, and patriots and rocket people take way too many shots to kill, even in the head.
  34. Jul 21, 2013
    Probably the best game of 2013.
    The story is awesome, like the intrigue.
    It's a game where you need to think a little, if you want to understand the end.
    Elizabeth is the first npc who are useful and not boring.
    Now, the problem is the I.A, the no-liberty, the "on-rails" game where you can go nowhere except to the good place.
    But it worth the 10 score.
    A must have game in your collection
  35. Jul 22, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Its story is complex (and makes your head hurt at points) but you never feel like you aren't Booker. Visually the game is stunning and their is a generous array of weapons and abilities at your disposal. The only reason this game is 9 and not 10 is a couple of points when I wanted more interaction with the world and people in it. The amazing beauty of the world seemed to disappear too quickly, I wanted to watch more of it and be a part of it. But still an awesome game Expand
  36. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was made with such an addiction to perfeccionizm that you will feel it trough the whole game. Stunning story, great art style, perfect combat with mutliple Vigors and guns. One of the best side characters in game ever. Its true, its not such a blow to your face as Bioshock 1 was but its still a must have title. One of the best games in history.
  37. Dec 13, 2013
    IN SPANISH:

El Bioshock Infinite es un juego excelente. Es verdad que bebe bastante de los antiguos Bioshock, respecto a los vigorizadores (antiguos plásmidos). De resto, tiene una gran jugabilidad, el tema de los aerocarriles y desgarros añaden una gran maniobrabilidad al juego y las mejoras que se pueden comprar de las armas y los vigorizadores también (aunque estos dos últimos sean
    del primer Bioshock). El juego en sí es para mí un poco fácil. La IA en fácil es bastante... de risa, pero en difícil es bastante mejor, y en modo 1999 es un reto bastante atractivo. A la jugabilidad, yo le daría un 8/10

En el apartado gráfico es increíble, un diseño espectacular y un aprovechamiento extremadamente bueno del Unreal Engine. Me encanta sobre todo los primeros 15 minutos del juego, cuando se nos presenta Columbia como un paraíso y todo es precioso. También hay que decir que está muy bien optimizado en relación calidad gráfica-rendimiento. Elizabeth, que es la chica que nos acompaña en todo momento está increíblemente bien hecha. La animación de su ropa, la animación de su cara, sus emociones su pelo... es fantástico. Me encanta el momento en la Bahía del Acorazado cuando te la encuentras bailando, ese momento es donde mejor se puede apreciar lo bien hecha que está, sus expresiones faciales, como de confusión y de impresión, etc. Y además, no es un personaje de estos que molestan, que si le matan tienes que empezar otra vez. No, ella sabe cuidarse sola y no será un incordio, de hecho, no ayudará en los peores momentos lanzándonos botiquines, sales, munición o dinero. Aquí le doy un 9,5/10

Y la historia, este es el punto más fuerte del juego. Es difícil hablar de ella sin hacer spoilers. La historia es magnífica, cuando te lo pasas por primera vez, no entiendes la mayoría de las cosas, y piensas que están ahí porque sí, porque no las entiendes. Pero cuando te lo pasas por segunda vez es: ¡Ah! eso estaba ahí por eso! ¡Ah! esto otro estaba aquí por aquello! En todo momento se te está contando el final del juego... subliminalmente y es fantástico. La narrativa visual, los voxáfonos y kinetoscopios aportan un montón a la historia. El final por supuesto es lo mejor, un final que te da para pensar la noche entera, y luego ver un vídeo de alguien explicándolo bien para que las piezas terminen de encajar. La historia es sencillamente la mejor que he visto en mi vida, en películas y juegos 10/10.

Al final le daría un 98/100, es un juego que marca bastante diferencia en los juegos de esta generación, sobre todo por la historia, que es algo que se está perdiendo lamentablemente.
  38. Aug 13, 2013
    More than just a game this is a work of art! The story is twisted and the ending unexpected. I’m a sci-fi geek, parallel universes and time travel have always fascinated me and BSI really shocked me in the best possible way.
    Combat and gameplay in general are fun and the characters are deep and complex (especially the Lutece twins), the retro atmosphere, the weapons, the stylized
    graphics, everything is in the right place.
    Bioshock Infinite is simply breathtaking, playing it is a must.
  39. Sep 6, 2013
    BioShock Infinite further proves that video games can be an excellent medium for story telling, having possibly the best story ever told in a video game. Bioshock infinite's use of vigors, skylines and more make the combat fun and repayable. After beating the game you will want to go back through and get all of the collectibles. The game also includes some of the most interesting characters to ever have been in a video games including Elizabeth who is a helpful companion that never gets in your way unlike in other games where you had to escort someone. The social commentary in bioshock games has always been a great addition to a game and it is no different here. The city of Columbia is both interesting and beautiful yet dark and mysterious. This game is a MUST OWN! Expand
  40. Jul 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a fantastic game by the developers of System Shock and the first BioShock that deserves to be played by everybody. While I agree with many complaints that, yes, the game is WAY overhyped; it is nowhere close to as legendary as the first BioShock.... But that does not mean in anyway that this is a bad game. The graphics are amazing, with one of the coolest color pallets of any game I've seen in a long while. The only real problem with the graphics is the character models are a little weird looking.The gameplay is phenomenal. My only problem is it feels more like an FPS than any of the previous BioShock games, that had some RPG elements mixed in with the FPS shooting. Now, here comes the part that most of you will disagree with. The story in BioShock Infinite was good, but not great. At many points it became ridiculously convoluted, and would seemingly just add twists and turns for the sake of being confusing, instead of making sense in the long run... kind of like the Matrix sequels. In the end though, this game is fantastic and everyone should play it. No matter the price. Expand
  41. Jul 8, 2014
    This is one of the most truly brilliant games I have ever played its one of those games that cements video gaming's status as an art form and the backgrounds are so insanely complex and detailed.Oh and 1 more thing:Would you kindly go out and buy this game.
  42. Jul 31, 2013
    A brilliant narrative with a memorable story and an unforgettable ending. Simply put, Bioshock Infinite is as much of a landmark for storytelling in games as the original Bioshock was. The sky city of Columbia is both gorgeous on a technical scale and an artistic one. The gameplay itself is reminiscent of an old-school shooter, though the action is suspenseful and rarely has a dull moment.
  43. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing graphics coupled with an amazing storyline. Set in a thought provoking and detailed world. As a shooter it is okay, although with many unique mechanics such as Elizabeth assists and Vigors. Has carried over some horror and supernatural type elements from the original Bioshock games, but is rare enough that it shouldn't deter anyone but the most faint hearted gamers. Bioshock Infinite has a level of finesse that is rarely seen in video games. Expand
  44. Apr 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a visual masterpiece with solid and fun game play. The story and outcome is similar to past Bioshock games, sadly Ken Levine is somewhat of a one-trick pony in that regard. That being said, the game on its own is an experience and can be enjoyed thoroughly without the older games.
  45. Aug 2, 2013
    Miałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niż staremu, jednak tej klimat wydaje się być tak samo dobry, nawet nie będąc mroczny. Do tego dochodzi Elizabeth, postać która napędza tą grę, jej pomoc przy walce, jej charakter. Można zakochać się w niej jak w Larze. No i fabuła, muszę przyznać bardziej zaskakującego zakończenie nie widziałem od...od...tak, takiego zakończenia jeszcze nigdy nie widziałem. Całkowicie pobiło ono zakończenie Assassin's Creeda 2 i ostatnio ukazanego Walking Dead'a. Gra co prawda nie jest idealna. Pojawiają się mniejsze bugi, graficznie mogła by wyglądać odrobinę lepiej, i parę elementów można by było zrobić lepiej(np. rozwałkę pod koniec gry).Dla mnie na razie FPS roku jak i kandydat na grę roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  46. Aug 4, 2013
    This is the best game that I ever played! Everything worked out just to cheer! Developers thank you so much! I repeat, this is the best game that I ever played!
    Sorry for my English, translated by Google...
  47. Aug 5, 2013
    [GERMAN] Unvergesslich! BioShock Infinite ist nun schon der dritte Teil der Reihe und auch wenn die Vorgänger immer noch zu meinen Favoriten unter den Computerspielen zählen ist Infinite noch immer beste Teil! Da es so in der Anzeige "So schreiben Sie ein gute Rezension!" steht beginne ich nun mit der Handlung. Infinite spielt nun nicht mehr in Rapture sondern in Columbia, einer epischen Wolkenstadt und Heimat einiger radikalen Christen, betrügerischen Propheten und seltsamen Mädchen... Man selbst spielt den ehemaligen Pinkerton Agenten Booker Dewitt welcher sich Schulden bei den falschen Leuten gemacht hat und nun die junge Elizabeth entführen und nach New York bringen soll. Weiter will ich gar nicht erzählen denn ich will auf gar keinen Fall die absolut Unglaubliche und Unvergessliche Story Spoilern... :)

Damit komme ich zum nächsten Punkt: Was gefällt mir am Spiel! Wie bereits genannt hat das Spiel bei einer angemessenen Spielzeit von ca. 12 Stunden eine tolle Story! Mit bedeutungsschwangerem Intro, einem epischem Aufstieg nach Columbia und einem unvergesslichem Ende! Zudem muss man nicht die Vorgänger des Spiels gespielt haben um mit der Story mitzukommen auch wenn man sich falls man BioShock 1 und 2 gespielt hat umso mehr über Zitate (und Elemente die ich nicht Spoilern darf) freut. Desweiteren bietet das Spiel neben der eigentlich für das ganze Spiel ausreichenden Story noch ein tolles Gameplay da man im Vergleich zu vielen anderen Shootern (Call of Duty, Sniper, etc...) auch selbst Spielen kann und auch verschieden Taktiken hat welche man trotz niedrigerem Schwierigkeitsgrad auch benötigt. Ich kann leider nicht alle guten Seiten des Spiels aufzählen weil sonst niemand dieses Review lesen würde aber etwas was noch unbedingt gelobt werden muss ist die Grafik und das Mapdesign. Im Gegensatz zu den ersten beiden Teilen sind diesmal auch die Menschen sehr gut gelungen und bis auf wenige Texturfehler habe ich nichts entdecken können also auch Grfisch TOP!

Bevor ich zu den negativen Punkten komme möchte ich noch sagen, dass ich das Spiel auch mit einem Singlecore Prozessor und einer Integrierten Intel HD Graphics gespielt habe!

Auch wenn ich das Spiel liebe gibt es trotzdem noch kleinere Mängel wie zum Beispiel die Schuhputzer welche nur so tut als würde er Putzen denn seine Hand ist 10cm über den Schuhen, oder das nicht vorhandensein der Fluchtmöglichkeite aus Kämpfen, doch obwohl ich es Versucht habe konnte ich keine größeren Fehler entdecken...

Als nächstes steht auf der Liste steht "Besonderheiten des Spiels". Also als erstes: Es ist ein BioShock! Auch ohne Rapture, es ist immer noch BioShock! Faszinierende BioShock eigene Texturen sowie BioShock eigenes Gameplay.... Bioshock!

Zu den technischen Problemen will ich nur sagen: Es läuft (wenn auch mit Minimalgrafik) ohne größere Probleme auf meinem 5 Jahre altem Laptop mit 2GB RAM, Pentium Prozessor, Integrierter Grafik,... Jeder normale Rechner sollte es gut zum laufen bringen!

Zu der Frage ob ich das Spiel nochmal kaufen würde: Natürlich! Ich habe das Spiel sofort nach der Bekanntgebung auf Steam vorbestellt SeasonPass und ich habe momentan NICHTS bereut!

Wer das Spiel nicht besitzt: Kaufen! Wer es besitzt und nicht spielt: Warum nicht?! Wer es nicht mag: .....

Hoffe das mindestens Irgendjemand bis hierher gelesen hat LG Sol!
  48. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the game where I have lived every moment. I consider myself to be the most luckiest person ever to play this game. The character of Booker and Elizabeth are simply a piece of mind blowing craft work. An exceptional game I have ever played in my life. This game, I shall remember until my death. BIOSHOCK INFINITE has taken me to the next level in my life. This game literally has it all. 10 on 10. Expand
  49. Aug 6, 2013
    Its a good game,They have given so many features interacting with new objects.It has a new story in it which makes things interesting which booker must bring elizabeth in order to save his son but in the end he fails.But the story is not interesting as its previous sequels Bioshock and Bioshock 2 I like the graphics of Colombia the people and etc Will be looking forward to new Bioshock game if it comes out Expand
  50. Aug 6, 2013
    I would give it a 8,8. This is my favorite game of all time, and i've played a LOT of games. the carachters are very likeable, the vigors are really fun, the gun play can get really repetative, but a lot of fun. The story is Beautifull. the enemys are interesting. it just got everything i would have hoped for it to be.
  51. Sep 16, 2013
    The shoter I've enjoyed most since HL2. That should be enough explanation.
    This game is a good example of what happens when you mix great artistic skills with good story telling. Must have in my opinion.
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    Best. Game. Ever.
    It's not overrated. It's all about the story, gameplay, and music.
    Graphics? Everything but face expressions are one of the best things i have seen in this gen.
    Story: I can't describe it. It's like reading a Haruki Murakami book. I'm not talking about the plot: this game twists my emotions and make me feel like a whirl.
    Music. Oh my god. Epic. Incredible. I want to
    hear it over and over again.
    What else can i say? It's underrated. That's the problem. The Last Of Us sucks. Sorry, but it sucks. I have played it, i know what i'm talking about. Play this. NOW.
  53. Aug 12, 2013
    simplemente fantástico ambientes maravillosos un gran paso despues de los anteriores bioshock ya que el pasar de lugares cerrados y oscuros a escenarios abiertos y coloridos le dio una vuelta total al estilo de los juegos anteriores pero eso no lo hizo un mal juego si no todo lo contrario le da un toque fresco la narrativa es similar pero esta claro que no es la misma historia pero si tiene las mismas baces en fin el juego es toda una obra de arte, gráficamente precioso una trama increíble y una excelente jugabilida. Expand
  54. Aug 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Prime example of story-telling at its finest. The characters are very well developed, mysterious, and complex. The story has THE GREATEST ending lasting roughly twenty minutes of jaw dropping conclusions. Infinite might just have to be one of the best games i have ever played, right next to the original bioshock.
  55. Aug 16, 2013
    The first Bioshock game introduced me to a place called Rapture, where self-made men could rule in an un-oppressed environment. When playing through the beautiful settings of Bioshock 1&2, all I could imagine would be how beautiful the next game would be. Infinite far exceeded my expectations on beauty, and amplified the game with a twisting story that connects to Rapture at the end.
  56. Aug 16, 2013
    Colombia is a beautiful city. The story is amazing and I really liked the ending, it got me thinking for weeks. Some things may not be fully explained but that just makes it better and more mystical.
    Vigors make combat much better which is good but overrused A lot of the gameplay is just *go to this destination and kill all the bad guys on the way*. There could've atleast been some
    puzzles.
    I also missed a map which would been very helpful to complete the few sidemissions.
    But every game has its issues and Bioshock infinite is a must-buy if you like FPS.
  57. Aug 19, 2013
    Amazing graphics, addictive (but simple, I confess) gameplay, perfect atmosphere and a MIND BLOWING history. Seriously, just the history would be reason enough to buy this game.
  58. Aug 24, 2013
    Damn, it's one of the best games I've played, the graphics are not great, anyway I love the graphics, has some beautiful colors and can perfectly capture the beauty of Culumbia.
    The dialogues, the maps, the sound, Elizabeth and the history of this game are absolutely amazing
    the only thing I can say about this game is (NOT SPOILER):

The end is everything.
  59. Nov 21, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I ever played. I admit I am not the biggest fan of shooters but like to play one once in a while and this one totally got me. Fantastic and challenging gameplay paired with a beautiful and exciting story that I would not have expected from a shooter and really interesting characters which you will remember for a very long time. I could not name a single flaw in this game. So even if you are not too much into shooters, you should definitely give this one a try. Expand
  60. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is my favourite game I've played this year. However, before I talk about why, I will say that GTA V *might* push it aside. This game is basically everything that's great about the BioShock series without the compromise. Stunning visuals, an incredible story (with an INSANE ending), very enjoyable and intuitive combat and, last but not least, a game world that's somehow more interesting and thought-provoking than Rapture was (and that was no easy task). It has a little bit of a slow start but I assure you if you are a fan of the first two BioShock titles, or even if you enjoyed the original BioShock but was put off by how repetitive BioShock 2 was, you will LOVE this game. I am eagerly awaiting the 'Burial at Sea' downloadable content which seems like it will continue Infinite's gripping narrative and ridiculously entertaining gameplay. Expand
  61. Aug 28, 2013
    I have doubts about Half-Life 2 being the Best Game Ever Made now... Can´t decide :)
    The gameplay is even better than bioshock 1... You feel like you are in a complete open world because of the skylines. Vigors (plasmids) never get old.
    Art/Graphics are just beautiful/amazing... I was blowned away all the time.
    The best game ever in therms of story.
    Get it. It's sooooooo GOOD
  62. Aug 31, 2013
    I was hooked on this game right from start to finish, an artistically and visually brilliant game, with smooth gameplay and a depth of story and lyricism. I played it extremely slowly, taking in every small an laboured-over detail. Looking around and just after you open the gates, can't put into words how great it looks. A refreshing game against ones of late.
  63. Sep 2, 2013
    theme,details,world design,characters,dialogues,story everything about this game is just beautiful
    definitely one of the best game ever made
    cant wait for DLC and another sequel of bioshock
  64. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I last played Bioshock 1 5 years ago, it was amazing. For some reason, I felt I should skip Bioshock 2 and go to Infinite. Infinite is an AMAZING game. Brilliant graphics, the most mesmerizing story, stunning effects, weapons, vigors.
    This game was really spot-on.
    The only thing I would fix with this game is that it's kind-of limited in a sense that the game ending shows you SO many possibilities, and yet the scene goes on without any interaction you could make with other worlds. this game could of had been expanded SO much and have a LOT more content. I'm hoping Burial at Sea 1+2 will fill in some gaps with you entering another world Lighthouse.
    all in all this game is amazing and you should play it no matter if you dont play shooters.
  65. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion, Bioshock Infinite is the best PC game that I've played by far.The graphics seems smooth on my PC and the gameplay was quite amazing.The best part of the game that i like is the storyline of the game.It is full of twist,mind-bending scenes and lastly that 'feeling' when you truly participate in the game :D Expand
  66. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shotly, it has an amazing graphics: good shadows light has good efects and water is quite well designed, it doesnt requieres a hight perfomance to play on ULTRA. The story is very original and has goods DLCs with more types of games and a new story to conttinue. The atmosphere is unique you feel like inside the game.When you finish it.......no words.
    Its difficult to say but is a very good game, for those how like good stories and good sound and graphics.
  67. Sep 8, 2013
    Simply Amazing. If you want to play BSI, don't read anything about it, otherwise, the story will be spoiled. The gameplay is great, but gets a tad bit repetitive towards the end, its okay though because it keeps the player occupied, and makes it really satisfying when you fully upgrade a skill. The unique, gorgeous environment in a historical steampunkish setting is the second most stunning aspect of the game, after it's story. Bio Shock: Infinite is truly unforgettable. Expand
  68. Sep 10, 2013
    One of the most loved games of 2013 it had an amazing (But confusing) Storyline I fell in love with all the characters it was as much fun as the first two games but together. It's worth every penny
  69. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    The story line is EXTREMELY COMPLEX. It will make your mind blow.There are multiple events all happening at the same time(You would not even realize it until the near end) and alot of mysterys that can only be solved by you,the player, thinking and processing what has been happening in Columbia(Bioshock's setting).YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING
    THIS GAME.Especially the next DLC coming up, Burial at Sea whereby it will TAKE YOU BACK TO RAPTURE(Setting of the first Bioshock game). Personally, I'd recommend you take a day off and play the entire game at one go,so as to not make you confused by the story as it will be alot of inferences that you will have to make. Expand
  70. Sep 14, 2013
    Best Bioshock ever It beats up its previous sequels in all aspects mainly the graphics. The storyline was a whole bunch of wonders to explore. It was totally a new mesmerizing experience. The magic, weapons, were all amazing. The way we interact with Elizabeth was mind blowing. Great game!!! Best graphicssss!!!! Best gameeplay and everything!!!
  71. Sep 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows for the most thinking and enjoyment throughout. A near perfect story I can't wait for the DLC burial at sea!

My only gripe is that there wasn't more! I would love more detailed background on the city and character, this stuff is very much existent but I feel like it could of played even better. Some of the AI characters you meet are not fully interactive, and they could of really added in a lot more side content. There is enough but just not that extra extra that would of made it 10!

I loved how now they have added the living world, which no longer requires all that imagination like in BIoshock 1 and 2 where rapture was a destroyed/ ruined environment already. The game really progresses quite well, but never really goes backwards.

[SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT] One part I loved but wish was expanded further, was a bar you get to walk in, kinda a side objective. Inside are all theses brutally murdered guys, soldiers and rebels. The place really tells a brilliant story of a fight and you can see the details in to how each man was killed and really imagine what happened. Too some extent you can piece together exactly what happened, especially if you find the nearby rebel hideout in the cellar. A couple cops walk in, discover the hideout and are brutally murdered, cops call backup and completely decimate the place You get to really picture what the place was like, and how it became so distraught and ruined. Even to the tiny detail of how each man was killed, wether with a knife over the counter from a bar man, to a bottle over the head. I love that you get the old tape recording, which really adds to the story there, of how this lieutenant was called up as backup, eventually being tortured and executed by rebels. One thing I sort of wished for however would be say you get to walk in this bar, see all of the described, and really get a picture of the place. Perhaps then when you go back through the area a second time you see that same place but now being cleaned up. Get some detective in whose analyzing what happened, have the player interact and help with the case, add more recordings and really make something of it. Maybe even a choice the player makes, a side to pick etc. They could even perhaps add lots of extras like this. This sort of thing does exist in the game, you do see changing environments, but they just aren't as dynamic as one could hope for or imagine, and they only occur on occasion with a few of the areas.

Never the less, this is definitely worth a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I loved this game and already cant wait to play it through a second time. Not before I play bioshock 1 & 2 again first. Thank you irrational games, you have delivered a truly exceptional experience!
  72. Sep 12, 2013
    This is truly a masterpeice, no joke... Like any other bioshock game, it delivers non stop with great detail where ever you look, this is a game you have to play before you die.
  73. Sep 13, 2013
    I love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind Lutece are outstanding characters. In fact, they are my favourite characters of the game, above Elizabeth. Their witty comments and their mysterious nature makes them incredible interesting.
    What really makes this game a true masterpiece is its story. Reading about the history of the characters and the city is very interesting and gives you more insight on what's happening around you. But what makes the story really that amazing is that BioShock Infinite has the best ending of all games I have ever played. Its unpredictability and genius is just amazing. I don't want to spoil anything, so there is not much more I want to say about the ending. Just play the game and you will see yourself.
    I really recommend getting this game.
  74. Sep 18, 2013
    Having not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wander around and restock ammo, vigors, etc. and take in the beautiful visuals. I did encounter a few bugs that caused me to re-launch the game, but they're excusable and didn't affect this score. The reason that this score got a 9 instead of a 10 is because of the end. I won't spoil it, but if you didn't pick up any of the voxophones (and even if you did find them all) the ending may be quite confusing. However, ending is what makes this game so great. Even months after playing, I found myself from time to time still trying to wrap my head around complicated/glorious plot. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Expand
  75. Jun 8, 2014
    I can honestly say that this is my favorite game of all time. I can't even explain how good everything is about this, just play it. Worth the time and money, I swear.
    I will say that it does help to have played the original Bioshock first, it just makes the little things better, but it isn't necessary (although I would strongly suggest it!)
  76. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be a terrible waste). All in all, this is definitely one of the most memorable shooters of the decade, if not of all time. Expand
  77. Apr 21, 2014
    This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast, and difficult. This adventure is tough, and makes it challenging for the average game player. I highly recommend this game, especially when you have a PC that can really stretch it's legs and run this game on Ultra. Even if you can't play with it on Ultra, it's still a beautiful game on low. Thanks for reading my review! Expand
  78. Sep 28, 2013
    This game has left a lot of questions and emotions after I completed it.
    The plot is so dramatic and well-writen, it can compete with the most top-rated books from the New York Times' bestsellers list. It's like a puzzle that you try to solve during the entire game. Allegory and metaphor are all over the place, makes your mind think and analyze, not just shoot.
    Thoroughly developed main
    characters are so likable, especially Elizabeth, you're going to empathize her from the first moments, and together with the excellent storyline your game experience becomes full of emotions. This is just like excellent thrilling book you read with all your attention. And when it comes to an end... Well... You will be blown away. Expand
  79. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has blown me away. The (very) philosophical and psychological story-line is something that appealed greatly to me. The graphics were nice. Game-play was great and no part of the game felt like a chore to play. Unraveling truth throughout the adventure through different mediums is a very cool aspect, be it through "tears" or different audio or video clips found in Columbia, there is a lot of incentive to explore to find these things and to take time to search the map for these clues. Elizabeth was such an easy character to get attached to, her emotions had a nice realistic appeal to them, and she was always helpful and never got in the way. High-tension moments between Elizabeth and Booker were also very interesting to the story and kept some sense of distance between the two when they seemed to have been getting close. I just love everything about this game, and having come into this series playing this game first and not being a huge fps fan, saying that probably means a lot. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. This is the most solid 2013 release I have played, and I look forward to replaying it and exploring Columbia even more this time around. Expand
  80. Oct 15, 2013
    Just when I thought the series was getting worse after playing BioShock 2, They proved me wrong. This is the best BioShock so far! I would recommend to play the first one if you haven't already, either before or after Infinite doesn't matter as the original BioShock is set in a future timeline than Infinite.
  81. Oct 15, 2013
    With all of the below about to be said, this game is in my top 3 of all time: Positive - One of the best storylines of all time - All around visually appealing - Excellent soundtrack (This coming from someone who usually doesn't give a damn about soundtracks) -Plenty of room for character development in the expansions. - Character depth leaves you connected to their fate.
    Negatives

- On rail plot development
    - The FPS aspect of the game is sort of under developed

That's a brief of a crash course I think I could make about it. My personal opinion, play the game.
  82. Oct 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite's combat may not be flawless, but it's visual beauty and mind-blowing narrative completes the game. It's proven to be a savior of first-person shooters, and it succeeds in many narrative areas; mostly revolutionizing the storytelling. The design of Columbia is stunning and it's a work of art. So it's the fantastic story, proving us that games can be art.
    It may be an
    artistic game, but it also has an extremely fun gameplay, even though it has several flaws which aren't game-breaking, but they push the game for being revolutionary gameplay-wise. It can get repetitive at times, it lacks meaningful choices, and it has useless gear. Is it revolutionary? No, it isn't. But is it a satisfying game? Yes, indeed. It keeps the game interesting with the use of vigors and some additional mechanics such as the ability to open tears from another universe. And, who opens those tears? The revolutionary artificial intelligence, Elizabeth. She's a beautiful and helpful character, who never gets on your way. She'll help you finding coin, salt and ammo. What makes Infinite even more enjoyable is the creative enemy variation. Fighting patriots, handy men and other badass enemies who use vigors, is always a blast. And also the skylines are a fun mechanic.
    Is Bioshock Infinite the savior of first person shooter? Yes and no. It provides a revolutionary narrative and visual beauty, and a not very revolutionary yet satisfying gameplay. But, Infinite is a very special game. It's a work of art. (Final Score: 9.54)
  83. Nov 27, 2013
    AMAZING! This game has it all good story, good M rated content, good characters, and good graphics. The only thing that keeps it from a 10 is the gun play. Its bad. But other than that its a amazing game
  84. Oct 21, 2013
    A rare treat in both cinema style storytelling blending with the interactive media we've come to enjoy as one of our favorite past times. With incredible visuals, fantastic protagonists, and an ending that will be talked about for years to come, Bioshock Infinite feels and looks just as rewarding as it's predecessors before it (yes, even System Shock 2).
  85. Oct 24, 2013
    Simply best game ever, Bioshock Infinite is a game with a magnific scenario and a extraordinary gameplay. Elizabeth is thebest second caracther of all vidéo games, just love it, just buy it.
  86. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the greatest games I have played this decade. Draws you in emotionally and delivers on a much bigger scale, up to the nail biting end. With Beautiful visuals, and great character development, this game has reached my top 5 games of all time.
  87. Nov 11, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype going into its release, not only because of the ads that were put out but also because of how great the original bio shock was. This game more then lived up to the hype, I would go as far to say that it was under hyped. Improved game play (which the game play was already great). Amazing plot (even thought it was a tad too complicated). It provided such a wonderful experience for me that I was really sad when it was over. This was one of the best games I have ever/ will ever play. Expand
  88. Oct 26, 2013
    I am always impressed with the story telling ability of this video game company. They really can weave together a story between the 1st and 2nd games and this is rather engaging as well. Expect lots of shooting and first person type stuff.
  89. Oct 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game with a mesmerizing story with an intriguing city. The city is beautiful but is darkened by evil. This game is one you will remember for some time.
    Pros:Great story, interesting characters, and a beautiful setting
    Cons: The only con is that the combat feels out of place; it is fun but rather ridiculous given the story and setting.
    This game is certainly
    worth your money and you owe it to yourself to play it. Expand
  90. Oct 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is gorgeous. The gameplay and mechanics are as good as ever. This entry into the series has replaced the eerie underwater environment with a circus sideshow representation of an annexed American "territory". The skyhook system is a fun addition even though it's slightly limited. There are some unnecessary plot devices though and the story opens a large can of worms that future games may either benefit from or be destroyed by. I loved the game but I'm worried that they may have bitten off more than they can chew with the storyline. Expand
  91. Dec 4, 2013
    -One of the most immersive games I have ever played.
    -The plot is amazing.
    -The game looks stunning.
    -The gameplay is fresh and fun.

This is one of those games you think about it days later!
  92. Oct 31, 2013
    Bioshock 1 and 2 were great. Bioshock Infinite however, had a bit of a twist. Although I did enjoy all the scares in Bioshock 1 and 2, It lacked story and character development that Bioshock Infinite has. I loved this game, the story, and the charters. The immerse world that you, the lone protagonist is thrown into is BEAUTIFUL. Elizabeth was an amazing character, with great voice acting and looked great; however her mechanic of giving you health and ammo when you were low was a bit too easy. Also the game overall was a little too easy, but if you are a true gamer you won't even try easy! It is overall an amazing game. A must have. Expand
  93. Nov 30, 2013
  94. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't find anything to complain about in this game besides the moneyhatting DLCs. The game is one of the best looking I've ever seen, it lasts about 10 hours in the main campaign. It is a riveting story which makes you feel like the characters are real people. Definitely worth the cost.
  95. Jan 3, 2014
    Amazing story and the level/character design is just perfect! The story might not hold if you analyze it too much, but its really complex and mesmerizing. The way it levels out when you play is just fantastic. And after you have played it through it makes you think back.

Sadly the game-play "shooter-experience" was pretty dull, and at times really bad. But you dont even think about when
    you play cus you are so caught up in the visuals and the story.

But dont for the love of god play the DLC. Some rate it high, but I just think its a shadow of the "original" game.
  96. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    Este contenido va a los usuarios españoles o Latinos de Steam:

Primera aproximación: 9/10 [Excelente]
    Realmente es un juego que vale la pena jugar, la combinación de un sistema de juego bastante intuitivo y didáctico combinado con la siempre sorprendente y fascinadora historia con la que nos tiene acostumbrado Kevin Levin, donde aprenderemos las emotivas peripecias del protagonista
    Booker Dewitt junto con la preciosa y enigmática Elisabeth, un dúo que va mas allá de lo que se ve a simple vista.
    Recomiendo jugar-lo en normal y el brillo en medio, el juego ya es oscuro en lugares determinados de por sí.

Jugabilidad: 7/10 [Notable]
    La rivalidad que me genera los controles tan sencillos y la intuitividad de las pelear hacen que me plantee como describir este juego:
    Los vigorizantes/plásmidos, son un recurso muy valido para las peleas, pero, no realmente necesario, el juego se puede pasar realmente fácil en modo normal sin utilizar ninguno de ellos.
    La sobresaturación de elementos en la pantalla (Humo, chispas, desgarros, etc....)combinado con un mapa que realmente tiene tantissimos detalles, hace que muchas veces, y de manera natural los enemigos se camuflen en el de manera inintencionada.
    La nulidad del efecto sigilo: No existe en este juego aún que en un apartado del juego te dice que puedes evitar disparar en algunos momentos; es mentira, el aggro de los enemigos es inmenso y a la vez, combinado con las situaciones donde se te obliga a passar por un puente custodiado, entrar a una casa llena, etc.... y la necessidad de ir con con Elisabeth, que va corriendo y paseando por todos los lados..... generan la nulidad de este elemento que a mi parecer daria bastante juego para una lucha del individuo para ahorrar sales y balas.
    *También he de destacar en este apartado que en muy pocas situaciónes los enemigos están situados por e entorno de manera que se pueda entender desde un punto de vista razonable: ¿Estan invadiendo los VOX POPULI y estan muchos de ellos subidos a tejados o en lugares donde es imposible que hicieran nada ahí..... ERRONIO.
    Como contrapartida abrumadora que hace que este juego para mi tenga un 7/10 es el sistema tan intuitivo y sencillo que corresponde a la gran variedad de armas y vigorizantes y la respuesta que generan estos en una batalla de "Tu contra el Barrio", la falta de sales continuamente, la falta de balas, la regeneración del escudo y la búsqueda de botiquines, son elementos que serian un estorbo demasiado grande que a mi entender dificultarían la curva de dificultad, sino fuera por la balanza de este juego: Elisabeth, ella te mantendrá provisto de aquello que requieras siempre y cuando estés en batalla y esperes el tiempo necesario.

Historia: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    Esta historia de viajes en el tiempo, correlación con este, afección y personajes, malos que no son malos porque sí, buenos que han cometido pecados, es digna de la mejor película Hollybudiense, así que para evitar más spoilers me detengo con esta frase: "No eres lo que crees ser".

Entorno y gráficos y banda sonora: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    No hay nada y repito NADA que parezca desencajar en este juego, hasta los "guiños" que se puedan hacer a los otros bioshock parece fusionar-se con la tematica de este, la música de cabaret, el diseño de la ciudad, la construcción de entornos para el apartado jugable y hasta la composición de los NPC a lo largod el juego, ya sea en personallidad, comportamiento y dialogos, ha echo que el juego imprima un sello de Bioshock en nuestras mentes, porque, cuando todos volvamos a escuchar las palabras: Vox populi, estirpe, profeta, progenie, y muchos mas, esoy seguro que nos vendrá un juego a la cabeza: BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

Muchas grácias a todos, Master gaia narrando.
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    The story, with its progression, complexity, depth and surprises is enough to earn this game a 10. On top of that, you get the bonus of great character development, interaction and voice acting, with a pile on of beautiful graphics, great sounds and music, tons of action and the ability to customize your combat and play style. And all of it is rounded off with a polish that most games are sorely lacking nowadays. Even though it is a stand alone, the game doesn't loose any of the feel from the original Bioshock. Playing through this game has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I that have had; there is literally nothing that was annoying or frustrating about the game. Play it for yourself it is well worth it. Expand
  99. Nov 4, 2013
    Fantastic aesthetic and excellent gameplay tied up by one of the best stories we will likely see this decade. Only issues arise in that some of the enemy encounters end up feeling like you are firing at a sponge until it falls over. This is not enough to significantly detract from the game however, and it's definitely one to play.
  100. Nov 8, 2013
    The best game of 2013.Storyline,gameplay,carefully formed characters and art elements are coming together in this amazing game.In my opinion this is a 10 out of 10 title...Nothing to want more from this game.Also the game is very very good optimized for PC even if it offers a very detailed environment of the entire Flying Columbia City.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]