BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Apr 27, 2015
    A decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. ItA decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. It isn't the greatest game in the world, but one doesn't have to strain to see the clear passion and hear that went into its creation. That's more than I can say for most AAA titles released today. Expand
  2. Vel
    Mar 22, 2014
    First, let me say I was a big fan of the first bioshock, and somewhat a fan of the 2nd. This one fell short of what it could be. I'll just list it as a set of pro's and con's, but please, PLEASE don't believe all the hype about this game.
    Pro's:
    -Graphics are pretty good, nothing ground breaking, but up to competing with what's out there. -The story was somewhat clever, kind of reminded
    Pro's:
    -The story was somewhat clever, kind of reminded me of dishonored.
    -The gameplay mechanics were very similar to bioshock 1 and 2, which made it easy to get in to

Cons:
    -The game was relatively short, with almost 0 replayability. While the game gives you some decisions, none of them feel like they mean anything at all.
    -The gameplay becomes VERY repetitive as the game continues. Move to the next area, shoot all the bad guys. Move to the next area, shoot all the bad guys. By the last half of the game, it was more a desire to finish than a desire to play that got me through it.
    -The story did not really flow. While the main plot was interesting, the sideplots and people you meet just felt like filler to point you to the next area full of bad guys.

Overall, if you can get it for under $10, it's a pretty good game, but trust me, once you beat it, you will never pick it up again.
  3. Sep 10, 2015
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not only could it be done well, but it can blow away anything else the genre has to offer in terms of offering a quintessential gaming experience.

The graphics are, of course, stunning, but it's the artistic direction which makes this game so good. You are drawn into this world hook, line and sinker - it's visual beauty contrasting sublimely with the ugly violence. Every character has depth, every plot point means something, and it all builds to a climactic finale that it would be an actual crime to spoil for you.

When people talk about video games as art and point to 'walking simulator' boring crap as examples of it, the reason I personally scorn at them is because of Bioshock Infinite - which is ACTUAL gaming art. A complete masterpiece, offering a totally immersive experience while giving you actual gameplay.

Which is why it's a bloody shame the actual shooting mechanics are so damn mediocre! For me, the core mechanics of a game are so central to the experience that it takes two whole points off the score. The gunplay isn't "bad" as such, just... average. The vigors aren't as impactful as the previous titles in the series and the guns are phoned in and lack any imagination and spark, which is doubly surprising given the inventiveness of the universe itself.

But it sort of doesn't matter. This is definitely a case of a game where the overwhelming positives drown out the one big negative, and does so with ease.

This game is now over two years old and obviously no bugger is going to read this, but I had to leave the review anyway. The game is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, bloody hell, do so, and lament the fact that you probably won't play its' like again unless a Half Life 3 comes out, because the AAA gaming studios have decided that unless a game is multi-player and a military shooter, there's no point in making it. Urgh...
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to

If anyone out there has played the first to games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should.
  5. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  6. Jun 17, 2013
    A visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves withA visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves with autosaves is a bit irritating, but not so much it'd turn you off of the game. My major issue with the game is that it's a bit long-winded, and this was only an issue for me because the plot was unsatisfying. I'm not just trying to say I didn't like the ending, I'm saying it doesn't make sense and because of that left me unfulfilled. Early on some plot devices are revealed that throw up red flags. The same brand of flags JJ Abrams uses so liberally in his narratives. If you can enjoy Lost or Alias, you'll probably be blown away by this game. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    A very polished game with graphically brilliant ideas, and all the stylized old-fashionedness og the prior Bioshock games. However for a person (like me) who can't have their life revolve around computer game, it has a game-breaking flaw: YOU CAN'T SAVE THE GAME. So if you played for 30 minutes since your last auto-save, and you have to leave, then you will have to re-do those 30 minutesA very polished game with graphically brilliant ideas, and all the stylized old-fashionedness og the prior Bioshock games. However for a person (like me) who can't have their life revolve around computer game, it has a game-breaking flaw: YOU CAN'T SAVE THE GAME. So if you played for 30 minutes since your last auto-save, and you have to leave, then you will have to re-do those 30 minutes next time you start the game. Why this was done, I have no idea if they wanted the game to be "intense because you can't save/reload at will" they could at LEAST add a save-on-exit. For a game at this price level, there is no excuse for this glaring neglection. Expand
  8. Dec 6, 2016
    Personally I think this game is flawless. I never bought it when it first came out, but I think this is one conversion that was (probably) done right. It works perfect on PC, and I assume from other positive comments on other platforms it works the same on other systems. This in itself is a mark of a great game. Because the developers care about their community. As for the game, itsPersonally I think this game is flawless. I never bought it when it first came out, but I think this is one conversion that was (probably) done right. It works perfect on PC, and I assume from other positive comments on other platforms it works the same on other systems. This in itself is a mark of a great game. Because the developers care about their community. As for the game, its an average shooter that has a 10/10 story thrown into it. Which makes it pretty special IMO. And in true Bioshock style, the ending was equally incredible, AGAIN! Bioshock is in serious danger of taking 2 of my top 3 endings in video game history, which is no mean feat in itself. Expand
  9. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  10. May 30, 2014
    As someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made upAs someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made up for by the splendid duo of main characters. The story in which you find yourself is worthy of the Bioshock mantle, though far more bizarre and cryptic than previous titles. Gameplay-wise, it feels familiar enough while still introducing some awesome new features: you still fight your enemies with a combination of powers and weapons, but there are new options for utilizing the environment to your advantage (not to give any spoilers). Definitely a good choice for anyone who likes FPS games, but especially for gamers who love compelling stories. Expand
  11. Aug 30, 2014
    Bioshock infinite is an great game, but it unfortunately doesn't quite match the original. Ludo-narrative dissonance is very evident in this game ruining the immersion. Each area is just a shooting gallery of copy-pasted baddies that u must slaughter in order to progress. The world of Columbia itself combined with the great and mind bending story is the saving grace of the game.
  12. Dec 21, 2014
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game ever made to my taste. After seeing the ending my mind was absolutely blown, both on the story and on how legit the game actually is, even in laws of physics and quantummechanics. I have finished it a month ago now and I am still talking about it and thinking about it, creating memory's where none exist about how things could have happened that are not explained in-game. Expand
  14. Mar 22, 2016
    Infinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't muchInfinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't much of a bother. I have to say also with no spoilers included, the end boss fight was a let down for me. Expand
  15. Apr 27, 2013
    I really enjoyed the gameplay but it wasn't all that different from the other Bioshock games other than the added regeneration shield making it rather easy in comparison to its predecessor and restricted to two weapons. The story was very interesting in the beginning with its take on American History dealing with themes like racism and equality and a unexpected ending that either leave youI really enjoyed the gameplay but it wasn't all that different from the other Bioshock games other than the added regeneration shield making it rather easy in comparison to its predecessor and restricted to two weapons. The story was very interesting in the beginning with its take on American History dealing with themes like racism and equality and a unexpected ending that either leave you confused or shocked. However, the story felt rather flat half way into the story picking up towards the end. Its is different from the previous game as its is more linear with the morale choices you make throughout the game having very little impact on the story. Most of the character were kinda dull other than Elizabeth and felt over the top at times. The setting is a fresh start for the series and the art direction they took. I would have given it a higher score if it wasn't as linear but I understand the direction they took when they made this game. Expand
  16. Jul 14, 2013
    For this review, I rounded up from my 7.5 score. Bioshock Infinite is a fun game and experience, but it is not without its flaws, being substantially overrated and over-hyped. The shooting mechanics are fun, as well as the items you use to incapacitate enemies. There are better shooters out there, but to be completely fair most of them are lacking in any real story or plot, and the focusFor this review, I rounded up from my 7.5 score. Bioshock Infinite is a fun game and experience, but it is not without its flaws, being substantially overrated and over-hyped. The shooting mechanics are fun, as well as the items you use to incapacitate enemies. There are better shooters out there, but to be completely fair most of them are lacking in any real story or plot, and the focus of the developers was pure gameplay mechanics. The AI of Elizabeth is groundbreaking and really helps me to feel a connection with the person I'm escorting, but it's still not perfect and I will occasionally find immersion broken by her running in front of enemies that should be able to see her.

The pacing of the game is where the score takes a hit. The first few hours, albeit slow, flow smoothly and draw me into this new world. My inner adventurer is extremely pleased by it. The next 80% of the game is combat, combat, combat. It's unbelievable how many soldiers you have to fight against when the combat starts. This is an isolated city in the sky, it shouldn't feel like a spawn camp for infinite soldiers. Too many games these days will pad out areas with unnecessary combat against hordes of enemies you would never realistically encounter.

I also have my issues with the ending of the game and plot holes, but seeing as that is personal preference, I will leave them out of this review.
  17. Apr 19, 2013
    Grab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the storyGrab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the story and you will enjoy it much better. This storyline starts with a bang and then jumps around more often than you can count. I would of liked more weapons, the vigors (spells) were plentiful though and got more interesting as the game went on. Overall this game is a go, as in go out and buy it this is better than anything that has come out since Skyrim and is worthy of your time. Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2016
    This game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, itThis game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, it doesn't seem like you get to fully explore Columbia.

Cost me $3.40 on sale, played 35 hours. Super value.
  19. Sep 6, 2016
    An excellent shooter with brilliant visuals and a decent sound track, Bioshock Infinite is utterly ruined for me by what I think is one of the most important parts of a game, and where it's predecessors shined - The PLOT. To be frank, if I wanted a plotless shooter with an excuse plot I'd load up Doom or Wolfenstein (and no, I'm not talking about the new ones). They do generic shooterAn excellent shooter with brilliant visuals and a decent sound track, Bioshock Infinite is utterly ruined for me by what I think is one of the most important parts of a game, and where it's predecessors shined - The PLOT. To be frank, if I wanted a plotless shooter with an excuse plot I'd load up Doom or Wolfenstein (and no, I'm not talking about the new ones). They do generic shooter better than anyone else ever could. I play Bioshock for a combination of story and gameplay, not just the gameplay. There are better shooters if that's all your after, trust me.

So it is with somewhat sadness that I am forced to admit that Bioshock Infinite's story is utterly stupid, as are the characters that inhabit its world.

The ending made me want to slap the creators with a trout. It was as stupid as the one dimensional characters you meet as you play the game.

But hey, it's still a fun shooter with pretty graphics so overall it's pretty AVERAGE GAME. It's a GREAT GAME if you don't care about the plot or the story. Unfortunately for my score, I do.
  20. May 20, 2014
    I am not someone who writes reviews after only playing a hour and then trashes or praises a game. After playing bioshock infinite all the way through and having played the first two games all the way through, I have to say while this game is good it's not as great as many critics make it to be. Is the game pretty? Yes. It makes good use of high end hardware for those who have powerfulI am not someone who writes reviews after only playing a hour and then trashes or praises a game. After playing bioshock infinite all the way through and having played the first two games all the way through, I have to say while this game is good it's not as great as many critics make it to be. Is the game pretty? Yes. It makes good use of high end hardware for those who have powerful systems. For a world that looks so gorgeous and seems so open, it's very on the rail, as they say. Speaking of being on the rail, there's no real choices in the game. The first two games had choices and consequence for those choices. You had to choose whether to save the little Sisters and only take enough Adam (in game energy) or harvest them and end their existence, but getting more precious Adam in return. You also had choices whether to spare or kill certain characters (some of which were real scum bags). Every choice had a consequence and depending on your choices your story may have a different ending. I used to wrestle with the choices made as I wanted a certain ending but also because I thought about what kind of protagonist I wanted to be. This game? Nothing. Not only are there little choice in this game but even if you make a choice it makes no difference because there's no consequence. You can kill anyone and it doesn't matter. Is that the message we send in games and entertainment? That choices have no consequence? It's also ironic as one of the games themes is redemption for the main protagonist. At it's core, this game is a solid shooter but the AI is dumb on Normal difficulty. If I got killed it was due to sheer numbers or an unbalanced damage system. Vigors for the most part were useless except Possession, Devils Kiss and Shock jockey. I ended up just getting a sniper rifle and sniping most enemies from a distance with headshots. So like playing Call of Duty in a prettier world. Not to give anything away, but the ending willing probably piss most people off and have you saying WTF. I walked away scratching my head, but after reading an explanation online it made a little more sense. The thing that pissed me off most was again no choice even when you finally face the games nemesis, Comstock. No boss fight leading up to the confrontation and no final boss fight, just an onslaught of enemies who come at you in waves. Just seemed lazily done at the end and was a big letdown for me, personally. Especially for a game series that in the past has stood out in the FPS genre as always having a strong story and solid single player campaign. I wanted to keep playing just to see what happened, but unlock the second game where I took the punishment of cheap kills due to unbalanced play as it had a great story, this one began to feel like a chore. Bottom line? This game is pretty and has lots of polish, but underneath the veneer is a hollow experience that left me wanting more. Play the original game and maybe check out the second as it still was pretty good. Wait until this goes on a Steam sale if you still haven't played this yet. Expand
  21. Apr 12, 2013
    art is fantastic
    environments are good but repetitive
    graphics very good
    graphic engine perfect
    sound is normal
    but the gameplay is boring...upgrades almost good for nothing
    very repetitive
    enemies quite repetitive ....
    the places where we are the same or very similar ...
    the history is ok.....not the best bioshock game...trust me...is overrated
  22. Apr 29, 2013
    Good enough. It looked beautiful but the vigors were never really needed. I only started using possession towards the end.

It just never really did it the same way that Bioshock 1 did. I think the main problem was that they loved the creative side too much and then failed to focus on the details of the fighting mechanics. Ultimately all the vigors were pretty wasted on me because i

Ultimately all the vigors were pretty wasted on me because i didn't need them and that sums up a lot of the combat. I didn't really need to think just empty the machine gun into anything that moved.

Pet quibbles Using frames seemed like a deus ex machina effort. And how come people just carried these huge boxes that they left around when they died and why did the sniper have loads of machine gun and pistol ammo on him.....

Won't replay
  23. May 1, 2013
    This game seem godlike to everyone, I think it is a decent game, but nothing too special. Besides the immersion and the combat features, it isn't any better than the original BioShock, and is plain easier than any of its predecessors (including BS2, where you used a Big Daddy, which makes thinks very, very, very easier). My guess is that everyone just gives a 10 to any USA game and a 7 orThis game seem godlike to everyone, I think it is a decent game, but nothing too special. Besides the immersion and the combat features, it isn't any better than the original BioShock, and is plain easier than any of its predecessors (including BS2, where you used a Big Daddy, which makes thinks very, very, very easier). My guess is that everyone just gives a 10 to any USA game and a 7 or 8 to a equal or better Japanese game. Besides that I don't think it is a bad game at any rate. It tells a good story, has gorgeous visuals and is fun. Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    This is one of the best shooters I have ever played in my life. On a par with Half-Life 1 & 2 for me.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a title I liked so much so I wasn't overexcited for this (maybe that was their plan haha!), but they built this gorgeous looking mindhump of a game. The story is phenomenal, even all this time on I absolutely cannot forget the story, it's one of those ones that sticks with you, and the characters are so likeable isn't the word. I love these characters, but they aren't necessarily likable...

Overall, like I said, on a par with Half-Life and Half-Life 2, give it a go.
  25. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game, and great story. The FPS combat wasn't anything too special, but everything else really makes up for it. The story is what I love most of this game. The graphics are pretty nice, although not the best.
  26. Sep 12, 2014
    Well, from the flawless gameplay to the amazing visuals, from the fantastic writing and extremely interesting plot to the great work of the voice actors - Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of the BEST video games of 2013.
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    After playing the game through its entirety, after having my emotions pulled several in directions, I was left in awe.

This game's story is simply amazing, however the only actual negative was some of the gameplay itself. The environments were great, of course, but the actual weapons felt... weak and enemies became too bullet-spongy later on in the game. Elizabeth though is a pretty interesting addition, as she runs around looking for stuff you're running low on in the middle of combat which saved my ass plenty of times. Though interesting she's almost the only actual face-to-face interaction you get beyond a few non-combat areas. And the vigors were... well they were actually pretty decent but mostly ripped from the previous Bioshock. It was more so the gun-play which was really disappointing. Things like only being able to carry two weapons pretty much forces you to carry a gun and a heavy weapon. At the end of the game ammo is very scarce and there are no vendors you can get ammo from at all. And really, it just felt terrible at points, I found myself wanting to just get combat over with just to get back to the amazing story.

I'd say its definitely worth a buy, as this is easily among the best stories ever told in a game. However in itself, not a good game.

Story: 10/10 (amazing)
    Enviroment/World: 9/10 (awe-inspiring)
    Visuals/Engine: 8/10 (beautiful but not amazing/console port)
    Combat: 3/10 (horrendously generic and unenjoyable)
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    In short: Linear. Fun. Beautiful. Not as great as I thought and people said, but still good enough to play.

The original Bioshock was a plot that I never could have predicted and was so shocking and mind-blowing that I instantly loved the game even more than I already had up to that point. This latest installment? I called the twist ending about a little over halfway through the game.

This latest installment? I called the twist ending about a little over halfway through the game. While I didn't predict everything that happened in the end, the major twists were obvious to me already and it was admittedly satisfying to be right about it. But perhaps that's because after playing and enjoying Bioshock 1 & 2, I know how the writers think already.

It is a linear story and really there's two moments in the game where you're actually forced to choose one option or another, and they are light decisions too. You can bypass certain side areas and continue on the main storyline full speed so I guess there's an element of player choice in that, but obviously that's not recommended. (unless you're doing a speed run)

Anyway, I played the game on Hard difficulty and it was pretty challenging at certain parts those Handymen are tough bastards! I had to be revived a lot on most of the boss scenes. For most of it though it wasn't too bad, even on Hard difficulty. Combat was fun, hectic, and exciting.

Vigors which are Columbia's version of plasmids are interesting and combos were pretty fun, although I didn't much understand the last one that you get (Return to Sender) and I had to actually look it up. I barely used that one. Haha

Character development is pretty good, and particularly with Elizabeth. They did a wonderful job of making her act more life-like. If you pause in certain areas long enough she goes around on her own and looks at stuff, pointing out things that you might have missed. She also interacts with the environment on her own if you give her some time to. For instance, sitting down on benches, leaning against walls, and particularly the beach scene is where you see the most of this free-form acting. The expressions she gives and her body language also reflect her mood, which of course is affected by the situation. Voice acting is of course superb for all characters.

Graphically, the game is good, but not as great as it could have and arguably should have been. Textures in particular could have been so much better. But the lighting and particles are well done. the atmosphere they've created is definitely fantastic and, coupled with the music and the actual gameplay, this installment of Bioshock is memorable.

Anyway, I do like it and would recommend this to people. It is a lot of fun to explore a whole different world from Rapture. The floating buildings and open spaces, the sky, the clouds, the sunlight, the society... it was a glorious sight to see and to be in the floating city of Columbia.
  29. Apr 30, 2013
    This game blew me away flawless story, gorgeous direction, addictive game play as near perfect a FPS as possible. The pace is just right eases you into the world lets you absorb the environment, play with the controls, then jumps you head first into the action/story. Highly recommend even if you haven't played the first two Bioshocks.
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite was a great disappointment to me. I remember watching the initial reveal for the game and being absolutely blown away by the original demo, but when I came to play the final product, I just couldn't help but think that the game was poorly thought out.

Firstly, the gameplay reflected the original Bioshock in the worst way possible. The original's setting worked really well with the gameplay because it was very claustrophobic, dark and hostile. Colombia is bright, colourful, open and has a pinteresque menace behind its racial connotations and extremist worship of the American constitution. Yet there was only ever one instance where I needed a sniper rifle, everything else was just shooting bullet sponges with guns that I had barely any ammo for because for some stupid reason irrational decided it would take a realistic stance on carrying only two weapons, which is absurd as you are sometimes caught in situations where you have no ammo for the specific weapons that you need for the scenario, I'm certain there was a gun that I only used the grand total of once throughout the entire story. I'd have rather they kept the ability to carry as many guns as you liked and increased the gun play so that it encouraged you to apply a more diverse array of strategies over 'Shoot that man'

The Vigors were also complete nonsense, I got that part of the story was that the Lutece twins were able to travel to alternate dimensions so they could take back technology to use in Colombia, thus hinting they went to Rapture and copied the idea of the plasmids. But in colombia vigors were completely irrelevant to the setting, nobody used them save for a couple of types of enemy. In Rapture, the plasmids were the whole reason for why the city descended into chaos, as people were using them more and more to wage a bloody civil war to the point that overdosage turned them insane. Aside from the fact they were horribly shoehorned in because 'That's what makes Bioshock Bioshock'; they were pretty bad, a lot of guys I know who loved Infinite admitted that they only used one throughout the entire game. A lot of them were simply 'stun enemies'. They felt weak and lacked the same versatility that the ones in Rapture had (ie using electricity on enemies in water would usually kill them).

I appreciate that I have been pretty harsh on this game, and I also know that the game really was trying to stand itself up on it's story. But the truth is, I found the story as mediocre as the gameplay. I understand the conclusion and the twist, but I felt it was poorly dictated. The ideas in the story have been done before, notably the concepts of the butterfly effect (One action in time, no matter how insignificant it may seem, kickstarts a further chain of events that vary in significance.) And the big point here centered around the baptism. The problem is that the story seems to identify that killing Booker in the baptism will save every Anna from being kidnapped from Comstock. What if Booker and Elizabeth killed the pastor at the baptism? What if Comstock was actually able to have a child? What if Booker decided that he'd make Colombia anyway even though he had decided to not get baptised? And then Levine creates these pretty little images of millions of lighthouses and multiple Elizabeth's drowning in some weak attempt to make you think that it had some sort of complexity to it, and yet it gains heaps of praise, but I wonder if this is simply because all these so called 'professional reviewers' were too busy looking at the pretty images Irrational put there.

The characters were also, I'm afraid disappointing. I thought it was interesting that they gave Booker a voice and allowed him to interact with Elizabeth, but the truth of it is that he is in a FPS game, and is thus brutally blowing people's heads off with shotguns and murdering policemen in almost inhumane ways. I have nothing against Troy Baker, but his character is completely unlikeable even more so because of his deadpan attitude to the whole absurdity of this bloodshed. Elizabeth is also the definition of what we call a 'Disney Princess' she somehow is a very bubbly and likable character despite having been locked up for twenty years in a large statue with a gigantic mechanical bird as her only companion. I know we're supposed to like Elizabeth and making her cold and introverted, but I'd have rather she fitted her character as opposed to having been the product of Ken Levin watching Disney's Tangled.

In conclusion, this game is mediocre and I was greatly disappointed by it. I liked the sound direction and I love the setting of Colombia, even more so than Rapture, but it was lackluster and felt like the unrefined product of a game that could have been truly amazing. I appreciate it if you read this review, and I know it isn't one that you might like if you loved Bioshock Infinite, but appreciate that I wanted the game to be great too, and I was let down severely.
  31. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is very beautiful and richly detailed, a environment unique that I really haven't seen before. Voice acting is nice to.
    Problem is your character although voiced this time around, he doesn't really interact with characters. Alot of the places while spectacularly beautiful don't contain nearly enough interesting stories. Also the whole alternate timeline cracks that you can peak through don't show characters so you don't know who's talking to whom. Thats not a improvement over audiotapes, its the same thing!
    The gameplay improvements we where shown in videos are not here, Elizabeth's power to alter reality like make yourself a door or pull in a train to squash all the enemies is mysteriously gone in the released version. They Scaled back what she can do, completely making this otherwise unique and interesting concept pretty dull on execution. In fact even when you do move into alternate realities all there seems to be is the same posters, the same turrets and sky hooks, which is pretty damn unimaginative.

Bioshock infinite has made the gameplay a tad weaker with less depth to the abilities (ie just lots of ways to kill and no real utility stuff) but they more than made up for it by making it challenging, a 1999 difficulty setting. Shooting guns is what these games are about. Long game is good. Hard boss fight is good, that is the point, testing all the skills you've learned so far.
    The game also carries over a issue we've seen before, the lack of choice. We don't really make any meaningful choices in fact we are barred from doing so when they would logically make sense.

A lot of things are not explained, like Vigors and handyman, but I don't care about that. Some non-sensical things happen like Elizabeth going right passed angry mobs that kill you onsight, eh oversight right there but I can forgive that. Overall I enjoyed the game but it really didn't connect with me philosophically or imagination wise.
  32. Mar 4, 2015
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  33. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  34. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It isThis game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  35. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is the inception of a new kind of game rarely ever seen these days. from the Amazing story to the impressive game play, it feels fresh and new.
  36. Apr 27, 2013
    This game has the most imaginative setting ever seen, a half way decent main plot, but its mechanics are borring and repetitive. Sure theirs magic and every thing but in the end you feel disconnected from the combat scenes. The guns are borring, the magic is alright and there is no change in combat the mechanics are shoot, shoot, shoot, magic, mele, and then rinse and repeat. The world isThis game has the most imaginative setting ever seen, a half way decent main plot, but its mechanics are borring and repetitive. Sure theirs magic and every thing but in the end you feel disconnected from the combat scenes. The guns are borring, the magic is alright and there is no change in combat the mechanics are shoot, shoot, shoot, magic, mele, and then rinse and repeat. The world is fully imagined which is why I have not torn it apart. But I have to wonder how this slipped by the developers. The graphics are reasonable. The story is good for a video game and I don't mean setting plot to different things. Bio shock is worth getting does it deserve a ten NO NO NO NO NO NO Things like IGN and people overate things way to much Expand
  37. May 20, 2016
    This game has good storyline, not bad narrative, endless boring action and mediocre graphics. The setting is also... quite strange. Another one step back in comparison with all great -shocks predecessors.
  38. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voiceBioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  39. Sep 2, 2014
    The difficulty is poorly balanced, and this is partly because you can only wear two weapons at the same time. The level design is also les slinear, which, for bioshock, makes the game less appealing. In Bioshock 2, powers you could use where muchbetter, you could upgrade more often, and min/maxxing was really addictive. This is no longer true for Bioshock Infinite, whose story, despiteThe difficulty is poorly balanced, and this is partly because you can only wear two weapons at the same time. The level design is also les slinear, which, for bioshock, makes the game less appealing. In Bioshock 2, powers you could use where muchbetter, you could upgrade more often, and min/maxxing was really addictive. This is no longer true for Bioshock Infinite, whose story, despite being well written, ends being boring. I wont comment the strategy that consist in selling season passes for story related content, sadly this is something common nowadays... Expand
  40. Feb 4, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Imagine that you are in a room, a relatively small one, with the standard ceiling, floor, and four walls. The floor is hardwood and the ceiling is painted sky blue with clouds. The walls, however, are painted with people and shops, and trees all in lush detail. And just like the wall of a room, you can't interact with any of it, just look at it. Sure, you can listen in on the same repetitive conversation from a group of occasional bystanders, you can even "interact" with the occasional garbage can, which may or may not give you something useful, although it is generally food or salt, of which you already have plenty of. It is simply a pretty picture that gets old very very quickly.

Once combat begins, it too becomes old very quickly. You wind up fighting the same enemies with identical AI over and over again. The uniforms may change and they may gain a few hit points, but it is all the same. The clothing and vigor choices that are meant to add depth and variety are entirely impractical and clunky. Cycling between vigors is cumbersome especially when you are being shot at by enemies that have unlimited ammo, whereas you are stuck with only a couple of weapon choices and extremely limited ammo.

This, of course, is the games way of compelling you to use everything in the game to succeed. You are supposed to use the sky-hook, and vigors, and Elizabeth's "tears" in order to accomplish your objective. Not only is the action too fast and the enemy too plentiful for all of these things to be practical to do at the same time, it also takes any type of choice in strategy away from the player. You can't sneak, you can't snipe, not in any realistic sense, before you get swarmed by enemies who either kamikaze your position, or cower behind cover. Some of the rare tougher enemies are fun, such as the George Washington's with the mini guns, but those can get old after a while as well.

Overall, the clunky battle mechanics, lack of real weapon variety and limited ammo, near useless vigors and time tears, novel but otherwise useless sky-hook, repetitive fight sequences, and virtually no ability to interact with the environment you are in, makes this game feel like you are just inside a pretty picture. Everything else feels like an afterthought.

Massively over-hyped. Mediocre at best. 5/10
  41. Jun 6, 2013
    the game only falls in the aspect of letting you interact with a city (you only do it once) otherwise it would be perfect, Colombia is otherwise a cool place and the gameplay just like the last game makes you feel baddass not just because of the vigors but the more open environment to fight in (skylines/liz), good game
  42. Sep 12, 2014
    a pretty good game which you would probably like if you are a fan of the franchise. game play and mechanics are not dissimilar from previous iterations but graphics are obviously better. many different ways to play through with interesting skill lines (although some feel a lot more effective than others). as with many other games that are not true fps (i.e. just running around with guns),a pretty good game which you would probably like if you are a fan of the franchise. game play and mechanics are not dissimilar from previous iterations but graphics are obviously better. many different ways to play through with interesting skill lines (although some feel a lot more effective than others). as with many other games that are not true fps (i.e. just running around with guns), this game should not be played as run-and-gun but in a more measured manner with abundant skill utilization. good voice-acting and a decent enough plot (with some interesting plot-turns). Expand
  43. Apr 25, 2013
    If not for the weak shooting mechanics Infinite would likely be in my top 5 games all-time. As it stands the story is griping and the atmosphere is stunning. The music and audio choice (aside from weapons) is top notch and adds layers to the story. Elizabeth is my favourite AI companion in a game ever. First game I purchased for $60 in some time and it's worth it. I am very excitedIf not for the weak shooting mechanics Infinite would likely be in my top 5 games all-time. As it stands the story is griping and the atmosphere is stunning. The music and audio choice (aside from weapons) is top notch and adds layers to the story. Elizabeth is my favourite AI companion in a game ever. First game I purchased for $60 in some time and it's worth it. I am very excited to see what the season's pass of DLC brings. Expand
  44. Apr 23, 2013
    This is definitely one of my favorite games this year. I don't want to write a long review so I'll just say that I had fun playing it, the story was certainly more complex than your average game, and the music was awesome. Whether you like the way the story wraps up or not, the entire game was great to play.
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favourite game for the pat 5 years I think. Characters of this game are like living persons. You can feel the world of this game and it's great. Also liked the change of depth of ocean to the skies. Graphics and music are really nice, and the minus of this game it's short. even in comparison with previous games of the franchise.
  46. Apr 27, 2013
    Everyone already said the game is great, and they're right. Graphic is excellent, the characters are well voiced and well developed, music though is problematic since every battle is always with that horror violin themed music which is kind of a letdown since the battles are so epic, and gameplay wise it's Bioshock 1 all over again except you can use the great skyhook. The ending creeps meEveryone already said the game is great, and they're right. Graphic is excellent, the characters are well voiced and well developed, music though is problematic since every battle is always with that horror violin themed music which is kind of a letdown since the battles are so epic, and gameplay wise it's Bioshock 1 all over again except you can use the great skyhook. The ending creeps me out, good twist but scary as hell. Too bad there's no new game because I would love to play the game again with my upgrades so I can own enemy asses and kick them out to the bottom of the sea. Expand
  47. Apr 19, 2013
    I don't want to spoil anything but this game is that awesome that everybody should play it. There are nothing negative about this game that i can think of. Just go ahead buy the game and play it. Support developers because these type of games are coming out really rarely.
  48. Apr 23, 2013
    This is the best shooter I've ever played. Every scene, and part of it was absolutely thrilling and haunting! I was expecting something from the level of the first Bioshock. But this one is better, more emotional, more brutal and much better acted!! AMAZING!
  49. Apr 22, 2013
    I changed my mind about previously fgiving this game a 0. it is actually a 10/10 game. I can't believe how good this game was after i got baptised. i didn't realize 99% of the game was after the baptization and i didn't really wanted to go through with it at first because of my religion but i got my friend to do it and now i'm playing it and it's really good.
  50. Apr 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the book that many modern shooters should take a leaf out of. Though the gameplay is not devoid of drawbacks to the keen observer, it´s potential to get you immersed in the gameworld and get emotionally invested is beyond anything which has been released in the last years.

GRAPHICS: While exploring the world of Bioshock Infinite you will soon see that the Unreal Enggine in its current stage reached its limits. Textures are often low resolution and if you take a close look at things you will recognize lack of detail. However: The graphic designers did such a good job at composing the overall gameworld and masquerading these shortcomings that it hardly matters. Admittedly by heavy use of Bloom and HDR, but Bioshock Infinite is a good looking game. It shows what the Unreal Engine is capable of when put into the right hands. Also it makes this run on older machines with relative ease.

SOUND: As in the predecessors the sound engineering was done well. Musical pieces fit the mood perfectly and help to establish the games great atmosphere. Voice acting is good as well and further contributes to atmosphere. Some weapon sounds could be better though.

SETTING AND STORY: The dark, gloomy and terrifying settings, trademark for previous games of the "Shock-Series" are gone. Columbia has not much in common with the Van Braun or Rapture. Though later stages of the game still heave an eerie feeling about them. I personally like the survival- horroresque atmosphere of the predecessors better. However when seen on it´s own, the setting works just fine and does not need to hide behind underwater cities or giant space stations.
    The story, though nothing really original, is well told if you WANT the game to tell the story. And that´s the part i maybe like the most: Bioshock Infinite wants you to explore the plot by yourself. You will only get a satisfying grasp of the whole plot if you search for clues. The more serious themes of the story like racism, political and religious fanaticism, turbo-capitalism and indoctrination of youth are a double-edged sword. Though it is nice to see a game actually dealing with things like that on a rather serious tone, it never really forces you to fully engage in these parts of the story. They sometimes stay rather perfunctory while being presented to strikingly and over the top.
    The setting and the storytelling though (even with some weaknesses in the story itself) is were Bioshock Infinite shines. Seldomly have i felt so emotionally invested into certain characters and the story itself.

GAMEPLAY: Why, oh why? So much could have been done better here. The gameplay is far from bad. It´s above mediocre. It´s just that it screams "Missed opportunities" right in your face. Gunplay is okay, though nothing special. Vigors (as the roleplay element is now called) are depraved to a gimmick and so is the skyhook. They are fun to use but you don´t ever really need them. Where is the complexity of a System Shock 2? Why use a rather mature setting and not deliver a rather mature gameplay with it? The AI leaves much to be desired. The level design is also just mediocre when seen from the gameplay perspective.Besides searching for pieces of the story puzzle there is no reason to actually explore the gameworld besides for some unmotivated loot grabs. An open world approach would have suited this game better. Interaction with NPCs is limited to one-liners. This was never a problem in the other games because you basically were on your own, just meeting the one or the other important storyline character. However Columbia is CROWDED with people...which sadly have nothing to say.
    It hides it well. But more often then not Bioshock Infinite is just your regular corridor shooter sprinkled with "action zones" where you fight of wave after wave of enemies. Also there is no free save feature in the PC version which can just be called out for what it is: lazy porting. If Ken Levine ever does System Shock 3, for the love of god, don´t do it like this.

CONCLUSION: Bioshock Infinite is a good game worth playing. It´s excellent storytelling (which does not mean that the story is excellent, but it´s good) and vibrant characters will let you immerse in the setting that a beautifully designed city above the clouds provides. Sadly, due to some gameplay drawbacks it is not the savior of the shooter genre many people make it to be. The general degenerative trend has taken it´s toll even on this franchise. It does many things better though than your average "Call of Honor: Medal of Duty"-Shooterthingy. There is still hope. I would actually give this a 8.5 if it was possible. But since it´s not i´ll role with an 8. In terms of immersive gameworlds Bioshock Infinite is a step forward, sadly gameplay-wise it makes a step backwards from it´s predecessors.
  51. Apr 17, 2013
    It´s really overhyped to be honest. And here´s why. The Story is genius and fantastic but the levels are looking mostly the same, so the gunfights are extremly exciting only for the first moments. It feels really repetitive after some time and the gunplay gets boring. The world is absolutely awesome and creative and the skylines are wellplaced and let the game feel a lil bit lessIt´s really overhyped to be honest. And here´s why. The Story is genius and fantastic but the levels are looking mostly the same, so the gunfights are extremly exciting only for the first moments. It feels really repetitive after some time and the gunplay gets boring. The world is absolutely awesome and creative and the skylines are wellplaced and let the game feel a lil bit less repetetive. But there are still some flaws. And it´s not the game itself. It´s hard to explain. Ok let´s try: You played the game and everything seems perfect and the game felt perfect as for many reviewers. Unfotunately you get that weird feeling some time after finishing the game. A feeling only described as "unsatisfied". Yeah, the game feels unsatisfied even the ending is one of the best in gaming history and you really love the characters. That´s the basic problem i had. The other more critical problems are the people in columbia. Not the racist problem, i mean that they don´t interact with you and that they have all the same faces. It let´s the world seem kinda empty. It feels like Bioshock 1 but Rapture had this deep atmosphere. The graphics are beatiful but outdated. Well, portal 2 was it too but still looked good. The points were it looses points are: NPC´s, Unsatisfying experience because of the repetitive fights and standard shooting experience and because it´s a pain in the ass to play it with a controller. The difficulty is easy medium and hard. If it´s too easy go to hard. Medium and easy are mostly too easy with mouse. For me Infinite is fantastic but not worth 50 bucks, maybe 30. We need more a atmospheric driven experience like Heavy Rain, Thief, Deus Ex, Red Dead Redemption, Stalker, Metro or Cry of Fear. Fantastic Soundtracks with longtime playability and fantastic story. Bioshock Infinite would have been a better Open World game then a shooter. Expand
  52. Mar 30, 2014
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    BioShock: Infinite is an amazing game that's incredibly well thought and enjoyable from start to finish.
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    Like I started the review for the original BioShock, I'll talk about the world. Irrational Games manages to keep the tradition of making the world a character and make it tell it's own story. Although the world tells it's own story, it has a lot more diminished impact, considering that now you are a speaking character (Booker Dewitt) accompanied by a talking character as well (Elizabeth) which distract you from admiring the world and just staring at it at times. The story. This game's shorter than the first BioShock, but much more focused, with better witing (and BioShock's writing wasn't bad at all), much more interesting and relatable. It was filled with emotions that few games achieved last year (The Last of Us, Gone Home). The Graphics aren't as realistic in 2013 as BioShock's were in 2007, but that's because Irrational takes a much more artistic approach and one that pays off. The music in this game is extraordinary, and really make emotional moments 10 times much more meaningful. The sounds are very good as well, no complaints there. The gameplay. Now, everyone thinks that this is a weak part in the game, but it really isn't. Although plasmids (now called vigors) don't make much of a difference in combat, and it doesn't change the first person shooter genre (like BioShock did), it's a satisfying gameplay and it's a lot of fun (although you might want to play it in hard like I did, because normal and easy difficulty don't bring any challenge). AI is great and Elizabeth really changes combat, by helping you with supplies.
    After all BioShock: Infinite is an incredible ride with an ending that will make you want to replay the game from a whole new pespective.
    Average score: 9.7/10
  53. Jul 14, 2013
    I played the whole saga of bioshock, and I really liked it except the second chapter. Released Bioshock infinite I played there for a long tempo.La graphic was not as sophisticated but does not count the graphics but the game that the game account. I am now speaking of history, the beginning has been copied to a little 'Beginning of the first chapter, however, the result of the game II played the whole saga of bioshock, and I really liked it except the second chapter. Released Bioshock infinite I played there for a long tempo.La graphic was not as sophisticated but does not count the graphics but the game that the game account. I am now speaking of history, the beginning has been copied to a little 'Beginning of the first chapter, however, the result of the game I loved it. The finale was difficult to understand. My vote is 9 out of 10 Expand
  54. Apr 27, 2013
    The best overall experience I've had since Mass Effect 2. Holds many of the good thing about the original Bioshock, while improving on others. Sounds and graphics are just as good as the other Shock games and the combat is very fun.
  55. Jun 6, 2013
    I am going to be brutally honest. The beginning of the game was fantastic. I was lost in a world completely different than any other game I had ever played. However, the majority of this game was below par, the story carried very slowly and it had the same problems as the previous Bioshock games. For first person shooters, the shooting pretty much sucks, if the action is what you want,I am going to be brutally honest. The beginning of the game was fantastic. I was lost in a world completely different than any other game I had ever played. However, the majority of this game was below par, the story carried very slowly and it had the same problems as the previous Bioshock games. For first person shooters, the shooting pretty much sucks, if the action is what you want, this game is not for you. You basically use the exact same strategy for every single encounter and it is the same enemies over and over. That said, the world and characters were amazing, but I would still have only given this game 5/10. That is, until the last 25 minutes of the game. I won't spoil what happens for anyone who hasn't played it, but the ending BLEW MY MIND. I was shocked, and confused, and all I could think was "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?" It is the single most confusing and yet amazing ending to any of the hundreds of games I have played. Getting there takes some patience, but the ending makes this game worth a play. Expand
  56. Apr 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a huge BioShock fan, i've finished them all and now i'm willing to give my opinion on infinite

Infinite's gameplay is more interesting than other FPS games, as it has the use of 'vigours' to aid you in combat. All of the vigours are really enjoyable to use and can help you greatly in some circumstances, however, there are not enough vigours and there is no way to buy more (like in BioShock 1&2). They have also scrapped gene tonics and swapped them for gear, which, although it does practically the same thing, is nowhere near as cool.

My other problem with the gameplay is that it feels somewhat generic. You can only carry 2 weapons, there's a sprint button and you can no longer carry health kits. Elizabeth has to give them to you.

My final problem with this game is that we were promised something we never got. The original 'gameplay' was faked, and better than the actual game.

Now onto the story, the story is good and consists of paradoxes, religion, racism. It is set in a floating city called Colombia. You play as Booker DeWitt, a man who gambled and is now in debt. In order to pay off his debt he has to go to Colombia and take a girl, known as elizabeth, from her tower on monument island and to New York, unharmed. Ok, so this first bit of story contains a few clichés, but on the whole is good. I don't really want to spoil the game for those who want to play it, so the spoilers in this are very minor. Let's just say the storyline has a few more clichés in it. These clichés are executed well, however, so it doesn't matter quite as much. Also, the ending left me feeling unsatisfied. The game just ends at a stop and you don't see it coming. The game also felt shorter than it really was.

My overall, This game is fun, and the graphics are amazing, but it doesn't quite live with the standards that Bioshock 1 set. That is quite hard though. This game still meets those standards, just in a different way. I loved this game, but it is slightly over rated. Only slightly though.
  57. Apr 14, 2013
    Great story. Gameplay was....well, you walk forward and shoot things, don't you? Insofar as that's what people seem to love these days, it did that just fine. Objectively, that was boring as crap. Worth playing for the story alone.
  58. Apr 17, 2013
    wow whats really left to say.... ive been a gamer all my life and i have to say this is the best game ive played so far i give this a solid 10! sure the game was not that long but we have to consider games are art! and this one is a masterpiece the story is great the gameplay is really superv! the graphcics are amazing (if you played it on pc) so t here you go i dont have anything leftwow whats really left to say.... ive been a gamer all my life and i have to say this is the best game ive played so far i give this a solid 10! sure the game was not that long but we have to consider games are art! and this one is a masterpiece the story is great the gameplay is really superv! the graphcics are amazing (if you played it on pc) so t here you go i dont have anything left to say!! buy the game and enjoy it like i did!! Expand
  59. Apr 19, 2013
    Simply put everything i wanted out of the sequel after the slight stumble of the the second game. Game play is as good as it gets, music is engaging and relevant, looks outstanding brilliant artistic direction and the plot does just enough to keep you guessing then utterly pulls the rug out from under your feet to remind you that your a mere mortal after all. Would you kindly play this game.
  60. Apr 20, 2013
    Honestly this game will satisfy you with amazing graphics great story and great characters. You won't be sorry for buying this great game. The gameplay is much more smoother then the other two bioshock games also the atmosphere of this game is the complete opposite of the other two I love this idea so far so good with this game but the only thing that is a flaw with my opinion is that theHonestly this game will satisfy you with amazing graphics great story and great characters. You won't be sorry for buying this great game. The gameplay is much more smoother then the other two bioshock games also the atmosphere of this game is the complete opposite of the other two I love this idea so far so good with this game but the only thing that is a flaw with my opinion is that the game can be consistent sometimes but over all the game is great you should honestly pick up a copy or rent because this game is great :D Expand
  61. Apr 20, 2013
    I believe that this game fails to be a 10 out of 10 due to two reasons.
    1. Your gear and weapons:
    - Only two weapons can be carried at any one time. - Most of the gear you find is never used due to the limitation of when its effects are really placed in effect and well... vigors can seem really underpowered sometimes. This last observation probably to make placing vigor traps more
    I believe that this game fails to be a 10 out of 10 due to two reasons.
    1. Your gear and weapons:
    - Only two weapons can be carried at any one time.
    - Most of the gear you find is never used due to the limitation of when its effects are really placed in effect and well... vigors can seem really underpowered sometimes. This last observation probably to make placing vigor traps more attractive.
    2. The game is COMPLETELY linear!:
    That you're taken out the option to explore and see the various consequences of what has been going on takes out so much of the game. It is basically a storyline game as some have put it. I don't find this as important though as what I mention on point 1.

Overall this game deserves the scores it is getting. A 10... no. But definitely between it and 9.
    Bioshock's infinite story and characters are very well made. Its graphics are incredible with an ambience that can have you looking at every little detail of the floating city.

It is a daring proposal from its makers when you realize they bet most of the game's attraction on Elizabeth. And well... daring proposals is what we need... not the same things layed out differently.

This is where the game really stands out and has done it beatifully. Elizabeth can just capture you without notice.

So basically if you want to experience something different. BUY THIS GAME!
    Unless you're enclosed to what the gaming market wants you to be enclosed in then you will definitely enjoy this game.
    Is it a linear first person shooter? Yes... but a damned good one.
  62. Apr 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've found the story delightful and very entertaining as I did in the others Bioshocks but sometimes during the gameplay I kind of get bored.You never use all the powers and the acces to them are slow and difficult, I think that I would have enjoyed more the action if I could use the L button to spell them but whatever... It is an awesome game with a few details to improve. The conversations with the girl during the game are very nice to keep you interested so are the records. I totally recommend it. Expand
  63. Apr 21, 2013
    Starting in the doom and gloom was suddenly contrasted when I entered the beautiful world of Columbia. I have never been so engaged in a game in my entire life. Could not put this game down until I finished it. Worth a replay. A prime example of a storyline done right.
  64. Apr 22, 2013
    All around great game! if you did not buy it go ahead and buy it you will be happy.if you decide to get the game play it on hard mode or just unlock 1999 mode and take your time enjoying the game.
  65. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant, whilst i do agree that the combat may have been 'lacking' considering this as an FPS. It is also a story, a movie, an RPG. The pacing of the story was excellent, allowing one enough time to figure out what is happening without having too much of a break between to dilute the experience. The character development is phenomenal, i've never experienced such a strong feeling of loss when Elizabeth was captured. The realization of how useful Elizabeth has been in throwing you supplies during combat and the fact that she in a way, sacrificed her freedom in exchange for your life.
    It is only truly at the end of the game do you realise that everything you have encountered was masterfully crafted, one complete story. Every voxophone you played, the opening scene, even the phrase 'Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt'. It turned out not a monetary debt, but rather one that of morality and duty. The story and presentation of the game ITSELF (I don't give a damn if this wasn't even a shooter), coupled with excellent visuals itself, has me decidedly giving this game a 10/10.
    Crush on Elizabeth anyone? Lol
  66. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game play runs smoothly nothing too different from the 1st game except a very limited shield which takes a couple of hits and a 2 gun limit which makes it a little more challenging. Liz's AI is very well done. The character development, the scripting and interaction works perfectly. The story is great as well, and worth a replay to catch the subtleties which are weaved through out the games. A very well imagined world which ropes you in, and levels which are linear in a fashion but also allow a lot of free will. Also graphicly beautiful even running on Low, not realistic graphics beautiful, but that wouldn't work for this game style. Well optimized. Over all I thought a brilliant game which left me in awe at the end. Expand
  67. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All that i can say its that Bioshock Infinite is a huge success. And its even good for a change in a flying city instead of a underwater city. The graphics are so beautiful and the world in Bioshock Infinite is so alive that it will keep you watching its wonderful things it has to offer. I have spent hours enjoying myself at the start of the game when you enter the flying city of Columbia. Even the carnival is so attractive that you will be forced to do the amazing games in it. But seriously why can you only carry 2 weapons? It should be allowed to carry an UNLIMITED weapon limit! If you are clever you will also stick to the 2 best weapons through the entire game. That still doesn't bother me, this game is amazing and if you still don't have it, spend your freaking money on it its worth it. I give this game a glorious 10 out of 10! Its so good that you just must get it! There are already a few DLC'S planned for the game and i believe that they will make this game a even bigger success! This is the best game of 2013 hands down everyone, hands down! Expand
  68. Apr 23, 2013
    this game is one of best and maybe best video game that I have played already. graphics, sounds and story is perfect... and at the and is "game of the year".
  69. May 2, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. It's not superior than other top games in a particular way. The game as a whole is just astonishing, and it's artistically so great that you'll probably overlook its technical flaws. And that's actually good, since a game is just entertainment. Games that are technically perfect but fail to deliver an unique experience (like Bioshock series) areOne of the best games I've ever played. It's not superior than other top games in a particular way. The game as a whole is just astonishing, and it's artistically so great that you'll probably overlook its technical flaws. And that's actually good, since a game is just entertainment. Games that are technically perfect but fail to deliver an unique experience (like Bioshock series) are actually kinda boring, there's no purpose to finishing the game. Expand
  70. Apr 23, 2013
    Certainly has one of the best told stories in video game history and the world is incredible (imagine a Pixar world that has gone horrible wrong). I'd say the game is near perfect, but the combat, while vastly improved upon compared to the original BioShock, is still shy of fantastic. It feels splashing, chaotic, and arcade-ish. As many options as you have, the game never feels tactical.Certainly has one of the best told stories in video game history and the world is incredible (imagine a Pixar world that has gone horrible wrong). I'd say the game is near perfect, but the combat, while vastly improved upon compared to the original BioShock, is still shy of fantastic. It feels splashing, chaotic, and arcade-ish. As many options as you have, the game never feels tactical. This is likely because there is literally no stealth element at all. Not that every game needs stealth, but being able to engage enemies and then evade and flank, etc. is part of the best shooters (Crysis 1, the Halo series, Far Cry 3). It is still excellent, but it is the story and setting that will stick with me for a very long time, not the gameplay. Expand
  71. Apr 23, 2013
    I remeber buying a game several years ago called "Bioshock". It seemingly popped up out if nowhere and was very well recieved at the time. I enjoyed the experience, since it was a creepy, dark, atmospheric game, which many fans consider to be a modern masterpiece.

"Bioshock Infinite" isn't your average Bioshock gams. No wrenches, Big Daddys or Little Sisters. You're sent to the floating city of Columbia to find a girl, Elizabeth. That's all I'll say, to avoid the spoiler police.
    Completing the game was an immersive and fun experience. The city was absolutley beautiful, the action was intense, and the plot was simply addictive. The developers at Irrational have reinvented Bioshock from the ground up. And what came out was one of the best experiences playing games in a long time.

72. Apr 24, 2013
    Cool atmosphere with this game but at it's core it is just another shooter. Walk into an area and trigger an attack, rinse and repeat. Has some weird mechanics as well (catching money from companion etc...) that seem shoe horned in. It's one of those games that I am having trouble completing. Maybe I'm just getting sick of shooters. Definitely worth playing, just way over hyped in my opinion.
  73. Apr 25, 2013
    Great game, beautiful graphics, best storyline this year so far. Elizabeth is the best AI character in video games. Sadly this game's combat isn't as fun as previous "Bioshock" games, but still gets the job done.
  74. Apr 25, 2013
    Good story, good characters excellent ending to the so called savior of the Bioshock series, the best A.I. companion in a game and the amazing and smooth controlling of the sky-lines.
    But there was no combat improvement from Bioshock 2 to Bioshock Infinite just a like tweaks on the controls and not that many guns to use.
  75. Apr 27, 2013
    I greatly enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so I was looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and I am very pleased to say that it has lived up to and totally seceded my expatiation. The graphics where great, but maybe not all together mind blowing. The game play was great, but also not all together mind blowing. The story on the other hand, the story was not only great, it was all together mindI greatly enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so I was looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and I am very pleased to say that it has lived up to and totally seceded my expatiation. The graphics where great, but maybe not all together mind blowing. The game play was great, but also not all together mind blowing. The story on the other hand, the story was not only great, it was all together mind blowing. I don't have words to describe how great the story of this game was but let me tell you, I only understand half of it!
    Games nowadays are mostly simple in story and design in order to reach a broader range of consumers. In these times it is absolutely wonderful to play one of the rare games that can fascinate you, keep you deeply emerge and then blow your mind to bits.
    The ones that wrote the script of this game are either insane or brilliant, regardless this game is well worth the price if only for the story in it.
    I did however also find it to be very entertaining in it's game play. Jumping around Skylines, hook-device in one hand and my gun in the other, dropping down on my enemies and unleashing hails of bullets, murderous crows or shocks blots was in it self very entertaining. Though the game is linear and some what repetitive in game play and story it succeed in never making me feel like it was. I never wanted to stop playing and only did so when reality needed my attention.
    (Damn reality... always messing my game up)
    I recommend this game to everyone whose got at least half a wit to think with and desire to challenge it. I dare you to make sense of what happens/happened/is happening/will happen/"happenth"? to you in Bioshock Infinite.
    (You'll 'get' that last reference if you complete the game)
  76. Apr 25, 2013
    Loved the story and the characters (Booker and Elizabeth, the other characters aren't very interesting),the ending, the atmosphere (artistic design and music), the gameplay was not as good as the other elements I've mentioned but it was fun. It's definitively worth playing at least one time, I played it twice to get the story better
  77. Apr 25, 2013
    Great game, great story but I felt it loses some of the bioshock feel when it comes to the combat. Only holding 2 weapons at a time is a bit annoying when compared to the full array you had in the last two games. It has also turned more into a shooter than its predecessors putting the vigors secondary to the weapons when they should be on par but none the less, still a great game. A mustGreat game, great story but I felt it loses some of the bioshock feel when it comes to the combat. Only holding 2 weapons at a time is a bit annoying when compared to the full array you had in the last two games. It has also turned more into a shooter than its predecessors putting the vigors secondary to the weapons when they should be on par but none the less, still a great game. A must buy for any gamer. Expand
  78. Apr 25, 2013
    Pros: 1) Outstanding story, with satisfying ending! 2) Beautiful city of Columbia (visuals)! 3) Skyline adds dynamics to the game! 4) Elizabeth as NPC probably done the best in history of gaming! 5) Plasmids (vigors) & guns still fun!
    Cons: 1) less plasmids than in original! 2) Boring upgrades! 3) Unnecessary violence, unclear motivation of antagonist!
    Conclusion: Strong contender for
    Conclusion: Strong contender for Game Of The Year!
  79. Apr 25, 2013
    While I find the plot line and visuals ABSOLUTELY stunning. The big reveal at the end jaw-dropping and leaving me awestruck and staring at the screen for several minutes after the game ends. the Game play is only a little above average with skyline fights, Vigors and Elizabeth finding stuff for you being some of the highlights of the game play besides your typical shooter. When I firstWhile I find the plot line and visuals ABSOLUTELY stunning. The big reveal at the end jaw-dropping and leaving me awestruck and staring at the screen for several minutes after the game ends. the Game play is only a little above average with skyline fights, Vigors and Elizabeth finding stuff for you being some of the highlights of the game play besides your typical shooter. When I first heard about this game I thought it would be another dreaded escort mission game but I found out I was completely wrong on that aspect. One of my biggest appeals of the game was Elizabeth. she was definitely a far cry from your typical dead faced NPC you find in almost all games and made me actually feel for her during game play rather than in a cut-scene like you find in most game and when she was in danger rather than take my time and look around to find hidden objects like in L.O.Z. I would run after to rescue her. while I do see the points that some critics like The Spoony One make. I find this game so good that I can see past most of them. With game play being a little above average for me. So for my personal score I give is Plot/Story a 10/10 the Game-Play a 7.5/10 making Bioshock Infinite a 9.5/10 and a must-own Game. Expand
  80. Apr 27, 2013
    A very polished and competent game that manages to think out of the box with its story telling and immersive environments. However, the combat was nothing to shout home about. It manages to tick all the boxes without matching the quality of the narrative. Overall I wasn't blown away by this game but I certainly do not regret my purchase or the time I spent with it. I hope the next oneA very polished and competent game that manages to think out of the box with its story telling and immersive environments. However, the combat was nothing to shout home about. It manages to tick all the boxes without matching the quality of the narrative. Overall I wasn't blown away by this game but I certainly do not regret my purchase or the time I spent with it. I hope the next one returns to space. Expand
  81. Apr 27, 2013
    As a fan of the Bioshock series I was seriously looking forward to this game. I can safely say it lived up to it's name in most aspects, though a number of elements did disappoint. It is beautiful visually, the combat is fast paced whilst being fun and not too messy and the new speaking protagonist isn't woefully irritating as many are. However, two major parts of the previous BioshockAs a fan of the Bioshock series I was seriously looking forward to this game. I can safely say it lived up to it's name in most aspects, though a number of elements did disappoint. It is beautiful visually, the combat is fast paced whilst being fun and not too messy and the new speaking protagonist isn't woefully irritating as many are. However, two major parts of the previous Bioshock games fell down unnecessarily in this third instalment. The first and most disappointing in my eyes is the almost total removal of choice that the older games had. It may have been unnoticed if they hadn't put two from what I can see as being irrelevant "choices" in the game, giving the impression that you would be able to make some choices. The other is that the characters, particularly the major enemies you face are almost unnoticeable, whereas in the previous games your foes were a major part of the story.
    Other than that the game is very enjoyable and has a very exciting and thought-provoking storyline.
  82. Apr 27, 2013
    As usual the gaming media, seem to be incredibly generous in scoring these AAA games. BioShock Infinite looks beautiful, stunning even on many an occasion (at least on the outdoor levels) and the voice acting is decently done. However, for an FPS its rather lacking. The enemy AI comes across as limited, with enemies rarely using cover, charging right into your sights on most occasions,As usual the gaming media, seem to be incredibly generous in scoring these AAA games. BioShock Infinite looks beautiful, stunning even on many an occasion (at least on the outdoor levels) and the voice acting is decently done. However, for an FPS its rather lacking. The enemy AI comes across as limited, with enemies rarely using cover, charging right into your sights on most occasions, vigour's/plasmids seem to lack oomph and are rather unbalanced, you'll soon find that only 1 or 2 are really worth using. The same can be said for the weapons. As with all the previous BioShocks, death is a momentary setback, before you respawn next to the half dead creatures you were previously fighting, which cheapens the whole affair.

Overall, a solid game that's been overhyped to godly proportions. Do yourself a favour and grab a copy when the price drops.
  83. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock infinite entered 2013 as one of the most hyped-up games of the year. After spending 17 hours on this game, I am proud to say it is lived up to the hype 100%. The atmosphere is provides is excellent, and will drag players in with a great story that will leave you staring at the screen as the credits role. Elizabeth and Booker feel like real characters, and even the villains of theBioshock infinite entered 2013 as one of the most hyped-up games of the year. After spending 17 hours on this game, I am proud to say it is lived up to the hype 100%. The atmosphere is provides is excellent, and will drag players in with a great story that will leave you staring at the screen as the credits role. Elizabeth and Booker feel like real characters, and even the villains of the game are fleshed out. The game also touches on many themes. In addition to the story told up front, there are 80 or-so "voxophones" that provide additional back story and insight to the characters and history of the floating city of Columbia. And speaking about Columbia, it is a brilliant creation. Created in a very different art style than the original bioshock's rapture, Columbia is no less visually appealing and carefully created than the former. Graphically, besides the wonderful art direction, Infinite's graphics are only average, even on highest settings on the PC. Gameplay wise Infinite is only above-average. Many of the guns are near-useless because of the ability to only carry 2 weapons. The vigors are very enjoyable to use, and I enjoyed experimenting with them until i found a combination that I liked. Hard mode is definitely the way to play, as it makes Infinite seem much more fast paced. Gameplay is also varied slightly with the addition of an AI "follower", Elizabeth, one of Infinite's main characters, who will provide you with health, ammo, and vigors. I never found that Elizabeth was annoying or infringing on gameplay. One more thing that annoyed me was the fact that the FOV was pretty low, mouse sensitivity was too high, and the game relied on a checkpoint system. All considered, Bioshock Infinite's scores are:
    Gameplay: 9
    Graphics: 8.5
    Story: 10
    Other (UI, options): 9
    This is a great game that deserves to be bought and played by all.
  84. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is a must play. If you love games and haven't played this you are missing out on an amazing game. The graphical details of this game will blow you away.

The game play is fluid and the fights are challenging (depeding on your skill and setting
  85. Apr 28, 2013
    It is a excelent, ambitious, wonderfully designed, almost bug-free, stunning looking game, and the voice acting is also superb. The only downside in my opinion, is the lack of different consequences, to your actions in game, and the story is a lot confusing, if you really got interested in the world of Bioshock Infinite, you will have to probably replay the game, very carefully, listen toIt is a excelent, ambitious, wonderfully designed, almost bug-free, stunning looking game, and the voice acting is also superb. The only downside in my opinion, is the lack of different consequences, to your actions in game, and the story is a lot confusing, if you really got interested in the world of Bioshock Infinite, you will have to probably replay the game, very carefully, listen to all voxophones, pay attention to as many dialogues as possible, an the list goes on. I agree, it is a bit overrated however. I also didn't found the story to be long enough. Expand
  86. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is so linear it hurts to play. The coin and weapon/vigor upgrade system can be ignored. I generally play a game for a couple hours on normal and then switch to the hardest level once I get the fundamentals down. I had the fundamentals down when I first pressed start and never bothered starting it over because of how linear the game is. The story was decent, and the graphicsThis game is so linear it hurts to play. The coin and weapon/vigor upgrade system can be ignored. I generally play a game for a couple hours on normal and then switch to the hardest level once I get the fundamentals down. I had the fundamentals down when I first pressed start and never bothered starting it over because of how linear the game is. The story was decent, and the graphics were steampunk cartoonish... just ok. The game mechanics and gameplay are sound, the AI is better than most games. Once I noticed that money was worthless and I could get by without really using vigors and only upgrading the carbine, I just powered through the game without looking in every trash can for money. Elizabeth throws you rounds in a battle so its pretty much worthless to purchase rounds. They should of made the normal play called easy and notched up the toughness a little bit. But in today's day of advanced computers and seasoned programmers, why they still make such extremely linear games is beyond me. I was bored with it after about three hours of play, so I just powered through as fast as I could and beat it in 7 total hours. There is little replay worthiness for me. This game's smooth programming for AI is what you are paying for. Expand
  87. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock is an amazing game, and beautiful to look at. I couldn't look away because it was so beautiful. It was like "I WANT TO BE THERE!" and they DEFITNELY did a good job at it. Irration games took a huge risk in Bioshock Infinite to take the setting from, the deep seas of Rapture to the floating sky of Columbia, almost the complete opposite. But they completely stunned me, and I wasBioshock is an amazing game, and beautiful to look at. I couldn't look away because it was so beautiful. It was like "I WANT TO BE THERE!" and they DEFITNELY did a good job at it. Irration games took a huge risk in Bioshock Infinite to take the setting from, the deep seas of Rapture to the floating sky of Columbia, almost the complete opposite. But they completely stunned me, and I was happy with the new setting. The AI has also improved tremendously, but I sometimes I felt like they weren't really playing tactical, and they were just rushing my position. Another thing to think about is how Elizabeth interacts with you, and how they set it up. Elizabeth's AI is AMAZING, she is NEVER annoying and never really gets in your way; its also never one of those escort missions were you have to keep her alive and I hate those. The gameplay as improved, but is almost the same as Bioshock 1 and 2, without much change. The ending sort of has you thinking about the whole story line, and is a bit trippy. The game is sort of easy, even on hard difficulty. Another thing to take not on is the skylines. The skylines, in my opinion, are the BEST thing the developers, have EVER thought of. Soaring through the sky like you're on the rollercoaster! It got me into the game much more, and I felt as if I was THERE. The bad things, which are in very litter number, are that the game no longer has multiplayer, which I can understand, would of delayed the game a bit more. But it gave you something to do after you finished the game. This game defitnely deserves the metacritic score it has, and if you have the money GO BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  88. Apr 30, 2013
    very good game, i even made my friend to buy it even he is not a gamer he told me that he finished it in 2 days because he couldn't stop playing. BUY IT
  89. Apr 30, 2013
    It is an awesome game. i like it very much. The graphics are a little bit old-fashioned compared to tomb raider and other games. It sucks that you can only carry 2 weapons at a time. I have 3 favourite guns and i can only carry 2 of them. That's the only thing I have to say.
  90. Apr 30, 2013
    Very good Graphics are nice, a New world above the clouds with new weapons and Story's I would suggest this game To all my heart its amazing! Oh forgot Your Partner witch is a AI actually Doesn't annoy you I would buy a game just for that! The Story is also very Well written well to me.
  91. May 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me start with this Bioshock Infinite was a great game, there is no doubting that. From the minute I landed in Columbia I was hooked. Now I may be a little bias, this being the only bioshock game i've played, but after playing this one I defiantly want to go back and play the first two games.
    From the first line to the last note played I was amazed. I had never felt so much for a game. I found myself sitting down and planing to play for an hour but then realized that when I had finally turned off my Xbox it had been four hours. I just wanted more and more. Knowing that there was a great twist ahead all I wanted to do was to see it unfold. I also wanted to see if the game could deliver a twist. Now I did call 2/3 of the ending. I had guessed that Elizabeth was his daughter and that he was Comstock, but when the ending came around I found my self awestruck and dumbfounded.
    Now some one thing that I found wrong with the game was minor thing. I think that the fact that I was on my xbox held the game back from looking as good as it could have been if I had to play on PC, and thats really the only thing I found wrong with it. I know that the middle part has you going back and forth, but I didn't find a problem with that.
    Now I think that somethings that were looked over in the game where choses. My friends say that they wish they could change the outcome of the game. When in fact you have. This game deals with time travel as well as parallel universal travel. Which means by picking the bird or the cage you have altered the universe you are in to be the one where he picks the bird.
    I thought that the game had great flow with no stupid loading screen every time I died and trust me I died a lot. A problem I had with that was that sometimes I would be brought back in room where there was no bad guys and found my self confused as to where they went, but with a push of a button I could figure out where to go. I thought that it was better than any map they could have given. I don't really enjoy maps as I find my self checking them every three seconds. enemies were hard to kill at some points and defiantly were smart as the would follow me where ever I go. Now I found enemies hard but something that balanced them out was that I had vigors and they didn't which gave me a little bit of the upper hand.
    Elizabeth a.k.a Anna dewitt was amazing. she didn't get in my way and I never had to worry about her safety, because the game is set up that they want to kill booker and not her, and I love that she would give things such as ammo, salts, and health. but even better not all the time as she had to look for them. Which made a game about a floating city in the sky very realistic.
    I would be happy with this being the last game of the series, and it defiantly felt like it was. This game doesn't need another sequel. This game did its job. It showed up when people were doubting it and provided a great story and an even greater twist, and it revitalized the series.
    Thats why I give this game a 9/10 (for consoles). This is a must own must have game.
  92. Wim
    Dec 27, 2013
    Wow just finished it and I am speechless. Absolutely fantastic game. The story has great pace, unpredictable, did not expect the end. The action is fantastic as well. Some slower bits with some action packed scenes as well. Had to remember to start breathing again after some parts. If you're tired of all the 'assembly line' FPS shooters this one is definitely for you.
  93. May 24, 2013
    The people who are rating this game poorly are (for the most part) being idiotic. I prefer RPGs but I cant rate this game as an RPG. People are complaining that theres no choice and Duh there isn't, its a FPS, I wonder what "choice" you get in other shooters. The story is excellent and the ending will make you question your view of the universe. A valid criticism however, is the difficultyThe people who are rating this game poorly are (for the most part) being idiotic. I prefer RPGs but I cant rate this game as an RPG. People are complaining that theres no choice and Duh there isn't, its a FPS, I wonder what "choice" you get in other shooters. The story is excellent and the ending will make you question your view of the universe. A valid criticism however, is the difficulty is a bit inconsistent. for the most part its easy but taking on a Handyman will cause at least a few revivals. The graphics are beautiful and appropriate for the story the game attempts to convey. its also a bit short.

Overall its not quite as good as some people say but not nearly as bad as others make it out to be.

Get this game.
  94. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what to say. I am blown away. This game nearly does everything right. It has a good story. You really care about the characters like Elizabeth is one of the best characters i have seen in gaming. And Booker which is the one you play as also have a interesting back story. The world/level design is just so beautiful. And you often get distracted by things around you. The combat is fun and the vigors and airline (i think it's called) makes it different. The ending is amazing, well though through and confusing. And the whole game will stick with you some time after you finished it. Of course there is something that i didn't like or just though could have been done better. Like: There is a boss in the game you have to kill 3 times. Or the level isn't open anymore. But the game is still the best single player FPS i have ever played. And i will give it the highest rating i can. Expand
  95. May 28, 2013
    Great graphics are storyline more than make up for the sub par gameplay of bioshock infinite. I was able to forgive the terribly repetitive nature of shooting dozens of guards in exchange for a really thought out and well paced story. I also couldn't help but find the nods to the original bioshocks very clever. However, there are no changing parts in bioshock infinite. All there is isGreat graphics are storyline more than make up for the sub par gameplay of bioshock infinite. I was able to forgive the terribly repetitive nature of shooting dozens of guards in exchange for a really thought out and well paced story. I also couldn't help but find the nods to the original bioshocks very clever. However, there are no changing parts in bioshock infinite. All there is is shooting and powers, no stealth mechanics or freedom of choice whatsoever. By the end of the game I found myself getting frustrated and bored but am glad i stuck through for the payoff that is bioshock infinites story. Expand
  96. Jun 7, 2013
    Pros:

+Elizabeth and her AI +Nice setting +Nice visuals +Good storyline +Good atmosphere +Vigors Cons: -Booker -Enemy AI -Stupid save system -Same human models everywhere -Not challenging at all Conclusion: Yes, this is a very descent singleplayer FPS but doesn't even get close to the Half-Life series or first game of Bioshock franchise. It's truly overrated and
    Pros:

+Elizabeth and her AI
    +Nice setting
    +Nice visuals
    +Good storyline
    +Good atmosphere
    +Vigors

Cons:

-Booker
    -Enemy AI
    -Stupid save system
    -Same human models everywhere
    -Not challenging at all

Conclusion: Yes, this is a very descent singleplayer FPS but doesn't even get close to the Half-Life series or first game of Bioshock franchise. It's truly overrated and overwhelmed but still an enjoyable game for most people.
  97. Jun 6, 2013
    This isn't actually such a great game.

Sure, the first few minutes are very inspiring: You get thrown into an interesting world and get some nice toys to play with. The voice acting is good, with many humorous or intriguing passages (this also stays that way for the rest of the game). But after these first few minutes, you're ultimately playing a shooter-on-rails with a very poor
    This isn't actually such a great game.

But after these first few minutes, you're ultimately playing a shooter-on-rails with a very poor choice of weapons and boring enemies. You do get a few things that have nice animations (murder of crows, melee hook...), but that just isn't enough when the actual mechanics of fights don't work well.

Apart from fighting, the game is supposed to be supported by a relatively complex storyline anda damsel in distress sidekick that you are supposed to -and probably will manage to- care about.

Unfortunately, any form of explanation that you might get about what actually is going on is jammed into the last few minutes of the game and some collectable items that you only find when you're searching for them, also mostly found at the end of the game.

And of course, when you *do* find the collectibles or read a detailed explanation online, you just find out that the game's characters and their motivations were largely written at below Loony Tunes levels. Their motivations and actions just doesn't make enough sense, and then neither does the story.

Lastly, everything in Bioshock Infinite just cries "console port", again the same as in the older titles of the series.
    The game is just annoying to interact with swapping between weapons and spells is annoying, using the map is annoying (you're largely supposed to constantly whack a button and get a direction arrow to follow in game), freedom of movement is impaired and quite annoying, and you need to suffer slowly opening doors by holding a button pressed, clearly designed to "conceal" level transitions.
    And physics, free movement on arbitrary surfaces you ought to be able to move on and so is also largely absent. You get some rag-doll physics for kills, and you can move around on specific upper floors of buildings (that a green area indicates when you jump off a hook point), but it just is all quite limited.
    The graphics also are pretty bad, most of the time. There is a *huge* variety of objects and textures, but many of them just look ugly, blurry, artificial, badly lighted and what not. I have a feeling that the artists had their work molested to make the console port work, and then marketing decided the PC version couldn't be better, either but that's just a guess...

TL,DR: Annoying console-originated port of a linear shooter, with very uninspired combat mechanics and a story with poor pacing that makes no sense. Only the voice acting and graphical diversity (not quality) stand out. 6-8 hours play time, and it's over there is no real motivation to replay the game.
  98. Jun 6, 2013
    2K returns with this installment of Bioshock, and does not disappoint. The game begins vaguely much like the original. You play as Booker DeWitt, and all you know is you have to find a girl in order to repay a debt. You find yourself dropped outside a lighthouse, and eventually find yourself in some sort of rocket, and you blasted into the sky, and are eventually dropped in the city of2K returns with this installment of Bioshock, and does not disappoint. The game begins vaguely much like the original. You play as Booker DeWitt, and all you know is you have to find a girl in order to repay a debt. You find yourself dropped outside a lighthouse, and eventually find yourself in some sort of rocket, and you blasted into the sky, and are eventually dropped in the city of Colombia.

When you first see Colombia, you immediately know this game is special. The city itself is full of detail and is truly a treat for the eyes. The attention to detail the developers had is very apparent and immersing yourself in this world is very easy. The voice acting of the main characters is exceptional making the characters feel real.

The gameplay is very similar to the original Bioshock. You have your weapons in the right hand, and your "vigors" in your right. Vigors are special powers you find through out the game. While these powers are very useful, the seem to take a back seat to the guns, usually not dealing as much damage as the weapons. I also feel as if there were not enough vigors. The game left me wanting more powers as these powers were fun to use. A big difference in gameplay from the original game is the fact that you only carry two weapons at any given time. This adds a challenging dynamic to the game, as you will have to pick and choose which weapons to use and when, knowing that various weapons may not be available when you need them.

The original Bioshock was famous for its atmosphere and story. This game provides a greatly different atmosphere than the original. As opposed to a dark fear inducing atmosphere, this game varies between a light and beautiful atmosphere, and dark and melancholy. The story of this game is fantastic, yet confusing. It will take a couple of runthroughs to fully understand and appreciate. All in all this game is fantastic and should not be missed by anyone, yet just misses perfection.
  99. Jun 15, 2013
    I still have not completed this game, I am around half way through by now. Haven't picked it up to play in a while, and that does not make this game bad, I guess I just find it hard to stick at a game the whole way through now days. The gameplay is what you'd expect from your average shooter which is in no means bad, it does it right in-fact. Click, shoot, kill. That's how it should be,I still have not completed this game, I am around half way through by now. Haven't picked it up to play in a while, and that does not make this game bad, I guess I just find it hard to stick at a game the whole way through now days. The gameplay is what you'd expect from your average shooter which is in no means bad, it does it right in-fact. Click, shoot, kill. That's how it should be, altho the special powers can be confusing/irritating to use from my point of view. Luckily they are completely optional! the graphics, atleast for PC are some of the best I have seen of this generation. Everything looks so creamy and eatable, like you just walked into willy wonka's chocolate factory. Great design, great story so far and I will be most certainly returning to this title to complete it! Expand
  100. Jun 6, 2013
    It's a good game, it really is well made and I would agree the story is well crafted and complex. But.
    It just didn't stick with me, I couldn't relate to any of the characters as much as other people did. I didn't really like Elizabeth, the male main character (forgot his name) was alright, not too special. The two characters I liked the most were the brother and sister.
    Gameplay was

Gameplay was rather good too. But, it just was a bit too cluttered and complex (in a weird, "too much" kind of way). Ending was a bit surprising, but I figured something like that must've been going on.
    Meh, I liked Bioshock 1 a whole lot better.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]