BioShock Infinite PC

8.6

1. May 5, 2013
    Good game but there is no replay value after finishing it The game world and the story are a bit ridiculous for my taste and the graphics are very "cartoonish". I gave it a 7 for being a good game but this is not a classic as it is majorly overhyped by some people
  2. Mar 29, 2013
    By far the best game I've played in several years. I made a vow to myself that after a certain game, I would no longer buy games until I felt like the developer deserved that money; this one certainly did and will be purchasing it from Steam.

The story was brilliant, I was confused towards the end and by the time I finished the game everything wrapped itself up nicely and was overall very pleasing. The textures were great even at medium setting, those seeing underwhelming textures should play this game on a DX11 card, instead of a DX10 car like a lot of those complaining about subpar graphics, but having a subpar card... With the amount of abilities and weapons in this game, you can control the game play. Overall an incredible game.
  3. May 4, 2013
    I thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that KenI thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that Ken Lavine is atheist and his perspective of Christianity is what a person would think from seeing it from the outside. Much like people like Bill Murray and other prominent atheists alike.

The story arc is somewhat convoluted and can really cause someone to think for a few days after beating it. But with the help of site commentaries I was able to get some good insight and understanding of all that happened. Even with such a convoluted story you do come to peace with the overall story and everything wraps up pretty nicely in contrast to movies like Inception and Prometheus leave you with more questions than answers. You can also go through the game over again and check out video snippets throughout the campaign that give further insight and detail.

The only bad parts were the middle section of the game that seems somewhat muddied and has senseless parts, but they aren't long enough to disengage you from the final experience.
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    One of the best FPS i ever played. Graphics style is very good and combat is fun. After trash story lines like in hearth os swarm or mass effect 3. We finally get a game witch has a really good story. The only minor problem is low difficulty even on hard, but that does not také away from superior gameplay.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite, like the rest of the of the BioShock franchise, was very enjoyable to play, combat was very fun and graphics were great. However I'd still say that the original BioShock was more fun to play.

I was also slightly disappointed that BioShock Infinite didn't live up to expectation set by developers in early production. Even elements shown in the Beta game-play seemed to be non-existent: such as being fired at with artillery weapons and having a telekinesis power to stop the shells, sandbox level design, larger and more open areas and the random collapse of buildings. However due to time, story and technology restraints many of these features were unrealistic so many of this is excusable.

Also I found the ending to be a bit weak, but enjoyable non-the-less. The re-playability is also somewhat non-existent. I still strongly recommend playing the game. Good job 2K.
  6. Mar 30, 2013
    Words are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a realWords are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a real piece of art in terms of designs. Gameplay is proven over the Bioshsock 1 and the story is as awesome as I expected. Graphics are great only if you play it on a good PC otherwise frame rate and textures on the both console versions arent that nice. Expand
  7. Mar 28, 2013
    The Good

+Solid story and narrative that really draws the player in +Very thematically ambitious +Gorgeous world really draws you into the experience +Solid gameplay mechanics +A lot of variety in ability and gear to help change up the experience +Elizabeth is a very well crafted character +The music and audio is very good; the voice acting is fantastic The Bad -Slight dips
    The Good

+Solid story and narrative that really draws the player in
    +Very thematically ambitious
    +Gorgeous world really draws you into the experience
    +Solid gameplay mechanics
    +A lot of variety in ability and gear to help change up the experience
    +Elizabeth is a very well crafted character
    +The music and audio is very good; the voice acting is fantastic

The Bad

-Slight dips in framerate from time to time
    -Death can feel a little disorienting
    -Some choice decisions fail to have an impact

---

Note: The Following Review is Long

In 2007 the original Bioshock came out and added a layer to gaming that few games have been able to do. The game was not nearly as big of a success as other titles of the year such as Halo or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. A game that Bioshock Infinite is here and it reaches. In some regards, perhaps even higher than the one that started it all.

You play as Booker Dewitt. He's got some debts to settle and believes he can do so. He must first venture to the floating city of Columbia. There he must rescue a young woman named Elizabeth. But it will not be easy. Columbia is a city ruled under the watchful eye of Father Comstock, a prophet who can supposedly see the future. It isn't long before Booker realizes that rescuing Elizabeth and escaping the city of Columbia will be much more difficult than he imagined. Quickly branded as a false prophet, Booker comes under attack.

Like the first game, Bioshock Infinite is a very thematically ambitious game. One that begins to elevate storytelling in gaming. There will surely be a lot of discussion to follow with this one. There's a lot of care taken with the world in which it takes place in, as well as with some of the themes it handles. And Bioshock Infinite opts to hold very little back. Here you'll be tackling themes such as racism, religion, false prophets, gender roles, even moments that will test your own morals. It's got a lot to say. The story and the world also come to life in the same way that Rapture does. While Columbia is not as dazzling as the trip into the underwater world, it does have a pulse just the same. You'll find Voxphones scattered throughout. These, like the original Bioshocks audio diaries, add a lot more to the tale at hand. They add to the story, the world and the atmosphere. To ignore them is to miss out on a considerable portion of the game. For those very curious about the world they're playing in, they will most certainly want to pick these up.

From the outset it doesn't seem as though there is much which separates Bioshock Infinite from it's predecessor. Indeed, it takes a moment to get there. Many aspects will be familiar to you from the outset. Instead of Plasmids, for example, you have Vigors. These allow you to do things such as possess machines and make them attack your enemies, or hurl explosive fireballs at your foes. If there are crows an area you can even turn them against your foes. There's a lot variety with the vigors, as well as many different ways to use them. There is a limit, of course, you need salts to be able to use them. Like the original there are also vending machines around where you can use currency to buy upgrades for your vigors or guns. You can also restore health.

Unlike the original, however, you don't stock up on health packs that will be used immediately when your life reaches zero. Rather you have one life gauge that doesn't recharge at all. You must find food or other means of sustenance to restore your health. There is, however, a shield you'll get early on that does recharge. If you can find cover in the midst of a gun fight or keep from taking damage your shield will recharge and you'll be ready again. This seems like it'll make the game particularly difficult at first, but Bioshock Infinite is not too challenging in and of itself. Sometimes the enemies can come in large waves. But should you bite the dust you are never punished too harshly. You'll respawn really close to where you died and you'll be given some health and some ammo. Your enemies will also have some of their health restored as well, so whatever killed you is usually still lurking. The only downside is that there will be times when you respawn and you'll need to take time to adjust to your surroundings. Though you never respawn far from where you've died, there are times when you'll feel disoriented and turned around when you do.

There is also gear you can put on to help you out along the way. These will enhance your abilities. And if you mix and match things will change. One piece of gear, for instance, allows you to run faster when your shield burst. Another lets you set people on fire wh
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is not only graphically stunning, but also wonderfully story driven with tons of questions and theories to make up while you play. I myself could not put it down for at least the first 5 hours just because i had so many questions. This is a prime example of how video games are an art form. 11/10
  9. Mar 31, 2013
    I was really looking forward to this game. I started playing it a week ago, and it took only 8 hours to finish. Pretty short but that's not a huge deal breaker. If a story is written well it can be very engrossing, and this story was fun. I enjoyed the visuals for the most part, though I did find it a little overblown in lighting from time to time. I wasn't wowed by the graphics but theyI was really looking forward to this game. I started playing it a week ago, and it took only 8 hours to finish. Pretty short but that's not a huge deal breaker. If a story is written well it can be very engrossing, and this story was fun. I enjoyed the visuals for the most part, though I did find it a little overblown in lighting from time to time. I wasn't wowed by the graphics but they certainly weren't bad.

The game play was very average. Fighting was extremely easy. I played on the medium setting which felt so much like easy that I got bored very quickly with fighting. I died in the final fight a few times, but that was the only time in the whole game that I felt I was actually challenged. The game very much hand holds you from one clue to the next making it a railroad style game, which is ok since the story was very enjoyable but it is not at all an open world sandbox style game. Not even close.

As for characters in the game, I found their voice acting great, very well done, but the nonessential characters were extremely bland and didn't even move when you approach them or react to your presence except in a few extremely rare instances. They are not well rendered. They move stiffly and leave a lot to be desired. The weapon choices were a fairly obvious mix, though some had some interesting mechanics. But ammo was so plentiful i never felt like I had to conserve my shots or take careful aim since I was sure to find enough rounds to keep going. I also found the use of special clothing you can wear a cool touch but it was too hard to tell what the different outfits would do. And then we get to vigors, special powers you get from drinking potions. Total waste of time. You can play the entire game without needing to use them really, except on a few occasions where you must use it to activate something. They are so poorly implemented that they have very little benefit. The combat is already so easy with guns, that using special powers is basically like playing easy mode with cheats. Why bother?

On the whole I think this game was pretty blah. For a price of $60 on Steam I expect to be entertained and challenged thoroughly for several hours. I was entertained pretty well for a few, but honestly I almost gave up on the game after 2 because it was just so easy and with no interaction from NPC's it gets bland very fast. This game should be ignored until it hits bargain bins at $20. then it might be worth while. I would even say $30 is a decent price for this game.
  10. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, really amazing game, when you first arrive in Colombia it's simply awe inspiring! A game where you can just look around and marvel at the setting is always good, the game was really good except I felt rather short maybe more could have been done before the first tear? You suddenly found yourself working for the vox but you never really get to experience that world, before everything is turned on its head and then all out war, the end was really good but left me a little bit confused, Good game but like Dishonoured way too short. Expand
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    If you look closer, the environments are a little buggy. However, this is not a clue here. The story, characters, art direction and a way in which this game approach problems such as racism, are great. The most IMPORTANT game experience of all time.
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    Honestly don't get why PC gamers in particular would like this game so much. I like(Make that loved) Bioshock once I worked out a solution to the terrible field of view and was a little disappointed by BS but I had high hopes for this. As it turned out it was the first game I haven't been able to motivate myself to finish.

As it is I just found it corny and lacking in atmosphere.

As it is I just found it corny and lacking in atmosphere. Much of the ideology and concepts seem to be aimed at a US audience but in terms of gameplay its nothing special and far more linear than I can enjoy. Not the most linear game ever but still I don't feel like I am making any choices which make a difference. Mediocre at best. The story and atmosphere is no way strong enough to carry a game which so linear for me.

I think the odd racist comment is supposed to shock us into indignation and feeling something from this game but even that felt too contrived and more marketing gimmic than contributing to atmospherics. The feeling of being manipulated by a governing body which monitors us and controls our information and ideology? Read the news, we are living in far worse times in that regard so what is left to build a story around.

Even the lead female character is too comic book (and not in a good way) to generate any real emotional response despite some great voice acting.
  13. Mar 30, 2013
    It's pretty. Turn up the graphics and it is oh so very pretty. The combat is well put together and has more depth than your average shooter. The story completely falls to pieces by the end, but by video game standards it's pretty decent.

Unfortunately it just doesn't work. There's no manual save and checkpoints can be 5 minutes apart, or 2 hours apart. You receive equipment upgrades entirely at random, some of which are useful, others completely wreck your character with no way to remove them. There are vigor upgrades you can only ever get using dlc, they're in the game you just can't get the requisite resources any other way.

If the game was finished it would be a solid but by no means spectacular game. It is not finished. I'm not sure it ever will be.
  14. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Saying the graphics are mediocre is just a poor way of describing how you don't like the game, the graphics are fantastically colorful and leave a good feeling in your stomach, but that is probably the only decent thing about this game. The engine feels clunky, the fights that were portrayed in trailers didn't match up, the enemies lack originality or depth, the story line went everywhere (the only two remotely interesting parts being the very beginning and the less than climatic ending), and the abilities/mechanics felt watered down. It was a let down for all the hype that "Bioshock" has behind it, titles of which people genuinely enjoyed (you get a major tease of "Rapture" in the end.) I hope "Irrational Games" never has another thing to do with this franchise, or I won't be buying. That's for sure.

The only way you can say this is a 'masterpiece' is if you know nothing about game mechanics, never played the previous games, or have a less than average comprehension ability.
  15. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. graphically it's appealing however it's c,o,d gameplay lack of difficulty and very poor cliche' story bioshock infinite is highly disappointing in both my reviewer sense and personal sense, from it's first showing at 2010 to 2013 most elements of: open-world, story, uniqueness, and "feel" were all taken away in the 3 year transition and the ending was so forced that spending more time on it is pointless and while it looks very great for a 7th gen game, looks can't make a game good, to add on the game's score it was hyped up and only set itself for a hole that irrational will never get out of and now (my personal thoughts) i spent 150 us dollars on pre-orders hoping for a experience much like i had with the first 2 infinite was so bad that only after 2 playthroughs (one for personal, one to make this review, i have been waiting to make this review for months i am planing to a good friend of mine the dlc i am not getting the game is ASS just give the game and everything it came with to Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2013
    An over-hyped piece of reductio ad absurdum with a deeply disappointing ending. This game does not deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation as the conclave of truly great games of this generation, of which the original Bioshock belongs, along with Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc. While the game does possess fun and interesting gameplay, the story is quite ridiculous and full of logicalAn over-hyped piece of reductio ad absurdum with a deeply disappointing ending. This game does not deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation as the conclave of truly great games of this generation, of which the original Bioshock belongs, along with Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc. While the game does possess fun and interesting gameplay, the story is quite ridiculous and full of logical paradoxes relating to time-travel and other possible worlds that cannot be reconciled. Interesting ambiance and fun gameplay are not enough to make up for the lipstick-on-a-pig of a story. A truly disappointing experience that could have been something worthy of the greatness unperceptive people are lavishing on it. Expand
  17. May 30, 2013
    I still haven't finished it yet, not because its difficulty (its a way too easy), but because i got really bored. Where to start:
    Graphics looks good if you stand 2 meters away from the monitor. Once you look at textures and models you realizes how poor it is.
    NPC are just annoying, dumb and lifeless (and poor modelled). Game dynamics are just COD-style, nothing that vaguely resemble
    NPC are just annoying, dumb and lifeless (and poor modelled).
    Game dynamics are just COD-style, nothing that vaguely resemble the original BioShock. No real choices, no tactics with plasmids (yes, you have vigors but once acquired electricity they become just useless and repetitive), no real challenge. This game is so easy that you could die only if you throw your character over the cliffs (and then you are reanimated by your annoying companion).
    If you really wanto to complete your BioShock collection, just wait some month and buy it on sale.
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    I often wondered if I'd ever play a game that I felt deserved an unashamed 10 out of 10. I finally found it with this title. Utterly incredible. Graphics, immersion, atmosphere, gameplay everything absolutely spectacular. Best game I've played in years.
  19. Apr 2, 2013
    This game is completely uncomparable to it's ancestor Bioshock. Original game force you to make choices, only choice you can made in B.I. is picture on Elizabet's necklace, which probably don't have any meaning for gameplay. Original game gives us enjoying minigame for lock-picking and hacking. Let's see what we have here "Hey, Elizabeth, take these lockpicks of mine and pick this lockThis game is completely uncomparable to it's ancestor Bioshock. Original game force you to make choices, only choice you can made in B.I. is picture on Elizabet's necklace, which probably don't have any meaning for gameplay. Original game gives us enjoying minigame for lock-picking and hacking. Let's see what we have here "Hey, Elizabeth, take these lockpicks of mine and pick this lock for me, please". It's boring! I was still waiting when the game shows me the full potential, but then it ends... Conclusion: It's good shooter, like many on the marked these days. Nothing special as original Bioshock as we all wanted and expected. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  21. Mar 31, 2013
    Although I have issues with the story of this game, I found it to be very thrilling to play and filled with marvelous visuals. If you go in for the gameplay you will NOT be disappointed at all. This is an incredibly polished shooter. But the story is a whole other thing. It feels like Ken Levine put too many ingredients in the soup and starts to lose track of what he wants to make theAlthough I have issues with the story of this game, I found it to be very thrilling to play and filled with marvelous visuals. If you go in for the gameplay you will NOT be disappointed at all. This is an incredibly polished shooter. But the story is a whole other thing. It feels like Ken Levine put too many ingredients in the soup and starts to lose track of what he wants to make the story about. Almost all of the political philosophy is lost a certain way into the game due to a focus on multiverses, which is interesting on it's own but eventually reaches an ending that doesn't have anything to do with the world and politics of Columbia at all. I was disappointed because I was under the assumption that the writers were trying to fix the flaws the original bioshock had, but it does not ruin the whole game. It would be best to wait for the price to lower, but you will not have remorse if you go for it while it's still 60 dollars. Expand
  22. Apr 12, 2013
    Fantastic game, fantastic story, fantastic graphics, fantastic gameplay, fantastic characters, fantastic locations, fantastic twist, fantastic enemyes and truly sad ending.
  23. Apr 7, 2013
    Pros: Setting is masterfully crafted and well-detailed. Good main characters. Lots of style and flair. Decent story with a moral backbone that few other games have.

Cons: Gameplay leaves lots to be desired. Like its predecessor, Bioshock, it still leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to the game these titles are supposed to be the spiritual successor for: System Shock 2. Bioshock Infinite is a shooter with extremely light RPG influences, and even as a shooter, it's only an OK one. Playing B:I, I myself looking forward to the dialogue between the main characters--which thankfully there is plenty off--but nearly falling asleep during gameplay segments, looking forward to them being over so I can get to the next scene. Also, the UI looks nice, but it's terrible from a usability perspective, especially on the PC. The gear system, for example, is pitifully designed.

All in all, it's a well-polished game. I love that it's focused on single player only with no frills. I love the game's themes and design. But the gameplay is so shallow, the AI is weak, and I'm left with little desire to play the game again.
  24. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The FPS is completely a train ride. The story and level seem to drag out longer than necessary while leaving characters purpose unexplained. The ending makes the whole story meaningless. Expand
  25. Mar 27, 2013
    After playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say IAfter playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say I look forward to more Bioshock in the future and maybe if we're lucky we can see more of Booker Dewitt and Elizabeth. Expand
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    One of a kind game, enjoyed it. The soundtrack and sound-effects are pretty amazing too! The only major drawback is the graphics. Sloppy texture and details, but the overall game still held together beautifully. I can just close my eyes and imagine how much more beautiful this game could have been made, especially for those who got an extremely high-end rig. I guess 2K spent just enoughOne of a kind game, enjoyed it. The soundtrack and sound-effects are pretty amazing too! The only major drawback is the graphics. Sloppy texture and details, but the overall game still held together beautifully. I can just close my eyes and imagine how much more beautiful this game could have been made, especially for those who got an extremely high-end rig. I guess 2K spent just enough money to satisfy a majority of players and didn't want to spend a penny more to make it a legend. But overall, still a pretty game. Expand
  27. Dec 9, 2013
    3 hrs in so expect minor spoilers.
    3 hrs in so expect minor spoilers.
    This game is not only supremely boring and linear, it's also aggravating and repulsive from a story point of view. So there's this beautiful city in the clouds, where people live in (seeming?) harmony, and my job is to... kill everyone?! Violently and indiscriminately? Seriously, why would I do that? Because they're devout Churchgoers (not a big fan of religion myself btw)? Or because they haven't achieved race equality yet? Now how about changing these things through political and social means, you know, bringing about enlightenment and humanist thinking by educating people? But no. The only way to progress in this game is through mass-murder. Now if this was GTA I'd find that fun, too, but
    this game seems to be wanting taken seriously.
    Apart from that, it's just a very linear shooter with mindless enemies, repetitive gunfights and poor animation. Last night I actually fell asleep while playing go figure.
    A few points for the beautiful flying city, though.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. MissAbsolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. Miss this miss out bigstyle. Expand
  29. Apr 3, 2013
    this game is amazing, brilliant, one huge problem the ending it was not as abd as me3 but that ending WTF?, its confusing odd and is just 20 minutes of walking. The rest of the game is great some levels feel a little lazy cough* cough* shanti town, but its still a great story and the tiny tie in to rapture brilliant!!
  30. Apr 8, 2013
    I'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, theI'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, the gameplay addictive and the story... oh boy, the story. First of all, I've been noting that some reviewers are citing this to be an "incoherent mess". It isn't. It's a complex, deep story that revolves around so many creative fields and subjects (racism, religion, equality, fanaticism, metaphysics, EVERYTHING is in this game) that it makes me wonder what sort of amazing inspiration the guys at Irrational have been looking through. You WILL care for the characters, you will be shocked by the twists and the ending will make your jaw drop to the floor. Bioshock Infinite deserves ALL the praise it's been getting; was it hyped THAT much? Yes, but totally lives up to it, and manages to surpass it at every single turn. This is the prime example that games are, indeed, a major for of art. Expand
  31. Apr 7, 2013
    Half-Life 2 just lost the throne as best single player campaign ever and the ending even tops the 6th Sense film ("I see dead people"), it's that good.

I can always appreciate a good single player campaign with an engaging story and oh boy, did they deliver with Bioshock Inifinite. I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that

I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that says a lot. The first Bioshock I couldn't really get into. I guess the city of Rapture was a bit too horrific and claustrophobic for my likings. But this game I love: Fantastic art direction, atmosphere, absolutely mind-blowing story (probably the best I ever played) and a great reflection on the darker parts of the history of the US. There's a lot to this game that makes you think and look things up on Wikipedia.

People who are on the fence of getting into this game, I can wholeheartedly recommend it if you like a great story and can appreciate great art work and atmosphere. I you play a campaign for the action/shooting only, then this game is still very solid but might be not too spectacular for you.
  32. Apr 15, 2013
    It's a good game and it's fun, but it's not a great game and it will not have a lasting appeal. This game is also fairly short. $60 for ~6-9 hours of game-play is a little steep.

Think of this game as the action adventure version of BioShock. Unfortunately the shooter mechanics are not good enough to stand on their own(like other BioShock games) and there is not enough other stuff to fall back on. The plasmid replacements don't seem to add much to the game and the weapons aren't very interesting so combat is very repetitive. There really isn't much in the way of enemy variety and very few enemies have unique mechanics. This causes the action to get a little stale sometimes. Most of the time combat involves killing a wave of mooks and then moving two rooms down a linear path and killing another wave of mooks who will sometimes be accompanied by a generic miniboss that you have already seen a couple times.

The story is decent but it really isn't self consistent, which might bother people.(it bothered me a little bit) The environment is also less interesting than in previous BioShock games. The areas are very linear, with linear branches that go to optional equipment or lore. It doesn't give the same sense of exploration as previous BioShock games.

Overall it's definitely not a bad game and it is worth playing, but it has it's fault and is generally over-hyped.
  33. Apr 7, 2013
    BioShock Infinite provides a blueprint for engaging players in a meaningful story and captivating their imaginations. Although it struggles in some respects, such as less than stellar boss fights, it manages to mitigate those struggles with excellent pacing and storytelling. This game has incredible production values. Everything from the atmosphere to the environments to the set-piecesBioShock Infinite provides a blueprint for engaging players in a meaningful story and captivating their imaginations. Although it struggles in some respects, such as less than stellar boss fights, it manages to mitigate those struggles with excellent pacing and storytelling. This game has incredible production values. Everything from the atmosphere to the environments to the set-pieces will astonish both old and new players. In many ways, this doesn't feel like a BioShock game. This is not the cramped, dark, and overtly tense game that was the original. This is a much more subtle and dare I say refined sort of tension one where you're unsure of the motives of any given person, including yourself. The climax and ending of the game are worth asking price alone. If you found yourself disappointed with the conclusion of the original, you will find yourself pleasantly surprised after you set down your keyboard and mouse, sit back from the monitor aghast, and begin filling your mind with the infinite. Expand
  34. Apr 6, 2013
    WoW the Game was so good Best of the 3, all i miss is big daddy :P
    The ending was WTF OMG NFW... so shocking i loved it...
    The Game-play is the same with some acrobatics but the whole thing is far better that the old!
  35. Apr 14, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a good game, but not great. Combat is interesting for a while, but gets stale after a few hours of play. The story is good, but very linear, which also leads to the point of not much replay value. You feel some connection to the characters, but almost all your time is spent shooting small groups of bad guys and searching through trash cans for loot in between theseBioshock Infinite is a good game, but not great. Combat is interesting for a while, but gets stale after a few hours of play. The story is good, but very linear, which also leads to the point of not much replay value. You feel some connection to the characters, but almost all your time is spent shooting small groups of bad guys and searching through trash cans for loot in between these fights. Although I enjoyed the ending, I did feel that the freedom the first half of the game offered was better than the second half. My recommendation is to borrow it from a friend or wait for the price to drop. Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2013
    Possibly the greatest opening I've seen in a video game. Truly inspirational work here. The lighting is fantastic. The shooting is solid the special abilities are cool and the story is superb.
  37. Mar 26, 2013
    this game is damn near perfect in a shooter. if you have not bought this game yet, quit wasting time and get it. easy to play this game multiple times. one of the biggest twist endings to a great story.
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    Great game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite gameGreat game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite game in recent memory. Expand
  39. Apr 5, 2013
    Amazing game... A little disappointed that my graphics card isn't supported. Wasn't a game-ruiner though. Story is very confusing to a point where it makes no sense. Things like the silent boy were not very well explained, but other than minor issues this is one of the best games in a while. I recommend this to ANYONE which a good enough PC. If you don't, Lets hope you have a consoleAmazing game... A little disappointed that my graphics card isn't supported. Wasn't a game-ruiner though. Story is very confusing to a point where it makes no sense. Things like the silent boy were not very well explained, but other than minor issues this is one of the best games in a while. I recommend this to ANYONE which a good enough PC. If you don't, Lets hope you have a console laying around... Expand
  40. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothingThis game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothing revolutionary, but it's solid. 9/10 Expand
  41. Jun 7, 2013
    Wow...way over-rated, first time post, doubt that anyone will read this under the weight of the accolades from some.
    Nothing THAT special about the graphics, and they were the reason I went as high as I did.
    The gameplay? Not as good as Bio-shock, and that's a fact. Made item, health and salt pickup pointless, for instance. The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before
    The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before their (Dewitt and the girl) "encounter" at Comstock house...and the end...then this is a time bubble...all this occurred, including Elizabeth's life only it didn't, NONE OF IT. or did it?..end result, instead of not caring at the end, (bad enough) I actually wanted to slap whoever thought it up...
  42. Dec 19, 2013
    go shoot, and that's the whole game, no deposit, I do not understand what it all like?
    I dont reccomend that, i got it on steamgifts, its not a game//
  43. Feb 2, 2014
    This game was not made for me. I found it to be very boring, with the same rinse-repeat shootouts without much of a break. The story line and themes were incredibly convoluted. What a shame, considering I really like the first and second Bioshock. I will however, play it a second time on a higher difficulty to see if that makes any sort of difference. I really was hoping to enjoy this.
  44. Mar 26, 2013
    We now have a metacritic title that is tied for first place of all time; I hoped for this prior to the release assuming in this day and age more people would flock to purchase the masterpeice, I nearly cried when Ken Levine of Irrational stated he went to frat houses and asked who knew or had played bioshock and nobody raised their hand.
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a confident 10/10. I do not know where to start but on Ultra with max FoV and the alternate DX11 Ambient Occlusion the game is stunning graphically with art design that shows each artist literally put his or her soul into every area of each set piece. The Plasmid's feel great and are much more unique; I dig throwing people up in the air with the bucking bronco then using murder of crows while using my carbine to pick them off with ironsights. Another thing that feels A+ especially compared to the original, Gunplay; Ironsights are perfect are is the crosshair option.
    I suggest binding right mouse to Iron Sight if you are familiar with FPS gaming, and if you have a thumb button that is where I have my "Use Plasmid" bound.

Health and Vigor restored by food/health packs and cigs/potion/salts can no longer be stored up in the inventory and at first I was looking for how to chug a potion while getting beat up a bit on Hard mode; once I adapted to not being able to use this option in combat I was able to dominate the "New" Bioshock feel.

As for the two greatest highlights aside from Graphics as we can all see it is astonishing (especially buttermilk smooth on SLI 680's) and that the story is incredible (I've fallen in love with Elizabeth already) is the revolutionary AI behind Elizabeth. She becomes a living breathing character that you are able to actually MORE than enjoy the company of. She becomes a friend, a love interest and her innocence makes her that more fragile while her ability to rip tears in time (Spoiler: the first time you see her do it its in the future to a paris premier of RETURN OF THE JEDI). Her AI is absolutely incredible with no problems.

The Skyhook system is flawless and fun; it is like a controllable rollercoaster and it is jaw dropping to Leap off a rail and decapitate a guard down below; it makes you feel powerful but not overly powerful as you'll still get your ass handed to you during portions on HARD mode making you react like FPS gamers should rather than have your perfect plasmid/gun combination always work your way; you'll miss sometimes and Liz will help out as much as she can.

I just wanted to state that I spent 2 hours before any combat came in the game searching around and in awe at the city and the art put into every area. To my surprise I've found my favorite "Minor" moment in a game ever.
    A barber shop Quartet is singing "Music from the Future. Now" due remember this is 1912; and the Quartet is singing a gorgeous rendition of 'The Beach Boys' astonishing song "God Only Knows" off of their revolutionary 'Pet Sounds' album. Being a music geek and a gaming geek perhaps that is a small sign of exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. To music what petsound was at release; Bioshock Infinite is to gaming present day.
    -- If you'd like to check out the quartet singing this GORGEOUS RENDITION please click here.
  45. Aug 22, 2014
    Shame to see these overrated piles of rubbish appearing in this day and age.

Graphics: Bloom, blinding lightning and smoke/fog covering up low quality textures and poor polymer structuring. Sound: Mediocre "christian influenced" music is almost dominating for more than half the game until they start to segment everything into eerie stressful, almost tribal drum music and even some
    Shame to see these overrated piles of rubbish appearing in this day and age.

Sound: Mediocre "christian influenced" music is almost dominating for more than half the game until they start to segment everything into eerie stressful, almost tribal drum music and even some quick Irish pub violin later on. This causes everything to have a very plastic feel (even though the ambiance is all good) and when combined with the seemingly random British accents, It serves only to give everything a plastic feel.

Gameplay: Halo's regenerative shield is given to you on a silver platter (literally) to fend off a moronic AI that excels at nothing but to constantly take "cover" in plain sight. The only time I got even remotely overwhelmed was when they managed to pull off zerg-rush tactics but It turns out that was my fault since I passed the invisible "spawn enemy once he's here" line without killing everything in sight first. It also serves to be a real bummer as the weapons in this game either one-shot everything or have literally no impact on anything at certain difficulties leaving the game to be extremely easy or annoyingly tedious instead of properly hard.

These maps also have to be some of the most mundanely linear things with invisible walls around every single corner which servers to be the biggest disappointment as the game is advertised to be "open-styled". But hey, gotta get the games on consoles somehow while also slurping it over half-arsed on a PC, right?

Story: Predictable and incredibly confusing at the same time as the plot throws in space-time continuums like they're verbs. Other than that, the game is simply a massive corridor filled with enemies and the occasional carefully placed camera angles to sexually expose Elizabeth as much as humanly possible. Because hey, only kids will fall into the trap to buy this game... Right?

Long story short, Buy it at a sale and get in with little in the form of expectations and preferably with two defunct eyes as well.
  46. Mar 28, 2013
    Never before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music isNever before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music is captivating and enthralling, with all of its drama. With extra orchestral stabs to accent details such as how you finish an enemy, the experience really feels complete and integrated. The gameplay is familiar for fans of the previous Bioshock games, with new innovations to spice things up. Zipping around Columbia and dealing out devastating blows is both effective and immensely satisfying. No game is perfect, as no form of entertainment/art is immune to subjectivity but this game comes so close that it deserves a 10/10 for being worth every single coin spent on it. Expand
  47. Mar 27, 2013
    You are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don'tYou are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don't play it, but most people say it's an excellent game...why am I going to go troll about it and give the game a bad rating since I already know beforehand I am not going to like it? Moreover, if you want a game that's tailored to your every need and desire, why don't you go make your own game? exactly! You don't have to sit here and be a troll and ruin it for others who would have probably liked the game. They weren't making the game only for you, like your very own personalized version or something like that. You do not gain anything by trolling, if a person want to buy the game they will do it regardless of what you post here, because it is their choice that they can make, and no matter what some troll on the internet says is going to stop them ok. By have a nice day. Expand
  48. Mar 28, 2013
    I really love this game. The stroy is really amazing, and the graphics and the combat system is fun. I was able to connect with Elizabeth and Booker better than any other game characters. The enviorment in Columbia was really good. The part when Elizabeth said she didnt want to go back locked up again by a baddie. This is what made me feel like i had a duty to do. It made me care forI really love this game. The stroy is really amazing, and the graphics and the combat system is fun. I was able to connect with Elizabeth and Booker better than any other game characters. The enviorment in Columbia was really good. The part when Elizabeth said she didnt want to go back locked up again by a baddie. This is what made me feel like i had a duty to do. It made me care for Elizabeth and dieing was not an option to me. The skyline system was very well done. I actually repeated several mission because the skyline action was just too awesome. This is the first game i ever gave a 10 rating, and it deserves that. Expand
  49. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  50. Mar 28, 2013
    Okay, updating this to an 8 since I find it gets quite repetitive later on in... Good visuals for the Unreal 3 engine but mostly enhanced volumetric/lighting fx as overall its quite low-polygon (Its using all cores on my i5 3570K and getting 60fps all options maxed @1080p on the HD7870) Game play and controls are good no complaints at all.
  51. Apr 2, 2013
    a 10 hour long game? no thank you. Ok ok, the setting is cool, the combat is fun, blablabla. But seriously, what's up with these movies pretending to be game? ya, you are probably looking at me like you don't speak english but a lot of games these days, including Bioshock, resemble more to interactive movies than actual games. However, i give this "game" a 6 on 10 because it has thea 10 hour long game? no thank you. Ok ok, the setting is cool, the combat is fun, blablabla. But seriously, what's up with these movies pretending to be game? ya, you are probably looking at me like you don't speak english but a lot of games these days, including Bioshock, resemble more to interactive movies than actual games. However, i give this "game" a 6 on 10 because it has the particularity to be a good interactive movie, likes the philosophy behind it... even if, again, the gameplay is dumbed down, repetitive, and battlefield 3 like: run, shoot, hide, wait for shield to come back up. Expand
  52. Apr 5, 2013
    This is a message to all butt-hurt idiots giving a 0 or 1 to this masterpiece. Finally in years you have a smart and complex storyline, mixed in with interesting combat mechanics (even if you are limited to 2 weapons but this idea was probably meant for the 1999 mode in mind), intelligent AI, beautiful graphics and atmosphere. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games worked extremelyThis is a message to all butt-hurt idiots giving a 0 or 1 to this masterpiece. Finally in years you have a smart and complex storyline, mixed in with interesting combat mechanics (even if you are limited to 2 weapons but this idea was probably meant for the 1999 mode in mind), intelligent AI, beautiful graphics and atmosphere. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games worked extremely hard for this game and you still have immature haters, unable to respect other people's work. Guess the haters will be better off playing a money grubbing mainstream EA like game without any soul what so ever. Creating several account just to bash a game, disgusts me and is a pathetic move. In conclusion It will be remembered as one of the greatest games ever made. Haters gonna hate Expand
  53. Jun 9, 2013
    A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.

The story is amazing only if you have somehow until now managed to avoid the concept of a videogame telling a story. If this is not a shocking new development for you and you enjoy an easy shooter without a lot of demands on the player, consider this if it ever goes below $10. Until then, save your money.
  54. Oct 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the best example of a game company favoring story over game play. The game holds the players hand throughout the game, there is a line the player can bring up to show where to go, or you can go exploring and rummage through trashcans for food that don’t do anything for the player. If you die the game just brings you back to life where you just died with little to noBioshock Infinite is the best example of a game company favoring story over game play. The game holds the players hand throughout the game, there is a line the player can bring up to show where to go, or you can go exploring and rummage through trashcans for food that don’t do anything for the player. If you die the game just brings you back to life where you just died with little to no consequence, even on the hardest mode available to a first time player. The difficulty in the game is just non-existent.

The story in Bioshock Infinite is the best redeeming quality for the game. The player assumes the role of Booker, who is sent to Columbia to rescue Elizabeth to pay off a debt. The real positive part of the story is more of the characters than the actual time line of the story. The game makes you actually care about the characters, but the actual content of what you are playing just feels unimportant. Add one of the most disappointing endings to a game and you’ve got the story of one of the most overrated games of all time.

The graphics are nice to look at, if you like the art direction the game took, and there is no denying that. While the game looks good, it still doesn’t play well.
  55. Mar 29, 2013
    Pretty mediocre. The gameplay is generally boring, the enemies are stupid, the "vigors" (read: plasmids) are often interchangeable (3 out of the total 8 can be summarized as "stun") and there is far too few of them, and the skylines are a gimmick. The graphics and the level design are neat-o, but graphics don't make a game. The story failed to grip me, perhaps because it is full of clichesPretty mediocre. The gameplay is generally boring, the enemies are stupid, the "vigors" (read: plasmids) are often interchangeable (3 out of the total 8 can be summarized as "stun") and there is far too few of them, and the skylines are a gimmick. The graphics and the level design are neat-o, but graphics don't make a game. The story failed to grip me, perhaps because it is full of cliches or because I was already bemused by the other lackluster parts of the game. Expand
  56. Mar 28, 2013
    I haven't got through this game too far yet but I just don't understand why people love it so much. To put it bluntly I'm starting to find this is a bit of a grind. Enter an area, kill the faceless dull enemies, grab the loot, complete task, kill some more faceless enemies on the way out, grab the loot, move onto the next area. Repeat until end of game.
    It is also very odd that the
    It is also very odd that the Prophet is trying to stop you escaping with Elizabeth but he only sends half a dozen goons at a time to stop you. "What, those 6 goons didn't kill you? Well, just wait till you get to the next zone where there will be another 6 goons waiting".
    The game really lacks the horror and terror I got from Bioshock 2. The first time you encounter a big sister or big daddy in Bioschock scares the crap out of you. I haven't had the same feeling with Infinite yet.
    Bottom line: I just don't find Infinite fun. Usually when I get a new game I play for hours on end until my back starts spasming. With Infinite I play for maybe 30 minutes at a time, at least until I get to the next checkpoint (why can't I save the game when I want, and why can't I save multiple games? Crazy).
    I hope Infinite gets better the further I get into this game otherwise I may end up not finishing it.
  57. Jun 1, 2013
    People should really know the difference between graphics and aesthetics. The game looks nice, but not really graphics wise. Muddy textures were cleverly hidden by post-processing trickery. The story is shallow and makes use of multi-dimensional to make up for it. Intelligent people would only get the game, people would say. They treat quantum mechanics as magic and use it as cop-out forPeople should really know the difference between graphics and aesthetics. The game looks nice, but not really graphics wise. Muddy textures were cleverly hidden by post-processing trickery. The story is shallow and makes use of multi-dimensional to make up for it. Intelligent people would only get the game, people would say. They treat quantum mechanics as magic and use it as cop-out for plot holes in the story. I don't understand the 10s and 9s that people give to this game. The game mechanics is not even that perfect. Why should it even be called a video game if you don't even emphasize the game mechanics. Increasing difficulty increases enemy sponginess? Why can't you carry more than two weapons anyway? The weapon upgrades are meaningless, as the upgrades would only be countered by increased health of generic enemies, I should say. The weapons don't even feel that powerful because they don't stop your enemies on their tracks. All this flaws are then discarded because of the awesome ending? Biggest cop-out in a video game in this generation, more like. Infinite became meaningless with constants and variables. I scored 4 because of the aesthetics of the game, the sounds and the whole flying city thing. Not game of the year or even game of the generation material, as some people that has fallen to its mediocre plot and "mind-blowing" twist and ending. Buy Metro: Last Light instead. Expand
  58. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:

- Decent lighting effects (overshadowed by low res textures)

- Solid sound design and effects. Music in the game helps support the plot at points in creative ways.

- Excellent, believable, voice acting. This is the strongest point of the game IMO.

Cons:

- Completely on rails experience. You have this amazing city in the sky, but you can't explore it. You can't use the sky rail to move from one side of the city to the other. There is no sense of exploration. Columbia is reduced to a bunch of kill hallways.

- No sense of atmosphere. You never forgot for a second that you were at the bottom of the ocean in Bioshock's Rapture. You'd hear creaking noises from the water pressure, and see leaking water from the outside coming in, etc. However, Columbia is not this way. You forget that you are floating in the sky unless you actively stop what you are doing to look at a building move slightly. This is the opposite of immersion.

- Bland, generic, boring, useless weapons. I used 2 weapons in this game (volley gun and pistol) for 95% of the game. Except for occasionally using the sniper and RPG, you don't need to use any other weapons. They are there as an artificial display of 'weapon diversity'. Even the guns I did use were boring even when fully upgraded.

- The vigors are completely unoriginal and boring. I did not need to switch between vigors as much as I should of.

- Atrocious enemy AI. They scream and run at you with a billy club while you have an RPG. They seem to take cover and uncover at scripted times.

- Key plot details are left in purposely out-of-your-way places (the Voxophones). If you don't stop everything you are doing and listen to them, then you won't understand the story and ending. This is horrible and lazy storytelling. The audio logs in Bioshock 1 complemented the story, they were not essential to it.

- The story is incredibly convoluted and poorly written, and a lot of complex details are rushed in and thrown at you during the last 20 minutes, so you are sure not to understand. Terrible pacing. Complexity is not a substitute for quality.

- The game is about 8 hours long. This is just downright insulting. Spend $60 to play an 8 hour game? A horrible, boring, poorly written, game no less?

- False Advertising: This was a completely different game than what was shown in the E3 demos. I understand developers sometimes have to cut things out here and there for time reasons. But this was full-on Aliens:Colonial Marines-like false advertising. Watered down visuals (no dynamic lighting), watered down physics (small objects in the world don't get picked up by Bucking Bronco like they did in the demo), watered down animations, watered down enemy AI, and watered down textures. Even the sky-rail is better implemented than the final product. I don't care if it was 'because of consoles' or not. No reason is justified for lying to us. I have no idea why Irrational is not getting sued like Gearbox did.

This is the entire game: You go to an area, shoot some enemies, loot, talk to Liz or have a cutscene, then rinse and repeat. Game of the year? Are you joking?

If you liked the first two Bioshocks in any way, do not buy this game. It is an insult to the Shock series of games.

There was not one second of this game where I could say it was "game of the year" and "completely groundbreaking" and "setting a new standard for video games" or any of the other hyperbole tossed around from gaming publications.
  59. Mar 28, 2013
    This is more of a first impression rather than a full review. So far I've played about an hour of the game but that's enough to get a good feel for every thing except the story which seems twin peakish in nature. I played Bio-shock 1 before playing infinite and a couple of things struck me as I payed: This game was optimized for consoles, not PC's, as the save feature has been removedThis is more of a first impression rather than a full review. So far I've played about an hour of the game but that's enough to get a good feel for every thing except the story which seems twin peakish in nature. I played Bio-shock 1 before playing infinite and a couple of things struck me as I payed: This game was optimized for consoles, not PC's, as the save feature has been removed in favor of a check point system and the game has been dumbed down over all. Graphics are not cutting edge but not that bad either. Characters look plastic and robotic and often go through a short animation loop. Through my play through the character voices didn't sync with the mouth movement of the characters speaking. Guns are much easier to use. Noticed the "infinite" machine gun has no recoil which differs from the first game where the tommy-gun had a noticeable kick back (like a real one would). I encountered my first game breaking glitch about 15 to 20 minutes in at the fair before the raffle. I was at the shotgun shooting booth and when I finished the game wouldn't allow me to exit out. All the other booths worked fine. So far the game isn't gripping me like the first one did. The anti-christian, anti-american under tone is a bit heavy handed and clumsy. Would be nice for a bit more nuance in the story. Games not bad but also no great. Definitely not as good as the reviews are making it out to be. To sum up: The first game was leagues better and this by comparison is over simplified and lack luster.

On a side note I'd like to comment on the odd influx of 10 scores so quickly since the game was released seems suspicious. I'm guessing a fair number of those tens might be from 2K stooges hired to fluff the meta critic score. Buyer beware I suppose but it's still insulting to me as a consumer.
  60. Mar 28, 2013
    The graphic quality of the game is very impressive and really wows you from the beginning. The problems though that I have with this game are numerous. First of all the setting is really not my cup of tea at all with the nazi americans and racism which is uncomfortable to listen to. I do not like the racism, I know its the bad guys saying all that stuff but its a bit much. Next the combatThe graphic quality of the game is very impressive and really wows you from the beginning. The problems though that I have with this game are numerous. First of all the setting is really not my cup of tea at all with the nazi americans and racism which is uncomfortable to listen to. I do not like the racism, I know its the bad guys saying all that stuff but its a bit much. Next the combat is VERY dumbed down, no hacking, rediculous amount of health and salt everywhere and if you run out Elizabeth just magically gives you more for free, infinite ammunition (I loved the previous games where ammo was sparse and you had to think about what weapon to use and how to proceed). The combat is also painfully easy and I was playing on hard mode. The weapons are not nearly as fun as previous games and the upgrade system is much more basic and limited. If you die you just respawn in the same area and the carry on. The combat was one of my favourite features of bioshock and in this game its heavily nerfed, the game really likes to hold your hand. The game is pretty linear, sure you could explore if you wanted to but there is no real reason to do so. I can see how people would love its but for me personally its overated. Expand
  61. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite does look and play nice. It has bright colors, amusing powers and an abundant supply of health kits, salts and weapons/ammunition. But it is also very shallow. The combat lacks tactical depth due to regenerating shield, predetermined tear locations and the overly useful "Charm Object" vigor that works on turrets and automatons. The exploration, although present, doesn'tBioshock Infinite does look and play nice. It has bright colors, amusing powers and an abundant supply of health kits, salts and weapons/ammunition. But it is also very shallow. The combat lacks tactical depth due to regenerating shield, predetermined tear locations and the overly useful "Charm Object" vigor that works on turrets and automatons. The exploration, although present, doesn't offer any extra options except for an occasional infusion. Your choices do not matter at all (you only have two, to be honest). You get your answers too late to change your perspective on things and the ending is way overcomplicated. Yet it's a merry roller coaster ride with bright colors and amusing vigors that go boom. Just not quite as engrossing as the first Bioshock or System Shock 2. Expand
  62. Mar 30, 2013
    Another run of the mill FPS/RPG. The only thing is has that stands out is the graphics. It is not worth the starting price. The story is decent but its 10 hours... then game over. The game has NO replay value. So if you're ready to pay the big price for a game you will play for 8-12 hours go for it. If you want a avg. run of the mill RPG... be my guest! If you can wait and get it onAnother run of the mill FPS/RPG. The only thing is has that stands out is the graphics. It is not worth the starting price. The story is decent but its 10 hours... then game over. The game has NO replay value. So if you're ready to pay the big price for a game you will play for 8-12 hours go for it. If you want a avg. run of the mill RPG... be my guest! If you can wait and get it on sale through steam for $15. I have been playing video games for 20 years. The people that are giving it 10's are 16 and haven't been playing RPG/FPS for very long, that's my guess because other wise you won't be able to stomaching giving this game over a 6. There is nothing wrong with being new to the RPG world, but this game isn't a 10. Skyrim isn't a 10, so how could this be a 10? I would give this game a 7.5 at the VERY highest. Expand
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    I'm just going to put a 6/10 since I'm feeling generous.
    I'm just going to put a 6/10 since I'm feeling generous.
    Columbia isn't even half the environment of Rapture for one and the world isn't given nearly as much explanation and depth. The map is no longer open like the previous Bioshock games. There's a 2 weapon limit, and you can't duel wield powers and weapons. There isn't special ammo. There's no hacking. You can't use health kits or salt kits as inventory items. The father/daughter relationship is really ham handed and was done better in Bioshock 2. The guns are relatively unremarkable. The tonics are replaced by rather boring clothes that aren't nearly as game impacting as the tonics were.
    The vigors are really cool though, shame how they couldn't be upgraded as well as in Bioshock 2 and 1. The heavy hitters were interesting, but could be easily destroyed by RPG fire. The story was mediocre, and the ending was done in many other media as well. The ending of Nier and even EYE: Divine Cybermancy was better.
  64. Mar 26, 2013
    While I have issues with the pacing and logic of the game, it is still a beautiful and immersive experience. It is fun as well as thought-provoking. It has moments of intense combat and of great emotional impact. It is visually stunning, even more so on a decent gaming rig. It is by no means flawless, but what does work like the Elizabeth AI, the shooting/vigor mechanics, the Skyline, theWhile I have issues with the pacing and logic of the game, it is still a beautiful and immersive experience. It is fun as well as thought-provoking. It has moments of intense combat and of great emotional impact. It is visually stunning, even more so on a decent gaming rig. It is by no means flawless, but what does work like the Elizabeth AI, the shooting/vigor mechanics, the Skyline, the atmosphere, the minute details such as Dimwit and Duke, et al. is implemented with such precision that I was simply enthralled. Expand
  65. May 18, 2013
    looks like today for a good game you just need American flag and founding fathers!? This game tries to be serious, but deeply fails.

Great hype!!!!!!
  66. Mar 30, 2013
    Wait till 75% off on steam or even better buy something else. Another average game aimed at the teenagers, its very disappointing that mainstream gaming has become as boring as the movies being made. Every time i play one of these so called 10/10 games i find my self looking backwards in time for the real masterpieces of video games.
  67. Apr 4, 2013
    Well.... We know now that the marketing for this game was a success. 65 bucks for a 2 day game with no multiplayer? No thanks. Zero challenge in this game. Free supplies and unlimited lives built right in. The A.I. Let me take my time to line up my head shots. And the story? Wow. If you don't have an answer for something just use another dimension to fix it all up. I give a 10 to theWell.... We know now that the marketing for this game was a success. 65 bucks for a 2 day game with no multiplayer? No thanks. Zero challenge in this game. Free supplies and unlimited lives built right in. The A.I. Let me take my time to line up my head shots. And the story? Wow. If you don't have an answer for something just use another dimension to fix it all up. I give a 10 to the marketing team that's it. Rent it,beat it, forget it. Expand
  68. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is Bioshock PERFECTION!! The original Bioshock was my first introduction to FPS. Infinite brings it to 11. Well done! It's going to be difficult to compete with this one.
  69. May 23, 2013
    Hyper Magazine says It isn’t perfect", so then why give it a perfect 100?

The game is huge, the effort that went into it is enormous. It is fun, but I am half way through and can't really be bothered going any further. The narrative is just not that interesting and I find myself switching off and just pressing N all the time to try to get to the end as fast as possible.
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. Quite literally, one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. People will speak of this game for decades to come, not just for what it did, but for what it helped lead to long after its creation.
  71. Mar 27, 2013
    A beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not beA beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not be the game you'll play over and over like Team Fortress 2 or an Elder Scrolls game, but BioShock Infinite will still linger in your head after completion because the storytelling is just that good. Ken Levine, you know how to write a damn good story. Feel good about that. It could be a very long time until another game with this good of writing comes along again. It doesn't have the moral directions that Levine's BioShock 1 had, or what Jordan Thomas' BioShock 2 had (which wasn't AS good as BS1 or Infinite, but still a great game). I also found the game to be a bit short, but that's okay, because it might have felt like it dragged on a bit if it was longer, you never know. Overall, this is the kind of game every type of gamer should try before they die. Expand
  72. Apr 10, 2013
    An immense world with gothic buildings and very nice artwork stuff with hype and a boring story. After a few hours you'll realize that that's all there is it to is a laggy fps with absolutely no interest. I never finished the game so I dont know how the ending is. The rest was nice but boring.
  73. Jun 11, 2013
    The most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was allThe most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was all about. Honestly, the game is not worth the time invested, and I don't know why all the critics are raving about it. Expand
  74. Apr 6, 2013
    I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here,I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here, but finish the game, and you will see what I mean. I don't really consider the BioShock games shooters, so people who like games such as CoD, Battlefield, etc. for the most part will not enjoy this game as much. I was getting the same feelings after I played this as I was when I finished Half-Life 2, and that is really saying something. Expand
  75. Mar 26, 2013
    This game sets a new bar for the fps genre, it reuses the unique formula of the previous bioshock games and implemented it well. And I'm glad Irrational games and the crew took the time to polish the game. This game is a great experiences and it is possibly one of the stronger contestants for Game of the year.
  76. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best game I have ever played and if you can play it on PC, you should do it. Great story, combat and aesthetics. Most definitely recommended.
  77. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is one of the best I have played in the last 5 years, but it is not everyone is going to see why it is such a big deal, as the makers have tried to maintain a balance between shooter and interactive story, but have ended up doing a slight disservice to both.
    I have had friends report they found the game to be enjoyable, but they were confused by many aspects of the story. When I dug in to why, it is because they completely missed key elements of the story because the game makes it far to easy to just skip the story and move on with the combat.
    If you are someone who loves a good story, and you are willing to make the effort to let the story unwrap around you, paying attention to the amazing level of detail in the environment, then this is going to be one of the best games you have ever played.
    If story isn't your thing, or you don't like digging for details, or you just want to shoot stuff... you will probably still get enjoyment out of this game, but you will be left wondering what the hype is about.
    Despite being technically "dated", the graphics in this game where some of the best I have ever seen. By embracing the limitations of their engine, and focusing on solid art direction, 2K/Irrational games have created an environment that was far more compelling to me than any of the super engines like Battle Field 3.
  78. Apr 6, 2013
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.
    They were really awsome and I hope there will be more games telling more stuff about rapture...
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.

Bioshock Infinite was a new experience. Everything was new and the game was not just like bioshock 1 and 2. I mean the feeling was totally new, the graphics so fantastic (I like it when games are games and not like the reality), all the dialogues funny and constructive and still it was bioshock. If you had the same feeling like me with bioshock 1: seeing this beautiful city called rapture and stuff, then you will experience the same feeling right here.

And i must say: While playing i always thought "What is this? What is happening? I don't get it!" because the game story is focused on the end where you will suddenly understand everything. I for myself started thinking about the end. I started to think about the consequences the result of the game would have. This end will even let you think about the story of bioshock 1 and 2.

For me, this game is a totally must have. But if you only want "real" graphics, which copy the reality, and no story, then play Call of Duty and stuff like this.

(I am german, my english isn't perfect but you understand what i mean, that's for sure)
    MfG
    Wilcon
  79. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!

Just finished the game, took me around 30+ hours.

I'm glad I decided to play 1999 mode on my first play through, it made the game really challenging and I died just enough times.

This was a really special game, what a mind blowing and rare experience! Grabbing my favorite kind of game, (fps rpg) and wrap it around a really good story. I loved how rich and alive the world feels, you really feel you're in this city with its own twisted culture and beliefs, and I loved how you were there before everything went to so you actually got to see the beauty and majesty of Columbia. I mean, the city breads believability, electronics all have a brand, and so does food, clothing, alcohol, tabaco, etc. I love how themed everything is, everything makes sense and its not only there to fill up the environment. From FINKs crates to Prophets propaganda props.
    Another thing Irrational Games nailed once again, was what I like to call environment storytelling, the way dead bodies were placed and the destroyed stuff around them, if you take a second to absolve the room you're in, you can really picture what happened in there with you're mind. I like to all this the "half eaten donut moment" from the movie Aliens, you don't always need to tell a story, just present pieces of it, like puzzle pieces, and people will put it together in their minds, and IG artists and designers always excelled at this, it is so inspiring for me.
    It really felt that the artists made the art of the game to support both the gameplay AND the story, and not only to make a pretty game, and for those who work on the games industry, you know how challenging that is!

Gameplay wise, I gotta say the combat is loads of fun! Weapons feel really good, and I found myself using a wide range of weapons through the game, but ultimately I used the Sniper/RPG combination the most. Enemies and AI are smart and challenging enough, Melee and shotguns guys strike at you while rifle and other dudes take cover and whatnot. Overall I found the combat really rewarding and fun, this is a shooter after all so I'm glad they made it compelling to just shoot at bad guys.

I gotta say though, the Vigors in the game are really poor. I found the Plasmids in Bioshock a lot better somehow and I found myself using pretty much all of them, whereas in Bioshock Infinite I pretty much only used a couple, and rarely.
    Bioshock gave you a lot of temptation to use the plasmids, well placed oil puddles, water puddles, Telekinisis to get unreachable stuff and other things. Maybe the levels in that game were smaller and easier to design/play with plasmids, but still...
    Another thing, the game never really forces you to use the Vigors, I remember in Bioshock they made you use the Electro Bolt to open certain doors, Fire to ignite certain areas and open frozen doors, etc, etc. On Infinite Vigors are exclusively used for combat, maybe they did that to simplify the game, make it more mainstream, along with the idea of removing hacking and lock picking.

Also, I kept waiting for that big moment when you had to fight the all mighty and feared Songbird, but that moment never happened, in fact, its curious how this game doesn't have many bosses, I can only think of one, Lady Comstocks ghost. You have those mini-boss guys with the crows and the handymans, but still, bit of a wasted opportunity there for a badass boss scene when Songbird kidnaps Liz and take her to Comstock.
    And speaking of Comstock, anyone else think his death was extremely anti-climatic? You slap his head and drown in a water puddle? Again, wasted boss potential there, I was expecting the final fight with the Prophet to be one of a kind.

Still in the subject of bosses, wtf was that last boss scene? If I can call it that? They just trown enemies and Motorized Patriots at you, and that's it!! No epic climax boss scene... In Bioshocks last boss scene, they make you fight Atlas, this big ass mutated and the game makes you use all the Plasmids you've got to be able to beat all the stages of the boss, which is awesome cos it makes you use everything you learned during the game, where's in Infinite you just get normal enemies being trown at you... Again, wasted opportunity for a epic climax!

Bioshock was one of the best and the most memorable games of the last decade for me, Infinite builds on top of that legacy and makes it better in many many many ways, unfortunately it was also a bit streamlined in many ways.

With that being said, this was one awesome game that will live in my memory for many years, if not ever! I might have sounded overly negative or critic, but it was only because I care about it so much and was able to see the tiny flaws of it. I can't praise this game enought though! I'll be playing it a second time soon for sure, and I can't wait for the dlcs, curious to see what they'll come up with.

Oh... And the end cutscene, with the plot twist and all, damn!
  80. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  81. Apr 3, 2013
    lets forget about the score........i dont even played this game yet...its about feeling and moods...alcohal drugs and hate....a word called love..............and long lost ...whatever........10 means its all good forever and i agree :).....................i must provide a score ....like i said 10 then :P
  82. May 30, 2013
    This game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot pleaseThis game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot please everyone. I normally buy my games in the sales on steam; however I paid full price for this game and was not disappointed....worth every penny. Expand
  83. Mar 31, 2013
    All I can say about this game is WOW! The game starts amazing the player in its initial moments and does not let. The visuals are great and while the plasmids from the early Bioshock games return the added elevation and skyrail mechanics really add to the combat. The game is very linear, which plays wonderfully into the games story with it's many twists and turns that I only began to startAll I can say about this game is WOW! The game starts amazing the player in its initial moments and does not let. The visuals are great and while the plasmids from the early Bioshock games return the added elevation and skyrail mechanics really add to the combat. The game is very linear, which plays wonderfully into the games story with it's many twists and turns that I only began to start to figure out just as the reveal was coming. Also, I know that there are many things I have missed on my first playthrough that are embedded into the games ascetics revealing more story. Worthy of all the 10/10 scores? Game mechanics wise maybe not but story wise? Absolutely. Expand
  84. Mar 30, 2013
    Gorgeous scenery, amazing music, satisfying combat, and superb voice acting. Infinite is a well put together game, that feels as though it was meant to be something else. I've followed Infinite for a very long time, since rumors broke about it. It's hard to play the game and not hear Ken Levine's early words, about the morality system, interactions with Songbird, and ideas of how the storyGorgeous scenery, amazing music, satisfying combat, and superb voice acting. Infinite is a well put together game, that feels as though it was meant to be something else. I've followed Infinite for a very long time, since rumors broke about it. It's hard to play the game and not hear Ken Levine's early words, about the morality system, interactions with Songbird, and ideas of how the story was meant to evolve. You can even see how the game was originally going to be during the first chapter, and then it slowly fades away. That 'longing' aside, the story is still a bit lacking. It feels cheap and convoluted, at best. Especially towards the end. Overall a fun experience, that feels a bit shallow and pieced together. Expand
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    It has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harshIt has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harsh with games since it has been a common practice for developers to shove out the same garbage year after year with little to no creativity or ingenuity but this game is one of those rare gems that surface every once in a blue moon. While not overly long it is still in my opinion a perfect length. I found myself not wanting to go to fast because I wanted to savor the story! Elisabeth is one of the most engaging female characters I have encountered since Alex Vance. There are few games that deserve a 10/10 but this is absolutely one of them. Expand
  86. Mar 30, 2013
    I never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I sayI never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I say that almost literally, there is so much going on that kept me entertained for hours on end. The graphics, while some might argue are outdone by other games in the FPS genre, are in my opinion, still freaking brilliant. The characters are also quite lively, especially Elizabeth, of whom probably belongs on some list for the best female NPCs ever made. While I hate to do this in a review, I simply cannot resist giving this game a 10/10. It is awesome! Expand
  87. Mar 29, 2013
    probably THE best game i played in my life its not the game of the year its the game of the decade.
    This game is a masterpiece something that will last for life.
  88. Apr 4, 2013
    It feels like you are playing a movie but three times longer and better. Amazing graphics, Amazing story. Not a single game out there made me care more a bout a certain character than bioshock infinate did. Masterpiece
  89. Mar 30, 2013
    Believe the hype. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. The developers at Irrational Games have managed to provide yet another masterpiece to the gaming community, and this one will be talked about for years to come. It's a visually stunning accomplishment with an excellent narrative that challenges you to question the nature of life, death, and ultimately, your own reality
  90. Mar 30, 2013
    You've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, iYou've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, i enjoyed it. The story and character development is very well done, the details of which you'll have to find out yourselves. It's a welcome and worthy addition to the franchise, especially after the disappointment that was Bioshock 2. Expand
  91. Mar 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on inFantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on in the game is intense and fun to use. Elisabeth is an awesome character and by far my favourite female game character hands down. A ten out of ten in my opinion there really is nothing to complain about in this game. Expand
  92. May 16, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is a work of art. If you play it how it is meant to be played- by taking your time and exploring the game is extremely satisfying. The combat is fast paced and exciting but the best part is the story. The same level as a movie such as Inception. The game is beautiful and captivating.
  93. Apr 10, 2013
    People who think this game is overrated are probably either not honest did not take the time to play the games correctly ,Or have too much expectation of what a game should be TAKE YOU TIME ENJOY THE SHOW .

This is a very funky and cool game Of course the story was not written by Charles Dickens or Tolkien give them a break, come on ! The graphics are simply fabulous the blend

The graphics are simply fabulous the blend of Disney type and digital graphics is amazing the heroes and characters are credible and you get found of them the voice acting is perfect .

I am proud to have purchased this games and in the same time encouraged the peoples who have worked so hard on it !

I can describe the game as being an interactive cinematic story telling shooting gallery type EASY FUN AND BEAUTIFUL. A nice way to get out of the daily routine .

the games that i have loved Monkey island Half-life serie Fall-out 3 and LAS Vegas Titan quest Dead island Civilization
  94. Apr 5, 2013
    There is no denying that Bioshock: Infinite is a very well made game. The story is superb, the voice acting is great, and environments are spectacular. This game does everything possible to immerse you into a wonderful story.

The gameplay however, did not live up to my expectations. The presence of Elizabeth constantly handing you ammo and salts trivialized the otherwise frantic hunt for ammo and the need to try new weapons based on what was available. The enemy types also felt painfully repetitive and the "founder" enemy type with the machine guns felt very over used. Also, there was no need to try out any of the vigors as I progressed. Based on the descriptions, some of the first few vigors in the game (Shock Jockey, Devil's Kiss, and Murder of Crows to be exact) seemed like the best 3 vigors in the game. Same thing with the gear the first four items I found were never replaced because they seemed like the best gear I could have equipped leaving no real sense of progression throughout the campaign other than the occasional weapon upgrade.

The campaign was great but I do feel that some sections were unnecessarily elongated. During the middle of the campaign when you are searching for machines to make weapons and traveling back and forth between dimensions in the same area I did not feel any real sense of purpose and felt like I was aimlessly wandering. Additionally some aspects of the plot, while very interesting, felt overly complicated and it almost requires outside research to understand everything.

After beating the campaign, I felt no real desire to replay it. Most of the fun involved getting to the end and having everything explained to you to tie the story together. After knowing how it ends, playing the campaign again, ever on a harder difficulty, just seems like it wouldn't be as fun.
  95. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have toThis game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have to respect it, because what it did; it did near perfectly. Expand
  96. Apr 4, 2013
    An outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and theAn outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and the ability to explore every corner and rooftop of the immersive environment of Columbia. Players who can appreciate these things will not be disappointed. In addition, elements like tears and skylines give a fresh new take on combat this is enjoyable and a break from the repetitive nature of most new shooters these days. Overall, an excellent game. Stop reading and go play it. Expand
  97. May 16, 2013
    A gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing thatA gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing that stands out. You won't remember the game for its gunfight action, but you will be mesmerised and propelled along by the sheer craft of the world, characters and unfolding story. If they had this world, mixed in with the kind of multi-choice gameplay dynamic of something like Dishonored, then the game could have got top marks. I'll certainly go back and play through again in the future a solid 8-8.5. Thanks Irrational! Expand
  98. May 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainlyBioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainly leaves the player wanting to get on the wiki site ti learn more. Bioshock Infinite is certainly one to be remembered, and with the nourishing level of detail, forgetting the beauty (and ensuing chaos) of Columbia will prove difficult for any gamer. With the physics engines and graphics cards of 2013, Infinite leaves us thinking "Damn, if only Rapture had looked this good."

If anything could be said against the game, it would be Irrational's lack of effort towards creating a fully function AI society. Whilst the player is indeed submerged in a city with non-aggressive AI to bolster the feeling that you are in a real human settlement and not just a war zone, Irrational struggles to do this improvement over the game's predecessors any real justice with the lack of interaction between the AI and the player itself. One finds themself questioning the difference between taking stuff from a chest of drawers and taking stuff from a chest of drawers with the word 'steal' at the bottom of the screen, demonstrating the scripted incidents carried out by the competely robotic artificial intelligence.
  99. Mar 27, 2013
    For me, this game is Portal 2 all over again. As a game compared to universal standards it's awesome, but compared to its predecessor (I only acknowledge the first), it falls short. But it certainly goes pretty far to meet the bar set by the original Bioshock. The beginning is an atmospheric masterpiece, but after a minor complication with your first escape attempt the plot loses someFor me, this game is Portal 2 all over again. As a game compared to universal standards it's awesome, but compared to its predecessor (I only acknowledge the first), it falls short. But it certainly goes pretty far to meet the bar set by the original Bioshock. The beginning is an atmospheric masterpiece, but after a minor complication with your first escape attempt the plot loses some steam. Later in the game, the plot turns upside down in typical Bioshock fashion, and though it's well executed I didn't much care for it. As always, the ending is mindblowing and anyone who uploads a video of it should be shot on sight. Graphics aren't earth-shattering, but the lip-syching and voice acting are phenomenal. Probably the best part of the whole game is the interactions between Booker and Elizabeth as their relationship changes throughout the story. Conversations are believable with just the right amount of ambiguity to keep you guessing about the story, and Elizabeth is by far the best videogame support character in history, barely nudging out Alyx Vance of the Half-Life series. This game should never be sold for less than $50, but I do take issue with the "pre-purchase DLC" scam they've got going on on Steam. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]