8.5

1. Jul 31, 2014
    Unfortunately, I was hyped for Bioshock to no end. The spiritual successor to one of the best games in history - System Shock, partly from the same creators. The expectations went through the roof, raving reviews, promo lines like System Shock on steroids, you get the idea. But when I started playing this I was like What??? What is this console shooter crap? Yes, the location is nice and IUnfortunately, I was hyped for Bioshock to no end. The spiritual successor to one of the best games in history - System Shock, partly from the same creators. The expectations went through the roof, raving reviews, promo lines like System Shock on steroids, you get the idea. But when I started playing this I was like What??? What is this console shooter crap? Yes, the location is nice and I always love the retro flavor, but other than that the entire thing was a huge disappointment for me. From visuals and engine, to enemies and game mechanics, disappointment was huge with this one. 5/10 Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Pretty standard FPS fare, little more than a watered-down (pun intended) System Shock 2, a visually outstanding but with an all too familiar story (Atlas is Polito, Fontaine is Shodan) and gameplay (security stations, turrets, cameras, Vita Chambers Quantum Bio Reconstruction Machines, etc.) overrated and over-hyped, but a decent shooter; nothing more.
  3. Apr 9, 2015
    A mediocre rail shooter with excellect graphics. Any comparisons to Deus Ex 1 or Deus Ex Human Revolution are way out of place. In Bioshock the levels are linear, and enemies appear at scripted events, sometimes from behind (hello, Doom 3). In Deus Ex (or Hitman before Absolution) you could plan different approaches to a level, use different tactics. Here you just follow the next waypoint.A mediocre rail shooter with excellect graphics. Any comparisons to Deus Ex 1 or Deus Ex Human Revolution are way out of place. In Bioshock the levels are linear, and enemies appear at scripted events, sometimes from behind (hello, Doom 3). In Deus Ex (or Hitman before Absolution) you could plan different approaches to a level, use different tactics. Here you just follow the next waypoint. And even if at some point you go back thru the places you've already cleared these places will again be full of enemies, or new ones will break thru a wall. You pick a shotgun - and hello Serious Sam: the screen goes black, and enemies run to you from the darkness from all directions. Hacking electronic devices is all about solving increasingly difficult "water pipes" puzzles which get annoying pretty fast. Also, levels are littered with trash and objects with which you can't interact. This makes spotting enemies, moving and finding loot difficult and doesn't make a more interesting game. Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2015
    This game is hard to judge. It starts of pretty good with an interesting premise, world and game mechanics, but ultimately, it does not deliver, as it jumps to the levels of tediousness and mediocrity in all of these areas.

Premise: The story is told in a series of diaries that you have to find while exploring Rapture. It's pretty basic and most of the things you're gonna hear are not

Premise:
    The story is told in a series of diaries that you have to find while exploring Rapture. It's pretty basic and most of the things you're gonna hear are not important. Also, it's annoying that there's a diary around every corner, so you have to stop everywhere and listen to those tracks, it breaks the flow of the game play. In Deus Ex, I did not mind stopping at each and every computer and hacking everything because it was fun and you were rewarded with codes etc., here it's just redundant and boring.

World:
    To be honest, I am no sucker for underwater towns, so while I can appreciate the art direction and such, it is hard not to see that all areas are fairly similar and all of the enemies are just light variations, so you'll be going through the levels killing the same enemies over and over again.

The levels tend to be quite large and give you some room to explore which is something I like about this game, but ultimately ... there is not much to find. Yeah, you can find another Plasmid or Tonic here and there, but you'll find so many of these that they do not feel like unique upgrades. You'll have full equips and tons of spare ones that you're never going to use. Wouldn't it be better to have 5 actually usable ones that can be used all the time rather than having 15 or such out of which more than half is useless?

Game mechanics:
    The Little Sisters mechanic can get pretty annoying, as sometimes you have to wait a long time for them to appear and if they see you, they can climb back into the holes and you have to repeat the process over and over again which is not fun. Also, the choice is meaningless as saving the girls gives you much better stuff overall so there is not point in killing them.

Another problem is that in spite of having a large choice of ways to deal with enemies, using your weapons is a much more better choice rather than awkwardly trying to zap enemies (or using plasmids in general). Weapons are sure to kill. Especially your wrench. I practically use the wrench all the time and leave the guns for rare causes when wrench is not enough. The game even supports this style of game play by giving you wrench upgrades and limiting the ammo you can get. So, you'll be using a few weapons throughout the whole game and even though you have tons of other options to choose from, you will not use them, there is no reason to do so.

The hacking is quite nice, but gets tedious later on and sometimes the generated puzzle cannot be solved. Some more testing would have been nice.

What I actually like, though, is the fact that you can take photos of enemies to analyze them and get bonuses for doing so. It's fun trying to take photos, even though the enemies all look so similar that you can never be sure which you've already photographed.

Final verdict:
    Let's sum this up, this game tries to come up with a lot of ideas, such as unique plasmids, photography etc., but never goes anywhere with them. That means that the initial feeling of enthusiasm towards this game disappears and you're left with a game that's full of: walking through similar areas, fighting the same enemies over and over again and using like 3 weapons through the whole course of the game.
    Unfortunately, I got bored in like 1/3 through the game already, but I kept playing and that meant that all the faults and boredom became even more tedious. Right now, I've finished 50% of the game and I haven't had much fun with this.

I'll probably finish this game, but I highly doubt that my rating is gonna change, I'll update this review in case it does, though. 6/10

Edit: Okay, I beat the game.
    There was another part that I liked, Fort Frolic. The penultimate level was also quite interesting, because you had to work with Little Sisters, but it dragged on for way too long, because they walk too slow.
    The ending video is nice.

However, I have become so strong with my wrench that not even Big Daddies could damage me at this point with the Freeze upgrade + Health recovery, so the rest of the game was super easy. No interesting bosses, no interesting enemies, no interesting upgrades (only improved versions of the ones you have making the older one quite useless) ...

I didn't like the "plot twist" with Atlas and the areas revolving him, as it was obvious from the beginning that he was a bad guy. Would've been more interesting if they did something different.

The final boss was simply lame, I wrenched him in like 20 seconds.

So, in the end, it's still a decent game, but I am not changing my score of 6/10.
    Hopefully, Bioshock 2 will be better.
  5. Apr 2, 2013
    Very good game and spiritual successor of system shock. Story and graphics style is awesome. Combat is fun thanks to the plasmids. Gameplay is something between System Shock 2 and Doom 3.
  6. Jan 31, 2017
    All the good goes to the environment, from world design to visuals to sound to atmosphere… This is truly a beautiful piece, possibly the best 3D world of its time. I enjoyed a lot of places, the museum, the little sisters room, the theater, the variety of posters…

The gameplay, on the other hand, is average, slightly boring even. I found the energy to progress only by playing 1 level per session. Nothing bad, really, but rather repetitive and tactically limited. Pretty much all you need is the fake target power and a wrench. Your inventory will then be full all along and almost useless. It's also pretty easy, and I would have played on the hardest mode for the challenge, except that the constant respawns in standard mode are annoying enough already and I don't want more of this kind of aggro. There are a couple of amusing fights, though.
  7. May 12, 2013
    If you have ever played System Shock 2, you'll immediately notice the sumularities. From how plasmids are in a way exactly the same as the psionic powers, to the wrench as a melee weapon. It could have been equally good, if not better, but its recycled feeling and unprecise gunplay mechanics, it's a dragged down experience that easily makes for one of the most over rated games in history.
  8. May 30, 2012
    Pros: Great story, relatively fun gameplay. Cons: Extremely easy, linear, simple. The gameplay itself is a linear FPS with few depth, and you get no penalty for dying. Overrated, but the game is still fun.
  9. Nov 22, 2015
    The beginning ist really great: atmosfere, the background, philosophy. But after 2-3 hours the game becomes average and you begin to see the weak sides of this game: you are immortal, bad controlling, few enemies, childish dialogues. there are much better shooter out there. But the end is a masterpiece of videogames: DO THE GOOD side and rescue the sisters, the end sequence is brilliant.
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

11. Jun 21, 2016
    A very atmospheric first person shooter with an interesting story ,

A very atmospheric first person shooter with an interesting story ,

In game you are put in the shoes of a airplane crash survivor who finds himself in the middle of the ocean. Only to discover an entrence to an underwater city called Rapture. The city once glorious is now falling apart. It also is overrun by twisted for a lack of a better word mutants. You are led by a voice on the radio following his advice in a hope to escape the city without dying. In order to do that you use a wide array of weapons with aid from Adam - a genetic rewriting fluid that essentially gives you magic powers.

What I liked about the game. Definitely the setting - Rapture is extremely well designed with a very unique and constant atmospehre which holds out through the whole game. The enemy design is interesting and fits the setting. All locations, missions and progress make sense and push the story ever forward. Ammo is scarce - you value each shot and try to save every bullet as much as you can - which adds to the atmosphere. The big daddy's are pretty scary and first encounter with them is really unforgeable.

What I didn't like was definitely the combat design. Enemies run around what feels like frantically around and are extremely hard to hit. What others might consider a plus it felt more annoying than anything else. Also all of them seem pretty tanky so you need to put a lot of bullets to put them down. Another thing I disliked was the camera mechanic - having to take pictures of enemies to learn their weaknesses might be a good idea but in a game where stealth is next to not existent having to take pictures of enemies in the middle of gunfight is a bit silly.

Overall I really did enjoy the game and can recommend it mostly for the ambience and atmosphere it comes with.
  12. Oct 10, 2011
    I usually avoid deep story driven games because my time is limited, and my memory is poor. Bioshock is a game that was suggested to me by a few friends, and had received critical praise, so I finally gave in. After an initial disaster with the Telekinesis plasmid almost made me quit, I stuck through the gameâ
  13. Sep 3, 2015
    When I first tried to play Bioshock it wont stop acting like a dole bludger, no matter what the game refused to work.
    And the steam overlay would not work for this game.
    When I finally got it to work the story is interesting with a sense of mystery and grabs you at first which is told uniquely by finding audio diaries and the unique, amazing, eerie underwater city atmosphere. But that
    And the steam overlay would not work for this game.

But that wears off after 10 hours of gameplay it becomes boring, repetitive, linear with set goals you have to follow to be able to progress and same repetitive enemies of splicers, Big Daddies, turrets and bots.

I found the end bit the most entertaining.

The game is also buggy and suffers from occasional screen freezing.
    An overrated, overhyped rather boring fps I don't reccomend wasting your time on this. It's not a terrible game, but it's not good either.

5/10 for the graphics/art unique atmosphere
  14. Sep 26, 2016
    When I got to Ryan, I thought, this game is actually really good ; The mechanics, the design, all great. After a while I couldn't stand the hacking anymore, which forced me to ignore it, which forced me die more than I should have. The FOV in this game is criminal, and the challenge essentially comes from the communion of a retarded field of view and a constant stream of aggression fromWhen I got to Ryan, I thought, this game is actually really good ; The mechanics, the design, all great. After a while I couldn't stand the hacking anymore, which forced me to ignore it, which forced me die more than I should have. The FOV in this game is criminal, and the challenge essentially comes from the communion of a retarded field of view and a constant stream of aggression from the game. The pacing of the story is also all over the place. There is actually almost no plot development until you reach Ryan, which is 80% into the game. Perhaps more generally, the game just became more and more repetitive as the developer failed to create new, refreshing, dare I say, fun situation for the player to deal with. The game went from thoughtful and satisfying in its first half to chaotic and frustrating in its second half. The story and lore is interesting, but how can it be considered a masterpiece, is one of the great mysteries of the gaming world ; Then again, Infinite is considered great, even though it doesn't even have any of the redeeming qualities of Bioshock, as if the developer had no idea what were Bioshock's strength in the first place ; Talking about a lack of talent there. It's a frustrating state of affair, because these mechanics deserved to be served and delivered through better level design and pacing. Expand
  15. Jun 26, 2015
    - Good: Mood/Atmosphere, Art Direction, Audio
    - Mixed: Gameplay, Story, Writing, Setting
    - Bad: ---

Overrated game in my honest opinion, i rushed this game at the end because i was bored.
  16. Aug 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't get me wrong I liked this game. The Good: The Story was well done the atmosphere was good as well. Now for the bad: The ending(s) were terrible the gameplay got kinda repetitive half-way through. Overall i recommend it, but I think bioshock infinite was the best of the series. Expand
  17. Dec 13, 2017
    Great ideas, bad execution. 7/10

Great ideas, bad execution. 7/10

The concept and art style of the game are great, but the actual gameplay is pretty bad. I'm not just saying that because it's 2017 and I'm unfairly judging a 10 year old game; I had these same complaints when Bioshock came out. The combat is horribly unbalanced and poorly thought out. The wrench and the tommy gun are probably the only weapons that work well and have appropriate levels of ammunition. It feels like the designers originally wanted the game to be survival horror, but they also wanted the game to be fun, so they went half way and created a game that is neither scary nor fun. It always feels like there is a shortage of resources that forces the player to switch back and forth between weapons and plasmids, but the shortage leads to a feeling of anger and frustration.

Pistol:
    Maximum pistol ammo is 48 bullets, but it can easily take 15 bullets to kill enemies later in the game, and that's with all of the pistol upgrades and playing on normal difficulty. If the enemies are going to be bullet sponges, I should be carrying 200 bullets. Is the game supposed to be survival horror where I'm sneaking around due to a lack of bullets, or is it supposed to be a fun game where I shoot things? The game has no sneaking and it has no bullets, so I get the worst of both worlds.

Shotgun:
    Bioshock has the worst shotgun in any shooter I have ever played. Its effective range is a couple yards even though it fires 00 buckshot. In real life, buckshot's effective range is about 50-100 yards. It should be possible to shoot things across the room and have them die in a few shots. The original Doom shotgun and the Duke Nukem 3D shotgun are a lot closer to how a shotgun should work. Bioshock is a bit more like Doom 3 - the shotgun is useless. In addition to doing no damage and having no range, it has a 4 round magazine. It might be more effective to swing the shotgun like a baseball bat.

Camera:
    The inclusion of a camera for research is just mind boggling. Here's how this plays out: You'll buy 100 camera ammo then take about 5 pictures per encounter for every enemy you encounter. Just run up to them and keep clicking the mouse button until it says it didn't take a picture because the score was too low. After seeing maybe 5 of each monster type, you'll have every monster type maxed out. Then you'll never use the camera again. What was the point of including this in the game? It's just mindless busy work.

Grenades:
    The grenade launcher is awesome, but the ammo limits are stupid. You get a max of 6 of each type, and it takes about 6 grenades to kill a big daddy on normal difficulty. Since every other weapon in the game is basically useless against a big daddy, this means you'll carry grenades just for the sake of killing big daddies. It's like the game is mocking the player. We get this amazing weapon to carry around, but we can't use it on anything because that ammo is reserved for killing one specific enemy type.

Chemical Thrower:
    This is another one of those really bizarre design choices. The chemical thrower can do all 3 types of elemental damage - fire, cold, electricity. The cold and electricity essentially do no damage, so those act very similar to the plasmid powers. This means you would be expected to freeze an enemy with the thrower and then switch to a different weapon to inflict damage. This is a horrendous idea. Switching back and forth between guns and plasmids is easy because it just involves right clicking. Switching back and forth between guns is a lot more involved because it involves hitting different numbers on a keyboard, and people playing on console would probably switch weapons using the D pad. It's a lot clumsier than clicking a single button to toggle back and forth. The chemical thrower seems like an idea that would work if it were possible to assign it as a plasmid power instead of a gun. Since that isn't possible, you'll probably just resort to using the plasmid versions of elemental damage and not using the chem thrower at any point in the game.

Enemies:
    Bioshock is one of those games where enemies blend into the background very easily. I find myself using the fire plasmid just because it marks targets effectively. I can always see an enemy that is on fire.

The damage in the game is so incredibly broken that I'm certain this is the reason the game gives free respawns when you die. On normal difficulty, 2 shots from a big daddy rivet gun will kill you, and there's no way to dodge them other than line of sight.This means you will die all the time. If one of your hacked devices fires a stray bullet that hits a big daddy, you will die in a few seconds unless you are already behind cover. Rather than fix the stupid amount of damage done by enemies, the game just gives the player a free respawn with no loss of equipment or ammo. They know players would be punching their monitors if the game did a game over screen every time that happened.
  18. Dec 9, 2012
    The story and setting are alright and when I first reviewed it here (said review since disappeared) I gave it an 8.

With time I've realised how dull and repetitive this game is (and also how much it depends on fetch quests) so I'm dropping it to a 4.
  19. Feb 22, 2015
    While Rapture is a marvelous backdrop that creates a great critique of Ayn Rand's Objectivism, the storyline is a bit shallow towards the end. The narrative builds up to a memorable plot twist, though the ending feels underwhelming. No meaningful plot points or themes are introduced after the twist, limiting the game to a series of empty shootouts leading to an uninspired final boss fight.While Rapture is a marvelous backdrop that creates a great critique of Ayn Rand's Objectivism, the storyline is a bit shallow towards the end. The narrative builds up to a memorable plot twist, though the ending feels underwhelming. No meaningful plot points or themes are introduced after the twist, limiting the game to a series of empty shootouts leading to an uninspired final boss fight. The story ends with a cliched double ending that’s determined by the moral decisions you have made in the game, though they are very black and white. Both endings are very expected and feel a bit too resolved.
    And though the gameplay mechanics were undoubtadly a blast (especially the plasmids!), the game was way too generous with revivals. You can never die/recieve a gameover in this game regardless of the difficulty. Whenever your character loses health, they are revived at a nearby Vita-Chamber. Because enemies retained the damage you inflicted on them, you can lose health as many times as you desire and still kill the enemies. With this in mind, I was able to kill the games strongest enemies by repeatedly whacking them with a wrench. Without any penalty for death, I lost my initial fears of the ominous environments and never felt pushed to play the game skillfuly. It broke the experience for me.
  20. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For its' time Bioshock must have been the best thing ever since sliced bread, however in a perspective of today, which was when I finished the game, the game feels as if the developers were too lazy to do some minor changes for the better. Ragdolls are not falling realisticly it's like watching a movie with 10 FPS, slowmotion and laggish like. But that isn't anything compared to the crashes that occur once in a while. Whenever the game crashes, then all the settings you changed will be reset to default, which I was very frustrated about. The gameplay was not the best, but that wasn't the meaning of the game, so that didn't bother me that much, it was okay and there are a lot of oppurtunities to deal with enemies. The graphics isn't something I will critize too much, it was decent nothing more than I was expecting. However the story was the bright point of the game, it was exciting and I really fell in love with it. Though I was so dissapointed in the ending, the game simply ends bad, if you just harvest 1 little sister. Through the whole game I made a mistake and harvested one of those girls and rest of them I rescued. How can I bring brutality when I saved all of them? The ending of the game simply can't make me give this game an earned 8, but a 5. I hope next game in the franchise will bring some more joy to me. Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2010
    I'm glad I bought this for only $5 on Steam. Any more than that and I would have felt ripped off. Great graphics, theme, setting and all but the game was just too repetitive and boring. It reminded me of an old arcade game but with a bit more depth added to it. Lame puzzles, the same enemies over and over, linear etc...

Meh...
  22. Dec 26, 2015
    This is a game I was never able to truly get into, perhaps it's because I started off with BioShock Infinite. However it's a very good game, from what I've seen and the little I did play. Very cinematic for an FPS game. Sorry can't really give much more of a review - I just wanted to clean out my old review since it was pretty stupid.
  23. Oct 7, 2013
    BioShock does a great job of atmosphere. The environments, music, story and art style combine to create the fantastic underwater city of Rapture. There are some tense moments against some well designed enemies as you progress through this "utopia" as it's falling apart. The mechanics are where the game loses some of its shine. The weapons and plasmids while interesting aren't wellBioShock does a great job of atmosphere. The environments, music, story and art style combine to create the fantastic underwater city of Rapture. There are some tense moments against some well designed enemies as you progress through this "utopia" as it's falling apart. The mechanics are where the game loses some of its shine. The weapons and plasmids while interesting aren't well balanced. It seemed to force playing enemies a certain way. Beating ranged big daddies with certain weapons and plasmids was almost impossible while others almost made it too easy. The customization with buffs and the invention mechanics are deep but don't feel gameplay changing. If you can get used to the mechanics BioShock has a lot to offer. Expand
  24. Jul 30, 2012
    After a while it gets repetitive and the Story hasnt really made me play it through, all the walking through already visited places annoyed the **** out of me, and the graphics weren't that good, if you actually played it on your PC
  25. Oct 14, 2012
    Lo cierto es que estoy algo decepcionado con el juego. Me esperaba un Half-Life 2 submarino y me he encontrado con un juego correcto.
    El juego es tremendamente repetitivo y las misiones se reducen a un "ve a tal sitio y coge tal objeto o mata a tal tipo" , los combates estan bastante mejor gracias a los plásmidos pero todo el rollo de mejorarlos, cambiarlos o comprar equipamiento es demasiado engorroso con 8000 máquinas diferentes cada una para una función.
    La historia es interesante y mejora en el final del juego pero tampoco me ha entusiasmado.
    Gráficamente el motor es de sobra conocido por lo que tendremos buenos efectos de luz y personajes bien modelados.
    En definitiva un buen diseño y una gran ambientación pero demasiado repetitivo.
    GRAFICOS: 9 SONIDO: 8 JUGABILIDAD: 6,5 DURACION: 7
  26. Oct 25, 2016
    The story is very interesting, but the environment is too dark to me, landscapes feel too repetitive. Personally I don't like shooters too much, although I have to admit the devs made a good effort to keep the gameplay fresh with all of those magical powers.
  27. Nov 9, 2011
    Honestly didn't get the hype about this game. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the story and the setting but the gameplay and overall experience just didn't cut it for me. I didn't think it was bad, far from it, but it's nowhere near as good as the critics make it out to be.The ending is especially bad.
  28. Sep 14, 2011
    I actually found this game quite boring. Its starts out really well, with a nice story to set the mood, but the further you get into it, the whole magic aspect kills the gameplay. If you like that kind of shooters, i can understand the score, but i ended up playing it solely for the story.
  29. May 11, 2013
    Maybe it's because I over-hyped this game in my mind, or maybe it's because I waited to long to pick this up, but I did not have fun with this game. The levels look exactly the same, and it's incredibly cramped. There's not much strategy when it comes to combat, and the enemies look identical to one another. The hacking system is repetitive, and the harder hacking levels are literallyMaybe it's because I over-hyped this game in my mind, or maybe it's because I waited to long to pick this up, but I did not have fun with this game. The levels look exactly the same, and it's incredibly cramped. There's not much strategy when it comes to combat, and the enemies look identical to one another. The hacking system is repetitive, and the harder hacking levels are literally impossible (as they allow no path) unless you have an item. The storytelling and it's method appreciated, and the details in the music/fx are stellar, but that's all the compliments I can honestly give this game. Expand
  30. Jul 14, 2011
    I found Bioshock very entertaining to some point. They should've done way more with the amazing water effects they had, but I guess Bioshock 2 made up for that part.

After Fort Frolic, for me, the game fell apart and became boring, until the plot twist of course. But after Sander Cohen's part, the game became extremely repetitive and boring, even when playing on hardest difficulty.

1. A dark and astonishing masterpiece...I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. BioShock has five. [Sept 2007, p.66]
    The hours spent playing this masterpiece were the perfect encapsulation of why videogaming is such a favourite waste of time for so many of us. Thrilling, terrifying, moving, confusing, amusing, compelling, and very very dark. BioShock isn't simply the sign of gaming realising its true cinematic potential, but one where a game straddles so many entertainment art forms so expertly that it's the best demonstration yet how flexible this medium can be. It's no longer just another shooter wrapped up in a pretty game engine, but a story that exists and unfolds inside the most convincing and elaborate and artistic game world ever conceived.
    There is art here, despite what many would say isn't possible with games, from Roger Ebert to game designers like Hideo Kojima... BioShock stands as a monolithic example of the convergence of entertaining gameplay and an irresistibly sinister, engrossing storyline that encompasses a host of multifaceted characters. This is an essential gaming experience.