• Publisher: gamigo
  • Release Date: Jul 13, 2011
5.9

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Currently has horrible optimisation and lacks MANY features, but if we wait we wait this may turn out to be an MMO worth playing.
  2. May 25, 2012
    Such a shame. When I saw the trailers the game looked awesome. And almost everything in the trailers came true.

But, it was different then expected. It was a mass grind. You couldn't do anything except grinding. The universe was dead, there was almost no way to trade. You couldn't gain recourse on any other way then grinding. There where only sectors where you could warp to, so you
    couldn't fly freely from one sector to the other. Even PvP was worthless. It doesn't reward to PvP at all. Ohh did I already told you that the story line is incomplete? It stops right after you chose your faction. And the worst of all: They didn't listen to the community. They keep going on their own idea's that ruin the game. Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2011
    This game is a real shame because underneath a great game is a bug filled mess. Then to top it off the fail rate of crafting is way over the top which forces you to buy with real money in game "KK's" which is very expensive. Plan on spending $40 for the basic in crafting items which will last only a couple of days. You have a green bar in game called "concentration". This bar is filled once a day,160 points,after you use up your concentration you do not gain xp and then you are forced to buy KK's to fill your bar to even play the game. Your concentration bar lasts for about 2 hours.

Then they have a new beta they have allowed players to join,"Episode 2" where everything in the game has been completely nerfed and failer rates on crafting has been pushed even higher. Plan on spending hundreds of dollars to even be able to compete in this game.

I've never seen a micro transaction game that is so greedy. I've never seen a game where you can spend $40 on items that don't even work.

How this game got high reviews is beyond my comprehension.

1. Jan 16, 2012
    Black Prophecy is an interesting take on how flying/space combat can and should happen. However, its lack of content and specifically Endgame creates a short appeal for the modern player. The lack of an economy creates a one-dimensional gameplay experience. I would sincerely like to see this game introduce a universe wide resource system and a multitude of ships and weaponry that required a similar crafting system to many of the modern games. By introducing more group quests we would see a surge in the social atmosphere, and see Black Prophecy be more than the mediocre experience it is now.
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    Beautiful graphics and fantastic controls are wasted due to a lack of content and an abundance of bugs. [Dec 2011, p.72]
  3. Aug 11, 2011
    Currently one of the best looking free-to-play MMOGs out there and it's a perfect game for picking up and playing when you've got a bit of time to kill and fancy a bit of, well, killing.