4.7

1. Jul 2, 2011
    I was looking for a good jet fighter game that: 1) would run on my slow video card. 2) didn't require an actual pilot's license to play. 3) didn't force an auto-aim or auto-fly-path. This game met those basic needs. The flying/firing system was difficult to get used to, but after some time it became more natural. You'll find yourself whipping/looping around and targeting the enemyI was looking for a good jet fighter game that: 1) would run on my slow video card. 2) didn't require an actual pilot's license to play. 3) didn't force an auto-aim or auto-fly-path. This game met those basic needs. The flying/firing system was difficult to get used to, but after some time it became more natural. You'll find yourself whipping/looping around and targeting the enemy precisely with some practice. Then, its very satisfying when you succeed, especially when its a close call or with a daring maneuver. This is an older game now, so I wasn't expecting much, yet I still had a lot of fun playing it. Expand
  2. maeearn
    Mar 16, 2009
    A great fighter plane expeirence.Only downside are the graphics of the water and ships.To the comments left by Arno n.,I recently purchased the logitech exreme 3d pro for this game and think it works great (learn to set up your joystick correctly before commenting or maybe your just shit at using it).
  3. ArnoN.
    Jan 9, 2008
    A flying game that can't properly recognize a common joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) even after two patches? But why would I want to fly with an analog axis if I can have a digital one! A nice example for failure in controls and support, even if the rest looked ok so far.
  4. VALD.
    Jan 3, 2007
    The missions are immersive and replay is a lot of fun.
  5. RobertB.
    Jun 6, 2006
    It was fun for the first few missions, but none had any real innovation and some, especially the desert mission, were just aggravating. After a while I found myself only playing it for the graphics and for the sake of completing it. The online play is 'meh', at best.
  6. FlymanS.
    May 20, 2006
    Was very very unhappy that my joystick would not work and even after a patch was issued that was supose to fix and fell short on that as well.
  7. AceFly
    May 20, 2006
    OUCH the only thing Blazing is the whole in your wallet after getting this game, try the demo first and you will see just how bad it can be.
  8. HAWK33Bird
    May 20, 2006
    Sad day for flight sims, this one is a bomb and the bomb was a dud.
  9. JamesDavis
    May 20, 2006
    I got this game over 3 months ago and I still can't play it because it doesn't see my 5 differant joysticks properly and the patch did not a thing to fix the problem STAY AWAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS LOOSER OF A GAME.. Save your money for a good flight simulator
  10. ScottD.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Fun, awesome graphics. Great draw distance and detail-frame rate keeps up pretty well with action. An overall great game.

Flying through the historical battles are fun the first time, but after you complete the game you'll feel more of a sense of relief than elation because, without any real story, the game lacks emotional appeal.
  2. BA is best played online, but the single player mode can be fun for awhile; it may not capture everyones attention span for the entire 20 missions.
  3. As we weaved through wave after wave of enemies, downing them wholesale, we couldn't help but wish there had been a replay feature included with the game. Still, for the raw, explosive fury of aerial battle, you can accept no substitute for Blazing Angels.