Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon PC

7.7

1. EricB.
    May 24, 2004
    I have the french version and believe it or not: This game is better than the original "Blitzkrieg". Great stuff.
  2. LyleD.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Best game ever.
  3. KurtP.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Very good oldstyle RTS.
  4. TomC.
    Sep 6, 2004
    Really strategic really tactic.
  5. MLink
    Jul 16, 2004
    Awesome WWII RTS experience. A must have!
  6. BobL.
    Dec 19, 2006
    I love this game. At first, I didn't like it, because I was playing it on an older comp that could barely support it. But one day, when my internet was acting up and BF2142 wouldn't work online, I pulled it out, (this is on my new comp) installed it, and played it. I am hooked. Go counter-battery fire!

1. One issue with Burning Horizon is the lack of online multiplayer. This severely limits the replay value of the game since once you have properly scouted a map and learned how to deal with a scenario there seems to be no reason to play it again. This is a crying shame as some of the greatest fun I had with the original was the online team combat.
  2. PC Gamer
    Aside from its supply tedium (and lack of multiplay), the game's horribly wonky pathfinding AI remains the ultimate knock against an otherwise great title. [Sept 2004, p.61]
  3. Don't expect a "StarCraft"-style fragfest either because this is more of a thinking man's RTS, where reconnaissance and artillery placement is key.