7.4

1. Jan 7, 2013
    Much better than the previous DLC. While the Captain Scarlett DLC had the pirate theme, the Campaign of Carnage sort of makes up its own theme, and does it well. I thought the character of Mr. Torgue was both genius and downright hilarious, which added a lot more to the DLC than I thought before playing it. Please, buy this DLC. You won't regret it.
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    I consider Mr. Torgue's "A cappella" guitar solo wail, performed in honor of my beating the final boss and accompanying a literal explosion of loot raining down on me to be one of the greatest moments in videogaming history.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    I liked this DLC a lot(definitely better than the 1st one). The characters were a lot of fun and Torgue especially my god! Story fairly straight forward, the rewards nothing special at least from and what I 've seen from some other people, but the raid boss has amazing rewards! A definite buy not so much for the story but for the laughs(there are lots) and the loot!
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    Buy this DLC...NOW! Seriously, getting to hear Mr. Torgue (voiced by Hercule/Mr Satan from DBZ) shouting and swearing and air guitaring with his mouth alone was worth the cost of a season pass! If you liked BL2 at all you need to get this...if you are a badass that is!
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    This DLC is not another Moxxi's Underdome Riot. TCoC is what Moxxi could have been if it had an actual storyline. There are a lot of huge areas added with different enemies, and it continues the weird, over the top action that Borderlands is famous for. TCoC adds Torgue currency that you can buy powerful (explosive) weaponry with, and is also quite challenging. That being said, thereThis DLC is not another Moxxi's Underdome Riot. TCoC is what Moxxi could have been if it had an actual storyline. There are a lot of huge areas added with different enemies, and it continues the weird, over the top action that Borderlands is famous for. TCoC adds Torgue currency that you can buy powerful (explosive) weaponry with, and is also quite challenging. That being said, there are some issues. In terms of bugs, enemies sometimes come out of their huts and just stand there, one of the bosses got stuck in the floor, and there are some exploitable areas where enemies ignore you if you stand in them. Catch-a-Ride systems are a little *too* spread out. Despite this, it's still a solid DLC. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2015
    While the campaign is somewhat flat, what brings this entire DLC above most others is the character of Torgue and his killer dialogue! Many a time i was laughing out loud so hilareous were his commentaries! I had rediculous fun with this - this is my number 2 favorite of all the expansions (number one being Tiny Tina's Adventure) :) recommend to all BL2 Fans!
  7. Jun 22, 2016
    My personal favorite add-on to Borderlands 2 aesthetically, Campaign of Carnage injected an overdose of hard rock into a setting that was already pretty hard. Mr. Torgue is absolutely hilarious to listen to, and his breakout popularity shows in his recurring appearances in later add-ons and in the Pre-Sequel. In gameplay terms, Campaign of Carnage is has less ground to cover then Pirate'sMy personal favorite add-on to Borderlands 2 aesthetically, Campaign of Carnage injected an overdose of hard rock into a setting that was already pretty hard. Mr. Torgue is absolutely hilarious to listen to, and his breakout popularity shows in his recurring appearances in later add-ons and in the Pre-Sequel. In gameplay terms, Campaign of Carnage is has less ground to cover then Pirate's Booty, with a greater focus on arena battles, timed challenges and Torgue-brand guns, with special Torgue vending machines that allow you to purchase Torgue legendaries more easily. There is some driving, and even a vehicular boss fight, though its tucked away in a side quest. There's few new enemies aside from the bosses however, being Torgue-themed reskins of the existing bandit enemies. Expand

1. PC Gamer UK
    Mar 3, 2013
    If you haven't completed [the main game] yet, though, there's no real reason to pay for this. [March 2013, p.111]
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    The trip to Badass Crater of Badassitude is an excellent endeavor for all fans of the original game, for the lovers of unique atmosphere, crazy characters, dark humor and carnage in the best possible way. The second Borderlands 2 DLC is a better one than Captain Scarlett. Both expansions are a good investment for fans of the series, but in a direct confrontation, the crazy and uncompromising Mr. Torgue wins. I want more! Let's hope the upcoming two add-ons are equally good.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    An expansion that manifests Gearbox as the masters of DLC. Mr Tourge is a character you love to hate and the campaign is of near perfect length and filled with all the main games strengths and more.