6.1

1. Jan 16, 2013
    All things considered, it isn't bad. However, it falls more within the purview of disappointment. There are indeed some sidequests to keep you busy (not a terrible lot of them though), but the main story itself is rather short (rather jarring compared to the other two DLCs, which are still kind of short when taking sidequests out of consideration). I certainly didn't expect anotherAll things considered, it isn't bad. However, it falls more within the purview of disappointment. There are indeed some sidequests to keep you busy (not a terrible lot of them though), but the main story itself is rather short (rather jarring compared to the other two DLCs, which are still kind of short when taking sidequests out of consideration). I certainly didn't expect another General Knoxx, but as of yet, this is the weakest of the three DLCs in Borderlands 2. I'm hoping that the fourth DLC would be substantially better, and possibly even cover the Hyperion space station obstructing the moon. Expand
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    Almost completed it. Basically if you dig the past DLC's this one is worth playing. Is it better? Nope. It's fairly short, the characters and humor aren't as good as past entries. Still it's fun while it lasts. That being said, some things you should know. As others have stated previously, this DLC is difficult. I'd say be at level 35 at least before heading in. I can see some people rageAlmost completed it. Basically if you dig the past DLC's this one is worth playing. Is it better? Nope. It's fairly short, the characters and humor aren't as good as past entries. Still it's fun while it lasts. That being said, some things you should know. As others have stated previously, this DLC is difficult. I'd say be at level 35 at least before heading in. I can see some people rage quitting after being killed by a witch doctor for the umpteenth time. On the positive side to that I found I used the rocket launcher and shotgun a TON more than any other previous entry which was kinda "new" for me. Also used "slag" weaponry/grenades ALOT more. Another irksome thing was having completed a side quest having to go through waves of re-spawned enemies in an already cleared area just to complete it! It didn't bother me alot but others may find it unacceptable.

Aergus itself is a tad barren with not a ton of different areas//buildings to check out, but again not that big a deal for me.

Loot drops are pretty consistent with other entries.

NOTE!
    I played this in TVH mode starting at level 38, so the "normal" mode may differ a bit but probably not much.

All in all a decent DLC worth a go, but I feel is better suited to more hardcore players. Casual fans may pass and shouldn't feel like they missed much.

Did I mention to have a rocket launcher and grenades fully stocked at all times?
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    This DLC is a little hard to review, but it boils down to balance. Want to take in a lower level toon? I took in a level 34 Mechromancer and was repeatedly killed by the now infamous Witch Doctor. The goons aren't even all that easy, but are manageable on their own. Add in one Witch Doctor, and be prepared for second winds and respawns. However, roll in with a higher level toon (I took inThis DLC is a little hard to review, but it boils down to balance. Want to take in a lower level toon? I took in a level 34 Mechromancer and was repeatedly killed by the now infamous Witch Doctor. The goons aren't even all that easy, but are manageable on their own. Add in one Witch Doctor, and be prepared for second winds and respawns. However, roll in with a higher level toon (I took in a lvl 50 Berzerker with legendary weapons) and had no problems whatsoever. Cakewalk even. So balance right off the bat is screwey. I would rather go through this DLC with my mid level Mechromancer to work towards getting that toon to lvl 50. But it seems infuriating to the point of not being worth it. For the little time I've spent with the rest of the DLC, Hammerlock is an OK character, but isn't as well suited as a main focus for DLC as he just isn't quite as engaging or funny. All in all, this season pass seems like a great big letdown. I played through Captain Scarlette (which I liked, good balance and such but no new gear worth getting). I played through Torgue, but I didn't care much for it. Torgue tokens were a good idea, but the weapons were lackluster. This seems like the weakest DLC of the three. They seem to keep getting worse. I'm almost afraid to see what's coming out as the 4th DLC from the season pass. If Gearbox has better content up their sleeves, they are taking their sweet time. Hopefully we get one reaaaallly solid last DLC for the 4th DLC in the season pass. Otherwise, I'm going to have a hard time spending extra money on more DLC outside of this season pass as it's slowly been leaving a sour taste in my mouth with each new release. Expand
  4. Jan 16, 2013
    You'd think with the title this DLC would have you interacting quite a bit with Sir Hammerlock, but not really. He's just a quest giver, and that's all this really is, just a collection of fetchquests for more XP/loot. If you're already max level, there is literally no reason to come here. Like some other reviewers mentioned, enemies are bullet sponges and many possess one-hit-killYou'd think with the title this DLC would have you interacting quite a bit with Sir Hammerlock, but not really. He's just a quest giver, and that's all this really is, just a collection of fetchquests for more XP/loot. If you're already max level, there is literally no reason to come here. Like some other reviewers mentioned, enemies are bullet sponges and many possess one-hit-kill moves to add "challenge", but really all they add is frustration. You're safe giving this one a pass. Expand
  5. Jan 19, 2013
    Pretty weak, honestly. The new vehicle is just annoying to use, the witch doctors are resistant to too many attacks that they're annoying to fight, and the number of enemies that have one hit kills makes fighting everything annoying.

It seems like they're rushing these things out too quickly, the quality is slipping in a hurry.
  6. Jan 23, 2013
    Fairly short main story, some side quests to keep you busy. I went in with a level 50 character and end game gear and i didnt have much of a problem so i cant talk a lot about the difficulty though i can see how some enemies can be fairly annoying for lower level characters. Dissapointing overall I expected a lot more from this DLC, it had a lot of potential!
  7. Nov 22, 2015
    Not bad, not bad. My favorite DLC is Tiny Tina's Fantasy Adventure (or whateva its called). But this one is nice as well. It does get a little bit boring and the main quest doesnt feel grandiose enough - something that u would expect from Sir Hammerlock. Nonetheless - a must for any BL Fan :)
  8. May 21, 2017
    The weakest add-on to Borderlands 2 and probably in the series overall. I love Sir Hammerlock as a character, but his DLC's gameplay is full of grindy collection sidequests and annoying level design. There are some interesting new enemies, as well as the returning Drifters from the Secret Armory add-on of the first game. I personally enjoy the idea of having airboats- but they constantlyThe weakest add-on to Borderlands 2 and probably in the series overall. I love Sir Hammerlock as a character, but his DLC's gameplay is full of grindy collection sidequests and annoying level design. There are some interesting new enemies, as well as the returning Drifters from the Secret Armory add-on of the first game. I personally enjoy the idea of having airboats- but they constantly get stuck on level architecture worse then the base game's cars do and are just a pain overall to use. I cannot recommend Big Game Hunt on it's own merits, though it being included in the GOTY edition isn't the end of the world. Expand

1. PC Gamer
    Mar 31, 2013
    It's a solid few hours worth a look. [Apr 2013, p.111]
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    Just like the perfect AC/DC song, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt might occasionally drag, but whenever it counts, it gives you exactly what you paid for.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    The final DLC for Borderlands 2 has two faces. One is that of many new things: interesting maps, different from everything we got to know and a variety of completely new, well designed opponents. That's the "good face". The "bad face" is presented by the means of the shortest and most dull single player campaign yet. When compared to other two add-ons, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is the weakest one. But this doesn't change the fact, that fans should consider buying it, because it's most definitely worth the price.