Breath of Death VII: The Beginning PC

6.3

1. Aug 4, 2011
    Breath of Death VII: The Beginning was the first Zeboyd game (Robert Boyd) that simply blew me away. A loving and dastardly humorous homage to early 8-Bit RPGs, it's certainly clever, but it's also a finely tuned role-playing game that's worth far more than the asking price. Cthulhu Saves the World is equally worthy, but don't overlook this true classic.
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    It is very easy to summarize what this game is all about. Homage to the SNES era of RPG'S. Breath of Death VII is simply a homage to the classics. It's very witty and very well written parody that at times left me laughing out loud. The combat is familiar yet just different enough to keep things fresh. Leveling up is fast and easy, and your skills can be picked through a simple branchingIt is very easy to summarize what this game is all about. Homage to the SNES era of RPG'S. Breath of Death VII is simply a homage to the classics. It's very witty and very well written parody that at times left me laughing out loud. The combat is familiar yet just different enough to keep things fresh. Leveling up is fast and easy, and your skills can be picked through a simple branching mechanic. It's not going to change the way we see RPG's, but if you miss the old days of SNES RPG's, then it's simple no brainer to pick this up. I got Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World for a total of $3 on steam. Totally worth every penny. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    Awsome retro RPG. The game is just like NES RPGs from back in the day, and pokes fun at them all day long. If you are an old school RPG fan don't mis out on this game. It is only about 6 hours long and comes in a pack for $3 so even if you don't like it you won't be out a bunch of money.
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    I absolutely loved this game. It reminded me a lot of classic Dragon Warrior, which has always been one of my favorite series of all time. This game borrows heavily from that old-school combat style, but does make some pretty awesome advances over the classic structure, too. For one, if you are in one area for a long time, eventually you will not be randomly attacked by monsters anymoreI absolutely loved this game. It reminded me a lot of classic Dragon Warrior, which has always been one of my favorite series of all time. This game borrows heavily from that old-school combat style, but does make some pretty awesome advances over the classic structure, too. For one, if you are in one area for a long time, eventually you will not be randomly attacked by monsters anymore (there's a battle "limit"). You can still choose to fight from the menu though, which I thought was awesome. If you're going to be grinding, why waste the time running around waiting for a random battle? Just pick a fight yourself! Speaking of running, you can run. Much coolness. The monsters were a decent challenge for most of the game, but I'm certainly glad I grinded (ground?) a little bit before the jail level. Some of the monsters in there would be reDANKulous to a weaker character. I loved the humor of the game, and some of the music pieces were extremely well done. Some were hokey. The bosses were an interesting challenge as well. Especially Dragonduck, which I managed to defeat at level 31, thank you very much! The game is fairly short, but not really any shorter than the original Dragon Warrior was. All in all, this is an amazing deal at $3, which includes Cthulhu Saves the World (which I haven't tried yet). If you are a fan of old-school RPGs at all, support indie devs and buy this game! I actually ended up buying it for a few friends, who said they too loved it. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    A spoof of earlier RPGs and one that's fun to boot? I'm down with that. Definitely a good game, but it's got some issues that it needs to address. Still, all in all I'd say give this game a go, especially considering how low the price is for it.
  6. Jul 22, 2012
    Do you enjoy those classic 8-bit RPG's? Well this is definitely a game for you. There's not much more to say about this game. But, the story is indeed interesting.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    Absolutely hilarious and yet also a really good game. A tribute to 8 bit RPGs that pokes fun at the problems and presents you with an anti-hero that you can truly love.
  8. Feb 23, 2015
    A good game overall not as good as Chtulu saves the World because of the graphics.It has humor and is simple and easy to play.I would give it a 9 normaly but because of the hatters I am forced to give it a 10 because the game certainly worth its money.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 6, 2011
    Breath of Death VII: The Beginning is boiled with the same ammount of raw materials, according to the same recipe, by the same chef, and with the same love as the previous course Cthulhu Saves the World. This one is aiming at the same type of gamers, whom it will entertain with the same humour and gameplay. Nevertheless, you can clearly recognize these two titles from each other.