Brink PC

6.0

1. Apr 16, 2017
    Doux Jésus, quelle daube ! un jeu multi avec des flingues chiant comme la pluie et pourtant en général, multi et flingues c'est un minimum marrant. Mais rien de marrant dans ce navet de seconde zone, à part la tronche pas possible des protagonistes que l'on est sensé incarner. C'est à la fois grotesque et de mauvais goût, le moteur 3D est à la rue, ça rame, les sensations sont absentes etDoux Jésus, quelle daube ! un jeu multi avec des flingues chiant comme la pluie et pourtant en général, multi et flingues c'est un minimum marrant. Mais rien de marrant dans ce navet de seconde zone, à part la tronche pas possible des protagonistes que l'on est sensé incarner. C'est à la fois grotesque et de mauvais goût, le moteur 3D est à la rue, ça rame, les sensations sont absentes et le tout est confus et inintéressant.

En bref, c'est encore plus mauvais qu'un Team Fortress 2, ce que je n'aurais jamais cru possible. Comme quoi tout arrive.
  2. FGM
    Dec 29, 2016
    Unoriginal Team Fortress, with poor graphics, bad ragdolls, poor weapons, and what the hell is wrong with their faces, still this game seemed polished when I played it, and I didn't suffer any bugs or performance issues. It's just not unique or outstanding in any aspect, that's why 5/10
  3. Jun 22, 2016
    Something went horribly, horribly wrong with this game, and it wasn't apparent to me until after I'd already purchased it. I'd even had the opportunity to play it at PAX East before it released and speak with one of the developers, and I'd had a lot of fun with it there. But when I finally sat down and dug into it, I found yet another poorly-balanced, poorly-paced, poorly-optimizedSomething went horribly, horribly wrong with this game, and it wasn't apparent to me until after I'd already purchased it. I'd even had the opportunity to play it at PAX East before it released and speak with one of the developers, and I'd had a lot of fun with it there. But when I finally sat down and dug into it, I found yet another poorly-balanced, poorly-paced, poorly-optimized multiplayer shooter that attempted to fuse a Call of Duty-style blink-and-your-dead damage model with objective-based maps and class-based gameplay, with a parkour system that i still think was a good idea, had it been in a better game. Literally the best thing to come out of Brink was a hat for the Sniper in TF2, and that's really sad. Expand
  4. Sep 17, 2014
    Despite having some launch issues and patches, this game is straight up underrated. If you are looking for an similar game like Enemy Territory then Brink does not deliver it. But it is actually quite an enjoyable team objective based shooter when you give it an change and compare the standards of shooters nowadays. It has decent artistic style, some can argue the characters look ugly,Despite having some launch issues and patches, this game is straight up underrated. If you are looking for an similar game like Enemy Territory then Brink does not deliver it. But it is actually quite an enjoyable team objective based shooter when you give it an change and compare the standards of shooters nowadays. It has decent artistic style, some can argue the characters look ugly, thus you can hide them in masks to begin with. Weapon choice is quite good. Upgrades work. Balanced so you cant spawn trap. Sadly not many people gave this game a change that i think it honestly deserves. It has its flaws yet for an fast paced team objective based shooter i think it succeeds. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    Brink. Another day of reviewing yet another multiplayer shooter. Many of my reviews in the past have been focused on multiplayer shooters. This one however, is more of a special case. I've found this game on many lists for the most disappointing games of 2011. It was meant to combine single player and multiplayer into one. It had a big story built in with the multiplayer maps. It also hadBrink. Another day of reviewing yet another multiplayer shooter. Many of my reviews in the past have been focused on multiplayer shooters. This one however, is more of a special case. I've found this game on many lists for the most disappointing games of 2011. It was meant to combine single player and multiplayer into one. It had a big story built in with the multiplayer maps. It also had a parkour system, similar to the game Mirror's Edge. It even had co-op elements, similar to those found in Left 4 Dead. All this stuff sounds great, but when it was released most critics gave the game mixed reviews, criticizing many things about it. I wasn't too keen on buying on this criticism, so I decided to buy this game, and try it for myself. So, does this game not deserve the mixed reviews it got, or does it make Call of Duty look fun all of a sudden? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game functions much like any other multiplayer shooter. There are four classes to choose from, medic, soldier, operative, and engineer, and every map is like the assault mode from Unreal Tournament 2004. The classes do manage to differentiate the game from UT2004, as multiple classes are required to complete different objectives. There were no classes in UT2004. There are also plenty of cooperative elements, not to mention parkour. This makes the game feel much more like its own game rather than just a retread of UT. As for the classes themselves, they are all very fun to play as. As the soldier, you can give troops ammo, and blow up walls blocking your path. Medics heal their allies, and revive them if they fall. Engineers can create turrets, and amplify the damage of their allies. Operatives can hack computers, and throw sticky grenades. These are only a few of the things the different classes can do. Of course, none of this would matter if the game wasn't fun to play, but the truth is that it's very fun to play! Parkour really makes the game feel different from any other shooter out there. Along with that, the game also plays like any shooter should, and that's a good thing. My only real complaint about the gameplay is that assault is the only mode in this game. There's no capture the flag, control point, or any other mode you would normally find in a multiplayer shooter. I can understand why they wouldn't put these modes in this game, as the game is more focused on the campaign than anything else, but it would be nice to have other modes too. Also, I forgot to mention another awesome thing about this game: you get to create your own character from the ground up, and select from a variety of weapons to use, and it is better than those that I have seen in other multiplayer shooters like this. Overall, this game is very fun to play, both offline with bots (the bots have very good A.I.), and online with friends. The graphics of this game are very good too. They might be a bit dark for some people, but overall, they still look great regardless. Everything is very well detailed, and looks beautiful. The characters of this game also look very unique. It's kind of a mixture between Team Fortress 2's cartoony style with the realistic style of the Call of Duty and Battlefield games. This game's graphics are as unique as the gameplay in this respect. Because of the unique graphics, Brink is a much better and more unique game than most people would like to think. As for the story, it's good, but overall, I think it needs just a little bit of work. The story of this game is that mankind built a city called the Ark, that was meant to be a self-sustaining city of the future. However, due to global warming, they were forced to relocate, and more and more people were forced to join this city as the world became flooded. Now the Ark is in trouble, and two sides are now fighting for control. There is Ark Security, which wishes to save the Ark, and the Resistance, which wishes to escape it. Overall, the premise is really good. I have never heard a plot this unique before. However, the rest of the story is cast aside, for more multiplayer action. Thus, the game lacks character development, and the rest of the story is somewhat vague on how the Ark is saved and the people escape the Ark. The story is good overall, but not as great as it could be. Overall, I think the critics were wrong about this game, because it really is very good. It is really fun to play, has great graphics, and a good story. I recommend this game to anyone who loves shooters, and video games in general.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 7/10
    Overall: 8/10
  6. Jun 21, 2014
    Brink was a game I loved on the PS3. The parkour system [S.M.A.R.T.] was quite good, the gameplay was fast but I was able to catch up with it. The customization on the guns was decent. The missions were fine, as they ranged from "Free this random dude, and escort him/Prevent the enemy from freeing and escorting said dude" to "Capture random object and do... SOMETHING with it/Stop the enemyBrink was a game I loved on the PS3. The parkour system [S.M.A.R.T.] was quite good, the gameplay was fast but I was able to catch up with it. The customization on the guns was decent. The missions were fine, as they ranged from "Free this random dude, and escort him/Prevent the enemy from freeing and escorting said dude" to "Capture random object and do... SOMETHING with it/Stop the enemy from doing said thing with said object". I rarely, and I repeat, RARELY, saw any glitches. The most I came across was some slight spazzing, but that was ignorable. When I saw that it was on Steam, I REALLY wanted to get it. But I simply check the reviews... and complaints of the apparent 'glitch city' and the multiplayer dying down... WHAT?!
    As stated before, I barely saw any glitches. And this about the Multiplayer being dead...
    *sigh*... Why...?
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    This game was supposed to be an elite mix of all things FPS. I got it out of hopes of getting to experience an amazing game. After actually playing it:

A multiplayer simulator is the campaign, there is no decent way to truly hook you. The free-running is an awesome feature but in this game it is nothing more than a gimmick simply from the lack of content. I seriously pictured one

The free-running is an awesome feature but in this game it is nothing more than a gimmick simply from the lack of content. I seriously pictured one amazing story to play through an experience but what I got was just a bunch of multiplayer simulations with Crap-tastic AI that attempts to create the illusion of progress, and absolutely no true single player beauty. Sure the multiplayer is neat and all, but that's multiplayer a separate mode! You don't mix multiplayer into single player that just creates a boring game with no meat to enjoy, no reason to adventure, no point in getting immersed. Yeah sure call your friends over (Or set up a server to play with them), but when you can't enjoy the game alone, why would you even try to play with your friends if you cant have fun with it right off the bat.

Weapons are vast, but when every kind of MG feels the same, you tend to realize that there is only 1 Shotgun, 1 SMG, 1 Battle Rile, 1 Sniper Rifle, and a Grenade Launcher all cloned several times to create the illusion of a vast arsenal.

If you wanted to get this game to sell, you should have turned it into a Free-to-Play MMO, but then again, 9 story simulations is more than enough to tell you that even the developers knew they messed up.

Graphically the game is excellent, but I guess that's the only thing you actually paid for, the graphics.
  8. Jan 27, 2014
    Interesting visuals, climatic music, the best AI available in FPS game, especially at Hard difficulty level. Perfect game for anyone interested in a multiplayer FPS but prefers to play mainly with bots. The Brink will provide you with tens if not hundreds of fast-paced, objective-based combat. SMART movement system and Objective Wheel (used also to communicate with your teammates aboutInteresting visuals, climatic music, the best AI available in FPS game, especially at Hard difficulty level. Perfect game for anyone interested in a multiplayer FPS but prefers to play mainly with bots. The Brink will provide you with tens if not hundreds of fast-paced, objective-based combat. SMART movement system and Objective Wheel (used also to communicate with your teammates about your intentions, so they can adjust theirs) are both truly ingenious inventions by Splash Damage. I hope that Extraction (aka Dirty Bomb) will carry over the best features of Brink (including the AI), and it will deserve to be called Brink 2 (Improved Brink). Expand
  9. Dec 28, 2013
    Brink is an Avarage game, it has good gunplay, smooth gameplay, responsive controlls and good effects.
    It's really fun to play with friends and so on.

I liked the idea of Brink, Sadly they've made some mistakes.
    For example game has no story, cause the campaign is basicly multiplayer.

The graphics are also pretty decent..
  10. Dec 6, 2013
    A buggy Mess with a NetCode from Hell, On paper this Game sound awesome. Reality is the complete opposite. Everyone who give this a 10 is a liar. The Netcode is so horrible that you will lag so bad, it will feel like teleporting. Sound is sometimes missing complete. Parcour System dont work like it should. After some hours i had to delete this Game.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    Brink, in my opinion, is one of those undiscovered or overlooked games. Set in The Ark, a futuristic floating city, you are forced to make a decision at the very beginning of a game. You choose to either Escape The Ark with the Resistance, laborers who now live in slum cities constructed by old shipping containers, or to Save the Ark with the Security, a team of elite law enforcement. ThisBrink, in my opinion, is one of those undiscovered or overlooked games. Set in The Ark, a futuristic floating city, you are forced to make a decision at the very beginning of a game. You choose to either Escape The Ark with the Resistance, laborers who now live in slum cities constructed by old shipping containers, or to Save the Ark with the Security, a team of elite law enforcement. This seems like a important decision that will effect future gameplay, but in reality it couldn't mean less. After you complete one campaign, you are prompted to complete the other, which is the exact same maps and missions with the offensive and defensive roles switched. Gameplay is objective based and includes an in depth class system which enforces and rewards teamwork rather than being a lone wolf. Online gameplay is nothing extraordinary, and is made up of the same maps and missions.

+ Good
    - Bad

+ Beautiful, immerse world.
    + Customizable character; post-apocalyptic rags for Resistance and sleek military uniforms for Security.
    + Perk system allows you to tune your weapons and characters to your exact liking.
    - Interesting, but short story; leaves you seeking something more.
  12. Oct 17, 2013
    Decent multiplayer battle arena with a plot. I wish that the single player had been better thought out as it just feels tacked on but the whole thing is a worthwhile experiment that I hope others follow and refine.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. People hated it, they said it didn't live up to the expectations, especially the ones provided from it's cinematic trailer at E3. The game is incredibly in-depth, more than people think. It may have a short campaign, but it's amazing sound files easily fill any plot holes, and then overflow to the point of an awesome story. People say the storyThis is one of my favorite games of all time. People hated it, they said it didn't live up to the expectations, especially the ones provided from it's cinematic trailer at E3. The game is incredibly in-depth, more than people think. It may have a short campaign, but it's amazing sound files easily fill any plot holes, and then overflow to the point of an awesome story. People say the story doesn't make sense, yet I have a feeling they didn't take the time to look deeper. Beyond that, the multiplayer is great. Critics were angry that the scoreboard was nothing but points, which can be gotten from kills, revives, objectives, anything. I think it's genius. They are taking Brink's most important element, it's team playing, and ranks players based on that. The Engineer who sits back and defends the briefcase, or the Medic who keeps the informant alive, they will usually get more points than the guy who tries to go out and kill everyone. And, Team Fortress 2 does the same thing, yet it gets praised for it. This game takes elements from so many games, and weaves it so beautifully. It has the fast-paced combat of Call of Duty, the class system of Battlefield, the Team-Play-requirement of Team Fortress 2 (Cause let's be honest, Battlefield has kind of lost it's team spirit) and sure, it doesn't render graphics as fast as we'd like it to, but since when does graphics make a game? Essentially, if I were to describe this game to someone, I'd tell them Team Fortress 2 in a post-apocalyptic future. Look deep down, you know it's true. The game is balanced, there's no uber-OP gun that kills everyone, Sniper Rifles take skill to use, so that trumps Call of Duty. Someone who runs and guns isn't going to do even remotely as well as a team player. This puts it equal to, and in some cases, above Battlefield. Team Fortress 2 perfectly modeled the art of team playing, with Brink just below it. Why do people dislike this game so much, when it is so beautifully crafted, by such a great team of developers? Expand
  14. Jun 22, 2013
    Wow, really... gotta say i'm depressed about the general state of "gamers" after finally playing this. IT IS AMAZING, splash damage should NOT be ashamed of this game. It's a wonderful addition to their previous games (having put 600+ hours into both Wolfenstein:ET and Quake Wars ET myself) I've actually avoided this game up to this point because I was afraid it would take another 600Wow, really... gotta say i'm depressed about the general state of "gamers" after finally playing this. IT IS AMAZING, splash damage should NOT be ashamed of this game. It's a wonderful addition to their previous games (having put 600+ hours into both Wolfenstein:ET and Quake Wars ET myself) I've actually avoided this game up to this point because I was afraid it would take another 600 hours of my life away, and after playing it for a bit, i'm sure it will. GAMERS, you should be ashamed of yourself for the harshness you've expressed towards this game. It's the most polished effort yet from Splash Damage and it's beautifully executed. Yes, I understand it actually takes intelligence to play it, sorry to all the dumbasses (the majority of the human population apparently) that just can't figure it out. If your not a troglodyte and capable of smart teamwork based gameplay you'd be doing yourself a disfavor not giving this a chance. Splash Damage's games have always been deep, which is why, after YEARS of playing them you'll find yourself coming back for more. Depth requires a little practice and time to get an understanding of the core elements/map knowledge/general strategy. Their games have never been the type you can just JUMP INTO, but rather are the type that age nicely with many plays and the hidden depth slowly is revealed. I look forward to delving deeper into this one and felt a need to come here and defend it. It's clear Splash Damage is avoiding any and all association with this game at this point and I find that sad.You shouldn't feel that way, i'm sorry the world isn't 'up to speed' with you but please, please, PLEASE don't stop making intelligent games. Your one of the last bastions of challenging team based gameplay and I'd hate to see you 'crumble' under the pressure of the modern 'casual' gamer. Expand
  15. May 19, 2013
    wow I have never played a game as unique as this sure the objectives are repetive, the graphics need a bit more polish but its the way it is meant to be played properly the guns in the game all sound like their real and the movement system to some its a burden but me I got used to it straight away and the AI leaves much to be desired really if you can ignore the problems this is really awow I have never played a game as unique as this sure the objectives are repetive, the graphics need a bit more polish but its the way it is meant to be played properly the guns in the game all sound like their real and the movement system to some its a burden but me I got used to it straight away and the AI leaves much to be desired really if you can ignore the problems this is really a unique game so get it, its only £5 Expand
  16. May 5, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever played; brink fails in so much of what it should be. The A.I that you have to depend on for all solo aspects of this games is like playing with your little sister; they run around hopelessly trying to do something but ending up failing. The maps are twisted to the point that shotguns and grenades can quickly kill the entire other team or leaving you toOne of the worst games I have ever played; brink fails in so much of what it should be. The A.I that you have to depend on for all solo aspects of this games is like playing with your little sister; they run around hopelessly trying to do something but ending up failing. The maps are twisted to the point that shotguns and grenades can quickly kill the entire other team or leaving you to run from the other side of the map every 10 seconds trying to get a objective. The graphics show in all the movies don't compare to the graphics in game; the in game graphics go from 1080p to 320. The multiplayer is so awful; I was playing with one guy and the game ran like a old playstation game. I was constantly runing into walls; shooting at npcs as they disappeared into think air. I looked forward to this game and was let down completely; I can't believe that a company like Bethesda put its name on the box. Expand
  17. Apr 28, 2013
    Refreshing break from Call of Duty and it has some interesting gameplay. Also it is very fun with its additional features it has than other FPS shooter games out there like Battlefield or Call of Duty.
  18. Apr 25, 2013
    Brink is one of those games that try, but doesn't quite get there. The entire game is based on a civil war between the resistance and security. Each has their own reason why they want to leave/protect the ark. Sadly the story isn't fleshed out right, it seems like it was cut half way for either dlc or a sequel. The gameplay is a FPS with team based objectives within it. The team based isBrink is one of those games that try, but doesn't quite get there. The entire game is based on a civil war between the resistance and security. Each has their own reason why they want to leave/protect the ark. Sadly the story isn't fleshed out right, it seems like it was cut half way for either dlc or a sequel. The gameplay is a FPS with team based objectives within it. The team based is very interesting, sadly it gets old after awhile since each map doesn't change the objectives, it stays the same throughout. Also since it is a team based objective single player, it has AI bots which help you with the mission...but, the AI is probably one of the worst AI I have seen in a team based game. The AI is either helping you with the objective, or they are off capturing command posts, most of the time the latter. Thankfully the game has multiplayer, but as of currently, not a lot of people play multiplayer. Also the game has superb customization options, you can make your own security or resistance character the way you want. The one dlc that was released for the game is a huge disappointment. It adds very little to the lore, and still leaves us hanging for either more dlc or a sequel base..which will probably never happen. In the end, you can have some fun with this game, but not as much as you would hope it to make.. Hopefully brink gets a second chance with more dlc or at least a polished and well made sequel. Expand
  19. Mar 16, 2013
    It makes me sad that Brink's metascore is 70. A game with terrible bugs and glitches, an unimaginably story that is so dull and boring you'd rather cut your eyes out with a butterknife, and the controls are nothing but very mediocre. This game is mostly unplayable, and the parts were it's playable are executed so bad that no other game out there can match its disappointment. This is theIt makes me sad that Brink's metascore is 70. A game with terrible bugs and glitches, an unimaginably story that is so dull and boring you'd rather cut your eyes out with a butterknife, and the controls are nothing but very mediocre. This game is mostly unplayable, and the parts were it's playable are executed so bad that no other game out there can match its disappointment. This is the perfect example of modern-day art: a splash of paint of a white canvas and calling it a finished product. Terrible terrible game, do not waste a cent on this. Expand
  20. Feb 2, 2013
    Brink has an amazing concept, full of creative and incredible ideas. However, the game itself is laggy which ruined the whole game for me. I found the singleplayer was incredibly weak despite it's concept. The multiplayer is a definite improvement, but is far from TF2 or Halo or anything like that. Graphics are alright, but certainly no Crysis. Brink could've been amazing, but the conceptBrink has an amazing concept, full of creative and incredible ideas. However, the game itself is laggy which ruined the whole game for me. I found the singleplayer was incredibly weak despite it's concept. The multiplayer is a definite improvement, but is far from TF2 or Halo or anything like that. Graphics are alright, but certainly no Crysis. Brink could've been amazing, but the concept was executed so poorly, that it's really not Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is probably the most underrated video game I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever understand why everyone hates it so much. I really enjoyed my time with this game. The gameplay was a really fun mixture between single player, co-op, and multiplayer shooters, and I don't see any real flaws with it other than the A.I., which is pretty idiotic. As for the graphics, I don'tThis game is probably the most underrated video game I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever understand why everyone hates it so much. I really enjoyed my time with this game. The gameplay was a really fun mixture between single player, co-op, and multiplayer shooters, and I don't see any real flaws with it other than the A.I., which is pretty idiotic. As for the graphics, I don't see any real problems with those either. I think Brink has great graphics. They seem like a mixture between Call of Duty's realistic graphics, and Team Fortress 2's cartoony ones. Yes there are low-res textures in Brink, and yes there are a few bad texture pop-ins, but those don't ruin the gameplay experience at all. As for the story, it's meh. The good news is that it is very easy to understand. Mankind built a self-sustaining city of the future called the Ark, but this went wrong, and now two sides are fighting each other for control. One side wants to save the Ark, and the other side wishes to escape it. The bad news is that the rest of the story is filled with cutscenes that lack character development, have several plot holes, and overall are just a bunch of soldiers feeling conflicted over their cause. Since the story is easy to understand however, I wouldn't say much of this is really important. I'd say that the biggest problem with this game is that when it came out, it was worth 60 bucks, but it is cheaper now (only 20), and is now a better deal overall. This game is also even better with the Agents of Change Downloadable content pack, which only costs two dollars more. Overall, I'd say that this game is highly underrated, and deserves a second look by everyone who has played it. Expand
  22. Jan 8, 2013
    The concept itself is good, but the controls just feel bulky, the singleplayer is a joke, and the skill system is both confusing and conflicting. It seems like the developers said "Lets make a great game" during a conference call, and then never said a word detailing the mechanics. It needs patching and an actual story before I can give this an actual rating.
  23. Dec 17, 2012
    Brink is what happens when you put more money into marketing than development. Single player "campaign" is just multiplayer with (bad AI) bots. Multiplayer is repetitive and dull because of the objective-based maps. Character customization and the unique graphical style are the only positives about this game. There's tons of guns to play with but many feel the same and it's hard to tellBrink is what happens when you put more money into marketing than development. Single player "campaign" is just multiplayer with (bad AI) bots. Multiplayer is repetitive and dull because of the objective-based maps. Character customization and the unique graphical style are the only positives about this game. There's tons of guns to play with but many feel the same and it's hard to tell them apart. Not worth your time or money. Expand
  24. Oct 11, 2012
    I honestly suggest this to any fan of First Person Shooting this game brings alot to the table Customization, A Great Experience, Shooting,Shooting, more shooting and of course PARKOUR which is basically jumping over obstacles or sliding through stuff and climbing stuff anyways the game is A great and Tremendous change over Call of duty which is not doing very well due to mw3 suckingI honestly suggest this to any fan of First Person Shooting this game brings alot to the table Customization, A Great Experience, Shooting,Shooting, more shooting and of course PARKOUR which is basically jumping over obstacles or sliding through stuff and climbing stuff anyways the game is A great and Tremendous change over Call of duty which is not doing very well due to mw3 sucking bad!! and battlefield which has had mixed opinions about it but here we have an OLD-SCHOOL "Enemy Territory" kind of game which in my opinion the best style for a action FPS especially when theres multiplayer involved and of course with the pc version having people online to play with i got in 1 lobby and thought to myself gee no lag, no hackers sweet i bought this game for 9 bucks no joke and it was the SteelBook Edition which had everything in it which i found pretty cool yes i kid you not this Game is AMAZING my final verdict is a 10/10 totally a MUST BUY Expand
  25. Aug 1, 2012
    For the first time, I taught that the conception was great, but then I tried the game...
    I made my character (and the character creation was really awesome!) and I tried the game in single player. Now seriously, WHAT IS THIS? I couldn't even play through one match, because it was so boring for me. I don't like playing multiplayer shooters like Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike.
    And you
    And you can choose if you'd like small,medium or heavy built character, but it makes no difference. Using heavy, you can't parkour, but your defense is high... There's no point in using tiny characters, because you dont need the parkour system (SMART system, I think...?).
    The best choice is medium built character, so that you can use parkour and you dont die so easily
  26. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Got this at about $10 in a Steam bundle sale, and I got what I payed for. The A.I. is horrendous, levels are very poorly designed, and the general gameplay is average at best. I did have quite a lot of fun during the "Go capture this and bring it back." sequences, but at the "Go hack/repair this" sequences it just got either extremely easy or extremely difficult. One sequence in particular requires you to go hack a missile launch thing, but as you arrive you usually find that the enemy A.I. has set up a couple turrets, and that in order to hack you have to leave yourself defenseless in a practically coverless area. Simply wiping out everyone before hacking won't help either, as they respawn fairly close to you and hacking itself takes about 2 minutes. All in all, if you find this game at a cheap price at some sale, it is a worthwhile buy, but at a price any higher than $10, you're just wasting your money. Expand
  27. Jul 22, 2012
    Gutes spiel hat aber sehr viele Performance Probleme :(
  28. Jul 16, 2012
    This game had a lot of potential but falls short of what it could be. But even with that I still recommend it over a FPS like MW3. The storyline feels like it leaves you hanging in such a way that the full game feels like demo for something bigger. Yes you can play both sides in the storyline but there is ONLY one story to the game and the story on both sides is the same. So if you playThis game had a lot of potential but falls short of what it could be. But even with that I still recommend it over a FPS like MW3. The storyline feels like it leaves you hanging in such a way that the full game feels like demo for something bigger. Yes you can play both sides in the storyline but there is ONLY one story to the game and the story on both sides is the same. So if you play both sides your doing everything again, nothing to write home about. The game says "Tons of weapon customization options" but do not believe this, you really have a few options and parts are just recycled. The Co-Op is well....just something to do with your friend(s) when your waiting on a better game to come out. That is about it. Like so much of this game it is another aspect of it that is in short....Meh. In short if you got money to burn and time to waste then buy this game but if you do not then do not buy this game because you will feel a sense of lacking from playing it. Expand
  29. May 26, 2012
    This is an absolutely fantastic multiplayer shooter. Very well thought through maps and game mechanics. Its not a simple shooter though, dedication is recommended ;) The classes all got access to the same weapons, only the body type does restrict the choices. This allows you to play each class with your prefered combat style and one might ask himself why it hasnt always been that way inThis is an absolutely fantastic multiplayer shooter. Very well thought through maps and game mechanics. Its not a simple shooter though, dedication is recommended ;) The classes all got access to the same weapons, only the body type does restrict the choices. This allows you to play each class with your prefered combat style and one might ask himself why it hasnt always been that way in shooters. The "SMART" movement system is something i dont want to ever miss again in any shooter. Overcoming obstacles, sliding and taking shortcuts becomes second nature realy quick with the improved run and jump keys. The maps are large (switching objectives) with nice layout. Takes a while to know them inside out. The weapons can be customized to fit your playstyle. With care though, as the upgrades can also have negative effects which are quite a bit more severe then it appears on the weapons stats. This is simply put one of the best thought through multiplayer shooters to have ever been created. Just like SD's last title though, it's not suitable for everyone. Any shooter fanatic that is good in all types of fps games should be very happy with this title. It does need a patch or two, but only minor issues, like sound breaking down every once in a while (fixed on mapchange or reconnect). Hardware requirements are pretty high though, i would recommend at least a core2quad@3.6 Ghz or a i5@3 Ghz and a grafics card of at least gtx570 performance. This should result in 50 to 100 fps. SLI works well too.------------UPDATE: Same as their other titles, this game did not appeal to the masses. The lack of "toy kills" (possibility to nade spam and other things to get free kills) is not everyones taste. And the choice of using the clunky idtech4 instead of the superbly idtech3 wasnt a wise choice either. The community is about dead, but if you pick up this game on a steam sale you will still find populated euro servers. Expand
  30. May 17, 2012
    Brink is - atleast in my opinion - a great shooter which failed at the users intelligence.

The problem this game has, 90% of the community play it like its just a TDM on all maps, even though you NEITHER can get a good score with this NOR it helps your team with that attitude. In fact that's what made BRINK not the star on the videogame skyline it has deserved to be. Like a quote of the

Like a quote of the chief producer said:
    "BRINK is not about shooting heads, it's about to achieve something - TOGETHER, as a TEAM."

If you just think about this sentence when you play and you work towards the targets instead of a good K/D, you can have unbelievable much fun with this game - but for that, you must grant BRINK a chance, believe me, it deserved atleast one.
  31. May 12, 2012
    Brink is an objective based multiplayer shooter that took me some getting used to. Most of my early hours, I was pretty much just killing bad guys while being completely lost on what the objectives were. Now that I have a few more hours under my belt and have gotten used to the gameplay, I must confess it's pretty fun. It's highly action packed, but the objectives are just not obvious toBrink is an objective based multiplayer shooter that took me some getting used to. Most of my early hours, I was pretty much just killing bad guys while being completely lost on what the objectives were. Now that I have a few more hours under my belt and have gotten used to the gameplay, I must confess it's pretty fun. It's highly action packed, but the objectives are just not obvious to new players.

The game puts significant emphasis on customization in both character looks and loadouts--for example being able to select two primary weapons is nice. The graphics are solid, the gameplay is smooth, and the character leveling is implemented well. It also throws in a decent storyline which is uncommon in these type of multiplayer games. But don't buy Brink because of its single player or coop claims. It disappoints unless you consider playing multiplayer with bots fun.
  32. Apr 28, 2012
    Do you want a textbook example of a videogame failure? This game. Why? Because Splash Damage has learn absolutely nothing from Quake Wars' failures, and included all of them in this game. This game isn't worth the screen real estate the name is printed on. The only thing I cant figure out is why was Bethesda behind it. Who knows.
  33. Mar 29, 2012
    Surely a well-created game, but some things could be better.
    The Multiplayer gaming is very weak and slow, when you are playing everything you do with The keyboard is done in late. This is very bad for an action game!
    And the whole game is based on a schematc story very boring. But in the single-player mode it's wonderful (if you are using a powerful computer) And it's obviously a not
    Surely a well-created game, but some things could be better.
    And it's obviously a not realistic game, infact you can jump from more of 5 meters and continue to fight as like nothing had happened. The fact that you can bring wiht you a turret rotating barrels and place it in the middle of the fight in not so realistic. But I recommend Brink to anyone who likes this kind of game (and to anyone who has a mighty computer)
  34. Mar 28, 2012
    Simply not worth playing strictly for the single player. Grenade spam is awful, performance sucks, no i see why this got scorched when it came out.
  35. Mar 20, 2012
    Brink is a game that tries to be a little different from your standard fps like COD. It encourages team play and rewards you xp for everything you do. The free running system is also nice, but could have been expanded. The biggest problems of the game is the lack of game modes, and the fact that there's no separate campaign. The game could have been a lot better with more game modes and aBrink is a game that tries to be a little different from your standard fps like COD. It encourages team play and rewards you xp for everything you do. The free running system is also nice, but could have been expanded. The biggest problems of the game is the lack of game modes, and the fact that there's no separate campaign. The game could have been a lot better with more game modes and a bigger variation of maps. Expand
  36. Mar 11, 2012
    The good, Its one of the most fun shooters I have played, but tbh im not a really big fan of pseudo realistic military shooters where you die almost instantly, this game is perfect for those like me who like team / class based shooters.
    The bad, maps are unbalanced and its always offense vs defense, with several objectives in each, so if your team is mediocre, chances are that you will loose all the maps where you are supposed to attack, if this game had game-modes where both teams had to attack and defend it would have been perfect.
  37. Mar 3, 2012
    Brink has an immersive story and a great atmosphere, thanks to a well thought-out plot and an excellent soundtrack. Unfortunately the game is simply poorly built in order for it to be any fun.
  38. Feb 18, 2012
    This game is so confusing it is unreal.
    WTF do i do in this game? this is the point im making, you load it up the 1st time then make a character on whichever side it is you choose, then your in some world that is so dull it needs a light bulb to play.
    This game is so confusing it is unreal.
    I dont see the point of this game, and i have never gotten past that same damn 1st map??? why is that??? yet we win and yet we dont progress.
    Pile of crap.
  39. Feb 16, 2012
    I'll start with the bad things, which aren't many but totally gamebreaking: the A.I is horrible, and I mean it. Offline matches can be hard mainly because of the stupidity of your team mates, and sometimes you can LOSE because of them. It's sad considering it's a team based shooter but your AI is totally unreliable. The content also is lacking: 2 different campaigns but they last probablyI'll start with the bad things, which aren't many but totally gamebreaking: the A.I is horrible, and I mean it. Offline matches can be hard mainly because of the stupidity of your team mates, and sometimes you can LOSE because of them. It's sad considering it's a team based shooter but your AI is totally unreliable. The content also is lacking: 2 different campaigns but they last probably less than 4 hours each, and only few challenges available (and required in order to obtain some weapons). These are probably the worst parts of the game but...I actually liked the game! I loved the customization: it's actually huge and can create many types of characters, and the 3 types of body builds actually can change your playstyle. The weapons are many and some work better than others, but the best thing is the weapon customization, which works actually good to me. The 4 classes are also detailed, with their talents and, most important, their parts in the map, since some places requires you to use a certain class. The story it's actually good...at least the idea, but it's poorly told and what could be an interesting story it's just a background set up for the game, which is very sad. And for last, the multiplayer is nice...when it's playable, because it usually lags a lot and unfortunely it's hard to find good parties to play with, which is sad considering this is a lot based on the multiplayer. And about multiplayer, the maps work actually good and I rarely felt lost on them, which is easy for me considering my bad sense of directions. To me, this game is mainly a wasted potential, because if it was more cured in the details it would have been much, MUCH better, but right now we get a very lacking shooter that does its job right in some areas, but fails horribly in others. Maybe think about it if you ever see it on a (big) discount. Expand
  40. Feb 8, 2012
    some things i didnt include in my earlier review: great loadout custimization potential, good sound, good graphics, good story line, good music, all around good.
  41. Jan 6, 2012
    I really think this game is bad. I get no satisfaction for kills, and the gameplay feels bland because of it. It's like COD and TF2 had a mutated and ugly baby. :)
  42. Jan 3, 2012
    It's fun. While it's not game-changer, Brink offers a bit of question to the whole video game premise of following orders and doing your job, as portrayed through the two-sided missions. The conflict is truly polarizing and a real moral predicament. Gun selection isn't quite a Missouri veteran's closet, but gets the job done. The parkour mechanic was intended to add a dimension to theIt's fun. While it's not game-changer, Brink offers a bit of question to the whole video game premise of following orders and doing your job, as portrayed through the two-sided missions. The conflict is truly polarizing and a real moral predicament. Gun selection isn't quite a Missouri veteran's closet, but gets the job done. The parkour mechanic was intended to add a dimension to the combat (as opposed to other games' parkour-only or segregated game play), but ends up being an upgraded sprint function that amounts to slightly amusing camera angles while you hold shift on your way to the battle. The lack of class distinction is a real pain, but the customization fun makes up for that. Voice acting is great, and the back-story really does a civil conflict justice. Expand
  43. Dec 29, 2011
    Brink is a good game. With fun movements using blur style for the action. Its great in graphics, weapons customization and player customization. However it lacks on making each class available not as unique as one would expect.
  44. Dec 29, 2011
    I'm glad i waited for the Steam holiday sales before buying this game. Brink promised to "blend" the multiplayer and singleplayer games into a seamless experience, which sounded really interesting when they said it like that. But actually all they did was create a COD-like multiplayer shooter with bots and call it a singleplayer story mode! So innovative!!! My apologies if your sarcasmI'm glad i waited for the Steam holiday sales before buying this game. Brink promised to "blend" the multiplayer and singleplayer games into a seamless experience, which sounded really interesting when they said it like that. But actually all they did was create a COD-like multiplayer shooter with bots and call it a singleplayer story mode! So innovative!!! My apologies if your sarcasm detector is now broken. The dodgy AI and a forgetful story make you wonder why they even bothered with the singleplayer game. Not to mention the unlocks... millions of unlocks. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't unlocks for the unlocks. However, if you view Brink purely as a multiplayer game, then it is actually fairly solid. But it's nothing amazing, and more than a few shooters from 2011 are much better. At the end of the day there's just nothing to keep me playing this game. It has no WOW! factor at all. I do hope, though, that Splash Damage will continue to develop their engine and games, because it's obvious that they've got some insanely talented people in their ranks with amazing potential. They just need to learn what makes a AAA shooter fun to play these days, and they could do such great things. Expand
  45. Dec 28, 2011
    They spent more time advertising this game than developing it. It was supposed to be a revolutionary game that would change the FPS game world. Well..., it did not. It's like playing SIMS with guns. You can change your race, clothes, hair, add tattoos etc etc. But no matter what you do, all characters look the same! They all have the same face with huge noses :)
  46. Dec 23, 2011
    Takes what you expect from the genre and adds improved customization far better mobility and more dynamic objectives, I don't know what it was like at release but it's easily worth it's price tag now.

Graphics and sound are up to par has both single and multiplayer including drop in and out single player campaign.
  47. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is pretty polished. However it's not really meant for everyone. It requires heavy team play and objectives are pretty bland. The arsenals are alright and pretty well balanced in my opinion. The GUI menus are confusing. The developers are trying to create a menu system which caters for both PC and console platform which is isn't that bad but still nothing compared to full PC menu GUIs.
  48. Dec 8, 2011
    Brink seems like it took Team Fortress 2 and added free running. some of the adjectives are slightly stupid but it adds a 'story' to a multiplayer FPS. instead of a simple red vs blue capture the flag, the game gives you a reason WHY to capture the flag, or whatever is the said objective. The graphics and sound make up for the slight amount of bug i have come across. The biggest problemBrink seems like it took Team Fortress 2 and added free running. some of the adjectives are slightly stupid but it adds a 'story' to a multiplayer FPS. instead of a simple red vs blue capture the flag, the game gives you a reason WHY to capture the flag, or whatever is the said objective. The graphics and sound make up for the slight amount of bug i have come across. The biggest problem have with the game is single player and multiplayer is almost exactly the same. The only difference is AIs. Overall, one of the more entertaining FPS multiplayers, but it can get old really fast. Expand
  49. Dec 8, 2011
    If you came to Brink with no previous expectations and after it has been patched with cpl DLC's under its belt its a damn good game.
    If you talk to people that fealt burned on release they are carrying resentments a bit far imo. flaming a game that has been for all practical purposes "fixed" is lame.
    I purchased it several days ago on a Steam sale and have not looked back.. its shocking to get a game like this for so little.
    The innovation alone makes it a great game.. the freedom of movement and smoothness can be compared to no game out today.
    The customization is simply fantastic and the graphics / environments beg to be climbed over , perched on and slid under etc. Its a game that got a bad start but really deserves to be played now.
    sound and voice acting are superb as well with a very interesting story line to be unlocked via mission and challenge completions. for myself i truly hope that more people revisit the game and the servers see more players. i have always been able to find a active server but there are not many and as good as this game is there certainly deserves to be.
  50. Dec 6, 2011
    Brink did what multiplayer games have been wanting to do since the start, make a game that actually needs teamwork to win, nothings overpowered or underpowered, and has a high replayablility.
    Brink is not a game. It is art. 10/10 only cuz I'm saving 11/10 for the sequel :)
  51. Dec 5, 2011
    This game isn't bad, it needs work, but it isn't bad. This game is a pretty average FPS, run, jump shoot, pretty standard stuff. It does however have a pretty weak story, and it feels too much like your playing Multiplayer instead of a campaign. It also has it's fair share of bugs I have heard, I have yet to run into any. I wouldn't buy this game at a full retail price, but if you happenThis game isn't bad, it needs work, but it isn't bad. This game is a pretty average FPS, run, jump shoot, pretty standard stuff. It does however have a pretty weak story, and it feels too much like your playing Multiplayer instead of a campaign. It also has it's fair share of bugs I have heard, I have yet to run into any. I wouldn't buy this game at a full retail price, but if you happen to see it on sale somewhere for pretty cheap I would check it out. Expand
  52. Dec 4, 2011
    A fairly decent game. The SMART system works, but i feel a lot of the maps are too constrictive, the one in the ghetto was fun, but i want to be able to dash across buildings, slide into an alley, and leap through a window in smooth actions, not following the more or less preordained paths they have decided you can use. the character/weapon customization is fun, and ads something to theA fairly decent game. The SMART system works, but i feel a lot of the maps are too constrictive, the one in the ghetto was fun, but i want to be able to dash across buildings, slide into an alley, and leap through a window in smooth actions, not following the more or less preordained paths they have decided you can use. the character/weapon customization is fun, and ads something to the gameplay, and the weapons are decently diverse, though a few more options, like dual wielding pistols, or the ability to pick up someone else's weapon when you have no ammunition for either of your guns left, although factors like that do make teamplay important. not a bad game if you can get it cheap, but I'm glad I didn't pay the $60 dollars for it at launch Expand
  53. Dec 2, 2011
    How this game was ever released (and with a $60.00 price tag) is beyond my level of understanding. It is, by far and away, the laggiest multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Your movement is slow and floaty, as if you're commandeering an automatic vacuum cleaner instead of a human being. It's just as unresponsive in singleplayer as it is online. Animations are broken and jittery, resultingHow this game was ever released (and with a $60.00 price tag) is beyond my level of understanding. It is, by far and away, the laggiest multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Your movement is slow and floaty, as if you're commandeering an automatic vacuum cleaner instead of a human being. It's just as unresponsive in singleplayer as it is online. Animations are broken and jittery, resulting in people skipping steps and suddenly appearing in places. And the lag...good God, the lag. Whatever great ideas this game has are thrown away when you can't move or aim fluidly to save your life. It's unbearable to play, and frankly embarrassing for a multiplayer developer as reputable as Splash Damage and a producer as enormous as Bethesda to not release a patch that addresses these issues. This game isn't worth the $5 it's going for right now on Steam. It's not even worth playing the free weekend. It's just downright terrible, which is sad because hidden underneath so much failure are a lot of good ideas just begging to be implemented into a functional product. But ambition doesn't make a game; gameplay does, and there is no "play" in this "game." Expand
  54. Dec 1, 2011
    This review is to offset Specious71's score of 10 as he meant to give the rating a 6. I think he hit the nail on the head pretty accurately. We both played the co op all the way through with 2 other friends...we really tried to like it..it just felt like a mild title at best. Best of luck to those who like it...which we presume are the console-only kiddies :-) People cried so much aboutThis review is to offset Specious71's score of 10 as he meant to give the rating a 6. I think he hit the nail on the head pretty accurately. We both played the co op all the way through with 2 other friends...we really tried to like it..it just felt like a mild title at best. Best of luck to those who like it...which we presume are the console-only kiddies :-) People cried so much about how other games were hard like UT and Quake etc. that they had to dumb the movement down to accommodate those with less skill...all well and good if you love being mediocre in life :-) ok got my quota of words in. Expand
  55. Dec 1, 2011
    You know the games you buy and just enjoy playing because it is fun and challenging and if you are at school or work, just can't wait to get home to fire it up and start playing over and over and over? This is not one of those games. I come from a background of games that require skill like Unreal Tournament 2004 etc. - this game just feels like a game for console. You jump literally 3You know the games you buy and just enjoy playing because it is fun and challenging and if you are at school or work, just can't wait to get home to fire it up and start playing over and over and over? This is not one of those games. I come from a background of games that require skill like Unreal Tournament 2004 etc. - this game just feels like a game for console. You jump literally 3 inches - did not see any purpose to jump in this game. Basically you are running and shooting...how do you avoid being shot? sliding? lol ok BAM right in your face with my shotty or whatever weapon while you are sliding. I really wanted to like this game but even with the sale for 5 bucks I just can't bring myself to pay anything for something I know I won't be playing on a semi regular basis. I'm not one of those elite A Holes that thinks they can pwn everything on the contrary my skills are mediocre at best...but as a guy I prefer to play a game with a little challenge to it. This is one person's opinion and you are welcome to love this game and play it...it's just to bland for my taste. Also as others have stated the maps are bland. Take advantage of the Steam deal and try it out before buying but please save your money before making a decision first. Expand
  56. Dec 1, 2011
    I don't get the hate. There is a bit of a learning curve with the objectives, but once you get the hang of it and start unlocking skills/weapon attributes, this game is an absolute blast!
  57. Nov 29, 2011
    Brink promised a lot and delivered very little. Its as if someone took Call of Duty, cloned it, put a new name on it and shipped it out the door.

The best part of the game was the teaser videos. If brink would have been anything like the videos, it would have probably been a great game. The maps are bland, the weapons look like they were ripped from other games,,, there is just not

The maps are bland, the weapons look like they were ripped from other games,,, there is just not good to say about Brink.
  58. Nov 17, 2011
    I have enjoyed Brink mostly because it takes a different approach to the FPS genre that is beginning to get cliche' The character customization is excellent and the storyline, while not the best I have seen, brings a certain element to it that makes me think of the war in the original Tribes game that I loved. The drivers for ATI were a bit lacking but I am able to play the gameI have enjoyed Brink mostly because it takes a different approach to the FPS genre that is beginning to get cliche' The character customization is excellent and the storyline, while not the best I have seen, brings a certain element to it that makes me think of the war in the original Tribes game that I loved. The drivers for ATI were a bit lacking but I am able to play the game consistently. If you are looking for something that is enjoyable but will not take over your life, this might be for you. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    this is the worst crap ive ever played. i got it since release and it was full of bugs, now i played it again for a few minutes, after several patches, its still a fu**ing piece of ****
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    An excellent team-based multiplayer shooter. The bugs people have complained about seem to have been fixed, as I have had no problems at all playing with an ATI card. Plays like a very much upgraded version of Wolf: ET. Objectives require different classes to complete them, which I have always liked better than simple "capture the flag" games. Team play is very much rewarded, and theAn excellent team-based multiplayer shooter. The bugs people have complained about seem to have been fixed, as I have had no problems at all playing with an ATI card. Plays like a very much upgraded version of Wolf: ET. Objectives require different classes to complete them, which I have always liked better than simple "capture the flag" games. Team play is very much rewarded, and the objective system works very well. The character customization is also great, and can give you the same feeling of identifying with your character as an MMO. The other thing people complain about in this game is the "spread" when firing. I think this is something the game does right, and it adds realistic challenge to the game. If you're spraying with an SMG, don't expect to hit with every single shot! If you want more hits, either use the iron sights, get closer, shoot in short bursts, or use a more accurate weapon! The back story is also great. This game is very much under rated, especially now that the price has come down to $20. Expand
  61. Oct 24, 2011
    I liked this game, but I never really got around to playing it. I think the problem Brink has, is that, there are too many other awesome games out that this title is just going to get overlooked. Seeing as it is a multiplayer only title (singleplayer against bots is never going to work), a game like this needs a pretty big fanbase.

Im going to give it a 7/10 because I like the idea behind

Im going to give it a 7/10 because I like the idea behind brink, I like the aesthetics, and I enjoyed the gameplay, it's just missing something and I can't pinpoint what it is.
  62. Oct 13, 2011
    I did not understand why people are so against to this game. This game ROCK!! First of all, i did not see any major bugs, all the patches fixed tham it seems, and also there is not any performance issue, i am running this game on i5 2500k, 8gb ram, hd 6870 gpu, and it aint dropped to 30fps i can honestly say that, but to inform you, there is a little, fps cap limit although your V-SYNC isI did not understand why people are so against to this game. This game ROCK!! First of all, i did not see any major bugs, all the patches fixed tham it seems, and also there is not any performance issue, i am running this game on i5 2500k, 8gb ram, hd 6870 gpu, and it aint dropped to 30fps i can honestly say that, but to inform you, there is a little, fps cap limit although your V-SYNC is turned off, if you are playing solo campaign or host server, your fps is capped to 30, i know it is a little bit annoying.. As for the graphics, graphics are shiny, colorful and awesome !!! ESPECIALLY the characters and their details, it rocks ! ! As for a multiplayer game, the story is not that weak for me, the plot is good, and you feel like you are into it. Maps designed very good, every map is kinda unique i can say that. And every map includes different plot and quests. Conclusion: This Game Rocks guys.. I don't understand how it got 6.2 overall from users... Kinda disapointing that people do not satisfy easily. But this is good game. It is 19.99 USD on Steam... Do NOT MISS IT !!!!!!!!!! Expand
  63. Oct 7, 2011
    Frustrating and difficult, but almost nothing is funner than Brink with amazing combat and brilliant customization. The key to Brink: creativity. There are SO many possibilities for outfits, weapons + attachments, abilities, classes, the customization is just off the hook. So if you just assume you'll like this or that, DON'T, try everything and it will be slow at first, but the greatestFrustrating and difficult, but almost nothing is funner than Brink with amazing combat and brilliant customization. The key to Brink: creativity. There are SO many possibilities for outfits, weapons + attachments, abilities, classes, the customization is just off the hook. So if you just assume you'll like this or that, DON'T, try everything and it will be slow at first, but the greatest thing later. The battlefield combat is just fantastic, you'll provide your teammates with ammo, health, armor, and more. And just in general the shooting is good. The only thing I'll have to say negatively, is the story, it's really light. Yeah, a man-made island is the last place on the planet, resources are low so people fight each other, that's it. One more thing: physics are terrible, and online is super laggy. Expand
  64. Sep 24, 2011
    Brink is an "intresting" mix between awesome artstyle, bad design choices and countless technical issues. I liked the locations, background story, music, amount of various skills and character creation, but thats all about it. Lets get to the lacking aspects, which are plenty by the way. First of all, the whole reasons for the conflict seems to be forced, just for the sake of having twoBrink is an "intresting" mix between awesome artstyle, bad design choices and countless technical issues. I liked the locations, background story, music, amount of various skills and character creation, but thats all about it. Lets get to the lacking aspects, which are plenty by the way. First of all, the whole reasons for the conflict seems to be forced, just for the sake of having two hostile factions fighting each other, that are reason for this game to exist. In reality they could get along very easily, but i dont want to put spoilers here so lets skip that. The leveling system is unfair, it would be ok if all it gave you was cosmetic stuff like new costumes (which it does), but it also makes your character have more abilities or stronger abilities, which gives you an advantage over players with lower level. There are f***loads of bugs, ranging from the harmless ones, like text errors or wrong messages (says you have to defend, when you really have to attack etc) to those annoying and gamebreaking, like game suddenly losing sound, crashing or you cannot see other players. The netcode is really terrible too. You will lagg even with a decent internet connection, even if you wont, the game will still run so clunky that you will feel as you did. With slow internet, forget about multiplayer, the game will be unplayable, stick to playing with bots. But dont worry, you wont loose much, because even in the multi you will meet more AI bots than real players. And the AI in this game stand for Artifical Idiocy. Its as if they was purposedly coded to be so dumb, so that you can easily tell its a bot, and not a person with a brain. Talking about stupid, lets talk about the whole S.M.A.R.T. thing, which is basically climbing and jumping over fences. Sure thats cool, because it gives you more movement freedom than most games, but you wont use it that often anyway, except to gett from spawn point to the battlefield. First of all, you almost cant do any of this stuff with heavy body (which is the most efficient in combat), second, you cant shoot when doing all those tricks, making you an easy target, and thrid, the maps are not really designed for this, as you mostly fight indoors, but even on streetfights you wont be able to climp on a building and jump over roofs (like in the trailer). Also the weapons in the game are really boring, all you have are machineguns with diffirent skin and slightly diffirent stats. There are also few otherweapon types but they seem to be significantly weaker than the machineguns, so everyone just uses machineguns (which i personally hate). Overall, Brink is a game that looks good and promising, but has so many flaws that i just can't give it anything close to a positive rating, even if i wanted to. Expand
  65. Aug 30, 2011
    Best movement out of any game ever played! The limitations of the environment are gone. Vaulting, jumping, scaling walls and then popping your opponents in the face. sliding on the ground while gunning down an objective carrier. Amazing gun sounds and fantastic maps. The customization gives you a unique look and lets you know who is friend and who is foe. The only downside I could giveBest movement out of any game ever played! The limitations of the environment are gone. Vaulting, jumping, scaling walls and then popping your opponents in the face. sliding on the ground while gunning down an objective carrier. Amazing gun sounds and fantastic maps. The customization gives you a unique look and lets you know who is friend and who is foe. The only downside I could give this game is the lack of content available. 8 playable maps at start that can grow stale after a few rounds on the same one for hours. However that should not be why you shouldn't add this to your library. A good match is not a rare occurrence. Whether AI or PvP, each match never plays out the same. Expand
  66. Aug 19, 2011
    BRINK seemed fun as I was playing it, but I realized how unoriginal and sloppy it was later on. A LOT of the elements of the game was taken from the EXCELLENT Dystopia mod for Half-Life 2. The shooting felt like Call of Duty except without camping. The multiple objectives was like Section 8 except some of them are needed to win and some aren't important at all. The worst part is that thereBRINK seemed fun as I was playing it, but I realized how unoriginal and sloppy it was later on. A LOT of the elements of the game was taken from the EXCELLENT Dystopia mod for Half-Life 2. The shooting felt like Call of Duty except without camping. The multiple objectives was like Section 8 except some of them are needed to win and some aren't important at all. The worst part is that there are very limited maps, and very few encourage the neat Parkour system they have. It would be worth it if it were $10-15, but at $50, it is not worth it at all. Expand
  67. Aug 10, 2011
    I'm giving it a 10 to boost it to 8 where it deserves. I think there is some moblike attitude about this game.

To be honest for the first 30 min of game I was like.. oh man this game sucks it's true. But I gave it more time. After a couple of hours I was hooked. It's very dynamic. The running is very natural and lifelike unlike many games... the parkour is amazing and you can glide naturally through the level.

People are bashing it just because everyone bashed it in the first place. I played on my desktop and it run amazingly fluid with no hickups no bugs no issues whatsoever and no lag. The multiplayer is dynamic and engaging. I don't like some of the objectives and how they are executed but after you get used to the gameplay it's extremely rewarding to see a team work togheter.

So really invest some time in it. Forget all the hype and see it for what it is : a TF2 type of game with a great heart at the core and a story that at first seems superficial actually has some depth to it and raises some issues.

6.3 right now it's unfair and seems there is a agenda to bash the game rather than a true objective scoring.
  68. Aug 7, 2011
    I'll be honest: as it stands, I'm going to say that this game deserves a better rating than it got. I totally understand that when you buy a product, you expect that product will hold up to the standards that you were sold. And when it doesn't, no doubt there will be huge disappointment. But with games nowadays, especially with PC games, the game you get on day one will definitely changeI'll be honest: as it stands, I'm going to say that this game deserves a better rating than it got. I totally understand that when you buy a product, you expect that product will hold up to the standards that you were sold. And when it doesn't, no doubt there will be huge disappointment. But with games nowadays, especially with PC games, the game you get on day one will definitely change to try to meet those standards when the situation calls for it. And looking at all the reviews from before, I can definitely say this is one of those cases. Brink is worth revisiting, especially if you can grab it on sale. In all honesty, the gameplay is great, the class and ability system is awesome, the customization has depth, so for me this game is definitely a 9/10. I've had a blast playing with it! Now should you get this game? Do your homework first: find out what bugs there currently are, and just make an informed decision based on that as best you can. I personally don't seem to be having any problems, certainly nothing game breaking, but just be informed before you buy! Expand
  69. Aug 7, 2011
    I was excited about trying out brink during the 1 day trial over the weekend. The trailer looked interesting the graphics looked amazing and the gameplay looked fun. After downloading and playing for a couple of hours I realized the game was horrible. Gameplay where shooting someone doesn't hurt them enough to kill them seems really fake. While running the wiggling gun in front of meI was excited about trying out brink during the 1 day trial over the weekend. The trailer looked interesting the graphics looked amazing and the gameplay looked fun. After downloading and playing for a couple of hours I realized the game was horrible. Gameplay where shooting someone doesn't hurt them enough to kill them seems really fake. While running the wiggling gun in front of me and the interface that showed up on the screen made me think somehow I was driving a mechwarrior of somekind that didn't function very good. I had very little sense of danger and yet I kept getting knocked down by bullets to be revived again by my team or respawn at the respawn. Progress in the game was like an illusion because guys flashed in up down and around me there was no continuity in their actions. Dying was about as bad as living. I'm so glad I didn't buy this game it is horrible. I'd rather play Counterstrike forever than this game for an hour. What a hoax do not buy it. You will be very disappointed if you've played another shooter before. Expand
  70. Aug 7, 2011
    No, this game is horrible. Don't bother wasting your money on it. It's a typical shooter with decent graphics, and lackluster missions (holding a button to accomplish objectives). I don't see how other gamers can give this game such a high score, honestly. There are many bugs in this game, it takes and infuriatingly long time to kill someone, it takes almost two clips to drop someone, andNo, this game is horrible. Don't bother wasting your money on it. It's a typical shooter with decent graphics, and lackluster missions (holding a button to accomplish objectives). I don't see how other gamers can give this game such a high score, honestly. There are many bugs in this game, it takes and infuriatingly long time to kill someone, it takes almost two clips to drop someone, and the story is unbelievably bad. This is by far the worst video game I've played this summer, and I've played many. If you want a couple hours of FPS fun, then give this game a shot. Otherwise, after the first few hours, the repetitiveness of the game play and mediocre shooting mechanics will set in, and you'll want to opt for a more fun shooter, like Team Fortress 2! Expand
  71. Aug 7, 2011
    I'm really surprised by so many of the mediocre/bad reviews... They just aren't accurate for everybody apparently. I have an ATI 6850 and it runs perfect with no lag, glitches, at highest settings. I haven't run in to any bugs or lag yet, and I really hate just about anything that might come between me and immersion. This game successfully mixes a similar feel to movement and controls fromI'm really surprised by so many of the mediocre/bad reviews... They just aren't accurate for everybody apparently. I have an ATI 6850 and it runs perfect with no lag, glitches, at highest settings. I haven't run in to any bugs or lag yet, and I really hate just about anything that might come between me and immersion. This game successfully mixes a similar feel to movement and controls from Call of Duty with some entertaining parkour-style moves and a futuristic utopia environment from Mirror's Edge, and similar class/appearance options and team objectives from Team Fortress to come up with one of the best shooters I've played in years. I also love the ongoing campaign of the two factions vying for control. My biggest complaint is how I don't see myself playing much else as long as this is available. Expand
  72. Aug 6, 2011
    Lack of subtitles has turned me away from playing this game. Thank you Steam for the free weekend. Thanks to Steam, I can legally play the game for free only to discover that there is no subititles at all. Also the menu system is extremely confusing. How about a simple "single player", Multiplayer, options, exit and not the messy menu they have now?

I'm a TF2 player (with the TF2 CC mod)

I'm a TF2 player (with the TF2 CC mod) so I know what MP is all about.
  73. Aug 6, 2011
    Overall The Game Is unique with character customization, Weapon classes, and perks. Challenges are fun to kill time and the campaign is pretty fun. Its a lot difference from any other FPS game. Multi-player is where it gets iffy..... It`s basically single player but instead of bots there are real players and there are still bots thrown in unless you find the option to get rid of them(oldOverall The Game Is unique with character customization, Weapon classes, and perks. Challenges are fun to kill time and the campaign is pretty fun. Its a lot difference from any other FPS game. Multi-player is where it gets iffy..... It`s basically single player but instead of bots there are real players and there are still bots thrown in unless you find the option to get rid of them(old school mode). You also have to deal with the bad servers. Even with a decent connection you will get lag. Expand
  74. Aug 6, 2011
    The inbred cross-breed of Modern Warfare 2 and M.A.G, utilizing the "best" aspects of both, and failing at them terribly. A useless reward system and XP given for simply doing what you are supposed to. Firefights which basically involve you standing five feet away from your opponent, aiming at their upper body, spraying, reloading, and spraying their corpse. Annoying, jagged, boringThe inbred cross-breed of Modern Warfare 2 and M.A.G, utilizing the "best" aspects of both, and failing at them terribly. A useless reward system and XP given for simply doing what you are supposed to. Firefights which basically involve you standing five feet away from your opponent, aiming at their upper body, spraying, reloading, and spraying their corpse. Annoying, jagged, boring gameplay at best. It feels like you are grinding -- in a first person shooter. Supposedly the entire world revolves around an area called "The Ark", a megacity the size of Manhattan, contained within three square miles or so. Usual communist backstory about how there is an uprising. You get to choose your faction with an extremely vague: "Save The Ark, Escape The Ark". That's pretty much all the depth you are going to get in terms of backstory, and that is extrapolated from a series of very uninspired cutscenes, barring the inital introduction with clay figurines. Do not spend your money or encourage Bethesda to continue producing absolute garbage like this. The entire game is basically an extremely expensive "Look, we can do it too!" by Bethesda. I seriously can't believe they bought ID Software. You know, the guys that gave birth to the genre, and perhaps the entire PC gaming industry. Doom, Quake, ring a bell? Yeah. They're owned by Bethesda now. Expand
  75. Aug 5, 2011
    its just not a good game, the textures are really crappy, the gameplay is horribly imbalanced in favour of defence, loads of pointless guns, pointless weight classes. I really find it hard to believe that this is made by the same people as ET:W and ET:QW two absolutely awesome games and this is just garbage, if they made the objectives at least feel worthwhile it may have been better butits just not a good game, the textures are really crappy, the gameplay is horribly imbalanced in favour of defence, loads of pointless guns, pointless weight classes. I really find it hard to believe that this is made by the same people as ET:W and ET:QW two absolutely awesome games and this is just garbage, if they made the objectives at least feel worthwhile it may have been better but as it is it is just very very bland. Expand
  76. Aug 5, 2011
    Not a terrible game but for some reason the gameplay feels cheesy/clunky. My favorite part was the opening cutscene - reminded me of the opening to Game of Thrones. =) Nothing wrong with the graphics - great texturing and the models are charicature style. Not a lot of customization to be done for video settings and definitely feels like a port from a console version. This is worthNot a terrible game but for some reason the gameplay feels cheesy/clunky. My favorite part was the opening cutscene - reminded me of the opening to Game of Thrones. =) Nothing wrong with the graphics - great texturing and the models are charicature style. Not a lot of customization to be done for video settings and definitely feels like a port from a console version. This is worth $10-15 maybe, but you know what? Lead & Gold/Team Fortress gameplay (to me) feels far more solid and they're super cheap and free respectively. Expand
  77. Aug 5, 2011
    Brink is the type of game that makes you so mad you smash your keyboard and never play it again. The shooting mechanics are rubbish, the hit detection is even worse, and the AI is SO STUPID it's infuriating. Oh, and the level design is horrible and the overall graphics are a mess. And the jumping parkour stuff doesn't work half the time. I tried Brink over the Steam free weekend, but trustBrink is the type of game that makes you so mad you smash your keyboard and never play it again. The shooting mechanics are rubbish, the hit detection is even worse, and the AI is SO STUPID it's infuriating. Oh, and the level design is horrible and the overall graphics are a mess. And the jumping parkour stuff doesn't work half the time. I tried Brink over the Steam free weekend, but trust me, free is still too much to pay. I love FPS games but Brink is TOTAL RUBBISH. Haven't played a game this bad in ages...never again, never again. I give it a 2 because it at least doesn't crash... Expand
  78. Aug 5, 2011
    I downloaded it for the Tf2 content to be honest,but i realized it LOOKED nice,but was disappointed to see that the words were barely readable,I couldn't tell what to do.It might be o.k. if it finally decides to work right now it's just slow and takes up room on my computer...and you don't get the tf2 item anyways because I don't really own it to begin with,it was just a game of theI downloaded it for the Tf2 content to be honest,but i realized it LOOKED nice,but was disappointed to see that the words were barely readable,I couldn't tell what to do.It might be o.k. if it finally decides to work right now it's just slow and takes up room on my computer...and you don't get the tf2 item anyways because I don't really own it to begin with,it was just a game of the week.And it turns out to be on 3D mode.It might be o.k. though. Expand
  79. Aug 4, 2011
    Well, lets begin with the good things.
    The character creation is just fantastic, beautiful.
    And that was the good point. So the bad points are: Classes:You don't have a specific class, ok, somewhere you have, but it are always the same weapons! and the i have a stupid blue screen EVERYTIME i play online. Even many times offline. I don't know or it was becouse i played BRINK in the
    Well, lets begin with the good things.
    The character creation is just fantastic, beautiful.
    And that was the good point.
    So the bad points are:
    and the i have a stupid blue screen EVERYTIME i play online.
    Even many times offline.
    I don't know or it was becouse i played BRINK in the free weekend of steam.
    But in my eyes, this game is one of the most worthless games i've ever played.
  80. Aug 3, 2011
    A real great game! I've stayed away from FPS for a log time now as they were all the same No so with BRINK. I've never had ANY issues (PC). The team base system is a great idea and rewards you for helping your team and completing objectives. No more running in and shooting or spamming grenades for wins. The park tour style is killer you really aren't restricted. Climb, slide and battleA real great game! I've stayed away from FPS for a log time now as they were all the same No so with BRINK. I've never had ANY issues (PC). The team base system is a great idea and rewards you for helping your team and completing objectives. No more running in and shooting or spamming grenades for wins. The park tour style is killer you really aren't restricted. Climb, slide and battle your way to a win. Grab some friends and have a great time. Expand
  81. Jul 31, 2011
    Like many people I know, my expectations were high for this game. Then I bought the game. What worth there might be in the game is burried through repetitive gameplay. It's like Team Fortress 2, only without the fun and humor. Now that TF2 is free, I recommend downloading it before you even consider this game.
  82. Jul 25, 2011
    I was very excited for this game and was dissapointed when it released.however they were on to something with the ideas they had the whole game felt broken.the multiplayer was constanly leggy,the bots were not fully functioning and the whole free running thing did not work.however at some points the multiplayer would be fun and the character custamization was cool.every gun almost felt theI was very excited for this game and was dissapointed when it released.however they were on to something with the ideas they had the whole game felt broken.the multiplayer was constanly leggy,the bots were not fully functioning and the whole free running thing did not work.however at some points the multiplayer would be fun and the character custamization was cool.every gun almost felt the same to me witch i did not like.i would not reccomend playing this game but if they could fix all these problems the game could be very fun but that may take a whole new game to do that. Expand
  83. Jul 13, 2011
    Last night I had one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, thanks to Brink. It's really awesome when you play this game online with 3 or more other friends, believe me. Excellent teamwork is required to win a match, that's what makes this game a REAL multiplayer game. I just love to play Brink together with friends, and I'm not gonna stop loving that.
  84. Jul 6, 2011
    I never paid much attention to pre-release hype, so perhaps my more positive outlook on the game stems partially from not having the opportunity for hype-based let-down. I was fortunate enough to get the game after a couple patches, so I was spared the early rough spot.

That being said, it's overall a solid, but not great shooter. It's a lot of fun online; I've very rarely been frustrated while playing without having had a bad day prior to firing it up, which is something I can't say about most online shooters. While the SP mode certainly doesn't stand up on its own(especially not the Security campaign, being a sight more difficult with AI teammates than Resistance), and I'm usually strongly against games that require MP interaction to enjoy, the fact that story (light as it was) and meaning was given behind what you were doing gives it a lot more appeal to me than MP shooters whereby "they're shooting at me so I should shoot at them!" or "they're from a different faction/nation, I should shoot them!" is all the reason you're given to do anything. Also, the "tf2 clone!" argument is just silly. Would you consider Battlefield Heroes or Monday Night Combat "tf2 clones" if they were in first person? Stylized class based objective MP shooter does not a tf2 clone make.

Onto specifics, having gotten rid of the "tl;dr" in paragraph 2(assuming the review posting maintains format):

Graphics: Not mindblowing by any means, and with an odd color palette, but it shows that ID Tech IV (the engine that originated with and powered Doom 3 back in 2004) is still a usable engine in this day and age. (ID Tech III is still being used with CoD and Source is still being used by Valve, so engine age is a non-issue.) I can't comment too much further as due to my hardware I'm capped at 720p medium settings with all effects but VSYNC and Motion blur shut off.

Gameplay: Shooting is a nice change of pace from the CoD-esque "everything's laser-accurate" system of modern games, requiring burst firing and intelligent usage of your weapon's given range to hit targets accurately. Objectives are fairly simple, but take enough time that teamwork or good subterfuge are required to get them done. Shame they mostly involve escorting or holding down the action button. On the plus side, k/d is completely irrelevant, so no need for some sorry fool to hop into a game to do a lot of killing and nothing else because nobody's going to see the stats. It's something that should be implemented into all competitive objective modes of games. The "parkour" system surely leaves a lot to be desired for fans of parkour, but sliding and climbing around (+ wall jumping for light body types) are workable enough and lead to good ways to get out of dodge when need be. I would have preferred normal jumping height to not be so terrible, though. Command posts offer a nice way to add a little extra buff to your entire team, if you can be bothered to stray away from the main objective long enough to capture one.

Maps: I've saved the gameplay elements that apply specifically to maps for here. Nothing mindblowing in terms of detail, but they serve the job well. Objectives presented on the maps tend to fall into the whole "variation on a theme" deal, but for the most part feel different enough from map to map. The main flaw of the maps, and subsequently the game, in my opinion... is the "choke-point" focus. Security is likely to like Reactor and Security Tower while Resistance is likely to like maps like Container City. Why? It's easy to stop the other team at a certain point on each map for either a very long time or for the rest of the match. While decent/competent teams (even as random players as opposed to a party of friends) can easily break these eventually, less focused and/or "bot-filled" teams can get stuck and demoralized very easily. I hope the map packs fix this error.

I give the game as a whole about an 82 or 83 out of 100. (Rounded to 8 out of 10.) Not amazing or mindblowing, but a solid and fun shooter. I just wish it were easier to find a server with good ping AND people actually playing it.
  85. Jul 6, 2011
  86. Jul 5, 2011
    i have played it.it is so awesome....i can customize the character with an awesome stuff.....
    i can customized the weapon too.which is awesome. i always play it...i would say this is the best multiplayer game.i like cod too.but i like brink better.cuz i always like this game...
  87. Jun 28, 2011
    This is a good game, contrary to it's metascore. But, of course, you have to be in the right mood for it. If you're all about taking showers of bullets without a blink, or seeing kill/death ratios, then don't bother. However, if you're in the mood for run-and-gun gameplay, team tactics that discourage individual tactics, high movement freedoms, and not taking THAT many bullets, then sureThis is a good game, contrary to it's metascore. But, of course, you have to be in the right mood for it. If you're all about taking showers of bullets without a blink, or seeing kill/death ratios, then don't bother. However, if you're in the mood for run-and-gun gameplay, team tactics that discourage individual tactics, high movement freedoms, and not taking THAT many bullets, then sure as hell: buy this game.

On the console, this game is pretty good. It has several control schemes from different popular games (Mastered CoD/Halo/Killzone/L4D/Gears controls? They have that scheme) to ensure there's less confusion at the start of the game getting used to controls. And even IF you haven't played one of those, the controls are nigh fully customizable. The S.M.A.R.T controls are easy to learn, and easy to master, making moving all over the place entirely simple, teaching your opponents to look up if they want to live. The objectives are simple enough that a total newbie can figure out what to do, and the objective wheel has become a lifesaver to me, making sure I'm never lost and even rewarding me for just standing next to an objective-required ally.

With the weapons being fully customizable, without the limitations of CoD (you don't need a special perk to have a red dot sight, muzzle break, speed sling, duct-tape magazine, and underslung grenade launcher on your assault rifle), you feel like its YOUR gun, not a preset the game gives you, with every attachment affecting the gun in many ways (the muzzle break adds damage, but makes you easier to spot on radar when you fire, as well as reducing accuracy slightly). Your appearance is customizable (sadly, not everything is unlocked at once, but that only increases it's replay value), making you feel very unique on the battlefield, rather than a uniformed mute. The accents are a cute addition, further adding personality to your avatar, and can sometimes be a hilarious addition (imagine a paper-white guy, with war paint on his face, spouting in a rasta accent "I'm taking the health command post!").

The body types were a wonderful addition, changing the way I played for the better. I was never all about the tanking unit, taking several shots before going down, walking at a snails pace, and holding huge weapons without being affected. I was more about traveling light, moving swiftly along the battlefield, trying not to be shot instead of gritting my teeth through the maelstrom. Though I don't play as heavy, it's rather cool to see a big guy walking on the battlefield, backed up by several medium builds, and two of the anorexic and lightning fast light builds.

The buffs are a wonderful choice taken from BC2 and TF2, rewarding teamwork. For example, the medic gets experience for healing his allies, healing takes a few moments, and a good medic can change the tide of battle. Though they can heal themselves, it takes longer than normal, grants no experience, and is subject to a cooldown period, making it a wiser decision to help others than help yourself. It is further aided by special abilities like Metabolism boost (decreases time necessary to regenerate own health) being unable to be given to oneself. My only complaint is that the Operative has no abilities to directly aid his allies. Sure, he can use Comms Hack to have every enemy appear on the radar for a short time, but that doesn't DIRECTLY help anyone, which is a shame, but it reminds you that the Operative is an individual unit, love it or lump it.

Sure, the AI for singleplayer is terrible, but isn't that to be expected? Look at the AI for the bots in CSS, or the coding for the random enemies in CoD, or other FPS, and it's to be expected that AI for these games will never replace a human in a game like this. I will point out that the number of maps is dreadfully small, and the gamemodes are fairly minimal, but apparently the first bit of Brink DLC will add to these two, and I can't wait for it.

There are negatives to this game, but they CAN be overlooked in the sense of the game being quite addictive. Now, some of it should be fixed, though. One major complaint for balancing is that the abilities you can purchase are unlimited, so you can purchase and USE every perk by the time you reach a high enough level. This will likely mean that every high ranker will have incredibly useful stuff, without much balancing. Just as well, grenades taking from your supply meter as a medic makes me hesitant to ever throw one as it could be better spent bringing someone back to their feet, but I know it's all in the name of balancing. I don't know how the computer version measures up to the console version as of yet, but I can foresee that most of it will be similar, save for controls and graphics.

All in all, Brink is a game worth buying (maybe not for $50 US...but still worth a try). My best advice for enjoying this game, have a friend play it with you online.
  88. Jun 27, 2011
    How do i get my money back ?

Ouch..... i feel like i was scammed into this game by a dumb friend ... ewww

graphics might of been okay but the game play was boring and felt like it had all been done before.
  89. Jun 26, 2011
    I think this is a good, solid solid FPS. It is a bit short for the money, but I have experienced no bugs as of yet and the gameplay is quite good. And, while most people who have played things like Call of Duty can't handle the amount of teamwork this game requires, I find it to be an improvement over that style of game. I also favor the objective-based style rather than the usualI think this is a good, solid solid FPS. It is a bit short for the money, but I have experienced no bugs as of yet and the gameplay is quite good. And, while most people who have played things like Call of Duty can't handle the amount of teamwork this game requires, I find it to be an improvement over that style of game. I also favor the objective-based style rather than the usual "kill-anything-that-moves" style we see so often, as it gives a sense of actually getting somewhere. Expand
  90. Jun 26, 2011
    Brink is not finished yet; I am still waiting for a patch. There are many issues witch destroy the fairly good gameplay experience. Brink has, despite the average graphics, a very bad performance and there are many bugs which are not fixed yet. Bethesda announced that the first DLC (which will release before the first real patch) will be free. Free for 2 weeks, as added later. Again, theBrink is not finished yet; I am still waiting for a patch. There are many issues witch destroy the fairly good gameplay experience. Brink has, despite the average graphics, a very bad performance and there are many bugs which are not fixed yet. Bethesda announced that the first DLC (which will release before the first real patch) will be free. Free for 2 weeks, as added later. Again, the developers focus on new content instead of the elimination of the problems. The character customization options are good, but the upgrading system for the classes is messed up. I advise against the purchase of this game. Expand
  91. Jun 26, 2011
    Brink is another example of a "could of been". Everything the game teased at offering during its pre-release period turned out to be mediocre and lacked any real polish. Now, I have been PC gaming for a long time, and I don't expect any new title to come out perfect. But Brink felt like to me like a game that had high hopes but when reality, budget, staff and producers came into playBrink is another example of a "could of been". Everything the game teased at offering during its pre-release period turned out to be mediocre and lacked any real polish. Now, I have been PC gaming for a long time, and I don't expect any new title to come out perfect. But Brink felt like to me like a game that had high hopes but when reality, budget, staff and producers came into play they took the easy road and just fell back on the old standards that, in most of their teaser trailers they were looking to bend or break. The combat system is fairly basic, the much anticipated movement system is interesting but level design limits its practicality to an almost laughable level. Weapon types don't add anything to game play and have more effect on "style" then they do with the out come of a battle. Class types are next to near pointless and are only really used to drive the "mission" system which is at the core, one of the most disappointing aspects of the game. Classes them selves only fit a small niche in the game and aside from minor if not irritating objectives that drag game play along the class system it self feels more like an after thought then a in depth system. A better choice would have been creating an inventory system forcing players to carry possible tools that may be needed to achieve objects (creating a reason to go back to the hubs); On top of that create a random generated object/mission system that changes each round, creating a more dynamic game play system that feels makes you pay attention and or work as a team. "Good" rounds are few and far between as team work is lost in the mayhem of game play and is quickly broken with the respawn times that are global rather then player based. This leads most players to just throw them selves at the objective like moths to a flame; rather then work together. Maps are small enough so respawning is in most cases quicker then waiting for a medic, which in turn further breaks the class system. All in all the game is very basic, everything it tried to do ends up feeling lost in the chaos; and the chaos it self ends up being boring after a short period of time. You can feel elements borrowed from other titles like TF2, COD, BF; but no real improvement on any of the systems or game play elements that taken from these other games. What you are left with a watered down game that is rusty and full of holes just like the very Ark its supposed to take place on. And lefts face it, with a little stucco, a new paint job and some duct tape, you might just be able to make it a beautiful place again. But more then likely its just going to sit there and rust. I can tell you with no doubt in my heart that I won't be investing any more time unless the "upgrades" are free. DLC for a broken game is a crime. Expand
  92. Jun 25, 2011
    Single player is essentially nonexistent. The only single player are essentially bot matches, but they also do a good job of portraying the story even when you're playing multiplayer. I generally play FPS for the multiplayer aspect anyway. Brink isn't very special. While I'm glad that it's an objective-based team game, many times it feels like there's nothing that you can do to helpSingle player is essentially nonexistent. The only single player are essentially bot matches, but they also do a good job of portraying the story even when you're playing multiplayer. I generally play FPS for the multiplayer aspect anyway. Brink isn't very special. While I'm glad that it's an objective-based team game, many times it feels like there's nothing that you can do to help your team win and stalemates often turn into team deathmatch (without kills being worth anything). I bought this game on a whim and I regret spending every penny. It's not a horrid game by any means, but it doesn't refresh the FPS genre like it claims to. The character editing is pretty cool I guess, but has no real effect on gameplay and is simply an aesthetic ploy for your money. Expand
  93. Jun 24, 2011
    The developers of Brink, Splash Damage - have tried to create a game in which rewards teamwork, selfless play, and co-ordination. Social class actions like handing out ammo, buffing a team-mates health and increasing players weapon damage are ways in which players can ensure their team-mates have an advantage in combat. To further accentuate team-play, Splash Damage have put a clamp onThe developers of Brink, Splash Damage - have tried to create a game in which rewards teamwork, selfless play, and co-ordination. Social class actions like handing out ammo, buffing a team-mates health and increasing players weapon damage are ways in which players can ensure their team-mates have an advantage in combat. To further accentuate team-play, Splash Damage have put a clamp on all the skill based aspects of shooters in Brink. What this essentially means is that as a player, you cannot shoot your way out of trouble.. You cannot carry your team with Kobe Bryant like shooting skills, because if there was room for skill-full play - there would not be any reliance on team-mates. So how have they lowered skill ceiling? They have introduced ridiculous spread and recoil values to all their weapons. Each weapon's clip is reduced to the point where there is only enough ammo for killing one player at full health. On top of that, as mentioned in the first paragraph - if a player has a weapon damage buff and you dont - the player with the buff is likely to come out on top. As a result of the design, combat becomes an insipid part of this shooter.

To conclude - Brink is a lovely game in theory, however in practice when the rose coloured glasses are taken off, its clear that it fails to deliver.
  94. Jun 23, 2011
    Brink is meant to be played multiplayer. I'm into a lot of shooters and I must say that you don't really appreciate Brink until you get back into another shooter (Battlefield, ARMA, OP Flashpoint, Unreal...) and get stuck trying to hop over a tiny rock as someone headshots you as you are pounding the jump key. It is THEN where you appreciate the innovation Brink brings to the Shooter. TheBrink is meant to be played multiplayer. I'm into a lot of shooters and I must say that you don't really appreciate Brink until you get back into another shooter (Battlefield, ARMA, OP Flashpoint, Unreal...) and get stuck trying to hop over a tiny rock as someone headshots you as you are pounding the jump key. It is THEN where you appreciate the innovation Brink brings to the Shooter. The collecting is fun, there are lots of nifty little addons for your weapons and equipment. The navigation through the maps can be a little aggravating if you are still new to the game, however the Single player mode will provide you with some time to get used to the areas. The bots are... bots... nothing new.
    I do like this game, and yes there are a few minor bugs but Bethesda is a company that does provide frequent updates and has yet to leave a game to rot. I did expect to be more options in character design, but as it stands there is just enough options to keep most people from looking like clones... barely. The graphics are awesome for a multiplayer game (playing on PC) Brink is like a gang-war and the new character-moves add a lot more to the combat, and as you play and unlock more stuff, you can use the skinny version of yourself to do a lot more zipping across the arenas. It is a game that gives you more as you play it. I give it a 10 because of the intelligent moving system, awesome graphics, and worthwhile advancements as you unlock stuff. Its a multiplayer that does what it was designed for, and adds some cool stuff you don't see in other Shooters.
  95. Jun 23, 2011
    Releasing an unfinished game, too many bugs, bad ping from one player can cause the whole team to lag. Not even close to being good enough for competitive play. Wasted 50â
  96. Jun 19, 2011
    Brink is a game I wanted to love so much. Pre-ordered it on Steam. How I wish I haven't. IF YOU HAVE AN ATI CARD, FORGET ABOUT THIS GAME.. Or at least, I, among many ATI owners, are currently suffering with this game. I advise you not to pick it up, at least not for now.. I envy you Deific since you seems to be among the rare gamers running it smooth.. FYI, I own a 5870.. Even with driverBrink is a game I wanted to love so much. Pre-ordered it on Steam. How I wish I haven't. IF YOU HAVE AN ATI CARD, FORGET ABOUT THIS GAME.. Or at least, I, among many ATI owners, are currently suffering with this game. I advise you not to pick it up, at least not for now.. I envy you Deific since you seems to be among the rare gamers running it smooth.. FYI, I own a 5870.. Even with driver hotfix 11.5a,b,11.6 and latest game patch, the game still suffers considerably when it comes to frame rates, having sharp decreases and increases for no reason.. Engine feels unfinished. (mind you my system played Crysis 2 & Buletstorm at 1080p high fidelity without any significant problem) The graphics are weak, very weak. Art style is amazing only. Gameplay? shooting is dull (no recoil?), guns feel all the same, objectives are "classic", boring and repetitive and your character runs awkwardly. SMART system is forgettable and not really cleverly implemented.. Gunplay, again, doesn't feel as tight as it should feel. Offline gameplay is dull. This is interesting for online coop only. I didn't really have the experience to invest plenty of hours in the game (~5 hours) since it's barely playable but what a disappointment in the couple of hours I have played. I dont want to mention the nightmare when it comes to online gaming: lag, sound issue, matchmaking etc. So much hype, so much noise, so much style.. Shame, the game couldn't follow.. Expand
  97. Jun 17, 2011
    The story ending makes it seem like there is to be a Brink 2. I hope there is. But if they do it I hope it's a lot more varied with more depth of game play (not just in terms of story perspectives).

More specifically, I like what this game tries to do by combining types of game play (single player story + multi-player + shooter + leveling + parkour + team fortress) and the taking sides in a story with plenty of gray-area. However, in the end I was bored. The different character weights and classes didn't feel different enough; the depth just wasn't there so the differences felt hollow. I played through the campaigns from both perspectives, the extra missions, the training levels (all to 3 stars), and lots online. I felt like it took forever to level up to level 20. And with all the stuff in the game it never felt varied enough to keep me truly interested.
  98. Jun 15, 2011
    Brink isn't a bad game, but it has flaws that hamper the experience for me. Terrible performance, even after the patch (with my pretty good mid range gaming PC), way too repetitive level designs (even for me, who can take linear areas easily and not get bored), overlly generous experience rewards, and a kind of disappointment that settles in slowly over time after you defend the game toothBrink isn't a bad game, but it has flaws that hamper the experience for me. Terrible performance, even after the patch (with my pretty good mid range gaming PC), way too repetitive level designs (even for me, who can take linear areas easily and not get bored), overlly generous experience rewards, and a kind of disappointment that settles in slowly over time after you defend the game tooth and nail after buying it.

This isn't like Duke Nukem Forever, which is a game I will defend tooth and nail because I am shocked at how NOT GOD AWFUL that game is. But for Brink, it just slowly lost it's fun factor over time, and I no longer am willing to play it, sadly. I understand what the designers went for, and it works for the most part; but even the over the top shooting or weapons can't fix the terrible performance issues that make the experience feel slow and drawn out. Maybe after I get that ATI 11.6 driver update that's supposed to improve the performance, then maybe I will give this game a try. But for now, it's a curious game that I will play occassionally and only cautiously reccomend.
  99. Jun 15, 2011
    It's what should be delicious mix between Team Fortress 2, Mirrors Edge and Modern Warfare, but comes out with more flaws than abject genius, and is not as good as any of the above.
  100. Jun 13, 2011
    This is an excellent multiplayer FPS, and surprisingly it's still interesting to play solo, contrary to what some say. I have an NVidia card, so I never had any issues with the game, and I heard that a lot, if not all, of the ATI issues have been patched. However, for once there is a game with objectives, not a low-brow FPS which only require to have the maximum kill count. Plus theThis is an excellent multiplayer FPS, and surprisingly it's still interesting to play solo, contrary to what some say. I have an NVidia card, so I never had any issues with the game, and I heard that a lot, if not all, of the ATI issues have been patched. However, for once there is a game with objectives, not a low-brow FPS which only require to have the maximum kill count. Plus the objectives are dynamic, they change during one game, and they are not symetric, so playing in each of the sides is very different. The ability to choose your character and customize the weapons is great too, because as always you can't have the best of all, you have to choose. This is by far the best multiplayer game in my game library with TF2 and Left 4 Dead 1/2 (which are very different). Expand
  101. May 10, 2011
    What can I say, I love this game. Is it like any other game on the market? Bits from here and pieces from there. What is great about Brink is that it pulls in aspects from so many other games and puts it into an amazing package. Coming from a RTCW and ET background, no other game has come close to filling in the void that my first real game has created. Finally something has come to fitWhat can I say, I love this game. Is it like any other game on the market? Bits from here and pieces from there. What is great about Brink is that it pulls in aspects from so many other games and puts it into an amazing package. Coming from a RTCW and ET background, no other game has come close to filling in the void that my first real game has created. Finally something has come to fit the bill. What you have here is a team based game. Maps are driven by objectives instead of kills and each person is vital in some way to the success of the team. Add in fast movements and actual gunfights that don't end from a single bullet and you start to see what Brink offers. Definitely a great buy for me. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    Brink is destined to be a cult classic (on PC), for us fans of Quake Wars. Has no single player value but high entry difficulty due to tight team focus and sprawling maps. Good, but not nearly as damn good as Quake Wars. I like Brink but it is no wonder that most gamers don't. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 26, 2011
    Who would have thought that this highly ambitious concept would turn out to be such a bland game?
  3. PC Games (Russia)
    Jun 24, 2011
    Brink's unique visual style and great customization options save the day. Although its core gameplay needs some polishing, it's a solid multiplayer-only experience nevertheless. [July 2011, p.81]