BROFORCE PC

8.0

1. Mar 3, 2016
    To enjoy this game, you must:

A) accept it as dumb, mindless, repetitive fun, and B) realize that it's not a love letter to American action movies (as IGN describes it), but rather a satirical view of America's foreign interventions. In this game, there's quite a bit of anti-American sentiment, and missing that is missing a rather big point the developers were trying to make. This
    To enjoy this game, you must:

A) accept it as dumb, mindless, repetitive fun, and

This is very evident in the level descriptions, where America is portrayed as xenophobic, warmongering, and politically inept. Here are examples:

"Iraqistan? F#$k Iraqistan. Americanize them!" (--Obviously a reference to Operation Iraqi Freedom)

"The people from this country look, speak, and act differently than we do. We've gotta move fast!"

"Yourkraine? More like OURkraine." (sic)

"Something something bipartisanship something something unilateral action."

As an American, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this. I actually think it's hilarious. Just pointing out that we're not in on the joke here; we are the joke.

Gameplay wise, it's fun but best with a party. Some of the character abilities arent well balanced (Indiana BROnes is useless), but overall pretty varied and interesting. I particularly enjoyed the desperate attempt to fit a "bro" into names that can't possibly be used for that pun, such as Ellen Ripley.
  2. Aug 9, 2014
    It's an awesome game for fan of action movies. This game is badass, fun, laughable and easy!! :p It's not a die and try but just a nice retro game accessible to all!! (the hardcore mod is accessible in the options)
    However: the price is too expensive :( 14$ for some hours. Even it's fun, it stay repetitive after 5-6h.
    But this game is very very nice for the speed-run so ... ps: playing
    But this game is very very nice for the speed-run so ...
    ps: playing with a controller is better than the keyboard but this one stay playable :)
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    Game of the Year
    So much explosions and chaos
    Awesome
    Amazing
    Spectacular
    I dont know what else to say
    Just an awesome game
    Just need more bros for more explosions
  4. Oct 16, 2015
    Pros:
    - Fun side-scrolling shooter gameplay.
    - Challenging, but death gives you a different character, so not frustrating.
    - Map-maker.
    - Funny.

Cons:
    - Short.
  5. Oct 18, 2015
    I went into this only knowing what I saw from the screenshots and the trailer. I bought it roughly on the high ratings on steam. I would say that I have had a blast playing this game, both for the humor and the challenge. I have found myself dying multiple times on each level, knowing it was my fault and being excited to try again. Its a great sidescrolling shooter that doesn't takeI went into this only knowing what I saw from the screenshots and the trailer. I bought it roughly on the high ratings on steam. I would say that I have had a blast playing this game, both for the humor and the challenge. I have found myself dying multiple times on each level, knowing it was my fault and being excited to try again. Its a great sidescrolling shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously and is a great way to relax when you don't feel like diving into more time consuming games. Expand
  6. Dec 22, 2015
    America.... **** yeah!!!! or Michael Bay simulator. This game is hilarious and it brings out the mass murderer i me. So on with the review then.

Pros: -You get to play as your favorite 80's and 90's action characters from Rambo to The Terminator. They all have their likenesses pretty much down 100 percent. -The graphics (while not perfect) really complement this game's frantic

Pros:
    -The graphics (while not perfect) really complement this game's frantic gameplay. It is packed to the brim with explosions, so much so that sometimes you can get lost
    -The gameplay itself is great. This is a game where you don't need a story or a motive.... just blow **** up because why the hell not!!!!! And it works seamlessly.

Cons:
    There aren't any. I legitimately can't find anything wrong in this game and believe i tried... i tried real hard but there is nothing bad about this game. It's pitch perfect

So grab your gun and get ready to waste a good hour or 2 on this lovely game.
  7. Nov 7, 2015
    If you love side-scroll shooters and dumb 80's action film then you will love this game. It has the right combo of action and humor with plenty of nostalgia to make it one of my favorite PC games.
  8. Nov 24, 2015
    Joguinho foda pra caralho,10000% hetero e cheio de burucutus,vale mt a pena sair por ai "broforceando" ou americanizando o mundo!!! Mas espere ele entrar em promoção na Steam!
  9. Oct 21, 2015
    Humor is great but besides that it's pretty repetitive. Basically you do the same stuff over and over again without any progress at all (gameplay doesn't evolve a bit).

Coop just gets more chaotic and confusing and even though it's partially fun for the most part it's just holding the shoot-button, jumping to the right and hope that the character you're looking at is really yours inbetween these millions of generic explosions. Since your characters are switching really fast it's also pretty hard to follow often, who is who.

Only early access title I regret buying the last years.
  10. Feb 12, 2016
    Another trash game for hipsters only. "Wow, it looks like contra from 80s!" - no, it's not, stop putting your nostalgia in rating. Old games look better and have more good gameplay.
  11. Oct 26, 2015
    This is a cool game on the surface but it has NO depth - I got bored of it after an hour.
    I played it with a friend and we both got bored of it an hour later.
    I think this is a 4.99 game - wait for a sale. To Recap: - The Bro's RNG can really screw you if you get a Bro with more specific abilities. - While loading times are usually very short, they can spike to a minute or more.
    I played it with a friend and we both got bored of it an hour later.

I think this is a 4.99 game - wait for a sale.

To Recap:

- The game doesn't tell you its controls; it took me until my second playthrough to figure out you can run.
    - It's essentially 'Team America: World Police': The Videogame.
  12. Oct 26, 2015
    A pretty fun game for the multiplayer mode. I'd give it an 8, but I've run into connection and syncing issues every time I've tried to play it online, which usually start to kick in just as you make it to a new area. If they can resolve those issues, I could recommend this game. Until then, it's a "meh, get it on sale."
  13. Dec 10, 2015
    Broforce, or, as I like to call it, The Expendables if it wasn't sh*te, takes the irreverent humor that permeated Team America: World Police and amps it up to truly obscene levels, never letting up on the gore or, perhaps more importantly, the fun. No matter how repetitive decimating throngs upon throngs of faceless terrorists in increasingly creative ways gets, the game excels at keepingBroforce, or, as I like to call it, The Expendables if it wasn't sh*te, takes the irreverent humor that permeated Team America: World Police and amps it up to truly obscene levels, never letting up on the gore or, perhaps more importantly, the fun. No matter how repetitive decimating throngs upon throngs of faceless terrorists in increasingly creative ways gets, the game excels at keeping things fresh, whether it be via introducing a new enemy type or bringing a new Bro into the action. But perhaps the most unreservedly entertaining aspect of the game is how hilarious it is. Uncalled-for explosions, satirical jabs at the "America, F*** Yeah!" mentality, and a copious amount of muscles permeate Broforce and turn it into an experience you aren't likely to forget. The level editor is excellent and keeps the game from getting old; multiplayer follows suit by doubling (or even quadrupling) the fun.

On an overall scale, Broforce is easily one of the most hilariously entertaining games currently on the market. Although it still could use some work in some areas, all of these issues are compensated for with explosions and testosterone aplenty. To say it would offers a bang for your buck would be an understatement; this game will turn even the most devoted tea-drinkers into fully-fledged American citizens.
  14. Aug 21, 2016
    Destruction, chaos, explosions, guns, Murica, terrorists, and killing satan at the end of every level results in one of the greatest retro throwback games I've played since Dino Run.
  15. Mar 22, 2016
    The best fun for the value out there. Broforce was delightful. Funny, challenging to just the right degree, and full of blowing things up. Loved it. It's an homage to action movies and a satire of 'Merica!nism. Show me someone who doesn't love this game and I'll show you someone who is grumpy.
  16. Jan 2, 2017
    Весёлая игра, в которую обязательно нужно играть с другом.
    Каждую секунду происходят взрывы, уровни уничтожаются до основания, а играете вы за терминатора или за хищника или за кучу других персонажей... Прекрасно.
  17. Dec 16, 2015
    What do you think would happen if you mixed Vegeta from Dragonball Z Abridged with Michael Bay? Well besides a disgusting mess that would bring pain and suffering where ever it goes, you would also get the video game, BROFORCE. It has an amazing campaign, awesome characters, fun as hell gameplay, and some of the most fun co-op I have ever experienced. I honestly recommend buying this gameWhat do you think would happen if you mixed Vegeta from Dragonball Z Abridged with Michael Bay? Well besides a disgusting mess that would bring pain and suffering where ever it goes, you would also get the video game, BROFORCE. It has an amazing campaign, awesome characters, fun as hell gameplay, and some of the most fun co-op I have ever experienced. I honestly recommend buying this game as soon as possible. Expand
  18. Nov 3, 2015
    Badass.
    Badass.
    It's essentially an 8-bit run-and-gunner starring characters from old action movies such as Robocop, John Rambo, and.. wait, Chuck Norris is in this game? Ok, it's perfect. I'm clocking out early. 10/10. Anyways, the environment around you is completely destructible, which makes for more gameplay options. Also, there are so many explosions going on, it would make Micheal Bay cry. However, as a result of this, it's easy to lose yourself in all of the chaos and die. There's a level editor, which in some cases is completely worthless, but it allows for you to play other people's levels which is really cool! The game is pretty short, like any indie game, but the excitement, the humor, and the gameplay make this game so much fun. If there's one thing I think this game needed was more explosions.

BROFORCE gets an 8/10.
  19. Jan 16, 2016
    This takes all the best features from Metal Slug, puts them on steroids, and then injects a ton of MURICA into the equation.

Behind the humor, is amazing level design, varied monsters and locations to discover, and tons of unlock-able characters.

Oh yeah... And there's a level editor, and 99999999 levels have already been made by the community!!
  20. Feb 26, 2016
    Una maravilla jugable que combina acción frenética y plataforma. Controlas a un grupo de personajes basados en peliculas o videojuegos. Cada uno de ellos con su particulares armas y poderes. Te enfrentaras a perros, suicidas, soldados, maquinas a cada cual mas bestial...todo para que no llegues al final de cada nivel y puedas escapar. Encima, trae editor. Diversión para años.
  21. Mar 6, 2016
    This game is so awesome!!!

Pros:
    - Nice movie actors
    - Nice weapons
    - Nice gameplay
    - Nice levels
    - You can play online, but it is harder than offline campaign.

Cons:
    - F...ing american patriotism, why?
  22. Jul 28, 2016
    En conclusión, uno de los títulos más atractivos y divertidos que podemos encontrar en el mercado.

Manejar algunos de los grandes héroes de acción del cine por escenarios destructibles repletos de enemigos y con una jugabilidad desafiante y frenética es una gozada.

A eso le añadimos un control perfecto, un pixel art maravilloso y un multijugador a 4 tenemos un juego redondo.
  23. Jul 2, 2016
    I guess it's a fun game with nice design gimmicks, but really lacking in depth once you see past the Team America -antics. The game is totally over-hyped, you might like the game but don't be fooled - it's only a nice little side scroller, nothing more.
  24. Aug 29, 2016
    Muito bom! Ótimo para jogar com os amigos em casa, tanto a campanha quanto o versus. Personagens incríveis! Um dos melhores jogos indies que já joguei!

English: Very good! Great to play with friends at home, the campaign and the versus. Amazing characters! One of the best indie games I've ever played!
  25. Feb 16, 2017
    BROMAZING, BROPLAYERS, BROMANCE, BROLARIOUS, BROTOSTERONE, BRO80-90IES,BROMERICAAA FOR THE WIN!!! I JUST LOVED THIS GAME DAMN IT!! It is stupid fun, hilarious, and has some good action!

Verdict: A-
  26. Feb 24, 2017
    the game is very cool advise all friends.1)cool graphics. 2) great gameplay. 3) great story. We My friends and I were playing broforse to four people, and we liked it

1. CD-Action
    Feb 4, 2016
    An intense love letter to old action movies. [01/2016, p.71]
  2. Jan 25, 2016
    Broforce is a 2D relative of Just Cause. Got bored? Go entertain yourself. Life’s too difficult? You can stop whenever you want. Just don’t expect anything from the developers — they put hundreds of exploding barrels everywhere, gave us a ton of guns and called it a day.
  3. Dec 17, 2015
    A great game wrapped in every action movie ever.