8.1

1. Dec 5, 2013
    Really dont get the critics reviews all 60% are they copying and pasting from each other? Ratings make no sense when a playable beautifully crafted game like this gets 60% and an unplayable mess like BF4 gets 83% or more. As for my review of the game I'm not that far in but very happy with what I've seen thus far.

It's much more in line with the first 2 Broken swords beautiful hand
    drawn 2D graphics and enjoyable *if not overly difficult puzzles'. I hope this is a big success and Beneath a Steel Sky 2 is equally successful the original is one of my favourite games of all time. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    Why is this only getting 6/10 from the critics?
    Great atmosphere, beautiful backgrounds, an interesting story.
    It's almost as good as the first 2 titles of the series.

The best Kickstarter game I've played yet. Great work, guys.
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    Critics are judging this game far too harshly. BS5 is a breath of fresh air in the world of action shooters and explosions. The slow pace of the game merely informs it's narrative, while the hand drawn animation is some of the most stunning I have seen in any game.
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    Just like other users, I simply can't get so-called "professional" reviewers' score. The game is beautiful, it's easily one of the top adventure games visually. The way characters are blended with backgrounds, the way they're animated and interact with each other and the world around them is incredible. Writing is fine (even if a little bit different in style from the first two games), the puzzles are a little bit on the simple side (I hadn't had to use a hint system once for the first 50% of the game) something that could be improved upon.

Overall flow of the game is excellent, the characters are fun and believable, the mood is "just right" for the Broken Sword game. Technically, it runs well so far I hadn't had any glitches or crashes at all and, of course, with it being an adventure game, you don't need a powerful machine to run it, which is a rare thing nowadays. All in all, this is an absolute must-have for all adventure games fans.
  5. Dec 8, 2013
    I don't know what's wrong with the critics giving the game 6/10. This game is brilliant. It has fun story and it reminds me of first two Broken swords. It maybe isn't one of the point and click games that telltale would have produced but this game surely has it's charm and you should think about buying it!
  6. Dec 8, 2013
    Nostalgia Revived, at least for me.
    True fans of the Broken Sword series will appreciate the subtleties of our old Point & Click game, beautiful drawing, voices, and the mystery is still here, and we didn't solve this one, for now...

Back to the source!
  7. Dec 6, 2013
    I really enjoyed this part of broken sword. I found it to be a worthy successor and a really enjoyable game. One of the very few great Adventure games out there. Nice puzzles, good story awesome atmosphere and artwork. Fun gameplay. The 3d models are great but sometimes not quite there yet. Quite buggy on release date. But all in all top
  8. Dec 8, 2013
    I like this game and hope it will more BS in the future. The graphics is fantastic and the story is very well built. It is time to come back to a meaningful games and stop playing stupid violent shooting an exploding games. The critics were not professional at all by rating it 6/10. They are just supporting the stupid shooting over rated games. We have to understand that this kind of adventure games should be supported and not discourage them. Over all fantastic game and go ahead guys. good job. Expand
  9. Dec 10, 2013
    when i finished the game i felt how endorphins where rushing through my body. what else matters?
    (apparantly metacritic wants more than that, but it's all i have to say)
  10. Dec 20, 2013
    Wonderfully crafted point and click adventure with a story to keep you hooked and some great voice acting and backdrops. Pay no heed to the critics they obviously didn't get paid off when reviewing this. If you enjoyed the previous broken sword games or classic point and click nostalgia then you will want to give this a shot. All in all a very fun game and highly recommended.
  11. Dec 6, 2013
    A truly wonderful game, everything about this game, from graphics and score to the scripts and characters is just incredible. Too bad it gets bad ratings from the critics.
  12. Dec 6, 2013
    One of my best old school games has back. Very interesting story, good story and dialogs. Bad that only half of the game has been released in december. Nicely done Charles.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    Really enjoyed this game. A little slow to start, but the story really picks up and I can't wait for part two. The graphics are beautiful, the voice acting top class, and the script is spot on. A few bugs to iron out, but no doubt they will be fixed up soon. Only slight disappointment were a few of the animations, but others were great.
  14. Dec 9, 2013
    I'm a bit baffled by some of the reviews here. Broken Sword 1 is my favourite game of all time I won't deny that. I wasn't a huge fan of the 3D element of 3 and 4, however I felt the story and humour remained, so I still enjoyed them. I had high hopes for the belated fifth installment, and wondered how it would turn out. I am delighted to say it has exceeded my expectations. The look and feel of it is reminiscent of the first 2 games, however it has been given a bit of 21st century sheen. The story is intriguing, and the Stobbart deadpan humour is here in bucketloads. I have laughed out load on numerous occasions to his little jokes, or his amusing responses. I also love the secondary characters reactions to the odd items Stobbart carries around with him.
    Probably the only quibble I have is that it is a bit easy. We are only halfway through (part 2 is due in January) but nothing has had me stuck like the first game (i'd go days just wandering round, trying every item with everything) however, the developers have made the superb decision not to include a 'hotspot' key which basically turns point and click games into interactive stories.
    If you are considering buying BS5 i'd strongly urge you to do so. In a world of an endless stream of Call of Duty and FIFA games a new Broken Sword is extremely welcome especially when it is done this well.
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    Perfect return to form!!! The graphics and animations are very beautiful and collorful. Nice art direction. The start of the game is, again, a crime scene. A love letter to all fans. True point and click adventure. Highly recommended!!!
  16. Dec 10, 2013
    This is an great Point and Click Adventure, which is especially made for the Fans of the first and the second Broken Sword games, because the Graphics are really beautifully hand-drawn.
    I am really happy, that they made the sequel, and I am really pumped for the second part
  17. Dec 26, 2013
    I have no idea what these critics were thinking...This is a great game. It's a game that gave the people who funded it everything they asked for. Gorgeous 2d graphics, a beautiful story with lots of twists and well designed logical puzzles. If you like adventure games, don't think twice before buying this.
  18. Dec 6, 2013
    Soy un gran fan de Broken Sword, los 2 primeros juegos de la saga, por historia y por jugabilidad están por encima de los 2 siguientes (BS3 y BS4).

Doné 175$ para que viera la luz este nuevo capítulo y estoy disfrutando del juego, aqui dejo mis impresiones.

Pro BS5 La esencia del primer Broken Sword está presente en Broken Sword 5: La maldición de la Serpiente ya que se recupera la
    jugabilidad, la inmersión en la historia, los dialogos, el colorido y los puzzles, juego a la altura de los primeros.

Contras: Puzzles demasiado faciles, no me gusta la separación en capitulos.

Salah eh din
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    Beautiful hand painted graphics and character animation. Professional sound, speech and music. Good story, nice atmosphere. Don't listen to the critcis. They probabky never have played the previous BS games. This continues successfully the Broken Sword legacy. Keep up the good work.
  20. Dec 8, 2013
    Critics reviews of 60% are just ridiculous. I can buy the 80% review of those unbiased, for fans this is an absolute winner though. Those who loved originals BS games will love the latest installment. Those who feel otherwise can return to the boredom of Assassin's Creed or similar.
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    Broken Sword back to its strengths, theres plenty of Stobbart charisma and the story is an interesting one, I'm a little disappointed with it being a little short but I look forward to the second half, hoping theres some tougher puzzles. But it is like others say a breath of fresh air, if they keep adding to the broken sword series I'll keep playing them.
  22. Feb 2, 2014
    Back to its roots, beautiful game, really well drawn I was quite taken aback when it opened with the eagle flying off. Somehow expecting it not to look as good as it does! , good dialogue as we're used to in these games. And a good storyline. This is how the series should have evolved Looking forward to part two and hopefully broken sword 6! Don't listen to critics this is a great game! Although I am a fan of the series and point and clicks in general I wouldn't have rated it so positively if it wasn't that good! Happy man right here Expand

1. Apr 27, 2014
    This sequel ignores the less popular Broken Sword 3 and 4. One the one hand that's great, because it revives the atmosphere of the first two games and it works. But technically it's not up to date and the important puzzles are too easy to solve. But there's hope for part 2.
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    Eminently playable, cheekily characterised and delectably artistic, The Serpent’s Curse rekindles the romance of the much-loved Broken Sword series.
  3. Apr 27, 2014
    The Serpent’s Curse might be a little bit like the recent Veromica Mars movie, where if you’re a fan of the series then you might be happy enough just seeing what George and Nico are up to. But for everybody else, there isn’t much to get excited about, and there are probably better options out there for your gaming time and money.