4.0

1. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    The single player campaign wasn't as long as Call of Duty 4's but was still amazing. It is hard to say which single player is better comparing mw2 to cod4 but the results would be pretty darn close. Special Ops was a nice edition, with enjoyable challenges and missions to complete. Multiplayer for this game was awesome but not as great as Call of Duty 4's multiplayer. The only issuesThe single player campaign wasn't as long as Call of Duty 4's but was still amazing. It is hard to say which single player is better comparing mw2 to cod4 but the results would be pretty darn close. Special Ops was a nice edition, with enjoyable challenges and missions to complete. Multiplayer for this game was awesome but not as great as Call of Duty 4's multiplayer. The only issues making the game not fun and frustrating at times is the overpowered grenade launchers and one man army "the perk" that allows you to reload classes so you can gain back your grenade launchers for instance. And, sadly no dedicated servers, using the same system of online as the consoles. But forgetting these issues the multiplayer is a masterpiece. Well balanced weapons and superb map design. Hacking is also an issue. Challenge lobbies bringing you up to level 70 or max prestiges are hosted almost daily, along with those little noobs ruining matches using aimbot, godmode, etc. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2012
    The game was one of the best Call of Duty games ever. The storyline was great althought I wouldn't mind if it lasted a little longer and the spec ops were pretty fun. The multiplayer mode was one of the best ever made. Great maps great server system with no lag and nice optimization. the only problem is the community which is not the games fault so I give the game a 10/10...
  4. Aug 24, 2010
    The multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perksThe multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perks are annoying. Especially commando, being knifed from across the room is not fun. The singleplayer was good for but nothing special and nothing that will stick to you memory. All in all I give this a 0. The gameplay is plain terrible the the horrible anti-cheat, hackers, and down right annoying things. This game could have been good but its idea of making it "noob" friendly was its downfall. Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 is an action packed game full of gunfights, explosives and objectives. The problem I see with the game, is the unbalanced guns in the Multiplayer and the lack of features from the previous CODs (such as Zombies). Other than that, the game runs very well and will be fun for most people.
  6. Sep 3, 2010
    I'l give this game a 9 simply perfect online action and cannot wait for the new COD to come out!! Would be 10 if the single player gameplay was longer! but to be honest, who plays COD for single player?! think IW realised this after the success of COD2.
    Need its own personal servers online. no where to hide now so I wouldnt worry about campers.. cause everyone knows the camp spots and can easily kill the camping noobs!
    perhaps needs moderating for cheats, large number of aimbots.. boring people.
  7. Dec 3, 2010
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 is the best shooting game in the world that I have seen especially when I kill a lot of people without dieing. The call of duty modern warfare 2 never can become bored ever when I am playing it I all ways playing it and I never get bored of it nearly at the time Iâ
  8. Dec 26, 2010
    While I hate FPS games, there's really no other franchise to go to if you like playing the same maps over and over during your free time for whatever reason you choose to do that. I like how rpg elements have crept into every genre, since you get feats and have to buy "loot" in the way of upgrades if you want to get anywhere. However, please get it on pc if you've played an fps gameWhile I hate FPS games, there's really no other franchise to go to if you like playing the same maps over and over during your free time for whatever reason you choose to do that. I like how rpg elements have crept into every genre, since you get feats and have to buy "loot" in the way of upgrades if you want to get anywhere. However, please get it on pc if you've played an fps game before, as I don't have to tell you how awful a joystick is for competitive fps games. Expand
  9. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 9.5 , Graphics - 9.0 , Story - 7.5 , Playing time - 50+hours (MP includes). Very fun game. Graphically so well optimized. Improved multiplayer to COD4. However, the lack of dedicated server is annoying.
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    Honestly regardless of what people say MW2 is the best CoD out there, people say they had bad experiences with MW2 online..well if that's the case go play a Treyarch version "Black ops series". Then you will have the true definition of fail. Infinity Ward is the better developer of the two companies that battle back and forth developing the CoD series. I'm willing to bet that most peopleHonestly regardless of what people say MW2 is the best CoD out there, people say they had bad experiences with MW2 online..well if that's the case go play a Treyarch version "Black ops series". Then you will have the true definition of fail. Infinity Ward is the better developer of the two companies that battle back and forth developing the CoD series. I'm willing to bet that most people are not even aware of that, Treyarch gives Infinity Ward a bad name. Infinity Wards games; "MW1" "MW2" "MW3" are far better than any of Treyarch's "Black ops series" hands down. I have been playing CoD since the very first release several years ago back in the WW2 era of CoD. Most people didn't even start playing until the first CoD 4 Modern Warfare came out, the overall feel of MW2 is great, the physics are great, graphics sound are great. I feel that the multiplayer is very well balanced online, if it ran like then maybe your pc isn't up to spec?..if you bash the game saying its unfair or unbalanced maybe you should switch up your tactics a bit instead of raging around looking for that kill?..I have never had any issues playing this online..I always had a blast. I'm clearly reviewing this from a quality aspect..how well the game play is designed, how well the game is structured. Bottom line MW2 to this day is still one of the best CoD games to this day. Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    If you like to watch jean claude van damme films and steven seagal films this game is right up your street, its basically shoot shoot shoot, reload shoot shoot shoot, it gets boring quick, the odd time u throw a grenade spices it up but yeah pretty boring no where near as good as cod 4
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    I Have all cod games that are available for pc, including the new ghosts. But the best is the Mw2, cause of that unbelievable genius multiplayer. I have played so much games with my clan, that i will remember that game forever. But it's true u can't really play it anymore cause of that damn hackers everywhere.
  13. Mar 19, 2014
    Amazing campaign. I wanna run it again and again and again. The multiplayer is great too by the way. And maybe the graphics aren't so nice, but who notices those little details anyway, the gameplay is terrific.
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    You wouldn't believe me if I said this was the best multiplayer FPS. The amount of stupidity and fun I had in this was overwhelming, despite all of the problems it had.
  15. Sep 4, 2012
    Single player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun hereSingle player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun here and there, but my overall recommendation is: don't even consider buying this game! I was a great fan of the previous CoD titles but with MW2 and MW3 Activision managed to ruin this once great franchise. Expand
  16. Jul 1, 2014
    Nowadays, almost every PC server for this game and other COD games are hacked. It's horrible. Now, this game was decent when it cam out, but now, with some many hackers, it's really hard to enjoy. Your better off playing this on Xbox 360 or PS3. My score would have been 8/10... but hackers now... So, 5/10 for the time spent trying to find a normal server.
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    Modern Warfare 2 was an unnecessary sequel as the story had resolved itself in CoD4. But the single-player was enjoyable nonetheless. The graphics are very good, and the game didn't have any performance issues. As for the game's infamous multi-player mode, the weapons were unbalanced and every now and again you'd run into a hacker or a modded lobby. The multi-player was hugely addictive,Modern Warfare 2 was an unnecessary sequel as the story had resolved itself in CoD4. But the single-player was enjoyable nonetheless. The graphics are very good, and the game didn't have any performance issues. As for the game's infamous multi-player mode, the weapons were unbalanced and every now and again you'd run into a hacker or a modded lobby. The multi-player was hugely addictive, it was similar to the one in CoD4, but for some odd reason it was just so much more fun. The maps are fantastic and it was great fun running around with a sniper rifle trying to quick-scope people. Theres also tons of easter eggs in this game of little hiding spots and ways to get on top of maps like on the map 'Karachi' and 'High-rise' there are little ways to get onto roofs that might not have noticed. Overall the game could be frustrating at times and the guns unbalanced, this game was just incredible fun to play and I honestly don't know why. Expand
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    The single-player matters!
    You cannot release a game with a full single-player mode and then say: "It's all about the multi-player". Some people actually don't care about MP so you cannot be a unbiased reviewer and only talk about one part of the game.
    The single-player matters!
    So let's begin with the single-player. It is a complete mess. The AI is beyond stupid, they will just run at you until gunned down. They won't use strategy, they won't use cover, they won't flank or even do much to kill you at all. The sound design makes the guns un-satisfying to use as they lack any real impact.
    The story is your usual "America good. Middle-East terrorist.". It's getting tiresome running around desert-filled streets shooting anything that isn't white. The story is presented in such a bad way that you have to piece together the whole thing by yourself. It took me more than one playthrough to even understand what was going on. Characters don't act realistically so you will never understand their motivations. It seems they came up with a half a dozen set-pieces and just built the story around them.
    In the first Modern Warfare it was shocking when your character died in a nuclear explosion so naturally, they thought that they would try to recreate that in this game. You are killed (as part of the story) about 4 times. I really hope that I misunderstood this because it's not surprising when you do it every 10 minutes.
    And speaking of minutes, there aren't that many in the story. The main campaign might take you 4 or 5 hours. This is unacceptable and absolutely pathetic.
    Alright, multi-player. It's broken. The weapons are so imbalanced that less than a dozen guns are actually used by players and if you try to use anything else you will be mauled to the ground like a baby by a dozen rabid pit-bulls. Rewarding kills with even more ridiculous ways to kill people is just plain stupid. If you are not extremely skilled at this game you will be killed repeatedly by the same guy and when you think you can kill him, he comes back in a chopper. And then he drops a nuke on you. The maps are awfully designed and don't encourage anything other than the run and gun technique. They are way too small and cramped and the amount of players on each server is laughable.
    You also don't have any dedicated servers, you can't kick/ban, you cannot choose maps and so on. The FOV is freaking ridiculous as well and it gives me eye-strain just looking at it for half an hour.
    This game is a mess and Activision must have been sucking off a lot of critics out there to recieve an 86 on Metacritic.
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means thatAs a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means that every other map im kicked out of the server due to a map i haven't bought being up next.....if only there were dedicated servers so i could stick to a server that didn't use the DLC maps.

If i could rate the single player and co-op alone it would receive a 8/10 its a little short but the spec ops makes up for that and some of the challenges and timed events are good fun.
    However the shocking multiplayer which would get a 0/10 drags the whole experience down, if the call of duty games didnt rely so shamelessly on multiplayer to be worth the money they cost maybe i could justify buying them.
  20. Aug 9, 2013
    Infinity wards "Modern warfare 2" is quite fun the campaign gets repetitive like any other game but the end of the world theme is pretty AWESOME! the fact that the Russians are invading the U.S is heart pumping at times but Russia for the villains is a bit overused for games such as these. IW has added a CO OP option which sets you in places from the campaign and offers a challenge likeInfinity wards "Modern warfare 2" is quite fun the campaign gets repetitive like any other game but the end of the world theme is pretty AWESOME! the fact that the Russians are invading the U.S is heart pumping at times but Russia for the villains is a bit overused for games such as these. IW has added a CO OP option which sets you in places from the campaign and offers a challenge like fighting off a bunch of solders in protective armor with only explosives or fight off hordes of enemy's in a building with you're friend even on veteran difficulty it's pretty fun. And the multiplayer is a mixed bag there is overpowered guns and killstreak and cheap death streaks such as you go into a last stand with you're pistol or when you die you drop a grenade and then there is One man army with it equipped you can switch to a different class at any time is people over use it and attach a grenade launcher on their assault rifle and every time they run out of ammo they switch over to their one man army and equips the SAME CLASS WITH A GRENADE LAUNCHER AND ONE MAN ARMY AND DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN! so would i buy it? yeah you can find it a gamestop for 12 or 11$ Pre Owned. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2013
    When playing this I thought, it took a genius to make this. The amazing story line, short, but amazing blew my mind. Every aspect of this game is wonderful. Graphics, gameplay, etc. The multiplayer is a little bumpy though, but everything else is wonderful!
  22. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  23. Jan 4, 2014
    I'm not much of a fan of Call of Duty, but this game, and its predecessor, stands out to me. I did enjoy the singleplayer, start to finish, and I replayed it several times going for the Veteran difficulty run. The multiplayer? Meh. I see tons of reviews bashing the community (which is horrible), but that's not the game's fault, so no points taken off for that. Balance, however, is a majorI'm not much of a fan of Call of Duty, but this game, and its predecessor, stands out to me. I did enjoy the singleplayer, start to finish, and I replayed it several times going for the Veteran difficulty run. The multiplayer? Meh. I see tons of reviews bashing the community (which is horrible), but that's not the game's fault, so no points taken off for that. Balance, however, is a major issue. Most of the players use either the ACR, which literally has perfect accuracy, or an explosive weapon, which have earned their bad reputation. I'll take -2 off for that. And then, the latency issues. Even when my Internet connection is top notch, I still get the occasional 200+ ping while the host has 0. -1 for that. In the graphical sense, it actually strikes a nice balance between graphics and performance, and has given it a reputation of being able to run on nearly anything. I was able to run this on a Pentium core and a Radeon 4550 HD GPU, and the game looked quite good. If you are a fan of Call of Duty, get this game, but not for the multiplayer. Expand
  24. Jan 27, 2014
    In its prime MW2 was Amazing, With friends it could of been the best fun you have ever had playing a PC game. But from 2010-2012 many hackers, Quickscopers and noob tubers made the game frustrating. Nowdays the game is still populated decetly and most of the Hackers have moved on to more recent cods. In 2009 i would of highly reccomended this game, But now you would probably not enjoyIn its prime MW2 was Amazing, With friends it could of been the best fun you have ever had playing a PC game. But from 2010-2012 many hackers, Quickscopers and noob tubers made the game frustrating. Nowdays the game is still populated decetly and most of the Hackers have moved on to more recent cods. In 2009 i would of highly reccomended this game, But now you would probably not enjoy getting killed over and over if your a lvl 1. If you can find it for a cheap price buy it, if not maybe buy a recent shooter. Expand
  25. Feb 13, 2014
    I played every COD series over 100 hours.
    MW2 is not the best of the series. The level of completion is not so high.
    But it gave me lots of fun. More than other series.
    I still think MW2's multi-player is the best among the series.
  26. Oct 3, 2014
  27. Aug 28, 2010
    I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day.I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day. It only gets a 1 because the single player is decent. Expand
  28. Nov 7, 2010
    Call of Duty is a game for pigeon, nag, no gameplay, bowling with a very repetitive very short life! Apart from the graphics is a waste, non-existent community, full of cheater, in short, I do not recommend at all!
  29. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrainThis game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrain so cover doesn't matter either.

I give it a 1 because the single player didn't suck. It was waaaay too short for multiplayer to be as useless as it is though.
  30. Jun 12, 2012
    Well. Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the greatest big online FPS games ever made. BEFORE ALL THE SMALL KIDS AND HACKERS TOOK IT. basically, the only thing MW2 needed was Dedicated servers. It was hard sometimes to play it the e-sport way (through ESL and such). But beneath that, it was great. The graphics, soundtrack, gameplay. Just wow, beautiful. But ofcourse got ruined when thereWell. Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the greatest big online FPS games ever made. BEFORE ALL THE SMALL KIDS AND HACKERS TOOK IT. basically, the only thing MW2 needed was Dedicated servers. It was hard sometimes to play it the e-sport way (through ESL and such). But beneath that, it was great. The graphics, soundtrack, gameplay. Just wow, beautiful. But ofcourse got ruined when there were no support at all with hackers and patches. Great campaign too, shed a tear. Damn Soap Expand
  31. Jan 6, 2011
    I gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a moreI gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a more challenging multiplayer/bigger maps go buy Bad Company 2, its not as popular, but i think its just because Call of Duty is way to heavily advertised, the game developers just want our money, (also the price is rediculous, and they just use the same graphics animations and sounds as the other call of duty games just a little improved, and if you watch gameplay of the original call of duty when you shoot someone they do the exact same thing in this game) Expand
  32. Oct 8, 2011
    I have this game for XBOX 360, and it sucks.I would rather play Superman 64 or ET over this game. The reason I'm writing a review here on the PC section is because writing only one bad review does not accurately portray my hatred of this game. The multiplayer's perks are extremely unbalanced and basically have a ninja mode, there are no dedicated servers, cheaters are everywhere, lagI have this game for XBOX 360, and it sucks.I would rather play Superman 64 or ET over this game. The reason I'm writing a review here on the PC section is because writing only one bad review does not accurately portray my hatred of this game. The multiplayer's perks are extremely unbalanced and basically have a ninja mode, there are no dedicated servers, cheaters are everywhere, lag abounds, and glitches are the main way I died. The single player's plot has more holes than the Columbine victims, but the set pieces look cool. I would reccomend this game to you if you were dumb enough to like Transformers 2. Expand
  33. Nov 17, 2011
    Coming off a successful MW1, Infinity Ward brings a lot that is familiar back with some new twists. Unfortunately, what could have been a good sequel is plagued by hackers that have free reign on the system making it completely unplayable on the PC. I would have rated this game much higher, if I would have been able to actually play it. And no dedicated servers??? Really. Do any of theseComing off a successful MW1, Infinity Ward brings a lot that is familiar back with some new twists. Unfortunately, what could have been a good sequel is plagued by hackers that have free reign on the system making it completely unplayable on the PC. I would have rated this game much higher, if I would have been able to actually play it. And no dedicated servers??? Really. Do any of these people even play games on a PC?? Expand
  34. Nov 18, 2011
    Essentially a map pack for MW2. It is fun, and a run-n-gun at it's core elements. I hope that they will support the PC version and the Call of Duty franchise will respect their roots. MW2 I think got only 1 or 2 patches before they abandoned it (on PC), leaving the community with imbalanced weapons and unstable online support & match making. So far im seeing a handful of issues withEssentially a map pack for MW2. It is fun, and a run-n-gun at it's core elements. I hope that they will support the PC version and the Call of Duty franchise will respect their roots. MW2 I think got only 1 or 2 patches before they abandoned it (on PC), leaving the community with imbalanced weapons and unstable online support & match making. So far im seeing a handful of issues with online play and connectivity. Survival is glitchy, often kicking your partner out of the game all together. Skyrim had a patch on Day 1, just saying. With the millions and millions of money that they made I hope they put some of it back into the community with patches and support. I would be willing to bump up my review if PC gets some patches from IW & Activision/Blizzard Expand
  35. Aug 6, 2012
    As someone who can only speak for the single-player side of things, this game was plenty enjoyable, if not particularly impressive. The campaign is fun and exhilarating--so long as you don't think about things too much--and the spec ops missions add additional SP fun. As with most tunnel-shooter games these days, it suffers from relatively poor replay value, but if you can pick it up onAs someone who can only speak for the single-player side of things, this game was plenty enjoyable, if not particularly impressive. The campaign is fun and exhilarating--so long as you don't think about things too much--and the spec ops missions add additional SP fun. As with most tunnel-shooter games these days, it suffers from relatively poor replay value, but if you can pick it up on sale it's probably worth it. Expand
  36. Aug 20, 2012
    I see a lot of negative user ratings and gasp. I understand why they exist, but people have to have a level of understanding. The campaign took me about 2 hours to complete, and it's exactly the same gameplay as any other Call of Duty Game (You know, you're in a spot and eliminate the enemies, move on, breach a few doors, infiltrate some secret location for intel, etc.). The Spec OpsI see a lot of negative user ratings and gasp. I understand why they exist, but people have to have a level of understanding. The campaign took me about 2 hours to complete, and it's exactly the same gameplay as any other Call of Duty Game (You know, you're in a spot and eliminate the enemies, move on, breach a few doors, infiltrate some secret location for intel, etc.). The Spec Ops levels were almost addicting as the player strives for high scores so that they can unlock more levels... At times, both the campaign and spec ops can be extremely frustrating, but once you beat it, it's rather satisfying. The visuals throughout the game are impressive and greatly customizable so that they run on low-end PCs and laptops... But then, there's the multiplayer. This is why people are critical of the game on PC. It's highly addicting and very simple. Many skilled gamers find this worthless and a waste of time, but most gamers like the fact that you can get fast, non-stop action without the use of too much skill. However, as in many PC multiplayer games, there are hackers. This is where many negative reviews come in. The hackers are not the fault of the game itself. It's the people who hack that make the game worse. The game itself deserves a high metascore for being an excellent addition to the series. The hackers deserve the lowest metascore possible. If you wish to enjoy the game without worrying about hackers, get yourself a MW2 Config program (search Google) and backup your stats! And, in reality, only about 1 person in 10 lobbies hacks, so that's 9 good games in a row, then all you have to do is quit the lobby and join another one, and you're set!

Overall, this is a great game with intriguing (but Short) Single Player and fun Spec Ops levels along with addictive multiplayer that make any gamer want to strive to achieve the highest level while completing challenges and acquiring prestige. The graphics are good enough so that there is realism to the game but still customizable enough so that the low-end pcs can run this game without a problem. If you are careful, you can have a lot of fun with this game. BACK UP YOUR MULTIPLAYER STATS and you WILL have fun.
  37. Jan 4, 2012
    MW2 is a masterpiece, The best FPS EVER MADE! I have spent over 1000+ hours on this game it's absolutely amazing nothing more to say if you want a fast pasted action military shooter THIS is the game for you!
  38. Aug 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Modern Warfare 2, while no doubt being a good game, is not nearly as good as Modern Warfare. The campaign was extremely good and very fun with some jaw dropping moments such as the invasion of Washington DC. The graphics are truly amazing with events such as said invasion of Washington DC looking hellish and very real with recognizable monuments such as the Washington Monument and the White House being partly destroyed. The multiplayer which, oddly enough, is the main attraction, is very fun, I found it extremely unbalanced at times and plagued with glitches. The new weapons, attachments, and perks made it much more fun. While not at the same level as say, Half Life 2, it still is a great game. Expand
  39. Aug 14, 2012
    The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is a little, disappointing. And I'm going to say why It is? It costs more, and It haves less multiplayer features than other PC shooters, exactly like GameSpot said. Still, this game stays fresh with the superb campaign and spec ops. 79 out of 100
  40. Sep 2, 2010
    Call of duty MW 2 was the game that made me never to install an infinity ward game on my computer ever again. Now the single player story in MW 2 is okej but I like Modern warfare for its multiplayer. Which they manage to ruin in MW 2 here are some of the greatest points which made it rubbish 1.No dedicated servers, no need to say why this was a bad move.

2.To many automatic shooting

2.To many automatic shooting weapons, the only thing I was annoyed with in MW 1 was the chopper but it was manageable but its to much in MW 2 with 2 choppers one harrier and one automatic sentery can't ppl get frags on there own anymore?

3.The chopper gunner and the AC-130 they were pretty cool when you first get to see them in the game but then you realize it was super easy with them I mean huge squeres where ppl are so you dont have to look around for your self where ppl are.

4.there is no anti cheat, if you get a cheater on the server ther is no way to get rid of him unless you leave the server and join another, but here comes the funny part everytime i left a server becuse of a cheater and then join another server i always get send back to the same server becuse no dedicated server system so I hade to choose another game mode.

5.We have to pay new maps, xbox players can buy with game points and we pc gamers have to pay 14 bucks?!

6.Its a real noob game, I mean there is no challange the weapons are so easy to use.

7.Prestige mode, it was okej 2-3 times but 10 times now that is just a desperate atempt to keep the game alive in the baddest boring. But most of the times you dont have to play so much becuse most of the times you end up on a hacked server which gives you an XP boost which makes level 70 right away.

These are just the ones I can think of right now there are probobly more but they are enough for me to never play another Infinity ward or trayarch game ever becuse they have totaly backstabed us PC gamers with there no dedicated servers. So now I have started play Bad Company 2 and its great. 0.0
  41. Apr 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. geiles game die ki stellt sich garnicht mal so dumm an und die story ist mitreisend. Aber sie ist sehr kurts ich war nach 5 stunden durch -.- ich hoffe das der MP mehr hergibt. Spannend war die Spezialeinheit. Das war das beste an dem singleplayer. Expand
  42. Jul 26, 2011
    Short, lackluster campaign and broken multiplayer. The game just doesn't live up to modern day PC FPS standards, all while being overpriced. Don't give in to the hype, MW2 is a disappointment.
  43. Nov 18, 2011
    So its better than COD MW3 on PC IMO, as far as multiplayer goes. MP gameplay is fun, and challenging. That said, the cheating and hacking online are a complete joke, and have totally ruined the game for those who don't cheat. I have not seen any updates addressing the multiplayer cheating, and reporting offending players seems to do nothing at all.

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload of frustration. And FYI, ditto for MW3...hackers laughing out loud in MP on the very first day of release. Last purchase of the franchise for me, hopefully Respawn Entertainment releases something excellent soon. /end rant
  44. Mar 26, 2011
    Great, though short, singleplayer, but it makes up wth the story. Multiplayer is VERY good, at least from the gameplay perspective. However, the game is irritating with the amount of name-calling from other players. Inexperienced player? get ready to her how much of a noob you are. A good player? The same. A very good player? probably a hacker. You managed to get a killshot? Don't beGreat, though short, singleplayer, but it makes up wth the story. Multiplayer is VERY good, at least from the gameplay perspective. However, the game is irritating with the amount of name-calling from other players. Inexperienced player? get ready to her how much of a noob you are. A good player? The same. A very good player? probably a hacker. You managed to get a killshot? Don't be surprised if somebody makes a lewd reference to engaging in sexual intercourse with your mother. This is not the game's fault, but it does spoil the gameplay experience. Expand
  45. Nov 8, 2011
    This is, in my opinion, the weakest of all of the newer Call of Duty titles. The Single Player storyline was laughable, and certain levels were annoyingly difficult. The Multiplayer mode was fun for a while, but it seemed almost in slow-motion compared to previous titles, which didn't seem to match it's arcade-like feel. The graphics were drab and bland, and the sheer amount of explosions,This is, in my opinion, the weakest of all of the newer Call of Duty titles. The Single Player storyline was laughable, and certain levels were annoyingly difficult. The Multiplayer mode was fun for a while, but it seemed almost in slow-motion compared to previous titles, which didn't seem to match it's arcade-like feel. The graphics were drab and bland, and the sheer amount of explosions, screen-wobble, red-out and debris gives you a headache, much like watching a Transporter or Bourne film. This game is saved from a yellow score by Special Ops mode, which is fun in short bursts and much more enjoyable than Multiplayer. Expand
  46. Dec 25, 2011
    i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove mw2 nothing else to say but hey haters gona hate love it even after 20 days of playtime
  47. Aug 23, 2010
    For the PC version well if it was rated just on multiplayer it would deserver something like -5 for the many glitches and hackers you find on the horrible IW net. It my work on the 360 and PS3 but the PC is nether. VAC is the worst security system for detecting cheats next to none at all. if your hoping that you will get a good game with a good connection hope will be all you have and theFor the PC version well if it was rated just on multiplayer it would deserver something like -5 for the many glitches and hackers you find on the horrible IW net. It my work on the 360 and PS3 but the PC is nether. VAC is the worst security system for detecting cheats next to none at all. if your hoping that you will get a good game with a good connection hope will be all you have and the matchmaking doesn't even work quite right.

The single-player is fun but nothing to special sticks to the same style as MW and WAW. you switch between two main characters that you play as. The storyline is still fun to follow and play along with.
    Co-op. this is probably the best part about MW2 the different modes with maps same as the singleplay putting on a new twist. Play alone or with a friend.
  48. Mar 17, 2011
    Good evening. I had the good fortune to receive this game as a birthday gift from an elderly acquaintance at one of my champagne parties, and I found the game to be a rather splendid affair. Indeed, one would find this to be a frightfully realistic portrayal of conflict. Of course, like many other noble gentlemen, I've used a firearm many times in my day-to-day affairs, (although I mightGood evening. I had the good fortune to receive this game as a birthday gift from an elderly acquaintance at one of my champagne parties, and I found the game to be a rather splendid affair. Indeed, one would find this to be a frightfully realistic portrayal of conflict. Of course, like many other noble gentlemen, I've used a firearm many times in my day-to-day affairs, (although I might add that foxes and pheasants tend not to shoot back), so it is with some considerable difficulty that I completed the first "level" (is that what you young folk call a section of a computer game?) of this video entertainment, but jolly good fun it was! Bravo! (..and that's not "Bravo" as in "Bravo Two Zero", hur hur!).
    Toodle pip.
  49. Mar 1, 2011
    Unbelievably great storyline, graphics and possibilities in the SP. Just a few minor glitches I noticed (I didn't notice most of them when I played the game for the first time). I also love the fact that you can notice the difference between the easiest and hardest level (Recruit -> Veteran). Beyond question in the top5 games I've played. Despite the minor bugs it deserves a 10/10.
  50. Dec 27, 2011
    The lack of dedicated servers, LAN and mapping and modding support isn't going to make this game more epic, despite the continuation of better gameplay and the story itself. Also the map packs aren't free either as the usage of launching this game from Steam is getting on people's nerves.
  51. Sep 3, 2010
    I'm not in to games that replicate real life war. I like to escape and be immersed in a world away from the one around us. So whilst I'm quite happy killing aliens and zombies in games, I tend to draw the line at 'war games'.
    However this is a really inventive game. Certainly the highly intuitive sequence as you climb a mountain covered in ice.
    The work that has gone in to this game is

The work that has gone in to this game is truly amazing. It's incredibly easy to pick up, even for non gamers. It starts with an excellent training system, and the levels are highly detailed and truly immersive. So as you play, your focus is very much in game. Add in some fine voice over talent and this has been a real eye opener for me.

The game does go to length to let you know that some levels can be quite disturbing, and you can bypass them. One in my opinion is best avoided. Enough said, it's been well covered in the press already. The multi-player is one of the best out there today, for speed and smoothness, but unfortunately, too many players are too damn good online, and 10yr old American school boys were whipping my behind all too easily : )

Again while not a fan of real war games, this has truly opened my mind to a genre I was closed too.
  52. Sep 22, 2010
    I gave this one ten but really it at least 1 at most four. It needs to go up by a few points to reflect the hard work that ACTIVISION put into this game. I like how you can use aeroplanes. I play the single player campaign mission level up mode obsessively but cant find multiplayer? What, ACTIVISION cant include it anymore since they killed that one guy? Why I always have to play as MasterI gave this one ten but really it at least 1 at most four. It needs to go up by a few points to reflect the hard work that ACTIVISION put into this game. I like how you can use aeroplanes. I play the single player campaign mission level up mode obsessively but cant find multiplayer? What, ACTIVISION cant include it anymore since they killed that one guy? Why I always have to play as Master Chef, I want to be man from 300. THIS IS SPARTA! :-) I like how you can shoot the chicken. Expand
  53. Sep 28, 2010
    Amazing part 2.Beautifull crafted wide array of weapons posibility of choosing your way non-stop action great comrades ai.Varied battlefields medium-long campaign.even the firs test in which you shoot targets is exciting.the story is ok and the final blow me away.PRICE.10
  54. Oct 16, 2010
    I am so sick of people complaining about getting killed by akimbo G18's or tubes. This game is fantastic. I dont use tubes or G18 myself but the only reason u guys are complaining is because u have no skills what so ever. Grow some ball and man up. Dont get angry just because u cant play a game. Though i will agree that the spawn system has some problems but it is a minor one. Overall thisI am so sick of people complaining about getting killed by akimbo G18's or tubes. This game is fantastic. I dont use tubes or G18 myself but the only reason u guys are complaining is because u have no skills what so ever. Grow some ball and man up. Dont get angry just because u cant play a game. Though i will agree that the spawn system has some problems but it is a minor one. Overall this game is amazing and is worth every cent. I give this game 9.0 Expand
  55. Jan 3, 2011
    ok, whoever says the multiplayer sucks in this game is wrong. they probably have bad connection or they just suck terribly. the multiplayer is unbelievingly fun, it has good maps and fun weapons. the ownly downside to the multiplayer is the undermounted launchers. the singleplayer is awesome and has an amazing story line to go along with good characters. co-op is fun to, it allowsok, whoever says the multiplayer sucks in this game is wrong. they probably have bad connection or they just suck terribly. the multiplayer is unbelievingly fun, it has good maps and fun weapons. the ownly downside to the multiplayer is the undermounted launchers. the singleplayer is awesome and has an amazing story line to go along with good characters. co-op is fun to, it allows the player to go and do special missions from the campaign and eanr "stars" to unlock the next set of missions. overall it is an amazing game. Expand
  56. Dec 11, 2010
    Still beats Black Ops' lag fest....
  57. Jan 1, 2011
    Once you eliminate Infinity Ward and Steam along with the poor hosting you have an awesome game here. The campaign was well thought out and had a pretty good story line. You maintain control of your player through out the game without worry of the game taking over for you. I only wish it was longer or had patches to extend it. Spec Ops is a great addition and having the two playerOnce you eliminate Infinity Ward and Steam along with the poor hosting you have an awesome game here. The campaign was well thought out and had a pretty good story line. You maintain control of your player through out the game without worry of the game taking over for you. I only wish it was longer or had patches to extend it. Spec Ops is a great addition and having the two player makes it better. I liked it so much I would easily purchase additional Spec Ops map packs. Multi - This game has a great FPS multi player. What more could you ask for except some PACKS to add weapons or attachments to go along with the additional map packs. Outside of the fact that VAC is very bad at stopping hackers, Steam cannot find a host and the maps are too small, it is truly an awesome game. Movement in game is very nice and the game plays well on most PC's. Expand
  58. Mar 7, 2012
    An excellent production single player campaign. Infinity Ward did a superb job at bringing detail and depth to every element that deserves a standing ovation. It is extremely detailed with tons of action. My biggest issue was that I found the story difficult to follow. It jumped around from country to country and person to person making it impossible to figure out who were the good guysAn excellent production single player campaign. Infinity Ward did a superb job at bringing detail and depth to every element that deserves a standing ovation. It is extremely detailed with tons of action. My biggest issue was that I found the story difficult to follow. It jumped around from country to country and person to person making it impossible to figure out who were the good guys and who were the bad guys and where you, the player, fit in. Regardless, the presentation and the execution are both top notch and very enjoyable. Throw in stellar graphics, quality game play, and a pleasing variety of equipment and missions. I cannot praise the single player campaign enough--a game that's actually worth its price tag. Expand
  59. Sep 10, 2011
    Frankly the game's multiplayer was pretty crappy, but to be honest I think most of the bad scores came from Battlefield fanboys who troll all over anything faintly Call of Duty related. Single player was epic and awesome, never got repetitive in a single run although not as replayable as some other shooters (I played it over 4 times though), and the Spec Ops mode was a brilliant idea.Frankly the game's multiplayer was pretty crappy, but to be honest I think most of the bad scores came from Battlefield fanboys who troll all over anything faintly Call of Duty related. Single player was epic and awesome, never got repetitive in a single run although not as replayable as some other shooters (I played it over 4 times though), and the Spec Ops mode was a brilliant idea. Multiplayer was unbalanced but very ambitious as it added many new elements to CoD multiplayer. Spent a lot of time playing it (like around 300 hours), but to be honest it wasn't THAT good, although it is still decent entertainment. All in all it deserves a 9, and it is one of the best shooters I have ever played. Expand
  60. Jan 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great Game!
    From last 10 years i have been playing Quake, Unreal, Half-life, Battle Field and many FPS, but most of time Single Player.
    Now with COD MW and COD MW2 i have started playing on-line and i can't stop!
    Great game, even without server, if you have many friends from the same region you will won't experience great delays or lags (But this happen some times :-(
    This game could replace counter-strike in a future :-)
  61. Mar 8, 2011
    I used to love the Call of Duty games up until the industry decided that PC gamers just don't buy games anymore. Now many of the game designers just make games for underpowered and overpriced console systems, and younger PC gamers don't have a clue what PC gaming used to be like or what they are missing out on. Now we all get stuck with overpriced console ports that look like they haveI used to love the Call of Duty games up until the industry decided that PC gamers just don't buy games anymore. Now many of the game designers just make games for underpowered and overpriced console systems, and younger PC gamers don't have a clue what PC gaming used to be like or what they are missing out on. Now we all get stuck with overpriced console ports that look like they have the same graphics that games on PC had 3 or 4 years ago, as if the PC version is just an after thought and a way to make some extra cash. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of those games. The first Call of Duty games were well known for their single player mode, and in Call of Duty 2, the MP was quite good for its time. I bought MW2 when it went on sale (which is not very often for this greedy company- it's still $60 on Steam even AFTER Black Ops came out!). I refuse to pay $60 for a PC game that is simply an after thought, and originally intended to be played on a limited console. First off, I wasn't very impressed at all with single player. It was short, and the story was very boring, as if it was just thrown in there to justify the price. Multiplayer was fun for a little while, but again I got bored because it seemed like there was the one or two guys on top that had the higher ranks all the time that would just blow the crap out of everyone else because they had the better weapons, etc. It didn't look to me like there was much of any match making built into this game, or, if there was, it sure didn't seem to work very well. As I got better guns and skills moving up in the ranks, things did get better for me and less frustrating, but it still got boring after awhile. Zombie mode was fun for a little while, but again it gets boring after awhile when you have no real goal except to see how long you can stay alive the next time you play. There are no dedicated servers in this game, which is just poor, but then this was just a console port and the PC version was an after thought. A couple of DLCs were released for the PC, which were just maps and priced at $15, which to me is just a ridiculous price for a map pack with no added features. What really bugs me is that people will actually pay that high of a price for a map pack! I mean come on, are people THAT stupid!? No wonder they don't give a crap about making a quality game, because no matter how **** they make it people will line up to buy it! Now COD: Black Ops is out, and I refuse to once again pay $60 for that game, after being disappointed with this. Even though Activision must have realized too late what they were missing out on when Steam announced they made a billion dollars selling PC games online, and added dedicated servers to black ops, I think it's too little too late. Activision, has alienated this PC gamer, but they can probably count on the sheep who like the abuse to keep buying your Call of Duty titles for a little while longer, until finally even they will get tired of it. And for years to come they'll have console geeks buying up overpriced games that have no clue what PC gaming is really like. Let us know when you have decided to care about us PC gamers again, Activision. I'll be first in line when a title that is actually worthy of $60 is released by your company-- even at the sale price I bought MW2 for, I feel like I was cheated. Expand
  62. Jan 31, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2; the game that made sure CoD will never use any new content and didn't revolutionize anything. Let us begin with the campaign. The characters of the campaign are forgettable and you probably won't remember them for too long because they are uninteresting and boring. The only character anyone ever seems to remember is Ghost, whom in reality is also a boring character butModern Warfare 2; the game that made sure CoD will never use any new content and didn't revolutionize anything. Let us begin with the campaign. The characters of the campaign are forgettable and you probably won't remember them for too long because they are uninteresting and boring. The only character anyone ever seems to remember is Ghost, whom in reality is also a boring character but appeals to younger kids because of his "cool" skull mask. Nothing really interesting, though. The game also has a story to it, but it's so disorganized and poorly written that you probably won't care much for it either. At some parts, it sounds like the developers just asked their 4-year-old children to write a few lines, "Then they go down a big big hill, oh and there's also a bunch of trees that they're going by and then there's a guy in a snowmobile going "pew pew" at you with his guns then he hits a rock and it's like BOOM! then you're going down in the snowmobile too still and you go by a tree then you're on the big slope then you're launched in the air and fly thousands of feet!" ... The campaign is very ugly and mediocre. It has decent to nice graphics, though, but it can't save the game. Moving on to the multiplayer, the multiplayer of MW2 is probably the most unbalanced multiplayer you will ever play. The premise of each round is that you're going to get killstreaks, but the killstreaks are so hideously over-powered that you will literally become an invincible time bomb just ticking away to see how long you get until someone gets lucky and manages to pop one in you if you don't kill the entire team first. You earn one killstreak to kill a few people, which leads to another killstreak that continuously branches off to more and more killstreaks; you pretty much get a bonus to kill more people for already killing people. It's a hideous idea that should never be done in a game and if it does it should at least be done well and balanced, which Infinity Ward failed at doing with the multiplayer. Neither the campaign nor the multiplayer are any good. The single and only redeeming factor about Modern Warfare 2 is the Spec Ops missions, which after a while will become boring, and even then they aren't too great. They are, for the most part, the only little interesting parts from the campaign pasted into one montage that you can play with your friends.
    Don't buy this game, you're only wasting your money.
  63. Feb 23, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic singly player campaign mode. The story and gameplay were spectacular to say the least. I don't care about multiplayer so if you don't either, you will thoroughly enjoy this game.
  64. Jan 1, 2012
    Looking at crappy MW3 or absolutely terrible BO I would say MW2 still have best multiplayer. No lag compensation, shotguns are usable, akimbo is working, tubes are working as intended, variety of maps with different play style, smart respawn system, better sound (sound in BO was complete crap, in MW3 for some reason I cannot locate source of sound in 80% time). Long live to Infinity WardLooking at crappy MW3 or absolutely terrible BO I would say MW2 still have best multiplayer. No lag compensation, shotguns are usable, akimbo is working, tubes are working as intended, variety of maps with different play style, smart respawn system, better sound (sound in BO was complete crap, in MW3 for some reason I cannot locate source of sound in 80% time). Long live to Infinity Ward after leaving Activision! Expand
  65. Mar 20, 2011
    Great game... really great.. its realistic, a lot of action is going on .. graphics are fantastic.. you really feel like ur in the middle of the field.. awesome
  66. Apr 20, 2011
    OK, I'm not a hardcore gamer, I may sometimes play certain games quite a bit, but nothing compared to a typical CoD fan of my age. The single-player, I found spectacular! The story for me was amazing, and even though I found some parts slightly annoying, it was a pleasure to play. I started at normal, since I hadn't had much experience before, and I am now playing it for my 3rd time, butOK, I'm not a hardcore gamer, I may sometimes play certain games quite a bit, but nothing compared to a typical CoD fan of my age. The single-player, I found spectacular! The story for me was amazing, and even though I found some parts slightly annoying, it was a pleasure to play. I started at normal, since I hadn't had much experience before, and I am now playing it for my 3rd time, but on Veteran, just because I like it. The co-op has a nice range of missions, and are especially enjoyable to play with a friend. I love the multi-player, I don't care that IWNet can sometimes be an absolute pain, because it's that much fun when I do find a game. I don't care when the leading team gets an epic kill-streak, it encourages me to keep fighting. I don't care when other people have better classes, I WILL get there eventually. I don't care about hackers, I can just find another random server. This is how much I enjoy the game. I am glad when I plant the bomb, I am glad when I'm top of the table, I am glad when I finally get my kill-streak. If you're annoyed about this games tiny problems, you don't know the meaning of fun. Expand
  67. Apr 24, 2011
    The user reviews for this game should be completely thrown out. The ONLY complaint for this game is with the PC version of the online. There should have been dedicated servers. I played on the Xbox for over 400 hours and it never bothered me and it didn't bother me when I switched to the PC either. Get over it. You guys are idiots for giving this game a 3.7 when it should be a 9. IThe user reviews for this game should be completely thrown out. The ONLY complaint for this game is with the PC version of the online. There should have been dedicated servers. I played on the Xbox for over 400 hours and it never bothered me and it didn't bother me when I switched to the PC either. Get over it. You guys are idiots for giving this game a 3.7 when it should be a 9. I personally think that it deserves a 10 though. Absolutely amazing single-player campaign and extremely fun co-op that I played through multiple times (including veteran on both). Plus one of the most fun multi-player games of all time. A very worthy sequel to one of the most stunning games in video game history, CoD4. Expand
  68. May 8, 2011
    Essentially, at its core, this is a beautiful game. A great storyline idea but, when you play it you feel as if the levels have been put together as if it were a two year old putting together a jigsaw. It's is just a jumbled mess of good ideas and potential. The only thing I particularly liked was (cue drum roll) the multiplayer. It was definitely a step up from WAW and MW1. Some may notEssentially, at its core, this is a beautiful game. A great storyline idea but, when you play it you feel as if the levels have been put together as if it were a two year old putting together a jigsaw. It's is just a jumbled mess of good ideas and potential. The only thing I particularly liked was (cue drum roll) the multiplayer. It was definitely a step up from WAW and MW1. Some may not agree with me on that point but I'll stand my ground in any argument a bout it's "terrible" multiplayer. Expand
  69. May 20, 2011
    Infinity Ward is out with there second game in the Call of Duty series. The "For the Record" campaign is one of the best ive played, with a well produced storyline and an intense, constantly moving struggle keeps you on the edge of your seat. Overall the game's engine is very poor compared to similar EA titles. The multiplayer is very criticized due to its overpowered weapons andInfinity Ward is out with there second game in the Call of Duty series. The "For the Record" campaign is one of the best ive played, with a well produced storyline and an intense, constantly moving struggle keeps you on the edge of your seat. Overall the game's engine is very poor compared to similar EA titles. The multiplayer is very criticized due to its overpowered weapons and unrealistic gameplay/killstreak system. As much as you call it unrealistic, when playing you will find yourself having a lot of fun. Some people say that there are a lot of bugs but this late in the game most bugs are patched and i haven't encountered a game-killing bug yet. Still today with the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, this game remains superior in the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  70. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unrealistic and provides a horrendous job at grasping the feel as if the player is really in armed combat. Story line is bland and un-tasteful providing no originality (Russians are being atrocious again and the good guys need to stop them because they have WMDs). The decent graphics and somewhat interesting combat do not come even close to suffice the mediocre game design. Expand
  71. Jun 4, 2011
    This review covers the single player PC experience. This was the best Call of Duty I've played so far. I have yet to try Black Ops. Let me just say that the gameplay, physics, graphics, and atmosphere were amazing. Being a Desert Storm veteran I can honestly say that the game captured the desert warfare very well. The game also brought back memories of the movie Red Dawn. I alsoThis review covers the single player PC experience. This was the best Call of Duty I've played so far. I have yet to try Black Ops. Let me just say that the gameplay, physics, graphics, and atmosphere were amazing. Being a Desert Storm veteran I can honestly say that the game captured the desert warfare very well. The game also brought back memories of the movie Red Dawn. I also enjoyed the twists of the game where it left me saying "No way!" A hands-down must get, even for fifty bucks. Expand
  72. Aug 2, 2011
    The Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with something half good and not a masterpiece. Call of Duty MW2 has its production values, its popular, it has high quality models, shooting animations and sounds which do provides players some immediate satisfying gameplay (for a short time). But theThe Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with something half good and not a masterpiece. Call of Duty MW2 has its production values, its popular, it has high quality models, shooting animations and sounds which do provides players some immediate satisfying gameplay (for a short time). But the overall 'game' of MW2 is a mixed bag and fails to be something really special, not just a 'fun' or 'popular' game. The single player story is a bad joke, the themes and meanings the story portrays are a contradictory muddled mess. The special Op missions do offer some well designed gameplay but why the story mode is not intertwined is confusing, I would have preferred the entire story dropped for more Special Ops. The multiplayer can be fun for short periods of time but does lack depth which is why it has not resonated as a competitive Esport title. I do recommend MW2 due its surface fun and value for money but it lacks to what should have been something much much more. Expand
  73. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is ok, but the skill factor is almost 0. The guns are like toys, water guns, there is no recoil even if we are walking and shooting whole magazine out at the same time, maybe it's because it's a console game and it would be hard to play with a pad with recoil. The game isn't also about tactic, you are just sprinting, shooting, sprinting, shooting and it has so few new stuff, thatThis game is ok, but the skill factor is almost 0. The guns are like toys, water guns, there is no recoil even if we are walking and shooting whole magazine out at the same time, maybe it's because it's a console game and it would be hard to play with a pad with recoil. The game isn't also about tactic, you are just sprinting, shooting, sprinting, shooting and it has so few new stuff, that this game could be a DLC for modern warfare 1. Expand
  74. Sep 2, 2011
    Lets start with the campaign, it's very fun and full of action, although some bits are a tad too hard like when your're in the gulag in the locker-rooms and there are tonnes of people with riot shields. I love the range of guns and attachments available and the game play is very flexible in how there are sometimes alternate routes etc.

Now to Multiplayer, although it does take ages to get

Now to Multiplayer, although it does take ages to get into a game and 10% of the time there will be a connection error. Another 10% of the time there is an annoying smug **** who gets like 40 kills. In another 10% of games there is hacks like explosive ammo ect. But when you get into a good game, and start building up kills it becomes really fun and addictive. Private matches are great but its too bad that there isn't much flexability. The game is worth a buy and nowadays you can pick it up some places for like a tenna
  75. Aug 8, 2011
    Plain and simple, this is not a PC game. There are very few console ports that I absolutely condemn, but this is one of them. I am absolutely confused by the way Infinity Ward and Activision handled this game, especially after the phenomenal success that Call of Duty 4 PC was. There are good points, though.

The Single Player, while short, is one of the best single player experiences of

The Single Player, while short, is one of the best single player experiences of any FPS I have ever played. I played through the campaign shortly after returning from a trip to DC, and I have to say, fighting through the streets of a burning DC was one of the most heartbreaking segments of any video game I've played to date. The story is entertaining, the characters are interesting, and it's just a generally good experience. This is where the good ends.

Multiplayer, the selling point for the CoD games to date is the most horrid experience available. The first, and in my opinion, biggest issue that Modern Warfare suffers from is the lack of dedicated servers. The choice to go with IWNet is something I will absolutely never understand. It destroys the longstanding community that has always existed in CoD games. There is a reason why thousands of people still play CoD4, and it's not because something so idiotic as IWNet was used. The other major issue that is partially a result of the lack of dedicated servers would be the immense amount of hacking that goes on. Using Steam's antivirus software hasn't worked out at all. It's almost impossible to find a game where someone isn't hacking. There really isn't any point in listing the other numerous bugs, exploits, and general issues that exist within Modern Warfare 2, as they have been listed many times over in other reviews, so I won't. This piece of garbage should never have been released, and I really, sincerely hope that Infinity Ward and Activision have learned from their mistakes.
  76. Aug 29, 2011
    This was my first game in the CoD series, and I have mixed feelings from it. The singleplayer campaing was good, with alot of twists, but perhaps a tad to short. The multiplayer is solid, but it doesn't step away from what has been there since Counter-Strike. Most players tend to go as quickly for the floor as they possibly can and quick reactions is your best friend if you wanna survive.This was my first game in the CoD series, and I have mixed feelings from it. The singleplayer campaing was good, with alot of twists, but perhaps a tad to short. The multiplayer is solid, but it doesn't step away from what has been there since Counter-Strike. Most players tend to go as quickly for the floor as they possibly can and quick reactions is your best friend if you wanna survive. For me, it was frustrating at some times as these kinds of game are fun to play but sadly, I seem to lack the skills. The kill streaks is a nice addition to the multiplayer but at 60$ it's still alot to pay. Expand
  77. Aug 29, 2011
    call of duty single player and special ops is excellent,though the special ops is a little difficult but it is very fun ,in multiplayer is good too,but it has many disadvantages too!some unbalanced weapon like akimbo g18 grenade launcher and all sendry launchers that can kill people,at least iw should make g18 less bullet,i think 12-17 is better,and make it less acccruty and lesscall of duty single player and special ops is excellent,though the special ops is a little difficult but it is very fun ,in multiplayer is good too,but it has many disadvantages too!some unbalanced weapon like akimbo g18 grenade launcher and all sendry launchers that can kill people,at least iw should make g18 less bullet,i think 12-17 is better,and make it less acccruty and less damage,grenade launcher must be aim to shot ,or that will be like sniper,this is what i think,and most call of duty fans think,many of my friends dont like that,and almost all player play over 150 hours hate that,when i see xx was killed by these weapon,half of them will say,noob tuber or gay 18 or rpg.......i hope call of duty 8 will learn from 7,that is fair,though lag Expand
  78. Oct 25, 2011
    I know, I know. No dedicated servers, yap. Pretty **** But that's not what I needed to have fun in MW2. And I had a lot of it. If I want them though -> Ok, let's play COD4. There is something perfectly special when it comes to Moder Warfare 2. Something exotic. Simply fits my taste. 10.
  79. Oct 28, 2011
    Just few words about Modern Warfare: Best FPS game series ever existed. Nothing can beat Modern Warfare in being best shooter, not buggy Battlefield, not anything else.
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    Currently it is the real time of playing MW2. After noobtubing with One Man Army and Danger Close for 2 years, it gets boring. Very few people on this game still noobtube. There are obviously 2 versions of the game on PC: alterIW, which is free to download on the internet, plays great with a nice fanbase and has dedicated servers or the Steam version, which is obviously the original gameCurrently it is the real time of playing MW2. After noobtubing with One Man Army and Danger Close for 2 years, it gets boring. Very few people on this game still noobtube. There are obviously 2 versions of the game on PC: alterIW, which is free to download on the internet, plays great with a nice fanbase and has dedicated servers or the Steam version, which is obviously the original game for a fee.
    All-in-all, the game should have had more support after release, but what can we do..
  81. Nov 15, 2011
    It's a really good "sequel" of CoD4. Great spectacular campaign, special operations and very very very good multiplayer. Graphics is better then in CoD4, more kill-strikes, everything more. The only one thing that could be much better is IWnet. I prefer dedicated servers.
  82. Nov 16, 2011
    It's hard to place, but there's something about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which makes it great. The campaign mode: the story is confusing at first and when you actually think about it, it's a bit flawed as well. However, the missions are suitably action packed and put you in a wide enough variety of locations to be really quite enjoyable.

Special Ops: Basically just random missions

Special Ops: Basically just random missions in locations (mostly) from the campaign, Special Ops are, in my opinion, just as enjoyable as multiplayer. You can play them alone or with a friend (which I recommend if possible, not only does it add to the fun but some Ops are excessively difficult when by yourself) and gain stars upon completion which unlock more Ops. The diversity of the objectives and locations makes Special Ops a fantastic game mode.

Multiplayer: PC players in general seem to be really quite upset at the IWNet system, which removes dedicated servers. Whilst this is an odd and undeniably poor decision, the people who are complaining about it seem to be deliberately forcing themselves not to have fun nonetheless, which is quite an achievement considering just how fun it is. Again, the diversity of the maps is great, but the customization options available are what makes Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer mode absolutely fantastic.
  83. Nov 16, 2011
    Im a single player gamer, and must say the campaign in this game is very good. Enjoyable levels with a good weapon selection. Superior to Black ops in single player, but can't judge the multiplayer because it's not my thing.
  84. Nov 18, 2011
    Zero support for dedicated servers, no modding tools, no admin tools nothing. They just slapped up some "some dedicated" servers and advertised that as one of the main attributes of MW3. The dedicated servers are not ranked and count pretty much as private matches, no unlocks, nothings. Stupid - stop supporting this franchise, they have continued to disappoint for several games in a rowZero support for dedicated servers, no modding tools, no admin tools nothing. They just slapped up some "some dedicated" servers and advertised that as one of the main attributes of MW3. The dedicated servers are not ranked and count pretty much as private matches, no unlocks, nothings. Stupid - stop supporting this franchise, they have continued to disappoint for several games in a row now and that is enough Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    It's an okay game. I can actually tell the difference between this game and Call of Duty 4, I can't tell the difference between MW2 and MW3. For me, I keep rating lower for every Call of Duty since 4.
  86. Nov 29, 2011
    It's just so much fun watching videos about screaming kids getting pwn'd by 69 year olds. This is game is great when displayed on YouTube, I never actually played it, but who cares? This is the best game since sliced bread!
  87. Nov 29, 2011
    The game lacks the environment of a true multiplayer joy, simply lacks it.

However single player story was a real "production" (hollywood?). It provides excitement and great atmosphere. It is one of the best that I have seen in a FPS.
  88. Mar 28, 2012
    Positives-The addition of new weapons. The addition of spec ops. Spec ops contains a lot of new content and provides a new way to play. When writing my review the average user score is low. I don't agree. It is obvious that Infinity Ward spent a lot of hard work on this game. There is a lot of attention to detail.
  89. Feb 20, 2012
    COD game play itself far better than bf3. Where it lacks and at risk of sounding redundant, lack of multiplayer dedicated lan or otherwise. From what I gather, the plan to not have lan or dedicated is due to piracy , I could be wrong, however, they are so concerned with piracy as the new fad, they did nothing, "again, redundant" about the hackers messing up game play for others. The good:COD game play itself far better than bf3. Where it lacks and at risk of sounding redundant, lack of multiplayer dedicated lan or otherwise. From what I gather, the plan to not have lan or dedicated is due to piracy , I could be wrong, however, they are so concerned with piracy as the new fad, they did nothing, "again, redundant" about the hackers messing up game play for others. The good: Great weapons, graphics, ease of game play, a fun time. The bad: Hackers, campers, lack of multiplayer support on private lan. Those who say it's not about multiplayer, how long will you play it by yourself? For many of us, we love multiplayer and could care less about campaign. I'd rather go up against other players any day. If the game was campaign only and there was absolutely no multiplayer, the game would be NOTHING. It wouldn't sell. Both users, cheerleaders and makers of the game need to realize this. Do what others have done, sell the campaign, release a free multiplayer version. It's been done with very successful results in the past. Any way, the point, I would have rated this much higher if priorities were in order. Get it together, keep multiplayer dedicated alive, the object is to have fun, not to jump through corporate red tape to play a game. Expand
  90. Mar 3, 2012
    Although Modern Warfare 2 doesn't break any new ground and it has some minor issues in terms of its implementation, it is nevertheless a welcome, well-rounded addition to the Call of Duty series.
  91. Mar 16, 2012
    I want to start this review with a quote from the FMX 2009 speaker from R&D Activision in terms of "Creating Realism in Games": "Today it is impossible to create realism in games as you need 2.000.000 polygons to model a realistic human face. But yes: gameplay is king!"
    +++
    Looking back at MW1, having a well told story with realistic motivations in its characters, MW2 has a quite more fictional story with Russia invading the USA over night with helicopters -- nice defenses there! The game has some cool moments, but in terms of gameplay -- which is king BTW -- the game kills you off. It is quite ridiculous trying the hardest part of a mission dozens of times as you die from enemy gunfire having to restart from a checkpoint 1.000 bullets past and then getting shot by teammates NOT ONLY ONCE!!! The game might use this to tell some motivations but I wonder where is the (sorry) f***ing difference between you dying there or one meter past!?
    +++
    Another ridiculous thing are quicktime events, where you can feel where a Wii player has his moments. Yet again you are unable to open doors while you have to do all the blowing up and pushing forward stuff. Some missions are more or less a shooting gallery: "Go there! Pick up that! Shoot this! Now go over there!" If I want to play something like that, I'd return to Serious Sam....
    +++
    Level design also very "interesting" if take your time and look around: There is not a single ladder or stairs up those roofs or no second door to a room enemies continuous keep coming at you -- no tents either....
    +++
    For the multiplayer most issues have been mentioned (matchmaking, cheaters, no voting, etc.). What CoD multiplayer always was is a team game. Here players are not only scattered on the map and randomly respawned behind some enemy (and vice versa) -- adding random deaths -- plus having no more ingame communication -- voice chat was the first to turn off as any kiddy used it as ingame radio broadcast for bad music.
    Killstreak rewards are flooding the tiny maps making it impossible to play without several perks you need to unlock first. Here it is playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be -- or at least stand a chance.
    After all I had fun with the game with a group of friends playing the game to play as an entire team. Still in case of cheaters all had to leave the server and retry, joining the same guy again!
    +++
    All in all this game is more frustrating than being fun. But always remember: "Gameplay is king!"
  92. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby inI already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby in which to play in, it really annoys me. Expand
  93. Aug 18, 2012
    Never played the campaign (Not a big fan on killing arabs in the desert), but the multiplayer is alot of fun and addicting. For an FPS, this is a great game. For all of the people hating it, tell me if you know a better multiplayer FPS please.
  94. Nov 28, 2012
    Single player is really fun.
    Spec-ops are also fun.
    I usually stay out of multiplayer because of people being people and they ruing the fun. Which in this case is no exception.
    If you don't need to play the multiplayer than it is fun.
  95. Jan 5, 2013
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 delivers a very unique experience for us,if you like getting killed by 2 bullets and your bullets not getting a hitmarker at all even you aim in front of a enemy,if you like getting "tubed" by users every 4 seconds,if you like getting killed behind 4 walls,then buy it,it's the game for you.
  96. Feb 28, 2013
    Very cool Multiplayer-Fun!
  97. Apr 25, 2014
    This game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that theThis game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that the next one will sell in a year. Expand
  98. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is filled with 4-13 year olds. NINTENDO YOU GOT ME! TAKE THIS BAD GAME AND THROW ALL OF IT IN THE FIRE. Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  99. Nov 13, 2013
  100. Mar 4, 2014
    Despite the plot is very good, the game is pathetic. Maps are made in this way, that when I played I felt like in a tube. Feeling of shooting is awful. Graphic is the same like in the prequel. It is worse than free-to-play game's. I think the first CoD's multiplayer was better, because there were vehicles. All in all is extremely horrible. I definitely don't recommend this game.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.