2.4

1. Nov 9, 2011
    same cod experience as the last two modern warfares, same storyline same action same buildings....

also extreamily short single player, finished in one sitting.

made fatal mistake of getting this on pc so i cant even trade it in.fail.
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    This is by far the biggest pile of trash I have installed on my PC. The graphics actually look worse than MW2 because Activision decided that console ports will make them richer. I believe they pay critics big $$ to give good reviews. The joke of a campaign can be completed with hardly any effort since it is a roller-coaster on rails, and mulitplayer deserves no mention at all.This is by far the biggest pile of trash I have installed on my PC. The graphics actually look worse than MW2 because Activision decided that console ports will make them richer. I believe they pay critics big $$ to give good reviews. The joke of a campaign can be completed with hardly any effort since it is a roller-coaster on rails, and mulitplayer deserves no mention at all. Unfortunately once you have seen this game, you cannot unsee it and will have to live with the bitter taste that cost $60. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    This franchise is a total disgrace from it's roots. After COD 4 it has gone straight down hill. This use to be the best modable game for FPS shooters.. it's now no skills needed run and gun and die on the smallest maps you ever seen.. terrible DLC looking games being released as FULL over priced games on a yearly basis. They need to fire the whole lot and get back to what made the seriesThis franchise is a total disgrace from it's roots. After COD 4 it has gone straight down hill. This use to be the best modable game for FPS shooters.. it's now no skills needed run and gun and die on the smallest maps you ever seen.. terrible DLC looking games being released as FULL over priced games on a yearly basis. They need to fire the whole lot and get back to what made the series popular.. community mods and servers with actual content and cutting edge additions. You can sell ferilizer all day at the flower shop markets..looks like fertilizer is now sold daily in the video game market as well. Wait a few years and see if they return to their senses. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    You cant give the game a 0.....but you cant give the game anything more than a 5 either. I question the "professional" reviewers and their integrity by awarding this game so highly. At its best its a map pack for MW2. Only buy this game if you after the exact experience you have had for entire MW series. I actually look back and think that MW1 was superior to this entry. It was excitingYou cant give the game a 0.....but you cant give the game anything more than a 5 either. I question the "professional" reviewers and their integrity by awarding this game so highly. At its best its a map pack for MW2. Only buy this game if you after the exact experience you have had for entire MW series. I actually look back and think that MW1 was superior to this entry. It was exciting and fresh. The maps on this are poorly designed and small. It encourages sub machine gun run and shoot play only. The spawn points are just awful. The only people giving this game high reviews are fan boys who dont understand gaming. I will say its a prefessional package and put together with quality.....but the developers should be good at this by now.....they have done it three times in a row. Expand
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    Same, same, same..... i think it would be better that you did the mw2 expansion set... too short campaign and same graphics, same maps for multiplayer... you could do this 2 years ago... infinity ward, you did fire the wrong persons 2 years ago... do something new pls...
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    change the campaign, add some perks, and add some maps to MW 2 and you get MW 3. Stop selling the same crap back to us and start investing in ideas that are fresh, innovative and redefining.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    If you play any Call of Duty titles you've played this game as well. Ill start with the single player which seems to be the only "new" part added to the game. Unfortunately its the same as other fps games. It took me less than three hours to finish the campaign which is nothing more than a run of the mill story that was somewhat hard for me to follow at times. You have the sameIf you play any Call of Duty titles you've played this game as well. Ill start with the single player which seems to be the only "new" part added to the game. Unfortunately its the same as other fps games. It took me less than three hours to finish the campaign which is nothing more than a run of the mill story that was somewhat hard for me to follow at times. You have the same infinitely spawning enemies that try to kill you before you and your team reaches the objective which just leads to a somewhat dull story telling experience. But in the end 98% of people don't buy the game for the story they buy it for the countless hours of multilayer enjoyment that we all come to love with modern games. Sadly I just don't feel they delivered what we all were expecting when this game was being hyped up. Its the same graphics same sound and unfortunately the same feel as the past two games just with a new name and a brand new game price tag slapped on a box. But it is a structurally solid game and I haven't encountered may bugs that cant be attributed to release day bugs but I just cant get past it having the EXACT same feel as the past two games had. For me this feels like nothing more than a glorified map pack that has been polished a bit and I for one refuse to give a developer credit for what I consider lazy and unoriginal work. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Only thing good I can say about MW3 is it is was on Steam with free CoD4! Other than that this game is a spoof. Low res textures everywhere, worst AI and same game without a feeling!

I liked MW. It was a great game. Played MW2, it still was somewhat good but lost the feel a bit. For MW3, all that is totally gone and game is nothing but a recycled trash. Finished it in 3 hours! Basically

Finished it in 3 hours! Basically a DLC with a big big price tag on it.

And surprise! There is another one coming in 2012! Wow!

Do not spend your hard earned money on a garbage like that.
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    It's just an over-hyped update for an old game, not a new game you would expect. It looks and feels more or less the same as CoD: Black Ops, and is more an arcade point-and-shoot game rather than a tactical shooter. It is a very entertaining game, though... for the first half an hour.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    This is basically a map pack for MW2. I really regret paying £39 for this pile of junk.. With the previous debacle on lack of dedicated servers I was in two minds whether to buy this or not. Having read the reviews I decided to give it a go and it was a mistake. For starters the graphics and the engine are really starting to show their age. Having also purchased BF3 (no I amThis is basically a map pack for MW2. I really regret paying £39 for this pile of junk.. With the previous debacle on lack of dedicated servers I was in two minds whether to buy this or not. Having read the reviews I decided to give it a go and it was a mistake. For starters the graphics and the engine are really starting to show their age. Having also purchased BF3 (no I am not a fan boy) there is a stark difference in the quality of the graphics that is almost emabarrising. The same applies to the sound.

Secondly the game just feels like an add on for MW2... the weapons feel the same, the whole package feels very similar. Overall this feels to me like they are milking gamers. With such a high selling franchise why haven't they moved this to a more up to date engine? Having made so much money off of this cash cow surely they are in the best position to do this.

On the plus side the new awards system is a good idea in that it doesn't just focus on kill streaks... that's about it.

I really don't understand the mag reviews giving this 90%'s etc...
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't believe I wasted $50 on another copy of Modern Warfare 2. SPOILER: It is exactly the same formula as has been seen in the last two games, and if anything isn't as good as them, as i thoroughly enjoyed those games, and this one is just pathetic. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I really wish I could give this game a good review, but I cant. Im really sick of having to buy the same game over and over. Sure this game is slightly fresh but i feel like im playing the same game. If you've been playing COD for a long time it's really the same game with a different name. If you've never played COD before and you like FPS games then you will probably enjoy this game.I really wish I could give this game a good review, but I cant. Im really sick of having to buy the same game over and over. Sure this game is slightly fresh but i feel like im playing the same game. If you've been playing COD for a long time it's really the same game with a different name. If you've never played COD before and you like FPS games then you will probably enjoy this game. Otherwise this game is really just another way for the franchise to squeeze more and more money out of consumers. Not sure why I bought this game. It was probably because I have always been a fan of COD, but this is really too much. I think there might be ulterior motives for the distributors due to the amount of re-masking and re-releasing the same game. I feel bad for the developers who have probably been impeded from improving the engine because the distributors realized that making a new name with the same engine without improvements is a major cash cow. Anyways, I hate to sound like another one of these BF3 guys but I have been extremely surprised and amazed with BF3. I've never been a fan of BF series but even release day of MW3 i stopped to play BF3 and didnt even realize how much fun I was having without COD. I would recommend to anyone to check both games out and make your own decision, but it should be pretty clear which game you should really get if you do the research and test both out properly. Thank you DICE for such a great game, you have turned one more COD player into a BF player! Activison... shame on you for ruining COD. You greedy jerks prevent developers like Infinity Ward from making substantial changes worth my $59.99. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Well, talk about a disappointment. Will not make the mistake of buying another COD game...They repackage the same BS in every iteration. What is the damn point to buying this? Why do we need a new COD game EVERY year??? Repetitive, derivative, and stale. PASS.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is always the same no change, Activion mocks us. For this price the game is completely useless. in 2011 he could get out a better game, but not he prefers to release a game every month!
  15. Xem
    Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Big fan of COD4, this new one disapoint me, the lack of dedicated server from MW2 is still here, Activision don't listend what we say and what we need !
    It's just the same **** as before with a new name and they attempt us to be happy? Well, i think it's better to burn your money than buy this, at least you can enjoy the beautifull smoke comming out from the bill !

a big 0 for me, if negative rating were allowed it would be -10 !
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    My MW3 experience: Installed, started multiplayer, played for 30 minutes, quit, went back to playing Minecraft. that should sum up everything you need to know about MW3. The best way to describe it is a map pack for MW2 with some bugs thrown in.
    Campaign: continuation of MW2, same style, script twists, endings. gets pretty boring
    Multiplayer: maps are small, spawn right next to an
    Multiplayer: maps are small, spawn right next to an enemy, die, respawn next to another one, etc, the lack of ranked dedicated servers is a huge let down.
    every review I read or heard, all the videos leading up to the release, the dev interviews, made this game sound like it was going to blow away MW2 and BF3, well...
    I'm gonna go ahead and just say it, after all the hype, I'm voting this to be the most disappointing game of all time.
    Sticking with BF3.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a map pack for call of duty mw2. Would you pay $60 for a map pack? All they did was change the 2 to a 3. I would have given it a five but after reading about how they were trying to boost metacritic scores I needed to bring the score down to where it belongs.
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    Activision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask whenActivision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask when they tried to sell this to me, the robbing B**t*rds. I have snapped the DVD's and binned them in frustration... and this is the last time i buy a Call of Duty Title.. If you want to be robbed in broad Daylight buy the game, otherwise steer clear and go for something like BF3... Arrrrrghhhh SO ANNOYED !!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    I was till this game a fan of MW series. I'm not afraid of bugs or lags. But MW3 was a huge disappointment, cause it's a real degradation for the series. Now the graphic is more blurry, but cause it doesn't handle AA good, things like fences flicker. And really - that's not a graphic for 2011. The only thing why I brought the game was for the Story, everything else turned out unpolished and old.
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    I love COD im a fanboy. But to release a game like this is a joke. I'm prestige 15 in blackops and play it all the time. The idea that there are no dedicated ranked servers make this game a steaming pile of crap. I'll never play this game again. Waste of money and time. I won't play the next cod unless they have dedicated servers. Terrible terrible game. Absolutely Terrible.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    I used to be fan of COD since COD2. But I am sorry enough is enough! This game is just same ol same! I may as well play MW2 and have exact same experience! Save your money and don't buy this game or you will be sorry as I am. P.S.
    It's looks like we are back in to 2007. Graphics are horrible for 2011!!!!!
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best map pack yet for modern warfare 2, it comes with an all new campaign and spec ops missions and about 8 new multiplayer maps, yes they are all new and dont use any of the same layouts or buildings as call of duty 4 at all. The thing i like best about call of duty is how easy the multiplayer is, i just sit in a corner and fire until i run out of ammo, you have to buy thisThis is the best map pack yet for modern warfare 2, it comes with an all new campaign and spec ops missions and about 8 new multiplayer maps, yes they are all new and dont use any of the same layouts or buildings as call of duty 4 at all. The thing i like best about call of duty is how easy the multiplayer is, i just sit in a corner and fire until i run out of ammo, you have to buy this game to see its amazing visuals, probably the best ever visuals you will see on an IPAD ever, i dont get how they got this to work its amazing. Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously don't be a sheep and just blindly buy this game because it only motivate the publishers or creators to milk the game even more then it already. This game is practically a big map pack from MW2 and most of the building were reused
  24. Nov 14, 2011
    Really you wwant to **** about the reviews than do a better JOB. UNfu*king believable hacking already, **** servers, rehashed maps from previous games the list goes on and on and you know they will have some $20 add on in 3 months. Hey activision trying making a game thats fair for everybody or is that TTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to ask.
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    I think the overall comments presented are indicative of what I also feel -- rehash of Modern Warfare 2 AND reusing so much of MW2's assets. In fact, it's no where near as good as MW2 with it's extremely small maps (and thus spawn issues) and P2P crap.

It's really vexing that they resell the same game with slight modifications -- and THEN -- have the AUDACITY to price it at FULL price.
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    IW/ Activation really need to read and listen. I cant be bothered to go over the same negative's that have been mentioned time and time again.
    COD should cater online competitive play, regardless of the platform, a patch designed to iron out these can be EASILY made.
  27. Nov 14, 2011
    I made an account, just so i can submit a review for this terrible game.
    all this is, is a MW2 expansion pack... SAME exact thing as MW2, just new story and multiplayer maps...

Can they get any more original? at least they tried making a new game after CoD4, with MW2.. but this is just lazy..
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy.I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy. It is not worth all the hype. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2011
    This is Modern warfare 2 expansion pack for 60$. Single player campaign is ok. Multiplayer sucks. NO dedicated ranked server so Matchmaking sucks. Robert bowling is liar and i don't know how can anyone sleeps at night with all those lies. He is shameless, COD is dead. DO not buy this crap. Better support Indie games or MMORPG. Stay away from this piece of poop.
  30. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engineSeriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engine and recycle decals and worlds. That gets old very fast. In this industry you NEED to stay on top and innovate. Recycling isnt pleasing us gamers. Also, Sledgehammer founder can seriously go *%$&% himself for asking supporters of the genre to vote "honestly" about this game. Um...duh we are!!! Your losing your supporters with craptastic games like this. Battlefield 3 story sucks but at least the multiplayer is how do you say? Epic, awesome, completely relevent and absolutely beautiful. Makes MW3 in all aspects look like something that will be in abundance at gamestops in two weeks in the used games section. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    If you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence aboutIf you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence about getting this game, don't bother, waste of time and money. Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a call of duty mw2 DLC, same graphics, same gameplay. Everything the same, I feel riped off! No ranked dedicated servers? Check. No adjustable FOV? Check. No real innovation from MW2? This is quite sad, I wish you guys could release an absolutely NEW GAME. Im going forBF3 im sorry.
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    Being 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before inBeing 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before in previous games and looking back we had. the story was stock standard military fiction which for the younger audence (alot of whole shouldnt be playing this game) would be fresh and new, but to anyone over the age of 18, who have read or watched military fiction in the past nothing should take you by surprise.

The Spec ops mode is the same out of MW2, this is no bad thing. Some of the missions alow you to play out campain segments but from the other sides view point, This is honestly the most interesting part of the game, particulary if you play the campain first. I wish all the spec op missions followed this structure but some are just copy paste and pick up these things on the way.

The online multiplayer i have very mixed feelings about. I am level 57 currently, so i have decent experence with the online. the strike packages idea is great. but the assult package is so flawed that over the comming weeks as players pick these things up it could ruin the multiplayer experence. The Assult package, what should be a high risk high reward set up is actualy low risk with very high reward. To prevent the loss of your streek you want to reduce the chances of your death, this means to be sucsessful with this package the player is best suited to perks that prevent equipment or killstreek deaths, aswell as useing silences and uav jamers /prevention perks. This realy encourages camping, 5 kills in a row is enough to get you steamrolling. this is a massive problem in there new gamemodes such as kill confirmed or classisc domination in wich players need to pick up objects to score / prevent score or be at specific locations.
    The "MLG Pro" culture CoD is pushing dosent help much eather. the community is full of "xXxpr0scop3zxXx" and "MLGn00bHuNtEr" that is equal parts sad tofrustrating seeing people on your team trying over and over again for "no scopz" and "kn1fe only" while i can see this could add a degree of chalenge for a player that they may enjoy, the more x's and z's in there name the more likely it is that they are trying to get footage.

apart from that The multiplayer is MW2, not bad, not that great eather. but if you get in to it prepare for as much grief as success.

Other grips with the game are:
    -minor graphical issues, and slightly dated graphics.
    -same ui assets, text fonts, etc.
    -character voices always rushed
    -military lingo used at every opputunity in and out of context.

but these things are so very minor that they dont realy effect how I would score the game, they just feel a little tacky. Like timber vinal in a car.

CoD is becoming the Justin Biber of the gaming world, Everyone but its super dedicated fanbase is seeing its problems. The currecnt fps's of today are all ready to drift to the background. CoD is lucky that there is nothing new or fresh in the market to compeate because sadly this will be the only online console fps realy played this season.
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    ya so i herd this game was released like 5 years ago and apparently infinity ward decided to release the same game every year so they can earn money for hamburgerz?
  35. Nov 25, 2011
    I know that this game doesn't deserve a 0, but it doesn't deserve a 10 either. I don't know why some critic reviewers would give this game a 100, there is just no way. And many zeros from the user reviews would only indicating that this game need more works. In my honest opinion, the game play is fun, but it 'd get boring quickly after having played it for 5 years. The campaign is short,I know that this game doesn't deserve a 0, but it doesn't deserve a 10 either. I don't know why some critic reviewers would give this game a 100, there is just no way. And many zeros from the user reviews would only indicating that this game need more works. In my honest opinion, the game play is fun, but it 'd get boring quickly after having played it for 5 years. The campaign is short, and I expected more out of it. The multiplayer is quick-pace, with the same old COD game play so it is fine in that aspect. The biggest CONS to this game is the works that had been put into this game. Other recent games that get released (Skyrim, BF3, GTA V, etc) got like major upgraded, except for CODMW3. They have been using the same engine for five years. Unlike other games, I don't think they can ever pull one of the old favorite maps from their older version to the newer version of the game as a dlc, because the die-hard players would be able to realized that "Hey, this is the same game!" Activision is really only want to make a quick bucks by copying and pasting... I have only played MW3 for about a week. I really don't want COD series to die because I still remember all the times I had fun playing it. I just hope that this is a big wake up call to the developers so that they'd decide to do something big for the next release if they have seen so many negative reviews on both consoles' and PC's users. I'd have giving MW1 and MW2 a 9/10. World of War with a 6, and BlackOps with an 8. I wish I can give MW3 higher than a 3, but I expected more out of it. I want it to have a low rating to wake up the developers, that's all. So if I have to waste another 60 dollars, it would be worth it. Expand
  36. Nov 26, 2011
    This game sucks for the following reasons:
    - The maps are worse than MW2
    - The visuals haven't improved one bit compared to previous COD titles - The game looks outright ugly compared to Battlefield 3 - They still stick to this ridiculous multiplayer matchmaking scheme on PC - Call of Duty Elite... And worst of all Steam won't give me a refund for this game. I "blame" Nintendo because
    This game sucks for the following reasons:
    - The maps are worse than MW2
    - The visuals haven't improved one bit compared to previous COD titles
    - The game looks outright ugly compared to Battlefield 3
    - They still stick to this ridiculous multiplayer matchmaking scheme on PC
    - Call of Duty Elite...

And worst of all Steam won't give me a refund for this game. I "blame" Nintendo because they send the message to these business managers at these game studios to focus on the brand and gameplay and forget investing in the technology. I hope Call of Duty falls flat on its face as a franchise if they stick to this model. UT2k3 may have done OK but UT2k4 was epic failure. Your time will come CoD, mark my words!
  37. Jan 19, 2012
    Charging 60 dollars for a game with the broken multiplayer being the forefront of the title is the worst thing this company could have done. Hackers nearly every game due to VACs horrible anti cheat procedures. No way to see exact ping and the bars go by such a big number even one less than you will result in missed shots. Until they release an actual game with actual anti-cheat, andCharging 60 dollars for a game with the broken multiplayer being the forefront of the title is the worst thing this company could have done. Hackers nearly every game due to VACs horrible anti cheat procedures. No way to see exact ping and the bars go by such a big number even one less than you will result in missed shots. Until they release an actual game with actual anti-cheat, and actual ping displays I won't be giving them any more of my money, I wish I could get my money back for this trash. Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolute crap. Don't buy this game or even rent it. I wouldn't even be willing to pay $10 for this garbage let alone $50. There's so much recycled stuff from sound to graphics and even the buildings
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is a joke and I'm a COD Fan Boy. COD 4 and MW2 was the best thing to have happen and the release of MW3 is like playing COD 4 all over again. The graphics have taken a step back since MW2 and the textures look like powder even with settings maxed out. I wasn't expecting much from this game yet I at least figured the graphics would be like MW2. Sigh***
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 goes backwards in terms of MP Maps, they are simply horrible, they are claustrophobic, any MP map from previous games is superior, we end up spawning in middle of enemies, and i believe that some nice maps are coming in form of DLC of course, which is absolutely ridiculous, not a single decently designed map in base game.
    This game feels completly "recycled"., thanks god i only paid
    This game feels completly "recycled"., thanks god i only paid 10$ for it, or i would feel a even bigger regret than i already feel at moment.
    No graphic evolution at all, horrible FoV in PC (at least BO's had the option to adjust it), ost is inferior at all levels to previous title MW2...it all feels recycled and not fun at all.
    People call this a MW2.5, I call it a MW1.5..
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    Didn't buy because once again they treated us like xbox for not adding dedicated servers.
    I have no idea why the hell they keep doing thing but **** them for doing so.
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    Im sure im not the only one who's disappointed in spending $60 to play a game i bought 2 years ago.
    there's even evidence of the developers reusing multiple building models throughout the game from earlier versions which just reeks of plain laziness

the campaign mode is entertaining in its own right but its been done before. i cant help feeling that the developers purposely put in the london level to create controversy and gain "free publicity" by relying on the media as they always do. it's a cheap shot at stirring up the community

the multiplayer is just overdone. black ops was bad enough at milking the franchise and providing MORE OF THE SAME but this game absolutely stinks of familarity. hardly any innovations and yet charging the full price as other games (such as uncharted 3, bf2) which took years of innovative thought and collaorative efforts to produce a fresh new approach to gaming.
    recycling overdone gameplay modes is NOT refreshing and forcing the players to buy new maps every few months is certainly a disgusting act at leeching the fanbase

overall i understand why this game DESERVES such a low score. its not a game, its a recycling project targeted at the gullible masses who were tricked into believing the hype and seeing how much profit they can generate. activision doesnt make games, they make money, that's it. they dont have the interest of the gaming community at heart and this despicable act needs to stop
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    The game, and im sad to say this is stale, its that type of game that has been regurgitated from the deep bowls of mass consumer marketing, it is still linear, the game play is exactly the same, and we are still paying for another entire game even though its on the same engine, i think there would have been much more support if each instalment was an expansion pack that adds the extraThe game, and im sad to say this is stale, its that type of game that has been regurgitated from the deep bowls of mass consumer marketing, it is still linear, the game play is exactly the same, and we are still paying for another entire game even though its on the same engine, i think there would have been much more support if each instalment was an expansion pack that adds the extra content to cod4, as it is still the same engine, same game, same controls etc. Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Just another cash in of a tired old franchise. Re-releasing a video game every year and making millions is just a slap in the face to real developers who actually take the time to make a decent video game, with a good engine, great online, and a good story.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    After being an active member of this series since release, I can say this literally the worst out of all of them. It's not so much the production and gameplay, but it's the SAME STUFF. Over and over. "I'm not paying $60 for a weapon and map pack" puts it best. 1 for coming out with the game. I can't believe the hype and glory this game was given when there are so many other titles out ofAfter being an active member of this series since release, I can say this literally the worst out of all of them. It's not so much the production and gameplay, but it's the SAME STUFF. Over and over. "I'm not paying $60 for a weapon and map pack" puts it best. 1 for coming out with the game. I can't believe the hype and glory this game was given when there are so many other titles out of the market for LESS THAN $60 that beat this redundant game. I'm sorry, but this was a big ol' swing, and a big ol' miss. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    worst cod so far, do i have to tell you more?
    -locked fov for pc
    -small maps that sucks
    -graphics
    -nearly nothing new at all
    -models from cod 4

not much to say about this peice of junk, if u want to pay 60 bucks for a bad copy of mw2 go ahead
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, this is a slap in the face to pc players, giving them a garbage port with a terrible engine from the days of quake 3.. This was obviously make only consoles with a pc version as afterbirth and it shows.. Do not waste a dollar on this trash.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Really this game is Moder Warfere "3"; I cant believe its another game. It feels too much like MW2 DLC. The gameplay is equal, the history is very "cliche" and predictable, and the multiplayer is the same of the last 4 games... really? I think this "Call of Duty" will die like "Guitar Hero". I will save in my memory CoD 2 and 4. The others are only DLCs with a full-game cost.
  49. Nov 8, 2011
    it's **** horrible that kotick wants to pander to his teenage penisless slow in their minds fanbase with grimdark themes like killing off a kid in front of them, kids should play recettear not this garbage
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    Oh dear god why... The only reason I even played this was to know how the story ended, and the story wasn't even good. This is WORSE than the last one.
  51. Nov 8, 2011
    A disappointment on all levels. Same as MW2. Nothing new will be added to this series. The developers are mediocre at best. There is no more creativity from these people.
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    I have played all previous Moder warfare titles including black ops and world at war (in between cod4 and modern warfare 2). I knew from that start the multiplayer looked the same but to my surprise they changed almost nothing. Even the sound effects are the same! are you kidding me!? Still running the quake III engine from 1999! All the texture models are the same expect shiner. However iI have played all previous Moder warfare titles including black ops and world at war (in between cod4 and modern warfare 2). I knew from that start the multiplayer looked the same but to my surprise they changed almost nothing. Even the sound effects are the same! are you kidding me!? Still running the quake III engine from 1999! All the texture models are the same expect shiner. However i dident fret i figured the campian is always epic right! NO! They basically held my hand down a straight path and then spoon fed me explosions. Sadly disappointed. If your a fan id wait for the bargain bin. Expand
  53. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2.5 Yes that's how I felt when I wasted my $60 USD on this video game.

Lets start, The story is linear, more linear than black ops, were they afraid that we were too stupid to get a story like MW2? Without spoiling anything, the game has a "no russian" scene and it's in bad taste. Actually, it's purposely put in there, it serves no other purpose than trying to jerk a bad

Lets start,
    The story is linear, more linear than black ops, were they afraid that we were too stupid to get a story like MW2? Without spoiling anything, the game has a "no russian" scene and it's in bad taste. Actually, it's purposely put in there, it serves no other purpose than trying to jerk a bad emotion out of you.
    The rest of the campaign is mediocre and nothing special.

Onto the multiplayer,
    They bragged alot about the Call of duty elite service, but it doesn't even work - yet they expect me to PAY for this? Hilarious! Tons of recycled assets. The strike package is a move in the right direction, same with the revamped points system....but death streaks are back...ugh....
    Honestly there's not much different, the graphics are the same, dedicated servers DO EXIST - BUT THEY ARE UNRANKED ONLY.

Priestieges DO NOT carry on if you were a PC player - Thanks you jerks.

Honestly I will never buy another Call of Duty game ever so long as Activision holds publishing rights to it. It's obvious why most of Infinity Ward left or tried to move boat. You may as well call it Call of Duty 2011 , because that's what it's become - an annualized game that has minor tweaks - for better or worse, that's for you to decide ultimately. But I feel the series and the developers have hit a wall.
  54. Nov 9, 2011
    A map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALLA map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALL UNRANKED. In order to advance your character and grab the carrots dangling in your face, you must use the same broken P2P system that consoles use. Locked FOV, locked framerate, and tons of other bugs create the exact same experience PC players had with MW2. Hitscan, instant bullet travel time, along with locked FOV, ensures that the game will never require skill. It is a game for people who don't play video games, and it is an absolute insult to the hard work and innovation of other developers. It is essentially the Family Guy of FPS. Instant gratification for low IQ morons who think they know something. I am by no means a Battlefield fanboy, and I am disappointed in the "sequel" that is BF3, but at least it tried to innovate in all areas of the game. I have a number of problems with BF3, but it is still an infinitely superior game to this pile of dog****. If you plan on buying one or the other, I would highly recommend BF3, regardless of your platform of choice. Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    It has the exact same game play as it's predecessors, why are they remaking the same game over and over again with a different name? Not fun, and not worth your money.
  56. Feb 22, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight, gentlemen and gentlemen; Call of Duty is a franchise that cannot be changed, no matter whatsoever. The games are repetitive, the single player is unispired, terrible lag servers are spread across the internet.... But then, there are the **** idiots like me who still enjoy and embrace the decent resolution and gun control of the game. I really hate ActivisionLet's get one thing straight, gentlemen and gentlemen; Call of Duty is a franchise that cannot be changed, no matter whatsoever. The games are repetitive, the single player is unispired, terrible lag servers are spread across the internet.... But then, there are the **** idiots like me who still enjoy and embrace the decent resolution and gun control of the game. I really hate Activision for all the **** they made, but think about this; we really have no choice; take it or leave it. For me, I'm taking this **** Expand
  57. jo3
    Nov 8, 2011
    I have played and liked ever COD apart from MW2 which is basically the same game as MW3 (MW2.1). The GFX r fuzzy and nasty looking even compared to black ops, no ranked dedicated servers in MP only P2P rubbish IWnet, Hitboxes are broken, Maps are to small, FOV is unchangeable (makes me feel sick to play the game), Directional sound has been taken out of the game, guns are all the same, theI have played and liked ever COD apart from MW2 which is basically the same game as MW3 (MW2.1). The GFX r fuzzy and nasty looking even compared to black ops, no ranked dedicated servers in MP only P2P rubbish IWnet, Hitboxes are broken, Maps are to small, FOV is unchangeable (makes me feel sick to play the game), Directional sound has been taken out of the game, guns are all the same, the aim assist has not been taken out for the Xbox game, Ridiculous kill streaks, NO LEAN! :@, Lack of any console commands, skill-less gameplay, to many mines, claymores, helos, nukes, and anything else that will kill for you, unconfigurable config, no innovations, no competitive features at all and the SP is the worst SP I have played since Homefront or medal of honer (i think they were better actually) this game is a cut and paste job from MW2 I do not see what they spent 2 years doing. This game is awful do not buy it. Get COD1,2,4,5 or BO they r all better, if you have them get Battlefield 3, if you don't like Battlefield 3 get Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (a realistic WW2 shooter). Do not bother with this game it is not worth it. Expand
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    I expected more from Activision... I expected more from this franchise. This game feels like it was made 3 years ago. The graphics are lackluster.. functional... but not ambiguous at all. Nothing has changed since MW2. I have enjoyed the previous games in the franchise, but now i'm just bored of the game play style. On top of this we all know they are going to release 4 - 5 dlc packsI expected more from Activision... I expected more from this franchise. This game feels like it was made 3 years ago. The graphics are lackluster.. functional... but not ambiguous at all. Nothing has changed since MW2. I have enjoyed the previous games in the franchise, but now i'm just bored of the game play style. On top of this we all know they are going to release 4 - 5 dlc packs that will be over priced and under developed. PASS ON THIS ONE. Battlefield 3 or Skyrim will be worth the money and time instead. Expand
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    Are you serious with the servers right now? Jesus..... proves why COD was not meant for PC. Seriously, if you have a high end PC this game will look horrible compared to other games with good graphics. Waste.
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    The video game industry comes under constant scrutiny by the public. Roger Ebert himself said that video games are in fact not an art form. This is untrue. Video games have the ability to stimulate players in ways that film and books simply can't and are able to open up new horizons for what is possible for artists to convey to their audiences. However franchises like Modern Warfare notThe video game industry comes under constant scrutiny by the public. Roger Ebert himself said that video games are in fact not an art form. This is untrue. Video games have the ability to stimulate players in ways that film and books simply can't and are able to open up new horizons for what is possible for artists to convey to their audiences. However franchises like Modern Warfare not only don't achieve this but they hold the whole industry back. Because of the series financial success many companies are following suit and recycling the same formula over and over to ensure their games make a decent profit. To make things worse many children are now playing Modern Warfare and thinking that it somehow resembles what a quality game should be. If things don't change these kids will grow up never experiencing video games of any complexity of story or characters and will be narrow minded when presented with new concepts.
    Modern Warfare 3 is simply the same money grab we've seen time and time before. I would be inclined to give it a 1 out of 10 just because it is in fact a playable game but that was achieved by it's predecessors as well. This game uses the same engine, the same child pandering game play that has been used to exploit adolescents for years and it is still just as effective now as it was then.
    One would hope that people learn by now that not only is this franchise one of the most destructive forces in the industry but also an insult to our intelligence.
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    So here we are, MW3 is here, right next to BF3. Being a multiplayer FPS gamer couldn't get any better right? Well, I wouldn't be so sure.

MW3 seems to be what MW2 should have been, and rather then patching MW2 to be more balanced, they'd rather ask you to rebuy it with zero DLCs and will no doubt have to buy the countless map packs to carry on playing on the popular servers. All that money and time invested in MW2 with it's 2 DLCs down the drain.

At least BF3 had the courtesy to give us a new engine to enjoy, MW3 looks dated and very inferior when played right next to BF3. Teamplay is very minimal and the only lasting appeal is unlocking the goodies.

It's a shame, they should have given something new for MW3, but instead, we got a cheap remake of MW2 at the full asking price.
  62. Rp4
    Nov 8, 2011
    It's aways the same thing. Same sounds from the guns, same buildings and... same game (and in this time, we even have the same menu!).
    I think Activision is thinks that our money grow up in trees.
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Same game as before. For new players just buy MW1 or 2 for cheap and it looks and feels like the same game. Don't you fanboys get it... they just want your money. COD elite, map packs, new game same **** every year. They are just like any greedy company. Don't be fooled by the media exposure and celebrity promotions. All this money they are spending on promoting the game won't fool realSame game as before. For new players just buy MW1 or 2 for cheap and it looks and feels like the same game. Don't you fanboys get it... they just want your money. COD elite, map packs, new game same **** every year. They are just like any greedy company. Don't be fooled by the media exposure and celebrity promotions. All this money they are spending on promoting the game won't fool real gamers into buying this copy and pasted game. Expand
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    Aside from being literally EXACTLY the same cookie-cutter, generic first person shooter that the product-sponge of society has come to love so dearly, Modern Warfare 3 is probably the letdown of the century. Having bought every Call of Duty game (which has become as much of an annual release as the sub-par sports games that mar the industry) since Call of Duty 4, I can honestly say nothingAside from being literally EXACTLY the same cookie-cutter, generic first person shooter that the product-sponge of society has come to love so dearly, Modern Warfare 3 is probably the letdown of the century. Having bought every Call of Duty game (which has become as much of an annual release as the sub-par sports games that mar the industry) since Call of Duty 4, I can honestly say nothing has been changed. MW3 could have easily been boxed up and sold as an expansion pack. Literally no improvements were made, and the graphics were actually DOWNGRADED to even muddier and more lackluster textures than Black Ops and MW2. The multiplayer consists of a few new maps and guns, but that is it. The HUD has had NO changes at all, which is disappointing considering the ease and thoughtlessness with which something original could have been implemented. Gun sounds and many models were dug out of older game files and stuck directly into MW3 with new skins. The singleplayer campaign mode is nothing new for CoD games--a linear hallway with meaninglessly controversial and "shocking" plot twists, the corpses of which have been beaten to death by CoD developers so much that the plot in its entirety was easily assumable based on prior knowledge of the excuse for a "plot" that older CoD games have. It even included a now-obligatory slow motion section after many illogically unsurvivable "intense" moments. The final moment of the game could possibly be meant to come across as "epic conclusion, look at what just happened," but passes off for little more than a juvenile attempt at being edgy and brutal. Many of its elements are torn directly out of other popular media such as other movies or games, and it saddens me that society will gluttonously devour this ruined ramshackle husk of what was once a series with some potential.

TL;DR: Modern Warfare 3 contains literally zero new elements, no innovation, and is/was marketing solely on the underwhelming achievements of its past. It is a reskinned expansion pack to Modern Warfare 2, and its commercial success is sickening.
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    As previously mentioned by other reviewers here, there are more than a few "niggles" with this game in terms of everything, from FOV, graphics quality, innovation, game play and even the way multiplayer games are supported and created.

Textures and sound effects seems to have been ported directly from MW1 and COD 4, no exaggeration intended here, I genuinely think this has been the case. Resolution has no scaling, so playing at anything above 1920x1080 yields nothing more than stretched textures and strained eyes. Even if graphics or resolution doesn't usual play a part in your gaming experience, it will matter to you after you witness the eyesore that is MW3 (on PC).

Gameplay looks and feels clunky, with no real changes what so ever over the previous 4 COD titles in terms of weapon feel, movement or even kill-streaks. All aforementioned characteristics have only changed very slightly, or not at all.

Servers are Peer to Peer, which while OK some of the time, means that if the host has a house-mate taking a trip to Facebook or Youtube, the whole server will lag out, and spoil the game for everyone. Peer to Peer is a good idea on paper, but in practice it is severely flawed for FPS titles.

Compare this game to BF3... Well what is the point. One is built on an entirely new engine, has optimised the lighting, shadows and smoke / explosion physics with near perfect results. While the other has re-spun the same garbage engine for the last 5 years.

This game is nothing more than MW1 in a new box, with a USD$100 (I live in Australia) map pack. Well done Activision, you just killed your own franchise with greed.
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    I was a black ops fan boy. I disliked MW2 in every way, but I really enjoyed black ops. This game feels like MW2.5, simply an expansion. The sound is terrible, the gameplay erratic, and just not much fun. I'll be sticking to battlefield 3, and I never played much of the battlefield/bad company games.
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is probably the worst video i have ever played. First of all, I couldn't fit the game inside my PC. I did everything I could to try to get it to work; Then it turned off my computer. I was so mad, and being a responsible person i took the right action of breaking the disk. I called a repair guy to fix my computer, costing me another 60 dollars, and finally iCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is probably the worst video i have ever played. First of all, I couldn't fit the game inside my PC. I did everything I could to try to get it to work; Then it turned off my computer. I was so mad, and being a responsible person i took the right action of breaking the disk. I called a repair guy to fix my computer, costing me another 60 dollars, and finally i figured you had to place the disk it. But it was broken! Worst game ever. Expand
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is simply a rehash. It tries to be deep and reach your emotions by decimating a young girl and her mother. The graphics look like something from 2005, and the gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means. There is literally no point in buying this game when you can experience the exact same game by playing the original Modern Warfare with the exception that that game is actuallyThis game is simply a rehash. It tries to be deep and reach your emotions by decimating a young girl and her mother. The graphics look like something from 2005, and the gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means. There is literally no point in buying this game when you can experience the exact same game by playing the original Modern Warfare with the exception that that game is actually playable. They even took the same building models from the first Modern Warfare and sloppily threw it into this game. For shame. Expand
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    One word sums it up: rehash. Everything has been done before; not just by other games (which would be awful in its own right) but by the same series! If you value the video game industry, your money and your intelligence please don't make the same mistake I did and buy this game.
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    While the successful formula is still there, this game is just plain lazy. Sorry. Graphically the game hasn't gotten any better since CoD4 (if not worse). The SAME sounds, SAME animations, SAME guns, and almost everything is recycled and it's painfully obvious. It's sad because it's even more recycled than previous CoDs whereas Black Ops actually looked quite a bit different, there is noWhile the successful formula is still there, this game is just plain lazy. Sorry. Graphically the game hasn't gotten any better since CoD4 (if not worse). The SAME sounds, SAME animations, SAME guns, and almost everything is recycled and it's painfully obvious. It's sad because it's even more recycled than previous CoDs whereas Black Ops actually looked quite a bit different, there is no difference between this and previous titles in the series. I mean, it's a fun formula but this kind of laziness is inexcusable. Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fixI've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fix that. It failed. Infinity Ward put my hopes up saying they will make it 'more like CoD4' and 'dedicated servers'. Unranked dedicated servers - waste! unranked dedis is like a kick in the balls to PC gamers. MW3 is a copy of MW2 with new guns and maps. Only thing I'm happy about is campaign, which i always enjoy in every CoD (even if the story is braindead - Black Ops), and Spec Ops. I like survival mode, its a nice addition. Due to the good singleplayer, i'm giving this game a 6, but Activision really should make multiplayer 'more like CoD4'. Expand
  72. Jan 29, 2012
    After a few more months I have only 1 thing to say: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Roughly every 3rd game I play has a hacker in it that uses wallhack+aimbot and therefore kills people through walls, ceilings, etc. and always with a headshot. The fact that you cannot choose which game to join, you will likely rejoin the same game if you quit -- many people quit when such an obvious hacker appearsAfter a few more months I have only 1 thing to say: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Roughly every 3rd game I play has a hacker in it that uses wallhack+aimbot and therefore kills people through walls, ceilings, etc. and always with a headshot. The fact that you cannot choose which game to join, you will likely rejoin the same game if you quit -- many people quit when such an obvious hacker appears and since that very game session needs more players, CoD will send you right back if you quick and start a new join request. This has been going on for a long time and things are not improving, since the developer doesn't care about this problem. AVOID THIS GAME!!! Expand
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    I thought of writing a good explanation on why this game is awful; but it's not even worth it. It's just god awful. The critic reviews have given this game good reviews because Activision paid them out. The game is awful.
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    $60 for a map pack. Every single thing added in this game from the last one could have been downloadable content. I think all of the call of duty games suck (excluding the first) but I understand if you just enjoy the multiplayer. However, I don't understand why millions of people go out every single year to buy the same game. Do not tell me they added new stuff and changed it; it's the$60 for a map pack. Every single thing added in this game from the last one could have been downloadable content. I think all of the call of duty games suck (excluding the first) but I understand if you just enjoy the multiplayer. However, I don't understand why millions of people go out every single year to buy the same game. Do not tell me they added new stuff and changed it; it's the same exact game. I thought PC gamers were smarter than this. It's sad that this is the most successful video game in the world. How far the game industry has fallen. Expand
  75. Nov 8, 2011
    -Graphics 4/10
    Outdated. The game has no place on PC with its current price. However, it's well made within its current limitations. On the pc, it's still unacceptable in 2011, almost 2012.
    -Sound design 5/10 Outdated. We've already heard these sounds in cod4 and all of its sequels. -Music, Voiceacting 8/10 Solid music. Solid voiceacting. -Story 0/10 Personally, I don't like it. It's the
    -Graphics 4/10
    -Sound design 5/10
    Outdated. We've already heard these sounds in cod4 and all of its sequels.
    -Music, Voiceacting 8/10
    Solid music. Solid voiceacting.
    -Story 0/10
    Personally, I don't like it. It's the typical american over-the-top slapstick war movie. It makes no sense. At one point, you're wasting the life of dozens of people in an attempt to save one guy. IW also has no dignity whatsoever, killing off a child simply to cause controversy and gain attention in the media. Disgusting and disgraceful.
    -Interface 7/10
    Intuitive. Solid.
    -execution of singleplayer 5/10
    It's a railshooter with no freedom. There are infinite spawns, everything is heavily scripted and the NPCs are incredibly stupid. That being said, it's still enjoyable, like playing time crisis in an arcade with lightguns.
    -execution of multiplayer 5/10
    It's solid but nothing to write home about. The unlocks feel tedious and kill the fun, the maps are mostly corridors. I miss big open areas. But, it accomplishes what it tries to accomplish, being a run&gun, brain-off shooter.
    -special mention 1/10
    The game is accompanied by a horrible infantile community that likes to trashtalk and is incredibly annoying. Previous titles have been plagued and ruined by hackers. The singleplayer is incredibly short and easy, even on veteran.
    -Price 0/10
    Frankly, on PC, with this price, it's a scam.

-Conclusion 3.8/10
    It can be a fun time killer. It has heavy flaws and lags behind technologically. The pricing is unacceptable.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    First to start of to say this, how in gods name can a PC version get a lover critics review that the console version they both suck the same...Activision i truly hope that u go under in utter shame..

On the game front OMFG this one is even more idiotic then MW2, i just can t get it how the hell could they make a worse story line then mw2. How can u make a worse level that the one in mw2 airport when u kill 1000 ppl no cameras in the airport to see that it is actually Makarov killing them and to make things even worse u chase a F... bullet to Brazil. On that idiocy of a premise the story line just picks up in mw3 "find Makarov and u will en the war" what stupidity what idiocy this is only i mean only u can call me a biggit here mean for over stupid fat retarded Americans, Europeans can not eat this crap. As for the game play itself this goes to AC CHANGE THE F... ENGINE ALREADY THIS ONE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, it is outdated buggy and makes so much **** on crossfire and sli platforms.The maps are so poorly made that i on the hardest difficulty just started to run forward just to passed them so i can finish the game which in the end i did in a day and i was happy for once in my loong loong gaming career over 15 years, that it is a short campaign. The games storyline as i sad only for stupid retarded Americans (not all). It makes no sense it has no potency no memorable characters to which u can relate in fact just don t listen to it. DON T BUY THIS GAME IT IS NOT WORTH 60 DOLLARS OR EUROS i was and idiot who bought it thinking that this game will fix mw2 idiocy IT DOES NOT.
  77. Nov 8, 2011
    Same old crap... They could have just made it a DLC for MW2... Which was also crap. I seriously don't understand people that are willing to pay more than 15$ for this.
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    Hi, CALL OF DUTY has lost its meaning, its no longer about the game-play and innovation, now its just about money after piling "bunch" of **** to keep people paying for this addiction called "MW", since "cod 4" nothing is getting better, its just getting WORST!!!
    don't waste your money...
  79. Nov 8, 2011
    The worst version of one of the worst games ever made. Congrats IW. You've managed to fail even harder somehow. Big Rigs=Black Ops> Justin Bieber>MW2>MW3
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    I played mw3 for about 6 hours already and I can say only this - epic same **** fail of the year. Game itself is not bad it's horrible pretty much look like mw2 and black **** boring maps gameplay feels like joke no realism at all more like arcade for kids to milk hard even more rip off than any game I can imagine so please dont waste ur money
  81. Nov 8, 2011
    Most people will say "Just like every other game" but in fact I say "take a backwards step". This game does in fact look, feel and play like a console port, Even down to the broken server search (or lack there off), multiplayer level design is small, uninspiring and will do little to emerse you. the multi seems to try and play out like a bad version of UT or Quake in a MW Skin and whatMost people will say "Just like every other game" but in fact I say "take a backwards step". This game does in fact look, feel and play like a console port, Even down to the broken server search (or lack there off), multiplayer level design is small, uninspiring and will do little to emerse you. the multi seems to try and play out like a bad version of UT or Quake in a MW Skin and what they havent taken from every other COD title feels cheap and not thought out. The graphics are substandard at best in the current generation, They do nothing to inspire ore captivate the player. It's a shame the Activision have not used this opportunity to move forward a deliver a game that innovates and captivates, Intsead they choose throw big parties and port the game driect from 360 to PC, this game may deliver on all your expectations if you are playing it on console, But as a PC owner/player you will be left not with a feeling of satisfaction but great dissapointment. If you are after an experience the is upto date with the times choose BF3 if fast pased multiplayer is your thing stick with COD Black Op's. Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Very disappointing game. The SP is bland, linear, and boring. The story is also very confusing, and it's obvious they paid no attention to the campaign portion of the game. The graphics are horrible for a AAA title in 2011, they look exactly the same as in MW2. The Multi-player, although with new content, offers nothing new or refreshing. They even reuse architecture from COD4 and MW2 inVery disappointing game. The SP is bland, linear, and boring. The story is also very confusing, and it's obvious they paid no attention to the campaign portion of the game. The graphics are horrible for a AAA title in 2011, they look exactly the same as in MW2. The Multi-player, although with new content, offers nothing new or refreshing. They even reuse architecture from COD4 and MW2 in some of the maps. Expand
  83. Nov 8, 2011
    Pathetic, is a fraud game that have four years old. I never buy a game but more than cod. . Online is laggy and the campaign is tedious. reasons can not remove the music. the graphics are for the spectrum. I am very angry and disappointed.
  84. Nov 8, 2011
    Please Activision, don't let Infinity Ward make another Call of Duty, stick to Treyarch and ditch those Infinity Ward losers. I'm serious, this game is aweful - I want my money back, I regret every dollar.
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    I've always thought that every game has something new to offer. I was mistaken. I never thought a game could possibly not bring anything new to the table. Seriously, this is the exact same game as Modern Warfare 2, and the first Modern Warfare. I would consider it DLC. The audio is the same, the graphics are the same, the gameplay is the same. There is literally no innovation in this game.I've always thought that every game has something new to offer. I was mistaken. I never thought a game could possibly not bring anything new to the table. Seriously, this is the exact same game as Modern Warfare 2, and the first Modern Warfare. I would consider it DLC. The audio is the same, the graphics are the same, the gameplay is the same. There is literally no innovation in this game. The worst part is, a lot of critics are saying that this may be a good thing. I'm starting to think these critics are paid off by big gaming companies... If there were no innovation in video games, we may as well be playing pong still.

Each part of a game is unique though, there are graphics, gameplay, storyline, multiplayer, and an underlying feel to the game that is created by how much work a developer put into it, and how the engine runs.

The graphics in Modern Warfare 3 are astounding.... For a game based on an engine written at around 2005. Nothing new here. The graphics are about the same as CoD4, from 2007. Infinity Ward needs to write a new engine already. Compared to the brand new Frostbite 2 engine, the iw5 is just way too outdated to be useful anymore. The textures are blurry and the scenery looks flat. It's just not good looking enough to be considered modern looking in 2011. Plus, to be quite frank, the audio sucks. All the guns sound like paintball guns and the reload sounds sound pretty crappy. This is even on my 100$ turtle beach headset. It was also lazily done, as a lot of the sounds seemed like they were from previous CoD games.

The gameplay is okay. Although, it's the same gameplay we've been getting since CoD4. Again with the innovation issue here. As I ran around with my UMP45 it felt just like Modern Warfare 2. Had I wanted to play Modern Warfare 2, I would have. There is literally nothing new.

The storyline in this game is similar to those of Michael Bay movies, which gross millions of dollars at the box office because of hot women, big explosions, and epic battles. Modern Warfare 3 only delivers on two of these promises. The storyline is infested with plotholes, and generally it is unexciting as Infinity Ward tried to get us to care about the characters. The needless explosions are overdone too. If you try to play any singleplayer, it's like the whole level is ridden with explosions and shotguns. Overall, CoD's storyline is to gaming as Michael Bay's movies are to television. Neither offer any compelling storylines or genuinely well done scenes, and both just throw in what Amerians like to see. It's the same crap they throw at us every year.

The multiplayer in CoD was fun. In CoD4. At this point I just see more of the same, just like with everything else in this game. The multiplayer is a rage inducing, 12 year old populated nightmare. In every CoD game, there is something that people find that ruins the whole game. For example, quickscoping and noobtubing. The one thing that CoD did get right was replay ability. Although now I think everyone's gotten tired of the franchise, and the replay ability has died.

Although CoD has a decent underlying feel, I think that it's easy to tell that the developers did not put much work into this. Now i'm not sure if this is because Activision likes to rush one game a year, just to milk the cash cow more, or if the developers are truly lazy... But it definitely has an impact on the game. It just feels wrong. All in all this game offers nothing new, and fails to deliver on all aspects. To be honest I've seen DLC, or title updates with more new content than Modern Warfare 3. I hope the average gaming consumer brightens up, and realizes what they're buying into, so that this detriment to gaming culture will just die already. I feel like the regime of CoD as the top player is about to topple, as their games get worse and worse. It's just like the Star Wars prequels. There is no innovation. There should be no real reason for anyone to buy Modern Warfare.

I mean 3.

Also for credibility's sake, i've been a fan of CoD since CoD2, and enjoyed it up until WaW. I've played A LOT of games, and am pretty sure i'm not a fanboy, for I enjoy many games.
  86. Nov 9, 2011
    The fact they reused models/animations/sound, and even forgot to change the game title from MW2 in the error messages is the reason this game deserves every negative review it gets.
    There is no excuse for the abomination this once great game series has become
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    It's funny how Activision get away with murder. It's blatantly obvious they've changed nothing but single player, a few multiplayer maps and the box art yet it gets amazing reviews. Viewing this title on its own merit, its clear that it has absolutely no originality despite its high production quality.
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Played this, this morning and its just a desaturated mess of a game, the whole thing needs to be updated to make it good, the textures are low, the shadows are to dark, the lighting is terrible, the only colour seems to be shades of gray and the sounds are just annoying, bad show IW, Sledgehammer and Activition, bad show.
    yes exactly the right !
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    A shameless update to the already stale CoD series. It really should have been named MW2.1. Nothing new here. Still, millions will buy it... I guess that's why huh.
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Better than its predecessor.

I especially enjoyed the mission called 'No Russian', where you'd destroy an entire airport. That was fun.

Huh? That wasn't in this game? Oh, that was MW2? There's no difference. Whatsoever. Don't even bother wasting your money on this, go play MW or MW2 instead.
  91. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interestingFirst off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interesting addition though it does feel like more of an expansion of MW2 than an entirely new game (and the brief single player certainly doesn't warrant the additional cost). The number of maps included with the game was certainly a pleasant surprise.

If you've never played a MW game before, you certainly can't go wrong with MW3 but you might be better off picking up the original MW/CoD4 as it is (in my opinion) the best game in the series so far.

Activision need to avoid driving this series into the ground (like they have with other titles) and take a couple of years off. Spend some time listening to the players and come back with some fresh ideas for the next MW game.
  92. Nov 8, 2011
    Normally Map packs for MW2 cost $15, this one costs 4x that amount and has a bug where your profile will be reset when you buy it. My advice, wait till its in the $5 bargain bin.
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    Technically sub par with severely overrated gameplay and missing platform features.

That sums up Call of Duty experience on the PC. The franchise is a technology dinosaur when it comes to the FPS genre, especially on the PC which hasn't stayed the same since 2007's release of the console centric Modern Warfare. It doesn't set the bar, in fact it's behind the curve significantly, and if you're a PC gamer it's going to be instantly noticeable and painful. Painful because of how much of a bad console port it truly is. Elite service is missing outright. Ranked dedicated servers don't exist. It's back to console technology of peer-to-peer multiplayer networking. No advanced graphical technology or redesigned anything for increased player counters either.

PC gamers should really not have to accept such things especially in a genre that was born on the PC. Continuing to purchase Call of Duty on the PC when every year the games lose more features for the PC platform specifically isn't going to change anything. Quit buying awful console ports with missing features PC gamers or else that's all you're going to have in the end. Support developers who incorporate the PC's strengths and are willing to go the extra couple of feet with multiplatform releases. 5: It functions and decent production values. It does nothing new, missing features, and significantly behind other competitors out there.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    I don't know what I was thinking. Oh, yeah I do I thought huh, I'll buy this game and it will be a refreshing, fun multiplayer experience. Uh-uh, it's a steaming pile of Activision excrement from a few years ago repackaged. It looks like it did years ago, plays like it did years ago, and I wish I could go back in time and convince myself not to buy it. Spend your $60 on something else people.
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    Feels more like a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1.7 Beta Version. Dated graphic and animation, dated gameplay, heavily (and to make it worse) very obviously scripted events, too many cheap death e.g. by falling. On the technical side inconsistent framerate although meeting optimal hardware requirements. Almost feels as playing a low budget shooter e.g. from City Interactive, which onlyFeels more like a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1.7 Beta Version. Dated graphic and animation, dated gameplay, heavily (and to make it worse) very obviously scripted events, too many cheap death e.g. by falling. On the technical side inconsistent framerate although meeting optimal hardware requirements. Almost feels as playing a low budget shooter e.g. from City Interactive, which only costs a third. So it may be ok to buy it for 20 $, but not the ridiculous high price they want. Expand
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    could they have at least update their engine? the same quake 3 engine/id tech 3 engine makes this game look rather outdated. cool cut scenes, and explosions. thats about it.
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    The 1/10 - Fanboys
    The 0.4/10 - I dont Know
    This is a Mw2 DLC , we can made this bull**** with a modtool (radiant)
    The DLC contais :

New Maps
    New Weapons **
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    Only single player?Nope, sorry.I only giving 1 for MW 2.5.I knew that.They need to change this game, or reviews will be same.We are not BF fanboy, but seriously, they need to change this game.
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    Man what a disappointment. Shooting feels weak, maps don't feel right, animations are cluncky. I don't understand how we are suppose to pay more for this when it is clearly not what we promised when pre-ordering. Single-player game is so boring after just a little bit. Multiplayer is horrible with maps feeling cheap and firing your weapon is no fun. It's the same badness on PC andMan what a disappointment. Shooting feels weak, maps don't feel right, animations are cluncky. I don't understand how we are suppose to pay more for this when it is clearly not what we promised when pre-ordering. Single-player game is so boring after just a little bit. Multiplayer is horrible with maps feeling cheap and firing your weapon is no fun. It's the same badness on PC and console, just utter crap. Expand
  100. Nov 8, 2011
    What a joke. Seriously, this is a map pack for Modern Warfare 2, if that. The multiplayer remains uninspired. COD4 was a classic. Ever since then we've been paying for remakes that contain no innovation. This is a wake-up call to those who continue to buy these games; you're paying $60 a year for an update that should be free.
  101. Nov 10, 2011
    I made an account for this website just to show how disappointed I am with this latest installment of a franchise I thoroughly enjoyed since the original modern warfare. I wasn't troubled too much with the fact that this game was almost a carbon copy of MW2, but it was the little changes that annoyed me the most when they are all piled together. The gun swaying while running is laughable,I made an account for this website just to show how disappointed I am with this latest installment of a franchise I thoroughly enjoyed since the original modern warfare. I wasn't troubled too much with the fact that this game was almost a carbon copy of MW2, but it was the little changes that annoyed me the most when they are all piled together. The gun swaying while running is laughable, you actually move a lot slower then compared to MW2 - removing the fluidity of this game while doing so. The music score for the game is garbage compared to MW and MW2, and the campaign is horribly written, stale, and predictable. The only positive thing I have seen is a reduction of grenade launching game play. The graphics are basically the same but personally that doesn't bother me too much. This game was not worth it at all, and Activision / IW made a killing off of this game. You can tell that when they sat down to discuss how they were going to make MW3, they went with the business model of: try to keep everything the same to cut production costs. All in all, I'd recommend staying away from this game. Ignore what the editors for news articles say. This is NOT worth it. Collapse

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012