2.4

1. Nov 8, 2011
    I paid an extra $50 for the Hardened edition and all I got was this fake matchbook. Also I lined up for it for four hours and when I got home to play it I thought I had left MW2 in by accident. They're the same thing :(
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    It's COD...it's the Madden of FPS games. Meh, the SP was nice, but didn't like the change in voice actors for Captain price, at least he sounded different, I believe Bill Murray (no not the guy from ghost busters) did the original voice. But honestly what do you expect with he Head of the ORIGINAL Infinity ward is no longer working on the product. (Thanks activision....)
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    It's the same crap, different day.

They even recycled content from CoD4 and put it into MW3, they know they don't have to put much work into this, as soon as they put "Call of Duty" on it they know the mindless fanboy sheep will buy it.

This game is -GARBAGE- and fails by the sheer fact of it's unoriginality, reused content and the same dribble over and over again.
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    This is not a new game, this is an expansion. Infinity Ward has cheated on me, making me believe I was buying something different from what I already bought two years ago.

60â
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    I've seen DLC that has more content than this installment. Professional game reviewers giving this game 80-90 reviews really makes me question the state of the industry. I wouldn't even bother wasting bandwith on the 'download' of this game.
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bought the game. Played it for 2 hours, extreme disappoint. Sent game back to store...The game is just another copy of it's predecessing games, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Infact, it's just the two of them fused together to make one bastard child of a game. The story is linear and the writing is terrible, along with the game being so goddamn generic, it's quite unbelievable. The multiplayer is a joke, just good old Modern Warfare (2) jacked up with more useless **** that isn't needed and some absolutely excellent maps to go along with it! /sarcasm. Spec-Ops is back, amazing, who really gives two **** if the game is still **** retarded in terms of game mechanics? As mentioned by many other reviewers, there is no way to change the origins of your guns like you used to be able to so, you're pretty much forced to use the **** origins they give you. And as well, the graphics look quite outdated and boring, switch to another goddamn engine you lazy ****. Terrible bugs from the past games still not fixed and / or made worse with the new additions, great job at coding! So in the end totally predictable ending, shameful game mechanics, previous bugs in the predecessors not fixed or maybe made even worse, and a terrible PC port to boot. Thanks, guys, you really outdid yourselves this time.

P.S. Battlefield 3 is not much better, so pull your heads out of your asses and play a game that is actually worthwhile.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Im not a fanboy of Battlefield , and also not of call of duty , but the fact is i got all Battlefields and Call of Duty's and i get more and more sick of it, same engine as Call of Duty 2(with some small textures and light updates), dont you really think its not outdated??! i get pissed since MW2 i was a little disappointed there because it wasnt that good anymore like it was in 4 but itIm not a fanboy of Battlefield , and also not of call of duty , but the fact is i got all Battlefields and Call of Duty's and i get more and more sick of it, same engine as Call of Duty 2(with some small textures and light updates), dont you really think its not outdated??! i get pissed since MW2 i was a little disappointed there because it wasnt that good anymore like it was in 4 but it was okay but this, pls dont buy any activision titles anymore and for me call of duty is about to die if Respawn interactiv is not picking it up, dice do so much better job then iw and treyarch :/ and the nowaday titels are the best proof for it Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    The game has not changed in a major way since CoD4!!!!!

I was expecting a brand new game, but I was in for a big shock. I wish I could get my money back.
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    What the **** did you all expect? a new and original game? you idiots will keep buying this **** and these guys will keep bringing em out because people are dumb and will pay Ã
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    If any of you folks were considering buying Modern Warfare 3, don't. It's a horrible, embarrassing pile of trash. The game is so bad that it has retroactively eliminated all of the fun I had in the COD franchise since the first game. It's graphically dated, the animations are beyond horrible and the combat sound feels lifted straight out of a free to play browser FPS.

It's a complete

It's a complete embarrassment for a series that despite its naysayers would consistently put out a quality product. It's a marked step down from Modern Warfare 2 and somehow looks worse than it's predecessor. It plays like a Chinese free-to-play knockoff of a Quake game running a second-rate mongoloid-coded Modern Warfare mod. Nothing about this game feels even remotely like a Triple A Call of Duty title. I am physically and emotionally stunned by how bad this game is and feel as though I cannot fully articulate it's badness without resorting to bloodshed.
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    I started the campaign on this game today. I beat the first couple of missions and then I realized I had played this game two years ago, and I quit.
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Wow! Horrible game, that's putting it lightly. Trust me, I am no BF fan/troll whatever. I have always been loyal to the CoD series, but after this release of garbage, I won't buy another one. It's like they just copied everything from MW2 and added new maps. Might as well call it a DLC for MW2! The sounds are horrible, sound like something out of Sega Genesis time frame. I actuallyWow! Horrible game, that's putting it lightly. Trust me, I am no BF fan/troll whatever. I have always been loyal to the CoD series, but after this release of garbage, I won't buy another one. It's like they just copied everything from MW2 and added new maps. Might as well call it a DLC for MW2! The sounds are horrible, sound like something out of Sega Genesis time frame. I actually like Black Ops better than this release. At least in BO you had RANKED dedicated servers, free stats, graphics were not too bad. In MW3 there are so many flat surfaces....a lot of linear....and gray. Washed out and horrible port. InfinityWard and anyone associated with the release of this on PC should be ashamed. This is not why I have a nice gaming rig! Save your money, or at least rent before buying. IWNet plain out stinks. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    For a Call of Duty 1, United Offensive, Finest Hour, 2, 3, 4 and WaW fan, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, you got to call it some slack, even though it's the same, it's kind of fun with the diverse perks. There were MAJOR problems with the game when I saw it thought. Same as before, Modern Warfare 3 failed to provide a deep impact into my gaming career, and such, I decided to throw is asideFor a Call of Duty 1, United Offensive, Finest Hour, 2, 3, 4 and WaW fan, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, you got to call it some slack, even though it's the same, it's kind of fun with the diverse perks. There were MAJOR problems with the game when I saw it thought. Same as before, Modern Warfare 3 failed to provide a deep impact into my gaming career, and such, I decided to throw is aside like Black Ops (Should be called Deniable Operations), and Modern Warfare 2.

Singleplayer: They pulled a McDeath, literally. The storyline did not have much connection with MW2, and the style were REALLY repetitive. I defiantly HATE the direction call of duty's storyline is headed. They need to start putting characters that feel like part of a brotherhood, like Call of Duty 1 (All expansions, ESPECIALLY Finest Hour), 2 and 3. The storyline was way too easy, it had to be like Finest Hour difficulty to provide a emotional relief and happiness to realize you accomplished something. The thing that punched me was the flow of carelessness that went into the story, it was like something hastily made, chewed up, and regurgitated. They need to bring back WORLD WAR 2, not WORLD WAR 3. Bring back reality, the emotional stories of Stalinglad, or make a story in WORLD WAR 1, heck, forget World War 3, it did not happen, it breaks the traditional sense, and it DESTROYS the purpose of storyline in combat, for honor and glory, not for revenge. The second part is that it was mostly run and gun, no stealth, no support, no battle in front lines as a normal soldier, just a super soldier who runs and guns everything.

Multiplayer: Downright copy from Modern Warfare 2 with guns that seemed to be just skinned with different sound clips. Don't get me wrong fanboys, I like they actually did something. They added New perks, gameplay styles, and guns. Still, they have same graphics(Really don't care), same achievement easy-go-lucky style I hate, and mostly, unbalanced gameplay. One person gets lucky, everyone else in enemy team is screwed. The achievement system, it felt like too easy, like they were spoonfeeding you, unlike Call of Duty 1, where you work as a team, and once you destroy that freaking Panzer Tank, your teammates felt almost like warriors of god, destroying everything in your wake.

Improvements: Next time, go to World War I and II, go to the past PLEASE.
    Make a new system that is improvement to Call of Duty 1 or 2.
    And finally, make balanced kill streaks that strategize yet keep with the fast-paced action.
    Singleplayer? MAKE IT REALISTIC, like a soldier in the front lines fighting with comrades... like STALINGRAD COMRADES!

CHARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    Dead franchise won't die I said black ops would be my last cod game I purchase cuz it was rip off but I anyway gave mw3 try and I regretted fully same game copy and past overall game look like **** 60 $ for dlc comon guys kids getting milked hard if u new to cod games u might like it but if you real fps gamer I would reccomend you to stay away from mw3.
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    Well, at least I'm not the only IDIOT that got duped into buying a $60 game that should have been released in 2001. Same sh!t different toilet if you ask me. MW3 makes Black Ops look like a great game. The story in SP is average. MP is just horrible and the graphics are just so poor that i feel i can run this game on my tablet. BORING BORING BORING. I played every COD/MW game that has beenWell, at least I'm not the only IDIOT that got duped into buying a $60 game that should have been released in 2001. Same sh!t different toilet if you ask me. MW3 makes Black Ops look like a great game. The story in SP is average. MP is just horrible and the graphics are just so poor that i feel i can run this game on my tablet. BORING BORING BORING. I played every COD/MW game that has been release and I dont think I have ever been disappointed over any of their games WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS GAME. Back to playing BF3!! Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2011
    I was a big cod fan... I was desperate about but gave them another chance. and activision ruined it...If it was released in ... ok, nice game with very good graphics and new gameplay etc. but now almost 7 years later.. it's crap, if you compare it to other games and you should, cause that's concuration. But the biggest fail of them is to say it's a new game, instead of just a **** DLC. 60I was a big cod fan... I was desperate about but gave them another chance. and activision ruined it...If it was released in ... ok, nice game with very good graphics and new gameplay etc. but now almost 7 years later.. it's crap, if you compare it to other games and you should, cause that's concuration. But the biggest fail of them is to say it's a new game, instead of just a **** DLC. 60 euroms and 5 for every month to use elite-.-.. It's the same game as mw2 with new maps. Even the new maps have recycled buildings comming straight from cod4. They are so lazy. I will never fall in this again. All my friends told me but i would them another chance and they ruined it. My friends are right. These people don't deserve the money. F*CK activision. Look for example to DICE and Valve. They care for their comunity and LISTEN to the feedback. Not like this cheepy ass developers which earn milions and do nothing with it. Expand
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    No lean. Second citizen pc gamer. As you can see you have lost the pc gamer. First cod I have not bought going back to the beginning. Reminds me of the automakers before they failed. Hubris and arogance.
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    Copy pasta console portage. No thanks. I think it's time this franchise moves on and evolves into something more than a vehicle for map packs. it's sad to see such a storied franchise be run into the ground by greed.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    So, tis the season for another Call of Duty game. Last years Black Ops was a hit, i enjoyed it thoroughly, the multiplayer levels had space, and were entertaining. Although Black Ops was good in its own ways, Modern Warfare 2 was the company's best hit. I rushed out at 11:45pm on November 7th, spilling my change on the counter, drooling over the package itself. After i pop it in, thatSo, tis the season for another Call of Duty game. Last years Black Ops was a hit, i enjoyed it thoroughly, the multiplayer levels had space, and were entertaining. Although Black Ops was good in its own ways, Modern Warfare 2 was the company's best hit. I rushed out at 11:45pm on November 7th, spilling my change on the counter, drooling over the package itself. After i pop it in, that drool puddle seemed to turn into sweat, being so nervous that this was a flop. Don't get me wrong, the campaign had its high-points after the jumbled ala-carte 30% mark, it just did not leave a lasting impression. I beat the campaign in four hours give or take. The multiplayer i was hoping would rescue this title from the growing shadow of its older brother MW2. The level design on is cramped. I find no creativity in the levels, or even depth the levels should add to the basic gameplay. No, i was fully let down by this game. Decent Campaign, Not enough creativity, or new additions to please me. Sorry Infinity ward, but you guys let me down. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    My NON PAID REVIEW NOW.The Same Game You've Been Playing For Years, Lack of Innovation, horrible graphics for 2011 and the fact that it ruins the gaming industry(cause everyone is trying to copy it cause it sells like hotcakes ruining some of the best franchises in the process ) makes me want to punch the developers of the last 5 cod games in the face.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Generic cash cow for Activision coming out yearly now. I remember when Call of Duty took more than 9 months for a "new" game. Really the game mechanics haven't changed since CoD4. Every year it is like a DLC pack that becomes the next game except this DLC costs $50 every time.
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    Same game, same engine, same models, pretty some maps in solo are copy/pasta too. Not going to rant about the scenario since it always been pretty much stupid, glad however that your main character doesn't die every ten bloody seconds in cutscenes, gameplay is the same nothing surprising Multiplayer is the same, just a couple of new maps, the coop was quite nice actually
    All in all, it's
    All in all, it's not a bad game but the feeling of have been scamed is here, feel like I bought a pre used game at full price
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    To be fair to Activision this is an absolutely solid game the combat works the campaign is good.
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    Besides new perks and an on-line service (that does not work) there is absolutely nothing we haven't done yet. While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are judging the game.

Most reviews have viewed this as a blank slate and do not take the previous games into consideration while gamers view it in the idea of what new experiences can I have in this game.
    Playing the game I can really only view it as a glorified expansion to MW2 and as I have played this game before there is no feeling that the developers pushed anything but advertisements in peoples faces.

Overall if you are new to the series this is still an excellent game to start out with but if you are like me and are a Hardened veteran of the series and have waited for this game prepare to be disappointed because you have already played this game before it just has a 3 next to it this time.
    This game is nothing but a cash in and betrays the people who have supported it for so many years.
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Tiny maps, arcadish and twitch based gameplay, recycled textures and buildings, the same awful matchmaking system etc. But the real problem is not Activision releasing the same game every year, it's the people buying the same game year after year.
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is exactly what I expected - nothing new or surprising. I had hoped that there would be some 'wow' factor or that the developers would at least master a concept that Counter Strike (circa 1999) had mastered - mainly that players wouldn't get killed by spraying players after ducking behind a solid wall (ex_interp 0). Don't get confused... shooting bullets into a wall with a playerThis game is exactly what I expected - nothing new or surprising. I had hoped that there would be some 'wow' factor or that the developers would at least master a concept that Counter Strike (circa 1999) had mastered - mainly that players wouldn't get killed by spraying players after ducking behind a solid wall (ex_interp 0). Don't get confused... shooting bullets into a wall with a player behind should do damage based on whether the wall is brick (no dmg) or wood (~70%). But getting killed by a player who you lost line of sight on 5 seconds ago is pathetic. Congratulations to Activision in combination with Sledgehammer, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward (you know, the fake one activision filled out after booting West and Zampella) for making me feel stupid for giving COD a 2nd chance after the blunder that was Black Ops. Won't happen again. Expand
  26. Jul 19, 2012
    This used to be a really enjoyable shooter series. Now the only remotely use it has left for sane individuals is a reminder on what marketing does to the quality of games thanks to greedy publishers. Way to go Activision. I can only truly hope that you people will never figure out how to repopulate.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Downrating to 1 to balancing out the ****storm of console gamers bombarding the PC REVIEW AREA. You dont need to copy/paste your 360 review. We PC Gamers have a whole set of issues beyond what you have, dont artificially inflate it. I lost my whole post before, but long story short, problems with the game: Lies about dedicated servers; horrible console port that is painfully obvious; UsingDownrating to 1 to balancing out the ****storm of console gamers bombarding the PC REVIEW AREA. You dont need to copy/paste your 360 review. We PC Gamers have a whole set of issues beyond what you have, dont artificially inflate it. I lost my whole post before, but long story short, problems with the game: Lies about dedicated servers; horrible console port that is painfully obvious; Using VAC as anti-cheat (should have used PunkBuster like MW1); No CoD Elite. I think that sums up my earlier post. Activision has lied to us point blank about so many things, PC gamers! Its time we take action and stop letting them fleece us for money. I would have returned my preorder, but I loaded the MW1 copy I got for free, and I got stuck with it. Expand
  28. Nov 9, 2011
    Video game critics are no longer video game critics. They are video game salesman.
    That's all they do, give good games below average scores and bad games excellent scores.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    I feel cheated. I played this game last year. Also two years ago. Even three, damn, four years ago! Why the hell, Activi$ion, don't you innovate in this game?! You win so much money each day because of those mindless buyers and you don't even manage to have a proper code nor connection. I'm done with this charade. Count me off from this stupid game.
  30. Nov 9, 2011
    Do I have to comment? Its another CoD. For me Call of Duty died with MW2. Black Ops profanated the dead corpse and now MW3 is just 100% necrophillia! The game is clearlly a console port, **** textures, **** antialiasing and **** FOV setting (well, the ABSENCE of option to change FOV). Missing any sense in the campaign story which look like they introduced a "something" to make theyreDo I have to comment? Its another CoD. For me Call of Duty died with MW2. Black Ops profanated the dead corpse and now MW3 is just 100% necrophillia! The game is clearlly a console port, **** textures, **** antialiasing and **** FOV setting (well, the ABSENCE of option to change FOV). Missing any sense in the campaign story which look like they introduced a "something" to make theyre unbearable game more bearable perhaps? Expand
  31. Nov 9, 2011
    This game uses the same engine as Modern Warfare 2, doesn't show us anything new, the campaign is patethic, boring and way too easy, the multiplayer is more of the same (as I said already). Also, there will be alot of DLCs. Incredible, this game is probably the worst ever.
  32. Nov 9, 2011
    Well, to say the least, well, I AM saying the least - this game flat out sucks. Where the hell is the innovation activision keeps spouting about their games? Clone of MW2. Not worth 60 dollars.
  33. Nov 11, 2011
    Nothing new. It should have been a free dlc to the first game of the series. Don't get me wrong. Call of duty is a fine shooter, but there is nothing to be excited about what we get with this release.
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is a sorry ass joke of a FPS. It's over, COD is finished. As of MW1, this game has been spiraling down to a fiery death. Thank God. Last time I fall for buying this trash.
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolute rubbish, don't waste your money. This should be a DLC not sold as a new game. Complete rip off and looks dated and bland on the best PC you could build. I want my money back !
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    Soulless cash grab from a company that has had nothing but contempt for their audience since the removal of dedicated servers for 2. They would have been better off just sticking a sticker on 2 and attempting to resell it.
  37. Nov 9, 2011
    Exactly the same game I played at the same time lsat year.... what a waste of my money..... dont bother buying this. Honestly. The graphics arent even good, its been using the same engine since CoD 4.
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    I didn't expect much as the 'franchise' has been in decline for some time, but MW3 falls so far below the bar in just about every regard it's quite literally shocking. The disparity between 'professional' reviews and would be Fans, is all but spelled out in the iteration of canned 'talking points' we see from the shill game press, and just shows to go ya what money can buy. Quit simplyI didn't expect much as the 'franchise' has been in decline for some time, but MW3 falls so far below the bar in just about every regard it's quite literally shocking. The disparity between 'professional' reviews and would be Fans, is all but spelled out in the iteration of canned 'talking points' we see from the shill game press, and just shows to go ya what money can buy. Quit simply this game is awful... Expand
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    The glory days of Cod 2 seem so long ago. Why FourZeroTwo and his cronies insist on giving pc gamers less than IW gave 5 years ago is beyond me. SP campaign is as linear as BF3's except misses out on the great tank levels, is just one interactive cut scene followed by a corridor, then a shooting gallery then repeat till end of level. Its DULL. The AI is beyond retarded, even worse thanThe glory days of Cod 2 seem so long ago. Why FourZeroTwo and his cronies insist on giving pc gamers less than IW gave 5 years ago is beyond me. SP campaign is as linear as BF3's except misses out on the great tank levels, is just one interactive cut scene followed by a corridor, then a shooting gallery then repeat till end of level. Its DULL. The AI is beyond retarded, even worse than Crysis. I dont know how a company can screw up a franshice as great as the first 2 Cods were but IW managed it with aplomb, at least MW1 had a great SP, this game has nothing, except a cut n paste building from MW1 (the African level).

Utterly dreadful. Maybe the mp can give it a little pickup, but if its anything like the perk / killstreak driven nonsense previous MW's have been, I very much doubt it.

A dire, dull, drab, console orientated shooter with less complexity than 1993's Doom.

Hell, even their website forum sucks ass.

Door
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    Bought this game on steam and was really looking forward to play it, but boy was i WRONG. Its actually a copy pasta of MW2 with just a new packaging, They charge us $99 for the same game just a few extra maps dont even get me started on the campaign its an absolute JOKE! Oh did i mention you will expect to pay $15 for 3 new maps that they will so called release? Dont waste your money.
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    Be warned, there is no ranked play on dedicated servers. What this means is that the majority of players will be using the public matchmaking system and cheating will be as rampant as it was in MW2. I wasn't aware of this when I pre-ordered this game, had I been I would have not ordered it. Black Ops has actual decent multi-player, so when they said MW3 was going to have dedicatedBe warned, there is no ranked play on dedicated servers. What this means is that the majority of players will be using the public matchmaking system and cheating will be as rampant as it was in MW2. I wasn't aware of this when I pre-ordered this game, had I been I would have not ordered it. Black Ops has actual decent multi-player, so when they said MW3 was going to have dedicated servers I was hopeful, however this one piece of information was held close to the chest until just weeks before release.

Also the campaign takes about 3 hours to beat and isn't really worth spending $60 for alone. It's impossible to justify buying the game without a viable multi-player mode.
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    It's just plain a waste of money now, I've bought all the COD from the first one up until black ops and this time it's not even worth spending the 65$ to play the same game i already bought. The campaign is the only thing keeping people attracted to this series but once that's over you have to deal with the crap that is the multiplayer
  43. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a reskin of MW2 which rehashes the same gameplay yet again with the bare minimum of innovation the developer can get away with, though really should be 'developers' as three developers, the dreggs of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software, were needed to knock out this sequel in their less than 18 month development period.

The campaign took me 4 hours and

The campaign took me 4 hours and 40 minutes on Regular difficulty, I took my time loking for hidden intel of which I collected 22 of the 46 pieces, it's the shortest Call of Duty campaign yet and the shortest FPS campaign I've certainly ever played. It's full of impressive set pieces with buildings falling down around the player's linear path, but these superficial big budget set pieces barely hide to anyone with experience with MW or MW2 that so much content from them is recycled with just a few minor edits made to the textures to fool the player into thinking what they're seeing is new (case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s - an entire building from CoD4), this goes for character models, animations, weapons, vehicles, gameplay sequences (for example the boat secion in MW2), a huge amount of content is reused and the game seems to be built around what they could recycle more than what they could create from scratch. The lack of originality or even intention to be original is present throughout the entire game. The story itself is actually quite enjoyable and feels as much a sequel to CoD4 and MW2, making it tie together nicely as a trilogy, though some sections make it feel more like a fanfic than a true sequel (considering that most of the people who worked on MW2 left and had nothing to do with MW3), the last mission was more of a QTE filled joke than a satisfying conclusion. I wonder how different it would've turned out had 40 of the key staff from IW, the original and only true CoD developer, due to Activision's disgusting treatment of the series, the staff and their creation. I won't even go to the clunkily added controversial scene involving the death of a random child that felt tacked on or the fact that everyone the player kills in the campaign is either African or Russian.

Spec Ops is a mixed bag, the missions are a mix of fun and terrible, and the Veteran difficulty is like that of the campaign, a very lazily added hard difficulty where the player dies to psychic enemies in around 3 bullets, usually within a second of peeking out from cover (and by peeking I mean moving, as there is still no lean function). The survival mode however is a lot of fun, it works well as two player co-op and a lot of the tedium from the other survival mode in the series, Zombies, is removed by taking out the luck factor with the amount of ammo the player can get and which weapons they acquire. There's a lot of fun to be had here with a friend and it runs smoothly online, the same can't be said for the multiplayer though.

In the previous Call of Duty, Black Ops, quickscoping was removed on the basis it's a cheap exploit of the game's aim assist, and that was a good call, though it annoyed many kids who like to do it in MW2. They brought this back in MW3 to please those kids and without regard for the quality of their game's online, this sums up their approach to the multiplayer. As a reskin of MW2 it of course plays quite similarly, they've made attempts to better balance the game with how effective the knife, grenade launchers and killstreak rewards are (which amongst quickscoping ranked as the biggest complaints of MW2's multiplayer) and the new point streak system is a nice addition, but all of the technical problems with this peer hosted, laggy mess with poor hit detection and terrible matchmaking still remain, taking a lot of the fun out of playing it, along of course with the huge focus on player's stats (made worse by in-depth stat tracking) that has most players approaching the game in as cheap a way as possible to camp themselves to a high kill/death ratio. The new game modes aren't actually to original either, some of them may as well credit other older and more recent games considering they're so close to them in design. The map design itself is a campfest, designed by Raven Software as after the majority of IW including all its creative and technical talent it took the few left at IW and other Activision developer Slegehammer Games to design the bulk of the game and they needed help fitting map design into their tight schedule, as of course a Call of Duty has to be out every single Novemeber in order to monopolise on the Christmas sales.

Lazily made rehash that might as well urinate on the grave of the original Infinity Ward, Activision's approach to this franchise is a good representation of everything that's wrong with the game industry right now.

JM
  44. Nov 9, 2011
    This game blows. They've just taken the old game(s) and revamped the UI and added new weapons and such. Really low of them, just so that they may cash in more millions.
  45. Nov 9, 2011
    I'm sorry but I had to register to relay my thoughts on this pice of **** game.

I'm sorry but I had to register to relay my thoughts on this pice of **** game.

I have a 2560 x 1440 resolution on my display. I fired up the game and it was like I was playing at 640 x 480 resolution. All setting were maxxed out in the game too. The developers of this game should be shot. Its an extremely lazy Xbox port. Absolutely shocking. I am going to try and get a refund for this piece of ****.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
  46. Nov 9, 2011
    What I expected from this game was a complete update of graphics that actually tested the high end components. I expect a game that improved upon the previous installment of the same developer. I expected to get $60 worth of gameplay.

What did I get? Regurgitated vomit that smells exactly of the same wretched garbage that still lingers with a bad taste in my mouth. Graphics are piss poor. It lacks zero ingenuity. The interface is the same tired trash that they put out before and even the in-game icons are cheesy and are of the same skill that a high school graphic designer would churn out. I'm sorry, that's inappropriate, I apologize to high school students across the USA, you're work far exceeds this.

This game is merely a greedy attempt to capitalize upon the Call of Duty franchise name. It feels more like some $14.99 DLC off of steam than an actual standalone game. I would have been happy just moving my profile from MW2 to MW3 and calling it a day. Apparently Black OPS is the true winner of this fiasco. After everyone realizes what this game is and how they just had the wool pulled over their eyes, there will be a surge back to all the Black Ops servers.

To be fair, I gave this product a 1.0. My reasoning behind this is, the only people that won are the ones that took my money and provided be with one of the worst games I have ever bought to date. Battlefield 3 comes into a close second to the trash that's been churned out this year. Both games are garbage and maybe this is the end of First Person Shooters. Anyhow, thanks DICE or EA or Activision, or whoever screwed me over. I appreciate it. Hope you go bankrupt.
  47. Nov 9, 2011
    The linear storyline with its complete lack of dynamic player-interaction is a derison to all gamers.
    Activision pulls of its oh-so-well known marketing scheme, trying selling an unoriginal old turd in an original wrapping. With that being said there is one positive aspect: I must now bestow a minimum of effort in order to play through the entire freaking game in a day.
  48. Nov 9, 2011
    As a DLC for MW2 this would get a decent mark. As a flagship 2011 stand alone release it's far short of the 40 quid asking price.

I would recommend people to seriously consider only renting this game, as you can complete the single player in a few hours/one evening. The multiplayer is still terrible as it was back in MW2, the spec ops missions and co-op are ok in small doses. Biggest

Biggest mistake by any video gaming company in 2011?? Releasing a blatant re-hash previous version make over in the wake of the boundary pushing visuals in BF3 (I'm not wildly over excited with the multiplayer gameplay in that either).

I'm giving it a 1 for the briefly entertaining single player story but in the face of overwhelming pish that is the rest of the game.
  49. Nov 9, 2011
    What a **** !!!! Seriously do they're is a way to have my money back !!! This game sucks like no one does.
    Have you guys from activision played it ? You don't imo ...
    Instead of paying "people" to come to your shows, just pay another graphic motor FFS !!! I don't give a ****** of watching trailer with actors when the game is a complete joke !! We wanna game who makes or graphic card
    Have you guys from activision played it ? You don't imo ...
    We wanna game who makes or graphic card crying, we want a game that needs a loan to buy 2x GTX590 to play in LOW graphics modes!!!
    You got two years to bring us a new PGM Game, and you serve us all that ****... so lame
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    Single player is ok, i had no problem with it. But the multiplayer is so **** pathetic/retarded. Terrible maps, terrible map size, terrible graphic, terrible gameplay, terrible guns, terrible gun animation, terrible web interface (seriously, get the **** out of steam and develop a web interface for multiplayer), and so on. I want a refund on my money from buying this piece of **** I shouldSingle player is ok, i had no problem with it. But the multiplayer is so **** pathetic/retarded. Terrible maps, terrible map size, terrible graphic, terrible gameplay, terrible guns, terrible gun animation, terrible web interface (seriously, get the **** out of steam and develop a web interface for multiplayer), and so on. I want a refund on my money from buying this piece of **** I should have downloaded it from Torrent instead of buying. Expand
  51. Nov 9, 2011
    It's not terrible by any means, however, it is frustrating to see a once great series that contains two of my favourite games of all time (CoD 2 & 4) fail to change. Yes, it's the same moderate quality textures, same unrealistic and pathetic gun sounds, same single player thats as linear as the line y=x., and that's a real shame. Activision's desire for a yearly release gives theIt's not terrible by any means, however, it is frustrating to see a once great series that contains two of my favourite games of all time (CoD 2 & 4) fail to change. Yes, it's the same moderate quality textures, same unrealistic and pathetic gun sounds, same single player thats as linear as the line y=x., and that's a real shame. Activision's desire for a yearly release gives the developers no time for any real innovation or enough time for a new engine, this is what lets down this game. It's no longer fun to pay for a brand new game, along with 3 compulsory map packs or the elite subscription if you wish to avoid being 'kicked' from MP games, its becoming greedy. The included maps are tacky, small and repedative from my experience on them, and alas, it is clear that IW haven't listened to fans as the dreaded 'Noob Tube' returns as an early unlock which is perhaps my least favourite thing about call of duty. Graphics (7.5/10): Perhaps not as good as MW2, but a clear step up from Black Ops, the engine however doesn't allow for the dynamic lighting that some rivals to this franchise and the textures are clearly copy and pasted from earlier games. As usual, the guns look great themselves, the few high quality textures are devoted to firearms which look much better than anything else, albeit, not quite as good as BF3. One thing I really like is the 60fps, it leaves the game play smooth at all times, and never seems to dip.

Sound (1/10): Pathetic is the only way to describe them, unrealistic and completely wrong gun sounds return. There are also no dynamic sounds, so a sniper rifle on the other side of a map, 3 blocks away, sounds the same as if it were 5 metres away. Very, very dissappointing.

Multiplayer (4/10): A quote from MW2: "Same stuff, different day", which is a perfect description of the multiplayer aspect of MW3....its nearly IDENTICAL! Some different guns, some not, same sounds, slightly redesigned maps, same game modes practically. There is a huge hype behind "Kill Confirmed" mode, which would be great for a communicating team, however, I'm told that this has been taken from Crysis 2 (not 100% sure on that) plus a slightly different version of CTF. These add little to the game. The same stupid killsteaks, including the annoying Juggernaught that appeared in spec ops last time. Again, in a few months time, be prepared to shell out the MS point equivilent of US$15/$AU23 for the first of 3 map packs that if avoided will see you kicked from every server (or $50 for the elite service). The maps too, all seem identical bar the NYC map, which, combined with the tiny size ( 6 players per team max usually and the playing area is tiny) leaves one bored VERY quickly. Ah yes, to allow for new and unskilled players, noob tube returns from its nerfing in Black Ops to again leave me wanting to tear my hair out in frustration. "Quickscoping", another frustrating 'innovation' has returned to haunt me, an exploit of the over-helpful aim assist. The P2P servers are a clear step down from dedicated ones, they limit the number of players and lag like hell in Australia, I hate it, it's not as fun as past games.

Offline (3/10): Meh, another over the top, unoriginal story. Unbelievably short, finished on easy in 4 and half hours, contrary to most "professional" critics who say it takes 8. However, at least IW tried to do something new with a rip off of zombies along with some more co-op spec ops, however, no co-op will ever compare to Treyarch's Zombies. As a whole, the offline component appears half baked and tired.

Overall, I was going to give this game 6 or 7 out of 10, however seeing as its part of a series, it is a rediculous copy of the last one, hence its low rating. The "professional" critics who raved so highly need to get a grip and loose their bias, as a once CoD fanboy myself, I am very disappointed and will be trying out BF3 in the near future as I return this 'new' game. A pathetic money grab, if you enjoy CoD, play MW2 or MW1, they're by far better than this.
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    this is sad for me the game came as a hope for something that is not there, Dedicated servers are unranked, the MP is the same as MW2 in truth this fell like an update to MW2 but it see to be worse then MW2, I'm just so freaking frustrated why the F*** i payed for this?????
    I wanted an improved MP for PC no another bad port from a console!!! I want ranked Dedicated servers and i want a lot more then i got offered here.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    As an avid fan of call of duty since COD1 over ten years ago I have loved the COD series although the last 3 games released have got increasingly repetitive for me. They are basically all the same game, I have basically bought three map packs over recent years at full price. MW3 seems to be the worst of this re-using buildings from as far back as COD1 even, cmon 10 year old models usedAs an avid fan of call of duty since COD1 over ten years ago I have loved the COD series although the last 3 games released have got increasingly repetitive for me. They are basically all the same game, I have basically bought three map packs over recent years at full price. MW3 seems to be the worst of this re-using buildings from as far back as COD1 even, cmon 10 year old models used over and over again!

Start from scratch infinity ward and build a whole new game, that is if you can without the original guys who made call of duty in the first place. You have milked this cash cow enough
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    Do. Not. But. I have signed up on metacritic just to write a review on this game. I own every game from the call of duty franchise and like always I pre ordered this hoping that all doubts in my head would be squashed upon release... I was wrong...

This is a console game, nothing more than a port to PC, the maps are small, the weapons are awful unless your a fan of close quarter weapons and everything about it just makes it feel like a DLC for MW2.

The day of release I felt robbed of my money and sadly in this age on PC there are no refunds.

I
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    I have never really played COD games too much but I received this game for free with some RAM that I bought so thought it would be great to give it a shot. If you read no further than this then DON'T spend your hard earned cash on this game.

The campaign is laughably short, I thought that 7 hours was short for a campaign in other games but 4 hours really has reached an all new record! It is a very linear, scripted, funneled experience with no real surprises. Some of the set peices are nice but they can't save a poor single player. The graphics in MW3 for a high spec computer are terrible, this game could literally have been released 5+ years ago and graphically you would not know any differently. Innovation has really stagnated with this game. On to the multiplayer - there are a number of issues I have with this on the PC. Lack of dedicated servers for rank play, unable to change the FOV (its stuck to a very narror 50ish!) and I absolutely hate kill and death streaks. Worst idea in an FPS I have ever encountered. I have also had a number of disconnects and other glitches that I helped to ruin my online experiences with this game. Gun play seems fairly tight but the maps are so small and samey that it feels almost claustrophobic.

Clearly this game is made for consoles and the PC version really suffers for this. I no longer have any faith in game reviews, some of them are so blantly being funneled cash for great release date reviews.

Give this one a miss, there are plenty of other games out there on the PC that have had a lot more consideration for the platform.
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    It just mw 2.1. Nothing new, boring campaign, boring multiplayer, terrible textures and dat twentieth century game engine just hackwork and spitting in the gamers faces. 0/10.
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    I see no reason to buy this game if you own even Modern Warfare 1 on the PC. This game doesn't even have lean. This is little more than MW2 with some wax applied to it and a 60 dollar price tag attached. Welcome to the era of 60 dollar mods.
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    Cash Cow game much? Tried so much to get into this game but it is terrible, i love reading all of the comments by the children that play it "oh you only be hatin' because of BF3 blah blah blah". This game is clearly a copy and paste job, i feel bad for the people that genuinely bought it and not just because their friends did (so they had to be popular). The graphics are terrible, lookCash Cow game much? Tried so much to get into this game but it is terrible, i love reading all of the comments by the children that play it "oh you only be hatin' because of BF3 blah blah blah". This game is clearly a copy and paste job, i feel bad for the people that genuinely bought it and not just because their friends did (so they had to be popular). The graphics are terrible, look like PS2 textures sometimes and to me that's quite bad. Controls, no change... Gameplay, no change... Perks, minor change. Lucky for me my friend bought this game before i did so i never lost any money really.
    As for the IGN review, please, what a pure kiss ass review, single player campaign is visually stunning? It's just stripped levels from the old games slapped in with horrible textures and nasty auto aim.
    Well after my rant, i'll give this game a 0 out of 10, it is not worth anyone's money, not even the fake chocolate kind.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    I bought this game thinking it was about answering the call of nature and dropping a deuce in the toilet. Instead it seems to be about a guy that shoots others with no remorse.Very misleading title!!!
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Normally you'd go for the "When its not broken don't fix it" motto but this does not work here. An aging game with aging game play mixed with a far too young player base to play this game legally makes it a dull and frustrating experience. There is no wow factor and for such a high price tag this truly feels like a con.
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    I made an account for this website just to show how disappointed I am with this latest installment of a franchise I thoroughly enjoyed since the original modern warfare. I wasn't troubled too much with the fact that this game was almost a carbon copy of MW2, but it was the little changes that annoyed me the most when they are all piled together. The gun swaying while running is laughable,I made an account for this website just to show how disappointed I am with this latest installment of a franchise I thoroughly enjoyed since the original modern warfare. I wasn't troubled too much with the fact that this game was almost a carbon copy of MW2, but it was the little changes that annoyed me the most when they are all piled together. The gun swaying while running is laughable, you actually move a lot slower then compared to MW2 - removing the fluidity of this game while doing so. The music score for the game is garbage compared to MW and MW2, and the campaign is horribly written, stale, and predictable. The only positive thing I have seen is a reduction of grenade launching game play. The graphics are basically the same but personally that doesn't bother me too much. This game was not worth it at all, and Activision / IW made a killing off of this game. You can tell that when they sat down to discuss how they were going to make MW3, they went with the business model of: try to keep everything the same to cut production costs. All in all, I'd recommend staying away from this game. Ignore what the editors for news articles say. This is NOT worth it. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MW3 isn't a very intresting game. It has the same gameplay as with all the other MW game, with that I am fine, a title should stay true to the gameplay it has. This is the only reason I'll be willing to give the game 1 point. I also like the new gamemode but it isn't close to enough. The game is not well balanced, it has huge lag issus, the sound is anything but pleasing compared to other FPS titles, the graphics more or less the same as with BO but you can't change your FOV. This makes the game feel slower than it is, not a good thing for a run'n gun game. It also means that people will get pain in their eyes after playing for a time period longer than 8 minutes (look at TotalHalibut´s video :WFT is modern warfair 3? to get a more in deapth descussion about the matter). MW3 also has left out many of the good things that BO intruduced. When playing MW3 you ask yourself why you don't just play MW2 or a mod of CoD4. The game doesn't bring anything new and fresh to the series and it just feels old and mossy. As a gamer it is impossible to accept that the series is getting less and less content for every new game, but sadly that is what has happend to the CoD series after CoD4 and MW2. The money I put on MW3 was money poorely spent. The next CoD game better have a new up to date engeien, better graphics, a new tutch on the gameplay (without loosing the run'n gun feel). In other words, the next time another CoD is anounced I don't want an over priced mod. MAKE COD GOOD AGAIN! Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Game Chronicles review is so untrue, I'm amazed how they can right this stuff, Perfection and so on, come on guys, we are not retards, give us honest reviews, stop being bought by the Pubs, Forgo your swanky hotels in Palm Springs, Just write honest reviews instead of the **** you publish. The game looks very old, the ranked servers don't play well, and to top it off, they looked down mostGame Chronicles review is so untrue, I'm amazed how they can right this stuff, Perfection and so on, come on guys, we are not retards, give us honest reviews, stop being bought by the Pubs, Forgo your swanky hotels in Palm Springs, Just write honest reviews instead of the **** you publish. The game looks very old, the ranked servers don't play well, and to top it off, they looked down most of the dedi servers options, very much unlike COD4 if you want my opinion Expand
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    Do yourself a favor and start MW2 and you won't know the difference.No dedicated servers makes it hard for us Aussies to get decent connection.I just wonder why the professional reviewers score this MW 2 map pack that highly. Afraid they won't get the junket next year?
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Copycat of the previous titles, where is the innovation? Honestly this is not a video game, because once PC and console games was more then just products the developers can make money of, they were more like piece of art. Nowadays moneymaker Activision does not give a crap about art design, music, new game play elements, and innovation, they just try to sell as much as they can, withoutCopycat of the previous titles, where is the innovation? Honestly this is not a video game, because once PC and console games was more then just products the developers can make money of, they were more like piece of art. Nowadays moneymaker Activision does not give a crap about art design, music, new game play elements, and innovation, they just try to sell as much as they can, without maintaining the quality. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    I pre-ordered both BF3 and MW3...
    And, i can not see differences between MW2 & MW3...
    THIS IS THE SAME **** GAME.
    The only new feature is the system to get screwed in the long term with cod elite...
  67. BDA
    Nov 11, 2011
    I somewhat enjoyed Call of Duty back when the series first started. It had a lot of charm and the first few sequels brought something new to the table. Unfortunately, This game didn't bring anything new to the table compared to the last few games in the series. It sickens me how much this series has gotten away with re-releasing the same formula with barely any changes for so long. I canI somewhat enjoyed Call of Duty back when the series first started. It had a lot of charm and the first few sequels brought something new to the table. Unfortunately, This game didn't bring anything new to the table compared to the last few games in the series. It sickens me how much this series has gotten away with re-releasing the same formula with barely any changes for so long. I can easily buy an Indy game for 10 Dollars that can give me more innovation and gameplay than any of the Call of Duty games combined. The fact that this game even has a 60 dollar price tag is baffling, considering it is pretty much exactly like the past 2 games in the Modern Warfare series. I give credit that Modern Warfare 2 has a better amount of content than the first one but this game is the exact same if not worse than the title that came before it. It's funny to me how the press and Infinity ward think this is somewhat of an "attack" on the series but I think this is more of an outcry that we want to see better. Sadly, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    The story is too much cheesy to watch.
    The gameplay is the same old history.
    The graphic are very much the same.
    The music also either.
    I can´t believe that I waste my money on this.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    Sorry Call of Duty, I just don't feel it would be fair to give anything but a zero when the same game just keeps getting rehashed. This is ridiculous CoD developers, releasing the same game for $60 a pop and then throwing in lame DLC on top of that. Zero, zero, zero. Shame on you!
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    I feel sorry for people that paid $60 for this piece of crap. This game looks like a DLC more than a full version game to me. The graphics did not change anything at all since Modern Warfare 2 so it is like paying for the same game third time in a row. Also the campaign was really boring.
  71. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is the same as junk food is to proper cuisine. This game is fun for a quick fix but has so many negatives that makes it only worthy as a bargain bin purchase.
    Tons of game modes which is nice but the pc version is very lackluster. Did Activision pay money for all the CRITIC REVIEWS - did the Critic Reviewers even play the game - they are so inaccurate.
    Peer-to-peer for
    Peer-to-peer for multiplayer on PC, no ranks on local servers? very ugly game textures, subpar controls? and the field of vision game me a terrible headache. Come on a 60 degree field of vision?
  72. Nov 12, 2011
    Ok first off this game is riddled with hacks. Second game I was in had an aimbotter in it. 54 and 5 spinning in circles. So by far BF3 beats this game hands down. BF3 isn't perfect but it doesn't have sardine can sized maps with everyone running around with an SMG with steady aim never aiming down the sights at all even across the map. At least you don't have the over powered perks andOk first off this game is riddled with hacks. Second game I was in had an aimbotter in it. 54 and 5 spinning in circles. So by far BF3 beats this game hands down. BF3 isn't perfect but it doesn't have sardine can sized maps with everyone running around with an SMG with steady aim never aiming down the sights at all even across the map. At least you don't have the over powered perks and stuff to worry about in BF3. If you call me a BF fanboy I can tell you this I own EVERY CoD on PC and this is by FAR the worst game to date. The only fun I had was playing on a gun game dedicated server because I didn't have to worry about lag and a bad host with a 56k modem. Simply because IWNET wasn't fixed to work with the better hosts. After getting hacked to death we have the problem of guns with bigger calibers hitting twice as many times as a guy that killed me. I die to 2 shots from an smg with 45 caliber or 9 mm when I am using bigger guns like 7.62 assault rifles and lmgs hitting people 5-10 times in the chest. Or I get shot in the killcam in the knees and it counts as a head shot? No way. Pretty much the hit detection is **** at best. I will stick with a game series thats actually trying to push the gaming industry instead of catering to the least common denominator aka consoles.

Not to mention the head of Sledgehammer games is begging for better user scores when they aren't warranted. If you want better scores make a better game. Then we wouldn't have this problem.
  73. Nov 13, 2011
    Man picked this game up and played it for a few hours at a lan cafe on launch night, mostly multiplayer. I have to say, if anyone were to pick this game up for the first time, theyd love the hell out of this. But it's the same game I played in 2007 and 2009 again and I was unpeasantly surprised to see that very little changed. The only attraction for DOC veterans like me is the campaignMan picked this game up and played it for a few hours at a lan cafe on launch night, mostly multiplayer. I have to say, if anyone were to pick this game up for the first time, theyd love the hell out of this. But it's the same game I played in 2007 and 2009 again and I was unpeasantly surprised to see that very little changed. The only attraction for DOC veterans like me is the campaign which I assume will only last for a few hours or so. So to all the fanboys out there (including the critics) who are biased to this game, I ask this, why do you like this processed **** so much? And to all the haters.....WHAT THE **** DID YOU EXPECT??? Expand
  74. Nov 13, 2011
    Ever just copy a bad game(MW2) and make another bad game(MW3)? You would think one look into the numbers of faithful still playing COD4 and COD2 that something was done right. MW2 came out and was widely abused. Making an exact copy of your worst effort to date in the Call of Duty series was an idiotic decision to say the least.
  75. Nov 13, 2011
    This game will get a point for everything they did that WASN'T a copy/paste of MW2 So, here is the list:
    1. Spec Ops survival: Yes, its a rehash of zombies, but its kinda cool, actually.
    2. The new kill streaks/weapon proficiency things: Not major enough for one each, but they deserve a mention. 3. Splitscreen multiplayer: yes it was in black ops, but its new to modern warfare, so it
    3. Splitscreen multiplayer: yes it was in black ops, but its new to modern warfare, so it counts.
    4. They fixed a lot of the problems I had with the game (its what MW2 SHOULD and COULD have been)

Now, I'm going to subtract a point for everything that sucks a big one:

1. The campaign: Not like it wasn't expected, but its still a pile of ****
    2. The graphics: I mean, come on, you knew this would happen Activision, its been 4 years, grow a pair and make a new engine.
  76. Nov 13, 2011
    Wasn't sure if this review belonged in the MW2 section or this, since they are pretty much the same game. Let's see £50 for a game I already bought two year ago with some changes to the perks and maps ? I think not I'd like to see the MW franchise either reinvent itself or disappear completely. The story was short took me about 3 hours and the MP was dismal. The graphicsWasn't sure if this review belonged in the MW2 section or this, since they are pretty much the same game. Let's see £50 for a game I already bought two year ago with some changes to the perks and maps ? I think not I'd like to see the MW franchise either reinvent itself or disappear completely. The story was short took me about 3 hours and the MP was dismal. The graphics engine was hailed as the dogs bollocks before this was released saying it rivalled BF3 and yet all they added was Ambient Occlusion which adds a little detail but that feature has been available to all nvidia users since 2009. Of course Activision will release DLC that will be £12 a shot and will have 3 maps most likely from the last MW3 and one new map that took them all of 20 minutes to make. I imagine all the hurr durr console fans will be creaming over this and the intelligent consoleers will see through this scam. This game only merits as an expansion to MW2 at most. Anyway Activision have lost me as a customer as their customer service is terrible and they wouldn't let me change my username saying that it is impossible to do. Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    Glen Schofield asked me to come and vote for this game. How could I refuse him. Do not be lazy register and put this game deserved a zero.I think zero is suspiciously high otseka for this game.
  78. Nov 13, 2011
    They are just making fun of you. All they want is your money. It is exactly the same as the years before.
    I checked it with a friend and I am so glad that I didn't buy it. Find someone other stupid. This year without me!
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    The main reason I am giving this game a bad score is because it is identical to the last COD's. I was a huge MW1 fan. I still am. This game is a replica of that and not much has changed. There is nothing to keep my interest. I was a huge MW fan and still have a place in my heart for it, but I want something different. Something new. This new game has not given it to me. TheThe main reason I am giving this game a bad score is because it is identical to the last COD's. I was a huge MW1 fan. I still am. This game is a replica of that and not much has changed. There is nothing to keep my interest. I was a huge MW fan and still have a place in my heart for it, but I want something different. Something new. This new game has not given it to me. The graphics have not changed, the game play has not changed.... its all the same damn thing just a different title. I have stopped playing the COD games all together and have moved on to Battlefield. I feel as if the game is now just becoming a money maker instead of trying to satisfy their consumers. I am extremely disappointed in this MW. Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    OK I've played CoD since CoD 2. I've played and enjoyed the Bf series as well and enjoy them both. now for my review...

OK, Activision. I didn't **** spend my earned cash for my i7 2600k dual GTX580 16GIG RAM machine for no god damn rehashed **** with a price of $60. SIXTY! This is a 2011 game, again, 2011!!! In this day and age of graphical technology, this game is an embarrassing erectile dysfunction compared to other releases. From the trailer, to the second I booted this 14GB hunk of fecal mold, I expected innovation, graphically utilizing visuals and balance in your multiplayer. what we get!? The complete opposite. Full of copy-pasta and FAIL. Let alone your graphics are still **** when you max out this game, even in my 1920 x 1200 res. you missed a ton of things black ops had but what's worse is your ability to copy everything! You even left out a ton of title and emblems in the barracks from MW2! The guns sound like airsoft AEGs from Walmart, the hit detection make my eyes roll back and make me foam in the mouth. BUT the most up-F*cked thing of this MW release are the MAPS. Tight corner, camp friendly, spawn kill inducing maps. I don't have one map that I really like here. Regardless of what game mode your playing, YOU'RE PLAYING FFA... Sniping? you're F*cked... no real sniping maps.The story is fun but linear and makes me want to fly past every mission without enjoying it. Then again, the multiplayer is what hooks people. But now it seems the only people who are stupid enough to defend this game are prepubescent kids. Now the MW series and possibly CoD series is dead. NOT worth the money. NOT trolling the fanbase. No Bullsh*t. I've been tricked and hype-f*cked by IW. It's worse for us Steam users who can't get refunds for this garbage, so rejoice console players.
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    I'll be honest. Not a fan - feels more like MW2.5 - 60$ for 16 new maps. CoDElite - I'll never buy - seems more and more like a money grab. I honestly knew the game wasn't going to be new and exciting but I still feel duped for some reason. Few new guns and a bouncing betty. MW2.5 - I'm wishing I would have gotten BF3 - I still may go grab that.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best expansion pack I've ever purchased. I was so glad when Activision decided to break the mold and start releasing expansion packs just like everybody used to do back in the day. Sure it's a little expensive (60 dollars), but just wait a year and that'll go down in price about 10 dollars when the next expansion pack comes out.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    This game deserves nothing less than a 0/10. i bought this game at midnight release, and I got tired of playing it after 2 days. This game should've been called Modern Warfare 2.5, this game is just a map pack and a game patch. The game is not near different enough to be worth $60. Black ops was more different from MW2 than this crap was. EVERYTHING is the exact same! the userThis game deserves nothing less than a 0/10. i bought this game at midnight release, and I got tired of playing it after 2 days. This game should've been called Modern Warfare 2.5, this game is just a map pack and a game patch. The game is not near different enough to be worth $60. Black ops was more different from MW2 than this crap was. EVERYTHING is the exact same! the user interface is the same, even the fonts of the words are the same! (screams copy and paste!) Activision is ripping off all of their customers. After I told myself that this was the worst $60 I've ever spent, I went and made the decision to buy Battlefield 3. That game is awesome!!!! The developers of BF3 put sooooo much more effort into that game compared to MW3. BF3 actually feels like a new game to me! Expand
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolutely no updates to engine used in MW2. They even had the balls to use the same soundclips in multiplayer, e.g. the extreme digital liger scream with double-bass drum when you level-up/unlock, "Take no prisoners!" at level start, etc. The multiplayer looks like its being processed at 1366x768 and stretched to fit your 1920x1080 screen. Same flopping chickens, same outfits, and theAbsolutely no updates to engine used in MW2. They even had the balls to use the same soundclips in multiplayer, e.g. the extreme digital liger scream with double-bass drum when you level-up/unlock, "Take no prisoners!" at level start, etc. The multiplayer looks like its being processed at 1366x768 and stretched to fit your 1920x1080 screen. Same flopping chickens, same outfits, and the effing riot shield is still in the game. Why? Expand
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Broken promises of "Ranked Dedicated servers" "Call of Duty Elite" None for the PC gamer as advertised it would. The game is MW2 with graphics that seem to be outdated by at least 3 to 4 years. I am in a clan and all members purchased the game. We are trying everything to like and or enjoy the game but our members can only play for a short time due to pure frustration of the multiplayerBroken promises of "Ranked Dedicated servers" "Call of Duty Elite" None for the PC gamer as advertised it would. The game is MW2 with graphics that seem to be outdated by at least 3 to 4 years. I am in a clan and all members purchased the game. We are trying everything to like and or enjoy the game but our members can only play for a short time due to pure frustration of the multiplayer game play with the matchmaking server system they have. Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    I played this game just to see what happened with main characters. That was quite satisfying but the rest of the game feels very familiar. Why did they work so long on this game to bring us same old multi and same ols single player campaign. Even some of the environment elements were taken from mw2. I would be happy if this was a mission pack for mw2 but releasing and buying this as aI played this game just to see what happened with main characters. That was quite satisfying but the rest of the game feels very familiar. Why did they work so long on this game to bring us same old multi and same ols single player campaign. Even some of the environment elements were taken from mw2. I would be happy if this was a mission pack for mw2 but releasing and buying this as a "full price" game was a mistake. Expand
  87. Nov 15, 2011
    Biggest disappointment of the year!!! I buy call of duty not for the single player, but for the mutliplayer. Immediately when I entered the mutiplayer, I knew this game was going to suck balls. IWnet all over again, lags, host migration etc. By this time one would think that infinity ward and activision would have realized IWnet is the biggest rubbish there is. Even Call of duty 1 hasBiggest disappointment of the year!!! I buy call of duty not for the single player, but for the mutliplayer. Immediately when I entered the mutiplayer, I knew this game was going to suck balls. IWnet all over again, lags, host migration etc. By this time one would think that infinity ward and activision would have realized IWnet is the biggest rubbish there is. Even Call of duty 1 has dedicated servers!!!! And not to speak, this game is 99% MW2, with 1% of modifications. Activision and infinity ward doesn't give a damn about their customers, as long as they make their millions of Dollars!! I hope there is a special place in hell for the people who created IWnet!!!! I will not buy another COD game in my life again if is does not have dedicated servers!! They just steal our money each year with a inferior game!! Expand
  88. Nov 15, 2011
    Since I am playing this on the PC, The graphics are no where near the better frostbite 2 engine that battlefield has. The graphics is a minor difference from black ops and mw2, they should have just made this as an expansion pack with new additional mode of play. At least they finally completed the story line, the campaign is better and longer than battlefield 3 in my opinion. I reallySince I am playing this on the PC, The graphics are no where near the better frostbite 2 engine that battlefield has. The graphics is a minor difference from black ops and mw2, they should have just made this as an expansion pack with new additional mode of play. At least they finally completed the story line, the campaign is better and longer than battlefield 3 in my opinion. I really enjoyed playing through the single player campaign, but I had minimal enjoyment on the multiplayer part because it feels like I have been doing this over and over already since mw2 and black ops. Releasing a CoD multiple times in one year will drop the excitement so fast. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters.I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters. Only thing I'm content with about this game is that it is finally over. The series was wrapped up as sloppy as possible but at the very least the story was concluded. As for the multiplayer aspect of this game, on PC it is beyond horrendous. There are dedicated servers which is a step up from Modern Warfare 2 but they are unranked. Meaning that you can't level as you would a ranked matched game. So it takes out the whole point of playing on a dedicated server unless you want to get away from the hackers. Oh boy there are a lot of hackers in this game. 7 out of 10 games feature at least 3-4 hackers. Ranging from wall hacks to aim bots even rank hacks. How could someone prestige to the 10th tier if the game has been barely out a month? What's even more disappointing is the ranked matches are horrible done. If your host you most certainly get the jump on everyone and have the higher score at the end of the round. Assuming of course the match isn't filled with hackers.

Overall this game is somewhat mediocre. No innovations and not even better graphics. Same engine and same gameplay. It is the last MW3 in the saga and thank goodness for that.
  90. Jan 19, 2012
    This actually, wasn't too bad, but probably only worth it to finish up the Modern Warfare storyline.

I've always favored Infinity Ward iterations of the COD franchise, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting MW3 to actually be released after that issue a while back of Activision kicking quite a few of the Infinity Ward team off the project. Now, the single player of MW3 is very good, voice

Now, the single player of MW3 is very good, voice acting is nice, the storyline isn't hard to follow, even ties in with scenes from COD4 and MW2, the graphics are crisp and rich in detail, not to mention the campaign's ending was actually quite satisfying. The gameplay is more or less the same as MW2 with new weapons, a new campaign that continues right where MW2 left off, and adds a few new characters. Whether or not you class this as a bad thing is up to you, I'll personally admit yes it did get a little repetitive later on in the game.

I'm quite reclusive and most of my internet time was spent on dialup / satellite internet so I never quite got around to playing multiplayer, but I hear a lot of complaints about the matchmaking system. To be honest I feel the matchmaking should stay with the game consoles.. or as a secondary option with the choice of a server browser, so you have a choice with either a casual match with random people or a good game with people you know from a clan. (Off the record.. Just my opinion, Call of Duty's multiplayer is not deep like the fans say. To be honest it hasn't really changed much since COD4.)

And of course, I'm going to cite my protest at Activision with their greed. 15 dollars for a DLC is insane, I could wait for one of Steam's holiday sales and get 3 or 4 full games for the price. Hell, I even grabbed BOTH Mass Effect 1 and 2 for a total of 5 dollars less than one of the Call of Duty DLCs. Not to mention their absolutely stupid decision to cancel popular game series' like Guitar Hero, Its a no brainer why EA is kicking their arses royally right now.
  91. Dec 27, 2011
    A lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up theA lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up the obsolete content in MW3 are dedicated servers and modding support. Overall this game isn't worth the $60 price tag with additional cost on future DLC. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    Here's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having moreHere's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having more fun revisiting the original Modern Warfare than I am with this thing. Save your money. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    I have bought but I was regretted it absolutely. It's a big disappointment.
    I'm not talikng about graphics because we know its almost a 10 years old engine but the game mechanics overall nothing new. Small maps no chance to put some tactical elements everybody just run and jump like a mad bunny. For me its a modern brainless quake, so its a shame. I have a feeling I have been sold.
  94. Ras
    Nov 10, 2011
    This game sucks balls. Literally MW2.5, they even rehashed buildings from MW1 which came out 5 years ago! Talk about that laziness. The engine is pretty old now, so the graphkics isn't that good. The gameplay is the same same same same **** from COD4. BUT it still sell well, why? Because idiots will be idiots.
  95. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the exact same or worse graphically than its predecessor in the modern warfare series. On top of this, the game play is unchanged barring a few small things such as a few perks being taken out. People that buy this game year in and year out are really deluded if they find that this is somehow new, its almost like buying madden year in and year out, activision would never beThis game is the exact same or worse graphically than its predecessor in the modern warfare series. On top of this, the game play is unchanged barring a few small things such as a few perks being taken out. People that buy this game year in and year out are really deluded if they find that this is somehow new, its almost like buying madden year in and year out, activision would never be able to make money if they didn't get lucky with CoD 4. Since then they have just rode the success of it, and the fact that CoD has little kids as a fan base who cant tell the difference. EA should be commended for making a much better and amazing game in Battlefield 3. Expand
  96. Nov 9, 2011
    The most overhyped piece of trash I've ever played. Every Call of Duty game has been identical since 2007. The developers make very little effort to make the games exciting and this is no exception. If you already have MW2 or any other COD game for that matter, you certainly don't need this. There's absolutely nothing new on offer. Avoid like the plague.
  97. Nov 23, 2011

The campaign is short and the story could have come from a once off comic book for gun ho teens, presuming it could even keep them interested.

Only good part worth mentioning is one point in the game where the playerIt's an average shooter, nothing really stands out. Infact it's lacking even compared to older FPS games and that's before considering how badly it's ported to the PC.

Only good part worth mentioning is one point in the game where the player is heavily armoured which is fun and changes things up, other than that there's nothing good to mention about Modern Warfare 3. It's beating a dead horse, that died in a previous game. Expand

98. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 was only made to MAKE MONEY!!! Are they serious?!?!BlackOps made 2.500.000.000$!! Where this money go? To develop new amazing engine? No... To improve anything in gameplay? No... So where ours money go? To **** EA corporation! For what BlackUps made this game should be FOR FREE!!My heart is bleeding when i see what happen to ours hobby;( Sad that now everybody wont to makeModern Warfare 3 was only made to MAKE MONEY!!! Are they serious?!?!BlackOps made 2.500.000.000$!! Where this money go? To develop new amazing engine? No... To improve anything in gameplay? No... So where ours money go? To **** EA corporation! For what BlackUps made this game should be FOR FREE!!My heart is bleeding when i see what happen to ours hobby;( Sad that now everybody wont to make money...not games:[â Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that.This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that. On the technical side MW3 is far behind BF3. I especially like BF3's environment damage, but they also make good use of elements like smoke and light to add new tactical options.
    Multiplayer has turned into a circus for players not meeting the age requirement of MW3.
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big nameI'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big name movie stars for your commercials than you did making a good game. Collapse

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012