2.4

1. Nov 14, 2011
    This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that.This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that. On the technical side MW3 is far behind BF3. I especially like BF3's environment damage, but they also make good use of elements like smoke and light to add new tactical options.
    Multiplayer has turned into a circus for players not meeting the age requirement of MW3.
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    I have a multiple points of view on this COD. First is the gameplay and whole "feeling" from game. Its great, the story, the feeling, its like you play a movie. A true cinematic experience in your control. For that i give 8/10. But that is all. What is much worse is graphic. and inovations in this game Horrible resolution of textures, awful 2d background, 2d fences. My god is this a 2011I have a multiple points of view on this COD. First is the gameplay and whole "feeling" from game. Its great, the story, the feeling, its like you play a movie. A true cinematic experience in your control. For that i give 8/10. But that is all. What is much worse is graphic. and inovations in this game Horrible resolution of textures, awful 2d background, 2d fences. My god is this a 2011 game? Indie game developers with much less budget can create graphics better than this. Another problem is MP. Nothing new, just recycled previous COD. I believe if they spend more time on the technical side of this game, i would give it 9/10, but for this "dinosaur" graphic and no inovation im giving 4/10. That graphic is just LOL, 2004 games have much better graphics like this. nobody wants crysis graphics, but they should give us at least graphic from this decade, not from the last 00s. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    Briefly intro, I've owned Call of Duty II and been an avid fps player for many years now. This is game is mediocre. It was worth the money, but only because I got it for 40% less by buying it overseas. First the single player is fun, but the formula is the same as every other call of duty before it, and i can't help but feel that I've played this before. The graphics are the same asBriefly intro, I've owned Call of Duty II and been an avid fps player for many years now. This is game is mediocre. It was worth the money, but only because I got it for 40% less by buying it overseas. First the single player is fun, but the formula is the same as every other call of duty before it, and i can't help but feel that I've played this before. The graphics are the same as before, but I can't dislike the game for this, the graphics don't make the game. The multiplayer is a joke. The maps are small, the player count is small. There is no strategy. For a PC game i would expect a mature gaming community, but it is all campers. The match making service leaves me with no community, no regular server to go back to. I'm so disappointed with the multiplayer in this game. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    If you have played MW2 you have already experienced half of MW3. The game lacks innovation, it still uses the same 4 years old game engine and it recycles some of the graphics and sound effects from the earlier games. The gameplay and even the menus are almost identical to the old ones.

As NHL game series has annual release with very little changes, same has started to happen with the COD series. The game is no means worth 60â
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    The game looks exactly like MW2, it's literally just a mod. The safe mode dialogue actually says "Modern Warfare 2 did not close properly last time". And what happened to dedicated servers? Aren't you guys learning from the criticisms of the garbage iwnet matchmaking system from MW2? Overall, the multiplayer gameplay gives me a very bad taste on why I hated the COD franchise.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaing/multiplayer of this game terrible, worst CoD ever made sadly. Linear, **** story, old engine... they could make better game if they wouldnt be lazy. Survivor mod is great with friends.

Single Player: You can finish it in like 4 hours... sux story. Survivor mode: I realy like that, not so bad. Multiplayer: Same bugs and weapons and stuff in MW2... renamed, Point strike. 1 out

Single Player: You can finish it in like 4 hours... sux story.
    Survivor mode: I realy like that, not so bad.
    Multiplayer: Same bugs and weapons and stuff in MW2... renamed, Point strike.

1 out of 10 coz of survivor mode
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    Where in **** name should I start? The menus identical to MW2, the graphics are a match for GameBoy Colour and the the gampplay is the exact same I mean it's Identical.
    This game isnnothing but an expensive rip-off.
    COD has beaten so many games with the same game in a different box and now tier creators can beg all they want but we really shouldn't give in and give them HUGE Zâ
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Lower your expectations to zero. Unplug your brain. Ignore the soul crushing mediocrity of it all. Play it with your eyes closed. Yes that last one helped a bit. Simply put, the worst game of all times. I think im done with gaming!
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Time to move to a new engine and change the game big time. Ugly and terrible. MW is dead, and if activision continue to milk the cash cow they're going to be disappointed next year.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    The Call of Duty series like many other people said is just a big money milking machine. They do not care for their fans as apparent in their decision to release practically the same game each and every year and expect fans to buy it. And yet, it still break sales records because of the popularity and hype that drives this game off store shelves. Well let me tell you this, there areThe Call of Duty series like many other people said is just a big money milking machine. They do not care for their fans as apparent in their decision to release practically the same game each and every year and expect fans to buy it. And yet, it still break sales records because of the popularity and hype that drives this game off store shelves. Well let me tell you this, there are more alternative games deserving of the hard earned money you make. People shouldn't feel obligated to buy this game because like its the only option out there especially for fps games. There are better games like BF3 and Gears of War 3. I'm not a fan of the Battlefield series but they are slowly winning my admiration based on how they treat their fans. They actually LISTEN and care for the fans. Just look at Battlefield's twitter account, they try to respond to each and every follower and actually do their best to resolve each issue that comes up. Unlike Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3 was in years of development and they weren't just an expansion pack that is released year after year and renamed into a new game. Props to BF3 for their quality of work and care they put into their game. They are more deserving of your money and should really be the number 1 game in the fps gaming genre. I expect the Call of Duty series to be gone in the next couple of years if they continue the path they are in unless they completely remake a whole new game with a better game engine but until then, BF3's frostbite engine will continue to be "above and beyond" the Call of Duty. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Mw3 strength is it gave everyone exactly what they were looking for...

Mw3 strength is it gave everyone exactly what they were looking for...

Mw3's biggest weakness..is the fact it gave everyone exactly the same game as last time. Same weapons, same voice overs, same almost everything. The only thing new in MW3 was the SP campaign. The mw3 Multi-player game looks like Mw2 with a few new maps and things strewn about. This MP game could have sold as a map pack for mw2 and got away with it. then again..maybe COD players just bought a really expensive map-pack with a new sp attached to it.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I refuse to pay Activision any money after announcing the removal of dedicated servers from MW2. I also find it insulting that they tell us it was by community request to remove them - it was clear from this point that MW1, a great game, was being rinsed for profit. MW3 is just further proof of this - buying it is only showing that you want Activision to do it more.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 tries soooo hard to refine its gameplay experience by combining aspects from black ops and mw2 and ends up creating an even more ridiculous, completely unbalanced, unrealistic, unimpressive ctrl-c, ctrl-v. character animations have been stagnant since modern warfare 1, gun models look like plastic toys, the sense of scope is tiny, and the fact that they actually ask gamersModern Warfare 3 tries soooo hard to refine its gameplay experience by combining aspects from black ops and mw2 and ends up creating an even more ridiculous, completely unbalanced, unrealistic, unimpressive ctrl-c, ctrl-v. character animations have been stagnant since modern warfare 1, gun models look like plastic toys, the sense of scope is tiny, and the fact that they actually ask gamers to pay 60 dollars for this is absurd. then on top of that they throw in this "premium service" called call of duty elite. its a stat tracker with some clan management and a discount for their crap map packs that they release monthly. that is 50 dollars a year. they have taken what was once a great series stripped it of its roots and used it as a cash cow. mw1 great, mw2 mediocre, blops horrible. mw3 for 110 dollars? an abortion. Expand
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the same old crap that has been spoon fed to us with a re-branded title, some new maps, modes, and guns. At the very least you could have put some new weapon sounds instead of re-using the same old **** Old engine is old, nuff said. Infinity Ward thinks they can give us dedicated servers back instead of that god awful IWNET **** and think we will be happy, but PCModern Warfare 3 is the same old crap that has been spoon fed to us with a re-branded title, some new maps, modes, and guns. At the very least you could have put some new weapon sounds instead of re-using the same old **** Old engine is old, nuff said. Infinity Ward thinks they can give us dedicated servers back instead of that god awful IWNET **** and think we will be happy, but PC players hold grudges, forever. /fail game #BF3WINS Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU PLAY FROM AUSTRALIA.

DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU PLAY FROM AUSTRALIA.

I was really looking forward to this game considering the great game that CoD:BO was. Unfortunately Modern Warfare 3 just has not lived up to the hype. The single player campaign was pretty good but like most I bought it for multiplayer and multiplayer in MW3 is simply atrocious. Unlike CoD:BO they have decided that they will not allow ranked play on dedicated servers. For those unfamiliar with the game this means that you are restricted to playing one of five classes (with skills, perks and weapons preselected for you). You cannot level any custom classes, work towards prestige, or do any of the fun things assoicated with ranked play. I know you're thinking, so just play on ranked servers... right?

Introduce the BANE of the multiplayer experience - the Match Making Service. One word. LAG. Again. LAG!... LAAAAAAAAG! In two nights of game play probably 80-90% of games have been dominated by players complaining about the latency. What's the problem? With no dedicated servers one player is selected to host the game and with it come a host of problems indeed. The selection process begins by finding low latency groups for you to play with, if it fails to find one it tries a higher latency group, and so on, and so on until you're matched. For people in Australia (and I gather other regions without the US playerbase) this means you're automatically grouped with international servers) - there is no option to wait to be grouped with local players. Even if you are grouped with local players often the player selected simply doesn't have the capability required to be a stable host. This results in games where people simply teleport around, where clients are out of sync (stand behind a person, shoot, only to watch them being behind you knifing you in the replay) and with constant host migrations (where the game gives up on the host and tries to pick a different host - which often fails as well).

The other problem may just have to do with the player pool. If you don't like playing ranked TDM or TDM-Tags, good luck to you. There are just no local games for the other game types. In three days I have not managed to find a single local game of CTF. It's horrible.

So why did they avoid dedicated servers? To prevent cheating the developers say. Here we are *two days* later and the Modern Warfare 2 Aimbot/wall cheats have been modified to work with Modern Warfare 3 only now there is no way to track or ban the cheating players.

Giving the game a 2/10 for the single player campaign only. I cannot stress enough, if you are in Australia save your $99 and buy a different game.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Let me start by stating I am NOT a Battlefield fanboy. In fact, I couldn't care less for BF3 as of now, since I'm one of the thousands of Steam users boycotting EA's Origin. And I didn't enjoy Bad Company 2 either. That said, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a bad game in almost every aspect. I don't much care for the dated graphics: they still look rather acceptable and make for a smoothLet me start by stating I am NOT a Battlefield fanboy. In fact, I couldn't care less for BF3 as of now, since I'm one of the thousands of Steam users boycotting EA's Origin. And I didn't enjoy Bad Company 2 either. That said, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a bad game in almost every aspect. I don't much care for the dated graphics: they still look rather acceptable and make for a smooth experience on my also dated rig. Now to tthe actual game modes. The campaign manages to be shorter than MW2's (which is to say, it's REALLY short). If only it had a nice story like its predecessors, though, it would be a good campaign. It doesn't, and you get bored despite the epic scale the war raging around you has reached. It's all been done before, some missions are almost carbon copies of MW and MW2 ones. It's cliche-ridden, full of predictable "scenes" where your character barely survives (you get knocked down with a scripted explosion, some NPC helps you up, the camera tilts as if to show you're dizzy, then you're fully recovered and back on the frontlines). There are no real plot twists or anything memorable in this campaign whatsoever. I played on "veteran" difficulty and felt the AI was pretty good though. But it is in no way an actual challenge. Now for the multiplayer mode... this deserves a little background. When I bought MW2 upon launch, I hadn't read any previews about it. I just bought it because I was still hyped from COD4, which had an amazing campaign and awesome multiplayer. So I had no clue MW2 wouldn't be getting dedicated servers. I was in for a MAJOR disappointment. I was like "MATCHMAKING??? REALLY???" But the worst thing was, maps were terrible, felt like carousels with annoying players (a maximum 18 of them, to be precise) running around with no tactics or teamwork at all. TERRIBLE stuff. I only managed to endure a couple hours of it, and vowed never to buy a MW game again. But then it was announced MW3 would be getting dedicated servers again. Being fond of the campaign storyline as I was, and hoping the multiplayer would go back to what it was in 2007, I immediately broke my word and pre-purchased it. Then, just a few days before launch day, I read an article at GameSpy saying dedicated servers wouldn't be ranked (meaning you can't level up or unlock guns, items, etc on them) and once again, the player limit would be 18, which is utter garbage. If COD4 had 32 players (some DEDICATED servers allowed even more somehow), why can't we have those 4 years later? Maps also look and feel terrible. MW3's multiplayer is a BORING and frustrating experience. I cannot even understand how this game appeals so much to the masses. It's not entertaining at all. Also, with no leaning AGAIN, gameplay is horrible. Bottom line (multiplayer-wise) is, MW3 = MW2 with even worse maps. The only thing remotely good about this game is the Spec Ops mode, which doesn't even come close to making MW3 worth the 60 bucks I spent on it. This game should cost 10 USD, tops. No joke. I'll tell you what IS a joke though. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  17. KJK
    Nov 10, 2011
    A játék ismét ugyan azt nyújtja mint a MW2 csak lecserélték a pályákat és skineket a Single player meg szokott cod-os hangulat mész 1 kis ösvényen és lövöd az ellenségeket akikA játék ismét ugyan azt nyújtja mint a MW2 csak lecserélték a pályákat és skineket a Single player meg szokott cod-os hangulat mész 1 kis ösvényen és lövöd az ellenségeket akik csak úgy ŠExpand
  18. d0n
    Nov 10, 2011
    This game is MW2 re-skinned, all of the "Critics" reviews are nonsense, bought the game and the graphics are absolutely HORRIBLE for today's gaming standards, so is the animation and the sound (like tin cans tied to a car being dragged across the street).

Starting the game for the first time it asked me to readjust my graphics since last I ran MW2! never had MW2 installed before, WTF?!?!?, you may think I am lying but look at this picture http://imgur.com/Cgb80 and laugh with me.

This game is hype and just that, big fat ZERO for you, I would have given it 5 if that picture would have not added more insult to the injury.
  19. Cal
    Nov 10, 2011
    It is a shame this score system doesn't go into the minuses. This game is terrible, it is basically no more than an extremely expensive DLC pack to the last game, which in itself was an extremely expensive DLC pack to the original. Save your money for something worth buying.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Garbage.. Same thing every year, let's just keep gobbling it up, k? Don't worry we'll keep buying it bc our brains aren't numb enough yet. Here's hoping that they at least make a new graphics engine one of these years.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Short and boring shooting gallery of a campaign. No lessons learned from competitors where no wall or building is safe. Only minor tweaks from previous game in the series, nothing new (maybe a gun or two). Recycled and way overpriced as a full game, would have been better if it had been a $10 dlc instead.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    As expected this is just a copy from the last game with no real improvements to the Multiplayer. Singleplayer has some new stuff but if that were the game alone no one would buy it anyway. Seriously, let's get behind the FPS craze please.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    As an avid follower of this shooter I collected all but 'Black-Ops' on the PC.

I will conclude my 'Call of Duty' collection with this title, and really hope that this is the last we see of the series, as it appears a lot of loose ends were tied up from the previous 'Modern Warfare' games. Whilst I did enjoy the single-player and special operations mode, I realize there is very little in
    As an avid follower of this shooter I collected all but 'Black-Ops' on the PC.

Whilst I did enjoy the single-player and special operations mode, I realize there is very little in the way of any major game engine changes - a few sparkles here and there.
    I didn't expect much, and really was only keen on seeing how it all ended in the storyline... Yes, the gameplay could have been a bit longer though!

Overall, there were some good story telling ideas and strong character backgrounds. But in my opinion Activision should now look toward building a new franchise for 2012.
    Thank you and goodnight!
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    5 hour campaigns, shortest in modern gaming history and of all the CODs. The sounds, animations, even voice actors for most of the sounds for kill streaks are a straight copy paste from MW2 and COD4.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    Another year another CoD. Except this time the story isn't as good (which was one of MW2's best points) and the multiplayer feels the meh. I really loved making my emblems in Black Ops, and its disappointing to this feature not there.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    ACTIVISION, this is 8 years old game and you sell us like new one, why don't you invest in new engine with realistic shooting and beautiful graphics , mw3 is for 5 years old kids, what is the point with the stupid perks where is the realistic there, cm on people wake up
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Ultra recycled, how is this worth $60? Nothing new or interesting, what a load of crap. Multiplayer is a joke, the community is garbage and the graphics are worse than MW2. Seriously stay away.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is so overrated. Most of us played this in 2007 and they are selling the same 4 years ago and everyone buys it. The campaign is worse than the BF3 has (I liked BF3 singleplayer more). The story is like: us 3 ubersoldiers can win the WW3 without any problems. Its so unrealistic. I dont mean that water guns have more recoil than the ones in MW3 but the action is so absurd. Ofc BF3This game is so overrated. Most of us played this in 2007 and they are selling the same 4 years ago and everyone buys it. The campaign is worse than the BF3 has (I liked BF3 singleplayer more). The story is like: us 3 ubersoldiers can win the WW3 without any problems. Its so unrealistic. I dont mean that water guns have more recoil than the ones in MW3 but the action is so absurd. Ofc BF3 isnt real at all but at least less unreal than the MW3. Only improvement I saw (heard) is sounds. I dont blame graphic even that graphics. Even the menu is kept same.I dont like this game at all. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    The map design in multiplayer is worse than MW2 and arguably Black Ops, the game has devolved over it's 3 releases into charging around corners pre-firing SMGs or duel automatic pistols to win, the only changes from MW2 are really the new Support killstreak, other than that there is little to no innovation present in the mulitplayer, the single player is another tiresomely over the topThe map design in multiplayer is worse than MW2 and arguably Black Ops, the game has devolved over it's 3 releases into charging around corners pre-firing SMGs or duel automatic pistols to win, the only changes from MW2 are really the new Support killstreak, other than that there is little to no innovation present in the mulitplayer, the single player is another tiresomely over the top explosion fest where you are either on a mounted gun, in a car you're not driving or being dragged around by a guy with "follow" over their head.
    It's just 'another call of duty' and nother more.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehashed singleplayer. Rehashed multiplayer. Priced mappacks, God forbid they release a SDK so users would actually improve this game more than the devs ever could. 1/10, feeling generous today.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    On nous prend pour des imbéciles ou de simple vache à lait.MW3 est un copié collé de MW2 avec un relooking des armes et des perks.
    Ã
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 is basically a map pack for MW2. The graphics are worse than MW2, if not even worse than MW1, there are a few new maps and that's it. Other than that it's a carbon copy of MW1. You would think after lying to the public saying "We spent 1 full year" on this game that it would be better than this. The entire Modern Warfare game line has been derailed since MW2, but I wasn't sure if theyMW3 is basically a map pack for MW2. The graphics are worse than MW2, if not even worse than MW1, there are a few new maps and that's it. Other than that it's a carbon copy of MW1. You would think after lying to the public saying "We spent 1 full year" on this game that it would be better than this. The entire Modern Warfare game line has been derailed since MW2, but I wasn't sure if they could screw this series every further.

I haven't played a CoD game since MW2, and I don't plan on playing another one ever again. It's clear that the publishers/dev's don't care about the public, they don't listen to the public and they just want their money. At least give the game new features... From what I can see the only redeemable quality of MW3 is how you can edit your private game mods, rules etc... yet you cant gain XP on it, so it defeats the purpose.

The upsides to this game are minimal at best. I had a look a few things;

- Graphics
    - Storyline
    - Multiplayer
    - Stackable killstreaks
    - Community
    - Elite

All of which were disgusting.

Let's start with the graphics; The graphics are terrible. They obviously don't want to use a different graphic engine, so they just keep recycling the same crap over and over again. With the amount of money the Call of Duty franchise make they could either get people to code them one, or make one themselves. It shows that the company has no desire to change the game in any shape or form, and are only concerned with one thing; the green.

Onto the singleplayer storyline; The storyline was average at best. It had some ok set-peices, but the storyline is just beefed up by explosions every two seconds. The characters are really average, and you would think after the decline in MW2, they would make some better characters... obviously not.

Multiplayer; Absolutely disgusting. You would think after the amount of complaining people did about not having dedicated servers in MW2, they would add a simple dedicated server browser... nope... of course not, why would they want to make our gaming experience any good at all? Everything about the online is crap... especially for PC. Xbox/PS3 gamers are used to matchmaking lobbies but PC gamers are not. No point buying this for PC.

Stackable killstreaks; Terrible idea all together. Should not have been implemented. Way to easy to get good stuff. It's a bad system for new players who aren't that great at this game.

Community; Absolutely deplorable community. 90% of the community are more concerned about their KD rather than teamwork and unity. They care more about how many kills they get and whether or not they top the leaderboard. You try to get help, you get smashed by all these 13 year old children raging on mic. Not to mention the fact that everybody is hostile 24/7 on CoD...

Elite; A copy of Battelog. hey you would think that they would make Elite work for PC's... obviously not straight away, that would be too good wouldn't it? People go on about how they say "Battlelog and Battlefield are the same as MW3" when they're completely different all together.

All up, I give this game a 0/10. There are no redeemable qualities about this game, every time I try to find one, it gets cancelled out by another con. I really wish the publishers/dev's would read these reviews, because nearly all of them are saying the same thing... saying that the game needs work, and needs to STOP being a carbon copy.

I am a BF3 player, but before you go jumping on the "YOU'RE A BF3 FANBOY AHHAHA **** I went into this game assuming it would be bad, yes, but I gave it a chance. I sat and played it. Played it on multiplayer on PC, Xbox and gave it a chance. I didn't like it so I'm posting a review.

Also, attention to IGN. I don't understand why the **** you guys are still in business... Oh that's right, you get paid off by every company to talk up their game in pre-release, then as soon as it comes out you talk **** about it... as soon as something get's announced, you then proceed to talk it up again. You pathetic money hungry ****s. I come to Metacritic for my reviews, because they're unbiased people.

**** IGN and **** Activision.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    So another year comes around, and another re-hash of the tired and worn Call Of Duty Series is released. The same old and short campaign of... Run and shoot here... 50 explosions there... everything gets messy... and 90% of the squad you are with ends up dead. Multiplayer brings the same old experience, adding nothing new to the table, with the lackluster maps, and a couple of new perks,So another year comes around, and another re-hash of the tired and worn Call Of Duty Series is released. The same old and short campaign of... Run and shoot here... 50 explosions there... everything gets messy... and 90% of the squad you are with ends up dead. Multiplayer brings the same old experience, adding nothing new to the table, with the lackluster maps, and a couple of new perks, which aren't at all that exciting. As for the look of the game, nothing has changed since, nor does it stand out, which again dampens the experience (especially when comparing to the likes of other newly released games such as Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3). The only thing remotely enjoyable was the 'reinvented' Spec Op's mode, which is practically only enjoyable whilst playing with a friend. Experiencing the same mode through random joins i found myself to be doing most of the work, with many neglecting the focus of 'teamwork'. Yet as much as this was enjoyable, the mode becomes stale and repetitive (much like the franchise) very quickly. In hindsight, this game rates very poorly compared to other shooters available on the market today (both new and old). The game is stale and bland and short, whilst at the same time highlights the need for change, if the series wishes to survive and compete within future markets. Expand
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? THE SAME GAME?? **** this **** I've already played this kinds of game before, I'm not playing a COD game until they offer some NEW mechanics...
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Basicly just MW2. No huge improvements and nothing really innovative. Other than of course CoD Elite which fills the pockets of the developers/publishers. Sure it's optional but it is been praised to heaven like it is a technological breakthrough. Most of it already existed in Halo 3. The sound effects of the guns have improved which is nice. But other than that you get what you wouldBasicly just MW2. No huge improvements and nothing really innovative. Other than of course CoD Elite which fills the pockets of the developers/publishers. Sure it's optional but it is been praised to heaven like it is a technological breakthrough. Most of it already existed in Halo 3. The sound effects of the guns have improved which is nice. But other than that you get what you would expect from a Call of Duty game. After just reading that a MW3 developer begs for help to criticize the game with a better review score this game just got a 0 from me. This shows the true nature. Expand
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 = Modern Warfare 2.1a i mean come on honestly, the graphics are the same textures as mw2, it's not even using dx11. the singleplayer is boring, then again battlefield 3 singleplayer is boring too. but who buys a game mutliplayer fps to play single player? paying 60 dollars for what could have been a dlc is rage inducing. seriously activision, you could have justModern Warfare 3 = Modern Warfare 2.1a i mean come on honestly, the graphics are the same textures as mw2, it's not even using dx11. the singleplayer is boring, then again battlefield 3 singleplayer is boring too. but who buys a game mutliplayer fps to play single player? paying 60 dollars for what could have been a dlc is rage inducing. seriously activision, you could have just bundled up all the maps you have on mw3 and released for mw2 and nobody will be saying that you guys released a piece of crap game. Expand
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolute rubbish..They recycled buildings/sounds from cod4 and mw2 , the gamejust doesnt feel 'new'. And their biggest mistake is matchmaking for ranked matches.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Take MW2, slightly reskin the guns, mod a few maps, label it MW3 and sell it for $60? Sounds like a plan! Quite why anyone would pay money for this is beyond me.
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    I just made an account on Metacritic just to let you guys know how BAD this game is! Its unbelievable that people still actually buy and play this game. My friend is a huuuge CoD fan and he bought it first day it came out. He finished the single player and he said it SUCKED. After he finished the single player he played the online for like 10 hours and it was such a horrible experience forI just made an account on Metacritic just to let you guys know how BAD this game is! Its unbelievable that people still actually buy and play this game. My friend is a huuuge CoD fan and he bought it first day it came out. He finished the single player and he said it SUCKED. After he finished the single player he played the online for like 10 hours and it was such a horrible experience for him that he just didn't want the game anymore.

I borrowed it from him and I finished the single player and spent some time in the online multiplayer. OH MY GOD what an awful game this is.. Seriously if you want a good online shooter you could better buy Battlefield 3. This **** is the same graphics, engine and game play all over again.

The only reason I am scoring it a 1 and not a 0 is because the MW3 dev started crying and wanting people to rate this **** game positive on Twitter. It just shows how ignorant and naive those people are. Next time if you want people to give your game a positive ranking, you have to deliver a QUALITY game!
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Once a great PC game series turned into a pile of steaming dog **** for console users.

Money talks here and as long as they get theres they dont give a rats arse.

Spec Ops is good fun for aboput 5 hours and thats it.

Very dissapointing game but what can we expect from these retrards and that ugly peice of **** lisp talking mother **** Bowling go **** your self you ****

Have fun.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Literally one of the worst games ever made. I'm wondering how Activision didn't get tired of rehashing the same old content for 3 games now. Even worse, their CEO Bobby Kotick already stated they're working on a new title coming up sometime next year THE SAME DAY MW3 came out. The way I see it he realised what a terrible game MW3 is a bit too late. For me it's nothing but a "fresh"Literally one of the worst games ever made. I'm wondering how Activision didn't get tired of rehashing the same old content for 3 games now. Even worse, their CEO Bobby Kotick already stated they're working on a new title coming up sometime next year THE SAME DAY MW3 came out. The way I see it he realised what a terrible game MW3 is a bit too late. For me it's nothing but a "fresh" mappack. "Fresh" because they even used the same buildings and structures like in CoD4. In one sentence MW3 is a game with poor writing, generic gameplay and a campaign that lasts for 3 hours. 60$ down the drain I'd say. Expand
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    Slap on a new coat of paint and call it a sequel, thats CoD all over. Not much to add to what the majority of reviewers have been saying, but failing to rename anything in their excecutable ('MW2' errors) and recycling objects over and over just spells rehash. Avoid this title, it's an embarrasment to PC gamers.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    Every year the same crap with the same crappy graphics, it´s 2011 for gods sake. And the multiplayer, just lol, this wouldn´t be even 15 dollars worth if it was a DLC. Defenetly the last CoD game I bought. Sad but true
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    The multiplayer on the pc in terrible. You can only level playing in matchmaking? I can understand having the lobby system to make quick matching easier, but then why include a server browser? Fail.

Graphics are old and dated. It's on the level of World at War and Black Ops. Time to stop coming out yearly and make a new engine.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3? A new videogame? I was thinking that was a DLC of 70$. You will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible.
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    was very hyped for this and was so let down....same old cod, feels like modern warfare 2 DLC imo, yes this may be the "best" call of duty multiplayer but no improvements that i'm willing to fork out Ã
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is utter garbage. Chokepoints, linear progression and predictable AI make the single player doable in the deepest of sleep, and the multiplayer isn't much better. Plays like the ones that came before it, and didn't make any notable improvements. In fact, it got worse. I miss the days of BF2.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Charging 60 Euros for this is a disgrace: the graphics are outdated, the mechanics are the same with no notable addition, you are still forced to play P2P multiplayer, the maps are tiny and any extra ones will cost as well, while the singleplayer is short and, again, the SAME bloody thing we've seen over and over and over again. It's like the Developers did their best to release a new gameCharging 60 Euros for this is a disgrace: the graphics are outdated, the mechanics are the same with no notable addition, you are still forced to play P2P multiplayer, the maps are tiny and any extra ones will cost as well, while the singleplayer is short and, again, the SAME bloody thing we've seen over and over and over again. It's like the Developers did their best to release a new game while putting in the least amount of effort into it.

This is not a new tile, a new iteration or anything like that. This is, at best, a DLC for MW2 coming along with a Stas wipe.
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    It''s not that you can't have fun with this game, you can. The problem is that I already had fun with it for the last 5 years. The new class layout system and explosive damage reductions are welcome changes, but it's too little too late.

Much of what was included in this title should have been fixed in MW2 in the first place, but IW saw fit to ignore supporting their fans and let MW2 turn into a cesspool. MW3 balances a lot of things, though power weapons remain where being competitive relies on running the same set up as everyone else, leaving little variety in multiplayer game play unless you want to die a lot.

The cheating community appears to be as strong as ever. Having run in to an entire party of blatant cheaters in my first 2 lobbies. Along with that, there also appears to be a host hack already, allowing the user to force himself as host despite clearly not being the best pick. This is why the PC doesn't get any access to Elite, but it's not something that going to change anyway. If anything, they should give the PC players access to elite so it's easier to find and eliminate these players from the community.

That's not to say MW3 doesn't have any saving graces. The maps are much more well designed than previous titles. The unlock system is fine. The new classes where I can be more help without being a try hard are all welcome changes and are for the better. Unfortunately, it's not enough.

There's no innovation. Everything here has been seen before, often done much better. The sound in the game is absolute garbage compared to recent battlefield games. The engine is really showing its age graphically. If this was Modern Warfare 1, I would have said they struck the nail on the head. Unfortunately for IW and Activision, this title has simply confirmed that I will not be paying for the next CoD title set to be released November next year.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is nothing more than a small upgrade of the previous version. Lots have been reskinned and there is a decent single player story and a few new game modes for multiplayer.
    That would be fine if this was a 20$ish expansion, but you pay 59.99$ for this.
    So if you don
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    P2P multi agian after telling us that it would be dedi's for pc. Oh there are dedi's but no ranking, so no population. Craptastic rehash of MW2. Any one who rates this above say 2 is a console player. VAC agian so no way to rid the game of obvious hackers. I have 2000+ hours in MW2 and I will never ever buy another P2P game agian..... never! The developers should be sued forP2P multi agian after telling us that it would be dedi's for pc. Oh there are dedi's but no ranking, so no population. Craptastic rehash of MW2. Any one who rates this above say 2 is a console player. VAC agian so no way to rid the game of obvious hackers. I have 2000+ hours in MW2 and I will never ever buy another P2P game agian..... never! The developers should be sued for misleading the PC community about this title. Though the multiplayer netcode is still sweet,(that's why it gets a 1)( don't get me started on 3arcs lagtastic excuse for netcode) but no regional support for matchmaking forces players to play with people from all over the planet. This means some pretty high pings which in turn ruin the game. Also because its P2P agian, someone on in the Game is gonna be the KEanue Reeves and impossible to kill. The trend will end competitve PC gaming as we now know it. This game is a hackers paradise.....I call it Hacker Warfare 3.....save your money and support Dev's who actually listen to thier customers. No-one else on the planet could run a business by ignoring the feedback from thier customers, IW, sledgehammer, and activision have done the impossible. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    i reviewed the game a few mins ago and i accidentaly gave it a 10 since im new to the site so my bad .................................................................................................
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Same textures, same guns, same cramped levels... This is virtually identical to Modern Warfare 2, oh I mean Black Ops, oh I mean COD4... Madness to think they can repackage the same game with new maps for $60.
  54. Dec 14, 2011
    - No text chat or voice comms in SpecOps
    - No ranked dedicated servers
    - No massive changes to gameplay in multiplayer, just tweaks like an anual sports game. - The touted LAN requires a permanent internet connection...

+ Multiplayer maps more enjoyable than what's in MW2 (subjective)
    + Singleplayer is mindless fun
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, you are wasting your time and precious money with this unoriginal, content-devoid "sequel".
    Most people who this game is targeted towards already have the previous installments of the Call of Duty franchise. My suggestion to those poor souls would be to keep their games, they are not missing anything.
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    To start this is exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. I personally played the two a bit, but I didn't know this had came out, and came in to see my friend playing it. He hadn't played Cod for a while, so I asked "Hey, why are you playing COD?" He then went on to explain this is the "NEW!" one and how great it is. If I can't even tell the difference between one game and the otherTo start this is exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. I personally played the two a bit, but I didn't know this had came out, and came in to see my friend playing it. He hadn't played Cod for a while, so I asked "Hey, why are you playing COD?" He then went on to explain this is the "NEW!" one and how great it is. If I can't even tell the difference between one game and the other then is it a new game? Well technically yes, but really it's no. They might have well made a universal Call of Duty game that they can simply profit from map packs that they can hype all they want. Expand
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    i was a big fan of the call of duty series since i was a boy since there was always something suprising every time is came out and was a lot of fun, how ever i was very dissapointed in the modern warfare 3 as it pretty much copy and pasted the previous contents such as cinamatics, plots and twists.
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    After playing MW3 for a bit, i realized it's just a $60 map pack for the last game. not happy not happy at all! I suppose I shouldn't have expected much coming from someone who "didn't balance for lean" but really not to happy throwing money away. Also full well knowing they will probably release another 10 + map packs at $15 .
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    Not even on the same level as Black Ops. A complete disappointment. Looks like I'll be sticking with Black Ops and BF3 for another year. I feel deceived.
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    im suprised activision hasnt upgraded there graphics or engine its the same ol mw1-2 gameplay hacks gallore im sorry to say it but battlefield 3 is crushing this old engine even bc2 is beating this old engine, come on activision atleast use the black ops engine
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    Every review that gives above 0 to this game is an insult to every other game in history. This despicable garbage is the worst game i've ever played. Graphics are outdated severely, the plot is clichÃ
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    The sentence of ACTIVISION:

"Normally I do not do that, but if you like MW3 go to Metacritic.com and support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. His note is suspiciously low. Be honest, but help us if you agree."

MW2.1 is a joke!
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    Every Call of Duty since CoD4 has tried so hard to out-do its predecessor to the point where its made me look upon some of the greatest FPS games ever made, and think they are obselete. It has made me look at games in new ways, and think, "what is this game doing new, and if its not doing anything new, why play it?"

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like Counter Strike, CoD 4, and Halo 3, and now I dont even want to think about them.
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    Old game, old engine , outdated graphics, outdated sound, **** GAME, only stupid kids bye this game, wake up people save your money for something good
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    After seeing some single player footage months ago, i got so excited for MW3 that i pre-ordered it. I still think MW1 was one of the best shooters ever made, revolutionized FPS on so many levels. So MF3 is awesome right? W R O N G! Why? First off, i don't see what 'official' reviewers see... how can this garbage be rated so high? Makes me think they were bribed by Activision mafia. NothingAfter seeing some single player footage months ago, i got so excited for MW3 that i pre-ordered it. I still think MW1 was one of the best shooters ever made, revolutionized FPS on so many levels. So MF3 is awesome right? W R O N G! Why? First off, i don't see what 'official' reviewers see... how can this garbage be rated so high? Makes me think they were bribed by Activision mafia. Nothing has changed in 4 years!!! Same ol' graphics, campaign is boring and predictable and after playing BF3, multiplayer is is just me'h. Again, everything looks and feels the same as each annual version since 2007. so disappointed i spent 60 bucks, will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy CoD again, i don't care what they do. BF3 isn't perfect by any means, but i'm ENJOYING it and that's what i PAID for. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    There's so much with this game that's flat out wrong I don't know where to begin.

First off, there's the normal copy/paste aspect, but that's been said so many times before, I think most people get it. But it gets worse. Several things that were once exploits, such as quick scoping, were not only intentionally put back into the game, but buffed to a ludicrous level. Back during XP, they boasted that commando pro was being removed..well, they removed the perk, and built it in as a default (not to mention the blink-of-an-eye insta knifing just is wrong on so many levels.)

Then there's the maps themselves. Back during previous games, they at least had some balance between open-ish maps and tight city maps. Well, this time, it's exclusively cramped city maps where multiplayer is pretty much reduced to running laps around the map. Very tiresome, very quickly. Combine this with poor sound design and a campaign that is completely laughable as it is short (I admit, that IS a good thing with how horrid the story is), and you get a game that is not worth a $60 price tag, nor is it worth the title 'The Most Anticipated Game in History'.
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    The most expensive map pack ever, or maybe not even a map pack as they have copied and pasted even some buildings in the game. It's just the same MW or MW2 we saw some years ago, but this time it have a smaller FOV what make the game horrible beyond measure. Only the blind fanboys from MW series will say that this **** worth paying it's price. Don't buy this pile of trash.
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    I couldn't get this game to work on my brotactular Macbook Pro (or as I call it my Macbook Bro). Obviously IW didn't optimize this game for such a brotactular system and thus they cannot receive my Seal of Broproval. Total letdown bros.
  69. Nov 12, 2011
    A complete disappointment. Nothing has changed. Another addition to the MW2 .
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    The graphics are old and dated, it's more like a map pack than a new game. The peer-to-peer for multi-player ranked servers has got to go!!! If the developer had allowed for ranked dedicated servers (even if it was limited to just the rented servers like BF3), then I would have scored this game much, much higher. I did think some of the game modes were unique and fun, like Team DefenderThe graphics are old and dated, it's more like a map pack than a new game. The peer-to-peer for multi-player ranked servers has got to go!!! If the developer had allowed for ranked dedicated servers (even if it was limited to just the rented servers like BF3), then I would have scored this game much, much higher. I did think some of the game modes were unique and fun, like Team Defender and Kill Confirmed, but not all of those modes can be hard core. Expand
  71. Nov 12, 2011
    As a cod fan i can't express how disappointing this game is.I play on pc and again iw have shafted us with there crappy iwnet, peer to peer is for consoles.I'd also add that graphically this game is 4 years out of date but then it was made for the xbox and that is 5+years old games like this should be made for the pc first then dumbed down for the console take BF3 as an example i'm no bigAs a cod fan i can't express how disappointing this game is.I play on pc and again iw have shafted us with there crappy iwnet, peer to peer is for consoles.I'd also add that graphically this game is 4 years out of date but then it was made for the xbox and that is 5+years old games like this should be made for the pc first then dumbed down for the console take BF3 as an example i'm no big fan of the battlefield series but graphically it blows mw3 out of the water and i'd have to say that the multiplayer aspect is so much better than mw3.MW3 is just a lazy development by iw there is no imagination and it is just a re skinned mw2.Can't comment on the single player because i don't buy games for the single player Expand
  72. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I live in Russia. you should look at it! Advertizing in russian language, but itself game only in other language. The answer from support: Hello Roman, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. As the storefront shows, the only support languages are: Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French
    By the way, Russian words in graffity is all obscene! =) how i can money back??
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different toAn absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different to previous games at all. Expand
  74. Nov 12, 2011
    Infinity Ward should come up with something new in Call of Duty series and not just pack the old game in the new box and sell it as sequel and sell it for ridiculous high price.
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    Absolute garbage. Same **** over and over again. No improvements in any areas, in fact worse on pc, no innovation and no effort. A blatant cash grab. My biggest concern is that talented developers will take note of activisions financial success here, and just spew out bland, repetitive games year after year as activisions seem to do well out of it. Do not buy this, youll be doing the wholeAbsolute garbage. Same **** over and over again. No improvements in any areas, in fact worse on pc, no innovation and no effort. A blatant cash grab. My biggest concern is that talented developers will take note of activisions financial success here, and just spew out bland, repetitive games year after year as activisions seem to do well out of it. Do not buy this, youll be doing the whole industry a favour. Expand
  76. Nov 13, 2011
    I remember playing this game in 2007, but I think it was called COD4. This games formula is staid to say the least, but I have to wonder what it might have really been like if Infinity Ward hadn't imploded. Oh, and it is a 0 because I don't think a map pack should cost $60.
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    Yikes!!! What happened to the Call of Duty I used to love? This game honestly should be called Modern Warfare 2.5!!!! You can see a lot of ctrl C and ctrl V on this release. I've been a supporter of Call of Duty since the very first release, and I have to say, it's such a shame what the CoD franchise has turned into. I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it just seems like theyYikes!!! What happened to the Call of Duty I used to love? This game honestly should be called Modern Warfare 2.5!!!! You can see a lot of ctrl C and ctrl V on this release. I've been a supporter of Call of Duty since the very first release, and I have to say, it's such a shame what the CoD franchise has turned into. I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it just seems like they lost their edge on the last three releases. If you really need a good fix, try Battlefield 3. This just isn't right, when what you're paying for can easily be titled as a map pack for MW2. Expand
  78. Nov 13, 2011
    MW3, well to review this game you could have just played MW2 its exactly the same with a few minor changes. I've played a lot of cod over the years since cod 4, about 80 days worth so i know and love cod especially the multilayer, ive maxed out prestige in all the games since cod 4. MW3 is exactly the same as MW2 same game engine, same graphics, same sounds, same guns, with a few new addedMW3, well to review this game you could have just played MW2 its exactly the same with a few minor changes. I've played a lot of cod over the years since cod 4, about 80 days worth so i know and love cod especially the multilayer, ive maxed out prestige in all the games since cod 4. MW3 is exactly the same as MW2 same game engine, same graphics, same sounds, same guns, with a few new added little perks and what not but it just seems that they have put absolutely no effort in game development over the past 2 years, with such a big market share and big budgets you would think they would produce something new and innovative to liven up the cod series but they haven't its the same as MW2. Its still fun though and if you liked MW2 you will like MW3, prestige in this game is said to have greater rewards which is something ive always wanted, but i wont be playing this game, something unusual for me as ive played every other cod game to death but its just the same game repackaged every year. go buy cod 4 instead. im gonna go play skyrim. Expand
  79. Nov 13, 2011
    First off, i want to say that this is not a BAD game, its actually alright. but theres one big flaw in both the multiplayer and most of the singleplayer, i have played it before.
    call of duty has had a reputation for having the most action packed FPS games out, upgrading and outclassing with every new title. only problem is that this game is exactly the same as its predecessor, MW2. its plain lazy how little they have done. and for some reason the gameplay feels stiff and unbalanced, its just not right.
    theres something not right about MW3, and all the extremely positive reviews saying otherwise are just pandering to the now ONLY age group of 13 year old buys who rate a game by how many bullets they can shoot.
    one last thing : i am devostated that they pulled the same stunt with the P2P system. being from a small town this has made my online gaming experience terrible. taking 10 miniutes to access a game of hardcore TDM is not how MW is supposed to be.
    disapoined. bring back treyarch.
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    If this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objectsIf this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objects from mw 1 and put them into campaign in mw3. They did almost none improvement to weapons sound, since they all sound almost the same and very unusual and yeh a bad port from consoles since FOV is very low, beacuse of which I couldnt play the game very long, since it is very annoying to me, but I really dont care since the game is boring to me and I will probably never play it again.
    However gameplay Is smooth,fast paced and everything , but paying 60â
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    I'm playing COD since COD 1. I share the opinion of many before that COD is geting more and more bad. Only look at the graphik and level design in the mp and than compare to BF 3, who are interested in creating a really great graphik with great levels. There are worlds between it. Try to sniper in the little maps of COD. Its nearly impossible. Than the spawn system. Just stay for no 10I'm playing COD since COD 1. I share the opinion of many before that COD is geting more and more bad. Only look at the graphik and level design in the mp and than compare to BF 3, who are interested in creating a really great graphik with great levels. There are worlds between it. Try to sniper in the little maps of COD. Its nearly impossible. Than the spawn system. Just stay for no 10 sek somewhere. I swear you'l be knifed by someone who spawns beside you. Its no playing, its nothing more than dying-spawning, dying-spawning.....and clearly, it's programmed, because the maps are big as a little shoe-box. Than dedis, but not ranket. What the hell is this ?? Let the player decide . . bla bla bla ... It really makes no fun for me any more. It's the last COD I've byed . Sorry... Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    I have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totallyI have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totally bland sp in just over 4 hours.... Wtf? Okay, I was feling rather let down at this point so I fired up mp. After checking to make sure my graphics didn't accidentally get set to low, I realized the game looked like MW2, but not as good. Yes, I started up MW2 to check. I played for 2 days trying out the game modes and have come to the conclusion that I have been suckered. If they would have just patched MW2, and offered a map pack, it would have been better. I feel dirty. I am certain that I will make more stupid mistakes in life, but buying another MW title will not be one of them. Expand
  83. Nov 13, 2011
    I ahve been a CoD player for year, and this is the worst attempt at a money grab I have ever seen. I already own this game x2 in the form of mw1 and mw2. The sounds are putrid, graphics old, stale, and lacking any colors. I have buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe after buying this game. It really is just DLC for mw2. Whats worse... they are going to sell you the old maps fromI ahve been a CoD player for year, and this is the worst attempt at a money grab I have ever seen. I already own this game x2 in the form of mw1 and mw2. The sounds are putrid, graphics old, stale, and lacking any colors. I have buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe after buying this game. It really is just DLC for mw2. Whats worse... they are going to sell you the old maps from mw2 and mw1 as DLC... raping you again. GG activision/IW/Sledge, you are truly con artists. I am not a bf3 fanboy either. I havent ever played bf until now. At least they are really developing a game and not cloning. Expand
  84. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is mediocre at best, running on the same engine as the previous 3 Call of Duty games and failing to bring anything new or innovative to the table. To top it off, the game has terrible multiplayer balance issues. Essentially, it is Modern Warfare 2.5.
    If you're bored and want a fast-paced run-and-gun non-tactical shooter to just play around in, MW3 is fine.
    Modern Warfare
    Modern Warfare 3? More like Money Wasted 3.
  85. Nov 13, 2011
    wow....how much are these "professional" review companies getting paid to give this game such a high score. MW3 is complete crap. It's a $60 map pack.....AGAIN. Graphics are very cartoon like (not like TF2, but that was the point of TF2). Gun sounds are horrible, maps are slightly bigger than nuketown in COD:BO. Plain and simple, its a bad game and they need to make some seriouswow....how much are these "professional" review companies getting paid to give this game such a high score. MW3 is complete crap. It's a $60 map pack.....AGAIN. Graphics are very cartoon like (not like TF2, but that was the point of TF2). Gun sounds are horrible, maps are slightly bigger than nuketown in COD:BO. Plain and simple, its a bad game and they need to make some serious changes before MW2.2... I mean MW4 Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    an ok game, but just a re-hash of Mw2, dont see how they justfy the $60 outlay. this is rubbish. Bf3 has it faults many of them but this is maddness. yet stupid people will continue to purchase this crap over and over.
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is a PC game that fails on a technical level. The game lacks some of the features of its predecessor Black Ops. Namely a FoV (field of view) slider and (ranked) dedicated servers.
    The low FoV in particular makes the game barely playable. It also makes the game look like a cheap console port. Cheap in the sense that no effort seems to have been put into it. Ironic then, that this game is one of the most expensive PC titles on the market.

This issue is so major that it undermines every aspect of the game. Yet is so easily fixed, at least from a layman's perspective, that MW3 PC looks like the ultimate, laziest money grab.
    I'm sorry to see that IW has not mended, what is often called, the consolitis that has afflicted Call Of Duty. Treyarch's Black Ops was a commendable effort as a PC game, and it seems like a crying shame that IW stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the progress their perceived rival has made. Their Laisser faire attitude has cost them the CoD crown already, now it seems only a matter of time before gamers taste in games will cost them their dollars. PC gamers, always a step ahead, are now put into a position where buying MW3 seems like a bad idea. And if they did, writing a glaring review on sites such as Metacritic as a sorts of refund, or payback, seems only fair.
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not even sure why I buy this franchise, perhaps its the hope that they will deliver on their promise, or their hype. Yet another re-hash of the same on-rails single player game. Ok so this time they give us dedicated servers, but this time, you can't rank up on dedis. You have to use the same lame peering system as MW2. Activision and IW turned their backs on PC players after COD4 andI am not even sure why I buy this franchise, perhaps its the hope that they will deliver on their promise, or their hype. Yet another re-hash of the same on-rails single player game. Ok so this time they give us dedicated servers, but this time, you can't rank up on dedis. You have to use the same lame peering system as MW2. Activision and IW turned their backs on PC players after COD4 and this is just goes to prove their commitment to that decision. This is not a full game relase this is Modern Warfare episode 4, and as such should be priced way lower. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    Not bad, the single player is really good, i enjoyed it a lot. Multiplayer is as always addictive, and the new survival mode is fun to play as well. There are also 16 spec ops missions for 2 players which is nice.
    Would have given a 9 if there was an option to change field of view which is terrible.
  90. Jun 19, 2013
    I went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops hadI went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops had a lot of promise, I really enjoyed it in MW2. Unfortunately it is done very poorly in MW3. Again, there are no memorable missions, and the missions themselves basically require you to play with a partner. Add that to the fact that CoD matchmaking and latency is god awful, and you have a terrible experience. Survival mode was a good idea, but again, the matchmaking system completely ruins it. I'm not even going to talk about Multiplayer because we all know that it has always been completely broken garbage. I have played every single CoD game (dating back to the PC exclusive original) and I can honestly say that MW3 is the worst. Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    CoD seems to be stagnated on time. After the great CoD MW (2007) this game have been stuck in a loop of of copies of itself without bring anything new if not minor changes wich could simply be sold as dlc. overexpensive, graphics are outdated, storyline the same old thing and multiplayer barely changed since 2007. If you want a good multiplayer and campaign, save some money and buy Call ofCoD seems to be stagnated on time. After the great CoD MW (2007) this game have been stuck in a loop of of copies of itself without bring anything new if not minor changes wich could simply be sold as dlc. overexpensive, graphics are outdated, storyline the same old thing and multiplayer barely changed since 2007. If you want a good multiplayer and campaign, save some money and buy Call of Duty 6 modern warfare, its better and cheaper! Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in this game. Why? Because there is so little change in the game since MW2. Paying for brand new game, which isn't cheap, and this is what I get? Stupid. I'd like my money back.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    Unhappy with the lack of maps (same maps as Black Ops...) and extremely unhappy about the lagginess and hacking going on in Multiplay. Seriously you havent figured out how to combat cheating yet??
    Single player was a bore. Stopped playing 1/3 of the way through. Unenchanted by the franchise. I feel I wasted my money. Pretty graphics cant sell a game anymore, you must have content!

94. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just a repacked retweaked version of modern warfare 2 it feels like I am playing the exact same game. Infinity ward made absolutely no innovations to the COD series, and I bet that they won't next year when another calladooky comes out, it has so much hype and it so much suck's.save your money for battlefield 3 now that's a real first person shooter game.
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    I like MW1 and MW2 , I like the black ops too but MW3 the like a DLC of MW2. Nothing new, The sounds of guns is very bad like a toys. Graphics are the same of MW2
    Singleplayer have numerous times with borring moments.
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    ok, seriously activision... I personally USED to like the CoD series, but now it became utter crap. I don't get why it made millions and millions, but i mean, like everyone says... Its a map pack. Everything is the same... engine, graphics, with athe addition of some killstreaks. Then, i can't even get to the worse part. They make no effort to stop hacking... The game is releashed BOOMok, seriously activision... I personally USED to like the CoD series, but now it became utter crap. I don't get why it made millions and millions, but i mean, like everyone says... Its a map pack. Everything is the same... engine, graphics, with athe addition of some killstreaks. Then, i can't even get to the worse part. They make no effort to stop hacking... The game is releashed BOOM tons of hackers.... every game. No one attempts to fix the bugs, lag... anything on the pc version. I don't even know why i'm giving this game a 2, i think it's just sad how activision is pleading for everyone to raise the score that's currently sitting at 1.9. Everything is boring, the multiplayer, singleplayer, broken game... The only reason this game actually has a score of 1 is because of thefanboys that give this game a 10/10...I wish my friend sent mw Bf3 instead... Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    I like the dedi servers in cod4 and i like the ks and how smooth its in mw2. When mw3 was coming out, i thot its gonna be the best of mw series -- dedi servers(ranked like its in cod4) plus good mp experience. BUT when i got into mw3 mp game, i found that its not wat its supposed to be! Developers didnt hear wat the community were talking about. P2P system sucks all the time! Lag andI like the dedi servers in cod4 and i like the ks and how smooth its in mw2. When mw3 was coming out, i thot its gonna be the best of mw series -- dedi servers(ranked like its in cod4) plus good mp experience. BUT when i got into mw3 mp game, i found that its not wat its supposed to be! Developers didnt hear wat the community were talking about. P2P system sucks all the time! Lag and stutter are worse in mw3! If IW and Sledgehammer want their game to be long life and have good sales on their DLCs, they must fix this! Expand
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    Having played through all the aspects of MW3 now I can safely say that the game isn't completely what I expected from it. Ever since the game went towards consoles as its main focus (I'd say the turningpoint was post-CoD 4) I have had a certain amount of dissapointment whenever I played through a new call of duty. In this installment there seem to be alot of small things that add up to aHaving played through all the aspects of MW3 now I can safely say that the game isn't completely what I expected from it. Ever since the game went towards consoles as its main focus (I'd say the turningpoint was post-CoD 4) I have had a certain amount of dissapointment whenever I played through a new call of duty. In this installment there seem to be alot of small things that add up to a very flawed game. Don't get me wrong, I liked the campaign (even though it took me only roughly 4 hours to complete it, which is in all honesty very, very short). And i'm having a blast in some parts of the multiplayer. The specialist streak is fun, and i'm very happy sniping is back to the way it was pre-blackops. That's basicly what I have to say about the good stuff. On to the bad stuff, with a focus on the multiplayer part of the game.

The first multiplayer thing I tried out was the Survival coop. In the very first game I played something went wrong with the game's netcode and me and my partner got desynced, causing very strange (a bit funny) behaviour. This has happened quite often again, and it's ruining the coop experience. Hope this gets fixed asap.

The online multiplayer, here we go, commence the ranting:
    - The maps are too small, too cluttered and too dense. When you create a weapon balance without stopping power that relies on all weapons killing extremely fast, you should not have very small maps where you spawn on top of each other. When you are playing well defending an objective and you can get attacked from 4 diffrent angles due to faulty spawns and insane killspeeds, this takes away a large part of the skill ceiling, keeping it very low. Bad players can just spawn behind a good player and kill him with no chance to retaliate. This is bad, and very counter-intuitive for competitive gameplay.
    - weapon balance is off, but this is to be excpected. I won't drag the rating down because of this, we'll have to see how fast IW responds with patches.
    - The titles and emblems are (like alot of other things in the game) copies and pastes of the previous MW installment. In many cases the emblems even correspond the same old challenges from before. This comes over as very cheap and lazy. It can't be very difficult or costly to have a few artists spend some days creating new art, achievements and challenges.
    - IWNET. On the PC, as much as they would like for this to work, it really, really doesn' t do it. Latencies are terrible, even with good connections. Wait times are enormous. (1 minute after every game, searching takes up to 5 minutes, etc...). This was the only thing Blackops did right in my opinion. Dedicated servers, like the unranked ones, are the only true solution for a PC platform. Oh, and using "piracy, anti-cheat and rank hacking" as excuses for using IWnet are garbage. It is possible to change the rate at which you gain XP simply by editting a TEXT file on the CLIENT side. So if you really wanted to put in an effort to reduce these things, you would have. Making sad excuses is not going to convince the intelligent people amongst the gaming populace.
    - There are more, smaller more detailed flaws, but for the sake of legibility of this comment-review I will not go into them. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more ;)

All in all it's certainly not a bad game. The biggest problem is that it looks, plays, sounds and acts like someone just took the work of the previous IW team, MW2, fiddled around with it a bit, added some things here and there, broke some things here and there and then released it to the public as a new game. As i said before, it all looks a little "cheap".

I hope the people from IW/Sledgehammer read this review and realise that it's not yet too late to fix a number of issues, and to listen to the community and not wait until the next MW installment to fix general problems. The metacritic scores given here, while drastic, do reflect a general gamers concensus about this game. Talk to us, listen to us and who knows, maybe you can go back to creating the game that COD used to be in the COD 2/ COD 4 days.

Banorac.
  99. Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think this game deserves any good reviews at all. It's quite simple; they are trying to sell you a game engine from 2007 (which was launched with CoD4) all over again. They haven't done anything about the textures, the game is locked at 55 FOV which makes people literally SICK when playing, the same hacks from MW2 works on MW3 from day 1 as well. On top of that the PC won't beI don't think this game deserves any good reviews at all. It's quite simple; they are trying to sell you a game engine from 2007 (which was launched with CoD4) all over again. They haven't done anything about the textures, the game is locked at 55 FOV which makes people literally SICK when playing, the same hacks from MW2 works on MW3 from day 1 as well. On top of that the PC won't be getting the CoD Elite as promised. Just another proof that they do not give two **** about the PC community which helped them get to where they are. As a plus I'll add that I haven't experienced any game crashes yet, which is always a plus. But if you are spending money on a single video game this year - don't make this one a mistake you'll regret. Expand
  100. Nov 20, 2011
    I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters.I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters. Only thing I'm content with about this game is that it is finally over. The series was wrapped up as sloppy as possible but at the very least the story was concluded. As for the multiplayer aspect of this game, on PC it is beyond horrendous. There are dedicated servers which is a step up from Modern Warfare 2 but they are unranked. Meaning that you can't level as you would a ranked matched game. So it takes out the whole point of playing on a dedicated server unless you want to get away from the hackers. Oh boy there are a lot of hackers in this game. 7 out of 10 games feature at least 3-4 hackers. Ranging from wall hacks to aim bots even rank hacks. How could someone prestige to the 10th tier if the game has been barely out a month? What's even more disappointing is the ranked matches are horrible done. If your host you most certainly get the jump on everyone and have the higher score at the end of the round. Assuming of course the match isn't filled with hackers.

Overall this game is somewhat mediocre. No innovations and not even better graphics. Same engine and same gameplay. It is the last MW3 in the saga and thank goodness for that.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012