Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.5

1. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt forDisappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt for MW1/BO instead. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise itMan, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't believe the bad reviews this game is getting. This is my first modern warfare game I have played at it is awesome. Perhaps it might be similar to other modern warfare games which I have not played but to a first time player it is unreal! 10 out of 10
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    activision has no respect for the pc gaming community so I will not respect them with a good score.
    Game itself is just mw2.5 full of hackers day one they are not stopping them they don't care about us they just want money so once you buy it.. well... GG
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    Waste of my money. I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 because I had already invested in an upgraded video card and wanted more games to play on it. The game simply isn't as engaging as other FPSs on the market, and it is buggy as hell. Basically just a new map pack with no replay value.
  6. Nov 12, 2011
    Decent game, have both bf3 and mw3. Switch between the two when i get bored of it. Overall I enjoyed both games equally. Although I love battlefields ,multilayer more its a nice change to switch to mw3 once in awhile.
  7. Nov 12, 2011
    Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new.Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new. Everything is just the same, they just make these games for money seriously... Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply put.
    There was an unfinished storyline from MW2.
    At first, everyone was excited for the future events of that storyline. "what happened to soap and price?!" "where the hell is Makarov" and now everyone complains because its more of the same?! i don't see people going mad when a writer tells a single story in 3 or even 9 seperate books. what? maybe they should consider changing the
    Simply put.
    There was an unfinished storyline from MW2.
    At first, everyone was excited for the future events of that storyline.
    "what happened to soap and price?!" "where the hell is Makarov"
    and now everyone complains because its more of the same?!
    i don't see people going mad when a writer tells a single story in 3 or even 9 seperate books. what? maybe they should consider changing the typography! from 'times new roman' to 'comic sams'.
    This is like the weather debate syndrome, people are never happy about it.
    Graphically the game is impeccable not to mention the sound and gameplay.
    Of course there's always room for some improvements.
    Sometimes i wonder if any developers should ever listen to all the noisy begging around the game.
    Congratulations Activision for another great product.
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    Ok first off this game is riddled with hacks. Second game I was in had an aimbotter in it. 54 and 5 spinning in circles. So by far BF3 beats this game hands down. BF3 isn't perfect but it doesn't have sardine can sized maps with everyone running around with an SMG with steady aim never aiming down the sights at all even across the map. At least you don't have the over powered perks andOk first off this game is riddled with hacks. Second game I was in had an aimbotter in it. 54 and 5 spinning in circles. So by far BF3 beats this game hands down. BF3 isn't perfect but it doesn't have sardine can sized maps with everyone running around with an SMG with steady aim never aiming down the sights at all even across the map. At least you don't have the over powered perks and stuff to worry about in BF3. If you call me a BF fanboy I can tell you this I own EVERY CoD on PC and this is by FAR the worst game to date. The only fun I had was playing on a gun game dedicated server because I didn't have to worry about lag and a bad host with a 56k modem. Simply because IWNET wasn't fixed to work with the better hosts. After getting hacked to death we have the problem of guns with bigger calibers hitting twice as many times as a guy that killed me. I die to 2 shots from an smg with 45 caliber or 9 mm when I am using bigger guns like 7.62 assault rifles and lmgs hitting people 5-10 times in the chest. Or I get shot in the killcam in the knees and it counts as a head shot? No way. Pretty much the hit detection is **** at best. I will stick with a game series thats actually trying to push the gaming industry instead of catering to the least common denominator aka consoles.

Not to mention the head of Sledgehammer games is begging for better user scores when they aren't warranted. If you want better scores make a better game. Then we wouldn't have this problem.
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    Soulless cash grab from a company that has had nothing but contempt for their audience since the removal of dedicated servers for 2. They would have been better off just sticking a sticker on 2 and attempting to resell it.
  11. Nov 12, 2011
    Just as i wanted it to be. A buffed up version of mw2. Sure they could use ranked dedis aswell. But i do prefer lobby system over dedis since im a casual gamer. Graphics are ok imo. I didnt want to buy a brand new computer for this game. My old rig runs it flawlessly. The gameplay is awesome. Run and gun is just in my taste. Perks are more balanced and no overpowered grenade launchers thisJust as i wanted it to be. A buffed up version of mw2. Sure they could use ranked dedis aswell. But i do prefer lobby system over dedis since im a casual gamer. Graphics are ok imo. I didnt want to buy a brand new computer for this game. My old rig runs it flawlessly. The gameplay is awesome. Run and gun is just in my taste. Perks are more balanced and no overpowered grenade launchers this time around. Co op is suprisingly fun with friends. I will enjoy this game for hundreds of hours. And hopefully the coming dlcs will include some larger maps Expand
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is the same as junk food is to proper cuisine. This game is fun for a quick fix but has so many negatives that makes it only worthy as a bargain bin purchase.
    Tons of game modes which is nice but the pc version is very lackluster. Did Activision pay money for all the CRITIC REVIEWS - did the Critic Reviewers even play the game - they are so inaccurate.
    Peer-to-peer for
    Peer-to-peer for multiplayer on PC, no ranks on local servers? very ugly game textures, subpar controls? and the field of vision game me a terrible headache. Come on a 60 degree field of vision?
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with some of the criticism offered by some users. Yes, MW3 doesn't feel like a new game: it's more like an expansion pack for MW2. Yes, the graphics don't look that great for a game released in 2011. Yes, the gameplay is not innovative, but this is not necessarily a bad thing: both MW2 and its carbon copy MW3 have great gameplay. I have only 2 issues with MW3: 1) US$ 60 for a MW2 expansion pack (i.e., MW3) is a rip-off, and 2) despite of my system configuration (I7-2600, GTX-580, 8GB RAM, Creative Labs Titanium discrete audio card, 25Mbps/25Mbps broadband), the game lags too much when I happen to be the host (MW2 had the same problem due to P2P). These are the only 2 reasons for me to give it a 7 out of 10. Another thing: If IW ever releases a paid Elite service for PC, just pass - it's not worth 50 bucks. Expand
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    I can smell developer's attitude from this, horrible FOV, lots of old assets, sounds etc. and the same old stupid P2P-style ranked games. I mean Black Ops wasn't bad, this really feels like a downgrade from it.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    The game is as ugly as Robert Koticks soul. It's actually insulting, what little effort was put in. I say to Robert, stop abusing the stupidity of the public and let this cash cow die.
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    If you like Call Of Duty, You will like Modern Warfare 3. If you don't like Call Of Duty, You will HATE Modern Warfare 3. I don't like Call Of Duty.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    I haven't purchased a CoD game since CoD4. I decided to put aside my biases and pick up "the most anticipated game ever". This was a big damn mistake. This game is so overrated it is sickening. CoD4 is great; the campaign and multiplayer are some of the best there is. I have no idea what has happened over the last few years but this game has completely gone down hill. The campaign isI haven't purchased a CoD game since CoD4. I decided to put aside my biases and pick up "the most anticipated game ever". This was a big damn mistake. This game is so overrated it is sickening. CoD4 is great; the campaign and multiplayer are some of the best there is. I have no idea what has happened over the last few years but this game has completely gone down hill. The campaign is mediocre. Sure, there are explosions everywhere but I never found it fun. The multiplayer is utter garbage. Peer-to-peer is worse than I could have imagined. There is such horrible lag and cheaters are already here. Do yourself a favor and keep away from this one. Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2011
    Just another cash in of a tired old franchise. Re-releasing a video game every year and making millions is just a slap in the face to real developers who actually take the time to make a decent video game, with a good engine, great online, and a good story.
  19. Nov 12, 2011
    Call of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade paraCall of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade para mostrar.) e é claro que a Activition apostou na força que o titulo tem sobre os varios fans que o Call of Duty possui, principalmente nos console. Expand
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    This will be the last Call of Duty game I will ever buy. Modern Warfare 2 were great on Xbox 360. Black Ops were great with dedicated servers. Then Infinity Wards decides to go back in time, and re-use peer 2 peer so people can cheat, and have massive **** lag. If you are looking for a competitive game, look for any game than this. Hopefully I wont get fooled again next year.
  21. Nov 12, 2011
    I love COD im a fanboy. But to release a game like this is a joke. I'm prestige 15 in blackops and play it all the time. The idea that there are no dedicated ranked servers make this game a steaming pile of crap. I'll never play this game again. Waste of money and time. I won't play the next cod unless they have dedicated servers. Terrible terrible game. Absolutely Terrible.
  22. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm really surprised by the onslaught of negative reviews, I loved this game. I feel they took almost everything good from the last few games and brought them together. Online play is fantastic, I'm disappointing in no ranks for the server list. I downloaded BF3 When it first came out to see if i wanted to buy it, played through single player once in like 6 hours and then put in two hoursI'm really surprised by the onslaught of negative reviews, I loved this game. I feel they took almost everything good from the last few games and brought them together. Online play is fantastic, I'm disappointing in no ranks for the server list. I downloaded BF3 When it first came out to see if i wanted to buy it, played through single player once in like 6 hours and then put in two hours on line and deleted it, Downloaded MW3 and played multilayer and bought the game. Iv now put in somewhere like 16 hours online and still love it. Both games are good, Id only put BF3 at an 6 or 7 but they are different games. Plus! Big fail for BF3 that its non steam and has Origin. Expand
  23. Nov 12, 2011
    Why waste $60 on a game, that is nearly identical multiplayer-wise to its past title mw2?

Same GUI, some guns have the same recycled animations.

The only difference, i see, is some better looking water.
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    So disappointed in the game. Infinity ward screwed up bad. Black ops was a great game so i had hopes that Infinity ward would have learned a thing from treyarch but they didnt. I want my money back.
  25. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is a slap in the face to PC gamers. Even as a hardcore COD fan, having purchased all previous titles, this game is nothing but a let down. Activision has stepped backwards with the removal of dedicated ranked servers. Along with this horrible decision the PC version does look better than the console; however, there is virtually no evidence of any effort put into this game toThis game is a slap in the face to PC gamers. Even as a hardcore COD fan, having purchased all previous titles, this game is nothing but a let down. Activision has stepped backwards with the removal of dedicated ranked servers. Along with this horrible decision the PC version does look better than the console; however, there is virtually no evidence of any effort put into this game to take advantage of gaming PCs. Easily the laziest release in the series Activision should realize they could sell millions of copies more on PC if they spent a little effort catering to the obvious demands of that market. A short boring campaign that was nothing but expected followed by multiplayer you already played two years ago leaves this game on my do not play list. WORST COD GAME EVER RELEASED. Expand
  26. Nov 12, 2011
    Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Hatred and bias aside, I went in hoping for the best... ended up feeling moderately disappointed for a few hours and then vindicated. Yes it's very much more of the same, but the campaign is possibly the best in the series, spec ops is a good laugh (and challenge) and given the right mode, multiplayer is possibly the best it's been since the magic COD4.

Of course, some players will skip the Campaign entirely and head online, fair enough... they like the competition more than the story (which is well worth playing for anyone who's played MW1 and 2). So what's supposedly wrong with the multiplayer ?. Well, the maps are pretty cluttered. They're tight and they force you to think on your feet. Running around with reckless abandon is a sure fire way to lose your life... repeatedly. And that's just what I was doing when I dipped into my usual TDM (Team Deathmatch) mode right off the bat. It wasn't until I manned up and tried Hardcore TDM that I fell in love with the multiplayer. The guns in this mode are LETHAL (2 bullets more than enough to get the kill), add to that a lack of any real HUD and Map (until someone earns a UAV and your team gets the mini map for about 30 seconds) and you really have a more thoughtful and more old-school feeling COD experience. This is where I will be spending most of my time.

Whatever you might think of Activision, the people actually making the games are just dev's doing their best. The engine is showing it's age but only a fool would deny it's handsomeness (particularly the more outlandish moments in the campaign).

It's a strong game, put your hate and bias aside, dig a little deeper. Enjoy the great campaign, spec ops/missions and find the right mode for you in the multiplayer. It all comes together because driving it is that perfect ingrediant for FPS's... devastatingly satisfying gunplay.

Don't miss out just cause it's popular to hate.
  27. Nov 12, 2011
    The game deserves its low rating on the pc at least. Campain: meh at the most, its short, linear, no improvements in graphical/audio fidelity, and to top it off the story isnt even good. so id give it a 3/10 for that

Graphics: there is free to play indie games out there that look better. And compared to other games in the same market its poor. 5/10 Functionality: Again nothing new.

Functionality: Again nothing new. MW had more options and that came out in 2007. Very very poor 2/10

Multiplayer: The most annoying aspect of this game. could have been good. IW were making all the right noises on this one. Then at the last minute ruined all their hard work ten fold. How can you tell your community that you listened to all the feedback from mw2, and then completely disreguard all of what was said. 0/10 as in its current state it might as well not exist. Life span: as there is no multiplayer worth playing and the campain is 4 hours long max. 3/10 Value for money: as i have it on the pc 0/10 as it has no trade in value... This is why the game doesnt deserve to have a good review score
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    I feel sorry for people that paid $60 for this piece of crap. This game looks like a DLC more than a full version game to me. The graphics did not change anything at all since Modern Warfare 2 so it is like paying for the same game third time in a row. Also the campaign was really boring.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    okay what MW2 is. Mw2 is a re-skinned game with new maps, the game play is clunky the game is just overall a joke. I am telling you this now don't even bother to buy it maybe when its $20 but before that stay away my friends.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    Game was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game isGame was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game is from MW2.
    New maps
    New weapons
    New perks
    New killstreaks
    New point streak system
    New concept of strike packages
    New sounds
    New spawn system
    New equipment
    New dual scope capability
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    I cannot believe this game, I knew in my deepest of hearts not to buy it, but I said "Screw it, lemme jump on the bandwagon and see if they actually didn't screw it up like BO"

How wrong I was. For a start this game feels like MW 2.5, nigh on everything is recycled from MW2, from the sounds, textures, and just about anything else they could pick out from the previous title. The SP was

How wrong I was.

For a start this game feels like MW 2.5, nigh on everything is recycled from MW2, from the sounds, textures, and just about anything else they could pick out from the previous title. The SP was so forced and ugly that I couldn't stand to play it for more than 30 minuets. I'd rather go play BF3's singleplayer and we all know how bad that is.

Multiplayer is the same crap as always, nothing much as changed except some killstreaks (not many new ones, a fair number of them are recycled) and a few crappy guns thrown in. I will admit the weapons feel more balanced and the map design is better over BO but it still doesn't justify charging £40 for a game that is basically a DLC pack.

Many games are pushed back or delayed by a great deal because of this downhill failing cashcow, it is totally unfair and getting annoying. Hopefully they'll realise that they've dished out this franchise so much it resembles a spent whore. And hopefully people will noticed and give another franchises a chance of actually releasing Christmas season games without posting a loss. I can't believe how much CoD has fallen since 4, 1, 2 and 4 were fantastic pieces of FPS awesomeness. Now it's bland rubbish.
  32. Nov 12, 2011
    They should fire the team who decided it was a good idea to have every second mission in MW3 be a f***ing turret mission. The campaign was storytelling at its worse. It was just as bad if not worse than BF3's campaign, which was put in to show off the Frostbite 2 engine. Even Duke Nukem: Forever had a better story.

The Multiplayer definitely has the worst maps out of all the Call of

The Multiplayer definitely has the worst maps out of all the Call of Duties. They are merely the same map but all set in different weather/time zones. The guns are also just as bad. they are all a re-skin of the same gun. All the Assault Rifles have the same fire rate, damage, recoil, etc. Half of them even have the same iron sights for f***s sake, and all of them have the exact sound file for firing. There is no point in unlocking guns, because the first gun is exactly the same as the last unlockable gun. Oh, and what the f*** did they do the ACR. Holy f***.

Survival mode is fun and a lot better than BO's zombie mode. This is the only redeeming factor for MW3.

This game looks and sounds like it should've been released in 2007. Or as a DLC. I'm not even comparing it to BF3, because BF3 outshines everything by far, but you need the newest rig to run it. Every single game that's been released in the past 2 years looks and sounds better than this crap.

If you still plan on buying this game, don't. Either steal it or pirate it, this game is not worth your money.

0/10. I want my 2 hours of playing this game back.
  33. Nov 12, 2011
    After thinking about the original score I gave this (a zero) I decided to at least be nice and award it a 5. Five because you will have fun (just don't buy it at 60 bucks) but its something we've seen before (and something we'll see in 2012 as Activision ALREADY announced the new one). Some would say, don't fix something that isn't broken but there must be something wrong if people areAfter thinking about the original score I gave this (a zero) I decided to at least be nice and award it a 5. Five because you will have fun (just don't buy it at 60 bucks) but its something we've seen before (and something we'll see in 2012 as Activision ALREADY announced the new one). Some would say, don't fix something that isn't broken but there must be something wrong if people are giving it such a low rating. If you respect the gaming community (by not milking money out of us) we'll respect you, a pretty easy concept to remember Expand
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    Infinity Ward should come up with something new in Call of Duty series and not just pack the old game in the new box and sell it as sequel and sell it for ridiculous high price.
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    No ranked dedicated servers, same mechanics as MW2, reused buildings, boring and overused game play, multi-player is stale, engine is dated, graphics are the same as the original Modern Warfare. People are buying into the hype. Not this guy. This game is worth about $20 if that, yet tons of fanboys will continue to buy it. How sad.
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different toAn absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different to previous games at all. Expand
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I live in Russia. you should look at it! Advertizing in russian language, but itself game only in other language. The answer from support: Hello Roman, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. As the storefront shows, the only support languages are: Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French
    By the way, Russian words in graffity is all obscene! =) how i can money back??
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    I've played the 360 and pc version of the game. Its nearly the same, with the difference that you have different controls and better graphics. But the rest is the same:
    It has a short, boring campaign, with some scripted scenes which we already know from the previous games. There is nothing new in this game. No vehicles, no interesting new weapons, no innovative features, it has nearly the same graphic as the previous games. For such a high price you guess that you are making a good deal. Instead its a update of modern warfare 3 which includes a different title, a new menu and some changes like 2 or 3 new perks, thats all. Most of the maps are recycled from the previous games. It could have been a nice update for 10 bucks but instead it became an overpriced "game". When i played i felt no difference to modern warfare 2 which i played one week ago.
  39. Nov 12, 2011
    Ah my used to be favorite series returns. MW2 was the first sign that things are going the wrong way, black ops gave a little hope to us pc players (dedi etc) , but MW3 takes it way way back as it wont even work with my connection(student housing connection through university). All the other games work just fine I would not recommend anyone to buy this game as you may not get a working product !
  40. Nov 12, 2011
    I rate the game a 4 in total (Multiplayer 2, Single Player 6)

I rate the game a 4 in total (Multiplayer 2, Single Player 6)

I find the menus very nice and the layout is pretty nice as always. It's easy to get an overview of what you need to do to unlock your next weapons, attachments etc and the new "Lobby Leaderboard" feature gave this part a huge plus. I would still like to see some more Callsigns and Emblems to the game from the Spec Ops part, but well... Overachiever is pretty nice.

The multiplayer gameplay would be great if they hadn't done the exact same thing in their two previous Modern Warfare games. The graphics seems to be somewhere between MW1 and MW2 and the weapons are pretty much the same (except for a huge damage decrease on UMP). This was not what I expected at all and after playing it for some hours I had feeling that I was playing Modern Warfare 2 and not an entirely new game. My personal feelings towards this is that 90% of the game is old content taken from previous games to make a cheap solution to something with great potential.

The game also has the features Survival Mode and Spec Ops. Every CoD fan knows what this is (I presume), and the Survival Mode is extremely fun to play with your friends. It's split up in difficulty maps, and this works great. The Spec Ops are as they were on MW2 except that they have removed the last few missions with the juggernauts, which makes the Spec Ops overall easier than before. Even though I missed that insane challenge, I had a blast playing through all the missions.

I rate the game a 4 in total (Multiplayer 2, Single Player 6) and if you consider buying this game, you should only buy it because of Spec Ops, Campaign and Survival Mode - Not because of the multiplayer part.
  41. Nov 12, 2011
    Great single player, weapon sounds absolutly fantastic. And that perfect crisp control only a Carmack powered game engine is capable of, highly recommended.
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    the devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny howthe devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny how forums and places like this are full of hatred toward the game but it broke sales records and surpasses bf3s sales as well. theres a reason for that, people who like the game are not here commenting but playing and enjoying the game right now! Expand
  43. Nov 12, 2011
    I've been almost a COD fan when the first 4-5 titles came out, i remember playing the second which had a stunning mulitplayer and well-defined maps, then when the 4th came out i literally **** i mean, the weapons were just amazing and the gameplay unique, way different from the first or the second. And activision knew that they could use that formula again, and so they did with WAW, whichI've been almost a COD fan when the first 4-5 titles came out, i remember playing the second which had a stunning mulitplayer and well-defined maps, then when the 4th came out i literally **** i mean, the weapons were just amazing and the gameplay unique, way different from the first or the second. And activision knew that they could use that formula again, and so they did with WAW, which wasnt anything special, but at least added something more, the "Prestige" which can be both boring for a casual player, but fun for someone who spends lots of time on that game, because it can multiply the lenght of the game (i find it kinda stupid, tbh). Same **** happened to MW2, only this time not much changed from the previous title, just different weapons... or not... i mean they all have like 0 recoil and LOADS of damage, what about black ops? Same **** OH WHAT DO WE HAVE NOW? 15 PRESTIGES? Are you nuts? But then here it comes, MW3. A game that just took mw2 and did "CTRL C - CTRL V", LITERALLY. Oh i forgot to talk about the storyline! WAR WAR WAR, [spoiler] you win and everybody is happy except ghost, roach and soap that dies. Activision got some creative minds! Expand
  44. Nov 12, 2011
    Same dam game..thanks for the map pack I guess you cheeky kunts. Will not be purchasing any COD after this garbage. at least the disc makes for a pretty sweet coaster
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    When I saw the first videos I didn't expect much. Now that I have played it, I can say it: this game is just a DLC of MW2. Let's see: the only new thing is the story mode, which includes a new story - of course - but that's all. Gameplay hasn't goy any change, still the same. For example, when you're running and you press the button to prone, the guy simply stops and prones; in Black OpsWhen I saw the first videos I didn't expect much. Now that I have played it, I can say it: this game is just a DLC of MW2. Let's see: the only new thing is the story mode, which includes a new story - of course - but that's all. Gameplay hasn't goy any change, still the same. For example, when you're running and you press the button to prone, the guy simply stops and prones; in Black Ops you'd kind of jump and fall into the ground, they didn't make a simple improvement like that. The graphic engine is just the same, Black Ops graphics were better IMO and they couldn't improve even that. Multiplayer is simply MW 2 but with new maps and new killstreaks, nothing much.

In conclusion, Infinite Ward wants us to pay for a game which is just a "DLC" of an older one at full price. I didn't bite, hope you won't.
  46. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, people just feel the need to complain about anything. It's almost embarrassing how people can't give an honest opinion on a game because they feel like they're being cheated. You still bought the game and you know you're still gonna play the hell out of it.
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    a ridiculous game... the same game released in 2007 with map pack... same weapons... engine... sounds... everything exactly the same without any changes for the third time... no wonder that the producers have to beg in Twiiter give high marks to him and are creating these users to fake it...
  48. Nov 12, 2011
    I've bought both BF3 and MW3,love both play style of them,Nice game,nice single-player campaign ,nice OST.P.S. i dunno why so many 0 mark on MW3 in Meta-critic user score,the user who gave 0/10 on MW3 also gave 10/10 full mark on BF3,Hey,does this user score is true?or it is a trick by those BF3 fan boy?
  49. Nov 12, 2011
    Like a lot of people I purchased both BF3 and MW3 and, actually, hoped both would be great games. I guess the Jury is still out on BF3 for me, but it has potential. MW3 however is nothing short of appalling. The 'whack-a-Mole' concept has reached critical mass in this game, there is nothing else. Tie this into a neat little bundle with an aging graphics engine and another UnrealLike a lot of people I purchased both BF3 and MW3 and, actually, hoped both would be great games. I guess the Jury is still out on BF3 for me, but it has potential. MW3 however is nothing short of appalling. The 'whack-a-Mole' concept has reached critical mass in this game, there is nothing else. Tie this into a neat little bundle with an aging graphics engine and another Unreal Tournament style multi-player (yep, no skill, tatics or team work required - can't you just wait for the YouTube glut of auto sniper mega fast hacks..... uh, I mean kills to appear) and what you have is a regurgitated pile of tat.

Someone wanted to squeeze the last few bucks out of a tired engine and game model. Please no more, in an age where the arguments against piracy are shouted from every moral pulpit perhaps the evangelists should look at what they are providing for sale - quality always provides a decent argument for revenue.

So its back to BF3, oh and for controversies sake, I still think the last MOH game had the best and most fulfilling multi-player of recent times, its just a shame it did not do SP Whack-a-Mole well enough to please the paid critics.
  50. Nov 12, 2011
    More of the same ... not innovate anything online server is disgusting.
    The next call of dutty, we will sell it for parts by DLCs. Black ops already half done ...
  51. j2j
    Nov 12, 2011
    all right here we go . i am not the best speller and i am not ashame of it, but try understan me.so ok 2 things. we love spc. and SOAP people that play the frist game get atach to him. not the ole smart washted up smart ole man PRICE .dont get me worng i like CP PRICE but we start this thing as SOAP. I BET 80% of the player out there spc fans. not MP . I never play MP .I want a storryall right here we go . i am not the best speller and i am not ashame of it, but try understan me.so ok 2 things. we love spc. and SOAP people that play the frist game get atach to him. not the ole smart washted up smart ole man PRICE .dont get me worng i like CP PRICE but we start this thing as SOAP. I BET 80% of the player out there spc fans. not MP . I never play MP .I want a storry . the storry was /is ok but i want to b soap i want to end this as soap. whell they did wat they want did not listen to the fans heart .so the kill SOAP chiply a shame. as whell as spc.then they want a good score.how meany people play mp.i dont .u can tell me to bo play a sp but this is cod it starded as sp. so y mess it up activision should spend more time on a cod sp cause most people play sp. no wanrer they r getting 0scores and codmwf deserve it just for killing SOAP. tell u wat remake this put us is the shouse of SOAP SAME STORRY AND I WILL GIVE U A 10 **** THE MP Expand
  52. Nov 12, 2011
    I feel cheated. I played this game last year. Also two years ago. Even three, damn, four years ago! Why the hell, Activi$ion, don't you innovate in this game?! You win so much money each day because of those mindless buyers and you don't even manage to have a proper code nor connection. I'm done with this charade. Count me off from this stupid game.
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Game had such high expectations. I atleast expected to enjoy it. Campaign is fun but forgettable. spec ops is fun but cheap. the Multiplayer is FAIL. **** maps. **** gameplay. gfx fail. sound design fail. just its a solid piece of **** well back to BF3 even though that game had a flakey campaign atleast the multiplayer of that one rocks.
  54. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointed.

Disappointed.

Graphics are a step back from Black Ops as is the soundtrack. The Black Ops soundtrack and graphics engine were amazing and a leap forward from Modern Warfare 2. I feel like this title lost all that progress and went back to the Modern Warfare 1 engine. Can not get this game to look decent in 1920x1200 even with "native" rendering setting. As far as game type, game play is uninspired and, again, takes the franchise back before Black Ops. Feels recycled and overdone.

Classic example of group think on the dev side-- devs were apparently too pleased with what they had going and did not bother to make a meaningful update. Effectively turned this franchise into a yearly Madden.
  55. Nov 12, 2011
    As a cod fan i can't express how disappointing this game is.I play on pc and again iw have shafted us with there crappy iwnet, peer to peer is for consoles.I'd also add that graphically this game is 4 years out of date but then it was made for the xbox and that is 5+years old games like this should be made for the pc first then dumbed down for the console take BF3 as an example i'm no bigAs a cod fan i can't express how disappointing this game is.I play on pc and again iw have shafted us with there crappy iwnet, peer to peer is for consoles.I'd also add that graphically this game is 4 years out of date but then it was made for the xbox and that is 5+years old games like this should be made for the pc first then dumbed down for the console take BF3 as an example i'm no big fan of the battlefield series but graphically it blows mw3 out of the water and i'd have to say that the multiplayer aspect is so much better than mw3.MW3 is just a lazy development by iw there is no imagination and it is just a re skinned mw2.Can't comment on the single player because i don't buy games for the single player Expand
  56. Nov 12, 2011
    Battlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling thisBattlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling this is for you. I have been playing all morning, and all I can say the single player makes you feel like a total bad ass and it takes no prisoners doing so. The visuals, sound, and ammount of content is epic.

Spec Ops, is the best part of the game but will be probably the least played of the bunch. If you got a buddy to play with this is really a challange, and will put your skills to the test if you are willing to get a 100% in them

Multiplayer has grown up a lot, and while not on the same size scale as BF3 it offers a different flavor of it. I am not very good at COD MP, but with the support class I given slack for sucking, but rewarded for supporting. That single featuer alone is sensational. I am very please with it, and the fact that you can custom tailor the guns to your liking is awsome.

COD:MW3 is worth your money, and I really have no clue why all the negative reivews. I own both BF3 and MW3, and I can not say that I like one more over the other, but I can say that I play as of right now MW3 more because it is refined, no cashing, freezing, or funky glitches in the game.
  57. Nov 12, 2011
    The graphics are old and dated, it's more like a map pack than a new game. The peer-to-peer for multi-player ranked servers has got to go!!! If the developer had allowed for ranked dedicated servers (even if it was limited to just the rented servers like BF3), then I would have scored this game much, much higher. I did think some of the game modes were unique and fun, like Team DefenderThe graphics are old and dated, it's more like a map pack than a new game. The peer-to-peer for multi-player ranked servers has got to go!!! If the developer had allowed for ranked dedicated servers (even if it was limited to just the rented servers like BF3), then I would have scored this game much, much higher. I did think some of the game modes were unique and fun, like Team Defender and Kill Confirmed, but not all of those modes can be hard core. Expand
  58. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is the same int pc and consoles, and dont optimice and get advantege of this plataform. Poor graphics, poor sound, the same gameplay, the same engine, its more and expansion of call of duty modern warfare 1.
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    Nothing new, still poor gameplay. Story is uninteresting and really thight tube.
    Graphics are nothing new. The engine is old and doesn't seem to run well on PC. BF3 looks way better and still runs smoother.
  60. Nov 12, 2011
    well,i dont think its a bad game and i like the campaign...BF3 campainn just like **** gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game.
  61. Nov 12, 2011
    same old engine, same multiplayer as before but still a nusaince to play on the PC without feeling like your just playing a ported game from the Xbox. Story is the same and it just feels like i am playing a game that does not care and is just auto pilot: Chase scenes, explosions music all fine and dandy but can we have SOMETHING NEW ?!
  62. Nov 12, 2011
    All of the Call of Duty titles play very similarly, in fact there is very little difference in the way it plays going way back to the original Call of Duty. Why are people only just figuring this out? Is that a bad thing? Hell no! The game has been tweaked and tuned to perfection along the way. There is a reason why it's the #1 Franchise. Love it or hate it. MW3 runs brilliantly on allAll of the Call of Duty titles play very similarly, in fact there is very little difference in the way it plays going way back to the original Call of Duty. Why are people only just figuring this out? Is that a bad thing? Hell no! The game has been tweaked and tuned to perfection along the way. There is a reason why it's the #1 Franchise. Love it or hate it. MW3 runs brilliantly on all ports and add's some neat features to keep the fans happy. Not to mention the gritty campaign we have all come to appreciate from all of the Call of Duty titles. It's not perfect, dedicated servers and added pc features such as FoV etc would have been nice. However I'm going to give this a 10 to compensate for all the thoughtless 0's I'm seeing. Good job Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer! I look forward to your next installment. Expand
  63. Nov 12, 2011
    I held off until I'd played for a while until I wrote this so I could give it my full opinion.
    The engine is exactly the same. Models are copy pasted from MW2. The singleplayer is rout with bugs, poor graphics and mechanic issues. Geometric glitches prevent some movement, team mates cannot hit targets and they push you from cover. The spec ops missions are fairly all right, but the survival mode is really good considering the rest of the game. The multiplayer has been destroyed by the fact that iwnet still exists. Games automatically matchmake with level 50's, and from different countries. It also preferences games over 100ms ping. The game feels very rushed and seems to be because the developers wanted to compete with bf3. They should NOT have attempted to release the game in such a poor state. They should have utilized the PC as the platform of choice so that they could then downsize the graphics etc for consoles. That way the game would have potentially had good competition against BF3. Instead the game is cliche, recycled and carelessly created. Sad, it had potential.
  64. Nov 12, 2011
    Yeah...I played this game back when it was called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Activision is the epitome of shovelware since all they do is rehash the same old game, focus on multiplayer, charge 15 bucks per map pack, patch the game for a couple months then ignore it while they work on their next Call of Duty game. No one is going to be playing these games years after it's releaseYeah...I played this game back when it was called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Activision is the epitome of shovelware since all they do is rehash the same old game, focus on multiplayer, charge 15 bucks per map pack, patch the game for a couple months then ignore it while they work on their next Call of Duty game. No one is going to be playing these games years after it's release because there is always a sequel around the next corner making all the customers sell their old copies and buy the new one. I love it. Expand
  65. Nov 12, 2011
    A complete disappointment. Nothing has changed. Another addition to the MW2 .
  66. Nov 12, 2011
    Another fail pc launch, horrible console graphics lends this to be just another map pack. Move on nothing new to see here. Go play black ops or mv2. OR go play a real game that works well on the pc, battlefield 3
  67. Nov 12, 2011
    Dear Glen Schofield,

Next time you want a high Metacritic score, consider making an original and interesting game. Here's some tips: avoid making the exact same game as you did two years ago; stop re-using textures from previous games; try and create some original graphics; introduce something different in multiplayer; stop using the same old (rubbish) sounds etc etc. In short, stop
    Dear Glen Schofield,

In short, stop cashing in on the success of your previous games by making the same thing to sell to the inebriates that can't understand what you're doing, and next time come up with something interesting and original.
  68. Nov 12, 2011
    Pretty much the game thing as MW2, except for a few new guns and maps. Hell, even the error screens say 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.

This game isn't even worth pirating.
  69. Nov 12, 2011
    Just the same, BF3 its better for now...

I spend my money for nothing, thanks for the lack of imagination and creativity...

Please, take a look in the Frost Bite 2 engine, and do some changes!!

Shameless game!
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is just so awful I'm cringing at the fact I actually bought this. Its actually embarrassing admitting to you all I bought this game. I used to be a huge fan of MW2 when it came out, never played BF. I pre ordered BF3 before MW2.5 and it is a brilliant game, step above the rest. Its not perfect, it has its flaws but It is great.

Then I played this...abomination, thats all you can

Then I played this...abomination, thats all you can call it. R399 down the drain. This link below is Sledgehammer's Glen Schofield begging for a better user score on metacritic, what was he expecting??

Because this game is now linked to my steam account with a few others I cannot sell it again so the games dvd's have now become the most expensive coaster for my beer I have ever bought. At least I'm getting some use out of my money :)

I think this below video is quite a hoot:

In there is a hilarious piece of commentary, the guy says "Yes it crashed on me once and it then said MW2 has stopped working..." Well to end off I am sincerely hoping that other fellow pc gamers read these reviews and stay away from the game.
  71. EVN
    Nov 12, 2011
    I have bought every copy of COD since COD 4 - after playing MW2, i stopped playing cod all togther. When black ops came out, i thought eh, ill give it was 2nd try. I played the game maybe for 2 weeks. Never even thought of looking up this game. tested it out at my buddies place and saw that game has not changed since MW2. Same old run and gun.
  72. Nov 12, 2011
    No dedicated servers ranking is a joke. Why did they have to ruin this game? Same game basically as the last two is total bull crap. With all the money they make there is no excuse for a game like this. Waste of $60!!!
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    A full copy of Modern Warfare 2, except for some missions. Some locations are very similar to what we've seen...................................................................
  74. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is so addictive and fun you don't care about the sound/graphics/user critics flaming.
    Games are supposed to be fun, and this baby delivers!
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm really very disappointed. Activision just re-released MW2 with a few new maps, but with the same dynamics, same weapons and same error messages. It doesn't deserve a 70$ price. I've never thought that I would give "0" score to one of my favourite series but this expansion pack shouldn't be released as a new game. Next year there will be another CoD game. I think it will be a goodI'm really very disappointed. Activision just re-released MW2 with a few new maps, but with the same dynamics, same weapons and same error messages. It doesn't deserve a 70$ price. I've never thought that I would give "0" score to one of my favourite series but this expansion pack shouldn't be released as a new game. Next year there will be another CoD game. I think it will be a good expansion pack to Black Ops which will be sold separately for 70$ too. Activision; we are not stupid as you think. We are not idiots who will accept everything you fail as something awesome. I'd rather play MW or MW2 than MW3... Expand
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a great game...if you have never played Modern Warfare 1 or 2. To be plain, MW3 is a simple regurgitation of the CODness we have all seen before. I was hoping for something shiny and new, but I admit that I got exactly what I expected. To be honest, we as a gaming community deserve this. If we keep paying for low quality repeats, the publishers and game developers willModern Warfare 3 is a great game...if you have never played Modern Warfare 1 or 2. To be plain, MW3 is a simple regurgitation of the CODness we have all seen before. I was hoping for something shiny and new, but I admit that I got exactly what I expected. To be honest, we as a gaming community deserve this. If we keep paying for low quality repeats, the publishers and game developers will continue to be lazy and reap the rewards. Expand
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    I think this game is very good.Because I only play single mode.I like the story of this game.Price Soap Yuri and Sandman are true heroes!They are dead or be forgotten.But I only love them forever!
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is awesome.
    I pre-ordered BF3 & MW3 and i can't only say that i feel more pleasure with MW3 than with BF3.
    I don't und this so badly marks (BF3 kikoolol effect ?)
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    Where should I start? There are a lot of things that went wrong with this franchise or the games in general. First, original developer is no longer develop the game that they created, the old IW. With these recently release of CoD, the new team of IW and Sledgehammer, let's not for get about Treyarch ( at least they actually listen to the community about certain things), they don't seem toWhere should I start? There are a lot of things that went wrong with this franchise or the games in general. First, original developer is no longer develop the game that they created, the old IW. With these recently release of CoD, the new team of IW and Sledgehammer, let's not for get about Treyarch ( at least they actually listen to the community about certain things), they don't seem to get the ideal or concept of Call of Duty. They are so blinded how the game generate so much capital. Developing game should be balance on all platform, no bias just because they generate more cash. For MW3, there are, I want to say, **** load of crap that should NEVER EVER be in there. First of all is the dedicated servers, I mean seriously now, Ranked P2P and Un-ranked Dedicated servers? Do you even know that dedicated servers are PC BACKBONE? second, there aren't enough innovation in this game that feeding the PC communities. Kill-streaks sure are great but it reached lifespan. The old formula isn't working anymore. In conclusion, This game suck in this features and developments. Expand
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    IWnet matchmaking sucks, ping is not stable from game to game it s hard to adjust..... black ops had dedicated servers and it worked very well compared to this crap matchmaking which cannot even get 4 ppl party into same game come on!!!

map design is bad also
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the seriesEveryone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the series over the edge with its new levels and gametypes. The Singleplayer is just as good, but with only 1 minor flaw, it's 3 hours. 2 things about the game I dont entirely dislike more as wish it was different is the graphics engine and the field of view is locked at 60. Other than its minor flaws the game is perfect third installment of a great series of modern warfare games! :) Expand
  82. Nov 11, 2011
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    fully optimized compared to mw2 and do not feel lost in the map and is visually pleasing to the eyes.MW3 gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game...
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    I have played all CoD games since day one as well as the BF series, But i got to say this is just a cash grab. After 6+ hours of playing this game is nothing more then MW2 with a new coat of paint, Graphics look out dated and bad, Sound is horrible and the maps are just old rehashed MW1,2 maps. Also to charge $50 ( A YEAR LOL ) for CoD:elite is sooooo ridiculas when EA offers it for forI have played all CoD games since day one as well as the BF series, But i got to say this is just a cash grab. After 6+ hours of playing this game is nothing more then MW2 with a new coat of paint, Graphics look out dated and bad, Sound is horrible and the maps are just old rehashed MW1,2 maps. Also to charge $50 ( A YEAR LOL ) for CoD:elite is sooooo ridiculas when EA offers it for for free with BF3. All in all this is my last CoD until they stop trying to package the same crap over and over again Expand
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    I am a true cod fan, that said I have bought everyone including mw3. I was absolutely aghast at what I experienced in mw3's multi player. The screen @ HD 1080p resolution was horrific, the graphics was standard mw2 fare however over all the experience was frustrating. here are my top 5 thoughts:

1) Servers, although the recent patch made servers more stable they are still horrible. There is no way to describe them otherwise. The most important aspect of any good fps is decent and stable servers, even non dedicated they should be easy to use and overall not hinder the player. 2) reused textures, not that I mind low res textures these are just obviously ripped off from mw1. They are out of place and outdated even by the 2 year old mw2's standards.

3) Hype and lies, bait and switch. Dev's saying there was dedi's and then after pre-orders went out they changed that dedi's were not part of the main online experience. 4) Hackers/cheaters- On day one there were in seven hours of play a confirmed 23 hackers. Some with aimbots but most were just prestige 10 level 80. Sure maybe they will get banned, but only after 5 months of us having to put up with them.

5) Maps- They range from bad to pathetic, they feel rushed and ugly. I don't mind the camping spot because i know to check my corners but in some parts it is impossible to spot campers and the fact that some bushes are wall like and even bullet proof shows that the maps were made not being concerned about the players experience.

My conclusion is to not buy it, if you did to return it. This game is not worth the asking price. The only way they will ever turn this game around is to: 1) provide dedicated servers to rank up on and 2) revamp all the maps and textures completely.
  86. Nov 11, 2011
    Rehash, rehash, rehash. Same game, slightly different name. If you want to blow your money on something you've already played before be my guest, if not, look elsewhere for a better game.
  87. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgradeMW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgrade of the previous games.

- No ranked dedicated servers.
    - No working Elite service.
    - No FOV adjustment.
    - No new graphics.
    - No new game changing features. (Yes I know about the new modes, but most servers just run the old ones)

Overall, the game has stagnated and had no innovation since the original MW, and they are happily taking everyone's $60 (which btw, they were the first company to increase the cost of PC games from $50 to $60 and since then everyone followed suit, so thanks for that too). They are taking $60 for MW2, BO, and MW3, and all they are doing is reskining MW1.

I was a huge fan of MW1, and even bought BO hoping for something new. Very disappointed in this and am refunding this game and playing BF3 exclusively. Fortunately for IW and Activision, sheep will still buy and play this game in droves, just like Apple fanatics buy the iPhone repeatedly.
  88. Nov 11, 2011
    Crap crap crap is all i can say. They still dont care about us pc gamers. We dont have elite and i doubt we will get it anytime soon. The maps are **** the game lags all the time and the dedicated servers are unranked. All Activision cares about is the console gamers. We get left in the back with nothing.
  89. Nov 11, 2011
    60$ dlc I expect more from the big gaming company's. 2 years and all I get is a re-skinned version of MW2 with a changed leveling/perk system. Activision has the number 1 selling game out and they can not even improve their engine. They all are sitting on their fat bank account laughing at the consumers.
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 has really lost touch with what makes video games great. I loved MW1 because that game brought so much to the table. That game had big maps, small maps, ranked dedicated servers, so many options that you could play the game however you wanted. Now IW has decided to lock everything down and force people to play the game in very specific ways. NOT FUN AT ALL. I bought this gameMW3 has really lost touch with what makes video games great. I loved MW1 because that game brought so much to the table. That game had big maps, small maps, ranked dedicated servers, so many options that you could play the game however you wanted. Now IW has decided to lock everything down and force people to play the game in very specific ways. NOT FUN AT ALL. I bought this game because I was excited that IW was bringing back dedicated servers to us PC gamers. I boycotted MW2 because they took away dedicated servers, so seeing them return was rather nice. But then I find out that the dedicated servers are NOT ranked, so if I want to unlock anything I have to play the game the way IW wants me to play it. NOT the way I want to play it. I honestly don't understand how IW justifies a 60 dollar price on a game that has less features than MW1 and uses the same graphics engine as MW1 (albeit they improved on this over the years.) The whole game reeks of laziness as I see all the maps are super tiny, and only seem to favor people that like to "run and gun." But what about those of us that like to use a little strategy or have more than 18 people in a map? What about people that don't want to "run and gun" the whole time? I give the game a 6 because of the single player campaign and because the game is not completely broken. But it HAS lost everything that made MW1 great. I am going to try to find a way to get my money back. I am sad that IW has stooped to making this when they clearly know (or used to know) how to make a good game. Shame on you IW, and shame on me for spending 60 dollars for this. Expand
  91. Nov 11, 2011
    I've played Battlefield 2, the new Goldeneye, Crysis, COD 4, MW2, Black Ops, MW3. I get where most of you are coming from as it being basically the same graphics engine as MW2. I myself even noticed the feeling of COD 4 within it, but to tell you the truth, that's exactly why I love it so much. I bought COD 4 not when it was full retail, or even $30, but fricken $10 on Steam during aI've played Battlefield 2, the new Goldeneye, Crysis, COD 4, MW2, Black Ops, MW3. I get where most of you are coming from as it being basically the same graphics engine as MW2. I myself even noticed the feeling of COD 4 within it, but to tell you the truth, that's exactly why I love it so much. I bought COD 4 not when it was full retail, or even $30, but fricken $10 on Steam during a holiday sale. I was like, eh... I guess everyone keeps talking about it lets try it out. It was Awesome. There's no denying that, MW2 was even good. Black Ops was alright but still a little too Treyarchy for me which is what kept me from getting involved earlier. Then comes that whole legal debate with this game and having Sledgehammer jump in. I'm just happy they actually made it in time.

My best guess is because of that, and losing a huge portion of their staff to Respawn they really didn't have the time, in 2 years to make an entirely new COD. I'm glad. In the end it feels right to me. Call me crazy. The whole Modern Warfare story was gonna be a trilogy anyway so why not have it all be on the same graphics engine? Aren't we, the PC gamers always standing up for gameplay over graphics anyway? Minecraft? Super Meat Boy? Portal? I completely support their choice to reuse COD4 and MW2, why not? When the next Call of Duty comes from Infinity Ward in 2 years or so, it'll have a new story, new characters and that will be the time when it makes sense to have newer graphics, not now.

Point is, the campaign felt like the equivalent of a movie, its cinematic. Lord of the Rings uses the same actors and same locals and plot in the grand scheme of it all. Games have always been split, there are the innovative ones, the ones like Madden that just renew what was there, not dissimilar to this, and then there are the out of the blue games like DragonAge and Elder Scrolls that are rehashes and retakes on a genre but are nothing new in concept. In general however games are getting to the point where they should be judged not on their graphics and familiarity, but on the gameplay and the grandness of it. The thoughts they leave when you're done playing and the feelings you get while playing them. MW3 is more arcade than realistic, but that's exactly how its supposed to be. That 3 at the end should mean, you are getting the same story, same mechanics, same graphics or damn close to. Expect change when a NEW game comes out not just a continuation of a story.

Multiplayer is simply updated but that's to be expected, if its not broke don't fix it. Has Madden changed drastically lately? Its still football, and this is still you trying to kill everyone else. Black Ops was the same as MW2, which was the same as COD4, if you expected a HUGE change come 3, you've obviously been living under a rock for the last 6 years. People buy this game to continue playing multi with their friends, and to continue the story and be blown away by the sights, sounds and grand feel it has. It's like back in the day playing with that Buzz Lightyear toy and then they come out with the Chrome one. Well no **** its the same thing but it does slightly more and looks better, so doesn't that make it technically better than the original and worth trying?
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    A pathetic re-make (or more like recycle). If your planing on great multiplayer, you should buy BF3, because this is just a desperate attempt at generating more money for Activison. The worst and most boring thing ever.
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    If you're a PC player, don't buy this game. Infinity Ward has stuck us with the same garbage p2p matchmaking as console. This means that if you don't pull host, you can forget about having a decent game. The lag is horrible and, just like Modern Warfare 2, the game is plagued with hackers that players can do nothing about. This game proves that Activision and Infinity Ward doesn't careIf you're a PC player, don't buy this game. Infinity Ward has stuck us with the same garbage p2p matchmaking as console. This means that if you don't pull host, you can forget about having a decent game. The lag is horrible and, just like Modern Warfare 2, the game is plagued with hackers that players can do nothing about. This game proves that Activision and Infinity Ward doesn't care about its PC customers and because of that, this will be the last product I buy from either of them. Even the pre-release marketing done through Mountain Dew doesn't apply to PC users and you can forget about the prestige tokens that console players get. The fact is, if you want a good Call of Duty for PC, buy CoD 4. If you want a new game for PC, buy Battlefield 3 or wait for Tribes Ascend. This was $60 down the drain. Expand
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    CODMW3 = CTRL A + CTRL C + CTRL V = Same Old $#!# Just another cash in like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk and will probably end up like those two series as well. BF3 > CODMW3
  95. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't want to spoil the story or something else . i just want to say that you can go to a site like gamestop or gamespot or ... and buy a video game ! but how can you find the best ?!
    you have many factors to find the best . story , graphics , gameplay , musics , sounds , multiplayer , hype (!) ...
    let's talk about story ! it's not like HALO ! so you'll not face a large amount of informations in 2 hours and say Wow it's epic !
    it's not like BF3 that put you in the story that you've seen it 1000 time before !
    it's Modern Warfare so you'll see real places , real people , real politics and of course real characters ! the plot is the same as Modern Warfare 1 and 2 but the difference is Revelations and characters endings .
    let's talk about gameplay ! just like MW1 & MW2 gameplay is where this game beat its rival . fast action gameplay that increase adrenaline alongside with cinematic scenes will satisfy you of spending 60 $ for this game !
    sounds and musics are brilliant and i can't say anything bad about them !
    graphics are good enough for a 2011 released game and have many improvements from Modern Warfare 2 and 60fps is where this game is beat its rival in graphics (on consoles) .
    multiplayer is the best in series so you can finish the story mode in 5 hours and go for multiplayer ! but you have my word , you can't finish multiplayer even in 500 hours ! it's Call Of Duty ! there is no need to say every part is at it's best like maps , perks , modes , weapon customize ...
    at last i can say there are many games out there but there are a few perfect games so don't spend 60 $ for the first game you'll see in the markets !
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best FPS in 2011 , no doubt . but i think it's the best FPS ever !
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is so bad. A direct port of MW2, and no good improvements.

MAPS ARE TOO SMALL!

Laggy hosts. Dedicated servers are unranked only. Console locked. Game is complete BS.

MAPS ARE TOO SMALL!

Waste of $60! Complete waste! Activision should be sued! This game is copy & pasted so much, the error messages reference MW2!!!!!!

Pathetic!
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    What the bloody hell is it? WM3? Oh, I prefer die... It's the worst CoD I've ever played. Only Survival Mode is not bad at all, though it reminds me of Zombie Mode. The terrible graphics makes me sick. IW5 engine is far worse than IW4 engine. Is it a joke? I hope so.
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! I bought BF3 on launch, and I loved it. Then when MW3 came out, I decided to go buy it, I was not disappointed! Keep in mind this is the first Modern Warfare game I have purchased. The campaign was amazing, online is spectacular, and spec ops is sweet, especially survival mode.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay