2.4

1. Dec 10, 2011
    Vanilla repetitive shooter with a really shallow story. The multiplayer kinda fun though and the survival mode is pretty fun especially with friends. Its playable and kinda enjoyable, but it looses its appeal really fast. 6/10
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    Back in 2007 the world first time saw COD 4: Modern Warfare, which sold millions and received a critical acclaim for â
  3. Feb 10, 2012
    This game fails on so many levels, i only played it on PC and i hated 90% of the players already for talking childish **** every game, i can only imagine how bad it gets on a Console! The game feels like a old PS1 run and gun game, every aspect of this trash is old and it's easy to get many kills, good job it's the perfect game for people with down syndrome!
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    I'm giving this game 3 out of 10. If I had to comment MW 3 in one sentence I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 with terrible technical problems and with less fun. I don't recommend it to anyone, if you want a shooter badly try MW 2. This review will be mostly MP beacuse I finished single player in about 10 hours on hard difficulity and I bought it mostly for MP like other cod games. Major flaws of the game:
    - Absolutely no innovations !!! It's MW 2 again with minimal innovations, and bad ones only
    - TERRIBLE PROBLEMS WITH RUNNING THE GAME PROPERLY !!!
    bugs and problems such as those: very hard to play with friends because of stupid matchmaking system, random game crashin during loading, 2 times during about 6 weeks of playing it my game stopped working and I had to reinstall it, it often crashes on launch too, I have a very good hardware so it's fault of the game
    - NO DEDICATED RANKED SERVERS - meaning that you have to use matchmaking, so you can't choose the map you want to play on, people you want to play with because there is no "party system" or whatever to connect you and ur friends together to the same lobby, it's hard even to play with 1 teammate cuz of that
    - TERRIBLY DESIGNED MAPS - thats true, maps are terrible VERY SMALL and pretty much RIDICULOUS I thought Black Ops maps was very bad, at least it had Nuketown and you were allowed to choose a map, well not in MW 3
    - CHEATERS PLAGUE a month after game's relase when I bought it at least 4 out of 10 games was with a cheater using aimbot. If you have ever played with aimbot user then you know it's ridiculous. If 40 % of games was with aimbots think how many was with people using less noticeable cheats like wallhacks...
    - VERY BAD GRAPHICS AND SOUND terribly outdated graphics and very bad sounds, I guess the developers forget to improve it again...since cod 4 it's the same graphics with minimal changes, and the sounds are refined version of those from cod 4 and mw 2
    - VERY IRRITATING THING ABOUT SOUND: YOU CAN ONLY MUTE ALL OF THE GAME SOUND - that means you can't listen to music while you play because you can't for example just disable in-game music (WHICH SUCKS BADLY, BO HAD IT MUCH BETTER !) and shooting sounds, no there is only one slider so you can play with your own music but then no in-game sounds which srsly handicaps your gaming skill
    - WORSE CHARACTER CREATING THAN BO AND PREVIOUS MW 3 thats right - not only no innovations but it's also very badly designed and there are a few OP guns while the rest sucks badly, same situation with perks

SUMMARY: IF YOU WANT A SHOOTER BADLY, GO TRY MW 2 IT'S CHEAPER AND HAS LESS FLAWS, TRUST ME THIS ISN'T WORTH $ AND TIME YOU SPEND ON IT !
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    The campaign mode is awesome and it is a great sequel to Modern Warfare 2, The story is good, exciting not too ridiculous. The graphics and visuals themselves aren't a huge improvement. Some guns, such as the MK14 and akimbo FMG's are overpowered. They also removed double tapping which was quite annoying, it was still fun but didn't bring much else to the table that wasn't already there in MW2 and CoD4. Expand
  6. Jun 26, 2014
    Rehashing the same formula works, but that doesn't mean you've made a good game in the process. Just like MW2, this focuses on making as much money as possible. Unlike MW2, it ruined any fun CoD had left and brought IW to a new low.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Same game as before. For new players just buy MW1 or 2 for cheap and it looks and feels like the same game. Don't you fanboys get it... they just want your money. COD elite, map packs, new game same **** every year. They are just like any greedy company. Don't be fooled by the media exposure and celebrity promotions. All this money they are spending on promoting the game won't fool real gamers into buying this copy and pasted game. Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with some of the criticism offered by some users. Yes, MW3 doesn't feel like a new game: it's more like an expansion pack for MW2. Yes, the graphics don't look that great for a game released in 2011. Yes, the gameplay is not innovative, but this is not necessarily a bad thing: both MW2 and its carbon copy MW3 have great gameplay. I have only 2 issues with MW3: 1) US$ 60 for a MW2 expansion pack (i.e., MW3) is a rip-off, and 2) despite of my system configuration (I7-2600, GTX-580, 8GB RAM, Creative Labs Titanium discrete audio card, 25Mbps/25Mbps broadband), the game lags too much when I happen to be the host (MW2 had the same problem due to P2P). These are the only 2 reasons for me to give it a 7 out of 10. Another thing: If IW ever releases a paid Elite service for PC, just pass - it's not worth 50 bucks. Expand
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    Oh dear god why... The only reason I even played this was to know how the story ended, and the story wasn't even good. This is WORSE than the last one.
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    So, tis the season for another Call of Duty game. Last years Black Ops was a hit, i enjoyed it thoroughly, the multiplayer levels had space, and were entertaining. Although Black Ops was good in its own ways, Modern Warfare 2 was the company's best hit. I rushed out at 11:45pm on November 7th, spilling my change on the counter, drooling over the package itself. After i pop it in, that drool puddle seemed to turn into sweat, being so nervous that this was a flop. Don't get me wrong, the campaign had its high-points after the jumbled ala-carte 30% mark, it just did not leave a lasting impression. I beat the campaign in four hours give or take. The multiplayer i was hoping would rescue this title from the growing shadow of its older brother MW2. The level design on is cramped. I find no creativity in the levels, or even depth the levels should add to the basic gameplay. No, i was fully let down by this game. Decent Campaign, Not enough creativity, or new additions to please me. Sorry Infinity ward, but you guys let me down. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Almost identical to MW2, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Activision released a game with slight tweaks and calls it a new game, I don't understand why the hell "professional" reviewers are giving it anything other than a 1 or a 2
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    Refuse to fund anymore Activision games. Played my flat mates copy, just what I thought. Just an expensive map pack. Doesn't deserve any of the high scores some critics are giving it. I'm glad some have the balls to call it like they see it.
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    activision has no respect for the pc gaming community so I will not respect them with a good score.
    Game itself is just mw2.5 full of hackers day one they are not stopping them they don't care about us they just want money so once you buy it.. well... GG
  14. Vic
    Dec 6, 2011
    I understand everyone's anger. The game is pretty much the same as MW2, but for me who haven't played MW2 this game looks okay. The story is stupid but fun to play, the multiplayer has not a lot of improvement but I'm sure that everyone who bought the game will spend tons of hours playing it!
  15. Dec 21, 2011
    So you enjoy playing Cod 4? Cod WaW? Cod MW2? Cod BO? well good news, this is the EXACT SAME GAME! no difference, you just bought mw2... good job IW you rereleased mw2... again... **** you if you brought this overbloated piece of ****
  16. Feb 3, 2012
    The original Call of Duty was great, but now, it is a complete joke! It's too cliche, too over-rated and more to the point MODERN WARFARE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLDER ONES!
  17. MB_
    Feb 18, 2012
    Having enjoyed MW1 back in the day but not trying MW2 I thought I'd jump forward with three to see how far things had come. They really hadn't graphically. This looks terrible, I really can't think of a game that looks this bad in modern times. I've tried repeatedly to fix it, but that shouldn't be hard to do. Little things like not being able to turn down the sound and music separately irritate immensely but when I got online things turned even worse. The game is a first person shooter but its using the geeky XP system which makes games unfair against newbies, purely by giving early adopters weapon and equipment bonuses. This is just morally bankrupt. The game looks bad, plays worse. I feel ripped off! Avoid!! Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2012
    i did give it 10rating lulz, sorry i forgot about the score there worst game of the franchise, i played black ops but i didnt like it anyway, arena type'ish gameplay which feels unreal and gay, DO NOT buy this game please, spend your money somewhere else
  19. May 6, 2012
    I finished the single player campaign of this game the same day I bought it. I don't mind short campaigns if they are fun, but this is very short and boring.
    The game is so heavily scripted it makes it obvious that Infinity Ward is out of ideas in terms of innovative gameplay. They use scripted events as fillers, and on top of that they manage to lack imagination in that field as well.
    How many times can we enjoy a scene where we get knocked down with the ears ringing and the blurry vision? Sure the part on the boat was awesome but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. For most of the campaign the player has to follow other characters, other than that it's pretty much "Do this! Go there!".
    I really do understand that the focus of this game is online but the game fails to be impressive and innovative on that side as well. I still give this game a 5 for the graphics and the input responsiveness but sadly Call of Duty has not evolved since Modern Warfare 1.
  20. May 20, 2012
    Cowboys-Rednecks-Evil Russians-Evil Muslims-Good Guys American Army-Hollywood this game... I dont know what to say and more and more games like this are created but I think COD MW3 is not hated for the same reason I hate it, I dont know what is going on I loved Call of Duty 1 and thats it
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    I'll break this review down into three parts, singleplayer, multiplayer, and overview.

To begin with, the singleplayer was good. I like the storyline, as I liked the MW2 storyline and it basically picks up from there. It's really similar to the MW2 storyline as the missions don't really chance all that much (go around shoot bad guys and follow the waypoints), but you know I don't mind
    that style all that much. The characters have personalities and the mission was easy to follow. There were some plot twists that while painful were actually well placed. The singleplayer was just great. Not the mention the Spec Ops missions which are fun, HOWEVER, multiplayer Spec Ops is terrible. I would be playing with a friend on Survival and it was as if we were in two different instances of play. I got eighty kills on one round, while he stood in a corner and didn't get any, while on his screen he got seventy kills and I only got two or something like that. The connection system is broke as hell.

As for the multiplayer, it had so much potential it's not even funny. The multiplayer brought in the strike package system, where you could either earn assault streaks, support streaks, or specialist streaks. This was truly innovative in my opinion, as compared to previous Call of Dutys you were pretty much stuck with one set of killstreaks. The guns were balanced for the most part with very few exceptions, such as the MP7. The maps were beautiful and just overall well made. The issue with multiplayer, as is with every COD game since COD4, are the freaking hackers. Towards the middle and end of MW3s life, you had a one in five chance of entering into a game with a hacker. It's really quite annoying, and to make matters even worse, Infinity Ward just says "screw you" to us and doesn't fix it. Hackers ruined multiplayer for me.

All things considered however, I never regretted purchasing this game. I didn't buy a single DLC, because that's just stupid in the first place to pay $60 for stuff that should have already been in the game. This game is still purchasable, as not EVERY lobby contains a hacker and the singleplayer is still worth it. Disregard all of the low ratings for this game as they never gave it a chance. I've played MW3 for about 300 hours and still liked it.
  22. Sep 27, 2013
    I know this is a little late, but I think this game deserves a lower rating.
    When I first started updating Modern Warfare 3 on Steam 2 years ago, my only feeling was excitement, Modern Warfare 2 was a huge mess that did not live up to the original Modern Warfare, and I expected Modern Warfare 3 to truly be worthy of the "Modern Warfare" name. But after 2 hours of playing, my only emotion
    was sadness, the campaign is way too short, and the storyline sucks, and the multiplayer is the same big mess as Modern Warfare 2, also, the grahics look worse than Cod4, not better, I regret buying this game and I will advise you all to avoid this game. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    The graphics are awful, the campaign is boring and the game is just overly awful. Not to mention the poor optimization for the PC version.

The only people who give this game good reviews are the asskissing review sites such as IGN and Gamespot.
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    If you own MW2 and play it for the multiplayer, there is zero reason to get this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is good in its own right, but there's just no justifying MW3 being its own game. Any other game in the world, and MW3 would have been a minor content and balance patch for MW2, but here?

This is the exact sort of thing that is the cancer killing modern gaming. Instead of
    the developers waiting until they had enough new content to make an entirely new game with entirely new stuff, someone just decided that enough time had passed since MW2 to get away with making a sequel. Based on time instead of content, the developers were shoved out the door with whatever they had on hand, (which as we can see from MW3, is not much)

What has actually changed? Well, a few perks are now two perks, two perks were combined into one, and you unlock perks differently. There's a new engine, but it's only noticeable in the single player, and let's be honest, if you're getting this game just for the single player, there are better single player games out there. If you're looking for multiplayer, you're looking to spend 60 dollars to play a game you already own and unlock all your perks again.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A laughable campaign, no dedicated servers, outdated engine are just tips of the iceberg of crap that's called MW3. There's no innovation going on, everything it offers you've seen in other games. The child killing scene is just a sad attempt at stirring up controvery once more, because when your game offers nothing interesting you better kill some children to get the media going. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is an insult to gamers everywhere. It's a repackage of MW2 (a great game) for another 60 dollars. Had Activision charged 30 dollars for MW3 and called it an expansion, I wouldn't be so mad... as it stands? **** Activision.
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    Tiny maps, arcadish and twitch based gameplay, recycled textures and buildings, the same awful matchmaking system etc. But the real problem is not Activision releasing the same game every year, it's the people buying the same game year after year.
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After MW2's incredibly stupid story line, i wasn't expecting much but i was still let down... somehow. Everything is predictable, and SPOILERALERT just about everyone with a name dies, predictably and/or implausibly. each mission sends you along, you gain support which is always, ALWAYS obliterated in some fashion, nothing goes according to plan. I predicted the "twists" well in advance. They essentially take everything from MW1 and 2 that they thought worked and pasted it together. you will find yourself knocked down and crawling more times than i can count. characters die heroically for absolutely no reason, multiple times to patriotic tunes. this MW bring the times makarov kills the player up by a couple tallies too... This was purly on the single player aspect, i assume its entirely identical to MW2 in muiltiplayer Expand
  29. Dec 8, 2011
    Another time: Call of Duty made a game that is for 90% the same as it's previous ones. If you really want a good first person shooter. Then this won't be what you were searching for. The co-op gets boring after 5-10 matches.
  30. Jun 1, 2012
    "2.2It is very bad rating" That was what I thought the first time. But after having played 42 hours of MP and 45 of SP I realized that deserves that rating. MW series are based on the same game engine, but this time it seems how if I'd be playing MW2. But not at all. In fact, in this new release has issues diminished. One of those problems is when a mag is out. Reload it's something frustrating: game, audio, and visuals are not synchronized n' the time of passion in which caresses the gun after changing it is still too much. If you like run, run, and RUN! you'll have problems too, getting stuck everywhere.
    I almost forgot this little big one, that curious style of "lag" when you crash head on with another player and your character moves erratically .. . yes, I hate that.

My suggestion? Get a pirate copy, rent it, order it loaned, whatever. If u think that MW3 deserves your money above other games, GO! buy it bro, but not before 30 hours of game-play. First get the experience of what is actually MW3
  31. Jun 15, 2012
    This game was for sure a let down, compared to the previous Modern Warfare titles. The campaign was only about 5 hours long and not to mention, very low difficulty along with poorly made missions. Now special ops, isn't that "special." The missions are basically just worser versions of the Modern Warfare 2 special ops missions. The only good thing about it was "survival" mode, which is just another form of Nazi Zombies. Even with the survival the special ops is still bad. Now the multiplayer is just awful. It is just the same old, kill, rank up, unlock guns. Really, you'd think they could create a different sort of multiplayer gameplay, but no just the same stuff from previous CoD's. The gameplay is very unbalanced, because of overpowered weapons like the MP7, P90 and all that. The maps were poorly made, just flat with tons of camping spots, to help support the newbies playing the game. Along, with terrible spawning. Like you could spawn right next to an enemy and die instantly. So, if you still play any of the previous Modern Warfare titles and still enjoy them, stay away from this title until the prices drops. Expand
  32. Sep 8, 2013
    worst cod i have ever bought,and i will never pay any attention to mw,still,it is not completely bad so i give 1 score.
    if u play solo,u maybe feel moved by the campaign,yes,it just use the human weakness,hit it correctly,but not it is nice.but still,solo is worthy to have a try.so do the survival,kill time nicely,of course,i will not only say what is bad.
    multiplayer,of course,still got
    some improvements,such as the perks,kill streaks,but cod always like balanced well ,then just add bugs into it ,maybe the game maker has a unusual brain,in mw2 added grenade launchers,g18 to improve the game that already very very balanced(every gun is nice and different)
    mw3 not only add a little,it is the art of bug,i am not a artist,i am just a silly player.can not understand the art of mw3,so if i will buy cod again,will never pre-purchase,and sure,no iw or the game mw groups made,bo is not good but playable.
    if u are poor, u are lonely, u hate the world, u wanna feel u are king of ass,buy it,it will make ur illness feel better.put on the p90 and fmg akimbo,lets go and fight! for the "bright future"
  33. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is riddled with flaws and old game mechanics. Activision needs to learn that the key to keeping a game fresh is a new take on the series. -Campaign-

Modern Warfare 3's campaign offers absolutely nothing to it's players over Modern Warfare 2, and certainly nothing over Call of Duty 4. It's an extremely shallow experience that consists of nothing but scripted sequences and
    corridors. It seems like there are more times you are riding in a vehicle blasting away at people in comparison to just walking around. It's more a movie than a game. Some twists are present, but the story isn't so good to begin with so the twists are inconsequential.

-Multiplayer-

The only part of this game I consider playable. On one hand, it looks like they took a cue from Battlefield 3 - all of the weapons have an experience bar to fill. On the other hand, they didn't take much of a cue from anything else, there's no innovation with respect to actual gameplay. It's all familiar things seen in all of the other games except this time it's called Modern Warfare 3. No thanks, I'll stick to BF3 and Skyrim for my gaming needs for now.

-Graphics-

Sad. They're still running the game on old technology, and the game still looks and feels like an old game. I don't want to play a game that looks like it came out in 2007 in 2011. It's sad that Activision won't shell out the cash to license a better game engine. That might actually, you know, take considerable effort on the parts of the developers that need to rehash old code to be able to release a game every single year.

- Map Design -

It's okay. The maps don't feel much improved from MW2 or it's DLC. I don't have a favorite because they all feel about the same quality-wise.

-Overall-

3/10. I would give it a 1/10, but I did enjoy a bit of multiplayer earlier. That's not to say that the score would improve with repeated playing, I'm just saying that there was something enjoyable about the game. Given that this is the FOURTH time Activision has released the same exact game, I guess that says something. The graphics are bad, the multiplayer is uninteresting, and again, there aren't REALLY dedicated servers. Do not buy this if you are a PC gamer, it's not meant for you. Buy it on your XBOX if you just HAVE to stay up and current with the most current gaming trends. Other than that, if you didn't like the Call of Duty series up until now, you aren't going to start with this game. It's not innovative in any way.
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    Having already got Modern Warfare 2, tried MW 3 at a friends house and found no difference between Modern Warfare 3 and previous releases. It's practically took elements from COD 4 and MW2, and just edited the killstreaks and has new levels. It's not a new game at all, and does not warrant it's price tag. Same gameplay, graphics look the same, nothing unique. A total con in my opinion.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    The multiplayer on the pc in terrible. You can only level playing in matchmaking? I can understand having the lobby system to make quick matching easier, but then why include a server browser? Fail.

Graphics are old and dated. It's on the level of World at War and Black Ops. Time to stop coming out yearly and make a new engine.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Lets see.. same graphic, same models, none progress than Black Ops, MW2. It's just a DLC mappack. Singleplayer script + script, Multiplayer using a P2P connection like MW2.
    Get back my money. Don't buy it.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3..cod4 graphics..maps worst then MW 1+2..same guns..same engin..same crappy game MW3 = FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL...SHAME ON U ACTIVATION ...REALLY BIG SHAME..we were waiting for this crapy game since last year..THINK AGAIN
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is Black OIps all over again. Campaign on rails, enemies that cannot hit you, and a map design that seems to favor people being shot in the back.

MW3 is basically a 60$ map pack for BLOPS - only with really garbage killstreaks like the armor. BUYER BEWARE
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    To get right to the point. Modern Warfare 3 "IS" Modern Warfare 2.5. All the jokes and criticism you find online about the game are well founded. If this game was released by any other publisher, it would be called DLC, not a new $60 game that milks it's "blind" fanbase for all its wroth. This game is getting constantly compared to Battlefield 3, and having played both, Battlefield 3 if a far superior in many respects. Gameplay, graphics, level of detail, atmosphere, sound, all of it. Yes, MW3 has and will beat BF3 is sales, too many of the aforementioned blind faith fans of the series, most of that fan base being "kids". However BF3 win hands down in all other areas. Taking more industry awards than MW3 and being criticized by more "mature" gamers across the Internet for it pure lack of advancement.

We all understand this game is 6 years out of date, but there are just so many aspects of the game that are laughable. The same exact textures used time and time again, they did not even bother to slap a texture of a bullet in the clips when you reload. Its just blank. Now, they are begging for help from fans to try and raise the game's Meta Score. I think they need to take this to heart. This is how most real gamers feel about the game, how they feel about Activision. The game is stale at best and the Call of Duty name is more of a joke to many gamers than anything else. I find it sad that such a great series had been reduced to this.
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    I would give this game 8 normally but just because of all the cry babies who somehow thought we were promised something drastically different and new I am giving it a 10.

The game is not great but certainly not as bad as even one else is saying. For one the single player is not linear. My bet is that those who say it is just rushed through on casual and didn't actually fire a single
    bullet. Then again maybe they didn't play it all. How they tied MW2 and CoD4 together worked well it could have been better but hey truth is stranger than fiction so the strangeness works.

As for the multiplayer yes its MW2 with new weapons and some old ones (I for one am so happy to have my MP5 back) but that is exactly what I was expecting. I don't want BF3 otherwise I would go play it and not cry about a freaking game.

So the moral of the story is. What are you expecting? Something new that wasn't promised to you? Too bad go somewhere else and play something else. If you want a graphically upgraded MW2 with a great SP ending and a deep MP (not to mention great maps!) then buy this game, maybe wait awhile for the price to drop but please DON'T except things no one was promised.
  41. Nov 12, 2011
    More of the same ... not innovate anything online server is disgusting.
    The next call of dutty, we will sell it for parts by DLCs. Black ops already half done ...
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    Played ANY cod game before? then you will have seen everything on offer.
    Fan of MW1? rinse, repeat and save yourself a few quid.

Same engine, a few new weapons and perks in MP and another chapter in the story.

This would be a free content patch in a Valve game and DLC by other publishers.
    Recommend you check out BF3 tbh.
  43. Sep 18, 2012
    Modern Warfare's past success is it's own worst enemy. Similar to other big franchises MW3 leans heavily on what made the series popular, so much so that it at times can come across as uninspired. >< That's not to say there isn't still a good deal of new content, just that it's very familiar. Campaign mode, Special Ops, and Multiplayer are all pretty solid, and as a whole make for a pretty good game. >< My complaints mainly are multiplayer related. The foremost being an overall lack of balance . The pace of a typical MW3 match, regardless of game mode, or the objectives, quickly turns into and spray and pray gib-fest. Guns are terribly unbalanced as is the Perk system. It's ridiculous at how overpowered some weapons are over others. The whole pitch about "choose how you want to play based on weapon and perk choice" should have read "choose how you want to play using "this OP" type of gun and "these OP" perks or else lose". >< Another issue with multiplayer is lag. Matchmaking is a crapshoot, hosts are chosen seemingly at random, (sometimes mid-game), and players are either horribly easy or about impossible to hit because of lag. >< Finally, still not enough has been done to address aim-botting and other cheats which have been an ongoing problem for years. >< TL;DR MW3 delivers on what made the series popular but multiplayer issues hamper it's strongest selling point. Expand
  44. Dec 24, 2011
    it is just a graphical mod for the last cod... or the cod the year befor that... only 2 new features and the rest is the same. no innovation or creativity went into this game. its just an unaspiring commissional work.
  45. Jan 1, 2012
    MW3 is just like any other call of duty, when i play this game i get exact same feeling than when i have the same underpant on for a week, and that smells bad, and is sooo ****
  46. Feb 5, 2012
    Giving this game a ZERO. Not because in itself its that bad...I am effing tired of all the hackers..and the price you pay to play this game. I've heard my friends whine since MW2 about COD...I held the line until now....am UNINSTALLING this piece of crap. So angry at the lack of effort addressing the hacking issue. STOP MAKING GAME THE SAME WAY IF ON DAY ONE THE HACKS ARE RAMPANT! Steam! VAC! Wake up! Also, all the overpowered weapons and expliots. Game is over-run with noobs using the cheapest gun. COD brings out the worst in all of us. If you are selfish, cheap and noobish, CODMW3 is for you. The series has lost its purity since COD2...all these stupid perks and killstreaks. I almost quit playing CODMW2 because of all that crap...Stopping Power UMP45 silenced...I thought either I stop playing or I adjust and beat all the noobs at their own game. I adjusted...I became selfish and nooby...diong the same cheap crappy exploitive spam that everyone else was doing. I lost my integrity. by NOT playing the sequel, I get my integrity back! Expand
  47. Feb 18, 2012
    Copy and paste.
    Copy and paste.
    See, I can do it too Infinity Ward/Activision! Call of Duty 4 was an innovative, very addictive and fun game, and so are all of the call of duties after it up to Modern Warfare 3, because essentially they are all the same game, especially in multiplayer where new maps and a few new guns are the only difference. Also, with this being a new game, I'm surprised
    by the muddy visuals and drab textures/colors, even compared to past games in the series. Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2014
    Decent game and not too bad at all. That's all I can really say and it seems I have to write more than 149 words so I'll finish off this sentence now.
  49. Mar 7, 2012
    The companies definately get paid to give this high rating. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever, and i have to say, i never played Battlefield until today. Why? Because Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge let down. Too unrealistic gameplay, no matter Arcade Shooter or not. Unreal Tournament 1999 was more realistic, lol! The guns are the same from MW2, even less shall i say. The graphics are horrible, the engine on that has about 3 or 4 years old. The maps are disgusting, i could make better maps with the Black Ops Editor.. Call of Duty is now a trap for gamer kids. It's a Money machine. All they want is money, to keep making games, and they want it the easy way. People who give this a 10/10 got paid by Infinity Ward. Don't believe me? You are not a gamer. Look at PC, Intel pays people to give their products high rating, but atleast Intel has the Quality coming with it's product. Now look at this bunch of lazy Game Developpers called Infinity Ward, they failed big time. I hope one of their representative will see this. You failed! Why? For selling us a game that is so short, lacking in content, with a 3 or 4 years old Graphic engine, and the same story as Modern Warfare 2! This is basically worth 19,99$ at best brand new. I wasted money on that, but now i bought a high quality game worth to pay for called : Battlefield 3. There is also Medal of Honor (2010) which has been a very nice game. I am far from being a new gamer, i played the old MOH's, COD's, Wolfensteins and all those popular shooter, and this ain't worthy of being a game sold for 59,99 $ (MW3) ... Do not buy please. P.S: I am NOT a fan boy of any games, i am just a very ''IN'' gamer who is capable of making constructive reviews. Kids who give MW3 a 10/10 rating, please learn gaming industry aspects, and then you might be able to give the game his correct easy-earned rating (BAD rating) ... I am now playing Battlefield 3 and waiting for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. Oh, also i can tell by MW3 being unrealistic cause i'm in the army. That's an addition to a constructive review. Let this franchise die, it's what it has earned. Thanks. Infinity Ward, next time think before making such a bad game, MW2 was bad, but you beat your death timer limit with MW3. Have fun players! Expand
  50. Apr 4, 2012
    this is game is pathetic, no, almost disgusting I wonder if COD: Black Ops was also nul.J 'love this game a long time but this time it's not very convincing so I recommend you BATTLEFIELD 3 instead.
  51. May 15, 2012
    safsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw d Expand
  52. Jul 14, 2012
    I bought the game on sale. Despite the overwhelming amount of negative reviews, I thought I would give it a go since I was frustrated with BF 3 and the rampant hackers there. I lasted less than 5 minutes in an online match. BF 3 is sadly a superior product at this point. MW 3, like many have said, is just like CS or any twitch FPS. If you want depth and hackers go with BF 3. If you want arcade candy and hackers go with this. First impressions are vital and this title left me feeling like I wasted my money. Expand
  53. Nov 8, 2011
    After paying $60 on this game I went home and put it in my PS3. After a couple hours of gameplay I realized I had been ripped off! I looked in my DVD rack and grabbed a CoD game I bought 2 years ago, it looked the same but had a 2 on it instead of a 3. I then realized it is the same exact game, with a few minor tweaks. Biggest waste of money ever. Yet, there are still trolls on the internet like Destructoid's own Jimmyx Sterling getting paid big bucks to give it high review scores. Expand
  54. Nov 9, 2011
    Most expensive map pack ever made. Even looking at it as the standalone expansion that it is, its still not worth the $60 price tag. Basically you pay the usual $15 for the map pack, plus $45 for the 5 hour campaign. Yet, it will still sell millions of units. Stupid compulsive gamers.
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    The game is buggy, and boring. And paying greater than full game price for a map-pack of MW1 is a scam. I feel scammed for buying it. The graphics were good.... if this was 2003. The sounds were sub-par, the game play is the same, with no variaton...... It's basically COD Modern mappack 3. It's an overwhelmingly bad game. Disappointed to the end. Save your money and buy your missus dinner instead
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    how can be a game with this graphics a 2011 pc game??!!! activision, have to use a new graphic engine, call of duty have to evolved, and this game does´t do that....
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll give them two points for continuing their tried and true formula, but nothing more as that's all they've done here. They just put mw2 in a new box. $60 + $7/month for new maps and perks but nothing new in terms of gameplay or graphics? No thanks. Save your money folks. If you have cod4 than what's the point of this? Not a new game
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    Same crap, different disc don't buy it, if you love to waste money then here is the best game to do it and have a not fun time same multiplayer and the same crappy storyline if you actually buy this game I would think you should consider a psychologist because you canâ
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    I've been almost a COD fan when the first 4-5 titles came out, i remember playing the second which had a stunning mulitplayer and well-defined maps, then when the 4th came out i literally **** i mean, the weapons were just amazing and the gameplay unique, way different from the first or the second. And activision knew that they could use that formula again, and so they did with WAW, which wasnt anything special, but at least added something more, the "Prestige" which can be both boring for a casual player, but fun for someone who spends lots of time on that game, because it can multiply the lenght of the game (i find it kinda stupid, tbh). Same **** happened to MW2, only this time not much changed from the previous title, just different weapons... or not... i mean they all have like 0 recoil and LOADS of damage, what about black ops? Same **** OH WHAT DO WE HAVE NOW? 15 PRESTIGES? Are you nuts? But then here it comes, MW3. A game that just took mw2 and did "CTRL C - CTRL V", LITERALLY. Oh i forgot to talk about the storyline! WAR WAR WAR, [spoiler] you win and everybody is happy except ghost, roach and soap that dies. Activision got some creative minds! Expand
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    I enjoyed Black Ops but this is terribly boring and the graphics/story are aweful. I have bought and played BF3 also and I quite enjoyed rolling into the mountains of Iran and fighting in Tehran. It really had some atmosphere about it but MW3 is just recent MW games with a 3 stuck on the end. I'm glad I got mine for half price. Feel very sorry for those who shelled out $99 on Steam.
  61. Nov 26, 2011
    Can't belive that MW3 singleplayer is better thank BF3 single player? It's true. Story in MW3 is best story in FPS game's history. Graphic is very good, in first look you can't believe that's MW2 engine! Gameplay is very fast, and missions are very exciting, you want play again and again... If u want great singleplayer and nice multi buy MW3, if u want to play very exciting multiplayer and mad singleplayer - buy BF3. Expand
  62. Jan 4, 2012
    More of the same old **** that came from MW2. I admit that I have played the original MW's single player and multiplayer and found it entertaining, but this is just milking the cow to a new low as there's absolutely nothing new added in this game at all. It's more or less a huge DLC for a DLC (MW2).
  63. Feb 9, 2012
    I don't really know how they've managed it, but they've released a game with even less features than the last. I am aware that black ops and Modern warfare 3 were made by different developers, the amount of new online options that black ops introduced just makes MW3 look pretty small time. The story line in this installment is the worst of the three, a lot of it doesn't link up properly, or you're character is thrown in at the beginning of every mission via typical helicopter crash which left me pretty confused as to what was going on.

Now for the Online, I don't think I really need to go over what I said earlier about the lack of features, however it really can't be ignored, Why didn't Infinity Ward just take a page out of Treyarch's book and try to do something different with the franchise instead of just spewing out the same **** for 3 games? But seriously, I could have played the new MW3 multiplayer and thought it was a new DLC pack for MW2 if somebody told me it was.

I got this game on sale for £20, and I feel like it was £10 too much for what is essentially an expansion pack onto the last two games. I think it's laughable that the Modern Warfare Call of Duty games can even be considered a series. It is essentially an online multiplayer with a terrible and badly written story stuck on the side with blu tac. If you're looking for a fun, online multiplayer game, I'd suggest looking at Counter Strike, Team fortress 2 (free to play), or Gotham City Imposters, all cheaper and much more fun to be had.
  64. Jun 17, 2012
    This game is a copy of MW2- to top it all off, It even uses MW2's engine! I don't need to tell you what you already know, this game flat out sucks. It offers nothing original what so ever. it's overpriced DLC is ridiculous and the game itself is overpriced DLC in it's self
  65. Apr 19, 2012
    Call of duty modern warfare 3 is the military pornography at its best, makes you feel like a spec ops trying modern military gadgets and makes you feel like a soldier. Its much better then battlefield which is interesting on its own but the large areas in battlefield makes you bored pretty quickly, in close city conflicts like in mw3 you never get bored or have to travel huge distances especially in mutliplayer mode which gives you interesting feature to upgrade and earn your weapon disposal. Expand
  66. Apr 27, 2012
    More of the same, nothing but FPS garbage. This genre has single handedly destroyed gaming and turned the entire industry into one that favors "safe" shallow gameplay with good graphics instead of games that are actually enjoyable.
  67. May 3, 2012
    Here 's the thing. On the one hand there is a notable amount of effort that has gone into making this game â
  68. Jun 19, 2013
    Arguably a disappointment to the series, the multiplayer portion is all the rage in the gamers nowadays, and if you think this game wasn't that great, you would have probably stepped foot into multiplayer. The graphics haven't really improved much compared to its predecessor, and it's too common to see a World War 3 in the plot lines now. These developers need to come up with something visually outstanding and original if their content isn't going down the drain like their server connections are. Expand
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is simply a rehash. It tries to be deep and reach your emotions by decimating a young girl and her mother. The graphics look like something from 2005, and the gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means. There is literally no point in buying this game when you can experience the exact same game by playing the original Modern Warfare with the exception that that game is actually playable. They even took the same building models from the first Modern Warfare and sloppily threw it into this game. For shame. Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played through the singleplayer and enough hours of the multiplayer to get a good idea of what the game is like. The singleplayer is terrible, like all of the recent games, but with an even sillier plot. This is forgivable however - who plays this game for the singleplayer? The multiplayer... well... its the exact same thing as the previous two. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. Sure the previous games were good, but you can only play so much of it before getting bored. Infinity Ward could have at least TRIED to change things up but they didn't. And I feel ripped off for paying full price for it, something like this should be an expansion or DLC or something. It doesn't justify purchasing a new game.

Unless you really REALLY want it, just play MW2. You'll be getting the exact same experience and you'll be $60 richer.
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    Why could they not update the engine? Its really become tired. I cant be bothered to watch this cheese any more. WE WANT TO PLAY. WE WANT TO MAKE THE ACTION OUR SELVES otherwise why not just watch a film? The single player is better than bf3's TERRIBLE single player but its still below the standards we used to expect from FPS. What a disappointment.
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has shown again that you can repackage the same game under a different package and still get profit. If you have played call of duty 4 you have already played modern warfare 3. If you have already played modern warfare 2 you have played modern warfare 3. Atleast the difference from modern warfare 2 and black ops was noticable. Modern warfare 3 is just a copy paste of modern warfare 2. If you liked the other call of duty games then you will probably like this..But how long will you be rebuying the same game again ? Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    I really hope the amount of negative feedback this game has recieved so far, will put pressure on the developers to do something about this franchise for the better. The time has now come for this ship to sail and move onto something more rewarding and revolutionary, an imrpoved up to date engine would be a positive start, it's odd to see that COD are one of the fewer games out there to have such an outdated engine considering the time of age we are in now. I can understand that the devs wanted to keep the same formula and style of game because they may have not wanted to take the risk of producing something so new. Therefore potentially this would have pushed away a lot of the fans. However as ironic as it seems a lot of users have complained because of how much this game is the same as it's predecessor and for this reason I am not willing to spend £40 on something that is basically a replica/expansion map pack for MW2. Lets hope the devs learn something from this and satisfy their customers for the next installment in the COD franchise, maybe a whole new conecpt all together? Who knows. Expand
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes, this has slick voice acting and likeable characters, but in terms of gameplay, it's the same games I've bought twice before.

Maybe MW2 and MW3 should have been campaign expansion/map packs for MW1, at a percentage of the cost?!
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    2003- Call of Duty, perfect game for that time with good graphics, gameplay, AI etc. As a 13 old boy it was an ass-kick 2004- CoD United offensive i would say even better then CoD great sound, even better graphics with deadly gameplay 2005- Call of Duty 2 after Modern Warfare second best sequel of CoD series 2007- Modern Warfare uuhhhm i played it last time i think 2 weeks ago, of course best game of whole CoD series

2008- World at War passable game, but...

2009- Modern Warfare 2 its not even half as good as MW, poor campaign, pour marketing move

2011- Modern marketing ohh Warfare 3, a game which gradually loses breath. If i was again 13 then maybe, but now it really sucks.
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    This is a joke of a game, I mean...1st of all , what is up with SFX? is this supposed to be gunshots or a chopping board? and the story, if the story is no longer engaging I dare say CoD is dead, I mean BF# isn't perfect, but i did get excited when Dima and Co jumps out of the plane, that was awesome...failed to get an awesome moment in this campaign, partly due to the lack of visual and audio quality iguess,. this game is a shame to the great that was Modern Warefare 1 and the original infinity ward Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 has been released pretty close to Battlefield 3's entry into the gaming market. For this reason alone it would be the obvious thing to compare the two. However I won't be doing that as they are totally different games. Call of Duty has a more arcade style with a faster pace. Battlefield 3 focuses on the real life aspect of war, which is obviously a slower tempo but in large scale battles.

Single Player Campaign

MW3's single player campaign involves an all out war taking you to new locations in different countries such as London and Paris while switching between different characters perspectives. Some missions are a lot of fun, others you may find irritating. Controlling a gunship remotely, shooting from a speed boat, calling in bombing runs and so on are fun moments. Call of Duty games have and still remain to be linear with having to follow a set path and pretty much standing in the exact position required before the game moves forward. This is annoying to say the least. Team mates get in the way during action moments. Line up the perfect shot and you have squad mates either pushing into you, resulting in moving out of position or simply wandering in your line of fire. For the most part though they do blend in and support very well. Sometimes too well. There are moments whereby you have to follow your squad through buildings only to have them kill all the enemies on there own deeming you simply a passenger in the script set down by the creators. Some features in the single player campaign I really wish were never included in the first place. Cut scenes which give the instruction to press a specific button to win the ensuing battle or event. Miss the button/press the wrong one and you'll get mission fail and have to re-do it again. Battle through intense missions without dying and the one that gets you is press "x" now. It's unnecessary and really annoying. I have my finger on the trigger button of mouse ready to shoot and it doesn't occur to me that I need to quickly press "e" or something on the keyboard. Does it draw me into the scene and feel part of it. Absolutely not, those moments just slow the game down and ruin an otherwise impressive campaign. I had a blast with this game. Definitely one of the best single player moments I've had in a long time.

Multiplayer

There's an immediate difference compared to Black Ops and that is dedicated servers have been removed, and in it's place is the Modern Warfare 2 console like system. Join matches with random people in player hosted matches. As soon as the hosting player quits a match everyone's game is paused while the system allocates a new player as host. It's slow, annoying and takes away a lot of the fun. Dedicated servers also allowed players to customize the matches they're looking for. Like a specific map then you could find a server that continuously plays that map uninterrupted. With player hosted matches this is not possible.

"It's very challenging and a lot of fun"

Matches are pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. Weapons have changed slightly. Maps are varied, some good others not so fun. Plenty of different match-play modes from capture flags to just all out deathmatch.

An interesting addition this year is the Spec Ops Survival game mode. This is similar to Zombie mode from previous games with the twist of having waves of soldiers, dogs, attack helicopters and the like. It's very challenging and a lot of fun. Between waves of attacks your rewarded with credits which can be used to purchase new weapons, ammo or special abilities such as air support.

Graphics

Graphics are really poor on the PC version with the wrong settings. Use the settings at the bottom of this page to achieve the best graphics possible. Lighting effects are really good. Sounds

There's not a lot of realism in the sounds. Shooting from any gun doesn't give the believable sound that it could be an actual real life weapon. There's obvious room for improvement in terms of weapon sounds.

SUMMARY

The single player campaign is a really good reason to own this game. I found it so much fun, though it wasn't difficult. Completed the campaign on hardened difficulty in 5hrs 30mins. Not particularly long or challenging but a lot of fun nonetheless.
    Multiplayer follows the same formula as before. The added survival mode will have you coming back for more. Black Ops has better multiplayer maps. Modern Warfare 3 isn't the classic everyone was hoping it would be, however it is a fun game that will keep you entertained for hours.

InsidePCgaming Rating

www.insidepcgaming.com
  78. Nov 14, 2011
    I like COD 1-2,MW123 and i hate black ops. I don't understand why people hate this game. The COD is the SignglePlayer game!! SP in MW3 awesome. It can be better if game have new graphic or sound engine. And of course it can be better if game have more realism. . impossible to capture the Russian submarine and of course impossible redirect missiles. The Airplane fuel is in the wings....and more stupid things Expand
  79. Dec 25, 2011
    This game should have been called Recycled Warfare 3, or Copy Pasta 3. Campaign of this game is copy paste buildings of COD4. Multiplayer is a copy paste of COD4+MW2. Spawns are ridiculous, and Spec Ops isnt even fun. The HUD, weapons and sounds are copy paste of MW2. If you want to CUT and paste your money on this ridiculous game, go for it. Otherwise get COD4, the only COD game which is worth playing. To the millions of people buying and supporting this game, congratulations, you guys are the ones that make these devs get millions of dollars while they just copy paste. And I guess you want more, right? Expand
  80. Jan 4, 2012
    MW3 is a great game, I really enjoy the always fast pasted gameplay CoD has given to us. It runs great on PC, and the graphics are better than I thought it would be. Multiplayer is the best in MW3 the new leveling and killstreak system really makes the game alot more fun! Spec Ops survival mode is awesome, and Campaign is O.K. So overall MW3 is a great game, I highly recommend that you buy it.
  81. Mar 8, 2012
    WHAT THE F*** WERE THEY THINKING - This is a game I will openly admit to pirating, I downloaded this game off the internet without paying *gasp* why? because... copy/paste of modern warfare 2. they bought back dedicated servers for the pc in black ops along with zombies. zombies are the only reason I purchased black ops, the story was interesting but ultimately redundant when you enter the multiplayer only to hear people arguing over who has the bigger **** because they got a 360 noscope. To a point this is funny but its in EVERY cod game, you simply don't get this in battlefied because there are filtered voice channels to cut out the bs HINT HINT...... this is more a map pack than a new game, I may have considered buying this if it was an addon for mw2 for like $10 as I own mw2 (only for the fact that I can't re-sell my cd key) Expand
  82. Mar 19, 2012
    All this game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with a 3 on the end of it. The story is utterly horrible (Half of the missions and buildings look like they are from MW2 and CoD 4, which is pretty sad). The multiplayer is also rigged, cheaters still, and horrible dedicated servers, which most of them have retarted mods or something like that. Do not buy this game at all. Stick with BF3, or just play CoD4. The game has no value.
    Like I said with CoD Black Ops, I wouldn't even buy this if it got on the 99 cent display at some store because Activision got really pissed off that it got a low score. I hope the CoD series will be discontinued after the release of Black Ops 2, which will probably also be a complete failure, compared to the other games in the series like WaW, MW2, Black Ops, and MW3.
    Good Bye Call of Duty. You will not be missed by PC gamers, but possibly Console gamers who think your game are not a total rip off and are actually a good price.
  83. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. b3st videyo gaem ever!!!!!11!1!!1!!!11!

Why do i have to seriously have one hundred and fifty characters in order to write this review, as it it is obviously the best game ever... /sarcasm off
  84. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rate 10 because I got paid $60 to buy the game. Never played it, but I'm "sure" it's a great game. Whatever you think, you can "trust" me.. =) DON'T BUY IT.... Expand
  85. Sep 28, 2012
    The reviewers and metacritic were paid off to make MW3 look good. First of all, the "User score distribution" doesn't even show the ratings. See how it says 0, 0, 0? Blatant bribing. This game is nowhere near "99% Perfection," the graphics are the exact same as MW2, if not worse. The game just looks bland and dull, nothing about it is fun. It brings nothing new to the table but 3 killstreak modes.. and what else? I'm 1st prestige on the multiplayer. I've put 40 hours into this game, and I deeply regret it. It's brought me nothing but rage. Expand
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    The only thing I can see slightly good about this game is some of the typical action in the campaign, even then the graphics are the same as mw2, if not worse. There is nothing new in this game, the "new" maps are boring, the multiplayer is the same as mw2 and it uses matchmaking. Crap low res textures, Anti aliasing does not appear to work in this game either. It is an overhyped game that gets old in 5 minutes and was not worth my money. There are better FPS games to be played out there, Black ops is better, BF3 is better etc etc Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    Disappointing on all fronts. It's a reskin of a 2 year old game with a multiplayer map pack and different singleplayer that's riddled with stupidity and cliches in bulk while still being insanely short

I don't understand how Activision gets away with doing this to people. I understand it's fun to some gamers and they like the series and that's fine, but just throwing money at something
    because it's fun is selfish and they need to tell Activision with their wallets they're tired of getting ripped off every year. Expand
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    This game was a huge waste of money. Do yourself a favour and save your $60 for Bethesda's Skyrim. That game is actually worth the money, and won't let you down like this one. As of November 8th, the first day of release, this game has a 1.4 User Score. 14%, people. The critics haven't reviewed it yet, but I'm betting that because they're all over the COD series dick, it'll get at least an 80%. That's a damn shame, because then people will actually go and buy it. I'm hoping most people just pirate this game. It's not worth buying. It's garbage. Expand
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    Doesn't have the graphics of BF3, but it has everything else: polished gameplay, enjoyable weapon balance, gun on gun emphasis, the adrenaline rush, and STEAM INTEGRATION. bf3 multiplayer runs in a BROWSER WINDOW, you think we like that? NO! MW3 wins this round, sorry fan-boy army.
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    First to start of to say this, how in gods name can a PC version get a lover critics review that the console version they both suck the same...Activision i truly hope that u go under in utter shame..

On the game front OMFG this one is even more idiotic then MW2, i just can t get it how the hell could they make a worse story line then mw2. How can u make a worse level that the one in mw2
    airport when u kill 1000 ppl no cameras in the airport to see that it is actually Makarov killing them and to make things even worse u chase a F... bullet to Brazil. On that idiocy of a premise the story line just picks up in mw3 "find Makarov and u will en the war" what stupidity what idiocy this is only i mean only u can call me a biggit here mean for over stupid fat retarded Americans, Europeans can not eat this crap. As for the game play itself this goes to AC CHANGE THE F... ENGINE ALREADY THIS ONE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, it is outdated buggy and makes so much **** on crossfire and sli platforms.The maps are so poorly made that i on the hardest difficulty just started to run forward just to passed them so i can finish the game which in the end i did in a day and i was happy for once in my loong loong gaming career over 15 years, that it is a short campaign. The games storyline as i sad only for stupid retarded Americans (not all). It makes no sense it has no potency no memorable characters to which u can relate in fact just don t listen to it. DON T BUY THIS GAME IT IS NOT WORTH 60 DOLLARS OR EUROS i was and idiot who bought it thinking that this game will fix mw2 idiocy IT DOES NOT. Expand
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty MW3: does remember that video games are for fun, where the action and pace of the game does that you lose track of time. Everything is not graphics, in my opinion, the unbridled fun is the essence of video games, is the essence of call of duty
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game. Cut and paste of mw2. It is so bad, don't even try it out. Barely anything has changed and it sucks. It is just a $60 dollar expansion pack. Huge disappointment on the pc.
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    Nothing new. It should have been a free dlc to the first game of the series. Don't get me wrong. Call of duty is a fine shooter, but there is nothing to be excited about what we get with this release.
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    The reason i wont rate this higher then a 4 is that its not a game, its like alot of ppl say an overpriced mappack. One thing that realy anoys me with mw3 is all the junk and stuff lying around everywhere to "prevent camping" when it does the oposite thing, it gives campers even more spots to hide. All i can do now is hope that the next game in the series gets a new engine and more focus on the PC version. Expand
  95. Feb 18, 2012
    Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!!Ceaters!!!!! Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Better than its predecessor.

I especially enjoyed the mission called 'No Russian', where you'd destroy an entire airport. That was fun.

Huh? That wasn't in this game? Oh, that was MW2? There's no difference. Whatsoever. Don't even bother wasting your money on this, go play MW or MW2 instead.
  97. Dec 19, 2011
    Want play this game? Just buy MW2. It's really a complete rehash and Im not being a troll. It's unbeliavable how Activision manages to sell a game so sh*t. Pass this game, seriously.
  98. Jan 11, 2012
    your just paying 60$ for some new maps,another game mode,and a new campaign..............................................................................................................................................
  99. Nov 19, 2012
    This game's so bad, and it's a down grade with every aspect. The old graphics were better so was the sound, gameplay's clunky and the map design's are bad.
  100. Feb 11, 2013
    Como si de una nueva entrega de una saga cinematográfica de acción se tratara, el Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 continua la historia desde el final de la segunda entrega. Acción pura narrada al más puro estilo de Hollywood, encantara a cualquier que le gustará alguna de las entregas anteriores o el Battlefield 3 (con el que comparte muchas cosas).

A parte de la historia, un multijugador
    muy adictivo que hace que las horas se pasen volando mapa tras mapa. Recomendable 100% para los fans de género. Expand

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012