2.4

1. Feb 25, 2012
    Yet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. SameYet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. Same old crap, even worse than before. Expand
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    A lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up theA lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up the obsolete content in MW3 are dedicated servers and modding support. Overall this game isn't worth the $60 price tag with additional cost on future DLC. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    I enjoyed the single player campaign but it was very very short.
  4. BMF
    Nov 10, 2011
    How about you make a new game someday instead of rearranging CoD4 over and over with new box art to make a quick buck. Modders and unpaid map makers do more work then your terrible cash grab of a company and this is what you get for spitting in your consumers faces... a metascore of 1.7. Maybe your console zombies will finaly realise they have been being duped every year and stopHow about you make a new game someday instead of rearranging CoD4 over and over with new box art to make a quick buck. Modders and unpaid map makers do more work then your terrible cash grab of a company and this is what you get for spitting in your consumers faces... a metascore of 1.7. Maybe your console zombies will finaly realise they have been being duped every year and stop supporting this $60 map pack garbage you call a full release! Im sure CoD MW 4 is already on the way with its token one feature change and new box art but I think I speak for all the intelligent people out there when I say take the whole franchise and stick it up your greedy corporate asses! Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Ya I played this game already. Last year. Campaign is super short and predictable with enemies spawning non-stop until you move up to check points. Multiplayer is ok, but is just too much twitch shooting for me. BF3 single player might be equally ridiculous, but at least the multiplayer is solid.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Almost identical to MW2, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Activision released a game with slight tweaks and calls it a new game, I don't understand why the hell "professional" reviewers are giving it anything other than a 1 or a 2
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    A map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALLA map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALL UNRANKED. In order to advance your character and grab the carrots dangling in your face, you must use the same broken P2P system that consoles use. Locked FOV, locked framerate, and tons of other bugs create the exact same experience PC players had with MW2. Hitscan, instant bullet travel time, along with locked FOV, ensures that the game will never require skill. It is a game for people who don't play video games, and it is an absolute insult to the hard work and innovation of other developers. It is essentially the Family Guy of FPS. Instant gratification for low IQ morons who think they know something. I am by no means a Battlefield fanboy, and I am disappointed in the "sequel" that is BF3, but at least it tried to innovate in all areas of the game. I have a number of problems with BF3, but it is still an infinitely superior game to this pile of dog****. If you plan on buying one or the other, I would highly recommend BF3, regardless of your platform of choice. Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    I was willing to give IW the benefit of the doubt in their claims that the game was vastly improved, and the new features breathed new life into the game.. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't help but feel like the game I'm playing would be better labeled an expansion pack for MW2, or just MW2.5 at best. IW seems to content now to rehash the same thing year after yearI was willing to give IW the benefit of the doubt in their claims that the game was vastly improved, and the new features breathed new life into the game.. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't help but feel like the game I'm playing would be better labeled an expansion pack for MW2, or just MW2.5 at best. IW seems to content now to rehash the same thing year after year without really aiming to do anything new. Such a shame to see this happen to a once great series. Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    The singleplayer is ok, they have improved it a little bit but the campaign is still very short (6 hours) and the multiplayer is just a joke. I hate the feel of it, and everything is just unbalanced such as the spawn points, weapon damage, and so on. The only thing I really enjoyed was the survival and challenges. But thats it.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    Stop rating the innovation. Now stop comparing bf3 to MW3 (cause are different styles of cames [arcade, realistic]). Ok, now the game deserves 9. Its funny. The game is the most played game in PSN, LIVE and steam (losing only to elder scrolls 5), and got THIS amout of negative reviews. too many haters?
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    Since few years they dont bring any new. Its so boring so old and only shows how they respct players to cheat them and steal money. They treat us worser then idiots and they think we will buy all crap what they bring. Even xbox users rating it so badly what means they have killed series for ever. great job!
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    It's the same old **** over and over again. If you've played MW1, MW2 or Black Ops you've played this one too. The graphics are starting to get dated as there's been no update to the engine at all, making many of the textures at close range simply look downright bad. On top of this the game lacks attention to detail. The multiplayer is still the same thing redone again, and not reallyIt's the same old **** over and over again. If you've played MW1, MW2 or Black Ops you've played this one too. The graphics are starting to get dated as there's been no update to the engine at all, making many of the textures at close range simply look downright bad. On top of this the game lacks attention to detail. The multiplayer is still the same thing redone again, and not really improved upon. One can argue it's more balanced, but c'mon, it's an FPS. It's about how well you aim, and how your twitch reflexes are. It's not like there's one single gun that simply overperforms. For 60 euro, I think this is practically trying to milk the cow so hard that it will now die on itself. The campaign, of course, is still a 4 hour long Michael Bay movie with terrible writing and characters you don't give a flying **** about.

Bad game. Developers need to start gearing up and not release the same game AGAIN every year, 'cause we've had enough of this.
  13. Nov 14, 2011
    Here's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having moreHere's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having more fun revisiting the original Modern Warfare than I am with this thing. Save your money. Expand
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    Game had such high expectations. I atleast expected to enjoy it. Campaign is fun but forgettable. spec ops is fun but cheap. the Multiplayer is FAIL. **** maps. **** gameplay. gfx fail. sound design fail. just its a solid piece of **** well back to BF3 even though that game had a flakey campaign atleast the multiplayer of that one rocks.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Refuse to fund anymore Activision games. Played my flat mates copy, just what I thought. Just an expensive map pack. Doesn't deserve any of the high scores some critics are giving it. I'm glad some have the balls to call it like they see it.
  16. May 6, 2012
    I finished the single player campaign of this game the same day I bought it. I don't mind short campaigns if they are fun, but this is very short and boring.
    The game is so heavily scripted it makes it obvious that Infinity Ward is out of ideas in terms of innovative gameplay. They use scripted events as fillers, and on top of that they manage to lack imagination in that field as well. How many times can we enjoy a scene where we get knocked down with the ears ringing and the blurry vision? Sure the part on the boat was awesome but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. For most of the campaign the player has to follow other characters, other than that it's pretty much "Do this! Go there!".
    I really do understand that the focus of this game is online but the game fails to be impressive and innovative on that side as well. I still give this game a 5 for the graphics and the input responsiveness but sadly Call of Duty has not evolved since Modern Warfare 1.
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    I thought it was impossible to screw further the MW series after MW2. Oh boy, was I wrong. MW3 doesn't even look like MW2, it looks uglier. It takes skill to mess up a game like that. Hell, even the music from the lobby is a cheap ass soundtrack from a 70thies Chuck Norris movie. Really, Zero as score is still overestimating. Pathetic.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible. same old same old garbage. wake up players. I bought this title with the intention of getting a game that was worth $60. Turns out that it was just a waste of money.
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    3 hour campaign with lots of breaks... nuff said considering the price. play tribes: ascend when it's out, the cbt destroys this "complete" game for half the price.

Oh and I don't play BF3 so all the fanboy spazzes, you can rest easy. Price to value ratio, this game is triple-bunk. Shoulda spent the marketing campaign funds on a single player campaign, remember when they didn't used to just be tutorials but actual stories? Wait til its 3$ on steam sale one lonely afternoon in the next few months.
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    MW1 was great, MW 2 a bit less great, and MW3 a bit less great. Still a nice game if you've never played MW before. This is more of a nice expansion to MW2 really. Not worth the full game's price or title.
  21. Nov 9, 2011
    Overall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some newOverall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some new perks and maps. More of the same so many will likeit.

Over all i dont think this was worth £40, it feels more like a map-pack and new scenario.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    This if nothing else met my expectations to the letter. It has the same old formulaic and improbable single player with the action movie feel, I would imagine would be fresh and enjoyable to someone new to the franchise. But to the veterans out there it much like bf3's single player just leaves the player going through the same motions to the point of numbness. Serviceable but notThis if nothing else met my expectations to the letter. It has the same old formulaic and improbable single player with the action movie feel, I would imagine would be fresh and enjoyable to someone new to the franchise. But to the veterans out there it much like bf3's single player just leaves the player going through the same motions to the point of numbness. Serviceable but not memorable.
    The multilayer too suffers from the feeling of deja vu. The game is still meat grinder completely lacking in anything more than the most basic teamwork mechanics. It's still the twitch shooter with the tiny maps and instant death weapons. It has the kill streaks and they are just as annoying as they were in cod4 and mw2. As a bonus the graphics look as they were four years ago. The bottom line is that mw3 is a 60 dollar expansion pack. If you want to fork over 60 dollars for the same thing , go right ahead , at the very least the stuff that is there is slightly more refined. but if you are short of money or even just want to save up for other games , then just go back mw2 or black ops your wallet will thank you.
  23. Jan 16, 2012
    The single-player that was once innovative and memorable is now banal and repetitive. None of the moments in Modern Warfare 3 will be as eternal as when you first sneaked by enemy gaurds with Cpt. McMillan or when you first took controls of the guns behind an AC-130. While it's still fun and well-polished, it lacks the excitement "edge-of-your-seat" excitement of Black Ops. Furthermore,The single-player that was once innovative and memorable is now banal and repetitive. None of the moments in Modern Warfare 3 will be as eternal as when you first sneaked by enemy gaurds with Cpt. McMillan or when you first took controls of the guns behind an AC-130. While it's still fun and well-polished, it lacks the excitement "edge-of-your-seat" excitement of Black Ops. Furthermore, none of the multiplayer improvements in Black Ops like character customization or creative game modes make a return in multiplayer. However, the new Survival mode is a blast to play with a friend, as you level up and buy weapons and killstreaks as the game goes on. This instills an excellent feeling of progression that most survival modes lack. However, Survival mode is only playable with two people, which is a shame considering how much more fun the game would be with four. Overall this game is definitely not worth the $60 price tag, but if you've got a friend who you'd like to blast AI buddies with, maybe pick it up after a price drop. If you're looking for a better multiplayer mode however, you won't find much here that's better than Black Ops, likely worse. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with some of the criticism offered by some users. Yes, MW3 doesn't feel like a new game: it's more like an expansion pack for MW2. Yes, the graphics don't look that great for a game released in 2011. Yes, the gameplay is not innovative, but this is not necessarily a bad thing: both MW2 and its carbon copy MW3 have great gameplay. I have only 2 issues with MW3: 1) US$ 60 for a MW2 expansion pack (i.e., MW3) is a rip-off, and 2) despite of my system configuration (I7-2600, GTX-580, 8GB RAM, Creative Labs Titanium discrete audio card, 25Mbps/25Mbps broadband), the game lags too much when I happen to be the host (MW2 had the same problem due to P2P). These are the only 2 reasons for me to give it a 7 out of 10. Another thing: If IW ever releases a paid Elite service for PC, just pass - it's not worth 50 bucks. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll give them two points for continuing their tried and true formula, but nothing more as that's all they've done here. They just put mw2 in a new box. $60 + $7/month for new maps and perks but nothing new in terms of gameplay or graphics? No thanks. Save your money folks. If you have cod4 than what's the point of this? Not a new game
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    No ranked dedicated servers, IWNET, 12 year old tech, no vehicles in MP, small maps....essentially the same game as COD4 just prettier. If you played BlackOps, MW2 and World At War...this is just a revision. Not worth the $60. Recommend nobody buys it. IW and Activision need to try harder if they want our dollars. They know what PC gamers want but they refuse to give it to us. If you loveNo ranked dedicated servers, IWNET, 12 year old tech, no vehicles in MP, small maps....essentially the same game as COD4 just prettier. If you played BlackOps, MW2 and World At War...this is just a revision. Not worth the $60. Recommend nobody buys it. IW and Activision need to try harder if they want our dollars. They know what PC gamers want but they refuse to give it to us. If you love COD then by all means buy it...don't come pollute Battlefield with your noobishness. Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, we know, the graphics are dated! And yes, they may be a downgrade. But once you get past the fact that this game isn't nearly as spectacular to look at as BF3, you realize that this is a really good game.

For starters, the campaign feels like MW2, but it has much better storytelling that is reminiscent of CoD4 (though that might be due to all the CoD4 characters and scenes that return). There are numerous references back to the first two games, and if you didn't play them, you might be a little lost, but they never go overboard with references to the point that those who never played those games would hate the story. Overall, once you get past the first couple of levels (which aren't that great), it is pretty much five hours (not three hours--unless you play on Recruit or seriously rush it) of great enjoyment. Yes, it's linear, but I'm assuming anyone who has any knowledge of CoD would know that before reading a review.

When it comes to the Spec-Ops, this is definitely the best co-op in CoD to date. The survival mode is a lot more interesting than zombies, and while there's nothing sci-fi about it, you will face a more diverse group of enemies and have a little more to play with. Missions are pretty much the same as Spec-Ops in MW2 with some of them almost being taken directly from the MW2 ones (and one being nearly identical to "Mile High Club" from CoD4). You also can level up and unlock more stuff to use in the Survival mode.

The multiplayer, as you would expect, is sort of CoD4 meets MW2. Granted, at this point, it is too early to tell how many exploits there will be, but the game has definitely been balanced in comparison to MW2 (knifing and explosives aren't nearly as skill-less, but they also are still effective). It still lacks the level of teamwork of BF3, but that may improve as people learn more about the maps. The good news is that the horrendous lag of Black Ops did not carry over to this game, and while IWNet certainly has its issues, it feels almost refreshing in comparison to BO's ridiculous server issues. It isn't perfect and it is probably the worst feature of the game, but it isn't game breaking either.

But in the end, this is CoD, and it is definitely catered to the Modern Warfare crowd particularly. If you've enjoyed Call of Duty in the past, this is definitely worth your $60. Sure it has its issues, it probably will never be better than CoD4, and it probably won't take up as much time as previous CoD games have recently (with BF3 having just released and Skyrim coming in a few days). But as a whole, this is a fun game and a great refresher after MW2 and BO were so disappointing.
  28. Nov 18, 2011
    mw3 is really similar to previous call of duty games, but the multiplayer is really addictive. if the developers changed it too much it wouldn't feel right, cod is easy to play for the very reason that each time a new version comes out, there is very little new to learn. There's a new call of duty each year and all you really need is a little variety with new maps, guns and perks. If itmw3 is really similar to previous call of duty games, but the multiplayer is really addictive. if the developers changed it too much it wouldn't feel right, cod is easy to play for the very reason that each time a new version comes out, there is very little new to learn. There's a new call of duty each year and all you really need is a little variety with new maps, guns and perks. If it isn't broken, why change it? These game developers work really hard to make these games fun, exciting and accessible for new and experienced gamers, I think they deserve a little praise for their efforts. Bashing a game on the internet is quite a popular pastime for some internet users, the same criticism happened with the pc version of modern warfare 2, and the pc version of black ops was also berated. The people who actually gave mw3 bad reviews are probably playing it hours every day anyway, they just won't admit it. matchmaking on pc mw3 is a welcome relief from all the rules and regulations of dedicated servers, crouch only, no claymores, no aug, no grenade launchers, only the one map that keeps repeating, etc. why not get a life and let me play the game as the developer intended. looking forward to mw4. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    Tiny maps, arcadish and twitch based gameplay, recycled textures and buildings, the same awful matchmaking system etc. But the real problem is not Activision releasing the same game every year, it's the people buying the same game year after year.
  30. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Better than its predecessor.

I especially enjoyed the mission called 'No Russian', where you'd destroy an entire airport. That was fun.

Huh? That wasn't in this game? Oh, that was MW2? There's no difference. Whatsoever. Don't even bother wasting your money on this, go play MW or MW2 instead.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    Oh No! COD4 again! Same Multiplayer Again! This is like a DLC! Same multiplayer with new maps only!
    Nothing new and Black Ops is light years better!
    Please Activision.. Fix This! This is a shame!
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Why do I have such a low score? I wanted to give it as high of a score as Modern Warfare 2 (since I thought I was playing that exact game), but when I realized it was not MW2, I had to give it a low score. But in all seriousness, Modern Warfare 3, the third in the series, is direct downgrade from MW2. It's even worse than Black Ops. I cannot believe just how terrible it is compared toWhy do I have such a low score? I wanted to give it as high of a score as Modern Warfare 2 (since I thought I was playing that exact game), but when I realized it was not MW2, I had to give it a low score. But in all seriousness, Modern Warfare 3, the third in the series, is direct downgrade from MW2. It's even worse than Black Ops. I cannot believe just how terrible it is compared to Battlefield 3, or any other Call of Duty game out there. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    I have bought but I was regretted it absolutely. It's a big disappointment.
    I'm not talikng about graphics because we know its almost a 10 years old engine but the game mechanics overall nothing new. Small maps no chance to put some tactical elements everybody just run and jump like a mad bunny. For me its a modern brainless quake, so its a shame. I have a feeling I have been sold.
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    I would give this game 8 normally but just because of all the cry babies who somehow thought we were promised something drastically different and new I am giving it a 10.

The game is not great but certainly not as bad as even one else is saying. For one the single player is not linear. My bet is that those who say it is just rushed through on casual and didn't actually fire a single bullet. Then again maybe they didn't play it all. How they tied MW2 and CoD4 together worked well it could have been better but hey truth is stranger than fiction so the strangeness works.

As for the multiplayer yes its MW2 with new weapons and some old ones (I for one am so happy to have my MP5 back) but that is exactly what I was expecting. I don't want BF3 otherwise I would go play it and not cry about a freaking game.

So the moral of the story is. What are you expecting? Something new that wasn't promised to you? Too bad go somewhere else and play something else. If you want a graphically upgraded MW2 with a great SP ending and a deep MP (not to mention great maps!) then buy this game, maybe wait awhile for the price to drop but please DON'T except things no one was promised.
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is exactly what I expected - nothing new or surprising. I had hoped that there would be some 'wow' factor or that the developers would at least master a concept that Counter Strike (circa 1999) had mastered - mainly that players wouldn't get killed by spraying players after ducking behind a solid wall (ex_interp 0). Don't get confused... shooting bullets into a wall with a playerThis game is exactly what I expected - nothing new or surprising. I had hoped that there would be some 'wow' factor or that the developers would at least master a concept that Counter Strike (circa 1999) had mastered - mainly that players wouldn't get killed by spraying players after ducking behind a solid wall (ex_interp 0). Don't get confused... shooting bullets into a wall with a player behind should do damage based on whether the wall is brick (no dmg) or wood (~70%). But getting killed by a player who you lost line of sight on 5 seconds ago is pathetic. Congratulations to Activision in combination with Sledgehammer, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward (you know, the fake one activision filled out after booting West and Zampella) for making me feel stupid for giving COD a 2nd chance after the blunder that was Black Ops. Won't happen again. Expand
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't buy Skyrim and CODMW3 together, or you'll wind up playing this for 30 minutes and getting bored as hell, and Skyrim for 8 hours and have a blast.
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 is the most addicting, balanced, and content-packed CoD yet. Some haters ignorantly say it's just MW2.5, but MW3 is truly a complete sequel that combines all new content with an updated and improved version of MW2's core gameplay. Hence, MW3 is the kind of sequel that gives you even more of what you love and enough clever new things to make you fall in love with it in its own right.MW3 is the most addicting, balanced, and content-packed CoD yet. Some haters ignorantly say it's just MW2.5, but MW3 is truly a complete sequel that combines all new content with an updated and improved version of MW2's core gameplay. Hence, MW3 is the kind of sequel that gives you even more of what you love and enough clever new things to make you fall in love with it in its own right. ++++ If you loved MW2, MW3 will feel like embracing an old companion, who's been genetically enhanced to be friendlier, better looking, smarter, and simply more awesome than ever before. ++++ I rate games based on "fun", and MW3 is a very good time. So how can I not be very pleased with a game that provides me with 200+ hours of enjoyment? Score: 9.5 rounded to 10. Expand
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    I was originally waiting until Christmas to play this and but was given it as an early present and I must say it is easily the best of the series... unlike its predecessor, the multiplayer is now finely balanced and the stupid fun of the solo campaign has been taken to new heights and in a game fun should always be taken into consideration unlike certain other po-faced FPS 'battles'. ToI was originally waiting until Christmas to play this and but was given it as an early present and I must say it is easily the best of the series... unlike its predecessor, the multiplayer is now finely balanced and the stupid fun of the solo campaign has been taken to new heights and in a game fun should always be taken into consideration unlike certain other po-faced FPS 'battles'. To top it off is the vastly improved Spec Ops co-op that is now fine-tuned to be an equally enjoyable solo experience to the campaign with Survival discovering how to balance solo and co-op where Zombies et al could not.
    People may argue that the game runs on an old engine but briefly ignoring the fact that this is a very nice-looking game with a silky smooth 60FPS: since when have engines been the be-all and end-all of a game's success... Ocarina of Time 3D is still one of the best games of the year despite running on an engine from a decade ago so that cant be a detrimental factor to MW3.....
    The highlight of the series and the most fun I've had with an FPS since Portal 2 (and there have been many in between you'll all note) :)
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    Well , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , butWell , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , but they are unranked so you cant level. o and they told us this 2 days before release when i already ordered mine and payed.So they just lied to steal my money for a game i hate. I normally like IW's call of duty game play , but this is the worse cod ever! The perks suck , match making even worse then in mw2 , cant get my nat of strict no matter what , even turn of my rooter firewall and windows. Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2011
    If you are a fan of fast-paced shooters, and/or enjoyed MW2, you'll like this game. Haters gonna hate, but the fact is that the Call of Duty franchise does not make GOOD games, they make FUN games, which is why I play games.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    The only statement or what is has confirmed is the absolute lack of reliability professional game reviewers hold. A social commentary, of the degradation of the human race. The reason PC gamers judge call of duty so harshly and more than console gamers is the fact that they're is just countless games on the PC that provide actual quality entertainment unlike COD.
  42. Jul 19, 2012
    This used to be a really enjoyable shooter series. Now the only remotely use it has left for sane individuals is a reminder on what marketing does to the quality of games thanks to greedy publishers. Way to go Activision. I can only truly hope that you people will never figure out how to repopulate.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    This entire game is basically a patch that they are charging $60 not even $50 for. Exact same graphics, exact same game, new maps and a couple enhancements. I can't wait for the DLC to come out that they will charge $15 while in development of the second DLC that wille add maps from previous games and a couple new unlocks. Complete waste of money. What happened the CoD games of late, Cod2,This entire game is basically a patch that they are charging $60 not even $50 for. Exact same graphics, exact same game, new maps and a couple enhancements. I can't wait for the DLC to come out that they will charge $15 while in development of the second DLC that wille add maps from previous games and a couple new unlocks. Complete waste of money. What happened the CoD games of late, Cod2, cod1 or vcod, even cod4. This franchise is its bastard child with blood money dripping from its fangs. Expand
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    I'll be frank, I'm a fan of the series. I really like that Activision brought fps war gaming out of WWII and into something that hits a little closer to home. The third instalment has a nice little wrap up to the story, albeit a tad predictable (I honestly think the first MW's story was the better). The co-op is a little tired but the survival mode is fun enough. However, I am once againI'll be frank, I'm a fan of the series. I really like that Activision brought fps war gaming out of WWII and into something that hits a little closer to home. The third instalment has a nice little wrap up to the story, albeit a tad predictable (I honestly think the first MW's story was the better). The co-op is a little tired but the survival mode is fun enough. However, I am once again let down by the major flaw in multiplayer, something called IWNet. Living in Australia with its **** internet, client-side hosting is the worst possible thing you can do to PC users here. It turns what would be quite an excellent and engaging multiplayer experience into a highly irritating and frustrating lag-fest, where you appear to be knifing an enemy in front of you, but in reality he was 5 metres away and shot you in the face. Over and over again. Yes there are dedicated servers this time around but, insultingly, they are unranked, which completely drains the attraction of levelling your skills and unlocking new weapons and abilities. It does get plusses for the inclusion of support pointstreaks and weapon levelling which are great ideas. Long story short: disappointing.

PS: After reading some of the positive reviews from this and the other platforms, two things: anything bad to say about the game does not a 10 out of 10 make; and anyone who rages about the so called "BF3 Fanboys", your reviews are as much of a fail as theirs may be. For the record, I have played BF3 and it's fine but I don't like it a heck of a lot.
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    I am so glad all of you naive suckers went out and purchased this game so you could give me some feedback to base my decision on. Here I am playing COD4 (which I purchased after MW2) and I still play MW2. I cannot sell Black Ops for nothing as I will never play it again. Thankfully all of you fools convinced me to not purchase this one either! I knew that none of you complainers wouldI am so glad all of you naive suckers went out and purchased this game so you could give me some feedback to base my decision on. Here I am playing COD4 (which I purchased after MW2) and I still play MW2. I cannot sell Black Ops for nothing as I will never play it again. Thankfully all of you fools convinced me to not purchase this one either! I knew that none of you complainers would sit it out for a week or two and prove to Activision that their lack of concern for the Gamer and mainly PC player is next to nothing. They only care about your money! I have plenty but it won't go to purchasing this game. HA HA! You are all WEAK! Keep up the great work! Expand
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    If you are new to the call of duty this is a fantastic game, 5 years of gradual improvements have led to the most refined iteration of the series, although the graphics are somewhat lacking in to comparison to battlefield 3, they are perfectly adequate for the smaller indoor settings with are synonymous with call of duty. multiplayer offers many improvements over the previous modernIf you are new to the call of duty this is a fantastic game, 5 years of gradual improvements have led to the most refined iteration of the series, although the graphics are somewhat lacking in to comparison to battlefield 3, they are perfectly adequate for the smaller indoor settings with are synonymous with call of duty. multiplayer offers many improvements over the previous modern warfare including the return of dedicated servers and even LAN support which is becoming rarer and rarer in modern PC games, the improvements to the kill-streak system are great and overall the game feels more fluid then past call of duty's. singleplayer follows the same formula that has been successful in the past games, and while the story isn't a masterpiece it is defiantly fun and the fast paced scripted campaign is well refined. spec ops returns and once again it includes a great variety of missions in which there is some very well designed 2 player coop, survival mode is also enjoyable but gets boring pretty fast. whether this game is worth buying or not will depend, technically the game is not a huge improvement on previous call of duty's and if you have modern warfare 2, you will probably find it hard to justify the $100us (in Australia) buying price on steam which is quiet frankly ridiculous. but if you are new to the series i would recommend this game as it offers the most refined version of what is, technically a very decent first person shooter. Expand
  47. Apr 29, 2012
    Its the same old tired game. Why call it a new game or even throwing away the title "cal of duty" unless has some form of insult to previous developers.
    MW3 is a another map expansion to MW2. In fact, if they would have released it as a map expansion less people would've had called it crap.
    And watch the imbalanced scores between those who write about games and those who play them.
  48. Nov 8, 2011
    Another disapointment. It plays just like all the past modern warfare games and looks just like them too. So why am I paying $60 for a game that feels,looks, and plays just like all the others, I really don't know I bought into the hype again and was wanting a good fps to play after being let down with BF3 but this didn't work for me either. P2P ranked servers among other performanceAnother disapointment. It plays just like all the past modern warfare games and looks just like them too. So why am I paying $60 for a game that feels,looks, and plays just like all the others, I really don't know I bought into the hype again and was wanting a good fps to play after being let down with BF3 but this didn't work for me either. P2P ranked servers among other performance issues have ruined playing COD games on PC for me. The arcade feel to the game had gotten old and nothing is changing here. The story is short and disapointing and multiplayer is a mess with cheaters going rampant. My last Activision game and last COD game ever won't be getting this again. Hopefully CS:GO can revieve my love for fps games cause right now I am disapointed. Expand
  49. Dec 20, 2011
    first off. Since MW2 my love for call of duty has gone downhill, but when i was told by many people how good MW3 was, i just had t ogo and get it. and to my complete and utter surprise, i found it was actually quite good. the single player was tight, bug free and apart from the COD 4 story, was wonderful, bringing back some amazing moments.
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched that, and it would be a bit bias as i know i will be rubbish at it.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 feels slicker than MW2 and nearly all 16 maps are great, the new games modes add some freshness to the series and they're enjoyable to play with friends. MW3 feels like a fixed version of MW2 and that's not a bad thing, but the price should have reflected that, £40 for a glorified expansion is a little much. The main negative right now are once again the matchmaking on PC,MW3 feels slicker than MW2 and nearly all 16 maps are great, the new games modes add some freshness to the series and they're enjoyable to play with friends. MW3 feels like a fixed version of MW2 and that's not a bad thing, but the price should have reflected that, £40 for a glorified expansion is a little much. The main negative right now are once again the matchmaking on PC, it still picks bad hosts and it still puts me with foreigners instead of other Brits. Matchmaking with dedicated servers would be perfect, like what is used in Left 4 Dead. Another problem is hackers, I've only seen a few but there's no way to report them like their is on console. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll start off with technical problems:
    *Activision claims you get dedicated servers back, only you don't.
    You can only get unlocks on p2p matchmaking servers (which is not upto pc -or any for that matter- standard). *It runs horribly on hd48xx cards (which are more than capable enough to run a game like this) despite the mp maps someone looking worse than those in mw2. Black ops had this
    I'll start off with technical problems:
    *Activision claims you get dedicated servers back, only you don't.
    Black ops had this same problem and it was NEVER fixed, don't count on it.
    *p2p by its very nature makes for a worthless multiplayer 'experience', hit detection is off AND delayed because of it.
    *tiny field of view which is unforgiveable for a pc game and there is no way to change it.
    Even if you don't know what this is, you should care it's a big deal.

Now for gameplay issues:
    -Maps are tiny and the spawn system (which is always bad in cod games) does not know how to deal with that.
    -field of view turns it into a horse blinders crapshoot
    -rock paper scissors perks/weapons and killstreaks really have no place in a pseudo competitive shooter.
    -weapons still have no recoil which especially on pc is ridiculous, laser guns are no fun, there is NO learning curve for the gunplay in this game, just point and click.
    Shooters are normally all about this learning curve, for shame!

General :
    -Animations, sound, graphics are not up to standard for a 2011 game
    -AGAIN no mod tools! shameful since the early cod games upto mw1 and even world at war had those
    -pathetic unlock / point / filling bars carrot to make up for a lack of interesting gameplay and variation, remove the carrot and this game wouldn't be half as popular, this is a FACT.
    -bloom, blur, browngrey unicolor is so 2005
    -community is trash, as always in call of duty games
    -looks and feels like every cod game since the first one, only now the damage was doubled so that changed (for the worse, did not think that was even possible).

Cod started off as a shameless medal of honor allied assault clone, but at least it was decent at it at first, after mw1 the series has regressed in both quality and effort on part of the developent teams (teams that change more often than a pregnant woman changes her mood)

Even on fan sites you hear mw3 refered to as 'the latest SEASON in call of duty', if that doesn't give you a clue of how bad it is getting milked then I don't know what to tell you.

My biggest gripe: Every single change in the game could have been a patch for mw2, and WOULD have been a patch if the game were made 10 years ago.

People are finally starting to catch up to this and it shows in the user scores.
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    It is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still bestIt is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still best firefights in industry in multiplayer. Once again: deal with it. Technically old and no new innovations, but as a game at a whole and in complex MW3 is the best shooter ever. No one could achieve these today - make a game whole at these degree. From a start to the end, from a design to the pace. IW do what they can do best. But next time they better do it brand new way. Expand
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The worst game in history os games

activision killed COD in MW2.

This game is a very bad copy and past of COD4, is a terribe game, this game is sick in all aspects
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is far from perfect. However, I don't think it's as bad as the average user score here. It is nothing more than a more polished version of Modern Warfare 2. It has everything to love from MW2, the fantastic and exciting single player, and the fast-paced multiplayer with the removal of a lot of the more annoying perks. A few negatives though. It is surely not worth the $60 priceThis game is far from perfect. However, I don't think it's as bad as the average user score here. It is nothing more than a more polished version of Modern Warfare 2. It has everything to love from MW2, the fantastic and exciting single player, and the fast-paced multiplayer with the removal of a lot of the more annoying perks. A few negatives though. It is surely not worth the $60 price tag if you already own MW2, and the graphics were showing their age in MW2, and now they look downright terrible. I do find it impossible to compare this game to Battlefield 3, because the two games are completely different styles. (I own both.) This game is your average CoD game, fun because of how easy it is to pick up, and the singleplayer is exciting and intense. If MW2 had never existed, this game would definitely be worth the $60, but just as basically a map pack for MW2, it still has room to stand on it's own and is pretty enjoyable in my opinion. Expand
  55. Feb 9, 2012
    A series of games that has gone down hill fast since 1 and 2, with the aim of getting as much money as they can out of the gaming community. Except this time hardly anything has changed. You are playing absolute top price for a game that is just rewashed, lazy and not up to par with any video game of the time. Whether you can blame the developers for this or not is debatable consideringA series of games that has gone down hill fast since 1 and 2, with the aim of getting as much money as they can out of the gaming community. Except this time hardly anything has changed. You are playing absolute top price for a game that is just rewashed, lazy and not up to par with any video game of the time. Whether you can blame the developers for this or not is debatable considering people will buy the Call of Duty series no matter how bad it is, so I guess it isn't in their interest to put any work into the game. The PC version of this game is much much worse, being a bad port, no dedicated servers STILL (learned nothing) and no adjustable field of view options. It is debatable to say that this is better than Black Ops, another horrible game, but it doesn't exactly matter. Personally I wish the series would just hurry up and die, it is a horrid insult to any gamer. Expand
  56. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. b3st videyo gaem ever!!!!!11!1!!1!!!11!

Why do i have to seriously have one hundred and fifty characters in order to write this review, as it it is obviously the best game ever... /sarcasm off
  57. Feb 11, 2013
    Como si de una nueva entrega de una saga cinematográfica de acción se tratara, el Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 continua la historia desde el final de la segunda entrega. Acción pura narrada al más puro estilo de Hollywood, encantara a cualquier que le gustará alguna de las entregas anteriores o el Battlefield 3 (con el que comparte muchas cosas).

A parte de la historia, un multijugador

A parte de la historia, un multijugador muy adictivo que hace que las horas se pasen volando mapa tras mapa. Recomendable 100% para los fans de género.
  58. Nov 9, 2011
    The game was awful, full of cliche. The boring save the USA/Western civilization stuff.
    The Story line is even worse than a world war simulation on youtube.
    The gameplay is okay, but getting bored with QTEs. And it's getting old, this game not added anything new to the Call of Duty legacy....
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    None of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, whichNone of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but hardly worth the price of a full game. Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Downrating to 1 to balancing out the ****storm of console gamers bombarding the PC REVIEW AREA. You dont need to copy/paste your 360 review. We PC Gamers have a whole set of issues beyond what you have, dont artificially inflate it. I lost my whole post before, but long story short, problems with the game: Lies about dedicated servers; horrible console port that is painfully obvious; UsingDownrating to 1 to balancing out the ****storm of console gamers bombarding the PC REVIEW AREA. You dont need to copy/paste your 360 review. We PC Gamers have a whole set of issues beyond what you have, dont artificially inflate it. I lost my whole post before, but long story short, problems with the game: Lies about dedicated servers; horrible console port that is painfully obvious; Using VAC as anti-cheat (should have used PunkBuster like MW1); No CoD Elite. I think that sums up my earlier post. Activision has lied to us point blank about so many things, PC gamers! Its time we take action and stop letting them fleece us for money. I would have returned my preorder, but I loaded the MW1 copy I got for free, and I got stuck with it. Expand
  61. Nov 9, 2011
    I love how all of the Battlefield 3 fanboys get on here to trash MW3. Quit acting like its the same game being released because its not. The game has lots of new features and the same addicting gameplay that helps it to beat the battlefield series year in year out.
  62. Sep 18, 2012
    Modern Warfare's past success is it's own worst enemy. Similar to other big franchises MW3 leans heavily on what made the series popular, so much so that it at times can come across as uninspired. >< That's not to say there isn't still a good deal of new content, just that it's very familiar. Campaign mode, Special Ops, and Multiplayer are all pretty solid, and as a whole make for a prettyModern Warfare's past success is it's own worst enemy. Similar to other big franchises MW3 leans heavily on what made the series popular, so much so that it at times can come across as uninspired. >< That's not to say there isn't still a good deal of new content, just that it's very familiar. Campaign mode, Special Ops, and Multiplayer are all pretty solid, and as a whole make for a pretty good game. >< My complaints mainly are multiplayer related. The foremost being an overall lack of balance . The pace of a typical MW3 match, regardless of game mode, or the objectives, quickly turns into and spray and pray gib-fest. Guns are terribly unbalanced as is the Perk system. It's ridiculous at how overpowered some weapons are over others. The whole pitch about "choose how you want to play based on weapon and perk choice" should have read "choose how you want to play using "this OP" type of gun and "these OP" perks or else lose". >< Another issue with multiplayer is lag. Matchmaking is a crapshoot, hosts are chosen seemingly at random, (sometimes mid-game), and players are either horribly easy or about impossible to hit because of lag. >< Finally, still not enough has been done to address aim-botting and other cheats which have been an ongoing problem for years. >< TL;DR MW3 delivers on what made the series popular but multiplayer issues hamper it's strongest selling point. Collapse
  63. Nov 12, 2011
    I've been almost a COD fan when the first 4-5 titles came out, i remember playing the second which had a stunning mulitplayer and well-defined maps, then when the 4th came out i literally **** i mean, the weapons were just amazing and the gameplay unique, way different from the first or the second. And activision knew that they could use that formula again, and so they did with WAW, whichI've been almost a COD fan when the first 4-5 titles came out, i remember playing the second which had a stunning mulitplayer and well-defined maps, then when the 4th came out i literally **** i mean, the weapons were just amazing and the gameplay unique, way different from the first or the second. And activision knew that they could use that formula again, and so they did with WAW, which wasnt anything special, but at least added something more, the "Prestige" which can be both boring for a casual player, but fun for someone who spends lots of time on that game, because it can multiply the lenght of the game (i find it kinda stupid, tbh). Same **** happened to MW2, only this time not much changed from the previous title, just different weapons... or not... i mean they all have like 0 recoil and LOADS of damage, what about black ops? Same **** OH WHAT DO WE HAVE NOW? 15 PRESTIGES? Are you nuts? But then here it comes, MW3. A game that just took mw2 and did "CTRL C - CTRL V", LITERALLY. Oh i forgot to talk about the storyline! WAR WAR WAR, [spoiler] you win and everybody is happy except ghost, roach and soap that dies. Activision got some creative minds! Expand
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    Well... this game is really only fun if you're trolling. i had no fun with the gameplay at all. this game rewards camping it is really bad. same stuff as we have seen before.
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Not so bad as people are saying... With the financial security they have could be a lot better though. I think the engine should be different from the mw2 but it´s almost the same with only minor changes. The story is great!
  66. Nov 13, 2011
    This is rdiculous. Plain and simple.This game is nothing more than a $60 mediocre map pack. The graphics are low key and dull and the audio is pathetic. I wasn't sure if i was shooting a sniper rifle or a pellet gun. The gameplay is exactly what it has been for the last three years, the campain is short and dry, and the online is nothig more than MW2 with new maps. Overall veryThis is rdiculous. Plain and simple.This game is nothing more than a $60 mediocre map pack. The graphics are low key and dull and the audio is pathetic. I wasn't sure if i was shooting a sniper rifle or a pellet gun. The gameplay is exactly what it has been for the last three years, the campain is short and dry, and the online is nothig more than MW2 with new maps. Overall very disappointing, a perfect example of taking hat used to be a good franchise and running it into the ground. How does this manage to appeal to the millions who buy it? Expand
  67. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interestingFirst off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interesting addition though it does feel like more of an expansion of MW2 than an entirely new game (and the brief single player certainly doesn't warrant the additional cost). The number of maps included with the game was certainly a pleasant surprise.

If you've never played a MW game before, you certainly can't go wrong with MW3 but you might be better off picking up the original MW/CoD4 as it is (in my opinion) the best game in the series so far.

Activision need to avoid driving this series into the ground (like they have with other titles) and take a couple of years off. Spend some time listening to the players and come back with some fresh ideas for the next MW game.
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is so bad. A direct port of MW2, and no good improvements.

MAPS ARE TOO SMALL!

Laggy hosts. Dedicated servers are unranked only. Console locked. Game is complete BS.

MAPS ARE TOO SMALL!

Waste of $60! Complete waste! Activision should be sued! This game is copy & pasted so much, the error messages reference MW2!!!!!!

Pathetic!
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    To get right to the point. Modern Warfare 3 "IS" Modern Warfare 2.5. All the jokes and criticism you find online about the game are well founded. If this game was released by any other publisher, it would be called DLC, not a new $60 game that milks it's "blind" fanbase for all its wroth. This game is getting constantly compared to Battlefield 3, and having played both, Battlefield 3 if aTo get right to the point. Modern Warfare 3 "IS" Modern Warfare 2.5. All the jokes and criticism you find online about the game are well founded. If this game was released by any other publisher, it would be called DLC, not a new $60 game that milks it's "blind" fanbase for all its wroth. This game is getting constantly compared to Battlefield 3, and having played both, Battlefield 3 if a far superior in many respects. Gameplay, graphics, level of detail, atmosphere, sound, all of it. Yes, MW3 has and will beat BF3 is sales, too many of the aforementioned blind faith fans of the series, most of that fan base being "kids". However BF3 win hands down in all other areas. Taking more industry awards than MW3 and being criticized by more "mature" gamers across the Internet for it pure lack of advancement.

We all understand this game is 6 years out of date, but there are just so many aspects of the game that are laughable. The same exact textures used time and time again, they did not even bother to slap a texture of a bullet in the clips when you reload. Its just blank. Now, they are begging for help from fans to try and raise the game's Meta Score. I think they need to take this to heart. This is how most real gamers feel about the game, how they feel about Activision. The game is stale at best and the Call of Duty name is more of a joke to many gamers than anything else. I find it sad that such a great series had been reduced to this.
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    the devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny howthe devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny how forums and places like this are full of hatred toward the game but it broke sales records and surpasses bf3s sales as well. theres a reason for that, people who like the game are not here commenting but playing and enjoying the game right now! Expand
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    Why could they not update the engine? Its really become tired. I cant be bothered to watch this cheese any more. WE WANT TO PLAY. WE WANT TO MAKE THE ACTION OUR SELVES otherwise why not just watch a film? The single player is better than bf3's TERRIBLE single player but its still below the standards we used to expect from FPS. What a disappointment.
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    Video game critics are no longer video game critics. They are video game salesman.
    That's all they do, give good games below average scores and bad games excellent scores.
  73. Mar 5, 2013
    It looks and plays pretty much EXACTLY the same as 2009's Modern Warfare 2, even the menus, sound effects, and buildings have been recycled from MW2. I feel extremely disappointed, the campaign and single player were shorter and barely better than MW2. Do not fall for the hype for this game, this game should have been a 15 dollar expansion for MW2, charging 60 for this should be a crime.
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    At this point, CoD is a measure of the success of a popular formula and great PR, that somehow remains undiminished even after a nearly identical (re) release year after year. What's it bringing to the table?

Do you guys remember when FPS games used to have to bring something new each year? Doom 2 had the double-barrel shotgun, Quake2/3 had single/multiplayer, Unreal Tournament added mission-based deathamtch, then ragdoll physics, then awesome vehicle modes, even Halo tries to add some new and interesting weapons and vehicles at each outting.

What does CoD give us? A rather high price tag, and if past releases are any indication, map packs that are old content re-released for a premium.
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing new, gameplay like CoD MW2, the weapons-aiming is poor, the gameplay is poor, a lot of cheaters are on the maps, the maps ar very small and you need no skill for playing the game, you must clikck around the corner and you have a hit!!! No chance for the game!!! i like to say that the game was a very bad joke from publisher!!! No more time playing CoD, and was a Fan of it before!!!
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    I like COD 1-2,MW123 and i hate black ops. I don't understand why people hate this game. The COD is the SignglePlayer game!! SP in MW3 awesome. It can be better if game have new graphic or sound engine. And of course it can be better if game have more realism. . impossible to capture the Russian submarine and of course impossible redirect missiles. The Airplane fuel is in the wings....andI like COD 1-2,MW123 and i hate black ops. I don't understand why people hate this game. The COD is the SignglePlayer game!! SP in MW3 awesome. It can be better if game have new graphic or sound engine. And of course it can be better if game have more realism. . impossible to capture the Russian submarine and of course impossible redirect missiles. The Airplane fuel is in the wings....and more stupid things Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2011
    @GlenSchofield asked his followers to come here and give a proper review to this game so here goes.

Modern Warfare 3 is what I consider to be the Fifa of shooters, however, despite this being a disgusting cut and paste of Modern Warfare 2 they have neglected to fix the problems that everyone brought up during the previous games. This game is a blatant cash grab, the single player lasted

This game is a blatant cash grab, the single player lasted around three hours, of that about half were cut scenes trying to get the person to really feel some kind of emotion but just seemed to create nothing but cheesy scenes that make the consumer laugh. They pulled off a 'shock campaign' in MW2 and they attempted to do it again, I'm sorry activision, controversy only gets you so far when you're putting out a reused game.

The most depressing part about this game however is the fact it sold well, it sold ridiculously well which when it comes down to it, is all that matters.

Activision will learn nothing from this, will neglect to read the reviews, and next year put out the exact same product with a different name next year to rake in the money.
  78. Nov 9, 2011
    Most expensive map pack ever made. Even looking at it as the standalone expansion that it is, its still not worth the $60 price tag. Basically you pay the usual $15 for the map pack, plus $45 for the 5 hour campaign. Yet, it will still sell millions of units. Stupid compulsive gamers.
  79. Jan 28, 2012
    Yet another great and innovative title from the brilliant minds at Infinity Ward! A totally immersive and cinematic single player campaign with a top notch, skill-intensive multiplayer that guarantees hours of mind-blowing fun! The leveling system is addictive and adds TONS of replay value to what has to be the game of the year 2011!! Not to mention the upcoming DLC map packs that willYet another great and innovative title from the brilliant minds at Infinity Ward! A totally immersive and cinematic single player campaign with a top notch, skill-intensive multiplayer that guarantees hours of mind-blowing fun! The leveling system is addictive and adds TONS of replay value to what has to be the game of the year 2011!! Not to mention the upcoming DLC map packs that will ensure the game stays fresh and exciting for months to come! I don't think there is any way Treyarch can top this going into 2012, but knowing Call of Duty I bet anything is possible! Expand
  80. Nov 22, 2011
    I didn't even buy BF 3 as planned, for some obvious reasons, but lets just say Origin to keep me from going on a rant. But BF3 being bad aside, this, this isn't even a PC game, it's a console port that was supposed to have dedicated servers. And it does, but it for un ranked. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking, but it certainly isn't to make good games. Gameplay wise, it's theI didn't even buy BF 3 as planned, for some obvious reasons, but lets just say Origin to keep me from going on a rant. But BF3 being bad aside, this, this isn't even a PC game, it's a console port that was supposed to have dedicated servers. And it does, but it for un ranked. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking, but it certainly isn't to make good games. Gameplay wise, it's the same as MW2, which was liek COD4 but with a bunch of stupid gimmicks. Save your money, rent for your PS3/360/Wii, but don't get for PC, please. Expand
  81. Nov 8, 2011
    it's **** horrible that kotick wants to pander to his teenage penisless slow in their minds fanbase with grimdark themes like killing off a kid in front of them, kids should play recettear not this garbage
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    This game sucks and activision knows it. Gave it a 0 because it is obvious activision employees are trying to boost the critic score, this POS needs to go.
  83. Nov 9, 2011
    What a piece of ****
    It's just a copy Of MW2!
    Same graphics,same extremely outdated engine,almost the same multiplayer,short and lame singleplayer.
    The console peasants might be pleased with this but i am not!
  84. Nov 8, 2011
    It has the exact same game play as it's predecessors, why are they remaking the same game over and over again with a different name? Not fun, and not worth your money.
  85. Ras
    Nov 10, 2011
    This game sucks balls. Literally MW2.5, they even rehashed buildings from MW1 which came out 5 years ago! Talk about that laziness. The engine is pretty old now, so the graphkics isn't that good. The gameplay is the same same same same **** from COD4. BUT it still sell well, why? Because idiots will be idiots.
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a piece of s**t made for console kids who want to make a 50 killstreak. In PC is even worse than consoles because you can't change anything, we have no servers, etc. DON'T BUY it Expand
  87. Nov 9, 2011
    Oh dear god why... The only reason I even played this was to know how the story ended, and the story wasn't even good. This is WORSE than the last one.
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A laughable campaign, no dedicated servers, outdated engine are just tips of the iceberg of crap that's called MW3. There's no innovation going on, everything it offers you've seen in other games. The child killing scene is just a sad attempt at stirring up controvery once more, because when your game offers nothing interesting you better kill some children to get the media going. Expand
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    It's nice to see PC gamers give this the lowest score compared to 360 and PS3 gamers. You will notice that the ratings correlate with the general maturity of the platform users .
    I give this a 0, there's no innovation here. With all the money they have been raking in, they're doing nothing but releasing map packs while other developers are creating whole new games.
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    I bought this game for improved MW2 multiplayer, however I found that:
    a) maps are too small comparing to MW2 and are too "connected". This bloodbath is quickly getting bored without some big maps for sniping or long range relief.
    I bought this game for improved MW2 multiplayer, however I found that:
    b) they introduced lag compensation which sucks monkey balls! If you have 5 bars connection, and you are host - you are screwed because of the some kind prediction game engine is doing for bad connection players. To play this game you need to run torrents in the background!
    c) shotguns were nerfed beyond recognition. They added so much recoil to them so it just make sense to use knife instead. In overall this is not improvement, it is more like reduction of MW2 multiplayer fun.
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    I have seen people in other user reviews claiming that the cause of the low score is BF3 fanboys coming over to "bash" MW3. This is quite simply not the case. I, for one, never even played Battlefield and have enjoyed my CoDs. I'm also not a troll, as my account name and one other review on this site will testify to. However, that doesn't change the fact that I still believe that MW3 fullyI have seen people in other user reviews claiming that the cause of the low score is BF3 fanboys coming over to "bash" MW3. This is quite simply not the case. I, for one, never even played Battlefield and have enjoyed my CoDs. I'm also not a troll, as my account name and one other review on this site will testify to. However, that doesn't change the fact that I still believe that MW3 fully deserves its low score after having played through most of the campaign and a number of MP matches. Now, let's get the obvious out of the way - the campaign is extremely generic, boring, mindnumbingly linear, handholds you and lets you spend half the time in predetermined cutscenes where you can't control your character at all; to summarize, negligible and entirely forgettable. This is hardly surprising, because even as a CoD fan I acknowledge that the campaigns have always been the series' weakest point by far - at least the MW games, anyway (I know some people like to bash the entire series for this, but personally I enjoyed the Black Ops campaign due to the Cold War setting). The real strength of CoD has always been in its multiplayer. However, this time around the multiplayer offers no significant changes and literally no innovation from the previous iterations in the series. The changes made to the multiplayer are mostly just balance fixes to the flawed MW2 metagame that just as easily could've been fixed with a 50mb patch to that title. The new killstreak system allows you to stack killstreaks through death, further contributing to the sheer dumbness of the multiplayer experience and detracting from any notion of self-preservation or team-oriented gameplay that was left. Personally I don't care much about graphics, so I won't go into detail about them, just say that it's a very blatant console port and leave it at that. Frankly we've reached a point where the developers just churn out annual assembly line CoD releases that offer literally nothing new beyond being a glorified map pack / expansion to the previous iteration, yet still have the nerve to charge full retail price for it, as if this minimal effort somehow warrants a full price tag. Basically, CoD has devolved into the blatant fan-milking that was previously reserved to sports games. I was left with a disgusting taste in my mouth after realising I had contributed to making this business model of theirs a success by purchasing on day one, and I'll be trying to sell my copy of the game to someone who doesn't own it yet, to make sure that there's at least one less game sold. I'm thoroughly disappointed at hte blatant disregard for their consumers and lack of desire to change their game in any meaningful way. Moreover, I'm disappointed in the players for letting them get away with it. Most of all, I'm disappointed in the gaming press for selling out and writing positive reviews for this game due to getting early copies when they bash other games for lack of innovation, which this game obviously suffers immensely from. Not worth the $60 price tag. Perhaps some time, once it goes on sale... Oh wait, I forgot, CoD titles always remain at full retail price until the next release in the series. Cash cow, and all that. My bad. Expand
  92. Nov 9, 2011
    Having already got Modern Warfare 2, tried MW 3 at a friends house and found no difference between Modern Warfare 3 and previous releases. It's practically took elements from COD 4 and MW2, and just edited the killstreaks and has new levels. It's not a new game at all, and does not warrant it's price tag. Same gameplay, graphics look the same, nothing unique. A total con in my opinion.
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    What isn't wrong with this game? Everything everyone is saying is true. The campaign is short, the graphics are terrible, and overall it just seems like a poorly done console port. On budget cards that are able to run Crysis 2 on medium to high butter smooth, this game stutters like the kid from billy madison, and all the while the textures look like something from 2004. Especially theWhat isn't wrong with this game? Everything everyone is saying is true. The campaign is short, the graphics are terrible, and overall it just seems like a poorly done console port. On budget cards that are able to run Crysis 2 on medium to high butter smooth, this game stutters like the kid from billy madison, and all the while the textures look like something from 2004. Especially the foliage! God the jagged foliage!

Honestly the only thing that was good about this game was the story. Honestly it was like watching a movie, with some gameplay sprinkled in. Over the top and ridiculous, but amusing for me at least.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for theirActivision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for their customers. This hasn`t bitten them yet, seeing as a lot of COD-players are very, very young. Too young to stand up and say "I will no longer let myself be milked dry like a cow. I will no longer let this company ruin gaming by repackaging the same game over and over again, therefore being a bad example for the rest". And even when the fans are a bit older, they still have ridiculously low standards, considering they like replaying the same broken game, over and over, paying 60 Dollars every year.

Because of this greediness and laziness, COD MW3 deserves a 0, but I`ll give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games 1 point for the effort.
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Yet again rate " professional critics " this game very high while we consumers , in general , think it sucks. These reviewers have lost all perspective and insight in what their readers think and expect . The argument now by "professional reviewers" is that "fans"of BF3 are posting negative comments . I am 35 year old consumer who buys games and am no fan of any corporate entity orYet again rate " professional critics " this game very high while we consumers , in general , think it sucks. These reviewers have lost all perspective and insight in what their readers think and expect . The argument now by "professional reviewers" is that "fans"of BF3 are posting negative comments . I am 35 year old consumer who buys games and am no fan of any corporate entity or product. If the games are good they get a high score, if they suck they get a low score. I think that counts for most reviewers here as we just want to keep others from spending 60 bucks on a bad product . A computer game is not like buying another product. WE find out after we already paid that we got screwed Expand
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since itsModern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since its similar to what you're used to. Once you hit level 20 you can pick the Specialist Strike Package. This has no killstreaks. Instead the more kills you get,the more perks you get. I recommend this for only the most expert of players. This package has no deathstreaks so making a comeback will be especially difficult. There are 2 new modes in the game that are really cool. Kill Confirmed is basically Team Deathmatch but you have to pick up these dogtags to confirm the kills. You can also pick up your own dog tag and deny the other teams kills. Team Defender is a fun twist on Capture the Flag. In Team defender the objective is to play keep away with the flag. The longer you have it the more points you get. If you play with your friends and have a strategy you will have a good chance of dominating. Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    When it crashes it says "modern warfare 2 has stopped working," so the game deserves a 0 because actually it doesn't exist!

There's day 1 hackers as well, so is the code wasn't different enough from MW2 to not have script kiddies breaking it in a couple of hours. The game also suffers from a severe lack of dinosaurs (0 dinosaurs means a 0 score, are you even trying Infinity Ward?
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the exact same or worse graphically than its predecessor in the modern warfare series. On top of this, the game play is unchanged barring a few small things such as a few perks being taken out. People that buy this game year in and year out are really deluded if they find that this is somehow new, its almost like buying madden year in and year out, activision would never beThis game is the exact same or worse graphically than its predecessor in the modern warfare series. On top of this, the game play is unchanged barring a few small things such as a few perks being taken out. People that buy this game year in and year out are really deluded if they find that this is somehow new, its almost like buying madden year in and year out, activision would never be able to make money if they didn't get lucky with CoD 4. Since then they have just rode the success of it, and the fact that CoD has little kids as a fan base who cant tell the difference. EA should be commended for making a much better and amazing game in Battlefield 3. Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2011
    The most overhyped piece of trash I've ever played. Every Call of Duty game has been identical since 2007. The developers make very little effort to make the games exciting and this is no exception. If you already have MW2 or any other COD game for that matter, you certainly don't need this. There's absolutely nothing new on offer. Avoid like the plague.
  100. Sep 18, 2012

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012