8.5

1. IvanV.
    Oct 31, 2003
    This game does not even touch MOHAA. I could not stop laughing at the comical graphics and movement in this piece of .....That is until I remember I wasted $50 on it. The players in the game literally look like crazed midgets on speed. The bodies are totally out of proportion...swelled heads and short legs LOL. Even worse the players move around like they are on a combination of steroids This game does not even touch MOHAA. I could not stop laughing at the comical graphics and movement in this piece of .....That is until I remember I wasted $50 on it. The players in the game literally look like crazed midgets on speed. The bodies are totally out of proportion...swelled heads and short legs LOL. Even worse the players move around like they are on a combination of steroids and speed. I thought I was in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and all the Umpa Lumpas went mad and started killing everyone. Oh, and talk about crappy sound. Every sound in the game is one dimensional. Don't buy into the hype...this game is garbage. I really wanted a better version of MOHAA, but this is a joke. Expand
  2. May 14, 2012
    Single player is rubbish.
    Multiplayer is rubbish.
    Graphics for 2003 game: oh my god how bad they are. Half life 2 and Doom 3 came half year later, look their graphics.
    So: sp 2/10 mp 2/10 graphics: 1/10 sound 2/10 musics 5/10
    Sorry CoD fans.
  3. JCE
    Apr 20, 2004
    The game is LINEAR LINEAR LINEAR...you buddies will literally hang in doorways until you walk through....the enemy AI is dumb as dirt....their locations are SCRIPTED...dont believe me ? In the DAM wait and look -no enemies come....go down the stairs and they "appear there" which, unless they transported there would be impossible...don't believe it....do it again and again..... The game is LINEAR LINEAR LINEAR...you buddies will literally hang in doorways until you walk through....the enemy AI is dumb as dirt....their locations are SCRIPTED...dont believe me ? In the DAM wait and look -no enemies come....go down the stairs and they "appear there" which, unless they transported there would be impossible...don't believe it....do it again and again..... Graphics are nice... Sound is loud Game is WAY too linear... Operation Flashpoint/Ghost Recon are both superior and Americas Army online kicks a$$ compared to this......and that's an ok game...but it's FREE and has a new release soon. Expand
  4. Chuluungombo
    Oct 10, 2004
    I still dont believe i paid 50 bucks for this crap, players look out of proportion/short legs, huge heads/,and run like crazy rabbits, SP scripted to death,damn u cant even open doors,u have to wait until someone comes over.Stalingrad mission is just ripoff from pseudohistorical movie" Enemy at the gate", almost simple walk from point A to point B, AI so dumb takes over cheating and I still dont believe i paid 50 bucks for this crap, players look out of proportion/short legs, huge heads/,and run like crazy rabbits, SP scripted to death,damn u cant even open doors,u have to wait until someone comes over.Stalingrad mission is just ripoff from pseudohistorical movie" Enemy at the gate", almost simple walk from point A to point B, AI so dumb takes over cheating and suddenly appears from nowhere.MP suck,unless u r one of those newbies running amok with machinegun. Dont buy this game,trust me it's rubbish. Expand
  5. RogerDodger
    May 6, 2004
    What a piece of crap! This game never worked on gaming P/C (Athalon 2500+ ATI 9200, 1GB RAM, 80GB W/D). Contacted Activision for support and never replied. Called, put on hold then hung up on TWICE. Don't waste your time.
  6. Mike
    Aug 2, 2005
    In all honesty, I can't see what all the fuss is about. For the most part, it feels almost precisely like any old arcade shooter.
  7. AnonymousMC
    Feb 22, 2004
    After further online play I'd have to revise my score and give it a 4. If the multiplayer wasn't so horrible and nasty, and the singleplayer hadn't been so extreemly short, it would have scored higher. People who like WWII FPSs would do MUCH better to go out and buy Battlefield 1942.

1. However, taking away all the glamour, polish and hype this title has, what you’ll be presented with is rather linear game with fairly limited replay ability. We did however find the single player campaigns surprisingly short.
  2. Call of Duty is going to turn heads. It looks amazing, the action is fierce, and the multiplayer game is balanced, with plenty of diverse settings. [Jan 2004, p.58]
    The most intensive war action first person shooter combat title yet. I have not played a single-player experience that is as immersive and intense as the one in Call of Duty.