7.1

1. Jan 26, 2014
    The idea is good, but too simple as a simulator.
    You can disassemble Just drive system, many parts have been omitted.
    It is only possible to repeat simple puzzles again and again without a story.
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    Buy Car Mechanic Simulator

I think this is best way to start my review i have played my fair share of simulators on and off Steam and Car Mechanic Simulator is one i have been craving for very long time i have been around and working on cars since 12 years old so i have good knowledge of cars and there workings. First appearance of the game when we start up is clean and simple which
    Buy Car Mechanic Simulator

First appearance of the game when we start up is clean and simple which are good but some option need to be added which they will in upcoming patch.

We start career mode and get under way graphics are good for simulator maybe little heavy on the reflection nice chrome texture we get first job you have job sheet which gives you rough idea what issue maybe and you need to find and fix this issue in start this can be little tricky but there are some things you can use to help make game play easier with high lighted parts etc

Controls are very nice and smooth once setup feel great no major issues

Test drive mode is low on scale but does help in sourcing the issues same with the scanner etc

mission do slowly get harder and harder but for some people they might find it repetitive but i liked it its not to hard so some one with no car knowledge could play it

It took me around 20 hours to complete the game which is good for simulator and developers have been more than helpful when facing an issue and im looking forward to DLC and possible 2015 version its a game which as lots of space to grow and become bigger i hope the developers run with that and build on what they have.

Some people wont like the game and some will and for what the game is the price is right

my rating is 10/10
  3. Jan 26, 2014
    10/10 can simulate working on cars. This is the best car simulator of its kind I have seen be done. I like how it resembles what it's like to work as a mechanic.
  4. Jan 26, 2014
    trés bon jeux simple quelle fois tres dure par moment en plus il n y a pas de fin . graphique son trés bon possible de burne avec les voiture . un petit jeux a acheter tres sympas pour ma part
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    You get to use one tool which you can use to remove all the parts on the car. There is close to no variation when it comes to the tasks, the cars, the layouts. So far all the cars are fwd, all petrol, the engine sounds are the same. This is not even close to gearheads garage as someone else pointed out. For gods sake look at Automation if you want realism, and thats an indie title inYou get to use one tool which you can use to remove all the parts on the car. There is close to no variation when it comes to the tasks, the cars, the layouts. So far all the cars are fwd, all petrol, the engine sounds are the same. This is not even close to gearheads garage as someone else pointed out. For gods sake look at Automation if you want realism, and thats an indie title in alpha. You cant even take the engine apart which is a HUGE minus at least from me. I uninstalled this game and wont pick it up again. Expand
  6. Jan 28, 2014
    This game is kind of interesting for 3 or 4 jobs and then you realize it's actually fairly shallow.

The graphics are adequate, this isn't the kind of game that really demands anything amazing, so no complaints there. You can flip between a few radio stations to listen to some tunes while you work but they all sound fairly similar and are of the techno/rock/dubstep variety. A "load

You can flip between a few radio stations to listen to some tunes while you work but they all sound fairly similar and are of the techno/rock/dubstep variety. A "load your own music" option would have been amazing, or at least a few different genres of music (with maybe some licensed songs?), but I understand this is an indie/budget game so not all things are possible.

The controls and mouse feel a little clunky, like there's a slight delay in the look speed. Not a huge deal since precise mouse control isn't really necessary, but could definitely be better.

Now let's get down to the nuts and bolts of what really matters: the gameplay.

It has a nice aesthetic to it... each part can be highlighted by mousing over it and will glow green, yellow or red depending on the condition of the part, making it easy to see if a part needs replacing.

You receive work orders from customers that give you a clue as to what needs to be repaired. Sometimes it will only say something like "the steering feels loose" and then you can dive in and figure out why. Other times the customer will pretty much spell it out for you like "it's shifting funny, I think the clutch is bad." I found that all too often the hints were too obvious. Most of the time a person taking a car to a mechanic isn't going to know exactly what needs to be replaced unless it's something obvious. That kind of takes the thinking aspect of it away and simply turns it into a tedious checklist to complete.

Actually working on the cars is where I think I had my biggest complaint. There are essentially 8 "hubs" that you can work from: each wheel, the engine, the undercarriage (front and back) and the interior. The problem is that you can often see parts from any of these hubs while working through another. For example I had to replace a clutch... well in order to access the gearbox you first have to remove the drive axles from each wheel. Well I was currently working through the "engine hub" and although I could see the drive axles and actually mouse over them, it wouldn't let me work on them until I backed out of the engine hub, walked over to the left wheel hub, remove the wheel, then remove the drive axle, do the same for the right wheel, then go back to the engine hub and remove the gearbox. In short, it just wasn't very intuitive unless the idea is that you wouldn't be able to remove a drive axle in real life unless you remove the wheel etc. It should either let you work on any part of the car at any time, or only show you the parts you can work on through that hub, that way you're not confused as to what parts can be accessed through what hubs.

Another thing that was confusing was part repairs. The only thing the tutorial shows you is how to do is use the car lift. Nothing is mentioned about repairing parts. So when a customer wanted a starter replaced for $100, I went to my parts store and saw that a new one would cost well over $100. So instead I checked the used parts store and found one for under $100. I bought it and went to install it then realized that the used part I just bought had a condition of 7%, so it was useless. That's when I realized you can actually repair certain parts at the work bench. So I spent another $90 repairing the part I just bought and actually lost money on that job. Would have been nice if they could have mentioned that parts can be repaired in the tutorial.

Some jobs require you to perform a test drive. This feels like it was arbitrarily thrown in just to provide a different gameplay aspect. Every time you test drive you must do an acceleration check, brake check, slalom and rumble strips. The problem is that I never noticed a difference when, for example, driving a car with loose steering through the slalom. Nothing could be learned or diagnosed by performing these functions, it's just a pointless checklist to complete and it handles the same regardless of what problems the car has. It also got boring after the first time I was forced to do it.

For labeling itself a simulator, it also could use a lot more variety. All of the cars are front wheel drive, they all look the same under the hood, and although it includes all the major components of what makes a car run, it never gets down to the nitty gritty parts of the engine, etc.

All in all it's not a terrible game, especially at a budget price, but fairly early on you realize it's just not that deep of a game, and after 4 or 5 jobs it was already becoming tedious. Might be worth $5 or so but I can't recommend it for $20.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Great game for mechanics wannabe! Worth getting for this price. I've spent 120h inside endless mode. Looking forward for some addons. From what I read on publisher facebook page - they planning to add some 4x4 cars and new missions. GREAT!
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    Well i say yes :)
    If you love cars like me then this game is for you !
    The game really hooks you up to the screen, especially with the wife jokes(oh stop it.. :p). But i can't give it more than 7 out of 10 score, because it simply lacks some stuff. For example, the camera isn't so smooth, sometimes you end up going to the wrong section/part of the car and u have to go to your character
    Well i say yes :)
    If you love cars like me then this game is for you !
    For example, the camera isn't so smooth, sometimes you end up going to the wrong section/part of the car and u have to go to your character again and once more click the damm car to reach the pieces u want.
    The Test Drive isn't as good as it should be, it doesn't feel it really says the problems the car has.
    Now for stuff i would love to see in-game... i've played gearheadgarage back in the day, and i really would love you could go deeper on the engine and repair/replace alot more pieces than the car has at the moment.
    Would love an auction-house system in the game, like scrapyard, so you can buy old/screwed up cars, and fix them for a profit, but also adjust prices and rewards, so you never are overflowing with cash ^^

Well that's it.
    I hope u like my review :)
  9. Apr 28, 2014
    This game has a steep learning assumes you know everything about cars. I wanted to get this game to learn more about cars and see what makes a car tick, but instead I'm looking on the internet to see were the part i need to fix are on the car, this game is not for people like me who know nothing about cars.
  10. Jan 26, 2014
    Played for 7 hours so far but the game is great! Remind me about Gearhead Garage but without auctions. Its like find and replace parts game with some addons like test drive or chiptuning (which I not yet unlocked). Also community forum on Steam is very helpful with missions + game developer is there from day 1 and helping us make game better (already added restart order button and somePlayed for 7 hours so far but the game is great! Remind me about Gearhead Garage but without auctions. Its like find and replace parts game with some addons like test drive or chiptuning (which I not yet unlocked). Also community forum on Steam is very helpful with missions + game developer is there from day 1 and helping us make game better (already added restart order button and some extra options in menu). I'm waiting for some DLC and after that I will give it 10/10. I'm proud of game that was made in my country :) Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2014
    Good idea, poorly executed.
    This game is not the first of it's kind. The idea is quite similar to Street Rod for Amiga and PC in late 80's and also (or more so) Gearhead Garage released 15 years ago - you repair cars to earn money and get new jobs.
    Good idea, poorly executed.
    Problem is that the game is very shallow. It could have been much more, but it looks like the developer decided to rush the release without thinking through all the mechanics.
    Examples:

- test drive is absolutely useless. All it does is reveal upon completion the condition of some parts by coloring them appropriately. Unfortunately the condition of the car does not influence the behavior during driving. Whether it's got no brakes, or is tuned over 450hp, it will drive exactly the same.
    - money you earn on the jobs (and earning is extremely easy) buys you... nothing. Only thing you can buy is a set of new skills, which in turn will earn you more money that you can invest in skills... yeah, that's really innovative. Actually you don't need to invest in ANY skills to progress. You automatically receive new and better workshops after completing around 20 jobs on each level, there is no workshop management, upkeep etc.
    - there is only one tool you use to work on the car. You can buy a skill to improve its speed, but it is not essential
    - interface needs keyboard shortcuts, it is a pain to right click into menu every time I need to change work mode
    - part set is very limited. Actually every single car layout is the same, all i4, v6 motors are exactly the same, using the same parts.
    - at the beginning you can apply for a loan. Doing so will give you additional $5000, and it looks like you never have to pay it back. Actually I don't think you can, there is no option to do so.

Overall the game gets a 3 from me. There is no sense of progression, no pressure at all to keep the garage running - just tedious grind with no reward.
    Driving is useless, at least in Hot Rod that was released 25 years ago you could race the cars you built!
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    Nice idea but only if you're someone who has never worked on cars before, otherwise this is way too basic. The camera controls are annoying most the time and most of it is quite repetitive.
  13. Feb 9, 2014
    The idea and overall potential of a game like this is exciting. Unfortunately, the Dev's have got it wrong on this occasion. It merely scratches the surface of what could be an amazing experience. The graphics are pretty good, control system is reasonable, sounds are ok but gameplay after an hour or so becomes repetitive and tiring.

The game 'Automation' is a good example of the

The game 'Automation' is a good example of the required depth and content to keep the player engrossed in a world of tinkering. Even it could do with going slightly deeper. If this type of content could be fused with CMS2014 it would certainly turn this game into what it should be.

So, a conclusion.
    A great concept but lacking any real depth and addictiveness. The potential is there, only it should have been realised prior to release. I fear the boat may have already sailed for this one.....
  14. Jul 26, 2014
    This is the definition of lost potential. It is a great start to what should be a high end simulator title. Adding maybe some racing, actually purchasing your garage upgrades, hiring mechanics, dealing with customers and multiple cars. Introduce real world issues, part shortages, ability to be sleazy, reputation building etc and you would go from an OK casual game to a top notchThis is the definition of lost potential. It is a great start to what should be a high end simulator title. Adding maybe some racing, actually purchasing your garage upgrades, hiring mechanics, dealing with customers and multiple cars. Introduce real world issues, part shortages, ability to be sleazy, reputation building etc and you would go from an OK casual game to a top notch original simulator. Hopefully Red Dot will try again with a more advanced product. Expand
  15. Feb 22, 2014
    What a fu**ing waste of time!
    What a fu**ing waste of time!
    I wanted to play it, I really did, but I couldn't. It's so frustrating!! Undo every bolt, look around the car hopelessly, what am I a fu**ing robot?? They could have atleast managed to make an in-game hint list or something, but you got nothing. If you know fully how to disassemble a car from all the angles, good for you, however, for those who don't know - f**k you! The game gives you one lousy tutorial, in which you repeat the same s**t all over again and it doesnt even teach you the basics. Every moron knows how to operate a mouse! Click fest! I did not enjoy any of it. At all.

Avoid this game, it's horrible..

Better do mechanics in real life, it's more interesting.

"It's so bad it isn't even funny"

Ever wanted to play a game so bad you just went out and bought it?

Well, I did. And it didn't end well. It was a disaster right from the start.

DON'T BUY IT!
  16. Mar 5, 2014
    I will start my review saying...
    That basically this game is one of the best simulators around.. and if your still learning and want to know more about working on cars then this is the game for you!
    I will start my review saying...
    I only just started playing this game the other day, and quite frankly, I love cars and the whole idea of modding them and doing them up, is just fantastic. I just have no experience whatsoever on how to do this! So what i decided to do with most new games i try out is, have a quick blaze before we start, just to the game that bit more exciting (that way the last thing on my mind is repetitiveness). And well I just fell in love with it too be honest! I cant really say too much else about the game as I hope and insist you to try it out for yourselves. So what are you waiting for my friends, get to it.

This is based on my opinion entirely, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Thank you and have a nice blaze.. i mean day! ;)
  17. Apr 2, 2014
    CMS2014 is a good game, but its really not for simple people, its probably best for Real mechanics or Some gamers that like Extreme Realistic. but it still is a great simulator
  18. Aug 6, 2014
    All right, folks. The only bad reviews this game is getting for User Score is from people complaining about something not being in the gaming; e.g., "this game should have racing." Are you kidding? The title of the game is called "Car MECHANIC Simulator 2014." Not "Gran Turismo Driver Mechanic 2035." And there's also people buying this game knowing nothing about cars and leaving badAll right, folks. The only bad reviews this game is getting for User Score is from people complaining about something not being in the gaming; e.g., "this game should have racing." Are you kidding? The title of the game is called "Car MECHANIC Simulator 2014." Not "Gran Turismo Driver Mechanic 2035." And there's also people buying this game knowing nothing about cars and leaving bad reviews. After I completed every aspect of this game, I haven't sent my car to get fixed for something in a while [air filter (easy), fuel pump (not easy at all), oil (incredulously easy)]. People complaining and leaving bad scores for this game just because they didn't feel the need to even so much as try to find these things.

SUMMARY: This game is very good, the people leaving bad reviews are a bunch of whining ****

1. Apr 3, 2014
    Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 lacks the variety to entertain for very long, or the depth to succeed as a simulator. It’s nothing more than a series of one note puzzles.
  2. Apr 2, 2014
    Reaching newer car models or chip tuning takes much too long but Car Mechanic Simulator’s detailed visuals look good for a low budget title and the game offers a chance to learn something really useful. [04/2014, p.61]
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    More of an "encyclopedia of car service" than a game. Still, it has its good moments.