City of Villains PC

• Release Date: Oct 31, 2005
8.1

1. BlakeT.
    Nov 5, 2005
    I'm a huge City of Heroes fan. It was a monumental game that deserved a 10 rating when it was released in April 2004. And, honestly, it is still a ton of fun to play. However, this "new" game that is being released more than a year later is essentially the same game. This release, at most, should have been a free expasion pack to subscribers. The powers are the same, the archtypes I'm a huge City of Heroes fan. It was a monumental game that deserved a 10 rating when it was released in April 2004. And, honestly, it is still a ton of fun to play. However, this "new" game that is being released more than a year later is essentially the same game. This release, at most, should have been a free expasion pack to subscribers. The powers are the same, the archtypes are the same, the graphics are not updated at all, the sound/music is the same, etc. The addition of lairs is nice; however, like I said, this should have been pushed out to existing users. If you pay $50 for this game, you deserve what you get. Expand
  2. JoeB.
    Oct 16, 2005
    Same game as City of Heroes, they just reskinned it.
  3. LonnieW.
    Nov 22, 2005
    I admire the attempt of coming out with an expansiion but they fell short. Very disappointing...same powers with a few exceptions. Very laggy and very buggy code. If you don't mind jerky graphics, buggy content, and frequent disconnects then this is your game. The content gets just as old as it did in City of Heroes. Very disappointing.

1. All in all, I’m very impressed so far – City of Villains is fun, there’s consentual PvP and there’s base construction, but the best bit is that if you already have "City of Heroes," the monthly fee will also cover you for City of Villains.
  2. Good changes to graphics engine, interesting play on the CoH world, welcome emphasis on SGs and new focus on inter-game PvP.
    This is the game we've been waiting for since the day we learned we could pull on tights, don a mask and fight crime with powers we could only dream of! Now, we get to finally let our dark side run rampant through the streets!