7.1

1. Sep 22, 2013
    I just finished episode 4 and I am torn. While I absolutely loved episode 1+2 and though ep3 was somewhat good I have to say that episode 4 is by far the weakest part of the game. In the early Episodes you get a lot of freedom, you can roam around, discover stuff on your own, use your phone, PC and files to solve your own cases. The use of your special powers is fun but limited. Episode 4I just finished episode 4 and I am torn. While I absolutely loved episode 1+2 and though ep3 was somewhat good I have to say that episode 4 is by far the weakest part of the game. In the early Episodes you get a lot of freedom, you can roam around, discover stuff on your own, use your phone, PC and files to solve your own cases. The use of your special powers is fun but limited. Episode 4 on the other hand feels rather weak. There is no more real investigation (apart from 1 part), absolutely no freedom, you are on rails the entire time. There is literally 90% story and 10% gameplay in the last episode, to me it felt like cutscenes after cutscene with you making some clicks inbetween. There are also very awkward and illogical personal relationships revealed. Another change in the final episode is the addition of a trust-meter where you can either side with someone or against them. What I didn't like is the fact that the character, despite of my choices, tended to say the exact opposite of what I actually thought (in terms of who to support, who to blame etc). The ending was alright, it wasn't the most satisfying closure to a story I have ever experienced but I have seen worse. It is pretty cliché. There is also far too much focus on your powers as the story progresses, it get's repetitive and dull and isn't nearly as fun as the investigative style of the first episodes. Still a good game just not anywhere near as good as it started of.

Beware of minor bugs, I ran into many clipping and animation bugs. Episode 2 was bugged as every action would have a several second delay between them. Ep3+4 seem to have less bugs.
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    It's obvious that PO Studios had learned a lot from the first three episodes Episode 4 is by far the most polished, most cohesive story-wise and with the best pacing between all four episodes. Unfortunately, it's also the shortest (took me around 4 hours from start to finish, without accessing any hints). It also feels less like an adventure and more like that "interactive movie" game,It's obvious that PO Studios had learned a lot from the first three episodes Episode 4 is by far the most polished, most cohesive story-wise and with the best pacing between all four episodes. Unfortunately, it's also the shortest (took me around 4 hours from start to finish, without accessing any hints). It also feels less like an adventure and more like that "interactive movie" game, where you're mostly watching cinematics, but occasionally have to solve a puzzle or two.

Still, it's a very nice conclusion to the, overall, great adventure series.

P.S. Raleigh Holmes absolutely should do more voice work.

1. Mar 5, 2014
    Erica Reed is an engaging character: flawed but good-hearted, and learning as she goes along — much like the game named for her. This was a trip I'm glad I went on, and one I advise any fan of adventure games to take for a spin.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    A somewhat disappointing ending for a great game. Ep.4 loses all the momentum that was built in the previous installment and is mostly reduced into a puzzle hunt.
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    Cognition's take on a psychic FBI agent is far from perfect, but worth investigating.