7.6

1. Jun 4, 2011
    When I first started Cold Fear I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The sway of the ship, the rain, the lightning. All lended a nice touch. Then I tried playing the game. Forget WASD, the movement controls for this game are F*KD and the aiming is just as bad. Stopped and uninstalled after just 15 minutes of "play". Gave the game to a friend. He played for about as long. Even for free this game is a pass. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2014
    This game plays very similar to Resident Evil, gameplay, mechanics and all. But i had the chance to play this game before i ever played Resident Evil, this game scared the living hell out of me, a grown man! I don't get why is this game so underrated and overlooked?
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best action-horror game ps2 with tremendous atmosphere helped by its large graphics.
    The enemies are surprisingly fast and great animations.
    the scenery is sublime

1. The game utilises a series of components and dare we even mutter it under our breath, clich├ęs that can be derived from any number of horror films and survival horror titles, which is no big fault since for the most part (travelling aside) the game is an enjoyable title away from the established franchises that does offer some new ideas and details to the genre.
  2. A highly polished title that shows that Ubisoft's action-focused approached to the horrific can be gory fun, too.
  3. In the same league as the disposable horror flicks that fill video shelves and late-night cable. It's not particularly frightening, but good atmosphere and short-lived twitch satisfaction is enough to sustain interest for a while.