Cold Fear PC

7.6

1. RK
    May 3, 2006
    I really enjoyed this game. the graphics were pretty good and the sound was just okay. needed more focus on story and the game is rather linear and short. The game blends RE4 with traditional horror control. I had a lot of fun with it while it last. i wasn't expecting the game to control so well on PC, but i was surprised to find it controlled very well. those who dont like survival I really enjoyed this game. the graphics were pretty good and the sound was just okay. needed more focus on story and the game is rather linear and short. The game blends RE4 with traditional horror control. I had a lot of fun with it while it last. i wasn't expecting the game to control so well on PC, but i was surprised to find it controlled very well. those who dont like survival horror games or the old school control scheme may want to stay away, but those who love horror games wil definately enjoy.(got the game used at EB for a mere $6!) Expand
  2. BrendanH.
    May 26, 2005
    I like this game. Graphics are good, Gameplay I like, Enemeys are good IMO. Only thing I don't like is the camera. Third person view should've been secondary view, and O-T-S view should've been default. Overall, a good game!
  3. Chris
    Nov 6, 2006
    I loved this game. although it was kind of like resident evil in the sense that there were in fact zombies, the story was different and good. the light and shadow system was great and enemies are intelligent and of course i loved the original enemies you fight. controls were a bit iffy but you get used to them. lastly the rocking boat really gave me a sense of fear and added a greatI loved this game. although it was kind of like resident evil in the sense that there were in fact zombies, the story was different and good. the light and shadow system was great and enemies are intelligent and of course i loved the original enemies you fight. controls were a bit iffy but you get used to them. lastly the rocking boat really gave me a sense of fear and added a great challenge to the game. afterall it is hard to aim in pouring rain and being on a boat beaten by waves doesn't help. All in all i thought it was a great pretty original game which will be enjoyed by many people... and who can beat a price of about $7 depending on where you look! Expand
  4. YoteS.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Out of all, one of the best games ever.
  5. Azmicool
    Apr 5, 2005
    Not bad. Nice graphics. Fun while it lasts.
  6. MattC.
    Mar 22, 2005
    Not a bad game could of been more scary and have zombies.
  7. PeterM.
    Apr 27, 2005
    This type of game is rarely seen in PC format, we should be appreciative to what Ubisoft accomplished. Just play it to believe.
  8. DimaD.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Good screenplay and graphics: can be scarier.
  9. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best action-horror game ps2 with tremendous atmosphere helped by its large graphics.
    The enemies are surprisingly fast and great animations.
    the scenery is sublime

1. The game utilises a series of components and dare we even mutter it under our breath, clich├ęs that can be derived from any number of horror films and survival horror titles, which is no big fault since for the most part (travelling aside) the game is an enjoyable title away from the established franchises that does offer some new ideas and details to the genre.
  2. A highly polished title that shows that Ubisoft's action-focused approached to the horrific can be gory fun, too.
  3. In the same league as the disposable horror flicks that fill video shelves and late-night cable. It's not particularly frightening, but good atmosphere and short-lived twitch satisfaction is enough to sustain interest for a while.